[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we even care about fanbases anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1438903508140.png (86KB, 248x235px) Image search: [Google]
1438903508140.png
86KB, 248x235px
Why do we even care about fanbases anyway?
>>
Because they make taking part in other aspects of fandom tiresome.

You can avoid direct interaction but looking for fanart or whatever is just awful if you have go through a bunch of stupid shit on the way.
>>
certain fanbases are harmful

Deadpool fanbase = they ruined my life motherfucker
>>
>>92611800
Because fan bases are who we talk to when we discuss a show or a comic. The worse the fanbase, the more painful it is to discuss the show.
>>
>>92611800
I don't, whenever I get interested in a show the only interaction I have with the fanbase is through following fanartist that make stuff that I like and talking to my friends about the show if they also happen to like the show. It's really not that hard to enjoy a show without investing a lot of interest into the fandom, as long as you have a good head on your shoulders.
>>
Because /co/ is full of losers who spend 90% of their life talking about cartoons on the internet.
>>
>>92611800
The worse is /co/ could also talks shit about a very minor or inexistant fanbase.

anyway the most cringy fanbase are the ones infested by the furry fandom or some vidyas attracting really shitty people, but it's often related to the online.
>>
>>92611800
Because their autism will always spill over their containers and splash you, even if you aren't looking for it. Radioactive waste is more easily kept contained.
>>
>>92611844
The very concept of "fandom" is a fucking bastion of stupid. Cartoons should be looked at as works rather than shit to project onto yourself. Fuck convention tumblrinas.

>>92611911
>Deadpool fanbase
Normies ruined your life. That's true of like 60% of the people on here dude.
>>
>>92611800

Because /co/ doesn't want to admit it, but by taking part is constant discussion and indulging in fanworks, they are part of these fandoms. That is why people care so much.
>>
File: spongebob.gif (436KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.gif
436KB, 500x338px
>>92611911

>they ruined my life
>Normies ruined your life

Nobody ruined your life except for yourself.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.