[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: corpse.png (376KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
corpse.png
376KB, 1000x333px
Maybe Willis is hoping that the scene change whiplash he's been inflicting this week will make people think something actually happened, when it didn't.

At least we got to see Mary tonight. Maybe she'll even talk tomorrow unless we cut to Marcie and Malaya or some shit.
>>
all of you move on from the comic and be happier. I did
>>
>>92652500
Only 2 of the 5 even dislike her. What a drama queen.
>>
>>92652500
ok, right, so then the absolute only reason that last strip was where it was instead of immediately after the previous robin scene was because he couldnt think of a better way to make that joke than "its night time now"
great
im not sure hes realized he isnt writing a gag-a-day comic
>>
>>92652500
Some meeting, like there's no point to it with so few there. Unless it's just gonna be Mary going off on how right she was and how everyone on this floor are fucking idiots or something.
>>
Why do you people insist in wallowing in this webcomic hell? There's actually webcomics to go to that are enjoyable now....why stick with this one?
>>
>>92652615
>im not sure hes realized he isnt writing a gag-a-day comic

wait he hasn't? Cause it seems he tries to go out of his way to force a punchline into every last panel....
>>
>>92652500
Which one is Dorothy? I honestly can't keep these characters straight.

Is this funny if I know who Dorothy is?
>>
>>92652500
Jesus, that wasn't even two strips with Robin.

Anyways, Mary looks smug, which means she's probably going to be threatened with a punch to the face in the next strip. Rachel is here again because I'm still pretty sure Willis wants her to be a major character. I don't know why Amber's here; I don't recall her hating Ruth at all.

Also, what's this meeting even about? To announce that Billie's being shipped to a new dorm?

Also, Joyce needs to stop manspreading.
>>
>>92652648
im not bored yet and it takes about a minute to read a strip a day

takes longer than that to talk about it here, but thats just for the companionship
>>
>>92652651
dorothys the overachiever who just got her first C and is now dropping a bunch of her responsibilities to study more or something
>>
>>92652656
>Also, Joyce needs to stop manspreading.

Well now I'm hoping most of the Willis fanbase gets triggered over that now. With Cerb leading the charge saying "I'm shaking in rage" or something.
>>
>>92652648
Because sometimes it's fun to shitpost or critique something.
>>
>>92652730
Every single update, every single time?
>>
>>92652651
>Is this funny
No.
>>
>>92652812

We're here, aren't we?
>>
>>92652500
Mary is looking pretty smug even in a super long shot.
>>
>>92652840
Get help.
>>
>>92652865
sounds more like youre the one with the problem
>>
>>92652648
Because I think most of the webcomics /co/ actually likes are shit too, but I don't feel like arguing with fanboys.

At least we all agree this one is shit, and it's entertaining to pick it apart together.
>>
>>92652500
Honestly I think the only reason Amber's there is because she needed a new place to hide after her chairs got taken away and she happened to pick the room where a meeting happened a few minutes later.
>>
>>92652865

>hide
>thread
>and
>move
>on
>>
>>92652656
>>92652856
>smug Mary
It's kinda weird she's standing next to Rachel, who hates her guts.
>>
>>92652856
That smile would make the Grinch blush
>>
>>92652656
>Mary looks smug, which means she's probably going to be threatened with a punch to the face in the next strip.
Yeah, what is Mary expecting to get here except physical violence directed toward her person?
>>
>>92653052
Maybe she thinks this is an announcement that Ruth is leaving, it's possible no one told her that she's staying. Although with all her eavesdropping, that shouldn't have gotten past her.
>>
File: Mary04.png (86KB, 262x325px) Image search: [Google]
Mary04.png
86KB, 262x325px
>>92653096
Why would Ruth have a big meeting to say she's saying? She's an RA, not a Congresswoman. If she was leaving, she would just go.
>>
>>92653096
>>92653149
Why is Ruth having this meeting at all? And why are the only people who are AT this meeting people who supposedly hate her guts?

If Ruth was as despised by everybody in her wing as has been described, then why are there only three people who hate her so much that they are in attendance in order to watch her squirm? And again, what is this meeting even about? Ruth is staying! Is she going to just rub it in their faces that she's staying? I have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>92653288
I assume Ruth is going to try to make some sort of apology or ask to start over, which will piss Billie off to no end since it doesn't involve hitting or spite.
>>
>>92653288
If I had to guess...
I think this is the part where Ruth turns over a new leaf and stops using threats to enforce the rules but starts trying to be kinder. Trying to work with her residents rather than ordering them around. So she'll talk about how she's staying, how she was a terrible RA but she's going to change, blah blah blah. Willis thinks of her as a "good guy" so this is the first steps of her moving into that role by not being a wild asshole with her authority.

