[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiderman: Home-coming final trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 16

File: 3906309.jpg.jpg (29KB, 336x800px) Image search: [Google]
3906309.jpg.jpg
29KB, 336x800px
https://youtu.be/YQ3PjdyzY6g
>>
>>92644486
This should've been the only trailer and not that one whrre it tells you the whole movie.
>>
>>92644486
60 percent on RT
>>
ah, it's not a spider-man movie without him webbing two giants things trying to fall apart and being pulled out in a jesus pose
>>
My boy Spidey is here to rock the world! Fuck the haters! It'll be the first oscar winning MCU!

Make Mine Marvel!
>>
>>92644820
>oscars
lol who gives a shit about that hollywood elite circlejerk?
>>
>>92644924
Sounds like something and academy awardless studio would say
>>
>>92644486
Why does /co/ have it out for this movie? I sort of get the "Too much Iron Man" argument, but it makes sense in-universe. I could imagine Tony, being his age and not having any kids might see Peter as sort of his prodigy, a young tech genius and aspiring superhero. If Tony could engineer himself a kid, it'd be Peter.
>>
>>92645172
It's cool if he likes Peter, but it's shitty of him to let him stay poor. Give the kid some scholarships or something like that
>>
>>92645392
That'd mean telling Aunt May.
>>
>>92644486
fuck off with your shit spam
>>
>>92645392
Teach a man to fish.
>>
>>92645436
Well, he IS a smart kid. Giving him full scholarship to Harvard or some other expensive place is nothing to Tony and it wouldn't even be a waste anyway.
>>
File: ending of sleepaway camp.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ending of sleepaway camp.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>92644970
>DCucks now cite Oscars in their company wars threads
>Even though the committee admits they hardly watch any of the movies outside best picture nominees
>Even though Best Makeup is a participation trophy
>Even though the only thing that award says is "this one WB movie had good makeup"
>Even though BvS was nominated for multiple Razzies that same year
>Even though the LEGO Batman movie had several jokes about how shitty the DCEU is
>>
>>92645583
He might, Peter's just not college age yet.
>>
File: spider-nips.png (87KB, 263x190px) Image search: [Google]
spider-nips.png
87KB, 263x190px
It'll be fun enough, I think, but it also looks super by-the-numbers and safe.
The trailers revealed basically the entire movie, so it'd REALLY surprise me if this turns out to be better than Guardians 2 or Ragnarok.

At the very least, the score is shaping up to be pretty phenomenal (assuming this is anything to go off of): https://twitter.com/m_giacchino/status/865664095084662785
>>
>>92645556
>Teach a man to become something that inherently requires alot of financial resources
>Not give him access to those resources

Seems legit
>>
File: green dehaablin.jpg (62KB, 960x723px) Image search: [Google]
green dehaablin.jpg
62KB, 960x723px
So lemme see if I've got this straight:
>Sony decides to reboot Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield to combat the MCU
>It fails horribly
>They consider everything from a third reboot to bringing back Toby MacGuire
>North Korea hackers reveal company emails, "what if Spidey did a tough mudder", "millennials are very into this "EDM" music", "let's give Spider-Man a Snapchat"
>Eventually decide to try selling the rights back to Marvel for 4 billion fucking dollars (ie. the same amount Disney paid for all of Lucasfilm)
>Disney laughs their collective asses off, works out a deal where Spider-Man is under shared ownership
>He can be in the MCU, Sony gets a cut of the take
>Homecoming is months away
>Sony reveals that they're actually attempting to trick Marvel into shelling out the 4 bil for the rights
>They'll allow Spidey to be in the MCU until after Infinity War, then yank him back and demand more money
>If Marvel doesn't comply, they'll just make their own Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
>The first film will be a standalone Venom movie that is entirely disconnected from Spider-Man
>Other projects include Sinister Six, Black Cat, and Silver Sable, all without any connection to Spider-Man
>The Sony Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (Spider-Man not included)
>Sony Pictures sees massive layoffs because they can't stop releasing flops like Ghostbusters
>The literal future of the studio seems to rely on The Emoji Movie doing gangbusters
So how bad is this going to end for Sony?
I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I feel like we could finally see them go under if this summer goes well.
>>
>>92645802
Peter just needs to pull himself by his bootstraps and work hard for himself. It's not like Tony is just making it rain on any of the other Avengers. He's already helping out Peter plenty.
>>
>>92646082
>implying the emoji movie isn't going to gross well over a billion
>>
>>92644486
yup

that's a billion
>>
>>92646339
>Someone announced it was cancelled on April Fool's Day
>Literally everyone under the age of 16 thought it was true
Kids have no interest in seeing it, anon.
MAYBE the little little kids, but nowhere near the same audience as something like Captain Underpants or The LEGO Movie.

