[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do kids like Steven Universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3260.jpg (250KB, 1680x1428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3260.jpg
250KB, 1680x1428px
Do kids like Steven Universe?
>>
I asked my 8 year old cousin a few days ago if he wateched it he said "it's not funny" but he loves Gumball.
>>
>>92668381
Not really. I worked at a summer camp last year and asked kids what cartoons they liked. They said they liked Teen Titans Go and that Steven Universe bored them.
>>
File: 1494073806739.png (130KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1494073806739.png
130KB, 1280x738px
>>92668430
>>92668482
probably because it's not directed towards kids
so why are people confused about the ratings dropping?
>>
Define "kids"?
>>
>>92668430
Steven universe is not really a comedy when you think about it. It's really much more of a plot centred show
>>
>>92668381
probably not

but I'm pretty sure its shooting for 12+ demographically anyway, so who cares what kids think of it
>>
>>92668381
Based on the ratings it's a big fuck no
>>
>>92668920
Definitely those below 12, maybe those below 14 but those could be counted as teenagers already.
>>
>>92668430
Honestly I can't remember the last time I laughed at this show. And it's not like it's an action cartoon like Teen Titans or Adventure Time. It's just not entertaining
>>
>>92668381
My seven year old Nephew likes it, has some toys, and watches it with his mother. I don't think he represents the norm.
>>
>>92669428
"Plot" is not a genre Rebecca considers it to be a comedy with some drama
>>
>>92669686
a dramedy if you will
>>
>>92669428
You mean story based? That's not a genre. Action, mystery, comedy, those are genres.

Steven is just some terrible SoL with a long draw our boring plot and backstory Sugar drags her feet to tell
>>
>>92668381
Nah. Most of it's fanbase are teenagers and twenty something year old autists. The kids are gravitating towards more overly generic shows like Loud House. Likewise with Star VS.
>>
File: IMG_4194.jpg (67KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4194.jpg
67KB, 1024x768px
>>92669787
A dramedy fart
>>
>>92669787
Steven is one of the least funny cartoons on air right now
>>
Kids nowadays don't have anywhere near the attention span for a show like SU. That's why TTG is so popular.
>>
>>92669491
Isn't it CN's second highest rated show?
>>
>>92668381
Nobody is interested in watching a fat autistic spic do ebin randumb shite.
>>
>>92670109
Kids have the attention span to follow Dragon Ball Z and that series take 3 months for something to happen. Steven Universe is not aimed at kids.
>>
I have three cousins, 2 girls and 1 boy, that love it. It's colourful as fuck and has fantasy elements and kids like that.
>>
>>92670109
Oh shut up with that generational bullshit

Shows with long overarching storylines have always been to get good ratings with. That's why they tend to be episodic with multiple smaller plots.

Think Adventure Time, original Teen Titans, original Samurai Jack. Shit where you can sit down and watch an episode and be content without getting confused.

The one shot slice of life episodes for comedy and fun tend to alsp suck. And the characters don't progress
>>
>>92670250
>SU isn't for kids
Excuse me what?
>>
>>92670310
teenagers =/= kids
>>
>>92670394
Semantics
Both are not watching this show
>>
>>92670277
>Pirates of the Dark Water will NEVER get a conclusion
>>
File: f02f.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
f02f.gif
1MB, 320x180px
It has all the makers of a kids show but if you look too close at it,it shows signs of non-kid friendly themes.
>>
>>92669787
I like SU but most of the time isn't funny, maybe some scenes with peridot or amy
>>
>>92668381

man children do.
>>
>>92668381

Yes, because kids are stupid and will watch anything that's a cartoon.
>>
A year ago when i was in the hospital for reasons, i had the tv on CN watching gumball and the nurse talked to me about how his son like most of the shows BUT Steven Universe
>>
>implying kids watch cartoons anymore
Kids just watch faggots on YouTube now anon. Most kids under 10 probably watch less than an hour of TV a week, if any at all.
>>
SU is kinda like digimon.

Not every kid liked digimon to begin with, they only cared about the fights and comedy, something pokemon had in every episode. Digimon was more drama oriented and the fights were secondary.

Now remove the mons, add some sort of super hero gimmick, and remove even more fights.

Thats SU.
As a kid i liked as told by ginger but that was just me, so i see why is hated.