>And why are the only people who are AT this meeting people who supposedly hate her guts?
This is honestly her being over dramatic. Mary and Rachel hate her, Joyce has always been nice to her, Amber has been indifferent to her and Billie loves her. That's 2 of 5 attendees. She's just playing the victim, even though the people on the floor have every reason to dislike her.
>>
>>92653007
I ship that now.

>>92652993
Everyone there hates her. She realistically should be sitting down.

>>92653149
If a new RA had been selected already, I could see the old RA introducing them to the floor.

>>92653288
I assume it's to announce her return since she was gone for a couple of days.

The people who showed up are there because they feel obligated to go to floor meetings.
>>
Why was I ever a fan of this guy? Was I just stupid, or was his stuff in the early '00s actually good (for a webcomic in the early '00s)?
>>
>>92653536
His doucheness wasn't as prelevent in his early work like it is now. During Shortpacked he went crazy(er).
Also, you probably didn't know most of the bad stuff he did or mean stuff he said until later.
>>
>>92652558

Obviously you haven't or you wouldn't feel the need to actually find this thread and come into it and expend effort to tell us this
>>
>>92652500
I'm pretty sure the line
>people here only on the strength of their hatred
is directed at us.
>>
>>92655597
Ruth should be looking directly at the camera when saying that line before cutting to the other people in the room.
>>
any VA requests? I'm going into the booth later today.
>>
>>92652500

Ruth's self-pity fails to sway me.

Just take your pills and stop milking it, you tumblr bitch
>>
>>92652716

>My vestigial penis is quivering in outrage!
>>
>>92658073
An overly dramatic rendition of the strips where Robin is at her campaign headquarters.

>>92653475
Does that mean she's going to be doing something about her girlfriend physically assaulting another student and the complicity of witnesses to allow it to happen?
>>
File: Sex toy.png (141KB, 550x818px) Image search: [Google]
Sex toy.png
141KB, 550x818px
>>92658073
How about this comic?
>>
>>92653536

It might be pushing it to say it was good but his early work was somewhat decent, something you could read through with nothing really rage-inducing (that I recall). The arcs could be somewhat interesting, which makes their retreads here all the more jarring (notably Joyce's evolving stance on her religion). And a couple moments had some impact, like Dina's death (Willis's flippant treatment of her resurrection for the sake of hooking her up with Becky and filling out his rushed ending can only be described as sinful).

I'm in the camp of "Fans of his early work who came back to find a steaming mess and stuck around to heckle it" myself.
>>
>>92658321

Fuck you for posting this, it always ruins my day.

I dunno how many times Willis has been slugged but it obviously wasn't enough.
>>
>>92658371
Lest we forget.
>>
>>92658321
Obligatory reminder that the person who drew this refused to masturbate until 19 because his dead grandma was watching him.
>>
>>92658612
Maybe he gets off on that notion on some level now.
>>
>>92653475
>Trying to work with her residents rather than ordering them around. So she'll talk about how she's staying, how she was a terrible RA but she's going to change, blah blah blah. Willis thinks of her as a "good guy" so this is the first steps of her moving into that role by not being a wild asshole with her authority.

I dunno. While that's a reasonable motivation for a competent writer, remember what author we're talking about here? Willis doesn't feel his chosen "heroes" are ever in the wrong, regardless HOW shitty they are.
>>
>>92658321
The most offensive part of this, is that he stole OJST's style and coloring to insult people over not geing 100% familiar with the opposite gender's plumbing. As if anyone from birth knows precisely how all genitals work.
Whereas the original he stole from knows that is just a shitty route to take. It may be filled with forced diversity, SJWs and more snowflakes than a polar bear's den, but it at least knows that you can't insult people for being ignorent about something they don't have.
>>
>>92658321
>>92659358

I have a gf who's been having sex and even masturbating for years.

One day she saw a vibrator with that sort of attachment and asked "What the hell's that for?"

It amused me to no end. I wonder how many of his legitimate social-justice-inclined readers he backhanded with that awful page. I guess it's worth it to get one over the one or two people who committed the awful sin of not being fully knowledgeable about anatomy or the workings of sex toys.
>>
>>92653536
>>92653671

Willis was always a self-important know-it-all as far back as USENET. He's just become more insufferable as of late
>>
>>92658321

Im not understanding where Willis' rage and indignation are coming from here.
>>
>>92659521
>not understanding where Willis' rage
Hahaha, let me help you Anon.

