[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garth Ennis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: DTCM.jpg (1MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
DTCM.jpg
1MB, 1987x3056px
In all seriousness, what is wrong with Garth Ennis?
>>
>>92658982
I dunno, somebody storytime Rover Red Charlie?
>>
>>92658982
>>92658982
what is this?
>>
>>92659023
Red Team: Double Tap, Center Mass. The first Red Team was actually good.
>>
>>92658982
he's a meme writer favored by reddit
>>
>>92658982

He's Irish. or cuck-Irish from northern ireland.
>>
>>92658982
He's a whinging cunt
>>
>>92658982
What on Earth do you mean, OP?
>>
>>92658982
>sister gets hooked on drugs, gangbanged and then having a video of shown to you

Honestly I don't see how Ennis expects me to side against Eric
>>
>>92660572
'Cause he's a cunt, mate.
>>
>>92658982
He has issues.

His work is pretty overrated.
>>
>>92658982
>Garth Anus
>>
>>92658982
His name rhymes with Penis
>>
>>92658982
That page makes me want to kill all niggers
>>
>>92662496
Why?
>>
>>92662747
Some cuck memes are real
>>
>>92658982

He offers something different? Honestly, it's nice to have a bit of edgy stuff and down and dirty sexual fun in some of my comics. Sure, I don't want it in everything, but with Ennis I can go into a comic with expectations of blood and gore and tits and fucked up sex.

I mean, really, does any read Fishrape the Graphic Novel for it's story? Didn't think so.

I love my comics, but now I'm older, I like to combine my comics with sleeze. And I can't afford to pay a hooker to dress as Batgirl every month. So Ennis books will have to do.
>>
>>92658982
he forgot how to write after 2014

everything he's done since has been one of the worst comics ever like worse than the unfunnies level bad

only hope left for him is the platoon and only because he wrote that in like 2013
>>
He's a comic book writer who hate superheroes and thinks comics should be about gore, sex, swearing, and cynicism.
>>
>>92663802
>Hating Section 8
>>
>>92663461
How, uh, how much does she charge?
>>
>>92658982
He likes women. Lad is fucked up.
>>
File: that_frank_when.png (48KB, 705x766px) Image search: [Google]
that_frank_when.png
48KB, 705x766px
>>92663802
>implying Sixpack and Dogwelder wasn't top tier
I will fucking end you.
>>
>>92658982
Steve Dillon is still dead
>>
>>92659883
Should be on his wikipedia page desu
>>
>>92658982
"War Stories" is really good -- the man is willing to read a history boo and knows his stuff. But once he gets away from that, he's full of shit and I wouldn't read his work on a bet. Yeah, it's weird.
>>
>>92663461
>I cant afford to pay a hooker to dress as Batgirl every month

Your missing out desu
>>
>>92663858
But he likes Superman.
>>
>>92663461
>Fishrape the Graphic Novel
That was by Moore
>>
Reading a Garth Ennis comic is goes like this
>Haha, this guy welds dead dogs to people's faces.
>Oh no why am I crying over a guy who welds dead dogs to people's faces?
Only one not like that is My War Gone by which is just all misery and one of the best stories I ever read.
>>
>>92658982
Ennis is good when he wants to be
>>
>>92658982
His entire body of work is one long confession that he was diddled by a preist as a child.
As such he blames everything wrong with his life on forces outside his control, namely authority figures. His comics are just revenge fantasy.
>>
>>92662451
Most sound logic in the thread.
>>
>>92667249
>My War Gone
was it really good?
I know Punisher MAX is great but I have heard pretty discouraging things about Fury's line
>>
>>92658982
He is a good writer, but he pretty much ended with The Boys and My War Gone By. Section 8 was hilarious, but he's been been laughing at capes since forever so it's not like he covered any new territory.

For better or worse, he's a two-trick pony and even in the area he's great at, he's made a whole bunch of stinkers you probably couldn't even torrent because they're that bad.

Obviously, his biggest flaw is he can't stop himself from paranoid ranting about one of his pet subjects (Christianity, military-industrial complex, capeshits) and edginess upped to Millar-levels even if it's to the detriment of the story.
>>
>>92667328
You too? Whenever he goes after religion in his work, I get the feeling that someone wronged him. Not even Warren Ellis writes with that much vitriol.
>>
File: jyXyoi8.jpg (101KB, 705x1096px) Image search: [Google]
jyXyoi8.jpg
101KB, 705x1096px
Preacher is probably my favorite work by him
>>
>>92667564
The first Fury MAX book is the bad one, the second is good.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.