[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We pitch elseworld/What if stories >What if Baby superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 36

File: image.jpg (38KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 236x354px
ITT: We pitch elseworld/What if stories

>What if Baby superman was found by the Luthor family?
>>
>>92658626
Well? What if he was?
>>
>>92658626
>ONCE I CALLED YOU BROTHER
>ONCE I THOUGHT THE CHANCE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH
>WAS ALL I EVER WANTED
>AND EVEN NOW I WISH THAT GOD HAD CHOSE ANOTHER
>SERVING AS YOUR FOE ON HIS BEHALF
>IS THE LAST THING THAT I WANTED
>>
>>92658626
What if super man looked like an actual alien always wanted to know how the dc universe would react to this
>>
>>92658626
What if Earth was destroyed before Krypton and Superman landed on some other planet and all of DC's Earth based heroes are dead.
>>
>>92658626
>What if Steve Trevor washed up onto Kahndaq?

>What if Oliver Queen found the Blue Scarab?

>What if The Red Hood fell into the chemicals that gave Plastic Man his powers?
>>
what if Robin did actually lay an egg containing his offspring?
>>
Justice League/DC Universe set in a high school

inb4 Chadseid
>>
What if Grant Morrison is actually Lex Luthor but without Superman he just became a Scottish comic book writer?
>>
>>92658716
>Egypt prince intensifies
>>
>>92658626
what if the superman's ship had landed on Themyscira?
>>
>>92660195
He would be insta-killed?
>>
>>92658739
Not much, presumably. People aren't super scared of J'onn most of the time so I don't think I'd be much worse than that.
>>
File: Clark_Luthor_Smallville.jpg (252KB, 967x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Clark_Luthor_Smallville.jpg
252KB, 967x1450px
>>92658626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xueBMyz6ccY
It was done is Smallville actually. He had an intense sibling rivalry with Lex which culminated in Clark killing him, and ended up becoming their father's enforcer, helping him to take over Metropolis, which essentially became like Gotham. He also fucked his sister.
>>
>>92658626
Esau and Jacob. Moses and Ramses. Cain, Abel.
>>
>>92658626

What would happen to the DC Earth if it wasn't worried about remaining relatable?
>>
What if Batman didn't have the power of plot on his side every time?
>>
>>92658626
What if accidentally killing a kid and his parents during a what was supposed to be a quick and easy mugging sent ex-criminal Joe Chill on a redemption quest to stop crime in Gotham as a masked vigilante
>>
>>92660443
So basically even if all the Waynes die, there's still a Batman
>>
>>92658626
Billy Batson gets adopted by Bruce and becomes Robin.

Frank Castle, through a bunch of mishaps, is the Sentry
>>
>>92658767
This reminded me that I had a idea where Superman was recovered by the Green Lanterns and raised by the Guardians
>>
>>92660295
People aren't scared of the man hunter because the form he takes closely resembles humans
>>
>>92658626
>what if Batman was the bad guy
>no, i dont mean his plans to beat everyone got compromised and now he's trying to make everything right
>i mean really the bad guy
>>
>>92661208
A green, two meter tall human with glowing red eyes and no shirt.
>>
>>92658626
Daredevil as a swashbuckling masked hero and Catholic in 16th century France protecting the Huguenots during the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre
>>
>>92661324
didn't Marvel have a few stories set in other centuries? (1492 and 1602 iirc)
>>
File: Martian not Martin.jpg (350KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Martian not Martin.jpg
350KB, 900x1384px
>>92661302
Which is a lot less frightening then his true form
>>
>>92661507
But still pretty frightening to the average human, in particular since he still has more superhuman powers than Superman himself.
>>
>>92661503
Yeah but this setting in particular allows Matt to deal with his spiritual/religious struggles while also being a lusty, thrill-seeking hero of the people.
>>
>>92661507
I think it weird that j'onn is a shape shifter
And can be what ever he wants to be but still choose to be a green alien
>>

This was already a thing I'm pretty sure, but I can't find it on Google. Clark and Lex grow up as brothers until Lex finds out that Clark is Superman then kills him.
>>
>>92658626

What if Supergirl and baby Superman landed on Earth at the same time, so she could take care of him like their parents intended?
>>
>>92658626
Was there ever a comic where Batman joined a Lantern Corps? I want that. I've always wanted to see him as a red or yellow lantern.
>>
>>92660228
Azz Amazons would first rape the baby then send him to slavery
>>
>>92662119
I think it was the blackest night or brightest day crossover he be came a white lantern or something
>>
>>92662119
He was a yellow lantern briefly but then he dismissed the ring
>>
File: Batman_In_Darkest_Knight.jpg (50KB, 300x461px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_In_Darkest_Knight.jpg
50KB, 300x461px
>>92662119
Yes actually. It was pretty good.
>>
>>92662119
Yes, but he was one of the green Lanterns in that Story.
>>
What if Dream never escaped from the ritual circle he was trapped in in Sandman #1?
>>
File: 1494743180616.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494743180616.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>92662173
>>92662222
Guess I've got some reading to do.
>>
>>92662255
Shit I meant yellow
>>
>>92662119
He used a Yellow ring once and I think he would be a decent candidate for a Red ring, though someone like Jason would be a better fit.
>>
>>92662222
Yeah, that was great. Also pretty cool to see Bill Finger get some love.
>>
>What if Charles Xavier was paralyzed from the waist up instead of the waist down?

>What if Black Bolt had Tourettes Syndrome?
>>
>>92658626
What if the Silver Age Marvel Universe happened in 1960's Las Vegas instead of 1960's New York?
>>
>>92658626
What if Wonder Woman was a teenager?

What if Superman couldn't fly nor control heat vision?

What if Batman died instead of Jason? - I wanna see more of that elseworld were Jason became Batman and date Female Captain Atom
>>
>>92663713
>What if Superman couldn't fly nor control heat vision?

Justice League 3000
>>
>>92663425

>What if black boots had tourrettes?
Then all would be lost anon. All. Would. Be. Lost.

Including my sides when I watch him try to hold that shit back, and then my inevitable death would come.
>>
>>92663747
>Justice League 3000
is it worthy of a read?
>>
>>92663785
Boots. Fuck me. Fuck autocorrect.
REEEE - I meant Bolt
>>
>>92663787
Eh. It's got Gal Gardner and it's kinda fun in places so I guess.
>>
What if Lois and Clark adopted Billy Batson?
>>
>>92659631
Superman as Moses, now there's an Elseworld!
>>
>>92663787
The first part of JL3k is amazing, it turns to shit at a certain point though.
>>
No, you have to have Bruce adopt him. BATson afterall.
>>
>>92658626
What is baby Superman was found by the Bueno family?
>>
One Nation Under Bat
>What if Bruce Wayne went public with Batman and also became president?