See, Willis was (read: is) a sexually repressed manlet neckbeard, and was on the path to adopt the usual ideals such folk usually do (atheism, MGTOW, redditry, m'ladyism, and the like). BUT, being the beta he was, when he got to college he began to express these beliefs in their most crude and primitive form. This prompted an attack (read: stern talking-to) from some liberals at his school who were pissed about whatever bullshit he was spewing. This was a deeply traumatic experience for young Davebert McWillykins, and it led to him creating content that was increasingly liberal as a subconscious way of atoning for the guilt he was made to feel. Dumbing of Age and Shortpacked! both display this aggressive form of feminism; it's his way of saying "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK HOW WELL I MADE UP FOR WHAT I DID BACK THEN PLEASE FORGIVE ME"

This defense mechanism manifested itself in Willis' love life as well. He was, clearly, unable to find his wife's clitoris the first time they had sex. She likely said something to the effect of "Honey, do you know where the clitoris is?" during this disappointing and awkward debacle. However, Willis didn't hear it this way; it likely translated to some belittling insult about how he didn't know how to have sex. After research on where the clitoris is, he finally made acceptably decent love to his wife. This led to him making this comic once his readers (who, for obvious reasons, had very little sexual experience) displayed a lack of knowledge of the function of the external bud on Sarah's vibrator.
>>
>>92660130
>he finally made acceptably decent love to his wife.
Hey now, friend, there is no reason to make wild claims that no one has any reason to believe.
>>
>>92659358
Yeah, OJST is about answering questions without being condescending. Willis thrives on being condescending, and it really sours the concept of OJST when he uses it to be rude and excessively mean.
>>
>>92658321
>>92658612
>>92659358

That's the thing, innit? For all it's other faults, OJST still has the perspective of 'you don't know what X is? that's okay. here's some information. you don't have to be ashamed of not knowing something.'

Willis's strip says: "YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT A SPECIFIC PART OF A WOMEN'S SEX TOY IS?! YOU'RE STUPID AND YOU'VE NEVER PLEASURED A WOMAN BEFORE!!!"

It's just so outright spiteful and mean-spirited, condemning others for information that he probably didn't have until well into his 20s or later. It's even counter-productive. If you mock, belittle and humiliate people for not knowing something, then how likely are they to speak up in the future when they again don't know something?

Willis had an actual, honest-to-God chance for a teachable moment there. He could have done the exact same theme to the strip - even with Roz - talking about sensitive the clitoris is, how some women can only orgasm from clitoral stimulation rather than penetration and therefore, how awesome 'rabbits' can be for them. Instead, he went straight to spewing bile and shaming his readers for not possessing knowledge he didn't have until he was an adult.
>>
>>92662670
I can't imagine anyone being happy about reading that particular strip. It ran off a lot of readers, including one of our own.
>>
File: 1454684377979.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454684377979.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
I wonder what it must be like as one of the background characters watching all of this shit unfold.
>I watch it all from afar. Heaven help me
>>
>>92663837
I imagine it must seem very strange from the POV of just another brain on the campus.
>>
File: joycevssal.png (788KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
joycevssal.png
788KB, 700x875px
>>92653536
Not stupid to like his old stuff. Not that it was that great for 00's webcomic standards but at least it had decent character development and the art was showing signs of improvement.
>>
File: 2comc.png (89KB, 476x953px) Image search: [Google]
2comc.png
89KB, 476x953px
>>92663923
I would actually call It's Walky and Joyce and Walky one of my favourite webcomics ever.
>>
File: 2015-10-16-troopers.png (400KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-16-troopers.png
400KB, 1000x333px
>>92663837
>>92663905
Enjoy this tragedy in three acts.
>>
File: 2015-10-17-risk.png (415KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-17-risk.png
415KB, 1000x333px
>>92663955
>>
File: 2015-10-18-let.png (329KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-18-let.png
329KB, 1000x333px
>>92663998
>>
>>92663955
>>92663998
>>92664013
Christ, Toedad is such a terribly written character.
Life Is Strange managed to do this kind of character so much better.
>>
>>92662670
despite what he says Willis is still a fundamentalist. he just has a different god now. only he's not one of those fundamentalists who's always trying to convert you, he's one of those assholes who thinks he's so fucking holy, he can lord it over you heathens as much as he wants. irritating as the other kind can be, at least they're trying to improve your life in someway
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.