[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think he spent his last minute of existing before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: oh no.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
How do you think he spent his last minute of existing before he vanished? Let's assume that the future timeline remained existing and only Aku vanished, fist of all. Was he panicking? Accepting? Vengeful against the army?
>>
I'm sure after the "oh no", he looked around the pit of hate at all those assembled against him, looking at their grins of triumph, and sank back into his throne in despair, watching as he began to turn transparent.
>>
>>92665902
He has already killed most of the army by that point. Probably >>92666048 while the Scotsman insulted him.
>>
File: johnny71235450.jpg (72KB, 437x911px) Image search: [Google]
johnny71235450.jpg
72KB, 437x911px
>>
It took many months between killing past Aku and Ashi disappearing, judging by the fact that the wedding guests had to travel halfway around the world to get there.

Maybe Future Aku kept existing too?
>>
>Let's assume that the future timeline remained existing and only Aku vanished
That's not possible.

If Aku didn't exist, nothing that was caused by him existed, and nothing that was influenced by him would have been the same. Not just from the moment Ashi and Jack went to the past, but every single thing that happened from the moment Aku sent Jack to the future.

Doesn't matter anyway because changing the past is inherently self-contradictory.
>>
>>92667091
That's why infinite Earths time travel is best time travel.
>>
Jeez, I watched the last 3 episodes today. What the fuck happened to make them so horrible compared to the rest?
>>
>>92667127
>infinite Earths """time""" travel
You can never go to your own history so it's not really time travel.
>>
>>92667091
>OP sets a basic premise for the purpose of thread to direct the discussion away from potential plot holes
>discussion immediately turns to plot holes and not what OP was asking about

time travel is fucking gay
>>
why couldn't Jack just kill Aku in the future and stay in the future so this fucking spergy time travel talk wouldn't invest the whole fucking board??
fuck you Genndy
>>
File: Aku Fades Away.jpg (242KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aku Fades Away.jpg
242KB, 1600x800px
>>92665902
Spent it sing Sinatra, of course.
https://twitter.com/AkuOfficialAcct
>>
>>92667303
MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEEAD
>>
I was expecting him to time travel himself, maybe breaking into Ashi's wormhole and fight Jack.
>>
>>92667427
plot holes galore my friend
>>
>>92667138
your headcanons
>>
File: 1459270233053.gif (30KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459270233053.gif
30KB, 125x125px
>>92667427
I'm not sure he has the ability to time travel himself.
>>
File: Aang Thinking.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Aang Thinking.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
>>92667729
But if Ashi can do so, and Ashi has Aku's powers, Aku must be able to time travel, yes?
>>
>>92667091
But Ashi also "never existed" yet people still remembered her and Jack was still in the past.
We know that it's not a perfect stable time loop because Jack created a second timeline in the last episode so maybe the two can coexist.
>>
>>92667756
He said that he destroyed all the time portals, so maybe that also meant he removed his own ability to time travel just in case Jack somehow found a way to control him.
>>
>>92667427
>>92667729
>>92667756
Samurai Jack time travel seems to work in a way that you can only travel to a time in which you don't already exist, hence why future Jack appeared after past Jack was flung into the future

Personally I think in the finale Aku should have gotten some kind of power up, like maybe his six daughters died but their power was added to his so now he can take Jack and Ashi on even when both are fighting him- but Jack and Ashi go to the past so he's fucked anyway
>>
>>92667762
>we know that jack created a second timeline

Things you want to have happened=/=things that happened
>>
>>92667855
>you can only travel to a time in which you don't already exist
So why didn't Aku go back to the point after Jack defeated him in the past?
Or is the change of time very fast?
>>
>>92665902
most likely something similar to that justice league episode, with Aku yelling in despair while his domain vanishes and a bright future townsville starts appearing around him. End shot with the Scotsman fading away while saying "Thanks Laddie."
Fuck now I want to draw that.
>>
>>92667876
Yes because the prime timeline is the bad future with Aku as the ruler but if you see the last episode you'll notice that Jack kind of went back to the past.
>>
Should have gone the Chrono Trigger route and kill him outside of time.

Or Aku should have gone back in time to stop Jack from killing Past Aku.
>>
We still don't know what happened and looks like we have to wait for Genndy's commentary but my take is that whatever happened it's for the best. No matter which version of time travel the show supports it was a good ending. Perhaps this is why we didn't get a glimpse of the good future because Jack didn't either but we all know it worked.
>>
>>92666933
Scotsman probably started laughing his ass off.
>>
File: scotman and aku.png (3MB, 960x6480px) Image search: [Google]
scotman and aku.png
3MB, 960x6480px
>>92667917
There is this that I sorta had a part in making
>>
>>92668254
Does he have a twitter or some other way to contact him?
>>
I wouldn't say the ending was a disappointment, but I really didn't think it would be so...basic and superficial. Not letting us see how the future develops without Aku was a huge flaw.
>>
>>92667891
Because he was already dead, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>92665902
It still sucks Aku died. I wish he could have called truce with Jack and then he fucked off to destroy another universe.
>>
File: 1427914712120.jpg (15KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1427914712120.jpg
15KB, 228x221px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-OkmqIHtc

