[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How I felt after watching the Samurai Jack finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: suicide Jack.png (351KB, 674x348px) Image search: [Google]
suicide Jack.png
351KB, 674x348px
>>
Even if it had been done well I think I'd still be subconsciously butt-hurt about basically the entire series being retconned. Everything thing feels so pointless in hindsight.
>>
File: ashi.png (944KB, 1675x941px) Image search: [Google]
ashi.png
944KB, 1675x941px
>>92653429
I am mainly butthurt that everything Ashi went through led her to oblivion.
She deserved so much better and got shat on by a poorly paced ending centered around a shaky at best concept.
I'll miss you Ashi
F
>>
>>92653478
That Mary-Sue deserved to die with her sister, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>92653399
Would have been a better ending desu
>>
1-4 were great. 5 was pretty good until the weirdly paced ending. 6-10 were flatout bad.
>>
>>92653399
Pacing and execution was bad, but the intimate message was Jungean as fuck and I loved it. Jack has made peace with his loss and looks forward towards a brighter future. So should we.
>>
File: 1490151960872.gif (1MB, 680x570px) Image search: [Google]
1490151960872.gif
1MB, 680x570px
I think that, largely speaking, season 5 was good. Hell, I think the Ashi's application was pretty okay. Not the best, I'd like for some episodes to have done something else. Did we really need ghost samurai (that just turned out to be not-so-much) to tell us JACK IS BETTER NAO. We got all the vibes we needed when he saw the river of dead people and then his redemption on hunting down his sword again.

But I think what ruined the season was the 15:14 mark of the last episode. (I believe, anyways. Could be off by a minute). Out of the 22 mintues, the last 5 minutes manages to fuck it all up.

It was going great. EVERYONE Jack has met coming in to save the day. Aku kicking ass and having fun with it, then getting pissed and just straight up murdering.

Then Ashi is saved WITH DA POWA O' LUUUV (which is okay here, anywho), but then... the fucked up happens.

It actually feels like this was a rushed last-minute idea. I know that's not the case because the fuckers 'did' have storyboarding and alternate endings ready, but it still feels like they made this ending up last second.

Ashi: OH SHIT I GOT AKU'S POWERS
Samurai Jack: OH SHIT BETTER KICK ASS
Ashi: OH LOOK I CAN GO BACK IN TIME.
Not even a fucking split second later they do go back in time. Shit, not even a last look at Jack's friends or the Scottsman. It's a "o hey, okay bye"

The whole last 5-7 minutes could have been made better if Ashi DID NOT get Aku's powers, Samurai Jack fought Aku with friends, beat him, and probably be content with being in the future. Screen zooms out on a brightly lit day with all the people cheering, WHATCHAAA.

But no. Someone on the dev-team saw Gurren Lagann and got a serious boner for that ending.
>>
Why does the tree look like Josuke's pompadour?
>>
>>92654418
Ashi could have gotten Aku's powers without it being a plothole because Aku never opened a portal to the past, just one to the future. It's also a sensible limit on Aku's power. Opening a portal to the future is much less universe breaking than being able to open a portal to the past. Pretty fucking stupid that Aku never went back in time to kill Jack.
>>
>>92654494
FUCK YOU
>>
File: 1293658341131.jpg (85KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1293658341131.jpg
85KB, 720x720px
>>92654494

They were watching a lot of anime.
>>
File: you seem confused.png (135KB, 247x282px) Image search: [Google]
you seem confused.png
135KB, 247x282px
>>92653429
The premise of the show was Jack getting back to the past and undoing the future that is Aku

jeez louise
>>
Ashi, with her final breaths of existence, at her wedding, being held by the love of her life and finally free from the clutches of her evil god father chooses this moment to say

"Oh shit im disappearing lmao"
>>
>>92654700
And the premise of The last crusade is finding the holy grail.
It's such a shitty movie because Indy went through all that trouble and didn't take it with him!
>>
File: disappearingscotsman.gif (354KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
disappearingscotsman.gif
354KB, 470x353px
. http://vocaroo.com/i/s0imv3K7owdE
>>
File: 1489283596703s.jpg (4KB, 225x249px) Image search: [Google]
1489283596703s.jpg
4KB, 225x249px
>>92654823
>>
I want to die
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.