They released the trailer like a week ago and it was the laughing stock of the net for like two days before being soundly forgotten.
>>
>>92645172
Peter is Tony's ideal child. Like, he engineers a kid for himself, but while no one's looking, he "accidentally" nudges a vial of Steve into the mix. And that's how you get Peter Parker, with all the best traits of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.
>>
Only 2 things from this movie, that Keaton's Vulture lives to join the Sinister Six, and that we loose Michelle and get MJ next movie
>>
>>92646082
>demand more money

They can't demand more money. They're gonna receive ALL of the money that the Spider-Man film makes. The deals was that Sony gets all of the profits for all Spider-Man solo films, and in exchange Marvel gets to use Spider-Man in their universe while reaping all the of the profits from the non-Spider-Man films.
>>
>>92646613
Hell I'd even be fine with Michelle hanging around, so long as she's 1) a fun character and 2) not MJ.
>>
>>92646613
>MJ before Gwen

Nah.
>>
>>92646668
>Take the money from Homecoming
>Let him be in Infinity War
>"Okay, see ya"
That's basically what they explained they were doing. Some executive (might have been Pascal) mentioned how "we MIGHT be open to negotiating if they want to make more Spider-Man movies", essentially playing it off like Homecoming was a one-off experiment and not a multi-picture deal like literally everyone else thought it was.

They're trying to pull a fast one and I can only assume that Venom will crash and burn soon after they get buttfucked by Marvel's legal team.

Also
>Emoji Movie comes out just after Homecoming, Planet of the Apes, and Dunkirk
>Comes out just before The Dark Tower
>First trailer was released literally a month before it hits theaters
Stick a fork in em, they're done.
>>
>>92646600
So Peter has two daddies.
>>
>>92646723
But anon, MJ was being pushed by Aunt May since she first met with Aunt Anna.
>>
>>92646082

I really, REALLY want them to do well as a Studio, if only because in principal Disney needs competition and monopolies are a fast way to become stagnant, as we've been seeing over the last couple of years.

The only problem is that Disney very much doesn't have that competition because the other studios are retarded.
>>
>>92646723
Im sick of the Gwen fad, she only exists to get her neck broken
>>
>>92647115
And pump out a pair of little Goblins.
>>
>>92644486
Well that's at least one scene that's well executed.
>>
>>92647090
Sony's never been competition for the MCU.
If anything, Fox is shaping up to be their biggest competitor, if only because they're willing to go darker and more experimental than Disney (no matter how good the MCU output is this year, it won't top Logan).

Hell, even the DCEU is better at competing with Marvel than Sony is. Let Sony die so at least properties like Venom and Spidey will end up with a studio that knows how to use them. Marvel might be a bit formulaic, but you know no one at Disney would ever consider making Spider-Man into a skateboarding EDM DJ who posts #NBD on his fleek snapchat.
>>
>>92644486
So what's the point of this trailer, exactly?
We've already seen all this before, it's given us nothing new.
Why wasn't this the only trailer?
Why did we get one that spoiled the whole movie?
>>
>>92647331
Because Sony is a comically incompetent studio who literally has no idea what they're doing with Spider-Man.
>>
>>92647317
But if Sony dies, who will fund my weeaboo video games?
>>
>>92647381
Pretty sure they'd just sell off the movie making parts and keep their electronics separate since that's the only division that's been making money in recent years.
>>
>>92647372
Well, obviously.
I can get behind a trailer that spoils the whole movie, that's been a thing for decades.
It's more that I don't understand what purpose this trailer has.
It's nothing new, it uses the same footage AND music.
I'm baffled by the fact that they thought this was worth the bandwidth to upload.
>>
>>92647381
Oh, SONY is doing fine. Sony PICTURES, on the other hand, is even more of a trash fire than usual at the moment. Nothing of value would be lost if they went under.
>>
>>92646668
>and in exchange Marvel gets to use Spider-Man in their universe while reaping all the of the profits from the non-Spider-Man films.
And merchandising rights.
No wonder Tony got a new suit.
>>
Wait, SONY'S making that Emoji movie? I keep seeing posters for it but I never really bothered looking up close.

God, I was wondering who was stupid enough to make something like that. That about explains it.
>>
>>92647331
This one is cut differently, it features like 20 seconds of an entire scene, uncut. It's also angled on Peter's teenager life. Also no Iron Man.
The trailer we previously saw was cut like a regular action trailer with jumpcuts and explosions everywhewre and mostly featured action scnes. And like most modern trailer it spoiled an act and a half and people who think it spoiled everything are getting a stupid "twist" coming their way.

There's never only one trailer these days.