Age of Apokalips
>Darkseid gets the anti-life equation and conquers the universe a long time ago. How are certain heroes reimagined? Kryptonian enforcers, Governor Wayne of Earth secretly leading an underground resistance, Lantern Corps are doing something I guess.
>>
File: 2-1363922868.jpg (205KB, 1086x829px) Image search: [Google]
2-1363922868.jpg
205KB, 1086x829px
>late '20s early '30s london
>wondie immigrated to london after the collapse of the ottoman empire from her hidden Aegean island of warrior women and works as a dominatrix during the day and moonlights as a costumed vigilante
>her lover ww1 ace steve trevor finds a mysterious book at a Bazaar while stationed in bagdad that drives people mad
>trevor frustrated by nightmarish visions he's been having goes to a palm reader who is actually the exiled amazonian sorceress Circe and a high priestess of a doomsday cult called the bana
>after witnessing the horrors of ww1 and ensuing wars around the world more and more amazons join the bana because men are too dangerous and have to be stopped
>circe kidnaps trevor, steals the book and intends to use the book and sacrifice trevor to summon the goddess of war and sex and old one ishtar and bring forth a world where women rule over men
>wondie has to battle unspeakable horrors to rescue her lover and stop circe from unwittingly being the vessel of an old one and exterminating mankind because she's an idiot and her plan is stupid.
>hijinks ensue
artwork done by mignola
>>
>>92658626
>Jacob and Esau analogy intensifies
>>
>>92658626
What if Supergirl raised Kal-El instead of the Kents?
>>
File: 3231337-s3angry.jpg (29KB, 430x383px) Image search: [Google]
3231337-s3angry.jpg
29KB, 430x383px
>>92658716
I'LL
SEND
MY
SCOURGE

I'LL
SEND
MY
SWORD
>>
File: Action_Comics_332.jpg (74KB, 400x578px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_332.jpg
74KB, 400x578px
>>92664557
This seems pretty close
>>
I call it simply "Hawkman: The Green Lantern"

Basic synopsis : p.1

It centers around the thanagarian police officer Katar Hol, on his first trip to Earth in search of the criminal Byth. Hot on his trail, he and his wife Shayera Thal are separated when Byths ship collides with an unknown vessel that is in Earth's orbit. The explosion sending all parties crashing to Earth. Byth, Katar, Shayera, and the pilot of the unknown vessel (Abin Sur!)

Katar is thrown in the same trajectory as Abin and the both land in the Nevada desert (Also inadvertently striking down a test plane with it's pilot Hal Jordan killing him instantly in their descent). Katar is confused. The crash has caused some trauma to his memories. All he remembers is being a police officer, his mission to find Byth, his broad stroke memories of Thanagar, and that he needs to find his wife but her name and face are also even murky to him. He is also missing his Mace.

The ring deems Katar a worthy replacement and Abin Sur with his dying breath gives him the ring, lantern and explains that he is now the protector of this space sector. Katar accepts and then burns Abins body so as not to have Earthlings discover it. He buries Hal, and takes his flight jacket and pants. He only finds the bottom of one his dog tags. Just the part that says "Hal". Noting that and taking whatever supplies he can and makes his way towards civilization.
>>
>L.E.G.I.O.N. of the 31st century
The Brainiac family manage to keep L.E.G.I.O.N. alive as their family company and over time it becomes one of the most influential powers in the known universe.

Brainiac 4, the female reboot version, is leading the company in the 31st century while training Querl to become her successor one day. She has emotions and stuff and is a hard but smart and charismatic leader.

The UP is more volatile and fragile than usually since many worlds have been protected by L.E.G.I.O.N. for a millenia and see no reason to join a federation. There's a lot of conflict between the two forces, though it's not a war. Not yet, at least.

Brande has tried to form a superhero team with members from the few worlds that are members of the UP as to show other worlds why a union is important and useful, but it's not really working out and they rarely do anything noteworthy.

Then bad shit happens and people from all factions have to work together to stop it.
>>
>>92658626

MY idea revolves around GL/GA

Old man Ollie is the only one who can stop Pres. Jordan from enslaving Earth
>>
>>92664710

Cont.

He tests the ring and familiarizes himself with it a bit. When he arrives in the nearest town and needs a name he thinks of the pilot Hal, and thinks of a more earthly version of his own name and combines them, stating he is 'Hal Carter'. Meanwhile across the state at Ferris air base they've had an unexpected guest, Shayera who crashed just nearby. She's discovered by Carol Ferris who's been outside the base watching for the return of the missing Hal Jordan. She helps to hide Shayera and promises to help her find Katar if she helps her find out what happened to Hal since she is a police officer in her own regard. Shayera has no memory issues. Carol plays her off to her fellows as her cousin who has visited as an advisor, and has her go by Kiera Ferris. Kiera is in possession of Katars Mace also (which will come into play in restoring Katars memories, Nth metal and all that)

My idea for this is to be an ongoing series with the first arc handling the events I've described, as well as detailing: Katar learning to be a lantern to track down Byth, and honor the sacrifices of Abin and Jordan, and be even more of a bringer of justice than before. Reuniting with Shayera, and diffusing the anger of Carol at the revelation of Jordans fate. Establishing Katar and Shayeras new status quo as their decision to remain as sector 2814's protectors, and settling into their new identities as Hal Carter, and Kiera Ferris. An engaged Archaeologist/astrophysicist power couple with help from the funds of Ferris. I would want this arc to take time too. At least like 5 issues minimum. And then it can go into arcs where Hal Carter perfects his use of the Ring more, learning to channel his will more efficiently after the Guardians pull him to Oa. Also showing the new rise of Sinestro due to Jordan not opposing him from the beginning. Also arcs where he makes himself known to the forming Justice League. I think there's a lot of potential for material here. Thoughts?
>>
>>92661280
We already had that story butthurt faggot.
>>
>>92660195
>>92660228
Even as a baby he would be stronger than the Amazons. RIP feminism!
>>
>>92660440
Very likely is kill
>>
>>92658626
>What if Superman lived in the Marvel Universe instead of the DC Universe?

>What if Spider-Man lived in the DC Universe instead of the Marvel Universe?
>>
What if Krypton was just Earth from a distant future?
>>
>amazons are a group of scythians living in the northern black sea
>they're discovered by downed soviet pilot slavovic slavoslav
>the soviets communist ideals appeal to the amazons and wonder women fights for the soviets to spread international communism
>>
What if writing DC and Marvel characters wasn't a Sisyphean task fraught with so many logic and consistency problems and so much thematic fatigue
>>
>>92658767
Does Superboy's Legion count? Earth is still around, but all of the usual present-day DC heroes died in the past due to Luthor because Kal-El's rocket was stuck in an asteroid for 3000 or so years instead of getting to Earth.
>>
>>92665374
red son ended like this, didn't it?
>>
>>92664892
Doesn't it take a while for him to absorb the sunlight?
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 443x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 443x543px
Parker still being a genius but also disillusioned asshole who grows tired of humanity every day.

Ben was his best friend and humanity keeper,he gets killed and Parker goes anti-hero, killing criminals and cleaning the streets.
>>
>>92664244
Dick Grayson Robin is murdered by the Joker. Unable to cover up the death of a teenager, Bruce is forced to come forward with the truth. Due to the things Batman has done, as well as Wayne Industries, the public almost fully embraces and supports this, making him the most popular public figure. Troubled by the loss of Grayson, though, Bruce begins to work to make crime fighting less hazardous. Invents Brother Eye. A Wayne/Luthor presidential nominee sweeps and the two are overwhelmingly voted into the office. Brother Eye and the OMAC drones are unveiled. Crimes are down 99% across the US. But it begins to seem, more and more each day, to be slipping into a dark police state. Jason Todd leads the Batmen, the brutally efficient but still nonlethal secret police force.
All the while a mercenary/assassin has popped up in the international world, eliminating despots quietly leaving destabilized nations everywhere. Now there are reports that this "Deathstroke" may have come into the US.
Deathstroke is Dick who has been Red Hooded, but with none of the animosity towards Bruce that Hood holds.[\spoiler]
>>
What if Lex Luthor was the Green Lantern
>>
>>92667721
Luthor does not have the willpower for that. He could do orange or maybe yellow but not green.
>>
>>92667847
he loses to Superman all the time but never gives up
the man has a lot of willpower
>>
>>92667862
He's headstrong and hates Superman but that does not equal an abnormal amount of willpower
>>
>>92667862
The man is addicted to fighting Superman. If he had the willpower to focus on something else he could actually accomplish some good. Superman is Lex's heroin. He can't put down the needle.
>>
>>92658626
Oh god, I've got a ton of these

>Steve Trevor dies before he gets to Diana. Her story is now entirely about restoring his remains and absolute pacifism.

