[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 90

File: AborterofTheFuture.jpg (41KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
AborterofTheFuture.jpg
41KB, 736x460px
>Denial
>Anger
>Bargaining
>Depression
>Acceptance

>Bargaining here
If Genndy has an alternate ending for the boxset I'm happy
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance, damage has been done, nothing we can do about it.
>>
Extra episode?
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance.
We expected too much from Genndy, and so we were disappointed.
Another cartoon will come, perhaps it might surpass SJ.
>>
>>92658195
Denial.
Much rather make my own ending.
>>
>>92658195
>Denial
What what? No, this can't be it. Where's the rest of it? There's no way it can end like this.
>Anger
What the hell Genndy? We've been waiting over a decade for Jack to return to the past but not at the cost of everyone he ever knew and loved becoming nonexistant.
>Bargaining
Maybe if Jack finds the Guardian in the past and uses that portal to go back to the alternate future, everything will be alright.
>Depression
No, Genndy says he's done with the series. All hope is gone. It's just my headcanon.
>Acceptance
Jack finally accomplished his goal and defeated the ultimate evil. I should be happy for him. He's accepted his losses but everyone will be for the better in the end. He will find that happiness within himself someday.
>>
File: 1492180784745.gif (181KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1492180784745.gif
181KB, 500x283px
>>92658195
I was OK since the beggining.
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance
>>
N/a, the ending was legit good, the more I sit with it the more I like it thematically.
>>
I'm in a constant state of acceptance about most things. I'm much happier this way
>>
>>92658195
I already accepted the ending would be trash after episode 7.
>>
>>92658195
acceptance.
I'm just happy that one of favorite shows from my childhood got an ending.
>>
It was ok, I think. Sure I expected something different but what happened wasn't that far-fetched. I put the blame on the first 3 episodes which filled us with expectations that the series, almost immediately afterwards strafed away from.
>>
I just watched the last episode right this second

I'm mostly ok with it I guess, I'm just disappointed with how much focus was on Ashi. I don't necessarily hate the character but I waited this long to see Jack defeat Aku, not Jack and Ashi defeat Aku. It was supposed to be a story about a wandering warrior on a quest to defeat evil, not a love story
>>
>>92658300
How the fuck would he get back to the past and not erase everyone?
>>
>>92658195
Indifference.
>>
>>92658195
Anger still
>>
File: 1491709924212.png (877KB, 907x874px) Image search: [Google]
1491709924212.png
877KB, 907x874px
>>92658195
Satisfied

I blame the first 3 episodes for the high expectations. They were so fucking good.
>>
>>92658195
I genuinely expect the future to disappear it always seemed logical to me. I also appreciated that killing Aku was basically effortless to Jack. I mean it would have been dumb after 50 years to expect Aku to pull something out of his ass that would give Jack trouble.
>>
>>92658195
>never cared
it was an awful season but I was never attach to the show
However Genndy is one again confirming my opinion that letting creators run wild is always a bad idea.
>>
>>92658996
that and they felt like Jack having a real adventure when come episode 5 onward it felt like it was getting unhinged in narratives.
>>
>>92659092
>is one again confirming my opinion that letting creators run wild is always a bad idea.
Jesus, no.
It's not our fault that the animation industry is filled with hacks.
>>
Denial.
I don't get over things, I fix them up.
>>
Friendly reminder that the 5 stages has no empirical evidence whatsoever and not even their author wants people to take it seriously
>>
>>92658195
Depression.
This means everyone he has met and everything he has done has been erased.

Sure he saved the world. But how can Jack go from a super advanced future with flying cars, robots and lasers that he has lived in for 50 years to a feudal Japan with horses and bows?

Will he just wander the world hell depressed until he dies alone as an old man?
>>
File: Balthazar's_Rage_(large).jpg (15KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Balthazar's_Rage_(large).jpg
15KB, 248x248px
>>92658195
Been sitting at phase two for a while now. I might jump to Bargaining soon and read the comic.
>>
File: 477.jpg (857KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
477.jpg
857KB, 700x1000px
>>92658195

I would be happy if at least Gendy didn't forsaken the characters from the future.

>Everything the same, but good i.e not rushed.
>Roll credits.
>Post credits scene.
>Jack steps foward in a dark place.
>There's a big light coming from the roof and a big blue man in a suit, wearing red glasse standing in front of the light.
>Jack stares from under his hat.
>"So, mah man... you plan to use this portal to bring back you lil' friends from the future huh? Or was it YOUR past? Hah! Not gonna happen."
>Jack keep staring his eyes are visible now.
>"You see mah man... there's only one man who will use this portal"
>(Portal shows King Jack)
>"And you mah man... Ain't. That. Man."
>Jack draws his sword.
>"If that's the only man who will earn your blessing to use this portal fear not... I'm not here asking for permission."
>Guardian Laughs "HAH! HAH! HAH!" then draws a big katana from his back"
>They charge at each other and start fighting.
>Jack uses his horse cut technique while we hear his toughts "Ashi I'm coming"
>From the sparks of the blades there's a fadeway to a white place (the limbo maybe?) where we see Ashi floating in nothingness.
>Close to the her face while the screen goes black.
>"I'm waiting"

>WACHA!
>>
Still denial, considering that I am trying to rely on headcannons.
>>
I'm angry about it, but I've accepted it. At least Ashi was erased from existence
>>
>>92658195
I guess bargaining as well for the same reasons.
>>
>>92658219
>>92658234
This.
Damage is done, don't care anymore.
>>
>>92658830
But it was entirely Jack who defeated Aku. Ashi was literally a plot device there, he could have found another portal or something.
>>
If the series ending meant that all of the characters and settings I'd ended up getting attatched to were wiped from existence, I'd have rather the show stayed on hiatus.

I still think it would have been a better ending for Jack to have not been able to go back to the past, but instead realizing that his destiny was to help rebuild the future into something great. Jack realized that after all these years, the future WAS his home.
>>
>>92662785
>"And you mah man... Ain't. That. Man."
I already told you, anon: drop this line, it's OOC as fuck now.
>>
It's such a shame because the first three episodes were really good. Ashi and her lack of personality ruined it.
>>
>>92664183
Opposite for me, Ashi's death is really the only reason I'm pissed at the ending.
>>
>>92664183
>>92664294
At least neither of you are one of those people pissed at BOTH Ashi's very existence in the show and her being killed off. That's just fucked up.
>>
Acceptance. I didn't like how the season turned out but it was all worth it just for the first four episodes and seeing the Scotsman again.
>>
>>92664334
As an adamant Ashi-fag I actually understand the sentiment of hating her and hating her death.
She was a MAJOR part of this season, and people who didn't like her only tolerated her because they liked seeing Jack happy.
So after dealing with a season where half the focus is on a character you hate, seeing her get unceremoniously and illogically killed off last minute(and implying that the characters you DO like also disappeared) would make someone like that really pissed off.
>>
>>92664144

You didn't watch The Guardian episode then.
>>
>>92664423
I'm saying that BECAUSE I watched it.
You, OTOH, probably haven't *re*watched it recently.
>>
>>92658195
>Acceptance
In my mind, the ending wasnt supposed to feel satisfying. Its not the ending we wanted but it did make sense and both jack and the viewers will have to come to terms with the reality of the situation
>>
>>92664415
Those people should be shunned from the fandom for having such fickle emotions.
>>
>>92664294
For me, it's both. Ashi's inclusion in the show took time away from Jack and his development from the suicidal lone warrior we saw in the first three episodes into the slayer of Aku we all knew he would become. Ashi was a poorly thought out distraction, but she was forced in our face enough that by the end I was okay with her existence, even if she was completely shallow even at the end. Her part in the resolution of the finale was ridiculously dumb, but since she was going back with Jack there was the chance for a decent end with the two of them ruling over his kingdom. But after all that time, after all that shoving Ashi down our throats and telling us that she's perfect for Jack and that she's the best and all that, she fades away in what is literally the most telegraphed melodrama I've ever seen in a cartoon, complete with fanfic-tier dying exposition. They pushed this alternate romance ending onto us only to take it away when we were more or less satisfied with it.

It's like being told you're being given a delicious steak dinner, only to find out later that instead that steak is going to be ground up and made into burgers. Then, when you're finally hungry enough that the burgers actually sound pretty good, they bring the burgers to your table then immediately throw them into the trash and tell you to eat shit for getting your hopes up.
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance.
I thought the ending was fine.
>>
>>92664476
In your ((((food metaphor)))) can we at least acknowledge that the burgers looked and smelled delicious by the time they arrived?
>>92664464
This guy voices it pretty well>>92664464 and it isn't fickle
>>
>Bargaining
Even though the finale was lacking in time and budget, it did what the series originally set out to do, with Jack finally returning to the past and undoing the future that is Aku

However, I wouldn't be opposed if, in a couple years time, the demand for a proper sendoff is enough to warrant a movie redoing the finale ala End of Evangelion
>>
>>92664553
Whoops i meant>>92664476 voices it pretty well
>>
>>92664553
The burgers looked acceptable. "Well, I'm hungry, and the restaurant is closing soon, so burgers are fine I suppose."
>>
File: 1491729100763.jpg (205KB, 721x775px) Image search: [Google]
1491729100763.jpg
205KB, 721x775px
I've been in acceptance as of episode 7
I knew there was no way it was going to end on a truly satisfying note once Ashi's importance became apparent, so i just enjoyed the ride while I could.
>>
>>92664577
>end of evangelion
I'm not quite done with it so I don't want spoilery details. But I'm aware of how legendary and controversial the ending is, did they really go back and change it with a movie?
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance because I'm still glad we got it even if nothing was as good as the first three episodes.
>>
you people are gonna complain about it for the next 13 years arent you

it was far from perfect but it was a good ending all things considered
>>
>>92664445

Then explain you dumbass, why the guardian said he was not that man yet?
>>
>>92664616
The creators never fully confirmed that it was a replacement ending, but it is largely accepted as the true finale to the series
>>
>>92664624
>Thank you for shitting in my mouth, it was better than nothing
>>
>>92664445
>>92664423
I caught the miscommunication between you two and I'm gonna address it.
>>92664423
The fanfic this anon is supporting is set in the past, where the guardian has not met Jack and would not recognize him as king
>>92664445
This anon is saying the guardian wouldnt say "you mah man..etc" because he learned about king Jack at the end of the episode, and has no reason to not recognize him. However, in the fanfic ending, Jack looks the same as he did in the first fight, and past guardian has not met him, so would likely say "you mah man...etc"

Did that help you guys?
>>
>>92664719
But was it a retcon to the original ending?
>>
I fucking loved the ending, so I'm not in any stage.
>>
>>92658195
Fanficing
>>
I didn't expect much and still I was let down by a really half cooked rushed ending that didn't in the least satisfy me or gave me the big fight I wanted to see
>>
>>92664743

Wrong. The Guardian was talking to himself how Jack was not that man yet.

I really don't understand how you guys are not understanding this concept it's so simple.

THE GUARDIAN WILL NOT LET ANYONE BAR KING JACK USE THE PORTAL EVEN REGULAR JACK WILL NOT PASS.
>>
Not mind it. It is just a cartoon. You should find bigger problems for your life and stopping caring so much about characters from a hobby.
>>
>>92664903
I tried, have fun with your argument
>>
>>92658195
Pretty firmly in bargaining or denial. They could come out of nowhere with something different or the DVD release could have something, or Genndy could come out and say something. I don't know.
>>
i never got overhyped
i just wanted jack to go back and kill aku
>>
>>92664811
so denial, then?
>>
>>92664771
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: It's up to the interpretation of the viewer whether End of Evangelion is the same finale as the TV version from a different perspective or a complete retcon of the ending. I personally think it's the latter.

The only reason why End of Evangelion actually exists was because fans were mad at the original ending, so it being a retcon of the ending just makes sense
>>
>>92664859
>or gave me the big fight I wanted to see
The fight in the future wasn't enough? What the fuck is wrong with all of you shitheads!?
>>
Forever in denial because that ending was nonsense that defeated itself.
Supposed to believe that Ashi sent Jack back in the past, but also that Ashi never existed, but also that Jack has memories of her from months where she did exist.
No.

Simplify things and just say the Gods brought her back as a reward to both of them and to ensure they, and any resulting children, are around to fight Aku/similar evils should they ever appear again.
>>
>>92665043
>The fight in the future wasn't enough?
Jack didn't fight Aku in the future. He didn't do a goddamn thing.
>>
I want Aku to come back.

I want to protect his smile.