I imagine both trailers are aimed at different audiences somehow because they're quite different.
>>
>>92647526
Tony always gets a new suit.
>>
You guys are aware the final trailer is only coming tomorrow, right?
>>
>>92645604
M8 talk about Spiderman u mong
>>
>>92645604
Still more Oscars than the MCU, shill
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-05-23 21.14.48.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-05-23 21.14.48.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>92645704
This chick is loving it
>>
>>92647772
Shills get paid, you do it for free
>>
>have spider sense
>can't tell when your fat mouth breathing friend is 5 feet away from you
rly?
>>
>>92645583
Doesn't that literally happen in Civil War? Tony gives Peter a full ride through High School.
>>
>>92648015
Spider sense only warns him about threats. Fat ned is not a threat.

This is Spider-Man 101
>>
>>92648113
To be fair, spider sense does whatever it wants and over the decades it's been buffed and nerfed several times until they finally decided ti establish rules on how it works.
>>
IF HER LAST NAME STARTS WITH A J THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING DROPPED

NOT MUH MJ
>>
>>92648480
Michelle Juana.

Just accept it
>>
>>92648518
I hope it burns harder than Fantastic Four if so.
>>
>>92644486
Why do I even need to go see it in theaters when they basically put the whole movie on YouTube?
>>
>>92648242
Apparently the rule for Spider Sense in the MCU is that his senses get dialed up to 11 when he's in a fight, and that's why he has the special goggles and lenses.
>>
>>92645604
i don't get this argument. why does the whole movie win an oscar for the people who did makeup? the revenant didn't win an oscar- leo dicaprio did. in my eyes, suicide squad didn't win an oscar, alessandro bertolazzi, giorgio gregorini and christopher nelson did
>>
>>92645802
>>92646188
Suddenly I'm reminded of an argument I had with some other anons after they made Tony actually adopted in the comics or something. They were saying the reason it was dumb (and it was!) was
>How could Tony still be a super-genius if he was adopted!?
>>
>>92649395
How did Skwad even get an Oscar? What's so technically advanced or admirable about clowns?
>>
>>92650154
Are you forgetting the guy made out of makeup?
>>
File: b8d.png (220KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
b8d.png
220KB, 500x374px
>>92650154
The Academy are hilariously out of touch. Show them an elaborate effect and they assume it's CG. Show them Suicide Squad, they see people wearing lots of makeup. They think, "Well, that's gotta be the winner! They have the MOST makeup!"

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.
>>
>>92649513
Only retarded babies are given up for adoption. This is a fact.
>>
>>92645392
Because Tonky Stank is a cunt
>>
>>92644486
There was nothing new in that. Is that even an official trailer? It seems like youtubers cut this shit together sometimes.
>>
>>92650813
I don't remember it being an average adoption story though lol
>>
>>92645172
'but im nothing without my suit'
remember how much spider-man embodies that sentiment?
>>
>>92645172
It makes sense, doesn't mean I don't like it. RDJ may be their biggest star but there's no reason they need to make him the single most important thing in the MCU. Him creating Ultron pissed me off enough, making him Spiderman's mentor and having him make literally all of Peter's equipment outside of his web-shooters is way too fucking much. There's no need to detract from Peter/Spider-Man in order to fellate RDJ some more.
>>
>>92652288
>there's no reason they need to make him the single most important thing in the MCU
He is canonically the most famous superhero in this universe and he lives right next door to Spider-Man.

>making him Spiderman's mentor
Peter would probably seek out a mentor anyway. This is a world where superheroes already exist and Spider-Man wants to be among them, ie., being an Avenger. So he'd probably wanna get close to one of them first in order for that to happen, and Tony would make the most sense, especially now that half the team is in dispose.

>There's no need to detract from Peter/Spider-Man in order to fellate RDJ some more.
Putting Tony in a movie is not the same as wanking him. Both AoU and CW made him out as a total cunt.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to dislike this, but your reasons are bullshit.
>>
>>92646668
Wait what?? So all the Homecomig profit will go to Sony? Thats fucked up how was that a good deal again?
>>
>>92653455
Marvel gets all the merch sales money which is way more.
>>
>>92653626
i had no idea. i guess thats how show business works then.
>>
The lack of hype is really something.