>Jor-El doesn't send his son to earth, instead, he sends a Voyager-2 type probe, containing all of Krypton's history, culture, technology, and genetic makeup. Clark Kent is the Kents' biological son, and also patient zero of a virus containing Kryptonian DNA that results in a "Disease" with symptoms that can include flight, super strength, and heat vision, and it manifests in times of extreme stress. Also, the virus is contagious, so literally anyone can be "superman" at any time, not just Clark himself.

>"Batman" is actually a team of highly trained professionals who give the illusion of being one hyper-competent man that can be everywhere at once. Think circ du soleil if they decided to fight crime.
>>
>>92668017
I mean, it worked pretty well for Guy. His entire shtick Post-Crisis was showing the rest of the Corps he was better than them until Hal beat his ass and took his ring.
>>
>>92668473
Guy has a bunch of willpower and is a headstrong asshole. That ain't Lexi
>>
>>92668540
You'd honestly be unable to tell the difference from Guy's initial introduction post-coma brain damage. He only got the ring because a bunch of renegade Guardians thought they knew best and wanted someone to gather villains to kill the Anti-Monitor.
>>
>>92658626
>what if Bruce was adopted by the Kents to be a brother for their young Clark, when their old friend Alfred had to go do secret english SIS things
>>
>>92658767
What if Earth exploded and young Buce and Lex ended on Krypton
>>
>>92660195
He would either be sent of to parents in mansworld they judged worthy or raised as a woman
>>
>>92667421
Yes. The story is a closed time loop
>>
>>92667421
Yeah, and Superman is a descendent of Lex Luthor.
>>
>>92658626

Regular Dc Universe but complete lack of Superman. Lex Luthor is now Earth's greatest hero as he no longer needs to push himself to show that humanity is better than the alien. He's now solely interested in the advancement of his species.
>>
>>92658626
Smallville had an episode like that. There's a parallel universe where Lionel Luthor raised Clark and he became Ultraman.
>>
>>92662034
I've always wanted something like this.
I'd imaginr he'd grow up wary of humans because Kara wouldn't trust them.
>>
File: legends.jpg (188KB, 1122x800px) Image search: [Google]
legends.jpg
188KB, 1122x800px
I'd like to make a trilogy of Elseworlds, like the German Expressionism trilogy. I'd call it "Legends".
>Superman is literally the perfect human being, created a million years from now and sent to guide humanity to a better future as to stop a intergalactic war that destroyed his home timeline. He's friendly and compassionate, but hides behind a mask because his true appearance could create controversy
>The Bat-Man is a living shadow summoned by the last of the Miagani tribe hundreds of years ago to protect Gotham, a city that is also secretely a seal warding off an entrance to Hell itself
>Wonder Woman is a literal golem, a creature infused with the souls of the Amazons, a now extinct culture of peace and understanding. She was sent to Man's World to spread a message of peace and battle the monsters that destroyed her home island

I'd also be interested in a series of in-universe comics about the different DC superheroes and how regular people see them and think their origins and secret identities are like, much like Marvels Comics.
>>
What if Deathstroke became a Green Lantern?
>>
what if superman was zods son, womnder woman was a new god, and batman was a vampire. wouldnt that be something?
>>
>>92660195
>Hippolyta prays to the gods for a child
>Kal-El's ship crash lands on the beach
>Has to leave the Themyscira when he comes of age because of Aphrodite's law.
>>
What if baby Superman was found by and raised as the son of Ra's Al Ghul?
>>
>>92658626
Guys! Guys! What if, hear me out here. This is gonna blow your mind. What if, what if Superman was evil and Batman is the on who stops him!?
>>
>>92669629
I like those concepts. Those are pretty cool.
>>
>>92670318
This could be pretty good desu
Very original anon.
>>
>>92670364
Thanks, man. I thought very hard about it.
>>
>>92660195
Realistically, they'd send him out. They would have to find a warrior willing to go to "mans world" and maybe either sneak him into a family's house, an orphanage, or whatever. The kicker would be that it's WW2 and this shit is hard, so eventually the Amazon who tries to give Clark a home raises it herself at the cost of never returning to her sisters.

God that would be a great mini-series.
>>
>>92664852
I like it.
>>
>>92669975
Bruce Timm pls go you're drunk again
>>
>>92658626
>>92660195
>>92660677
>>92664557
>>92665168
>>92670294
These "what if Superman were found by X?" stories are so trite.
>>
>>92670443
What if Lex Luthor was found on Krypton, bitch?
>>
What if The Joker decided to prank Plas instead of Supes with that nuke
>>
>Blackhawk
When a malfunction causes Ferris Air's new experimental jet to crash, the worst is presumed about the fate of its test pilot, Harold “Hal” Jordan. The explosion did not kill Hal Jordan, instead it sent him through time into the middle of World War II, where he would join the legendary squad of pilots known as the Blackhawk Squadron.

I have this much more fleshed out in a document.
>>
What if Oliver landed on lesbian island
>>
>>92659538
>>
>>92660195
>all these replies
>not one person thinks of raised as a woman superboi

I expected better from /co/
>>
File: worldsgreatestdetective.jpg (127KB, 796x1004px) Image search: [Google]
worldsgreatestdetective.jpg
127KB, 796x1004px
>BATMAN: World's Greatest Detective
This is a vision of the Batman as a masked detective who uses his deductive reasoning and forensic science to solve crimes rather than using future tech or his fists. His adventures more like the cases of literary detectives while his rogues fit the mold of actual criminals with motives and goals.

