[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with so many series finales revolving around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

What's the deal with so many series finales revolving around bringing back a huge chunk of characters from past episodes to aid in one final battle against the Big Bad Guy?

Aren't there more original/creative ideas for giving a show proper closure?
>>
>>92668413
Because whiny cucks like you would complain otherwise.
>>
>>92668413
All of them had a giant robot too if I recall.
>>
>>92668413
That's why you introduce characters, so they help the main ones out in the end. It would also be uneventful if there was no final epic battle either.
>>
>>92668413
It is called the "All Stars" ending.
>>
>>92668413
Fanservice.

Adventure Time's probably gonna do it, too.
>>
File: D6nn8Sd.jpg (69KB, 507x307px)
D6nn8Sd.jpg
69KB, 507x307px
>>92668413
>>
>>92668760
And Steven Universe. And Star Vs.
>>
File: 1454427924241.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1454427924241.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>Hero fights the villain alone
>Hero fights the villain with his friends

It's like OP never watched cartoons before.
>>
>>92668413
I like these endings, but variety would be nice.

If I were to make an ending to my tv series, I'd only involve the main characters and villains and let the side characters have their own last episodes in the final season desu.
>>
File: IMG_6442.png (864KB, 1172x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6442.png
864KB, 1172x832px
>>92668413
That's the thing, though. "The End of the Galaxy" wasn't intended as the ultimate ending for WOY. The main parts of the Dominator arc (the 4 half-hour episodes) were all developed before Disney told McCracken that there wouldn't be a Season 3. The S2 finale wasn't written at the last second.

Craig wanted to tell a complete story over the course of this past season, and then they would fully explore Hater and Wander's origins.
>>
>>92668760
Strangely enough, I'm expecting Adventure Time to keep its ending simple. We've had large casts of characters in the past miniseries and it's time for something different
>>
>>92668413
It's to show the the progress main character(s) made and how much of a impact he/she/they had on the world
>>
>>92669450
>>92668760
Will we ever see anyone directly interact with GOLB? Or will it just stay implied that the deity is Prismo's boss and "stole" Magic Man's wife?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.