[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should Dick Grayson go back to being Robin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0344.jpg (59KB, 239x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0344.jpg
59KB, 239x479px
Think about it
>Dick is the known as THE Robin among the casual and comic crowd.
>Most of the movies and shows with Robin in them usually has Dick in the role.
>There's synergy with the Teen Titans Go cartoon, which again, has Dick as Robin.
>Hal and Barry went back to their identities as GL and the Flash so why shouldn't Dick take back the Robin identity?
>There's basis for this with the old Earth 2 Robin, which had Dick successfully stay in the Robin persona.
Really, I wouldn't be surprised if Dick went back to being Robin soon.
>>
>>92665129
That is both a really bad idea and also very unlikely to happen

Bravo
>>
File: Deathstroke (2016-) 019-006.jpg (398KB, 1005x1383px) Image search: [Google]
Deathstroke (2016-) 019-006.jpg
398KB, 1005x1383px
>>92665129
>>
>>92665160
Is it really a bad idea though?
People can name Dick as Robin but they can't name a single thing he's done as Nightwing.
>>
>>92665206
>Posting Damian
And this proves your point how?
>>
>>92665268
That's Dick.
>>
>>92665221
Dick is a grown fucking man, there have already been three other Robins, it would be really weird if he suddenly went back to being Robin especially since the current one is a 13 year old boy
>>
>>92665303
Again, is it really?
Dick stayed as Robin well into middle age in Earth-2, so why would it be weird here?
>>
>>92665303
>there have already been three other Robins
There have been two other Green Lanterns and two other Flashes, yet there's always been the one true GL/Flash.
>>
>>92665332
Because of the whole character arc of being his own man,plus the earth 2 Dick wasn't taking the title that had been adopted by 3 other teens,2 of which also outgrew the identity.Besides casuals know Dick as robin AS A KID,a grown man as robin just isn't appealing to fans or casuals desu
>>
>>92665332
Because Robin is a sidekick role, and Batman having a grown man for a sidekick is weird, Nightwing is considered an upgrade for Dick as he's stepping out of Batman's shadow.
Just because normies don't know any other Robin doesn't mean DC should pander to them.
>>
>>92665413
>Just because normies don't know any other Robin doesn't mean DC should pander to them.
DC has been pandering to normies since N52. You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't do this.
>>
>>92665268
YOU'RE A RETARD
*clap clap clapclapclap*
>>
>>92665481
Do you actually think they would make a grown man Robin, get rid of the Nightwing title (which sells pretty well and has a live action movie planned), mess up the Batfamily dynamics, and replace Damian who is leading 2 books right now?
>>
>>92665388
>>92665413
>it was a character arc about him becoming his own man
Like how Wally becoming Flash was him becoming his own man?
And we all know how that ended up...
>>
>>92665554
It's called taking a risk.
DC should try it more often.
>>
>>92665557
It worked and was great for 20 something years
>>
>>92665557
You're either trolling or autistic but Flash wasn't an original mantle for Wally, there was always a chance Barry would be brought back. Nightwing meanwhile was never anyone's serious persona until Dick used it so there would be no reason to stop him from being NW.
>>
>>92665609
Not really.
People always ended up yearning for Barry; Wally just couldn't fit in his shoes.
Same here. No other Robin has made the same impact as Dick did. It's alluded in the comics themselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (604KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
604KB, 1000x1537px
>>92665557
Yeah he's not the main flash anymore but he's not an adult kid flash,fuck he wasn't even the first flash in not getting your arguement.Going from solo hero to sidekick is just really unnecessary besides Nightwings appeared in games,cartoons and other media,he's got a large enough fanbase to remain nightwing,the only way Dick goes back to being robin is if they just reboot the universe and make him a teen again,and I genuinly doubt DC is gonna go in the direction for a long time
>>
>>92665129
>Think about it
I don't think you're really thinking about it.
>>
>>92665129
that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard
>>
>>92665896
Not really.
Do you ever see people saying how Jason or Tim or Damian were the best Robins?
>>
>>92666009
Yes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.