[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your history with Jetix?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (18KB, 350x223px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 350x223px
What is your history with Jetix?
>>
Used to watch Digimon and Spiderman reruns on there
>>
>Used to be Fox Kids in the Netherlands
>They changed it to Jetix for a short while and mostly showed dubbed anime and action cartoons, with all the toddler stuff shoved in morning hours and late afternoons
It was shit and made me hate cartoons.
>>
>tfw there will never be a 4th season of Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!

What caused the show to get cancelled anyway?
>>
>>92657908
fond memories
>>
One day I woke up early and saw Yin Yang Yo, I thought it was a weird episode of Wow Wow Wubbzy
>>
>>92657932

Didn't it become something else that was even shittier before Disney Channel took over the spot?
>>
>>92658000
If it did I must've ignored it completely. Hell, these days I don't even watch TV any more. If I want to see something I just find it online.
>>
Jetix was on the tail end of my regular cartoon watching days.

Spiderman was pretty much the last thing i would tune in for because muh nostalgia for fox kids
>>
Used to be Fox Kids in Brazil, when It switched the ads for It were "Fox Kids at MAXIMUM POTENCY is called Jetix!"

It was very 90's. Anyway I thought it was going to be shit at first but they kept the shows I watched and added some New ones, so I warmed up. It was an alright channel.

But It all changed when Disney XD attacked
>>
Used to be Fox Kids in the UK, but I don't remember anything about it other than Power Rangers
Watched Sonic X, Power Rangers Dino Thunder, a little bit of TMNT 2003 and Totally Spies
Became Disney XD in 2009
>>
>>92657908
watched Pucca with my gf. it was super comfy.
>>
>>92657908
shaman king
>>
>>92657908
Was removed in 2009 I believe from TV in my country. Was a replacement for fox kids. The best cartoon's for me personally were
>SRMTHG
>Oban star racers
>Shaman king
And some other shit I vaguely remember.
>>
>>92657959
It being shit probably.
>>
In the UK, it used to play Naruto a lot at night. But, it would bring it back to the start of the series every week. Same for Bo-bobo.
Also, what >>92658311 said, plus ying yang yo, viewtiful joe and Pucca.
>>
>>92658136
Become Jetix in 2005, right? Disney XD in 2009 if my mind os not tricking me.
>>
>>92657908
It didn't even exist around these corners
>>
>>92658857
It had a really cool story, characters, and concept though.
>>
>>92657908
It's called Fox Kids. Get on my level scrub.
>>
>>92658857
No
>>
>>92657908
It was a block on Toon Disney that slowly ate the entire channel then shat out Disney XD
>>
>tfw my dad would always record the 90's x men show all the time and watching spiderman/hulk re runs
>>
It was a block on ABC Family with reruns of good stuff, some really bad Canadian CG, and a stupid name.
>>
Jetix > Fox Kids

What's with Andy was good
>>
By the time it was a thing, I was already a teen. Saw some Digimon Tamers, thought "It's kinda meh." Then I kept watching.
>>
>>92658694
oh man the mornings spent watching shaman king made my childhood
>>
>>92657908
In Latin America this is fondly remembered and Disney XD always get shat on for replacing it.
I rewatched some shows and bumpers and it was good, but not as perfect as I remembered
>Yin Yang Yo
>Grossology
>WITCH
>Las hermanitas Mysteria (super comfy series of shorts)
>Fairly Odd Parents
>Dave the Barbarian
>Code Lyoko
>Sonic X
>Kirby
>Skunk Fu!
>The Secret Show (good shit)
My childhood right there.
>>
tfw no one ever remembers Shinzo but I'd always watch it on Jetix
>>
>Fairly Odd Parents
>Dave the Barbarian
>Power rangers
>Monkey Power rangers
had pretty nice shows, still there was a point when the half the publicity time where bumpers and pucca and i fucking hated that
>>
>>92662356
I remember it!
Got it saved to my desktop for nostalgia purposes.
>>
>>92662356
Cards through nipples?
>>
>>92657908
it was the thing that came after the reall king of animation, FOX KIDS
>>
>>92659852
This guy gets it
>>
>>92662356

This was one of my favourites as a kid!
I've heard it is actually pretty shit but I dunno, I always liked the post apocalyptic lore deal they had on, plus the entire stuff about the old super dude. It looked like it had a pretty nice lore, I don't remember much about it though.
>>
>>92657908
>Glorious Fox Kids got canned for this
>all those shitty 2cool4you carttons taking away the good shits

Jetix is shit
long live Fox Kids
>>
File: 1449448792729.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449448792729.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>92658857
>>
>>92664904
Armageddon worth it? Or which Getter is the good shit?
>>
File: tumblr_n1fxzimhtj1rjxyrgo1_400.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1fxzimhtj1rjxyrgo1_400.gif
1MB, 360x240px
>>92665250
Its the best Getter out there
I liked it more than TTGL
>>
>>92666111
Any source for the subbed version? The dub is on yt but it is kinda ass even when I can usually tolerate them.
>>
Sometimes I wish we could have a /co/ in the /a//m/ thread every now and then

>>92666165
google anilinkz but the pop ups get annoying
>>
>>92657908
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYtC8cq9yw