Why did he have to die, /co/?
>>
>>92664943
This anon is saying the guardian wouldnt say "you mah man..etc" because he learned about king Jack at the end of the episode, and has no reason to not recognize him. However, in the fanfic ending, Jack looks the same as he did in the first fight, and past guardian has not met him, so would likely say "you mah man...etc"

Oops, sorry that is actually more tought of than my version, I read only one part and rushed to a conclusion. I'm very sorry.
>>
>the show
Stage 5
>the constant threads about the show
Stage 2
>>
File: ashi_hairblowing.gif (452KB, 540x500px) Image search: [Google]
ashi_hairblowing.gif
452KB, 540x500px
>>92658195
After the episode ended on Saturday night, I kept switching between denial and anger.

For the past few days now, I've been switching between all of these. Today, however, I'm stuck between depression & acceptance: I'm mourning the loss of Ashi and this show, and I'm coping with the fact that there will never ever be another new episode, as well as no more fun Saturday night talkback threads.
>>
>>92664476
>Ashi was a poorly thought out distraction
This, she was a literal fucking plot device and didn't need to take up as much time as she did doing what amounted to nothing. Any development for her as a character was pointless in the end.
>>
>an alternate ending for the boxset
There's one that was storyboarded and put on youtube.
The gods reward Jack by bringing back a naked Ashi and Jack embraces and tells her that this is their new home.
>>
I wasn't expecting much, so I'm overall pleased. Though the pleasure is mostly from watching everyone shit their pants. You are all so much more entertaining than Jack ever could be and I thank Genndy for this bounty.
>>
>>92665615
That was just fan-made
>>
File: good-bad end.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
good-bad end.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>92658195
I started of angry and sad, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

Do you understand why he's smiling?
>Jack knows that the tainted future filled with billions of doomed souls has been alleviated of suffering
>Jack knows that countless other young couples like him and Ashi have been spared
>He knows that even though Ashi is gone, her actions have improved the lives of countless people, and that because of this she's more than just a memory
>Ashi gave him his life back and her actions created a world full of beauty and tranquility, something that the two of them cared more about than anything and is unbelievably romantic
>Jack knows how much Ashi loved him, and that she would want him to live a happy life in her absence, even maybe finding love again
>The red string of fate and they symbolism of ladybugs, along with lots of the afterlife rules that apply to eastern mythology dictate that souls exist outside of space and time, suggesting the two of them may meet again someday in the next world
>The future itself was an abomination that went against the will of the universe's creators, Jack, let alone anybody shouldn't have been there in the first place

I think the general reaction here and on other places across the internet speaks more to how most modern people are unable to acknowledge that suffering is an inherent part of life, and that suffering itself can actually lead to a fuller and more introspective life that allows people to truly cherish what they have.

Being sad is okay, and if Jack is content and has made peace with it, so should we.
>>
I just kinda wish that Jack had an actual skirmish with Aku even before Aku possessed Ashi. Otherwise, I was fine with the actual ending.
>>
>>92658195
none because i thought the ending was great
if you want jack to stay in the future, read the comics
>>
>>92665837
I'll shorten that for you: what lies before him is an eternal life of a virgin and pondering on how he fucked up everyone he loved, apart from his parents who he had not seen for couple of decades and who are old husks and will soon die (they tried to retcon it, but I hope no one got fooled). He smiles because bug, although he didn't even know what ladybug means (don't even try with "she told him offscreen", that's beyond bs for a scene of such importance).
>>
>>92665837
How can you have an afterlife if you never existed?
Besides that, I don't think you understand why people are pissed off at the ending. The themes were all over the place and the ending doesn't really match the rest of the tone of the series. When Genndy mentioned he wanted to have a bittersweet ending and Ashi was introduced, it was a huge red flag the entire season was going to be written for her and then killed for cheap emotional impact. Completely ignoring the fact Genndy just erased all the characters we grew up with in the future, people don't have to be content with this contrived forced ending just because Genndy wrote it like that.

It was a pyrrhic victory, he may have went back into the past and undo Aku's future, but he lost absolutely everything. That's hardly a reason to celebrate or feel happy about.
>>
>>92665837
>I think the general reaction here and on other places across the internet speaks more to how most modern people are unable to acknowledge that suffering is an inherent part of life, and that suffering itself can actually lead to a fuller and more introspective life that allows people to truly cherish what they have.
Don't you fucking pretend you're so "above" it all because you made up some faux-inspirational bullshit to justify the end. All the shit you just said would have made sense if ANY of the preceeding episodes had hinted at that being the moral, or that there was any sort of logic to the end beyond "JACK'S WAIFU IS DEAD YOU MUST CRY NOW".
>>
>>92666007
That's how I feel. Jack's spent his life building these bonds and becoming a savior to thousands of people, but instead of trying to fix the future and helping the people who idolizes he just erases them instead.

What does he have waiting for him back in the past? "Normal" life, stripped of everything he'd worked so hard for? Stripped of all of the friends he'd made, the people who looked up to him? That's fucked.

Jack fucked up big time by going back in time. He should have killed or sealed away Aku in the blade, and then paved the way for a brighter future.

The past is the past. The damage is done. The route they took only served to cheapen the gravity of the entire series, as if to say "None of it mattered, now that the past is fixed."
>>
File: oh boy here we go.jpg (9KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
oh boy here we go.jpg
9KB, 202x200px
>>92666007
>How can you have an afterlife if you never existed?
Nobody knows how the afterlife works anon, but based upon the mythology Samurai Jack's story and universe is derived from, that their reunion may be a possibility.
>Besides that, I don't think you understand why people are pissed off at the ending.
I agree with most people here that the pacing and execution could have been done a lot better, but my original post addresses the last scene specifically.
>When Genndy mentioned he wanted to have a bittersweet ending and Ashi was introduced, it was a huge red flag the entire season was going to be written for her and then killed for cheap emotional impact.
Fair point, but still I think she was a good vehicle for expanding Jack's character. He needed to sacrifice something more than just his wacky cast of future friends.
>Completely ignoring the fact Genndy just erased all the characters we grew up with in the future, people don't have to be content with this contrived forced ending just because Genndy wrote it like that.
We don't know if they were erased and we never will. For all we know they could have been born into a much happier Aku-less future. Not to mention the countless billions he saved from a horrible death at the hands of Aku
>It was a pyrrhic victory, he may have went back into the past and undo Aku's future, but he lost absolutely everything.
That's hardly a reason to celebrate or feel happy about.
True heroes must suffer if their victory is to have any meaning. Ashi surviving would have been absolute dogshit, and I say this as a massive jashifag.

>>92666014
>Faux-inspirational bullshit to justify the end.
These ideas are nothing new. Go read some Schopenhauer.

>>92666101
This whole "me me meee" mentality that lots of people are giving Jack is pure projection. The critical piece of Jack's character is that selfless to a fault and finds solace in his own tragedy by witnessing the happiness of others.
>>
>>92666599
>Nobody knows how the afterlife works anon, but based upon the mythology Samurai Jack's story and universe is derived from, that their reunion may be a possibility.
>We don't know if they were erased and we never will. For all we know they could have been born into a much happier Aku-less future.

Well you're just making up fan-fiction at this point.

The whole universe of samurai jack is literally build up Deus ex Machina's all over the place. They just take cool shit and throw it into the show. We know that the timelines are singular, Ashi vanishing is pretty much confirming that the Futrue we knew is gone, those people never existed outside of a Aku's future. Unless Genndy comes and explains that those people will still exist, then that wouldn't explain Ashi vanishing. Basically is garbage writing.

>True heroes must suffer if their victory is to have any meaning. Ashi surviving would have been absolute dogshit, and I say this as a massive jashifag.

I don't really care about Ashi, because she was a terrible character only to serve as a plot device, but to say Heroes must suffer to give their victory meaning is complete bullshit and you sound like a pretentious idiot. The journey itself always has suffering in it, alot of the greatest stories told always have the hero going through trials. This ending was clearly forced and doesn't even match what the original series was trying to convey.

You're trying to defend this writing by fixing up genndy's story for him, when clearly this is the same guy who didn't even bother looking at his own stuff, recton a ton of shit and handwaved things that would've gotten in the way of ashi screentime. The last scene doesn't make up for bad writing.
>>
>>92666599
>These ideas are nothing new. Go read some Schopenhauer.
I didn't say they were new, I said they weren't the intended message for the end of Samurai Jack and that you had no right to act like you're the only voice of reason on this board, you condescending faggot.
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance but also anger
>>
>>92658234
>we expected too much

speak for yourself, I was satisfied with the ending.
>>
Gee, I wonder why Aku tried to stop Jack from going back instead of not giving a fuck or even encouraging him to fuck off and leave him be. For sure not because it's established that there aren't any mulriverses and all the "but... but... who knows, maybe all the characters live happily somewhere" is complete bs.
>>
>>92667278
>and all the "but... but... who knows, maybe all the characters live happily somewhere" is complete bs.
Why would Aku care about other characters? His reaction says precisely jack shit about them.
>>
Anyone got that diagram with timelines parallel to each other? It was a single line, just curved (angled?) around itself. It explains the timeline best.
>>
>Ashi living is a paradox that needed to be addressed so she needed to disappear since she was never born.
>Jack going through a portal that Ashi created (Even though she never existed) is fine.
This is why time travel is a retarded plot point that should be avoided unless you go through it with a fine toothed comb to check for consistency. You want me to accept a paradox created by the supposed solving of another paradox.
>>
>>92658312
Same.
>>
>>92658234
Expecting ashi to live is too much?
>>
Acceptance and/or denial in the form of hope that he comes out of retirement to do another series where some bullshit justifies him pulling Ashi out of timestream and fulfilling the King Jack image (alternate timeline unleashes new evil, Jack is still immortal, at the culmination of it all he uses the not-destroyed-in-this-timeline guardian portal)
>>
>>92662785
>much guardian
fuck aku, fuck ashi and FUCK JACK!

we want a buddy cop show featuring scotsman and guardian!
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance. Still arguing about it because its fun.
>>
>>92658312
Gotta say, this schadenfreude is great.
>>
>>92658843
fucking this
what did people expect to happen after he goes back to the past?
>>
>>92658195
I'm still at bargaining too, hoping for (but knowing there won't be) some surprise epilogue during the marathon.

>>92658234
I honestly was with it all the way until the last 10 minutes of the finale.
>>
>>92659939
To be fair, Jack LIKES living simply, he always has. Part of why he got along naturally with Ashi, since they both had a deep love for the natural world.
>>
>>92659939
he really dosent seem depressed at the ending
it shows him learning to let go of the future and smile
dont cry because it's over, smile because it happened
>>
>>92662785
That pic is kind of hard to look at now.
>>
>>92658195
I just want a few questions answered is all. What happened to the other future? Did it disappear or branch off into its own separate timeline? If it did, does Jack defeating Aku in the past cause him to be destroyed in the alternate timeline as well?
>>
>>92668761
Nah. He gets her back eventually.
Look at images of them and smile for they are happy.
>>
>>92658195
Hopeful that maybe at least Twin Peaks will be better
>>
>>92668725
I think it's pretty naive to assume the loss and grieving aren't still waiting in the wings. He's begun to heal, but it's a long road.
>>
>>92668661
Don't say her name
>>
Extreme dissapointment and mild confusion
>>
File: comic jack ashi tag.jpg (1MB, 968x5806px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack ashi tag.jpg
1MB, 968x5806px
>>92668761
A lot of them are now.
>>
Acceptance. I hit all the other stages during episode 8. Especially the end of 8. Ugh.
>>
>>92668801
Delete this
>>
>>92664415
This
We spent so much time on a glorified time portal
>>
>>92668794
What name? Do you mean ASHI?
>>
File: IMG_2826.jpg (87KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2826.jpg
87KB, 540x405px
>>92658195
I'm in a mix of denial and anger. After how fucking amazing this season started, I can't believe how poorly the finale was handled. The runtime not being extended, no final battle with future Aku, that damn wedding scene that was cheesy as all hell, no explanation what happened to past Jack that was thrown into the future before past Aku died from future Jack. I feel like we got cheated after all these years and it really, REALLY fucking hurts.
>>
>>92668801
>enough time passed between killing aku and the wedding to heal Jacks parents, rebuild the kingdom, and invite guests from around the world

TH-THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED
>>
File: traps are gay.png (178KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
traps are gay.png
178KB, 500x566px
>>92666824
>>92666906
>>
>>92668801
>that image
Fuck.
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance. It wasn't perfect, but it was still a satisfying, cathartic ending.
>>
File: 1495474055931.jpg (123KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495474055931.jpg
123KB, 614x768px
There is only one acceptable ending
>>
>>92669160
Fuck ,it still hurts
>>
>>92669160
>>92669349
Has /co/ ever been kicked in the balls/heart so hard before? I can't think of anything that comes remotely close.
>>
>>92669160
>>92668801
These make me angry. Not because I particularly liked Ashi, but because I liked the fact that she made Jack happy, and thanks to an idiotic time travel paradox he will never be happy because "happy endings are for children".
>>
>>92669558
The gods can bring her back, or Jack can with another portal.
I liked Ashi, but didn't initially ship them. Only started that when I saw how happy Jack was. They will find a way.
>Gotta get her back.
>>
>>92658195
Honestly I wasn't mad. I'm surprised Genddy actually went the 'Jack gets nothing except knowing it's finished' ending, but I waited 15 years for a fucking ending and it ended.
>>
File: comic jack ashi hug.jpg (758KB, 956x3976px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack ashi hug.jpg
758KB, 956x3976px
>>92669558
What makes it hit home is that it's really in-character for Jack and Ashi.