I'd imagine that the series would start with Batman having proved a vital part of case against Carmine Falcone. He'd have some leeway with GCPD and the first case we'd see him solve would involve someone like Mister Zsasz (less edge and more Bundy), the transition from standard criminals to the villains that will define him.
>>
>Mantles
An idea I've been daydreaming about for years. The current status quo(then, so N52) exists in the 1980's. On the night of February 6, 1986, for reasons unknown by anyone, the Cold War goes hot. Nuclear holocaust engulfs much of the world. The world's heroes do what they can to minimize damage, many dying in the process. Superman and Flash are gone, the Lanterns and Wonder Woman dead, Batman vanishing into the depths of Arkham the night the bombs fell, and Martian Manhunter is alone in the JLA moonbase slowly going mad. All those specialized meta human prisons work equally well as protection, saving many. Lex teams with Batman(Dick Grayson taking up the mantle after Bruce's disappearance) and together they build the shining jewel of the new America, a gleaming utopia spreading from Gotham to Metropolis, Megatropolis.
Twenty years later, Oliver Queen and his sons(one actual son with Dinah, and the boy he's raised since helping deliver in a Star City hospital as the bombs fell) are attacked by Solomon Grundy as they hunt in the savage wastelands to help feed the community Ollie leads, far from the interference of the police state of Megatropolis. Ollie is killed, the adopted son finds a half-buried damaged power ring(randomly determined to have been Baz's) and rockets into Grundy, the two zooming off to nearly the coast. Around the same time, a young scavenger accidentally triggers an underplayed nuke and only survives by the sheer happenstance of being chosen to be the new custodian of the Speed Force.
>>
>>92659582
What if grant Morrison were actually talented?
>>
>>92671359
Cont'd
These two meet shortly after these origins and just in time to see a woman flying through the air from over the ocean, smoke trailing from all around her. She is the Amazons' first attempt since the nuclear war to connect again with Man's world, a new emissary princess. The new Lantern and Speedster manage to pull her unconscious form from the wreckage of her invisible plane and she regains consciousness in their makeshift camp. The three journey to Megatropolis and are immediately accosted by the top tier meta human response team the Justiciars(a young punk rock girl Captain Marvel, a Thanagarian, and Nightwing) and apprehended. Locked up they find that also being kept prisoner is the Prince of Atlantis. The four find their cells opened in the middle of the night and no guards present. They are spoken to by Batman over the PA system and told to leave. Luthor had changed recently which is what has led to the current police state. The group is pursued by Bat police and the Justiciars, but Nightwing is told to stop pursuing them and to help them. Nightwing is actually a clone made with Superman and Lex's dna and raised as Grayson's son. Grayson is killed by Damian who replaces him as Batman because despite his precautions Lex still had his comms to the heroes tapped. The five heroes; Lantern, Speedster, Amazon, Atlantean Prince, and Nightwing; are on the run from bat drones and Justiciars in the wasteland. And all the while far to the west Candal Savage is gathering all the supervillain warlords and their clans under one banner with his eyes set on Megatropolis.
>>
>>92670341
Thanks, anon. I actually came up with them at the last minute haha, not sure where I'd take their stories yet
>>
>>92670443
I admit that it's played out. But it's not as bad as "what if Superman was EEEEVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLLL"
>>
>>92670201
See, now this is an interesting take on the whole thing. Hell, the story can focus less on Kal-El and more on Hippolyta and how she learns to deal with Man's World. And maybe Diana is raised by another amazon if she even shows up at all.
>>
>What if Superman accidentally destroyed Metropolis?
What if Lex Luthor was Superman's friend?
>What if Harley Quinn Joined Batman?
>What if Hal Jordan Joined the Sinestro Corps?
>>
File: Enter_the_admirals.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Enter_the_admirals.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I've always wanted to read an Elseworlds where Jor-El convinces everyone to get off Krypton and it's all about the Kryptonians in a giant space fleet flying around and interacting with other races, and it starts Jor-El and teenage Kal-El. And in the end they have a fight with Lex Luthor's fleet.
>>
>>92658626
I wanna see somebody do a universe where they combine every single "bad future" for the Marvel Universe. Like Days of Future Past, Future Imperfect, Age of Apocalypse, Planet X, Age of Ultron, Thor the Reigning, bits of Old Man Logan and Earth X. Like a gigantic clusterfuck where the planet has become this irradiated, Terrigen Mist covered mess, that's being fought over between Sentinels led by a Ultron assimilated Master Mold, armies of Mutant clones led by a Sublime possesed Beast, a full Apocalypse Dark Angel and his new Horsemen, the remains of a Red Skull led United States, and an army of Hulk/Asgardian/Atlantian Hybrids led by a Hulk that's gone full Warrior King. Could be alot of fun in a 40k sort of way.
>>
GUYS WHAT IF SUPERMAN WAS AN AZTEC
GUYS WHAT IF BATMAN WAS CHINESE
GUYS WHAT IF WONDER WOMAN WAS EGYPTIAN
GUYS WHAT IF GREEN LANTERN WAS A ROMAN LEGIONNAIRE
GUYS WHAT IF FLASH WAS NATIVE AMERICAN
GUYS WHAT IF AQUAMAN WAS THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON

Elseworlds are shite.
>>
>>92660195
>Super trap
>>
>>92674041
But who would be your heroes?
>>
>>92661678
I thought it had something to do with the green form being easier to maintain for long periods of time than a fully human form would be
>>
>>92661507
I thought he didn't technically have a "true form" or if he did, it was basically a featureless blob of green protoplasm. He looks basically humanoid because he wants to look that way, and he wants to because while in a human-friendly environment, form follows function.
>>
>>92661208

Also he has a secret identity that looks like a human due to shapeshifting powers.What if Kryptonians looked like alien monsters but with no shapeshifting?
>>
>>92676564
Martians have generally been shown as having a true form. Though the exact design has never been very consistent over the years, it's usually a humanoid with an oblong head. White Martians have consistently been shown to have a true form resembling that of the Greens, but more predatory looking.

Exactly how or why they evolved to have a set true form along with a supernatural level of shapeshifting isn't explained, but that's comic books for you. My best crack at speculating is that a lot of Martian superpowers were genetically engineered into them some time in the distant past, and that their true form is what they looked like prior to that event.
>>
>Superman doesn't get his powers until his late 40's
>He's lived a normal life getting married and raising a family.
>The day his last kid leaves the house, he accidentally leaps a tall building.
>>
>>92676564
You're thinking of Durlans. They use the cloak+tentacles appearance a lot but iirc that was apparently adopted somewhere along the line and they have forgotten their true appearance.
>>
>>92664852
>>92664710
I kinda like the premise but Hal dying by accident is a bummer
>>
>>92674041

What I'd like to see is a slight variation on this idea. The superheroes fail to stop a world-conquering madman. So when the next world-conquering madman shows up, instead of fighting the heroes he has to fight off the new superpowered King of Earth. And it just keeps going in that fashion
>>
>>92658626
The plot would vary depending on if Lex was born before or after they find Clark.
>>
>>92658626
Lex smothers him in the crib.
>>
What if Supes landed on Themyscria, and was the first man seen by the Amazons instead of Steve
>>
>>92677407
Sacrificed to Mars
>>
>>92677433
Hippolyta was thirsty enough for a child that she would make up some excuse to keep him. Maybe just hide his gender from the others.
>>
File: justice authority.jpg (104KB, 576x261px) Image search: [Google]
justice authority.jpg
104KB, 576x261px
World's Edgiest

Takes place during the mid 90's. After Superman and Batman die (and I do mean DIE, like reduced to skeletons and everything) in a Justice League mission gone wrong, the Eradicator and Azrael step up as the successors of the mantle and must learn to work together to solve the stop the Omega Man, the being responsible for Superman and Batman's deaths. During the story other heroes fall to the Omega Man as well, such as Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern, so their mantle ends up in the hands of Artemis, Walter West and Guy Gardner, respectively (also, the then current Justice League America loses several members to OM as well, so they disband). At the end, after their final battle with the Omega Man, they decide to form a new team, not unlike the beginning of Morrison's JLA. They are the Justice Authority, and they're here to stay.
>>
>>92677999
>to solve the stop
TO STOP, even
>>
>>92658626
WHAT if Peter Parker became the Punisher?

Instead of becoming Spider Man Peter uses his intelligence to create guns and shit and fucks criminals up with them
>>
>>92675429
Depends on what direction you wanted to go, if you wanted to give hope to the world or make things exponentially worse? One idea I had was a reactivated Nick Fury LMD that has to "Assemble the Avengers" and that just sends it on this insane adventure. Another idea is a guy who may or may not be Doom mysteriously appears and starts fucking shit up in an attempt to establish some form of order. Although that falls into becoming Doomwank Story #69582 so you'd have to be careful how you did it. If you wanted to go really dark you could make it something like a 100 year old Punisher that's been mutated by the mysts that's trying to activate what's revealed to be Celestial beacon so they'll arrive and cleanse and "Punish" the planet. You could also go full Conan and make the main character a descendant of the Hulk.

