[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All New Guardians of the Galaxy #2 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 57

This week's adventure: "Been Caught Stealing"!
>>
It might be good
>>
>>
Kuder is rocking this series.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92661774
>>92661792
>>92661829
>movie autist Drax
>dumb musician Memelord
>even more retardness
I'm out. At least I can say I lasted until page 8
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
In two weeks: Gamora, deadliest woman in the Galaxy!

Support the official release.
>>
>>92662069
Already at that arc?

Well, the pacing for the book got a lot better. Thanks Duggan
>>
>>92661893
Hah. That's pretty funny
>>
>>92662050
https://streamable.com/no3y4
>>
>>92662227
I recall the way the book works for the first eleven, is each odd numbered issue is a Flashback issue concerning how each Guardian got to their status quo in #1.
First Gamora, then Peter, then Drax, then Rocket and Groot. Once the guest flashbacks are done, Kuder and another artist switch off on arcs.

Hopefully Pepe Larraz.
>>
>>92661759
>security dementors
kek
>>
>>92661759
Are those Dementors?
>>
>>92661774
>they don have anything on offer that I want
Is Moondragon going to show up?
>>
>>92662050
Looks like a Groot is going back to his roots.
>>
>>92661893
>batman.jpg
>>
The panel at C2E2 made me a lot more hopeful for this book... but yikes, this is pretty bad.
>>
>>92661792
>Well, you can toot your saxophone then
Glad to see they remembered that part of Drax' history.
>>
>>92662038
Any theories on who this could be?
>>
>>92662017
Well well, if it isn't Humphries Collector. Just when I thought Duggan couldn't dissapoint me any further.
>>
>>92663471
I feel like quality will take a free fall when he brings in Nova.
>>
>>92663471
Humphries isn't responsible for the redesign. He's a writer, not an artist.
>>
>>92663471
>>92663553
"Humphries Collector" is really just Movie-inspired Collector. He also showed up in Ewing's Contest of Champions.
>>
>>92661946
>muh terra

cmon quill, you know you don't really give a shit about that mudball
>>
>>92661983
>not muh guardians

Writing is pretty good so I don't mind. I actually want to see where the plot is going whereas Bendis never had a plot to speak of.
>>
>>92664100
Yeah, didn't his whole run start with a Galactic Council passing a "law" that made it illegal for aliens to mess with Earth (which somehow made aliens want to attack the Earth more????) only for Bendis to completely abandon that whole plot with no real resolution?
>>
>>92664133
Yeah he proceeded to fuck around with a bunch of shitty B-plots for the entire series. Planet of the Symbiotes, all that dumb bullshit with J'Son, Jean Grey and Black Vortex.
>>
>>92664100
Just because Bendis wrote bigger shit doesn't mean this comic isn't giant shit. Any writer can win against the Bendis work. It's 'Very Easy' mode.
>>
>>92664332
It's really not that bad tho
>>
>>92664332
Tell me why it's giant shit. "Not muh Guardians" may be why you dislike it but that is not a valid reason for it being shit. The world moves on even if you refuse to, you must account for this when critiquing.
>>
>>92664588
>that is not a valid reason for it being shit
It actually is, though. Turning them into the movie versions is creatively lazy, and more importantly, makes no fucking sense for almost all of the characters.

It makes SENSE for the movie guardians to be different, despite James Gunn basing the original movie off of the DnA run, they are entirely different characters in a new setting. It works. It does not work when they are characters that already exist one way in a setting, and changing them into the movie versions because why not is just... lazy.

If Dan Slott randomly de-aged Peter 20 some years, put him in high school his new best friend Ned Ganke where he spends all his time admiring Tony Stark, would you defend that too?