5 hours and only 70 comments Jesus!
>>
>>92644486
yeah looks alright
>>
>>92646339
Stop memeing. People either hate or are indifferent with it. Its a bomb waiting to happen.
>>
Zero hype for this

People dont like high school movies anymore

Another Spider-Man reboot? It's still not sticking for easily confused casual audiences

Bad special effects still this late
>>
>>92654417
>People either hate or are indifferent with it.
That actually could not matter less. Parents will take kids to see it in order to shut them up.
>>
>>92644703
>>92648784
Stop fucking whining.
>>
>>92654017
Hype doesn't start for MCU movies until a couple weeks ahead of release.
>>
File: uhhhh..png (198KB, 752x345px) Image search: [Google]
uhhhh..png
198KB, 752x345px
>>92644763
What bro?
>>
>Graduated from high school early on in the run
>Even when in highschool, Peter got a job right after Uncle Ben's death and the money coming in greatly helped to support him and Aunt May
>Taking responsibility for your mistakes and actions to set things right

Spider-Man was never about highschool, it was always about adulthood.
>>
>>92654447
kids don't give a shit about emojis.
>>
>>92654503
>Spider-Man was never about highschool
Except when it was.
>>
>>92654527

Yeah but Ultimate is gay
>>
>>92654573
You're gay
>>
>>92654583

Fuuuuck youuuu
>>
>>92653626
But Sony is getting the videogame as a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>92651997
Did you not see the picture in the OP? He makes his own suit and fights against Vulture anyway.
>>
>>92654729
PS4 Spidey looks to be the only good thing to come out of the Marvel/Sony deal. I'm decently hyped for it.
>>
>>92652480
>Putting Tony in a movie is not the same as wanking him. Both AoU and CW made him out as a total cunt.
Like I said, it's fucking retarded that Tony has made literally all but one of Spiderman's gadgets. I can understand the suit, but everything else after that is pushing it. My question is, why couldn't Peter have made these things himself? It makes it seem like he's become too reliant on Tony and he can't make anything for himself despite his character traditionally having built up his success without another hero's help. Tony being Peter's mentor doesn't bother me too much, giving him way too much involvement in Peter's early superhero career and actually being the creator of most of Spider-Man's iconic gadgets is what really bothers me.
>>
>>92655056
>My question is, why couldn't Peter have made these things himself?
He did. He had everything he needed, but Tony had more resources. He didn't invent anything Peter needed, he just upgraded it.
>>
>>92651997
Yes. actually. Peter self doubts like crazy.
>>
Iron Man 4 is looking great, I hope that they keep "No Punching Allowed" Lad's scenes to a minimum though.
>>
>>92655107
>He didn't invent anything Peter needed, he just upgraded it.
Again, why did it have to be Tony? Why couldn't Peter had made a prototype and Tony just provided him with a more expensive version? The web wings? Completely Tony's creation. The spider signal? Completely Tony's creation. The suit? Outside of the design, completely Tony's creation. The spider drone? Completely Tony's creation. Keep in mind that all this shit was actually made by Peter in the comics. It makes me wonder what else Tony will make for Peter or if Peter will ever invent anything other than the web-shooters which thus far is the only thing he has created by himself. It detracts from Peter's intelligence and ingenuity that he has to rely on Tony to make gadgets for him. Not only that, but now they're having Spider-Man's villains be basically Iron Man villains. For Christ's sake, the Vulture is yet another evil businessman/inventor who wants revenge on Tony. Can you at least agree that they're going at least a tiny bit too far in weaving Iron Man into Spider-Man's history?
>>
>>92655203
>Again, why did it have to be Tony?
BECAUSE PETER IS POOR, YOU FUCKING MORON

MUST I SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU
>>
>>92655222
WHY ISN'T THE WEBSHOOTERS AN ISSUE FOR YOU THEN, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER?

ARE THE COMICS A PROBLEM FOR YOU NOW?

WHY NOT JUST MAKE PETER AN IRON MAN CHARACTER?

A central part of Peter's character is that he's a smart cookie and is able to do a lot with the meager resources available to him. Hell, the movie didn't even bother to say that Tony just gave Peter access to his labs or some bullshit, Tony just straight up made them.
>>
>>92655222
>poor people can't survive without leeching off the success of billionaires.
Take this defending of class warfare bullshit somewhere else. There are plenty of poor people who manage to dig themselves out without having to be dependent on other people's money. It used to be called hard work and determination. Shouldn't a super hero movie be full of hope and optimism?
>>
>>92655203
>Outside of the design, completely Tony's creation
Even most of the design. Everything that makes Spider-Man's costume unique from other characters' was added by Tony.
>>
>>92655387
>It's ANOTHER Tony invents a superhero, but instead makes a menace movie.
Fuck.
>>
>>92655285
Peter is resourceful but he's not a fucking wizard. I imagine making the webshooters took up the most sophisticated tech he had. Peter knew exactly what he needed and he built them. All Tony could do was refine them because he had access to things Peter otherwise would not have.

In other words, the goggles and balaclava worked fine but they were rough around the edges. Peter doesn't actually need what Tony gives him, it's a gift, but he gets attached.