Feels bad to watch the first three episodes and compare it to how the show turned out.
>>
>>92669344
Jack wouldn't let that happen.
>>
>>92668579
Seems about right.
Everyone who decided to go and save Jack also saw the broadcast which stated that Jack was trying to erase the evil future.
The fact that they still went to save him implies that they were willing to die or be erased in order to create a better future.
>>
>>92669376
Apparently Izzy from the Pizza party podcast is gonna try and recut all the season 5 episodes into one big movie. It'll be interesting to see if they actually flow well into each other.
>>
>>92669572
Recuts are OK. Changing the ending is not.
>>
>>92669606
The ending is fine to me so I wouldn't want it changed, but I do kinda want an epilogue showing what old Jack does in the past and what new Jack sees after he gets launched into the good future.
>>
I like to imagine him packing his bags, putting on some hat and going on a beach.
spending his last moments doing nothing and being himself while world around him turned into better and brighter place and him reacting "UGH." then "poof", vanished.
>>
>>92669678
>he's not trying to escape being erased, he just wants to be comfy when it happens
>>
>>92665902
Why didn't Aku go back in time too?
>>
just finished the last episode, holy shit that was disappointing and rushed and anti-climactic

they could fleshed out the final confrontation across 3 episodes and it woulda had WAAAAAAY more impact. and that whole line from ashi "oh hey jack if aku never ruled the future i wouldn't have been born lol bye" was just god awful

i mean that's the obvious conclusion of them going back to the past but holy shit what a hamfisted way to bring it up
>>
>>92669733
Because Genndy is a hack and he wanted to get the show over with instead of giving it a logical ending.
>>
>>92669733
Probably removed that ability from himself when he destroyed all the time portals just in case jack managed to take control of him.
>>
>>92669668
We all do, regardless of our opinion on the ending.
>>
>>92669733
he forgot
>>
>>92669796
Do we know if there was actually a change in the amount of episodes in the season?
>>
>>92669733
If time travel made any sense, Aku would have ceased to exist the second Jack went through the portal.
>>
>>92669775>>92669812
>Aku, you got Aku powers!
>GASP, I do!!
>>
>>92669843
>>The story was originally just going to be a ~90 minute theatrical film, and it absolutely would have just been Ashi: The Movie.
>>
>>92669890
He removed the power from himself, but that doesn't mean his daughter wouldn't inherit the remnants of it (depending on whether he destroyed all the time portals before or after giving his essence to the cult)
>>
>>92668579
that's cool. I might focus more of on the reference of the Justice League episode.
>>
>>92665902

After "oh no" the futureverse vanished.
>>
>>92665902
He didn't died because jack killing aku in the past created alternate timeline
therefore Aku realised that he's not only going to die, but he also got rid of Jack forever.
>>
>>92665902
Did anyone else think Jack was going to free Aku somehow near the end to get his waifu back?
>>
>>92670001
>He removed the power from himself
source?
>>
>people can't understand back to the future levels of time travel
>>
>>92669258
>Not letting us see how the future develops without Aku was a huge flaw.
I think that was the idea. Not showing us a bright future, just the hope and promise of a bright future. That's one of the ways I interpret the field of cherry tress at the end.
>>
>>92668579
I remember the post this was inspired by.

Glad somebody drew it.
>>
>>92665902
Was aku stronger in the future?

kinda seemed that way desu
>>
>>92670670
I assume so

Or else it would just make more sense to kill Aku in the future
>>
>>92670522
Not him. But that would make as a hell of a good episode twist, where jack defeats aku and only to reveal Aku handicapped that feature from him. Sort of like amputating an infected limb
>>
>>92667756
>Aku must be able to time travel, yes?
Has Aku ever -tried- to time travel though? He may have the ability, but never thought to do so.

Why didn't he ever use time travel in the first four seasons to go back and try a fight over and over again until Jack died? Watch for the singular moment where Jack pulls a win out of his ass and influence it?

It's because Aku is kind of dumb. He's a splinter of a formless, natureless evil given human sentience by magic.
>>
>>92669812

LOOOOONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, I, AKU, THE SHAPE-
>aw fuck what do i do again.
>>
>>92670670
Second episode Aku is mining some kind of gem that amplify his powers.

So it is likely that Aku does get stronger with time on the future by many other means.

>>92670734
Jack tried it at every opportunity that he had, but after the gangster episode he started teleporting his fortress around.
>>
>>92669733
Because he'd die in the past as well.
>>
>>92669733
Because that would be logical
>>
>>92669733
It seems time travel rules are somewhat strict in Jacks reality.

You cant time travel to a time where you are already present
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.