The comic version of the Guardians of the Galaxy wear that name for a reason, you can't just supplant the movie version over it because you can't be bothered to grow the characters in an organic way.
>>
>>92662069
Holy shit, a Marvel artist who knows how to draw a raccoon. Call the newspapers.
>>
>>92665008
>It actually is, though

No, it isn't. It is a valid reason for you to dislike it, sure, but you can't say it's "giant shit" just because you're still attached to the previous version of the characters. If you want people to take your opinion seriously you have to judge a book fairly on what it is, not what you'd like it to be. And for a book about movie-inspired Guardians this ain't bad so far.

Now I'm not sayin you gotta like it pal, but if you're not gonna bother with a real critique then what's the point? We all know this isn't the DnA Guardians and we all know they're not coming back, we don't need you to alert us and you're a fool if you ever thought otherwise.
>>
>>92665177
It's hard to justify calling them the GOTG when they are just a bunch of professional thieves. I like my anti-heroes at least a little bit heroic.
>>
>>92665177
I wasn't even the original guy, it's not garbage, but it's not good. If the foundation of your book is a strict adaptation of a loose adaptation, then, chances are, it won't be that interesting because at this point, you're bringing nothing NEW to the table.... and so far this isn't interesting at all. Pacifist is the only new thing this book brings to the table, and even that is limited by Drax being the literal movie version (in fact, LESS interesting than Movie Drax, because Movie Drax as a character grew past 'takes everything 100% literally')

At the end of the day, it's not the movie guardians, they're actual characters that existed before the movie and had a reason to be called, you know, the guardians of the galaxy.

I do not understand why movie synergy gets hated on everywhere BUT the guardians, when lazy writers forcing synergism affects them the most.
>>
>>92665288
It was hard to justify calling them the GotG when they weren't freedom fighters in the 30th century.
>>
>>92665288
They took the Grandmaster job specifically to secure a dangerous Cosmic artifact. Now they're caught in the middle of a feud between two Elders of the Universe. Seems like GOTG material to me.

>>92665430
We're at the beginning of this run and you're just assuming Duggan isn't going to grow the characters? He's already said that this book starts the characters in a neutral place that should be familiar to both long-time readers and fans of the movie before he dives into his own journey with them.

>I do not understand why movie synergy gets hated on everywhere BUT the guardians, when lazy writers forcing synergism affects them the most

I don't throw tantrums about synergy seeing as it's been a staple of comics for as long as I've been reading them. Morrison's New X-Men was lambasted for synergy costumes but it turned out to be one of the most unique X-books in a long time. And Back in Black was a legitimately good story.

The problem is never synergy, it is always the writing. I didn't hate Bendis and Humphries because they used synergy costumes, I hated them because they wrote awful Cosmic books.
>>
>>92665177
I guess in your mind its illegal to express disatisfaction with a direction of a story. Are people only allowed to praise Marvel books, master?
>>
>>92665623
>It is a valid reason for you to dislike it, sure

You gonna make an actual point or just keep slingin fallacies?
>>
>>92665655
You gonna make an actual point of just keep shilling?
>>
>>92661682
duggan usually starts bad but kind of smoothes out after a few issues.

who wants to guess what gamora's deep dark secret she is hiding is? Something to do with the Watch apparently.
>>
>>92666043
She found a red lightsaber and a cybernetic arm in a black glove...
>>
>>92666013
I made my point. You elected to ignore it in favor of attacking a strawman and crying shill. Said point stands, so feel free to stop shitposting and join the discussion any time.

>>92666043
Didn't Duggan hint that Adam was coming back at some point?
>>
>>92665008
>Turning them into the movie versions is creatively lazy,
Forced synergy seems more like an editorial mandated thing. At least he´s making the best of it instead of writing the same story he always had like Bendis is doing with Defenders.
>>
>>92666265
I'm not so sure about that, honestly. Peter Parker is as far from Movie Peter as can be, similarly with Steve Rogers. I think nowadays it's just writers trying to get easy sales.
>>
>>92666512
If you think Marvel wouldn't love to get Peter back in high school..
>>
>>92667172
I'm sure they would, but not enough to stop Dan Slott from uh... being Dan Slott.
>>
I was expecting it to be mediocre, but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the issue. Very interested to see were they go with verbose Groot, as I enjoyed that character. Drax was actually enjoyable too. Thanks for the storytime, OP.
>>
Saw it hadn't been Storytime'd, so might as well post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8

Relax.
>>
First person who gets the music choice wins a no-prize.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92666120
why would adam coming back be a big dark secret though? unless he tries to kill peter for killing him, and the rest of the gotg might encourage that.
>>
>>
>>
>>92667886
Ah, been waitin on this to come out. Reckon it'll be the only space story Chip gets to tell. Shame, I actually liked his Grounded mini.

