[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled and been vacuumed up by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: 124132412.jpg (55KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
124132412.jpg
55KB, 320x480px
So now that the dust has settled and been vacuumed up by the maid, what did /co/ thing of I HURT MYSELF TODAY?
>>
>>92640428
it hit my "you haven't have kids yet and will die alone" button

but it's probably not great as a Wolverine movie but I don't read comics and learned about him from the first xmen movie
>>
>>92640428
Was largely indifferent to it. Thought him fighting a younger clone was dumb. By the time x-23 was giving her little eulogy at his grave, I was kind of just itching to get up and leave by then.
>>
>>92640428
Boring, not as much as batman movies, but still fucking boring
>>
I liked it a lot and I'm going to watch the Black and White version monday.
>>
>>92640428
I liked it. Jut watched Honest Trailers video on it and it made me emotional again, meaning that the impact the movie left on me when I watched is still there. That'a good thing.
>>
It was a pretty solid movie, I only didnt liked how emotional X.23 got when Logan died, because even if they bonded I didn't saw her seeing this mess of a man she met recently as a fatherly figure.

If something this movie wasn't made to catter comic book fans that hard that's why I like it more.
>>
>>92640428
It's a very good movie, but it's not really a comic book movie. It's more like a western and is less about shoving recognizable easter eggs on screen than it is about characters.
>>
I thought it was pretentious garbage.
>>
>>92641729

I never got that she saw him as fatherly, I thought the Shane elements of the film we're a little too heavy handed for anyone to miss.

She just saw him as what he was, a relic of a lost time that had one last use, an idealized person that never really wanted to be idealized that she got to connect with before he went out in a blaze of glory that want even that glorious.

I mean it's no unforgiven, but it was alright.
>>
>>92640428
Pretty decent modern Western.
Will probably watch it a few more times.
>>
>>92642486
I say it solely because at least in the spanish version she cries his death and says "Papi" or Daddy
>>
>>92640428
Just watched it today. It was both incredibly entertaining and refreshingly brutal.
We need more cape movies like this and less "save the city from a blue laser in the sky" plots.
>>
>>92642697
That's sort of a monkey's paw wish though. The reason this felt fresh and good was because it was different. If all movies start being exactly like this, it would get stale and annoying. Then, you'd start wishing for more fun and upbeat save the world stories for superheroes.
>>
Just got a copy. About to watch for the first time. Making popcorn.
>>
>>92642193

>pretentious

But why?
>>
>>92643089
I didn't mean "follow this exact formula." Obviously that would only lead to stagnation. What I meant was have more cape movies produced with a tighter focus on characters and story. How many times do we need to see a guy put on a suit and save the city from a villain?
The real thing that distinguished Logan was that it felt like a film about people. Take away all the gore, swearing, and comicbook backstory, and you're still left with a very tight movie about a broken man trying to salvage himself and do right. Unless the action is REALLY fucking spectacular, without a solid emotional core a lot of these movies end up feeling like hollow spectacle.
>>
>>92640428
Awesome, brutal, cathartic.
>>
I was playing Marvel Puzzle Quest shortly after seeing the movie, and they had an Old Man Logan event called No More Guns In The Valley, and just seeing the title made me almost tear up.

While playing a fucking mobile puzzle game.
>>
Really liked it. I felt it could have gone better with different villains than just the Weapon X company, but it was still great. Very emotional, and not in a cheap way.
>>
File: 522147.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
522147.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
I can't take any more of these X-Men movies

I have been just rolling my eyes at the franchise since maybe the second or third movie and yet it still carries on
>>
File: 1492540049097.jpg (162KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
1492540049097.jpg
162KB, 970x545px
>>92641729
I feel her connection was gained in the comics she read about him in. She was so inspired, and she believed Logan the "Wolverine" was a hero. Her care taker told her that he is her dad. He was her hope her hero on a personal level after that.
In the end he was all he was cracked up to be.
>>
>>92640428
I wasn't crying at the end. You were crying.
>>
>>92644469
Obviously you're not rolling your eyes hard enough
>>
>>92640428
If I could make any one wish, I would like the power kill everyone who has ever started a thread on this board with the phrase "now that the dust had settled".
It wouldn't be a painful death or anything, you'd just quietly expire as soon as you finger moved to the Post button and you'd never get to post it.

That's all I have to say.
>>
>>92641432

>They should of had Lady Death Strike and Mister Sinister and more explosions.
>>
>>92640428
Needed less retarded bs about mutant clones and the same shitty X-Men premise and more "bitter old man bonding with a cute little girl that sparks his latent father instincts and he learns how to feel again."

X-23 should've been just a girl with his same power set, not a clone. Both in the movie and in the comics. Oh and there should be more indifference toward mutants as a whole, where the entire anti-mutant shit is just Magneto and Prof X manufacturing controversy
>>
>>92645126
Doesn't that defeat the entire premise?
>>
>>92644790
Fag
>>
>>92641432
>not as much as batman movies
>>
>>92641729
>she calls him daddy
>not "papá"

i don't know why but this bothered me more than anything else
>>
>>92640428
Its pretty good, but overrated. I thought the shane thing was really lazy desu and it was just predictable in general. You know whats going to happen with the black family immediately, you know how the general beats are going to play out.