Same will happen with SU, is not coincidence that peridot and lapis are the most popular gems, is the closest to comedy in this show.
>>
>>92668381
I watched Steven Universe with my 9 year old brother, but thanks to the show's retarded liberal message of making peace with your enemies instead of beating the crap out of them, kinda make him a cuck, since he always let kids bully him.
This goes on to the point I have to remind him, "if they try to punch you, you kick them where it hurts, the crotch" almost everyday. Also, he have the same body type as steven.
>>
>>92673292
So his parents are abusive?
>>
>>92671940
>when you realize that all the kids from the first digimon are 3-6 years younger than Steven
>>
>>92673395
>Ash in the first pokemon series was four years younger than Steven
>>
>>92673482
Fucking Kek Brock was only one year older than Steven
>>
>>92673292
Did you tell him to yell "that's my purse"?
>>
>Steven is the same age as beast boy from the teen titans
>>
>>92669491
First of all, ratings were actually decent until all this leak bullshit started happening.

There's also the fact that for an entire month, Cartoon Network didn't even advertise new episodes for the show on the channel.
>>
>>92673975
Hasn't the show has multiple hiatusus?
>>
>>92674255
being on hiatus is more the norm than anything at this point

the show spends more time off then on and they often refuse to even tell people when its coming back until like a week or two beforehand
>>
>>92668381
Actual kids don't watch Steven Universe, there's a reason why CN shoves TTGO and Gumball on air 10 hours straight while SU has those shitty netflix style dumps with the episodes leaking online weeks in advance. I would even go as far as to say that more children watch My Little Pony than they do Steven Universe.
>>
>>92668381
My nephews find it boring.
>>
>>92669428
>It's really much more of a plot centred show
Dude every show and its episodes are centered around a plot, what do you even mean by this? Are you saying that Steven Universe as a show is so vague and directionless that you can't even describe what kind of show it is?
>>
>>92670153
That's not really hard to do when their time schedule is dominated by a single show, with all others being sprinkled in haphazardly. The last week's schedule for CN I think Adventure Time only had a single slot in there.
>>
>>92673395
>>92673482
Looks like shit writing. Kids acting as adults is fucking lame. I'm glad SU didn't take this route.
>>
>>92669686
>>92669787
>Comedy - Either a reference to japshit or Steven shitting on Lars
>Drama - One of the girl characters brings the show to a screeching halt because she's on her period
If it's supposed to be a "dramedy" then it's a pretty shitty one.
>>
>>92668381
If they had more gorgeous fusions and gem magic shit on the show, then children wouldn't find it too boring. But if they think episodes of literally nothing happening are best, then fine.

I think kids find it Clarence-tier, only a bit less funny.
>>
File: 1494625164947.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494625164947.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
Dunno, am a teacher myself and no kids are talking about this show. They mostly prefer Dragonball Z which is still airing during the day in this country.
>>
>>92674418
not sure about now, but mlp was plenty popular with the kids in its day. I still see kids wearing backpacks and stuff with the characters (I work at a school)
>>
>>92674908
> episodes of literally nothing happening
This is the problem here, you have a cartoon that's being touted and shown off as some kind of weirdo blend of various magical girl series yet the vast majority of the episodes that people see are of the characters shooting the shit and discussing their personal problems.
It's kinda like with the Game of Thrones tv adaptation, most people are watching and waiting for the action to happen or for the dragons to show up and do their shit but you're never going to see it happen for a long ass time. I think the worst blueballing GoT has done so far is when it's building up this huge 1:1 duel after a chase scene but then it cuts to the fucking credits and the next episode starts after the fight.
>>
>>92674659
Where are you getting those definitions?
>>
>>92675238
>>92675238
Those aren't definitions those are examples of the two genres that I've found in the series so far
>>
>>92675328
You haven't been watching for very long then, have you?
>>
>>92668381
no only autistic manchildren
>>
File: avatar_12071.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
49KB, 200x200px
>>92668381
Well it's hard to say when Teen Titans Go and Ben 10 are dominating the scheduling.
>>
>>92675357
Too long, actually
>>
>>92675176
Exactly. It's pitched as an action and story driven show but the high majority are just SoL episodes about normal, boring people in the town or the main protagonist who never changes.

>"Hey Stevens physical state reflects his mental state."
>oh cool so he's going to shrink when he's scared or grow older and stronger when he's facing danger?
>" Lol no he'll never change."
>wait so he never progress as a character?
>"He'll actually start shrinking and regressing so none of the episodes that focus on his development will have any meaning."
Why?!
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.