The same chick did this one before E6 premiered.
>>
>>92669695
>Gotta get her back.
>Back in my life
>Samurai wife
>>
>>92669558
>but because I liked the fact that she made Jack happy, and thanks to an idiotic time travel paradox he will never be happy because "happy endings are for children".

I thought the ending was actually happy and hopeful. It's sad, and melancholy, but it shows Jack understanding and accepting that she's gone, and that the world is alive and free. And that she chose that whole-heartedly.
>>
>>92669862
DELETE THIS!
>>
That was a strong candidate for the least convincing ending I ever so.

It's not bittersweet at all and there's barely any closure. Falls completely flat due to cheap drama an easy cop outs.

Appealing decision making. Why devote your extremely limited times to scenes like showing Jack's trainers. Do you really think anyone cares? At the same time many important things completely waved away.

Shocking 101 storytelling mistakes. Employing time travel as actual plot device instead of a premise when it just cannot be done properly. One of the main characters having a "tell the audience what is happening" moment, and in the final dialogue line of the entire show no less.

It was really bad. If I could go back to the past to stop myself from seeing it, I would.
>>
>>92666101
>The past is the past. The damage is done.
Except the show literally promises that that's not true. The entire premise of Samurai Jack is getting back to the past and undoing Aku.
>>
>>92669927
FUCK OFF
>>
>>92669945
>Do you really think anyone cares?
I did- I always liked the African stick-man guy, especially since we got an episode about him.
>>
>>92669903
10/10
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance. All I wanted was for him to go back to the past. I got that. I'm satisfied. Could have gone better, but it could also have gone way much worse.
>>
>>92669971
I think one more "muh theme song, what was actually in the show itself doesn't matter" will be enough to give me stroke.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-05-24 22.45.30.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-24 22.45.30.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92658195
YOU WANT BITTERSWEET GENDY YOU HACK ?

HERES HOW YOU DO IT PROPERLY

>DAT BUILDUP OF GUITAR IN BACKGROUND
>DAT MUSIC KICKING IN AFTER THE FINAL LINE OF DIALOGUE
>>
File: comic jack ashi .jpg (217KB, 692x1238px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack ashi .jpg
217KB, 692x1238px
>>92669931
Just try and enjoy it in isolation, anonymous.

Here's another one. Someone or another was speculating on what 'dirty talk' would consist of between these two. Probably this.
>>
>>92670008
So you prefer seeing him for two seconds over, I don't know, learning what happened to the Scotsman or Jack's immortality getting addressed?
>>
File: 597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg (201KB, 493x500px) Image search: [Google]
597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg
201KB, 493x500px
>>92669903
>>
File: round pepe.jpg (96KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
round pepe.jpg
96KB, 470x470px
>It's a "/co/ is made up of sheltered manchildren who have never had to deal with loss, man the fuck up, and carry on for a better future" episode

normies get out reeeeeee
>>
>>92670113
Im what would be considered a normie, good job, good looking and qt gf but Ashi death has really messed me up.

I stand in solidarity with /co/
>>
>>92670086
Why Genndy ?

;_;
>>
>>92670146
Going by the reactions I've seen a lot of normie-tier fans are pretty dejected too.

I actually kinda wonder how Genndy is reacting to all of this, if he even cares.
>>
>>92665837
>suffering is an inherent part of life,

I know that. That's why I watch and read fiction, so I can escape to a world where not everything is a depressing pile of shit. I don't invest myself in these worlds and these characters just for the creator do pull some artsy fartsy bad end out of his ass so he can pat himself on the back about what a deep artist he is.
>>
>>92658195
I was never the biggest fan of SJ but the first three episodes got my hopes up that maybe there was something worth watching on Saturday nights. Then it just switched to the Jack and Ashi romance half hour and i stopped tuning in. Watching the finale was the last bit i subjected myself to and it was like watching a train wreck. I had no other emotions other than mild annoyance that Genndy had hyped this shit up only to deliver garbage.
Well, he did what he wanted, so good on him, but he's an awful artist for completely blowing the opportunity to create something impressive and instead just go for putting his adolescent wet dream on tv.
Seriously who did the first three episodes, it sure as fuck couldnt have been genndy.
>>
File: comic aku shouting lessons.jpg (235KB, 500x1476px) Image search: [Google]
comic aku shouting lessons.jpg
235KB, 500x1476px
>>92670173
I dunno, I don't have an answer.
>>
Are we in the era of complete disappointment in media?
First MGSV, now this.
>>
>>92670184
In an interview he said that he knew the ending would leave people divided, but that he was okay with that. Samurai Jack has always been reflective of Genndy's life experience, and the shit he had to overcome in order to make it to where he did. The man told a story that reflects his values and the events that shaped them. No fucks given, Genndy is the true winner here.
>>
>>92670370
It was definitely divisive. Last I checked our strawpoll, it was like 35-45-20 satistifed-dissatisfied-indifferent.
>>
File: comic jack 2.png (2MB, 712x4164px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack 2.png
2MB, 712x4164px
>>92670240
Guess I'll just post random funnies and cutes.
>>
File: ShaggyRogers.png (11KB, 212x406px) Image search: [Google]
ShaggyRogers.png
11KB, 212x406px
You now realise that he's been right the whole time.
>>
>>92670442
the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to believe the message is that people in modern life are unable to cope with loss

>>92670466
what a fucking legend
>>
File: swooce.png (215KB, 832x424px) Image search: [Google]
swooce.png
215KB, 832x424px
>>92670466
Swooce the fuck outta here.
>>
>>92670194
exactly

Samurai Jack has a world full of crazy color and characters both funny and frightening.

Its a kids show which appealed to adults due to its unique style,interesting setting and characters among other things.

Genndy decides he has to make an 'artsy'impression by ripping the guts out of the hero we've been rooting for for 15+ years.
>>
>>92670466
>masturbating in public
>>
>>92670503
>people in modern life are unable to cope with loss
When said loss is poorly written, they have a right to be pissed off.

I mean christ, you're defending shitty writing because "happy endings aren't realistic". By that logic fucking Tim Buckley is a literary genius and the infamous abortion strip is a work of pure, unironic art.
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>92669903
>>
File: 138557_v1.jpg (50KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
138557_v1.jpg
50KB, 300x338px
>>92658195
>a major plot point of the original series was jack trying to get back to the past & undo the evil that is aku

>people get upset that he finally did it

between this and people here bitching about the introduction of ashi i feel like everyone that's complaining about S5 never actually saw the show to begin with.

i honestly don't know what you were expecting?
>>
File: ETERNAL.png (1MB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
ETERNAL.png
1MB, 750x937px
>>92670466
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>92670580
>When said loss is poorly written, they have a right to be pissed off.
I've said several times that I thought the execution was horrible, but that the fundamental meaning was solid. Continue not reading someone's full argument and stay mad.
>>
Did you seriously have to go through all five stages of grief over a fucking cartoon? It's okay to be invested; I was sad for a couple of days after the ending, but good grief, get a hold of yourselves. Aren't we the ones who laugh at Tumblr when they're LITERALLY SHAKING?
>>
>>92670092
>what happened to the Scotsman
He died, became a scottish ghost, saved his daughters from the aku-rain, and then that time-line was erased from Jack's own and Jack got to go home. He's probably not immortal anymore because he's in his proper timeline, but if he is than that lets me have the warm glow of knowing Jack is going to live forever as a rad philosopher king of justice and samurai honor.

So no, I don't particularly care.
>>
Personally the only thing I really hated was the fact that Jack didn't kill Aku in the future. They just... left... With the only thing capable of stopping Aku to boot. If that timeline still exists, then he's doomed them all to a life of misery as nobody can oppose Aku. Its not like FOOLISH SAMURAI grow on trees.
>>
>>92670503
>the more I'm starting to believe the message is that people in modern life are unable to cope with loss

Wrong, its just that some of us have already experienced loss in life or maybe some of us haven't experienced anything remotely like love that having it leaking over into what is essentially escapist fun for no other reason than 'huur duur bittersweet' really leaves a bad taste.

Ive had some bad shit happen recently and Jacks,rushed, horrific and pointless end has bought it all back to me that life is unforgiving and that regardless of how good a person you are you're gonna get fucked over.

People rag on Disney for their sugar coated endings but dammit I love re watching Beauty and the Beast every few years. Id rather hammer matchsticks under my toenails than watch Samurai Jack knowing that all the interactions and friends made/saved meant nothing and despite meeting a kindred spirit whom he saves and is saved by in return he is fucked over pointlessly.
>>
>>92670829
>They just... left... With the only thing capable of stopping Aku to boot. If that timeline still exists, then he's doomed them all to a life of misery as nobody can oppose Aku. Its not like FOOLISH SAMURAI grow on trees.

if ashi being erased from the timeline is anything to go by then that whole future never happened in the first place
>>
>>92670648
I think people that don't create things tend to have unrealistic expectations which fuels a lot of the contrarian slant on the boards. Especially if you're an artist or writer and have had to draw or write for someone else's idea you tend to pick up very quickly that most people believe they have a solid idea of what they want but that it's actually more of a vague contradictory feeling they're aiming for. A good creator can handle this and aim to deliver on an aspect of that feeling and even exceed it which tends to leave the commissioner pretty ecstatic. However, when you're doing something like finishing samurai Jack after a decade, there is going to be a lot of these non-creator fanboys that have spent a long time reinforcing an impossible ideal that you're just never going to meet. I think a lot of the people here may have watched the original series but lack a strong sense of their own tastes. I have minor complaints about S5 but I think Genndy did a good job of ignoring the babble.
>>
>>92670648
>character develops, becoming an actual fleshed out character who loves and has friends
>His goals which might be in slight conflict with his personal development never change
>This is good writing
>>
File: ashi preg.jpg (268KB, 1280x1189px) Image search: [Google]
ashi preg.jpg
268KB, 1280x1189px
>>92670727
I think OP is being a little facetious, dude. Calm your tits.

NEVER EVER.
>>
>>92671008
OP here
Im actually really proud my thread is so big, obviously many here can relate

I'm still at bargaining btw

BRING HER BACK
>>
File: 1491883682492.png (50KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491883682492.png
50KB, 350x400px
>>92669903
Funded.
>>
Acceptance, but it's the sad kind.

I think everything that happened in it was good, but the way it was presented in the final episode ( Ashi suddenly poofing several days after AKu's defeat, only five minutes dedicated to Jack going back, no dialogue between Jack and his parents,) was disappointing. Too many things that needed to be done in the span of 22 minutes.

One thing I think the ending could really have benefited from was a little montage showing the lives of the people Jack saved in the Aku-less future. Maybe during the credits.