Thanks OP.
>>
>>
I feel like I've seen that bartender before...
>>
>>92667974
Peter didn't actually kill him though, Lord Marv did.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92661747
>5th Dimensional Imps

HYPERCRISIS

CONFIRMED
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92661844
First Duggan cameo in this book
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Can't wait for Zdarsky Spidey.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Support the official release.

And the answer to why the first song was chosen (though you might have guessed after you got to the twist of this issue) to play us out...

https://soundcloud.com/fiftytoo/white-house-ogre-you-asshole
>>
>>92661759
"Casa del" means "House of the"
>>
>>92668452
Like a classic Star-Lord story meets a spooky ghost western. Not a bad read at all.
>>
File: BucketBaboon.jpg (188KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
BucketBaboon.jpg
188KB, 453x604px
Not bad!
>>
That Starlord issue was pretty dang good. Thanks, storytime anon.
>>
>>92662555
Duggan hinted her in his latest AMA so most likely she'll pop up.
>>
>>92667973
JFC Chip be morer creative with your alien civilizations.
>>
I dont understand anything. Shouldnt this week be released number 4 featuring Gladiator and the Shi Ar? (I dont live in the USA)
>>
>>92667974
Adam holds no ill will for that, him and Peter talked about it in one of Starlin's comics and Adam was like "Nah it's cool, if I hated everyone who has killed me I wouldn't have friends"
>>
>>92668008
Pfft Peter didn't beat Annihilus, he just stood there while Phyla and Rich did all the work.
>>
>>92668452
This was good.
>>
>>92669161
That's Guardians of the Galaxy Mother Entrophy and yeah it's out, check the Win-O
>>
>>92669193
You're expecting too much from Marvel if you think they remember how Annihilation ended.
>>
>>92669193
>>92669983
He still chose to stick with Rich and see it through to the end when he coulda fucked off.
>>
>>92669171
except that talk didn't happen because of timey wimey shenanagins so quill might still be scared shitless of him.
>>
>>92669171
What's the reading order for Starlin's new books? I like that he's taken the Guardians user his wing.
>>
>>92661682
From what's on the Catalog I think this might be the only book I'm actually hype for this week.

Huh.

Ravager Jeff appearance when?
>>
>>92670040
Yeah but he didn't beat Annihilus.
>>
>>92661774
Well, of course Drax doesn't sing, he was the Sax Man.
Hard to sing and play the horn at the same time.
>>
File: WAIT A MINUTE.png (113KB, 586x240px) Image search: [Google]
WAIT A MINUTE.png
113KB, 586x240px
>>92661747
>Fifth-dimensional Imps
>"heh, nice touch"
>remember this isn't DC
>>
>>92671687
You mean the All-new Infinity Trilogy or new as in Mother Entropy.

Mother Entropy is just a standalone Guardians mini. You can go ahead and read it without a reading order. The reading order for the All-new Infinity Trilogy is:
>Thanos Annual (one-shot)
>Thanos: Infinity Revelation (graphic novel)
>Thanos vs. Hulk (mini)
>Thanos: Infinity Relativity (graphic novel)
>Infinity Entity (mini)
>Thanos: Infinity Finale (graphic novel)

The OGNs are the "Trilogy." The one-shot and two minis are just bridging the gaps between them. Kinda need to read them all to get the full picture though.
>>
>>92673953
Yeah I meant all his recent stuff. Much obliged anon.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.