[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camp Weedonwantcha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 339_review.jpg (810KB, 970x1275px) Image search: [Google]
339_review.jpg
810KB, 970x1275px
Wherein Katie tries to make as many references to previous comics as possible.
>>
File: 145_mapped_out2.jpg (804KB, 970x1411px) Image search: [Google]
145_mapped_out2.jpg
804KB, 970x1411px
I wonder if Linus has been to the main office.
>>
>>92632330
>It's been 2(two) years since we found out about the main office
>Absolutely nothing has happened since then
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>92631719
WHERE'S THE FUCKING CAT?!
>>
>>92633512
Come on, it's not that hard here. Under the bed in last panel.
>>
Does Malachi have a lowkey crush on Linus or is he just desperate for an older male role-model?
>>
>>92633590
Do we even know anything about his dad? IIRC all his flashbacks involve his mom.
>>
>>92633705
Yeah I always figured he was an only child of a single-distant mom. Maybe she blamed him for his father leaving/dying, maybe she just put a lot of pressure on him to be "the best" to resurrect some twisted form of Malachi's dad, who knows?
>>
>>92633766
We'll probably find out sometime in 2020 given the comic's pace.
>>
>>92633101

...What would there be in the Main Office that would explain anything that isn't in the title already?

The secret behind the Titans? Geesh.
>>
>>92634163
Who makes the supply drops? Where is the camp? How do so many different people (Malachi's and Seventeen's families) know about the camp? How does a camp for unwanted kids make any sense in the first place?
>>
>>92634274
It's funny how none of the campers seems interested in tackling these important questions. It's like to them it's just the way things are.

I bet the moment they start seriously questioning things is the same time a mountain lion decides to carry them off in their teeth.
>>
>>92634625
I mean Proto Kid's existence confirms that there's some supernatural shit going on. And of course there's the question of what happens to campers that grow up.
>>
>Katie only had 83 patrons on patreon
I always kind of thought she was more popular.
>>
>>92635023
She's certainly not all that popular on here.
>>
File: 132_trial_and_error1.jpg (500KB, 970x1320px) Image search: [Google]
132_trial_and_error1.jpg
500KB, 970x1320px
>>92633705
>>92633766
It seems like his father used to be a well known scientist.
>>
File: 19119298853_60a251178c_o.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
19119298853_60a251178c_o.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>92635234
She used to be well regarded here, just after she won strip search.
Also because of the art she posted on her blog and stuff like pic related.
>>
>>92635405
I had forgotten about that strip, now I'm sad again.
>>
>>92635532
Who has a sadder backstory Malachi or Seventeen?
>>
>>92635595
Seventeen I guess, if only because Malachi at least had a better standard of living.
>>
>>92631719
Why would they send Linus to this camp?
>>
>>92635405
I always kind of suspected that this was a lie his mother told him. She seems like the type to make up a story about having had a genius scientist husband so that people wouldn't know she was knocked up by a loser. It could also just as easily be true, though
>>
>>92634625
>It's like to them it's just the way things are

Most of the time that's the general reasoning for pretty much anything a child faces until they're much older. "Why do i have to go to school?" "Why do i have to be nice to crazy aunt susan?" " how does a car work?" "Why did dad leave?"

Really often the answer a kid has to deal with is just "because" until they can form a bigger understanding of the world and see a bigger picture.

So pretty early in life they can become accepting of some really crazy things because from their limited perspective it's not crazier than anything else they deal with every day and they don't have enough experience to contradict it and tell them how it doesn't make sense. This is why it's so easy to sell young kids the idea of santa clause: to him, he's just another fact, and his workshop in the north pole is just as real as any other foreign monument on the other side of the world.
>>
>>92636380
I mean that makes sense, but you'd think campers as old as Linus or Purdy would have the capacity to question things like the supply drops or the logistics of the place.
>>
>>92636072
Probably wasn't sociable enough for his parents' liking. The real tragedy I think isn't just that the kids get abandoned, it's that most of them would probably do really well if they just swapped families with each other
>>
>>92636449
Maybe, but in Purdy's case she seems kind of like a ditz, and while i can see Linus thinking about it, I think after so many years it's not odd that he wouldn't talk about those thoughts, because what can he do about it anyway?