>>92677345
Totally, I sorta see it as being a 30-car pile-up version of that.
>>
Kal-El gets adopted by the Waynes after he lands in their backyard. He then gets chosen by the Rock of Eternity and given the powers of Shazam. He also gets struck by lightning while bathed in Speed Force juice. Plus he wears a Green Lantern ring and can use the Firestorm matrix. But all he does is sit around Wayne manor and shit post on Laotian shoe manufacturing boards
>>
File: EJ0.jpg (99KB, 300x471px) Image search: [Google]
EJ0.jpg
99KB, 300x471px
>>92677999
Not enough EXTREME!
>>
>>92658626
A variation on the whole Monster Justice League idea. Ya know, Vampire Batman, Frankenstein's Monster Superman, Golem Wonder Woman, Dr. Allen and Mr. Flash, Phantom Space Man GL, Gilman Aquaman, and a Mummy Hawkman. All that jazz, however the heroes of the world are actually a group of Monster Hunter's brought together by Lex Luthor known as the Legion of the Doomed. Archeologist Barbara Ann Minerva, Eastern Mystic Baron Sinestro, Cryptologist Edward Nigma, Southern Strongman Cyrus Gold, Warhero and Cyrogenics expert Captain Lenny Snart, and a Mysterious Black Suited Mariner.
>>
>>92678842
Well, I was going more for early aught's edge rather than 90's edge, hence "Justice Authority"

Justice League Elite is another good one, especially since it
>>
What if Power Girl had moderately sized breasts?
>>
>>92678945
She dies in the latest summer event.
>>
Didn't that already happen in the comic where Lex's plan was to be Jor-El and then make Superman grow up to be Superman and then tell him he was his father so he couldn't hurt him?
>>
>>92678971
That sounds exactly something that Silver Age Lex would fucking do.
>>
>>92678971

Yeah, Silver Age fuckery.
>>
>>92678971
>>92679039
>>92679040
I need images of this.
>>
File: All-NewLB5.jpg (167KB, 680x596px) Image search: [Google]
All-NewLB5.jpg
167KB, 680x596px
>>92679039
>>92679040
Speaking of SA Lex, remember Lexor? Now that's an idea for an Elseworlds, what if Lexor hadn't been destroyed? Maybe Luthor would eventually build an intergalactic empire and get into scuffles with the likes of Brainiac and Mongul's Warworld.
>>
>>92678971
>>92679040
>"That's right alien! I FUCKED YOUR MOM."
>>
>>92671921
>>92671359
Wait, Luthor is good?
>>
>>92679213
But wasn't the whole point of Lexxor was it was a Utopia and that Lex was going to fuck it up anyway?
>>
File: Lex Luthor is a genius.jpg (636KB, 1851x2676px) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor is a genius.jpg
636KB, 1851x2676px
>>92679203
Here you go.
He didn't succeed unfortunately, but it still ended up as a different Earth
>>
>>92679298
Well, he fucked it up because he couldn't let go of his hateboner for Superman. But what if we remove Superman from the equation? What if in this story Lex has a genuine change of heart and decides to let go of his hatred of Superman and dedicates himself full time to Lexor? A bit out of character? Yes, but not more so than Injustice.
>>
File: dcgame-2010-12-24-17-33-41-01.jpg (150KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dcgame-2010-12-24-17-33-41-01.jpg
150KB, 1920x1200px
>>92679659
Anyway, the way I see it, Lex eventually turns Lexor into the first galactic empire, the Luthor Empire, and crowns himself as Luthor Rex. Despite his shady past, Luthor is actually a benevolent ruler at first, and many planets join his Empire willingly. He battles Warworld and the Spider Guild and vanquishes them, ventures into the Vega system and conquers it, and even manages to drive back Brainiac.

Eventually, he returns to Earth, looking to annex our world into his Empire, but the years have changed Luthor back into his more criminal persona, as he has done everything in his power to become the most influential man in the universe. Political assassinations, cullings disguised as unfortunate accidents, gentryfication of entire cultures, you name it, so Superman isn't happy about Lex returning, especially after Green Lantern, who acts as an informant to both the Guardians and the League, informs him of what has been going on inside of Luthor's Empire.

So Clark starts a resistance against Luthor, culminating in a catastrophic final battle that ends with the destruction of Lexor, with its ruins raining all over Earth and causing enormous destruction. At the end, Lex manages to kill Superman amongst the ruins of Earth... but that's when Brainiac arrives...
>>
>>92679659
Well, there was apparently a period where Lex stayed on Lexor and just kept coming back to mess with Superman. During the issue where he destroyed the planet, he even had a kid.
>>
I have an "Elseworlds"/re-imagining line in mind. I think their “New 52” reboot, aimed at gaining new readers, is terribly ineffective, so I will attempt to present DC’s top characters in a way that achieves the basic goals that a reboot should:

>Make the characters appealing to new readers, not just old ones
>Create new story opportunities while staying true to the core themes
>Update, correct and redesign where necessary

With these goals in mind, here’s my take. I’ve written out each character’s “reboot” in detail, including my justification for the changes.
>>
File: superman2.jpg (243KB, 630x800px) Image search: [Google]
superman2.jpg
243KB, 630x800px
>>92680031
Origin: The Kryptonian civilization once spanned hundreds of worlds, their technology and knowledge unrivaled in their corner of the galaxy. Kryptonians had long since advanced to a point where technology and biology were indistinguishable, making them virtually immortal and omnipotent in the eyes of less developed races. Over time they grew overconfident, and wished to introduce their technology to undeveloped worlds, in direct violation of the most important rule of the galactic community: the Omega Law.

In an attempt to assimilate the natives of the planet Mars, Krypton finally gained the attention of Colu, enforcer of the Omega Law, and was marked for extermination. A Kryptonian Scientist named Jor-El, specializing in passively and remotely observing nearby Earth, witnessed this and rapidly set a plan forward to save his infant son, Kal-El, from their fate. By sending him in a conventional rocket toward the backwater planet Earth, he guaranteed Kal-El’s safety from Colu. The rocket took over a thousand years to reach the planet, and upon reaching the surface, restructured Kal-El’s body so he would appear as a human.

Raised by simple farmers, Kal-El (now called Clark Kent) eventually learned of his heritage when examining a recorded message from his rocket. His father informed him of his fate, and that he must never dominate the planet with his immense power, as it would warp the fate of all life on Earth. Not content to passively observe humanity, though, Clark decides to inspire others through his actions as Superman.

Superman has declared that he fights for those who cannot defend themselves, owing no allegiance to a particular government (though still obeying their laws). He has particularly targeted corporate corruption and the military-industrial complex as enemies of human progress, his most prominent opponent being billionaire industrialist Lex Luther and his company, LexCorp.
>>
File: wonderwoman2.jpg (145KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
wonderwoman2.jpg
145KB, 405x800px
>>92680071
Origin: Since antiquity there had been a remote Mediterranean island, Themyscira, inhabited by near-mythical women, often called Amazons. They mastered many arts of combat, but also had a knowledge of mysterious crafts regarded by outsiders as “magic.” Over time their numbers dwindled, but they created a special keeper of their island, a living statue whom they named Diana. Over a thousand years later, long after the last of the Amazons had died out, Diana remained. Her vigil was finally interrupted by the plane crash of an American pilot, Steve Trevor. Taking pity on him and nursing him back to health, Diana decided that the “world of men” was too fragile and needed protecting, or at the very least investigating.