And why not have the intro be the original, then pan out in the end with Aku's "NOT!" to reveal he was narrating it to characters from screens within the show?
>>
File: IMG_0117.jpg (136KB, 558x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
136KB, 558x340px
>>92666599
>I think she was a good vehicle for expanding Jack's character. He needed to sacrifice something more than just his wacky cast of future friends.
Motherfucker are you really this dense? Those "wacky" future friends were a greater loss than Ashi ever was. The Scotsman alone was worth ten Ashis on his worst day, I mean the man literally risked death just to get his friend's memory back. The dogs and ravers were his first steps in changing the future for the better, and the jump good dude gave Jack an incredible skill that he occasionally still made use of albeit rarely. What did Ashi offer? An excuse not to off himself that any of the people he's helped could have given (the Scotsman in particular since his way with words is unmatched), a face to suck, and a cheap dues ex machina followed by an even cheaper plot """twist""". She should have died with her sisters at he bottom of that ravine.
>>
>>92670034
It's not even in the theme song. Jack literally spouts that he needs to find a way back to the past to undo Aku in every 3rd episode at least.
>>
>>92671057
I really did wanna see samurai kids.
>>
File: 1483804234412.jpg (242KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1483804234412.jpg
242KB, 2048x1896px
>>92670727
When the cartoon has the potential to be a masterpiece yes, fucker, it hurts.
Imagine if Da Vinci half-assed the mona lisa and decided to paint her a boyfriend at the last minute, not even a well structured one, just a shitty doodle, it would never be remembered as the classic painting that it is today, that's Samurai Jack. But no, it's just painting bro, get over it.
>>
>>92671120
Doesn't mean he has to be 'right.' You can easily do a narrative justifying either end and Jack coming to terms with the consequences thereof. Up until Season 5 when nihilism and suicidal depression were literally driving him insane, Jack always sought to do the best for others to the best of his ability without hurting them to do it.
>>
>>92658195
I never was in denial or angry since I knew it wouldn't be good. The original wasn't that good so why would the revival suddenly be 10/10?
>>
>>92671160
>tfw no Famurai Jack

kill me
>>
>>92671344
>no wacky hijinks of Jack and Ashi juggling their baby while fighting a deadly Aku remnant cult bent on their destruction

Only if you promise to kill me too
>>
>>92671220
The Mona Lisa is a good painting but it's not 10/10, it's the most famous painting in the world because of the events around it being stolen. Just like jack is so hyped because it was a good show getting an ending after 10 years. the thing itself is nothing to cry over. You simply are not very good at filtering your emotions which isn't the fault of the writers.
>>
>>92671380
>No awkward ''meet the parents'' scenes where Jack tries to explain how they met
Pass the revolver senpai
>>
>>92671456
"Tell me, my son, how did you meet this charming young woman?"

"Well father, you see-"

"It all started when I was trying to kill him for the glory of Aku!"
>>
>>92671456
>No spaghetti-filled proposal scene where Jack has to explain the concept of marriage
Save a bullet for me, my nig.
>>
>>92670113

Isn't that literally what the "live in the saved future for all it's flaws" ending is?
>>
>>92658195
>Acceptance
The ending (though more bitter than sweet) is fine by me when I understand it's meaning visually. I'll always hate the poor man's TTGL. And if that wasn't there at all then I'd have been more satisfied with the ending. Even if Ashi deserved better than to just leave the story when she was no longer needed.
I'm sorta bargaining as well however for some from of alternative.
>>
>>92671512
What woman father?

I am alone
>>
File: yourself kill.jpg (31KB, 806x457px) Image search: [Google]
yourself kill.jpg
31KB, 806x457px
>>92671380
>>92671456
>>92671533
>Ashi will never be 8 months in, painting a nursery wall blue while Jack puts together a crib, the two of them laughing when a splatter of pain lands on her baby bump
>Ashi will never have a baby shower, unwrapping a gift from the Scotsman's daughters and getting excited about the tiny little kilt they gave her
>Jack and Ashi will never both wake up exhausted to the sound of the baby crying over the monitor, Ashi rolling over and whispering "your turn" while jack sighs, gives her a kiss, and crawls out of bed

Pass the bleach my dudes
>>
>>92671726
>Jack will never tell his child the tale of Momotaro
>Jack and Ashi will never receive their son/daughter back from a sleepover with Scotsghost and his daughters one day to find they've been "taught" to "play" the bagpipes and wish to give a concert
>>
>>92671006
you do know that (with the exception of those who were directly connected to aku like ashi) jack's allies still exists they just live in a timeline without aku
>>
>>92671914
>jack's allies still exists they just live in a timeline without aku

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>92658195
Skipped straight to acceptance. I wasn't blown away by it, or think it was particularly good, but I found it serviceable enough.
>>
File: rf aku pasha.gif (301KB, 1300x1165px) Image search: [Google]
rf aku pasha.gif
301KB, 1300x1165px
>when the samurai's misery is just right
>>
>>92671959
God, let's not have this argument again.
>>
>>92671255
>Doesn't mean he has to be 'right.'
He doesn't. But he doesn't make the choice, Ashi does.
>>
>>92658195
Eh it was all a bit off and weird at times but what can Gendy do about it
You can't start a project,cancel it,come back to it 13 years later and expect everything to be the same including your way of thinking
>>
File: ashi simon sez.png (586KB, 1274x722px) Image search: [Google]
ashi simon sez.png
586KB, 1274x722px
>watching e6
>can't get that stupid smile.dk song out of my head
>>
File: 1494808142287.png (33KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1494808142287.png
33KB, 499x499px
>>92658195
I'm at "not caring". I was never a Samurai Jack fan, so this doesn't sting me as much as it does certain people. I choose to remember Genndy by SBT
>>
>>92674818
>Someone saved my edit
>>
>>92676325
"Simon Sez" was the first thing I thought when I saw Ashi playing with that thing, so your edit got saved as soon as I noticed it.
>>
>>92658234
You expected too much.
>>
>>92658312
satisfied in the beginning here. I am satisfied of what I have seen.
>>
>>92658195

>I enjoyed the ride and the ending.

So many of y'all are tryhard wussfucks about this. It was a monster of the week show that we got a movie divided up into 10 episodes for.
>>
File: 1491001514551.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491001514551.gif
835KB, 500x375px
>>92658195
post yfw you're perfectly okay with the ending.
>>
I got so depressed about the ending that I started drinking right after and then got hammered.
>>
Ehhh I'd feel better if the ending wasn't a rip off from a Barbie movie....

http://splendoras.tumblr.com/post/161028871574/am-i-kicked-out-of-the-fandom-yet-while-i-was
>>
>>92658843
>>92668621
People really wanted an alternate universe where the past is saved but Jack chose to stay with all those he saved and got to know.
>>
File: the death of aku.png (552KB, 645x439px) Image search: [Google]
the death of aku.png
552KB, 645x439px
>>92658195
>Don't Give a Fuck
Samurai Jack is dead, let's just leave it that way. Stop hoping for more disappointment.
>>
>>92664811
That's denial.
>>92664859
The whole point of this season was to finish Jack's conflict with Aku. They dropped the ball on that, so everything else is pretty much pointless. Why even make a new season if you're going to fuck up the only part anyone really cares about?
>>
>>92665043
>The fight in the future wasn't enough?
No.
>What the fuck is wrong with all of you shitheads!?
We have standards?
>>
I've been trying to rationalize it. I never really liked Ashi, but I think she has more purpose than a deus ex machina. Jack made countless bonds and connections over his decade long travels, and he knows this is a future timeline. Ashi gives Jack a concrete connection to the future in being his love interest and shows that all he knew has been erased when she ceases to exist. She makes the consequences of his actions much more real by not only robbing him of love, but showing that all his friends will never exist either. Perhaps Jack would not have realized this if Ashi didn't disappear right in front of him. I'm probably going through mental gymnastics, but whatever. I wish Genndy would have got 13 episodes instead of 10.
>>
>>92665837
I don't care about any of that because the execution sucked. I felt nothing, not that I was given any time to feel anything, given how rushed this shitheap of an ending was.
>>
>>92668995
This. It fell flat on a lot of important fronts.
>>
File: Akus_Lament.png (620KB, 1344x2690px) Image search: [Google]
Akus_Lament.png
620KB, 1344x2690px
>>92669945
>If I could go back to the past to stop myself from seeing it, I would
WATCHA
>>
>>92670020
Nope, can't even enjoy that because of how poorly executed it was. Sorry, anon. You're a fool for accepting this drivel.
>>
>>92670370
So he gave up because he knew he could never deliver and instead tried to play it off as some artsy fartsy decision he knew from the start?

What a hack. What a Jewish hack.
>>
File: 543523423.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
543523423.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
who else here watching the rerun right now
>>
>>92671064
>Acceptance, but it's the sad kind
You know how your parents are disappointed in you? That's what I feel right now.
>>
File: end.jpg (136KB, 680x353px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
136KB, 680x353px
>>92677327
here
>>
>>92671064
>Maybe during the credits
What the fuck, why didn't they do this? Jesus Christ, fuck Genndy.
>>92671065
>What did Ashi offer?
A vagina. Except Jack didn't even get to third base because she poofed.
>>
>>92662785

The Gods could be busy redistributing all the souls from the future into a new timeline. Maybe she'll come back. The ladybug was no coincidence.
>>
>>92677327
I thought that was Saturday. Anyway, I'm not in the mood. Too tired and don't really care about watching this again.
>>
>>92677392
The Gods don't give a fuck and the ladybug was just a metaphor. Just let it go.
>>
>>92677438
Marathon of all 10 episodes is this saturday with a 0.0001% chance of an alternative ending to episode 10
>>
>Ashi disappears at the wedding instead of immediately like she's supposed to
>If Ashi never existed, then Jack never gets back to the past and causes a paradox
>Everybody in the past seem to be hunky dory with Jack marrying the spawn of Aku

>The most hastily written piece of shit I've ever seen

Anger, and only building stronger.
>>
>>92677460

>Let it go

I'm not mad over the ending, I'm just pointing out that it's pretty fucking open ended.
>>
>>92658195
somewhere between depression and acceptance. I havent felt this way in a long while.

>Goodnight sweet Ashi
>>
>>92677480
I might do it if I have time. Worse comes to worst I'll shitpost in chat.
>>
File: aku oh no.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
aku oh no.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
So what pissed you off the worst about the finale? For me it's how anti-climactic Aku's death was and the fact that it seems like Jack erased everyone from the future.

I mean holy fuck. The Birth of Evil, the first episode, Jack and the Zombies, and a handful of other really good Jack vs. Aku fights and for the finale, the big motherfucker, the end of the series and last time we'll see either of these characters, what kind of epic final battle are they going to treat us to?

Literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>92677599
Just everything.

The "all characters coming together united to defeat Aku" part was amazing, but everything went by so goddamn fast. You cannot fit all of this in 1 20 minute episode. This NEEDED to be at least an hour long special, or a 2 episode special.
>>
File: 1448923764776.jpg (29KB, 267x338px) Image search: [Google]
1448923764776.jpg
29KB, 267x338px
>>92658195

The way the series was going if he did actually go back to the past I kind of expected Ashi being half Aku to be the plot device that got him there.

That being said, I hated that they went the obvious route....and I hated it even MORE that they did the double take at the last second and killed her. I would have been fine with this bullcrap if she had just faded away with Aku but they straight up ripped the ending of TTGL and shoved it in my face for the second time.

I was hoping for some bullshit in the last few minutes of the episode where the gods gave her back to Jack as a reward for all of his deeds but nope....

If the entire train is going to be waifu bullshit then at least stay consistent, everything about the last 2 episodes felt so hollow. It was like someone casually walking past me and just flipping me off before walking away with nothing I could do about it.

tldr; I'm too mad to feel mad
>>
File: 1495474055946.jpg (41KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1495474055946.jpg
41KB, 680x1020px
>>92677504
I've seen that Ashi design a few times. It's neat. Perhaps how she looks when she comes back.
The black and maroon is a nice contrast to Jack's white and gold.
>>
>>92677504
I'm miss her too much
>>
>>92677758
>Season 6 follows Ashi in the aftermath of the battle of Aku and her trying to get back home, back to Jack
>>
>>92677678
>or a 2 episode special
Why couldn't Genndy prioritize a bit? Take the green horseman for example. A completely extraneous subplot that only served to reinforce Jack's suicidal guilt, which Sudoku Jack did just fine. Also completely pointless as it's resolved because Jack thought he killed kids who he didn't actually kill because Ashi saved them. You could have cut the whole fucking thing out, and just had Ashi chase after Jack after their little fireplace conversation, and then she meets all the people he helped, sees his impact, and realizes how much of an evil bastard Aku is. Then you've got a whole nother episode to finish off the series with.

It's amateurish. Where the fuck was the editor?
>>
>>92677682
>I was hoping for some bullshit in the last few minutes of the episode where the gods gave her back to Jack as a reward for all of his deeds but nope....
Honestly I'm glad they didn't because I actually started to hate Jack for wasting my time with this shit and wanted him to suffer. I shouldn't be feeling that towards a character I loved as a child.
>>
>>92677789
When her body is reincarnated it has to choose a soul so her good side and her evil side fight it out until one wins and gains control.
Of course, her good side wins so her first words are how happy she is to see Jack.
>>
>>92658195
I'm watching this HD remake of the old show theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T2fx6Ny_Bg
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5ARO37vOmA
>>
>>92677758
Its my favorite design ive seen of her so far. That one is good too. I really wish we could have seen her in the outfit before hand. Too bad we'll never see another SJ ep again
>>
File: 1433108301341.jpg (87KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1433108301341.jpg
87KB, 500x484px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEzuBgeiSnk
>>
File: 1493360332305.png (361KB, 1545x946px) Image search: [Google]
1493360332305.png
361KB, 1545x946px
>actually wanting more samurai shit after the death of the best character
>>
>>92677942

>Gods zap down Ashi as a favor to Jack
>They stare at eachother for what feels like hours
>"Oh yeah, one more thing"
>Gods zap down Dean Martin to set the mood
>>
>>92677970
>Doesn't even try to kill jack
>Lets his daughter do it
>lol no way this won't backfire at all lol
>best
>>
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0VvfjOnwYWK
>>
>>92678005

It was stupid but it was totally in character for him. If Aku was serious about killing Jack then Jack would have been dead years ago....all he wants to do is fuck with him and get off to his suffering.
>>
>>92678005
That was probably one of the few good parts of the episode. In fact, everything up until "i wub you" was fucking perfect. I guess that made the disappointment that much worse.
>>
>>92677938
I know but for every fanfic I read set after everything where Ashi has returned, that's the look I'm keeping in my mind.
The Odachi is really cool too even though I believe most female Samurai would take a Naginata.