>>92655286
>poor people can't survive without leeching off the success of billionaires
There's a big, important difference between being able to live your normal life day to day and being fucking Spider-Man.
>>
>>92655554
>only rich people can be clever enough to work within their means.
>>
>>92655575
Peter IS working within his means.
>>
>>92655588
No, he is working within Mr. Stark's means.
>>
>>92655588
Peter has worked within his means for 90% of his entire comics history, and was still the definitive Spider-Man.
>>
>>92655575

how does a poor person work within his means and end up with robotic drones and futuristic gadgets?
>>
>>92655554
>Peter knew exactly what he needed and he built them
Where does it say that? All the movies say that they were gifts and Peter had no hand in their creation. The web-shooters aren't even that high-tec, Peter just made a super ingenuitive compound. I'll give you that the Spider-drone is a bit too advanced for him to make with a box of scraps but everything else is something Peter could have easily made on his own but the MCU wanted to give Tony more importance. Of course Peter doesn't actually need Tony's inventions, but the point is that in the comics Peter just made that shit and Tony had absolutely no hand in it's creation. The only thing Tony has ever made for Spider-Man in the comics is his Iron Spider outfit but that's sufficiently advanced and expensive enough to see why it makes sense that Tony made it for Peter rather than it being an invention of Peter. Everything else shown so far other than the drone does not fit that criteria. The new suit? Peter should have at least made a non-makeshift version before Tony made him one. The web-wings? Peter should have EASILY made those since they seem relatively basic. The Spider-signal? Why the fuck didn't Peter make this when it's both a relatively inexpensive gadget and iconic to Spider-Man? Not only that, but Tony basically designed his emblem, costume, and symbol in these cases. At least half of what makes Spider-Man iconic is a creation of Tony Stark in the MCU.
>>
>>92655706
>robotic drones and futuristic gadgets?
Neither of those are necessary to Spider-Man.
>>
>>92655285
How the fuck have you already seen the movie?
>>
>>92644486
Why am I seeing no hype for this?
>>
>>92655783
You know he was in Civil War, right?
>>
>>92655783
The trailers explicitly said they were a gift from Tony, if they say the opposite of this in the final version I'll admit I was wrong but until then I'm going with what has already been the case of all of Peter's other gadgets.
>>
>>92655222

Peter wasn't poor in 616 faggot, that's a dumb idea the movies push. The only time he worried about money when living at home was right after Uncle Ben's death and he got a fucking job right after.
>>
>>92655828
Wow. Top quality bait, my friend.
>>
>>92655862

>When living at home

Get reading comprehension, then re-read my post. Then read some Spider-Man comics.
>>
>>92655795
>No hype for Babby's First Spider-Man with no punching allowed.
Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>92644486
Why the fuck does spider man have an iphone 4 instead of the latest Sony Xperia(tm) XZ Premium?
>>
>>92655877
So you're saying Peter Parker had tons of money living at home as a 15 year old kid? Is that the argument you're making?

Top. Quality. Bait.
>>
>>92654470
Nah, because it really is a problem with trailers these days. They show way too much.
>>
100% uninterested in the movie because of the trailers spoiling everything
>>
>>92655902
Because Tony didn't have time to invent one for him.
>>
>>92644486
THAT WAS AWESOME did i say awesome? i meant that was a steamy piece of shit. want my money back!
>>
>>92655795
Cause it's 4chan?
>>
File: Iron Spider.jpg (442KB, 1032x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Spider.jpg
442KB, 1032x1599px
>>92651997
It's an adaptation of the situation with the Iron Spider suit, from the actual Civil War comic story line. Peter gets an upgraded, super fancy tech suit (complete with webwings) when he officially becomes Tony's enforcer. Peter chafes under Tony, and then rebels, going back to his original suit to pursue his own ideal of heroism. Clear parallels to the movie here, with Peter being restricted by Tony, Peter losing the suit after he rebels against Tony, and then going back to his original suit to fight evil on his own terms.

Try reading comics sometime.
>>
>>92655894
>Babby's First Spider-Man
2 keks 4 u
>>
>>92655828
>Peter wasn't poor in 616 faggot
Except for all the times he was.
>>
>>92655795
Because it doesn't look very good
>>
>>92655894
>No hype
Whats the opposite of hype? is not hate..... something new, like meh-niness Yep, that sounds appropriate MEHNINESS
>>
>>92656052
Why exactly do people forget this happened?
>>
>>92656052
>Try reading comics sometime.
Civil war? how about reading good comics, you silly semi-casual
>>
>>92656146
You sure told him.
>>
>>92656106
Because it's a story over a decade old. When Peter was still married to MJ.
>>
>>92656106
Probably because they never actually read the comics in the first place. Anybody who has knows what's going on, and why Peter has the Tony-made tech suit and why the suit is a big deal. It's not Iron Man wanking, it's adapting something from the comics.

But they don't know that and just prefer to bitch and argue about it, on both sides, because like I said, they don't have any idea what they're talking about.