Powers: Diana is composed of nearly indestructible “living marble,” which gives her superhuman strength and durability. She also possesses a sword that contains the lightning of Zeus and a shield containing the wisdom of Athena (which, when using its reflection, can reveal a person’s inner self and compel them to tell the truth).

Notes: I wanted to push the mythological angle further, not just for story possibilities but because it can make her more unique from Superman. Too often is Wonder Woman defined by as “the female superhero” rather than anything especially unique about her. The novelty of a superhero being female may have been acceptable in the 1940s, but now it’s quaint at best. Presenting her as a literal living statue is actually not far from her regular origin (she was formed by the Queen of the Amazons out of clay and given life), and it also provides an added Pygmalion or Telos mythological angle, which I think suits her character to begin with.
>>
>>92679331
This is art
>>
File: cyborg.jpg (948KB, 1967x3889px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg.jpg
948KB, 1967x3889px
>>92680084
Origin: Born with a degenerative nervous system, Victor Stone nevertheless became a technological savant and eventually overcame his disability with cybernetics of his own design. Having always been obsessed with human enhancement, he instantly became enamored when news of a “Superman” circulated the world. In an attempt to win the favor of the newly formed Justice League, he proceeded to hack into their systems and even physically challenge them to prove his worth. Despite being ultimately defeated, Victor was accepted as a member and serves as their “IT guy.”

Powers: Cyborg possesses higher than average human strength, the ability to connect himself to and to control most computer systems, and a greatly enhanced intellect. He also possesses an impressive (though not always fully functioning) array of personal armaments.

Notes: Cyborg’s current origin (troubled teen who gets in an accident) seemed played out, so I went the technophile angle, which I think is more relevant. It also places a more positive light on Cyborg’s prostheses, as the original origin has a very antiquated “Darth Vader” vibe to it. Here I’ve basically based Cyborg off of Richard Ayoade’s character Moss from The IT Crowd, making him much geekier and emphasizing his intelligence over brute strength. When you’re on a superhero team with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman, having a gun hand isn’t your greatest attribute. With that in mind, my Cyborg is valued more for his technical skills and madcap ingenuity.
>>
File: martianmanhunter.jpg (119KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
martianmanhunter.jpg
119KB, 405x800px
>>92680110
Origin: Thousands of years ago, there existed a civilization of changelings who inhabited Mars. Unaware of greater galactic affairs, they were contacted by a Kryptonian ship wishing to advance them with their immense technology. This was in violation of the Omega Law, and both civilizations were immediately doomed to extermination. While this occurred, a single Martian was accidentally teleported to the present time, on Earth, by an experimental teleporter in LexCorp labs. Despite this unusual arrival, LexCorp did not believe him to be an alien but a mutated version of John Jones, the astronaut they were attempting to teleport to Mars. There the Martian was kept for several years before being rescued by Superman.

Inspired by Superman’s heroics, the Martian took on the name Manhunter and vowed to bring justice to Lex Luthor and others who abuse their power.

Powers: "John Jones,“ like all his kind, can change his physical form at will, though it takes some effort to keep any shape that isn’t his natural one. He is only limited by the amount of matter in his own body. Using this, he can alter his density to become lighter than air, turn invisible and even "phase” through solid matter.

Notes: I removed most of the Martian Manhunter’s powers and focused on shapeshifting, since his other abilities are covered thoroughly by Superman and the rest of the Justice League. This version is also much less trustworthy of human beings, and with his special skill acts as the League’s detective and infiltrator. Visually I went with something more gangly, and with an outfit that he made himself to mimic Superman. He’s explicitly meant to look awkward and out of place. I like John being more alien and focused on simply understanding the world around him. The first Earthlings he really encounters are all heroes so he thinks “Well, I guess I’ll assimilate into this ‘super’ culture."
>>
>>92680093
It's so great to read in Clancy Brown's voice.
>>
File: greenlantern.jpg (106KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
greenlantern.jpg
106KB, 405x800px
>>92680139
Origin: Oa is a planet that stands apart from the galactic community in that its leaders take great interest in underdeveloped civilizations. So great is their concern that, in violation of the Omega Law, they secretly send devices of significant power to backwater worlds that allows a single individual of utmost character to defend their planet from existential threats. Upon its arrival to Earth, the device chose a young animator named Midori Ota for her creativity and strength of will. While she eventually embraced this new power, Midori does not realize this "green lantern’s” origins or why she must truly wield it.

Powers: The “Green Lantern” itself is a device of Oan technology that binds itself to the chest of Midori when in use, and can project a stream of microscopic machines that can take on virtually any form she imagines. The only limitations are ones of concentration and total amount of the machine particles. She can also fly by encasing herself in a thin layer of the material. Also, while the lantern is the literal source of the objects Midori generates, there is not always a literal trail of light connecting it to the source. Once the substance is “projected,” she is able to sculpt and move it as she sees fit.

Notes: The only significant visual change is the removal of the ring. I did this partly because I think a visually central source of power fits with the symmetry of the outfit better, but more importantly I wanted a device that was more universal and would make sense with an interplanetary effort to empower multiple species. It also cuts out the middle man and make the Green Lantern someone who literally uses a Green Lantern to fight. You wouldn’t call Batman “Money Man” or “Cave Man” because that’s where he recharges. Also I went with a plucky, younger character like Kyle Rayner, who I think was the most interesting to hold the title.
>>
File: theflash.jpg (137KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
theflash.jpg
137KB, 405x800px
>>92680162
Origin: While attempting to replicate what he believed to be the origin of Superman’s invulnerability, Dr. Ananth Patil accidentally accelerated his own metabolism to a superhuman degree. While he has gained extraordinary abilities in the process, his body has become unstable, requiring him to eat enormous amounts of food simply to stay alive and making regular sleep impossible. He currently seeks out other superhumans, hoping to find a way to cure his condition.

Powers: The Flash can and move at incredible speeds, well past Mach 10. He has also devised a helmet that compensates for the Doppler blue shift he sees at very high speeds as well as the equivalent for sound with his ear microphones.

Notes: I wanted a different take on the Flash than what’s usually seen, namely someone who saw it more of a curse than a blessing. Ananth is a scientist first, he’s more like Hank Pym or Bruce Banner: adventuring is a means to an end. Visually I wanted to give him a build that was more like a sprinter with larger thighs and a leaner overall shape. His outfit is very deliberately designed (by the Flash himself), with an emphasis on comfort and practicality.
>>
File: powergirl.jpg (131KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
powergirl.jpg
131KB, 405x800px
>>92680190
Origin: Superman is considered a security liability by the US Government, as he does not recognize their authority over most matters. As a response, the CIA secretly worked with LexCorp on replicating the Man of Tomorrow’s abilities in human beings. The only test subject to survive the process was Lieutenant Karan Starr, who was given the codename “Power Girl” and tasked with being the United States’ counter to Superman. However, instead of openly opposing him, Karan was sent to infiltrate the newly formed Justice League as an independent “superhero.”

Powers: Strength and invulnerability comparable to Superman, though she does not have his more unusual abilities like flight. However, since LexCorp did not know that Superman is an alien, their methods of replicating his abilities were very different. This may lead to Karan experiencing side effects later on.