>>92677994
How nice of them.
The Gods in Samurai Jack seem to be mostly uncaring but they did bring Jack back his sword (and saved him $20 by giving him a haircut/shave) but after Aku's defeat I could see them rewarding him, and Ashi, by bringing her back and freeing her of any connection to Aku. A tiny bit of meddling to ensure Jack is happy and has a powerful ally should the world ever need a champion again.
>>
>>92678158

>"Alright, we've finished redistributing the souls. All is as it should be."
>"Indeed. Should the Earth ever come under - wait, why does the Samurai look so sad?"
>"Oh fuck we accidentally put her into a ladybug"
>>
>>92678201
Ladybugs don't live that long, a year at most, so they'll get her back pretty quick.
>>
>>92678214

>Puts her soul in the body of a black woman
>"Actually my name is spelled with a 'y' now"
>>
>>92678201
>>92678214
If the ladybug was Aku this would have been a 10/10 ending.
>>
>>92678201
>Ashi put back in her body
>Jack sees her
>"Ashi, your...your..."
>"M-my what?"
>"Your hair."
>Onionhead has returned
>Ashi quickly tries to brush it down
>It springs right back up
>"Ugh. I need a bath to take care of this, maybe you can join me."
>Bedroom eyes
>"N-no. I will let you bathe on your own, I do not want to intrude."
>Ashi giggles "Some things never change. You're still cute when you get nervous."
>Ashi takes Jack's hand and leads him into where the tub is
>>
>>92678240
I'LL BE BACK AGAIN SAMURAI! YOU'LL SEE!
>>
>>92658219
>>92658234
im with this anons
>>
After watching the rerun, at the very end if you notice how Aku blinks during the part Aku is trapped inside the sword before Jack smashes it into the ground, notice how the ladybug blinks the same way at jack
>>
>not liking the ending of Samurai Jack
go back to plebbit
dude fulfilled his mission: undo the future that is Aku
everyone in the future knew that was his plan and they still didn't protest
Jack saved the goddamn universe
anyone who complains about Jack saving the universe is reddit/tumblr trash who cares more about their fee fees than Jack literally saving the fucking universe
>>
>>92678325

>Implying she doesnt just take him forcibly
>>
>The entire build up in Ashi wedding just to die was longer than the final Fight between Jack and Aku

BRAVO GENNDY
>>
>>92678452
She doesn't want to break him. Plus she may be weak herself after first coming back.
>>
>>92678479
Bittersweet endings were a mistake
>>
>>92665023
Where it gets even weirder is that there was actually planned to be a reboot movie released not long after EoE that told a completely different story. But it got canned. I don't know if any of the ideas they had for it made it into rebuild eventually or not, but it had weird stuff like Angels eating people and Eva pilots being surgically implanted into their Evas' uteruses rather than using an Entry Plug.
>>
>>92678201
>>92678214
Ladybugs live for four weeks from egg to adult.
>>
>>92677893
>all that wobbling
>>
>>92665023
>>92678553
That planned movie sounds weird as hell and that's saying something for Evangelion.
Also EoE really is the same points as the final two episodes of NGE but it takes things to a much more theatrical and impressive level. Instrumentality happens in both but in the series it's shown through the crude crayons drawings, the dreams, and all the character meeting up on the same plain at the end, in EoE it's shown through the world being destroyed and everyone taking the same form of fluid.
I think so many people say to skip the end of NGE and go straight to EoE that some miss how they are in essence the same messages and sequences but shown in two different ways.
>>
>>92678496

>Doesn't want to break him

Jack fulfilled his mission, now she must fulfill hers.
>>
If Ashi comes back free of Aku's influence do her sisters return as well?
Or do they just hand out in the afterlife and get a chance to repent there.
>>
>>92678798

The sisters return, pissed at Jack but don't really remember why.
>>
>>92678822
Hopefully Ashi talks them down. I wonder what they would end up doing with their lives since we never got even a hint about their personalities. Just find hobbies they enjoy and start doing them around the villages.
>>
>mum died like a bitch and didn't make a surprise return at the finale and tried to break Ashi

lame as shit
>>
>That awkward moment when the Emperor and Empress ask Jack and Ashi how they met
>>
>>92678852

>Sees Jack and Ashi rubbing noses together
>"I DON'T LIKE IT"
>>
>>92678325
>>92678452
>>92678496
>a thousand years have passed
>and I... faded away
>reality has lost its effect on me
>the gods restored my corporeal form in the past
>gotta get Jack...
>jack in the sack...
>to cum on my back...
>SAMURAI JACK
>>
>>92670466
who is he?
>>
>>92670857
>Tfw you've had some bad shit happen too and lost love before and made peace with the events of your life that shook you so you relate to the ending and appreciate Genndy's message.

Where were you when you realized we were all projecting?
>>
>>92678993

>Tfw you were depressed for months before watching this and seeing Jack smile despite his situation made you feel much better than you have in a long time
>>
>>92678909
>The other sisters are watching Jack and Ashi sitting together under a tree, cuddling and occasionally pecking each others lips
>"The two of them make me sick."
>The others nod in agreement
>One mimics sticking her finger down her throat and hurling
>Ashi notices her siblings "They're just jealous. Too bad for them there's NO way I am sharing."
>>
>>92678937
Shaggyfag was a legendary poster that said (Ja)Ashi was going to ruin the series and that Genndy is a hack who can't write worth a shit. Triggered the fuck out of /co/ because he was right, and then got banned.
>>
>>92679019

>Ashi sticks Jack's finger down her throat in response
>>
>>92679067
>that moment when you realize that Shaggyfag died just like Ashi did
>gone forever but his actions shaped the board as we know it

True poetic shitpost-kino
>>
>>92679088
That sounds most unpleasant.
>>
File: AMAZING.png (530KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING.png
530KB, 750x937px
>>92679149
>shitpost-kino
10/10

>tfw Shaggyfag shitposting had more character development and more of an emotional impact than Ashi
>>
>>92679088
>she vomits on him
>her sisters finally get fed up and leave them alone
>>
>>92658195
I'm satisfied considering he literally undid the future that was Aku. On that note I wouldn't mind seeing a scenario in which Jack is still ageless and lives on into the future to see what it turns out to be like.
>>
>>92659939
Yes. The Martyrdom Ending is a pretty old concept.
>>
>>92679192
>>92679212

Even better.

>Ashi's attempts to be sexy wind up awkward
>>
>>92678419
Pfft, I wish.
>>
>>92679354
Anyone pretending that Jack and Ashi wouldn't be the most adorably awkward, spaghetti-spilling couple on the planet were not watching the show. That's part of why they're so great together.
>>
>>92678451
It's a cartoon. I don't care what he does if the execution is shit.
>>92678479
Ashi was a mistake. I see that now.
>>92678798
Yeah, what about the Aku inside of them? Jack didn't kill them with the sword, so it should still be alive.
>>
>>92679422
>so it should still be alive
At least until Jack kills Aku in the past before he could ever create the daughters.
>>
>>92679400

>"Now let's get that robe off."
>"Actually, it's a g-
>"QUIET FOOL"
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance.
I expected more but at least we got a fucking ending. Jack got back to the fucking past. Ultimately, that's all that matters to me.
There's no point in whining about it.
>>
>>92679400
Agreed.

>>92679422
Ashi was not a mistake, what they ended up doing with her was. A disservice to her, to Jack, and the season as a whole since it leaves a lot more questions than it answers.
As for the Aku inside the sisters, it could be removed by the gods if they're the ones resurrecting them but I think that's a stretch.
They may have to face an internal battle and just decide for themselves what path they wish to take. Ashi changing sides and following Jack was her own choice.

Also one thing I thought of was to what extent is Aku their "father"? Did the priestess drinking Aku's matter impregnate her, or did she drink it and then get impregnated by another human and Aku's influence carried into the children? If it's the second one then the sisters do have human parents and could theoretically exist without Aku's influence. But that may be a stretch and arguing a point we simply have no info about.
>>
>>92669903
GENNEDY WHERE ARE YOU
>>
>>92679484
I don't know why but people rp as jack and ashi from explaining sex to the most mundane things bring a smile to my face
>>
>>92679733

Shit's just funny my nigga
>>
>>92658195
It left me confused. I don't know what to feel.
>>
>>92679750
True true carnal, it's a hell of a lot better then get vanishing to nothing I suppose
>>
>>92679800

>Ashi and Jack get back to the past
>Jack unleashes 50 years of cum
>Ashi longs for this feeling again
>Willfully passes away so that when they are reunited she can once more feel the pleasure
>>
>>92679015
Aye laddie.
>>
I will never understand how people got so attached to Ashi. She's not a remotely engaging character.
>>
>>92680356
So then you also fail to understand how anyone could get attached to Jack?
>>
>>92680392
Jack has a lot more going for him than Ashi does, especially during S5. But, no, he's not a very engaging character either. The eclectic supporting cast has always been more interesting.
>>
>>92680356

I'm not so much attached to Ashi as I am attached to Jack. Jack brought me happiness as a kid and even though he's not real it's nice to see him get a send off.
>>
>>92680356
m-muh qt waifu
>>
>>92658195
>all these people getting sad over that ending
Don't play Nier Automata then, jeez. You'd probably commit suicide.
>>
>>92680356
It's more about how jack still doesn't really get a happy ending despite "X" years of misery.

Sure, he gets what he wanted, but at the cost of something he wanted even more.
>>
>>92658195
I liked it. It wasn't anything special, but what do you expect when the whole point of the show is "Beat Aku, go back to the past"? I would like to know what happens to all the friends he would have made in the future though. All of them just ceasing to exist is kind of a bummer. Can CELTIC MAGICK beat time itself?
>>
File: bittersweet.jpg (76KB, 892x375px) Image search: [Google]
bittersweet.jpg
76KB, 892x375px
I'm still mad
I will always be mad.
On my death bed I will be mad.
When the seas heat up and the world falls into global catastrophe I will still be fucking mad.
In the afterlife, when I get to the gates of Heaven, St. Peter and his angels will ask me "Are you still mad about Episode CI?" My answer will be yes.
When the race of man is no more and the ruins of man's cities have crumbled into dust, I will still be mad.
Ancient alien civilizations will find the smoldering, volcanic corpse of planet Earth and decode the secrets of the ancient "internet" and they will find this post and so my eternal anger will be brought forth into the far-flung reaches of outer space.
When the last tiny flash of heat in the universe dies and all descends into entropy, my hatred will remain.

I'm still so fucking mad I took the time to write this stupid fucking post and I'm not the slightest bit less mad. I fucking hate you Genndy.
>>
>>92665837
>All this stuff about Ashi
She was just a portal.
Just a hole to be used.
>>
File: sdasdasda.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sdasdasda.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Acceptance since second 1.

I have a feeling it would end similar even if gennedy had a theatrical movie but just without ashi/timeskip.

My theory he would just eventually defeat the guardian and go through his time portal and end aku there.

