[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. Is that Dr. Manhattan's symbol in the Zero Hour logo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Zero_Hour_4.jpg (78KB, 496x750px) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Hour_4.jpg
78KB, 496x750px
So. Is that Dr. Manhattan's symbol in the Zero Hour logo?
>>
Wasn't the villain of that originally supposed to be Captain Atom?
>>
It's just an eye. It has no Watchmen relation as it never intended to. Unless MUH HYPERCRISIS.
>>
>>92629033
"Was never intended to" can't mean a whole lot when retcons exist
>>
>>92628996
No, that was Armageddon 2001.
>>
>>92629046
It's a logo. You can't retcon a real life logo to say "Oh yeah, we meant that to be Doctor Manhattan's logo, we knew Rebirth was happening since the 90s." It's just lying.
>>
>>92629060
AAArgh that's right. Why did I get those two mixed up?
>>92629065
>>
>>92629065
That's exactly what a retcon is though
"Oh yeah we meant________even though that's not how it was originally intended to be"
>>
>>92629079
Cuz Monarch, the villain of Armageddon who was supposed to originally be Captain Atom but got made into Hank Hall at the last second, became Extant who was then one of the two villains of Zero Hour.

>>92629096
No, a retcon refers to story. It acknowledges that it wasn't the original intent.

You can't retcon a logo because it's marketing material, it's real life. You can't retcon real life.
>>
>>92629121
Doctor Manhattan can.
>>
>>92629079
Because Hawk ended up being the villain for both of those...for some reason
>>
>>92629121
Slipping a clue like that into the logo retroactively is totally a thing they would do.
Exactly for Hypertime reasons
>>
>>92629171
So what, they're gonna have Batman take a copy of Zero Hour out of his longboxes and zoom in on it and go HE WAS HERE ALL ALONG!
>>
>>92629212
He's fucking holding the Watchmen button isn't he?
For real though, I'm not saying it's something that will even be perceived by the characters in-story but look what happened in that story, It even had alternate versions of characters getting their continuity folded into one single history.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.