Notes: Power Girl’s origin story has always been a mess, so I just started from scratch. Since my version of Superman both makes him much more antiauthoritarian, it seemed natural to have a character that exists as the government’s response to a superhuman acting independent of their own interests. Karan is essentially a Captain America character with a much more morally ambiguous origin, and is sent to basically watch over this crazy (in her eyes) band of superpowered people- I think that has story potential. Visually I wanted to keep her short, curvy build, but place emphasis on her strength instead of her sexuality.
>>
>What if a police office gets lucky and shoots and kills the Joker
>>
>DC: Elder Entities
Series of DC heroes in the vein of Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham.

>Aquaman: Shadow Over Amnesty Bay
Arthur Curry returns home to settle the affairs of his late father Thomas Curry, the operator of the town's lighthouse.
He learns the truth of the town's relationship to the Deep Ones, and that he himself is the spawn of man and fish beast.

>Green Lantern: The Colour From Oa
Hal Jordan is retired fighter pilot, following the Great War (World War One) who witnesses a strange meteor crash outside his home.
The meteor gives off a strange color and imparts him with a meteor stone ring containing one its colors and warns him of an eldritch being named Parallax coming to retrieve the other spectrums.

I'll think up some more I'm sure, these are just bare bone ideas.
>>
>>92680301
>Lazarus Pit
>>
File: image.png (226KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226KB, 300x600px
>>92680386
Please more, take a Nyarlathotep as tribute.
>>
>>92662034
This. Why has no one explored this?
>>
What if the Guardians never replaced the Manhunters with the GLC
>>
>>92680386
>>92680452
Here's another

>Deadman: The Facts Concerning The Late Boston Brand
Famed escape artist and skeptic Boston Brand has recently made a fool out of a spiritualist calling herself Rama Kushna. During one of his performances he is murdered by a man with a hooked hand, but his story just begins there.
Now as a ghost, Brand seeks to find the identity of his killer. The clues lead him back to Rama Kushna who is more than she seems.
>>
File: Image-1419023105.jpg (102KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1419023105.jpg
102KB, 480x720px
An "Urban Legends" line

>The Superman
Pulitzer award-winning reporter Lois Lane seems to have it all in life, a successful career, a happy family with Metropolis' most famous billionaire, Alexander "Lex" Luthor... yet there's something that has obsessed her since childhood, a mysterious being who has being saving people around the Lowell county area and even beyond there. She finally decides to dedicate herself full time to uncovering this mystery, but the answers may not be what she expected...

>The Gotham Bat-Man
The Bat-Man has been a common urban legend in the city of Gotham for decades, with many describing him as a monstrous mix between a man and a human-sized bat. Detective James Gordon used to pay little mind to these legends, until a recent case defies all logic explanation, and he may be forced to uncover Gotham's darkest secret...

>The Amazons of Themyscira
Archeologist Barbara Ann Minerva has been looking for clues about the mythical Amazons for years. A recent breakthrough allows her to attain goverment funding for an expedition, and alongside Colonel Steve Trevor and Private Beth Candy, she's determined to find these elusive women or die trying...

There's probably more you can do with other characters, but they could end up kinda same-y, especially Flash. Green Lantern and/or Martian Manhunter have potential though.
>>
DC Noire. A rough equivalent to Marvel's series but with a greater focus on mystery. Vic Sage and Clark Kent are the two rival protagonists who are both trying to get the scoop on Ace Chemical, Lexcorp and rumors of a mysterious bat-spirit monster. At first it seems like all three are unrelated, then it looks like they're all related, but ultimately they weren't related and someone else (Perry?) was orchestrating the whole thing, committing crimes/messing with evidence to make exciting headlines that the paper was guaranteed to have the first exclusive on.
>>
>>92680701
I like this idea.

Have Martian Manhunter in a Roswell setting or Doctor Fate's Helm of Nabu as a mystery in the museum.
>>
>>92680941
>DC Noire: The Green Lantern
Have Hal Jordan (ace pilot), John Stewart (soldier), Guy Gardner (bodyguard), and Kyle Rayner (adventure magazine artist) together on an expedition to the Orient led by Alan Scott (aging adventurer).
They discover an ancient temple containing Jade Rings surrounding a lantern protected by blue-skinned monks.

Not sure how to incorporate Sinestro, but maybe have Parallax as a corrupted Eastern dragon.
>>
>>92670443
Mexico, Nazi and Russian Superman all have depth naturally
>>
>>92664557
>>92664698
I think a story where things go the way they were supposed to would be cool. Like Kara was sent to Earth to help Kal, so what if she landed on time, and they were both raised by the Kents?
>>
What if Civil War II was good
>>
>>92681389
What about Canada?
>>
>>92667482
Assuming an even growth rate and his approximate age and using high-end quantifiable feats, Superman has gained 6 billion tons of strength per second he's on Earth.
>>
>>92680214
No chest window. I'm out.
>>
>>92670517
The 300x gravity would kill him.
>>
>>92662198
Wrong, the ring sensed he had recently wore a green one and rejected him. Saying he fought it off is typical Batwank.
>>
>>92658626
Earth 1997: What if the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Doctor Doom remained dead after Onslaught?

Basically a world where the Heroes Return never happened. The Thunderbolts, Heroes for Hire, and the X-Men become the planets main line of defense and Savage Hulk is running around permanently separated from Banner. It could be an interesting point of divergence, that I could see going a bunch of different ways. Maybe the more heroic members of the Thunderbolts break off and form a New Avengers? How would shit like Morrison's New X-Men run and Secret Invasion go down? Would Mutants become more accepted in society? What would this mean to the surviving members of the Illuminati? Hell most of the Avenger's rogues gallery would still be kicking around too, same with the FF. I could also see shit like the Defenders reforming, Rhodey retaking the Iron Man mantle, and Beta Ray Bill becoming the new Thor.
>>
>>92681079
That's way more pulp than noire.
>>
>>92681752
A world of comics where the britishing never happened...it's like my waking wetdream
>>
>>92681849
You're right, but my brain shot out the idea before any editing occurred.
>>
>>92681916
Not saying it's a bad idea, mind you. It's great.
>>
File: Red_Hood.jpg (12KB, 515x471px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood.jpg
12KB, 515x471px
>>92658626
What if Joker became the vigilante Red Hood and protector of Gotham City?
>>
Every Superman and Batman pitch here is pointless by virtue of 90% existing Elseworlds being Superman or Batman stories
>>
>>92681983
more batwank, another day on /co/. the board for normies.
>>
In a world where a mysterious rocket plummeting to the earth from a distant, dead world never arrives. A world where a mugger was just a little more heartless and shot the kid, too. A world where, in World War 2, a previously undiscovered island in the Mediterranean was promptly bombed to oblivion after Hiroshima when its inhabitants were deemed not friendly. A world where the three most important people simply never were. Where do others stand? What threats, new or old, can still be averted? What doom faces this world?
>>
Lois and Clark are dead and Jon is raised and trained by Batman
>>
>>92662119
He got passed over by the GLs because he can't get over the fear he felt when his parents died. Hal had something arguably worse happen to him and still managed to move on, emotionally speaking.
>>
File: Jareth_the_Goblin_King.jpg (56KB, 440x690px) Image search: [Google]
Jareth_the_Goblin_King.jpg
56KB, 440x690px
What if baby kal got kidnapped by pic related
>>
>>92680701
I like this idea a lot. I'm a faggot for urban legends and cryptozoology so this comes as no surprise.