I also dont get why people are saying "Hurr durr he killed all his friends", jacks goal was to go back in the beginning, this leads to a better future which is for the best.
>>
Be happy. There are always parallel worlds one with Ashi alive. Another parallel world with Aku alive.
>>
>>92681661
Why the fuck does she always look like a monkey from the side?
>>
File: ashitree.png (250KB, 625x340px) Image search: [Google]
ashitree.png
250KB, 625x340px
>>92681695
I dont know how does the scottsman have so many daughters that are like 20 at best despite being like 80 when he died?
>>
File: f4od3153dvcx.jpg (84KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
f4od3153dvcx.jpg
84KB, 500x484px
>>92658195
I used to be
>Depression
but I learned the
>Acceptance
the moment I realised that I live because death takes more effort.
>>
File: 1495292212421.png (275KB, 840x594px) Image search: [Google]
1495292212421.png
275KB, 840x594px
>>92680392
>actual well developed main character vs blatantly shoehorned love interest
I wonder.
>>
>>92681732
CELTIC MAJJYCK
>>
>>92681695
It's a caricature of a japanese female facial structure. Why does Jack look like a square? why does Scotsman look like a walrus head on top of two abnormally proportioned spheres?
>>
>>92681791
Name any permanent development that Jack went through in the original show, outside of the premise/pilot episode
>>
>>92681837
>>92681791
btw development adressed in season 5 does not count
>>
File: SJTIMELINE-01.png (226KB, 7325x4135px) Image search: [Google]
SJTIMELINE-01.png
226KB, 7325x4135px
>>92667859
I made a new one because I thought the other one was rather ugly. Enjoy my half-assedness
>>
>>92681856
I... I didn't check the size before posting. Oh well.
>>
>>92681791
Jack and Ashi had the same development. The only difference was we knew Jack for much longer.
>>
>>92681907
other difference being Jack went 4 seasons without development, Ashi went through development from the second she was put on screen to the second it was all undone for a cheap gutpunch
>>
>>92681958
That was my point. The first four season Jack remained mostly unchanged because the focus was on his journey.
The fifth season made the bold change to shift the focus more onto the characters. Considering Jack and Ashi start character development at the same point and they come off more or less even, having gone through similar struggles as well as ones unique to them.

I think a lot of the hatred Ashi gets in undeserved and misguided, because it would also apply to Jack as well.
>>
>>92681661
>My theory he would just eventually defeat the guardian and go through his time portal and end aku there

The Guardian literally never mattered. Get over it fags.
>>
File: ashipoll.png (22KB, 972x256px) Image search: [Google]
ashipoll.png
22KB, 972x256px
>>92681988
>I think a lot of the hatred Ashi gets in undeserved and misguided
It's just a really loud minority with shitposters mixed in, the ending however is actually splitting the base
http://www.strawpoll.me/13027393/r
http://www.strawpoll.me/13027207/r
Idk which you'd find more accurate

Also the ashi poll if you don't believe the cap
http://www.strawpoll.me/12982841/r
>>
>>92678201
>"Oh fuck we accidentally put her into a ladybug"
>they all try to figure out who's to blame
>meanwhile Zeus just sits in the corner giggling like a shithead
>>
>>92682048
>all this talk over "if aku doesn't exist anymore, Ashi can't either because her father never helped conceive her"
>lacking in a father for Ashi to pair with her human mother
>zeus is canon
>gods owe Jack a solid
OH BOY
>>
I accept but I'm slightly depressed/angry at the shit pacing and action and making jack lose something that was done in such a shit fashion.
>>92680569
Nier at least set you up for it, plus better character writing than S5.
>>
>>92658195
>muh meme scale created by a dumb Swiss whore
Psychiatry is not and never will be a science.
>>
>>92682116
That makes a surprising amount of of sense.
Maybe Zeus even took the form of Aku and approached the priestess.
>>
>>92678240
>Ashi survives the time travel
>They marry and become a happy couple
>They recreate the final scene to search for the first tree that Jack showed Ashi
>Scene plays out and the ladybug arrives
>It served as a reminder that Aku may be dead, but evil still lurks the world
>Jack stares into the horizon. You know, "the" Samurai stare
>Ashi turns and looks at him in the eye
>They're on the same vibe
>"So... What do we do now?"
>"What we were born to do"
>They set off on horse, towards the horizon, to travel the world again, rediscovering it this time, and keep their duty of ridding the world of evil.
>WACHA
>>
>>92680569
What are you talking about? that game ends with a character deciding that the "original" ending is too sad and asks the player to help him retcon it to a happy ending
>>
>>92682224
Wouldn't need to, if Aku doesn't exist, why would she worship him?
>>
>>92681837
He could've had interesting development if he chose not to go back to the past, but oh well.
>>
>>92682303
Oh yeah. Well maybe Zeus did it just for shits n giggles.
I mean he had sex with a woman while he was in the form of a goose, the guy's pretty clearly crazy.
>>
File: cambodian-woman.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cambodian-woman.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>92681695
Indochinese and Asian woman in general have heads that protrude a little further than the forehead.
>>
>>92658195
Im calling this bullshit the same shit i called it 10 years ago!

GARBAGE!

It was Garbage when Gainax did it with Gurren Lagann, its Garbage here.
>>
File: yRGiBGT.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yRGiBGT.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
It still hurts. Genndy you sick bastard
>>
>>92682320
Yeah, interesting development with all of his dead friends and universe dominated by Aku.

There's so much keeping him there, wow
>>
File: 1449089118648.png (327KB, 626x502px) Image search: [Google]
1449089118648.png
327KB, 626x502px
>>92658195
>acceptance
I`m just glad my favorite show in the last decade has a conclusion.
It was never gonna live up to the hype, and despite having hope after the first 2 episodes, i`m glad i didn`t set my expectations high enough to start spouting "western animation will finally change after this show"

it was a fun ride and a somber end to the samurai
>>
Ashi seemed to enjoy the techno music and dancing, too bad there's none of that in the past.
>>
>>92658195
I never really cared that much so I jumped right over into acceptance. It also helped that I saw a shitty ending coming the moment the last episode started.
>>
i wish guardian killed aku and then fought against jack while scotsman kept saying insults in the background.
>>
>>92677327
>I thought I can quit watching the show and focus on something new entirely
>but I couldn't stop rewatching the clips of this show
boy I was wrong.
>>
File: download (1).png (112KB, 1008x837px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
112KB, 1008x837px
I kinda hope Zone animates a fan ending

I guess I'll settle for porn though
>>
Wait why are some people saying Jack is immortal?

He's back in the correct time. Shouldn't he age naturally now?
>>
>>92682701
no one know anything about anything, because we were given a satisfying, bittersweet closure
>>
>>92682718
>satisfying, bittersweet closure
The ending was neither of those things.
>>
>>92682701
It's a good thing it was addressed among the many other glaring paradoxical plot holes in the ending right?
>>92682687
If anyone will, it's zone, her poor heart is aching over the ending
>>
>>92682687
I wish an animator would take up a fan ending and maybe even convince the VAs to contribute. Or finding Anons with similar voices.
>>
>>92682750
What plot holes?

please don't say "how could he have ever gone to the future if it got erased?"
>>
>>92658195
Acceptance. The first four seasons are still great, and season 5 at least has some good episodes despite a lame end.
>>
>>92682841
How could he have come back to the past to kill aku if Ashi never existed?
>>
File: samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg (2MB, 4850x1940px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg
2MB, 4850x1940px
>>92658195
>>
>>92682867
Unfortunately it's difficult to look past a poorly done ending since it's the last thing you see of that world and the characters.
Even if the rest of the show is great and even the fifth season has some good moments, a lackluster finale can mar the overall show.
Samurai Jack is still a fantastic series but the ending could have been handled a lot better.
>>
>>92682867
I don't know how you can separate the two.
I loved every second Ashi was on screen, especially in episode 8, but now I can't watch any of it without getting really upset and angry.
even the kiss scene, which brought me some of the greatest joy I've felt for a show in a years, is now tainted for me.
>>
>>92683057
Just gotta get a headcanon that solves the issue. Call it delusion or denial but it works.
>>
>>92682868
Pretty much the same question man.

It's like asking
>How could he have hypothetically used any other time portal when there's a good chance they would either not exist either or be in some different state.

You just gotta accept that is how time travel works in SJ.
>>
>>92682750
>her
>>
>>92683113
Not really easy when my friends constantly taunt me about Ashi's fate
>>
>>92683115
It's easier to accept that kinda shit when it leads to a more cheerful ending.
>>
>>92659939
That's the point.

The future was a world of suffering. Jack prevented all those people from ever suffering, so even though their world was erased, all existence gets a much better redo
>>
>>92682991
I think Jack is rare in that seasons 1-4 were all we had for a decade, so it's easy for me to separate from 5 due to 5 altering the art style so much. Now yes, the ending did leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I've had enough time to appreciate the first 52 episodes to not be too upset.

>>92683057
Episodes 1-3 were so damn good that I can still appreciate them. 4 and 5 were solid as well, though they definitely get tainted by the ending.

Episode 6 is where the season went off the rails for me.
>Ominous spirit is shown looming over Jack
>Jack seems to know it, yet feels so scared of it at the same time
>Turns out it's just a spoopy ghost to punch
>>
>>92682991
So much this! I fuckin love the show and I love season 5. But that fuckin ending is making it really hard for me to wanna go back and rewatch any of it now.
>>
>>92683176
I don't really feel like retyping the same shit all over again
>ctrl+f: afterlife
>>
>>92659939
I don't think he minds the lack of the technology. He liked doing old fashioned shit. If he'll miss anything it'll probably be the ease of communication (and not like he used that too often)
>>
>>92658195
Satisfaction.
The ending was great.
>>
File: 1428267415482.jpg (110KB, 520x810px) Image search: [Google]
1428267415482.jpg
110KB, 520x810px
>>92683137
That sucks. But we're your friends and we want you to know she comes back and she and Jack are happy.
There's multiple ways to bring her back (Diving intervention, Jack using existing portals, them reuniting in the afterlife, etc.) but only one way to keep her away.
>>
>>92682191
This to be quite honest family.
>>
File: jashizone.jpg (56KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
jashizone.jpg
56KB, 1200x675px
>>92683318
Thanks anon, you genuinely just made a positive influence on my mood which has been really shit for about a week and a half. have a cute Jashi
>>
I'm not saying I need a happy ending, but no one deserved it more than Jack. He's the closest thing to a perfect hero I've seen that's still related able.
>>
>>92683318

Jack needs to find those monks that made his sword and ask if they can do anything.
>>
>>92683389
What about Ashi? Do you think she deserved a happy ending?
>>
>>92682687
>>92682750
>>92682779

As long as the animator is capable of reproducing Genndy's style for it, you should be good.
Best of all, you don't need any VA's for this, just roll the music over the rest of the wedding and an after shot. dialogue at this point is rather superfluous, and the exposition was atrocious (or get a closing "I love you" out of Ashi if you are feeling like diabetes).

Because really, this whole thing needs the simplest and most straightforward fix of simply letting Ashi exist and finish the damn marriage. That's what, extra 30 seconds of animation, plus them sitting under the tree if you are feeling fancy?
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (16KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
16KB, 300x226px
/co/ would've considered it a 10/10 ending if only there had been some apparitions or something validating that the future was still with him in spirit.
>>
>>92683413
Ashi dying knocked 3 points off immediately for me, regardless of any other circumstances.
>>
>>92683413
You know, there was already a bittersweet element to it when we saw Jack's friends get mauled by Aku, but their sacrifice gave him time to go back. Ashi's death detracted from that and made it more about Jack than the world around him.
Even the ladybug was more about her than the friends and the future that was undone. If anything, the bittersweet ending was undermined by her death because it ruined the balance and completely disregarded everything other than the love pairing.
>>
>>92683369
You know you did something special when you got Zone to draw something to loving. Jashi may be a little rushed with the development in the show, but it certainly is nice.

>>92683398
The monks are another possibility.

>>92683408
They both deserve it. Jack's happy ending now involves having found love so a part of his happiness stems from Ashi being happy (and vice versa).
>>
>>92683413
My problem has nothing to do with Jack rewriting history, because that was the whole point of the show, and anyone mad at that never actually watched the series beyond season 5. What I didn't like is how rushed the transition was, and then at the very end Genndy just tosses away something he obsessively built up in order to make thw ending sad for no reason. It was so weak that the last line of the series is exposition.
>>
>>92683408

I would have been ok if she wasn't in the series to be honest, we didn't need a girl sidekick form Jack taking away the screen time. There's NO WAY she could have been developed properly in one season, so I don't know why they bothered.
>>
>>92683461
Even something like Jack saying to Ashi "It is going to take some time to get used to being back here. You know, I am going to miss some of the comrades I met along the way." and her to reassure him with "I'm sure they're doing fine and enjoying peaceful lives." coupled with a few still images to give hints to what the new future is like would have gone a long way.
>>
>>92683472
Well, if it was a guy or no one at all, jack gay memes would be everywere by now.
>>
>>92658195
I guess around acceptance but perhaps still bitter.
There were many flaws I was ok with but the last bit really irritated me and seemed so unnecessary.
My overall opinion of season five has turned bad.

I liked the final battle with all of jacks friends
I liked seeing jack use a variety of weapons and scavenging+using his wits
I liked the mystery behind the green samurai before he was revealed to be dust on the lens and blown off/swamp gas/a scooby villain.

everything else was rushed, angsty and/or just felt unfinished(looking at you tea scene).
it was overall passable as a closer until they forced a sad end for no reason other than to appear mature(maybe?)
all the other stuff we could have gotten or the existing things that needed fleshing out were pushed aside for a romance plot they abort in the last few minutes of the series.