>>92656146
Good or not (I don't think it was), it's relevant material and you should at least read the Spider-Man issues of it if you want to know things.
>>
File: zendaya nipslip.jpg (159KB, 1300x942px) Image search: [Google]
zendaya nipslip.jpg
159KB, 1300x942px
>>92644486
Why is everyone bitchin about Zendaya, she is gorgeous! and btw she is in the new fappening OMFG
pic related
>>
>>92656211
you come off as a particularly low intelligence poster. either that or ESL, and in either case should probably kys

there seems to be a few of them here
>>
>>92644486
>DUDE DEATH STAR DID I MENTION WE OWN STAR WARS
>>
>>92656273
This Ned is based off of Ganke, from Ultimate Spider-Man. Ganke is an avid lego figurine builder.
>>
>>92656273

You're missing the bigger picture here. He's enough of a nerd to build a model death star out of lego but not enough of a nerd to know what an AT-AT is called
>>
>>92656195
>It's not Iron Man wanking, it's adapting something from the comics.
Peter became Tony's lapdog in the comics after decades of operating as Spidey on his own. Peter never needed Tony in order to be Spider-Man. MCU would have us believe that Peter would never evolve as a hero without Tony's influence and guidance. That's a PRETTY GODDAMN big difference, bud.

Take the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, replace SHIELD with Robert Downey Jr, and you have Homecoming.
>>
File: 1475734400979.png (661KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1475734400979.png
661KB, 800x806px
>decal on Ned's laptop
>>
>>92656326
No shit it has differences, "bud", it's a movie adaptation. Peter operated as Spider-Man before Tony recruited him for Civil War in the MCU as well. And have you not seen the trailers? Did you not read my post? Homecoming shows all the signs of being a coming of age movie where Peter actually moves away from Tony to become a hero in his own right.
>>
>>92656299
Ganke probably brought it from home. More importantly though, in the first bit of the trailer, Peter tosses his mask to one side while he's on the ceiling, but it gets sharply pulled in the opposite direction.
>>
>>92656408
MCU Peter operated as Spider-Man for some months until Tony fucking discovered his identity on his own. It doesn't matter how much you want to sugarcoat this. MCU Spidey's origin is now completely reliant on Tony Stark. On Robert Downey Jr. This is a bastardization. Not an adaptation.
>>
>>92656469
>MCU Spidey's origin is now completely reliant on Tony Stark.
Except it's not. He chose to be a hero on his own before Tony ever approached him. He made his own gadgets (the web formula, web shooters, sensory filtration goggles) on his own, without Tony. Got his powers without Tony. Fought crime and saved people without Tony. His origin with Uncle Ben is intact. And now, in Homecoming, he's going to beat Vulture WITHOUT TONY. Is the significance of the Iron Spider allegory just totally lost on you? Do you think the writers took the suit from him and had the final fight with Vulture happen in Peter's og suit for shits and giggles?

I'm not sugarcoating anything, buddy. This is how it is. You're pretty much doing the opposite of sugarcoating, dunking things in vinegar and then complaining about much they suck.
>>
>>92644486

So this is under BvS rules right? Anything under a billion must be an under performance
>>
>>92656052
>>92656106
>>92656195
There's quite a difference between Peter rejecting a Stark-made high-tech suit and going back to his original ICONIC Spider-Man costume, and....
Peter rejecting his ICONIC Spider-Man costume which was created by Stark and going back to...what? The costume in the OP?
They've made it so that Spider-Man was created in large by Iron Man.

>>92656567
That's all well and good but they're still going to give us a movie where for the majority of it, he IS completely reliant on Tony Stark. Where he's using a fucking AI and useless, necessary gadgets. I can't understand why so many people DON'T have a problem with the fact that Spider-Man's iconic costume was given to him by another character.

Now, if the movie proves me wrong and does Peter justice, then awesome. I'm just going off what they have chosen to show us.
>>
>>92656612
>BvS
You mean Avengers.
>>
>>92656631
Shit, I meant unnecessary gadgets
>>
>>92656646

Well BvS was an under performance because it didn't hit a billion so that's the line I'm drawing. I doubt this movie can hit anywhere near 1.5
>>
>>92656678
Yes, but it was Avengers that set the standard because it achieved the billion.
>>
Guys.

GUYS!