>>92680071
I like the idea of Supes and Kryptonians actually looking like aliens. Maybe he can limited shapeshifting abilities that allows him to take a humanoid form. But are all his powers the same or does he have different or more powers?

>>92675125
>what if Batman was chinese

That happened and it was fucking amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhNUPk_CLc

I think changing a character's nationality/country of origin can work if it's interesting and different enough.

>>92671337
I've had this idea for years. I love to see a Batman story that is legit a noir detective story. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet or maybe they have and I'm just not aware.

>>92664244
Bruce Wayne going public with being Batman does sound interesting. Age of Apokalips could also work if it's done right.

>>92668991
I'm interested in the idea of Clark being raised by the Waynes and being Bruce's younger brother who dealt with their death by keeping a cheery attitude. Bats and Supes fighting crime as buds always tickles me in the right places too.
>>
>>92663747
Aquaman?
>>
>>92678945
You sick fuck
>>
A story that details the destruction of krypton in a different light. Knowing the immense solar energy absorption of Kryptonians the guardians had closely watched their society develop. They feared that once the kryptonians developed long range space travel, and reached yellow suns, they would be collectively unstoppable. The book would detail the guardians secret conspiracy to destroy krypton, and their continued cover-up.
>>
Not necessarily else worlds but a full on horror title featuring Thawne. A mysterious entity who haunts the past, present, and future.
>>
>>92658626
Steampunk Avengers sounds like a shitty idea for a group cosplay, but I feel like if you actually put some thought into it you could do a lot of cool shit with the idea. Captain America as a revived Minuteman with a Washington Irving-esque origin, Tony Stark and Hank Pym as Edison and Tesla respectively, Wagnerian Thor, Dr. Banner and Mr. Hulk, Frontiersman "Hawkeye" Barton, Miss Van Dyne who isn't letting being shrunk to an inch stop her from being a member of New York High Society, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as fresh off of Ellis Island immigrants. Again, I think if you actually did the research into the time period rather than just doing a rehash of the Marvel Universe but with top hats and monocles it could be awesome. Like charting the team through a period of about 20 years and ending with them disbanding at the beginning of WW1.
>>
>Green Arrow: The Archer King
What if it took even longer for Oliver Queen to be rescued from the island he was shipwrecked on?
What if his desire for justice was eroded as hope grew dim and survival became all he had?

In this story, Oliver Queen returns to Star City as a shadow of a man, more primal hunter than civilized businessman.
Unable to cope with the modern world he retreats to Starling Park (a Central Park analogue for Star City) where he lives by the bow, homeless and feral.
The story would be told from eye-witness accounts of people who have seen or were even rescued by the mysterious archer.
>>
>>92663861
BRAAPPPPPPPP
>>
File: zone.jpg (64KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
zone.jpg
64KB, 800x601px
He was sent to Earth when his home planet was destroyed by the emergence of Giant Monsters.
Now Kai Kenzo fights them on Earth as the electric blue Giant Superman. In inhis quest to protect the Earth he allies himself with the mysterious pilot, The Black Knight, and his winged giant Robot, Great Batman. Together they explore the world and uncover strange mysteries like the mighty King of the Oceans Aquasaurus, the living giant statue Diana W, and space faring heroes known as the Lantern Brothers.

Kai must gather Earth's forces for justice, because he has been found by the 5 headed giant monster Doomorra, the monster that destroyed his home world!
>>
>What if Batman was permanently bent to Poison Ivy's will?

>What if Superman and Power Girl repopulated the Kryptonian race?

>What if baby Kal-El was raised by Lobo?
>>
A political drama about relations between Earths 4 world powers, Atlantis, Themyscara, Kandhaq, and the arctic city state of New Kandor.
>>
File: request dream.png (123KB, 2608x1284px) Image search: [Google]
request dream.png
123KB, 2608x1284px
I had a dream once about a world were Miles Morales was Deadpool and on a team with a super serious but 4th wall breaking Lady-Deadpool and an Ice-Man who has to use a mech suit to use his powers.
>>
>>92677323
Yeah I kinda figured the only way to really explain why the ring wouldn't just choose Hal like usual is if he was dead therefore not an option. I don't especially like the idea of killing Hal but story sometimes necessitates some bummer.
>>
>>92671337
I like this.
But what if he was a woman named Ms.Terzsasz.
>>
>>92658626
Stopping that was the plot of the first Booster Gold arc of the 07 comic.
>>
File: Booster Gold 03 pg 07-08.jpg (1MB, 2560x1965px) Image search: [Google]
Booster Gold 03 pg 07-08.jpg
1MB, 2560x1965px
>>92684977
Forgot my pic.
>>
>>92680386
Yes, please.
Anything Lovecraft in the dcu would be an Instabuy from me.

What about
Jor-el gets Shadow out of Time'd with Johnathan Kent for a year, after he's constructed Supermans ship, but before he warns Krypton of it's forthcoming destruction.
So Jkent is privy to kryptoshit and jor el has somewhere he can send his kid.
>>
make more series like the Countdown: Search for Ray Palmer where the dynamic trio of dinguses go around to different weird worlds because why not
>>
>>92664882
Which one?
>>
>>92681518
He'd be too pure.
And he'd probably wear a god-damned maple leaf on his chest
>>
what if Arcade trapped the Avengers in a murder carnival and Hawkeye was the key to escaping
>>
>>92658626
>DC Wrestling All-Stars.
>Superman is Hogan
>Batman is Sting
>Wonder Woman is the Ultimate Warrior
>NWO Superman is Black Suit Superman
>Lex is Vinny Mc.
>ECW is Wildstorm
>WCW could be Milestone or something
>you can fill the rest as it goes
>Mix of kayfabe stotylines with shoot stuff, both the how the sausage is made part and in fighting, ego stroking, politics part, with Super-Stars (get it?) struggling with substance abuse and personal drama.
It even works business wise, since WWE was having all those crossovers with WB IPs.
>>
>>92680214
Dresdencodak fuck off
>>
>>92678891
>Gilman Aquaman
http://genesischant.deviantart.com/art/Lovecraft-JLA-Aquaman-199283840

Final excerpt from the Diary of Arthur Curry,

"March 1st, 1912--

I fear a doom has come for the world of men. It may be too late to stop it. It is already too late for this poor soul.

The dreams have started again. They're much clearer now, and I find myself remembering much more when I wake-- though I would count it as a mercy if I did not. I am deep in the blue-green bowels of the ocean, and the Voice is there with me. It speaks to me, calling me Or'rn and in the dream I know with alarming certainty that this is my rightful name. That it has always been my name. Though I am so deep below the surface that no light could possibly pierce to illuminate, I am granted some otherworldly sight to make my way. I see the ruins of the Great City, walk its barnacle-crusted streets, its perverse alien architecture giving me an unpleasant sensation of vertigo even when I stand still. The Voice of the Dweller calls to me, and I follow it down into the City's central Palace, a mammoth facade massive beyond the works of human hands. I stand before its magnificence and the Voice speaks once more, only now it comes from within me, it is my own voice speaking!

'The age of Humans is at an end. As it was in days of old, the seas will rise up once again to drown the land, and the Ancient Old Ones will wake from their sleep of watery eons!'

My mouth twists itself into a gruesome smile around hundreds of needle-sharp teeth and I realize that I have far too many mouths. Despite this, I smile-- full of a wild maddening joy, because for the first time in my life, I will soon be among my own kind."
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.