I'd say the second best thing in the IP though after X2 and definitely one of the best examples of capeshit.
>>
>>92648757
>You know whats going to happen with the black family immediately
what was charles fucking problem?
>we are being followed by this evil corporation that won't hesitate in murder people
>let's stay and risk the lives of these civilians

even if you justify it with him being senile, logan should have know better and firmly decide to leave, no matter what
>>
>>92649032
Logan and Charles don't realize Caliban is actually alive and being forced to help them until it's too late.
>>
I liked how at the end he faked his death just long enough for her to leave so he wouldn't have to take care of her.
>>
I thought it was boring. Honestly nowhere near deserving the praise and hype. The gore was near, sure, but the action scenes were ultimately the same as all the ones we got in the other 8 or so X-Men movies. The Wolverine was a way better Wolverine movie. There wasn't enough world building to support the supposedly dystopian future they kept implying. The little girl who keeps getting tons of unwarranted praise did fuck all except screech and say a few lines in Spanish. 6/10, one of the weaker X-Men movies imo.

Oh, and the border between North Dakota and Canada isn't fucking desert badlands. That shit was jarringly stupid.
>>
>>92649460
>Oh, and the border between North Dakota and Canada isn't fucking desert badlands. That shit was jarringly stupid.
Because it's the future!
If you're going to rate it 6/10 because you didn't pay attention to the movie and so didn't understand it then whatever. But do know that you're wrong.
>>
>>92644257
Grow some testicles; that should solve your problems.
>>
>>92640428
I thought it was great, except for X-24. I understand his important to the narrative, even going as far as saying the whole deal with X-24 killing Charles after his monologue, and Logan saying "It wasn't me" was the best scene in a movie I've seen this year, but fuck did it make me mad that the villain was just himself instead of something more interesting.
>>
>>92649608
No, that's not why. It looks like that because they only filmed in New Mexico and they're lazy morons who figure no one would notice how dumb and wrong it is. The movie is a 6/10 at best for many more reasons than that too. It's an edgelord waste of time with horrendous pacing, bog standard action scenes, a boring story with shitty and totally unmemorable villains, and an annoying little girl. It also totally shit on Charles Xavier and glossed over his death as if it didn't matter. It's not a good film.
>>
>>92640428
Overrated. Just a cold send off to a lukewarm adaptation of one of Marvel's best characters. Of course, those easily swayed by emotional moments (no matter how forced they are) will praise it just for being so different from other superhero movies.
>>
>>92648438
thats exactly what bothered me, she wasnt the kind of girl that calls his dad, daddy.
>>
>everyone praising the film as so emotional and sad
>I'm man enough to admit that I'm a crier when sad things happen in movies/shows/books/etc
>Watched this movie and not one single tear was shed
Movie tried way too fucking hard and falls completely flat as far as I'm concerned. None of the emotional moments are earned, it felt so forced. The little girl did nothing special to gain all this recognition as a great new actress either. Very disappointing movie.
>>
>>92649460
>The Wolverine was a way better Wolverine movie.

Honestly that was the movie that soured me on Fox's version of Wolverine, and Logan just solidified it. It's when it dawned on me that no one involved in the movies was willing to bring any of the nuance the character has in the comics to the big screen.
>>
>>92650330
The Wolverine had better action scenes than Logan. A better romance than the imaginary one he had with Jean Grey. Much better villains than Logan. And was overall a much more entertaining and inspired film. Logan was just shit.

I agree they've dropped the ball with him a lot though, and his continuity is totally fucked. It was such a copout that it wasn't him who killed all the X-Men, and they didn't even bother to show it at all.
>>
I watched this movie and X-Men Apocalypse back to back the other day because I hadn't seen either and I liked Apocalypse a lot better.
>>
I genuinely liked that he and Charles were old in an unglamorous way, to the point where my brother was cringing realizing that's gonna be us taking care of our dad in about thirty years. It's also one of the rare films where the swearing didn't feel forced for edge. It just felt like they no longer gave a fuck since there's no kids around to be traumatized by bad words.
>>
>>92640428
It was pretty great. Especially since every X-Men movie up until this has been god-awful, with the semi-exception of First Class being mediocre to decent.

So many great scenes from the opening cholos, to Patrick Stewart's Taco Belling, to things like bullets ripping flesh or being shafted in the head with a foot-long pike actually having an effect.
>>
>>92640428

Loved it. Easily in the top five of my favorite comic book movies of the last twenty years.
>>
File: 10hu1f.jpg (88KB, 575x414px) Image search: [Google]
10hu1f.jpg
88KB, 575x414px
Ultimately...disappointing.

I will give this film its due. It is probably the best shot out of all the x-men films out there. Visually, it was amazing to watch.

Storywise...it was bullshit.

I mean, "there are no more x-men because Xavier had a seizure" is...well, it's a fucking insult. Especially after Days of Future Past did so much to give us a Happy Future after all the bullshit that had gone down in X-3 and nearly killed the franchise. I mean, you're telling me that some of the greatest scientific minds out there, like Beast...didn't notice a problem during routine physicals, and a school that regularly dealt with out of control mutant powers via the students wouldn't have defenses set up for EXACTLY the kind of situation that happened? Fucking bullshit.

