[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sam Raimi & Marc Webb Pass On THE FLASH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: The Flash.png (597KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.png
597KB, 500x648px
They weren't kidding when they said WB wanted this to be their Spider-Man.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/16/flash-director-robert-zemeckis-matthew-vaughn/
>>
I’m pulling for Vaughn. He’s got a kinetic shooting style that’d really suit the Flash.
>>
>>92616190
I don't get it, what is it about this project that sends directors running? There must be someone seriously toxic from WB for this to keep happening.
>>
>>92617379
im pretty sure its WB's insistence on basicly copying the entire tv show without the cast
>Thawne in a wheelchare in the past
>Black Iris
>another Zoom final battle
>>
The exact same EW report that included Billy Crudup leaving the Flash before they edited that part out

Sod off
>>
>>92617379

Have you, by chance, seen any DC films recently?
>>
>>92617379
>what is it about this project that sends directors running
CARLOS
>>
>>92617379
>I don't get it, what is it about this project that sends directors running? There must be someone seriously toxic from WB for this to keep happening.
With connected universes, what happens is that the studio has an idea of what kind of movie they want, and then they try to find a director who suits the film they had in mind.

For people to pass on the job, it either meant that
1. The script, and more importantly the demands that can't be altered from higher ups, is a stinking mess and that if you take the job you will stain your own career.

2. Time. You could be given an unrealistic deadline for film release compared to the amount of work left to do. You see it as mission impossible and say no.

The Batman solo film was likely 2 until it got delayed so it no longer mattered. I suspect Flash is 1.
>>
>>92616190
This is the same report that Billy droped out of the project and they just edited it out, I would take this with a block of salt
>>
>>92617481
It's currently going through a page-1 rewrite according to rumors, yes? I could see how directors would like to influence that.
>>
>>92617497
I wouldn't. Neither Raimi nor Webb would want to get involved with a troubled production after what they've gone through with Spider-Man.
>>
>>92617692
Yes. From the guy whose only script writing credit so far is Guy Ritchie's King Arthur movie.

So yeah.
>>
>>92617439
You do know thats not the plot right?!
Thats the scprit the tv show was based on.
Tgey rewrote the whole thing
>>
Are WB lowballing directors that not even the money is worth it?
>>
>>92617963
It was Seth Grahame-Smith's pitch but he's long gone.
>>
>>92617053
>Vaughn
I want him for MoS 2 though.
>>
>>92618335
My guess is that it's like this:

>Hello director, want to make the Flash?
>I'm interested.
>Okay, you need to do this this and this because it needs to set up these two movies, and you need to include a cameo of this character to tease their movie, then it needs to tie into the Justice League like this...
>You know what, nevermind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.