Also the important thing about learning to ask questions is experience, and these kids are in a really stagnant environment where they don't have a lot of opportunities for learning that kind of thought process.
>>
>>92636522
Some kids have done criminal acts though, like Kate with the kleptomania, and the blond bowl haircut kid who is implied to be a murderer, though it might just be that their parents don't want their family name tarnished.
>>
>>92633705
Malachi told his cat that his dad was never there for him.
>>
>>92636620
> implying some of the families aren't criminals themselves that would be fine with a criminal kid as long as they didn't get caught too much

Seventeen's older siblings had a still, but they weren't the ones abandoned. I'm sure that family would like to have the murderer kid around to quietly thin their numbers for them a little.
>>
>>92636601
Either way, it's frustrating that there's going to be an indefinite amount of time before we get more story progress.
>>
>>92635428
>>92635234
Is she not? I recall her being pretty well liked.
>>
>>92637061
I don't want to get my hopes up, but what with this useful box being discovered, we might start getting it as early as the very next page.

I mean the story seems to be leading up to an arc more focused on Linus and his birthday, but we also just got this map that might have the office marked on it, so it's possible Malachi may notice that and decide to check it out and potentially find something useful.
>>
>>92637088
Being well liked here isn't a good way to become popular here. I lot of things /co/ pretty much unanimously likes get very short threads because there's nothing to bitch and complain and argue over.
>>
>>92637088
Iunno about /co/ in general, I'm a big fan of her art, and Adam's writing.

Camp Weedonwantcha is the only webcomic I've bought merch for. My signed copy of the first volume anthology sits nicely in my shelf.
>>
>>92637806
This, for example /co/ loves Mary Cagle, but Sleepless Domain threads die pretty quickly, while on the other hand Questionable Content gets hundreds of replies on a comic pretty much everyone hates.
>>
>>92637840
They mostly like her for LSE though, and those threads used to be pretty sizeable.
>>
>>92634274
>How does a camp for unwanted kids make any sense in the first place?

If I recall correctly, Katie explained that there has been some cataclysmic upheaval in society and some people decided to ditch their children in this "camp" as an alternative to outright killing them. The supply drops are funded by the parents who don't want the kids to outright die, but don't care enough to actually take care of them.
>>
>>92638170
Source? Did she post this on social media someplace, or say it in an interview or something? Because this sounds more like a fan theory.
>>
>>92634274
who cares.its not a comic about deep lore anyways
>>
>>92638321
I wouldn't care if there wasn't this comic >>92632330 that seems to indicate that there is some kind of story beyond "kids at a camp for unwanted children".
>>
>>92637931
There are exceptions where we'll get good regular threads for things we actually like. But it works a lot better for gag a day webcomics like Whomp and LSE where people go off on long off topic tangents loosely related to the OP or post a lot of random previous strips. It doesn't take as well to webcomics that regularly alternate between single page gags and longer story arcs like CW does.
>>
>>92638390
What other webcomics do the mix of storylines with gag a day that CW does anyways?
>>
>>92631719
Damn, Malachi actually did a really good job on his map. Usually when someone tries to make a map for the first time of an area they can only walk through it winds up really inaccurate, but Malachi's map is really close to the real one.

Also I think it's funny the real map has little stink lines coming out of the outhouses.
>>
>>92638483
I think it's common for webcomics to start out with short gags before getting into long arcs. I think JL8 and Ellory the Shark did this. But if the author is smart, they'll still sprinkle smaller gags between bigger stories to keep the readers' attention and give a breather between arcs, also gags work well as padding when thinking up bigger ideas and are good for hooking new readers.

Strangely, Questionable Content works as an example that can often very quickly switch out of its current plot, go to a different one for just a page or two, and then onto a new one, leaving the single page as amounting to just a gag if it never gets picked up again. But that's less purposeful good strategy and more the author's erratic writing method that just bumps all over the place.
Sinfest is sort of another example.

Man, I really should start reading new webcomics.
>>
>>92635595
I think I have to go with Seventeen.
>>
>>92637756
The front page confirms that this will be a new story line and the last one in Volume 2, and that they're going to be doingg some planning to ensure Volume 3 has less filler, which is encouraging.
>>
File: Kennedy.jpg (795KB, 970x733px) Image search: [Google]
Kennedy.jpg
795KB, 970x733px
I want to lick Kennedy's feet.
>>
File: 330_musing.jpg (455KB, 970x762px) Image search: [Google]
330_musing.jpg
455KB, 970x762px
>>92639844
She's become surprisingly sweet over time.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.