What if MJ is America?
>>
>>92656698

The Dark Knight hit a billion 4 years before that though
>>
>>92656772
TDK rules then.
>>
>>92644486
why has only a couple of people commented how this isn't the new trailer? its a scene from the movie hat was released a few weeks back with literally 2 seconds of preview footage form the new trailer that comes out today or tomorrow at the beginning?

its really fucking odd that maybe 6 people here have even brought it up. its obviously that the 2 secs at the beginning is of mush lower video quality than anything else.

its also really odd that no one commented on how this is uploaded by marvel but some youtuber, you uploaded this mishmash himself and posted it here for views for ad revenue.
>>
>>92656631
>Peter rejecting his ICONIC Spider-Man costume which was created by Stark and going back to...what? The costume in the OP?
I don't see the problem with it. The costume in the OP is this Peter's creation, and while it isn't his ICONIC costume, it symbolizes his independence here. Just because Peter gets his ICONIC suit from Tony does not mean that Tony made Spider-Man, which is kind of the whole point of the suits and the apparent lesson of the movie. That Peter doesn't NEED the Tony suit to be Spider-Man. And while the costume in the OP isn't the ICONIC suit, I feel like it carries its own charm. That it genuinely looks like a costume a poorboy from Queens would cobble together to fight evil in. I'm not saying he should keep it as the main suit, but that it does its job. When I see Peter fighting Vulture in that suit, I do feel like he's fighting Vulture as himself, as his own hero standing apart from Tony. Which is the point.

>he IS completely reliant on Tony Stark
Fucking. How. Peter built all of his necessary tools himself. Tony just put them together in an upgraded package with toys, just like the Iron Spider suit from the comics.
>>
File: 1165.jpg (48KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1165.jpg
48KB, 1334x750px
>>
>>92656631
>They've made it so that Spider-Man was created in large by Iron Man.
Spider-man is more than his costume. You do get that, right? I mean hell that's the entire moral of the movie.
>>
File: SMH_DOM.jpg (2MB, 1500x2221px) Image search: [Google]
SMH_DOM.jpg
2MB, 1500x2221px
>>92644486
Have some shitty posters
>>
File: _.jpg (1001KB, 2026x3000px) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
1001KB, 2026x3000px
>>92656950
>>
>>92656962
>>92656950
oh come on that is the same picture of Vulture just rotated slightly, surely they can do better than that.
>>
>>92656984
I don't think they're official posters.
>>
>>92656950
>>92656962

Iron Man is going to be on every poster isn't he?

>>92656984

It's also the same Iron Man. They aren't trying with these at all
>>
>>92656146
He schooled you
>>
>>92644486
HE HAS A GIANT DEATH STAR BUT HAS NEVER SEEN EMPIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>92657258
It's Ned's. And he has seen Empire, that's how he knew to do the thing.
>>
>>92656962
Why not just have the Iron Man helmet be opaque in the background?

Or is that too subtle for Sony.
>>
Spider-Man having a parachute just seems deeply wrong. That's the last thing he should have. Same goes for the knock off Jarvis.
>>
>>92657367
oh shit nobody tell him about the web bats
>>
>>92657258
He specifically says he's seen it. He just calls it really old.
>>
>>92657346
its to con the fans of the iron man movies into thinking he shows up for more than eight nonconsecutive minutes
>>
You remember that really old movie, Basic Instinct?

I did that to Pepper Potts, Mr. Stark...and I'll do it to her ass next time if you don't give me the suit!

> Did they go too far with Peter's standing up to Tony.
>>
File: web-chute.jpg (240KB, 866x646px) Image search: [Google]
web-chute.jpg
240KB, 866x646px
>>92657367
>Spider-Man having a parachute just seems deeply wrong
Guess what, nigga has web-skis too. And web hang gliders.
>>
I bet you when Tony, Steve, Clint, Sam, Rhodey, Wanda, Nat, Quill, Rocket, Strange, Thor are all bickering with and at each other, it will be Parker who makes them all stop being petty and unite.
>>
>>92657422
I would hope that we're past the hero bickering by this point.
>>
>>92657396
>I did that to Pepper Potts
you...uncrossed then crossed your legs in front of her while wearing a short skirt and no underwear?
>>
>>92657455
That's pretty hot
>>
>>92657393
>calls it really old
Man, they really want to alienate the audience, don't they?
>>
>>92657418
Yes, but he makes them with webs; he doesn't have them ready in the suit.

>>92657477
4u
>>
>>92657538
you're meant to relate to how alienated that makes tony and rhodey feel, and share their skepticism of just how many brain cells this kid actually has to make some a stupid phrasing
>>
>>92657549
>he doesn't have them ready in the suit.
Do you mean the webpits?
>>
>>92657594
No, anon; they're for gliding, not for skiing or parachuting.
>>
>>92657617
gliding and parachuting are the same thing, using a foil to slow your descent
>>
>>92657642
No they aren't.
>>
>>92646082
Ghostbusters didn't flop. They did the most underhanded shit ever and turned it into a gender-war. Remember when they actually said

>It is your duty to see this film as someone that isn't a misogynistic Trump supporter.
>>
>>92656906
It's an entirely unneccessary moral though when Spider-Man was the creator of his own goddamn costume that made him iconic in the source material and the Raimi films which will probably stay the most popular Spider-Man films at this rate.