>>92662356
>tfw remember watching this every night before or after getting out of the show
>>
>>92666680
/m/ seems fairly chill about other crossboarding most of the time.
>>
>>92657959
It got cancelled probably due to low rating or low toy sales,or a mix of both,and also becuase disney wanted to focus more on live action sitcoms for their channels
>>
>>92657908
I watched Oban star racers because of it, so I'm thankful for that.
>>
File: A_pit early design.jpg (165KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
A_pit early design.jpg
165KB, 1600x1201px
>>92668653
Good shit.
>>
File: this triggers m.jpg (362KB, 985x963px) Image search: [Google]
this triggers m.jpg
362KB, 985x963px
>>92666939
/m/ encompasses so much different content crossboarding is outright expected.
>>
>>92669056
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXeUVkc17Mc
>still no properly translated Macross games
Fuck this shit, I just want ace combat with stupid music and transformers.
>>
>>92657908
I used to watch:

>Power Rangers SPD
>Power Rangers Dino Thunder
>Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
>Oban Star Racers
>Dave the Barbarian

on it all the time. It was fun.
>>
>>92657959
>tfw there will never be a 4th season of Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!
You mean a Season 5/movie after Season 4. The show ended with Season 4, the last episode was Skeleton King finally being reborn and the heroes and allies all uniting to prepare for a final battle

>What caused the show to get cancelled anyway?
Dunno, Disney just decided not to renew the show for whatever reason. Maybe because they were starting to kill off Jetix.

The real tragedy here besides no true conclusion is that we don't even have a proper way to buy seasons 1-4, or at least have it in non-shit quality. It's not on iTunes(anymore at least, it was apparently on it a decade ago), Amazon, Google Play, etc. There's no official DVD/BluRay. Nothing.

Apparently the show was produced in widescreen as well, but as far as I know none of the shit-quality recordings are of that version(which was broadcast at some point)
>>
>>92657908
it was fun until they started airing shows that were't action oriented
>>
File: 1473136487509.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
1473136487509.png
284KB, 499x559px
>>92669561
>Apparently the show was produced in widescreen as well
Great, now I'll feel even more depressed when I think about this show
>>
File: 1460228383250.jpg (161KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1460228383250.jpg
161KB, 1890x1417px
>>92669561
I would say not to lose hope since Samurai Jack ended up getting a conclusion, but that had a devoted fanbase and a creator who constantly pushed for the series to be finished.
>>
>>92669814
I mean ciro nieli is at nick making the new ninja turtles, and getting the rights back from disney would be a bitch, but we also thought genndy wouldn't come back to CN ever again
>>
>>92657908
Transformers RID, where they went through the anime phase
>>
>>92669677
I know, I've been depressed about that too ever since I learned that

>>92669814
Well, Ciro Nieli has expressed interest in finishing SRMTHFG in the past, maybe he will get to some day. Right now he's working on TMNT but IIRC that's in its final season.

http://www.toonzone.net/tmnt-exec-producer-ciro-nieli-talks-ninja-turtles-robot-monkeys-united-kingdom/

>TOONZONE NEWS: Speaking of Monkey Team, are there stories for that you’d like to explore if given the chance to go back to it?

>CIRO NIELI: Oh yeah. There’s a finale planned for that and I don’t know how I’m gonna do it but I swear that I’m gonna do it someday. I can do it as one movie or I can do it as a whole season, it just depends on how much breadth I want to give it. Look at the last episode. You can either pick it up from there or you can go ‘Five years later: it’s the war of the undead vs the robot chimps.’ It’s this crazy battlefield where all forces have kinda teamed up against the ultimate evil. It’d be awesome. It’s all figured out pretty much. Everyone bugs me about it all the time and I really wanna sit down and tell everybody what happens but I’d rather just make it someday and give it to them. Worst case scenario: before I die I’ll do a perfect graphic novel of it and then Disney can sue me posthumously ‘cause they now completely own it and that’s how it goes [laughs]. I guess I could make a comic and change the names and hairdos…
>>
mar
i fell in love with this qt
>>
>>92670673
Alright, what is this?
>>
lot of bionicle movies back in the day. It also aired a fuckton of power rangers
>>
>>92670722
marchen awakens romance
the character is chaton but she only appears for 2 seconds
>>
>>92658820
>Oban star racers

Aaand now I've got the opening stuck in my head.
>>
File: tumblr_nckomvrcny1rw3jiwo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nckomvrcny1rw3jiwo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x375px
>>92671229
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKQBNlwhHA
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9YTr8gBPI
Which one?
>>
Same as with most Europeans.
Watched the Romanian version on Serbian cable.
First as Fox Kids, later Jetix.
And thanks to Jetix, I watched two magnificent new shows at that time: "Oban, Star Racers" and "Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!"

Man... good times.
>>
>>92657908
Loved it.
Some shows were hit and miss other were really amazing yet some fell into obscurity or were forgotten
my favorite shows were
1.Oban-Star Races
2.Galaktik Football
3.A.T.O.M.
4.Totally Spies
>>
aw man i remember that song
>jetix, jetix
>has the movies
>>
In Mexico it was "fairy godparents" the channel
Also, loved pucca and yin yang yo
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.