Also, the whole "this damn adamantium is killing my healing factor" thing. No, clearly, not the case. Because he'd had it for what, 40-60 years with no side effects? I might have bought the healing factor dying off due to the massive trauma of what Xavier's mind farts had done overloading Logan's body (since it was enough to kill an entire school of mutants while Jean "Muh Phenux" Grey was in house, and again, how come she couldn't do shit?). But nooooo.

Hell, I would have accepted the whole "gene therapy that destroyed mutation" as an argument for why logan lost his healing factor and xavier when spastic, but they didn't even give that much.

The whole "weapon x" project struck me as stupid too. I mean, X-23 is about 12 in the film? Charles only had his fart a year or two before the film started...so Xavier, the world's most powerful telepath, who could have been searching weekly for new mutants since the "vanishing" never picked up a dozen mutants all i the same place? Or again, the X-men, a group built to find and take out threats to mutants, with geniuses on the team, never, ever, ever...figured out the cause even though, logically, they should have been searching day and night for why it happened?
>>
>>92651930
>there are no more x-men because Xavier had a seizure
It's because they were all hunted down, didn't you infer it from the interactions with Caliban and what's his name?

>Because he'd had it for what, 40-60 years
And people go around 80 or so before their cells reach their reproductive limit and start fucking up (ex: cancer).

>Charles only had his fart a year or two
To get to that level it usually takes more time unless there was a massive stroke. Obviously in his limited capability he was still able to keep tabs on the program and knew about the girl.

I think you just wanted to hate the film and then framed your argument after the fact.
>>
File: rtaer.png (26KB, 138x195px) Image search: [Google]
rtaer.png
26KB, 138x195px
>>92640428
A fucking metal comic book super hero movie
>>
>>92651930
>Because he'd had it for what, 40-60 years with no side effects?

Smokers can be perfectly fine for decades, and then they tip over the critical line and cancer has them in the grave in less than a year.
The same is true for many such things on both micro (sleep deprivation) and macro scales (old age dementia). The human body can often endure, without apparent distress, damage that approaches total collapse. This is the benefit and curse of evolutions all or nothing score system.
>>
>>92640428
X-24 ruined it. I understood the symbolism, but it ultimately fell flat.
>>
>>92652163
>It's because they were all hunted down
no, it was put that the kill team had hunted down other mutants. But it was pretty clear that the X-men had died due to Charle's brain blast. Logan stated at some point they were all at the mansion when it happened.

Logan was, what, 200? and the last we saw of him, which was maybe 10 years before this movie, he was doing perfectly fine with no hints of ever slowing down. Maybe there were scenes that were cut, but again, it came across that the healing factor loss was pretty recent, possibly starting around the time of the brain blast.

>massive stroke
the movie made it seem like it was a massive, sudden stroke. So before then, he should have been able to track the new mutants, but instead he doesn't know about Laura until she's within fifty miles and actively hunting for him, if that.

I went in to the movie hyped as fuck. I didn't hate the movie until after, and it was because of the plot holes. I gave it every chance it could, but all it did was shit over good characters with a story with beautiful lacquer and rotten wood.
>>
>>92640428
saw it twice in the theater. 9/10 would watch again preferably in black and white
movie drags a bit when they get to the kids, common complaint but hell its common for a reason
>>
>>92640428
I still have the collectors cup on my desk.
>>
>>92653360
When were those a thing?
>>
>>92649032
>what was charles fucking problem?
The anti-Mutant war is a joint effort between him and Magneto so the two have something to do with their time
>>
>>92640428
I enjoyed it from start to finish. I admit I wish that if they were going to use a clone as the villain, and give him no depth, that it was a clone of Sabretooth, rather than Logan.

Or just cast a different actor as Daken. But, I fucking loved it. It felt like the perfect send off to the character of Wolverine, and I hope they don't recast him anytime soon.
>>
Fuck off back to /tv/
>>
I liked the action, atmosphere/tone and Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart's performances.

X-23, the other mexican kids, villains and the plot in general were pretty weak in my opinion. Really dragged the movie down for me, but I still enjoyed it mostly because Jackman acted the shit out of that weak script.
>>
>>92654643
During the screenings in Australia
>>
File: 1318310220905.gif (3MB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
1318310220905.gif
3MB, 250x170px
Daddy

Fantastic movie overall, villains were pretty weak and the plot was meh but they were just background motivation for the main characters to do stuff.

Surprisingly one of the funniest comic book movies despite being horribly depressing at the same time. It's hard to think of another movie that balances action, drama, and comedy as well as Logan.
>>
>>92647273
>>92649655
>Anon doesn't cry
Your emotions will build up inside of you for years and you will do something bad. Just let it out in a healthy way. You won't be any less of a man. It's not possible at this point.
>>
>>92655611
Swearing Patrick Stewart is funnier than a thousand quips.
>>
It was hilarious that the nigglet kid had electricity powers
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.