>>92656906
Again, it's only ONE tool. His webshooters. He created everything else in the comics and the movie makes those inventions of Tony's for some retarded reason. That would be like Batman making Cyborg's... cyborg-ness.
>>
>>92657675
>Ghostbusters didn't flop

Yes it did
>>
>>92657675
It wasn't a giant flop but it did do rather poor for the brand recognition. They barely recouped their production costs.
>>
>>92657679
>That would be like Batman making Cyborg's... cyborg-ness.
Well, not Batman but his father was responsible for it.
>>
>>92657698
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it would be as big of a retarded decision in the sense of trying to tie in a more popular hero inexplicably into his origin.
>>
>>92657675
Ghostbusters could have been good if they just made a movie with a story and characters instead of turning it into an agenda.
>>
>>92647317
>Hell, even the DCEU is better at competing with Marvel than Sony is

To the surprise of fucking no one. If the DC movies were good they would make just as much as the MCU, if not more
>>
>>92657717

An all female ghostbusters could have worked if the women were hot
>>
>>92657721
>pretending to be a DC fan
lol
>>
>>92657690
>>92657691
>>92657717
Oh, didn't know that. Good.
>>
>>92657750

OK anon. The DCEU has raked in the cash despite being torn to shreds by critics. With good reviews and word of mouth shit like Suicide Squad could have made a billion
>>
>>92657711
They did that when they turned Cyborg into a walking talking motherbox and literally nobody gave a shit.
>>
>>92657797
>company warring
That's my marlelfag.
>>
>>92656103
ennui
ɒnˈwiː/
noun: a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement.
>>
>>92657679
What has Tony made, really? Let's itemize it.
He's made a little spider-drone, which is a relatively new thing and not essential. He maybe made the web pits, which again are a nice nod but not essential seeing as how Peter's gone without them for decades at a time. He's made a flashlight. Which is a fucking flashlight. Who cares.

The only real tool that actually matters and is necessary to Spider-man is the web shooters and Peter still made those himself. Which again, is the point. The essential Spider-man is still 100% Peter. Stop flipping out at some toyetic bullshit when even the movie itself is saying it's not necessary to the character.
>>
>>92656106
Because then we can't predict a huge marvel failure.
>>
>>92657538
I doubt most people would take offense to a 15 year old calling a 36 year old movie "old".
>>
>>92658021
They will if they like non-prequel, non-Disney Star Wars.
>>
>>92658040
Then they're dumb. You can like old things.
>>
>>92644486
this is the only good trailer. Fuck that spoiler garbage
>>
>>92644486
>friend is asian
FOR THE CHINESE MARKET! THAT'S WHY! CHINAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>>
How come no one is talking about the Scarlet Spider outfit?
>>
>>92658699
I'm a sucker for homemade costumes so it's refreshing he'll have it for the whole climax if not second half.
>>
>>92657418
That's the issue where he humiliates Jack o Lantern, it's pretty good.

First time I've seen Aunt May grtting mad at him. Decent drama
>>
>>92658805
>Jack o Lantern
What happened to him, anyway?
I don't think I've seen him in years.
>>
>>92644486
>More Star Wars plugging
>Everything is about Avengers and Stark
>More "babbling is a joke" humor instead of legitimate writing
>>
>>92646082
>The literal future of the studio seems to rely on The Emoji Movie doing gangbusters
FINALLY, SONY FILMS IS GONNA FUCKING DIE!
That's what you get for canceling the popeye movie you cunts!
>>
>Donald Glover, want to be in our movie?
>Sure but only if I don't have to shave, get dressed, or act.
>>
Really hoping that they don't fuck up the Shocker.
He's my favorite Spidy villain
>>
>>92657808
Nobody gave a shit about cyborg in general
>>
>>92658989
I think he died in Agent Venom or something.
>>
>>92657679
>It's an entirely unneccessary moral
Wrong. It's actually quite necessary if they want to divorce Peter from Tony, since his introduction in Civil War has, essentially, made Peter into kind of a youth outreach project for Tony.

>Again, it's only ONE tool. His webshooters.
Try again buddy. It's three.

>web fluid (it counts)
>web shooters
>sensory filtration goggles
If he had spider tracers he would have pretty much the iconic Spider-Man loadout without Tony doing a thing. All of the other inventions (webpit glide, drone, web bomb thing, etc) are the Iron Spider upgrades of the MCU.
>>
>>92657711
Tony isn't tied into Peter's origin. Peter was operating as Spider-Man with his own gadgets before Tony ever approached him.
>>
File: 1487174750624.jpg (53KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
1487174750624.jpg
53KB, 640x606px
>people complaining about peter having an ai
>not realizing that tony is probably using it to monitor peter in costume like the iron spider suit does in the comics
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.