[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a show about a family piloting a mech work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Megabot_1000_.jpg (62KB, 597x477px) Image search: [Google]
Megabot_1000_.jpg
62KB, 597x477px
Can a show about a family piloting a mech work?
>>
File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg (77KB, 412x513px) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg
77KB, 412x513px
>>92675755
It'll work but it won't get good ratings.
>>
>>92675755
you mean like science team gatchaman?
there is precedent, considering how shows with teams of families are common, as well as giant robots
combining them sounds a natural extension
>>
>>92675803
it got good ratings, CN was just run by a fuckjob at the time
>>
Mecha lost intereset even in japan now
>>
>CN releases Fighting Future Family
>Father is shown to be complainant, loving and at times even wise while still being well humored
>He forms the Head and Body, while the Mom forms the Jetpack and Arms, and the kids form each leg
>Get's boycotted by Tumblr for being hetornormative and promoting the nuclear family
>Canceled after one 13 episode season
>>
File: thunderbirdsarego-jason-hablous.jpg (182KB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbirdsarego-jason-hablous.jpg
182KB, 1264x711px
>>92675755
You tell me.
>>
>>92675803
>>92676368
It didn't produce merch. Or the merch didn't sell, I forget which. If you can't sell merch you need to be advertising CRACK or win more awards than Jesus in order to stay on air. Sometimes both.

Was the show any good? I've never seen it.
>>
File: 9.jpg (45KB, 335x640px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
45KB, 335x640px
>>92675755
as in whole family (parents included) or just enough family members (mostly siblings)?
>>
>>92675803
>>92676368
>>92679406
the show ended because they couldn't get a toy patent for it

it hurts
>>
>>92679406
It was ok. The Robot was interesting but the other two protagonists were meh.
>>
>>
I've had an idea for a senpai mech show about a dad who stole a mech from the army that he used to work for and his family all pilot it; His youngest son who I can best describe as Koji Kabuto from Mazinger Z and Akira Fudo from Devilman, his older daughter who is a tomboy, and his step wife.

The family each has their own goals in mind with the mech and it is influenced by the likes of Getter Robo and Mazinger Z
>>
>>92681706
NOT SENPAI, FAMILY MECH SHOW
>>
>>92680630
Dad
Step Mom
Oldest daughter
Youngest son
>>
>>92681706
I had a similar idea, except not similar in the slightest.

A dad and his son are living in a small isolationist tribe in a post-post-apocalyptic wasteland, when the tribe gets visited by a military faction piloting a huge mobile fortress.
The army is looking for a family to come live on the fortress as part of a social experiment, so the father and son coax several other members of the tribe to pretend to be their family.
They manage to fool the army and get on board, but by the end of the pilot they get caught and have to kick the army out of the fortress.
Then the rest of the series is the group piloting the fortress across the wasteland and going on wacky adventures while the army tries to get the fortress back.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.