I'm done now and accept that it is what it is, move on and find something else to get your hopes up again.(castlevania on netflix)
>>
>>92658843
kill aku in the future.
go into his past timeline and kill that aku.
future timeline lives on and recovers from aku's tyranny and past timeline rebuilds as well.

alternatively, after killing aku in the past it shows the future with all it's characters but in an Aku free, beautiful world that aliens found and joined naturally instead of being given free reign to murderape.
hell, scotsman could be friends with one of jacks descendants, with a one off quip about the laddie looking familiar/wearing a dress.
>>
>>92664476
What I've been saying.
they went and rushed everything to make room for a romance that had no payoff.
>cut that, we need to make room for Ashi
>just have jack get hit by a clothes beam and a tea metaphor, we need more room for Ashi
>finally, cut that
>but that IS Ashi
>I'm a genius, I know.
>>
>>92683398
>monks that made his sword
I thought the gods did
>>
>>92683663
Perhaps Jack and Ashi would have some kind of following in the future as well as sort of mythological figures.
If Jack's family line continues then one of his distant relatives could run into the Scotsman or other people Jack once knew.
It is an interesting thought.
>>
I kinda wish for some ending episode/short showing all the characters in new timeline. You know, like Scotsman drinking with his fellow clansmen or civilised Monkey-man discovering the tribe of jumping monkeys
>>
>>92677758
I just don't really see Ashi using a greatsword. Then again, I didn't see her using half the weapons she ended up using.
>>
>>92658195
OP here

HO LEE FUK

400 replies

I'm still at bargaining ;_;
>>
File: rf aku topper kek.png (252KB, 610x601px) Image search: [Google]
rf aku topper kek.png
252KB, 610x601px
>>92678936
>>
>>92658195
>Ashi wakes up in Aku less future
>Sets out trying to get back
>Goes to Guardian Portal which is still there since Aku never destroyed it

>Only one man can use this portal, but you aint a man go right ahead

>Jack wakes up with Ashi in his arms

>Everybody loves somebody....
>>
>>92669903
this
>>
File: scotsman ghost.png (224KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
scotsman ghost.png
224KB, 720x540px
>>92681732
>AYE YOU THINK YER SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAD HAVIN SEVEN DAUGHTERS AT ONCE?

>ME WIFEY DID THAT TONS O'TIMES! OH, TONS!
>>
>>92681732
You... you are aware how this type of thing works for men, right? If not, you shouldn't be on 4chan.
>>92684439
Fuck it, I can literally imagine him saying that.
>>
400th reply!
>>
>>92684477
This post is not a quality contribution.
>>
File: 1483035738953.gif (923KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483035738953.gif
923KB, 480x360px
>>92658312
Put me down for satisfied. I'm genuinely surprised this many people are upset about the ending.
>>
>>92681732
Assuming he was around forty or fifty when we first met 'em (dude was bald and broken-toothed), he could've realized he was getting on in years and started shaggin after he stopped hanging out with Jack.
>>
>>92684616
Or he had daughters already when he met Jack and had more later. We know nothing of his family.
>>
>>92679354
They'd probably work on Jack anyway

>But still, very good!
>>
>>92683408
As much as Jack. The futurebros, too, come to think of it.
>>
File: 1495613475297.png (3MB, 960x6480px) Image search: [Google]
1495613475297.png
3MB, 960x6480px
I feel like we really missed out not getting to see the Jack/Ashi/Scotsman dynamic.

>Scotsman constantly trying to catch Ashi doing something evil, phasing through walls and screaming "A-HA!"
>Scotty and Ashi yelling insults at each other in never-ending chains while jack sits there with his eyes closed, calmly drinking tea
>Scotsman crying so loudly at the wedding that the ceremony is interrupted
>Scotsman being the only one to be able to tolerate Jack and Ashi being saccharine, since it reminds him of him and his wife
>Scotsman being the crazy, bad influence uncle to their kids
>>
>>92684876
>Scotsman giving Jack confusing romantic advice

>"NOW BEFORE YE GO TO TOWN WITH YOUR SWORD LAD, MAKE SURE YOU EAT HER HAGGIS, AS IT WERE."

>"...I am very confused. Ashi does not make haggis. And I do not understand how my sword comes into this."

>"...YER HOPELESS, JACK. I'M NEVER GETTING GODCHILDREN, AM I?"
>>
>>92685387
I think it would be funny to see Ashi adapt to the past and the Japanese culture. For all intents and purposes she was raised almost feral, although quickly caught on to things, but I can imagine things like chopsticks baffling her.
>>
>>92685522
>just spears items with a single stick
>>
>>92658195
I avoided this show. So I caught up now that it's over.
I'm in depression.
But I'm always in depression.
>>
>>92685568
Damn, I'd write something about this but got no time now...
>>
File: Jack.png (315KB, 670x387px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.png
315KB, 670x387px
>>92658195
Acceptance, It was a good enough ending and at least we got an ending
>>
>>92685568
>was expected to kill any meat they got as kids

>vocally confused that someone already killed the meal she's been given
>>
>>92682867
But the ending is all anyone really wanted.
>>
>>92686465
>good ending is what anyone ever wanted
FTFY
>>
File: Scotsman_3.png (237KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Scotsman_3.png
237KB, 720x540px
>>92685387
>"SO HOW DID IT GO LADDIE?"

>"Not so good, I think."

>"WOT? YE DIDN'T USE YOUR TEETH, DID YE? I WARNED-"

"No, no. I did as you said, but she started screaming. I tried to stop, but she told me to keep going and crushed my head between her thighs. I passed out at some point. What did I do wrong?"

>"JACKIE BOY, FOR A MAN THAT'S LIVED SEVENTY-ODD YEARS, YE REALLY DINNAE KNOW MUCH."

>"...My ears are still ringing."
>>
File: 1494826865012.jpg (12KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494826865012.jpg
12KB, 235x235px
>>92687079
DELET THIS
>>
>>92658195
King Jack of the Future
>>
>>92687144
But why though
>>
>>92687497
This is one time I feel like a pairing should not be made lewd. Even Zone was tame and cutesy about it.
They are pure and innocent in their love and whatever happens between them is not up to us to know or see.
>>
>>92687547
I suppose you have a point.
>>
>>92687705
Counter argument
After that ending anything at the end doesn't exist but we are left with a hold in our minds. So if we fill it with stuff like this we can finally accept the ending and have a good feeling at the end of this dark tunnel
>>
File: 1490889326153.png (35KB, 516x603px) Image search: [Google]
1490889326153.png
35KB, 516x603px
>>92687926
As long as it's in character.

I wonder if setptuplets run in the family, or if that was just an Aku jizz thing?

Would Jack have an army of sons?
>>
>>92688006
Exactly, as long as it's in character and not like that zone porn it's acceptable. I've jerked off to some cartoons but not ashi because I actually see her as a person and not a walking pair of tits. It's too pure to corrupt with porn desu
>>
>>92687926
Yes, but life interactions, especially for someone so alien to the ancient Japanese culture such as Ashi, would be far more interesting than the routine fapfics. I mean, they didn't need much instructing when they went to kiss, so I trust them to have that covered and I don't mind leaving it as an unknown between lovers.
>>
I'm just in it for the jokes about being naive and dorky. As to the matter of customs, I imagine that even Jack had been away long enough that he's picked up some uncouth habits. His tea ceremony leaves something to be desired.
>>
File: 4b4.jpg (43KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
4b4.jpg
43KB, 500x503px
>>92688087
>try to go to /aco/ to find some good SJ smut to wank off to
>leave and turn off the computer to cry myself to sleep
I can't do it either, it's too painful
>>
>>92688211
Earlier in some other thread I was talking about how I like it when people rp as Jack and ashi because it's warming wether it be something mundane as chop sticks or them rp as the foolish samurai vs the assassin
>>
>>92688087
>I actually see her as a person
She's just a portal.
>>
File: 1490324248604.png (143KB, 984x659px) Image search: [Google]
1490324248604.png
143KB, 984x659px
>>92688087
I actually see where you're coming from. When you 'know' characters and like them, hardcore porn seems...voyeuristic. Unless it's played for laughs.
>>
>>92688548
They had a thread going that was like 50% gushing until the finale, when everyone was too dejected to even post porn.
>>
>>92688588
Are you just a human body? Don't you have any redeeming qualities besides working at work?
>>
>>92688548
>that pic

a-at least Ashi is in the after life together with all her sisters again....
>>
>>92688548
It's not that's it painful but because ashi is pure and I'd rather have her stay that way. It's like your first love matter how bad it was you'll always see it as something pure. That's why people in relationships always bring up how they met, it portrays them as two pure people meeting and finding each other
>>
>>92688658
>Don't you have any redeeming qualities besides working at work?
No?
>>
>>92688748
>afterlife
Actually if the ending stays at it is, she just simply doesn't exist. No soul, no afterlife, just nothing
>>
>>92688775
So all you do is work? You don't go out or better yourself? You should try it bro it'll open your eyes to different things
>>
File: 1491438441838.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1491438441838.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>92688793
STOP
>>
>>92688793
Seems unlikely considering the ladybug.
>>
File: goodbye-jack-2.gif (3MB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goodbye-jack-2.gif
3MB, 1400x1000px
>>92688861
:^(
>>
>No epic-length Scotsdaughter insults for Ashi

AS useless and gratuitous as it would have been, it would have been funny.
>>
>>92688810
I get better at my work.

But my work won't necessarily kill me, nor will it alter the course of history forever.

I wasn't born to die for a certain cause, and raised to be a soulless creature devoted to it.

Ashi's brief life shifted from being an assassin with one purpose, to being Jack's final portal, and from the very beginning of the narrative, she existed to be a portal.

Don't fall in love with portals.
Or entrepreneurs.
>>
>>92689429
Sucks to have one purpose in life and to achieve it you lose everything, also story on the last bit
>>
>>92689542
Some people are married to their work. If you try to get into a relationship with them, you'll always be second. A very far second.
>>
>>92689601
Sorry to hear that lad. One day you'll find someone worth it. I'mnot trying to sound like pol but it's better if she's not black trust me. Get you a British chick from Brighton. Make sure she's not retarded though and by that I mean she's not easily influenced by her peers and kinda clingy
>>
>>92688087
>not ashi because I actually see her as a person
While I don't particularly see her as a "person" (mostly because she didn't get jackshit for characterization), I see her as the source of Jack's happiness, which makes porn awkward for me as well.
>>
>>92689264
What would it even be?
>>
>>92688087
Zone drew a cute pic of them though, maybe he can do tender.
>>
>>92689989
YA LEAF WEARIN'
>>
>>92690013
I would be absolutely floored if Zone managed to make an actual tender "making love" scene instead of the "near emotionless fucking" scene we're all expecting from him.
>>
>>92690044
SCRAWNY TWIGGIN'
>>
>>92690175
MAMA KILLIN'
>>
>>92689924
Happiness that pure for me is considered human in the sense she wasn't just there as a walking pair of tits buy as a source of joy for someone. We actual humans Rarely get that now a days so we emulate it to a cartoon character. That's why people were mad that she disappeared she was the only pure thing they have seen in a long time
>>
File: 18sd.png (974KB, 329x2262px) Image search: [Google]
18sd.png
974KB, 329x2262px
>>
>>92688087
>zone loop of jack faceraping ashi is high quality
>do not enjoy it because Jack would never do that
The only part I like is the final loop where she grins and asks for more, because it implies roleplaying
>>
File: hall12-aku.jpg (27KB, 502x371px) Image search: [Google]
hall12-aku.jpg
27KB, 502x371px
>>92690457
you piece of shit
>>
>>92682516
>dead friends

you mean his immortal celtic magic friend and his cute gf, as well as the fucking army he commanded?

>universe dominated aku

yeah im sure Aku was going to be there forever when he was about to die in the final battle.
>>
File: comic ashi gi.jpg (628KB, 1080x3612px) Image search: [Google]
comic ashi gi.jpg
628KB, 1080x3612px
Fellow Jashi trash! I come bearing a gift!
>>
>>92690457
DELET
>>
>>92659092
>It was an awful season

Oh gee, I sure do respect your dumbass opinion.
>>
>>92689989
>*ME* MOVE? DINNAE Y'EVER THINK I MIGHT BE GOING SOMEWHERE IMPORTANT? NOOOO? WELL, THAT'S JUST IT, YER RUDE. NOW WHY DON'T YE TURN AROUND AND GO BACK TH'WAY YE CAME, YA SQUIRT-SIZED, LEAF-WEARIN', MOUSY-FACED, SHOELESS, BASKET-FACE, PLOOKIE, SOY-FACED, MILK-DRINKIN, GIRLY-SLAPPIN-
>>
>>92691325
>we never got Ashi and one of the Scotsman's daughters having a bridge argument in a recreation of the original scene
STOP MAKING ME REALIZE HOW MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES THERE WERE THIS SEASON
>>
File: comic jack kid.jpg (378KB, 1280x2316px) Image search: [Google]
comic jack kid.jpg
378KB, 1280x2316px
Jack wearing a normal shirt just looks weird.
>>
>>92691381
To be completely fair, there was never gonna be room for that sort of thing, not in one season, especially not a 10-episode one.
>>
>>92684555
I'm also genuinely surprised at the outrage. I really enjoyed this last season of Samurai Jack, and the salt from online is just bonus fun.
>>
File: steelchairashi.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
steelchairashi.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>92691912
The outrage is pretty centered around pic related, people who hate her are pissed that she "took over the show".
People who love her are pissed that she got shafted out of a happy ending last second
>>
Long ago in a distant land, Aku, the shape-shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a brave samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose him. With help from his allies and blessing from deities, he was able defeat this ancient evil once and for all. Through years of hard work, the past has been built with hopes never encounter a foe such as Aku again. Now the heroes must always be alert for the present to lead the way into the better and brighter future...
>>
The ending to the new samurai jack season was Eragon/fanfiction levels of bad. I've never seen such a meteoric fall in quality in a show. It depressed and disgusted me on a fundamental level.
>>
Long ago in a distant land, Aku, the shape-shifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a brave samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose him. With help from his allies and blessing from deities, he was able defeat this ancient evil once and for all. Through years of hard work, the past has been built with hopes never to encounter a foe such as Aku again. Now the heroes must always be alert for the present to lead the way into the better and brighter future...
>>
>>92692698
I mean, as admitted Jashi trash and someone who enjoyed the relationship and general dynamic, I'm ALSO annoyed that the ending omits any sort of explanation as to what happened to the people of the future, or how Jack reacted to them.
>>
Ok, I've thought it over and I've decided that I'm just gonna reject the reality of the finale and substitute my own. I've tried to appreciate the ending for what it is but there's just do damn much wrong with it for me. So I guess I made it past acceptance and somehow made it back around to denial?
>>
>>92692698
Ah yeah, I mean, she stopped being fun for me as soon as she stopped trying to kill Jack. It was stupidly fun to watch her dumb ass try to BTFO Jack and he was just like "No" all the time. I hate that episode 8 was wasted on filler instead of advancing the plot desu, but overall, I enjoyed the season.
>>
>>92658195
I'm disappointed at most of it. I don't dislike the idea of Ashi, but there just wasn't enough time to develop it. I get what Genndy was going for with the ending, but it just fell entirely flat. There wasn't enough time in 10 episodes to build that romance and tragedy up in a believable way. Ashi's lack of reaction to her sisters, Jack's lack of introspection about that too, Ashi's lack of truly reconciling her past, Jack even KNOWING anything about Ashi's past, it just wasn't there. And the characters who could have had amazing interactions with Jack were only there at the very end and had brief interactions with him.

It just didn't have the emotional impact it should have at all. I started off so excited and now I'm just disappointed. Not crushed, but the empty sort of disappointed. The "well, I guess that was a thing" sort of disappointed.
>>
>>92693670
I forgot to mention that Jack should have had a few moments of wondering what would happen should he go back. That the people he knew may be gone. Just an episode of him contemplating this and ultimately deciding he had to do it would have been good.

Fuck, just a little moment within the final itself of him seeing that portal in front of him and hesitating when he realizes the implications now that he's surrounded with the friends he met along the way would have been good. Maybe even the Scotsman recognizing his issue and telling him to go anyways and set things right would have been poignant.

It was a mistake to be missing that element. And I still think there should have been a longer fight/banter between Jack and Aku considering their history of interactions.
>>
File: 1495048675628.png (306KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
1495048675628.png
306KB, 1280x1914px
I fully enjoyed the finale, would rate it a solid 10/10 and felt a deep sense of calmness with the ever shifting nature of life itself after watching it. I've never felt that way about a cartoon.

Clearly Genndy's fans are mostly too stupid or emotionally immature to understand the point he was making about happy endings not being guaranteed, but life being worth living anyways.

Besides, Jack is the fucking Emperor now. He can slay all the ass he wants.
>>
>>92665837
I didn't care about it being sad. I cared about the execution of it. The emotion and buildup just wasn't there to make this ending hit the way Genndy wanted it to. At least not for me.
>>
>>92693912
>Besides, Jack is the fucking Emperor now. He can slay all the ass he wants.

Jack's father is still the Emperor, anon. And I don't think Jack WANTS to slay ass at random. Dude had tons of fangirls in the future and never smashed.
>>
>>92693912
>implying jack gives a shit about the other pussy in the world

Dude is going to be a permavirgin for the rest of his life. If it aint Ashi, he ain't slaying it
>>
>>92693912
Jack may become Emperor one day, but at far as he is concerned there is only one person he wants and he will stop at nothing to get her back.
>>
>>92694266
yeah cause he had to slay Aku. Now he's about to be Emperor (his dad could drop any second) and there's no great evil to fight. guy might as well get sone concubines and fuck the sorrow and loneliness away.

Really, Jack's fate is basically the fate of most divorcee dads. He tried to do everything right and still lost The One. Such is life.
>>
>>92694297
I mean, I could see him marrying out of duty. Jack has a very serious sense of duty, and eventually his parents will expect it. I imagine it'd be a cordial relationship at most, though. How many people have we ever seen Jack open up to? Two? EVER? Even with the Scotsman, there was some degree of polite distance.
>>
>>92684555
i would have only added like 2-4 minutes of padding. Honestly loved the end
>>
>>92688898
:(
>>
File: 1490482680162.jpg (16KB, 250x399px) Image search: [Google]
1490482680162.jpg
16KB, 250x399px
>>92694340
>>92694297
See this is the fundamental difference between a boy faced with heartbreak and a man.

The boy thinks "the girl is gone" or "she doesn't like me" and tries relentlessly the get her back. 99/100 times this never works out well.

The man thinks "I've lost her" and of course feels sadness and heartbreak. But he realizes that despite the pain, he still enjoyed the experience of knowing her. He realizes that even if he feels no one else can make him feel the way she did, there was still something worthwhile about him that must have initially attracted her.

The boy is trapped in the state of wanting something he can't have, ignoring opportunities while focusing on a futile pursuit. Really, its only until he can make peace with the fact that certain things simply can't be changed or undone does he mature emotionally into a man.

The man realizes the futility of fighting against those things he can't change, swallows his sorrow but keeps the memories in his heart while moving on in life, likely finding another woman in the process.

Jack managed to save the whole world, destroy an incomprenhensibly powerful evil and return to his home, and yet despite that still has to deal the reality of losing the woman of his dreams. This sort of tragedy is so true to life itself and the heartbreaks a person may face. Because Jack moves on despite this, it really is one of the best endings to any cartoon I've ever watched.

When I was a boy I would have been disappointed by this ending. As a grown man, I marvel at the beautiful story I had the pleasure of watching.
>>
>>92694389
>Jack does not wish to assume throne without a wife and without potential for an heir
>Leaves the Empire for some years
>Returns, bearded,grizzled, and scarred but with Ashi following him
>Takes his rightful throne with her by his side
>>
>>92694646
>tips fedora
>>
>>92694646
I would be able to agree if Jack losing her made any amount of sense but there's simply too many inconsistencies and questions for me to just accept it as anything other than a cliche, flawed, and poorly done, attempt to get tears out of the audience. I do not see it as a satisfying ending, I see it as Jack's problems returning and him eventually setting off on a new quest.
>>
File: Lulu.gif (1MB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Lulu.gif
1MB, 500x378px
>>92658195
Bargaining/Depression I think. I'm not writing fanfics/headcanons or anything, but I've been putting a lot of thought into how the latter half of the season could be "fixed" in an editorial sense - trimming the length of scenes that linger, outright deleting scenes that are unnecessary, etc.

>>92677758
Goddamn that's a cool design.
>>
>>92694916
It is a neat design but I agree with >>92684380 on the greatsword.
But Ashi seems to be skilled with most weapons so maybe it isn't too unfitting. Maybe she also has a smaller blade tucked away.
>>
The entire series is ruined since episode 4.

Episode 1 to 3 were GOD LIKE. The pacing , The style, The music. Then someone who wrote the FACKING JUMP GOOD EPISODES GOT AHOLD OF THE PEN and took the series for a wild ride for 5 episodes.
Genry saw what has happened but could not fix this "Fuck this shat, I tossed too much money....well better end it before I sink more." And he wrote the last 3 episodes rushed so he can try and salvage the shitty writing of middle.

Another thing which pissed me off is WHY NOT FOCUS on some supporting characters instead of dragging everyone up from the grave to parade them around. Why not focus on A FEW SUPPIES(SCOTSMAN, ARCHERS, SPARTANS) AND the rest let them be. It was a clusterfuck. AND WHERE DID THE FACKIGN BIRDS CAME OUT WHEN THE DANCERS CAME? I DON'T REMEMBER JACK TEACHING THEM HOW TO TAME BEAST.

The final Nail in the coffin of this show is THAT THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN ASHE AND HER INNER DEMON WAS SOOOO SHORT. ffs THEY GAVE MORE TIME ON THE SCOTSMAN DAUGHTER INTRODUCTION THEN ASHI'S INNER BATTLE. The end was rushed and crappy. Not mediocre BUT CRAPPY. All true fans will regard episode 4-10 as fanfiction.
>>
File: CIA agente.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIA agente.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>92694646
We are all over 18 here, mister big guy.
>>
File: AreYouMad.png (450KB, 1543x661px) Image search: [Google]
AreYouMad.png
450KB, 1543x661px
>>92695231
>Stage 2: Anger
>>
>>92658195
It's Thursday, and I'm still depressed. The song at the end hit me especially hard.
>>
>>92695324
I would agree with you if there was no root of my anger. But there is. Samurai JACK if you have seen the first episode WAS NEVER SO MONSTROUSLY RUSHED AND ILL PLANNED.

I don't mind Ashi. She could have been a good character but she is not CAUSE SHE IS A TOOL FOR THE WRITERS to dig out few emotions.
>>
>>92695757
She was the source for jack finding himself in his darkest hour and jack even letting someone get that close after 50 years speaks volumes of her and his character growth. Jack finally meets someone just like him who somewhat understands his flaw and instead of chastising him she tries to help him and make a better person out of him, thus sacrificing herself for him to finish his mission and hopefully get married but father time shit all over them
>>
>>92696741
All those anons saying
>"the point is he can move on and find new love"
not realizing that the whole point of Jack and Ashi's relationship is they were the only people in the world who could truly understand eachother's plight on a deep emotional level.
Breaks my damn heart in a new way every day
>>
>>92694646
you may be right but you're also a colossal faggot
>>
>>92696942
Exactly, it's hard to find a person like that but once you do you hold them for dear life because it's literally like finding a needle in a haystack. People just settle with what they can get by don't explore the possibilities of meeting and socializing with different people and going different place to meet those people.
>>
>>92658195
Denial. I'm gonna pretend SJ died a noble death, and pretend the new season never happened.
>>
File: Annie.png (320KB, 667x584px) Image search: [Google]
Annie.png
320KB, 667x584px
>A love interest of the hero is actually a self-conscious spawn of the villain made with his essence that ceases to exist once she sacrifices herself to help the hero to defeat the villain

I swear I've seem this idea on a cartoon before
>>
>>92694646
Wise and Gay.
>>
>>92658195
Op here ho Lee fuck 500 posts!
>>
>>92694646
>All men are stoic statues

Yeah fuck off
>>
File: jk3Ze7z.jpg (25KB, 799x613px) Image search: [Google]
jk3Ze7z.jpg
25KB, 799x613px
>>92658195
Somewhere in the anger stage.
Out of all the ways this show could end, Genndy chooses to reference an anime that I never watched?

And what about all that foreshadowing? No pay off what so ever.
Also, shouldn't killing aku in the past cause a time paradox or something?
>>
>>92658195
>>92658195
Denial ,it's a travesty.

Modern life has fucked people so hard that they honestly and unironically believe that screwing over the hero for no good reason is ok.

Modern life has forgotten what love is.
Western relationships are so eroded through meaningless sexual desires that people ignore the spiritual element to a relationship.
When you meet somebody special, you're willing to move mountains for them. Losing them means losing. Apart of yourself.

Jack is no longer Jack
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.