[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0157.jpg (49KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0157.jpg
49KB, 384x384px
What is \co\ opinion on preacher series? Does it live up to the comics? Havent seen it yet so spoiler-free opinions plz
>>
>>92605549

His vampire buddy that he treats like shit is best part of the show, women are insufferable cunts. Thee end.
>>
>>92605549
>Can we talk about this thing without talking about it?
As comic book Jesse would say, "Go Fuck Yourself".
>>
>>92605549
Great show. Average comic.
>>
File: preacher-amc-004.jpg (202KB, 2200x1649px) Image search: [Google]
preacher-amc-004.jpg
202KB, 2200x1649px
>>92605565
This. Cassidy is best boy.
>>
File: Preacher_3_cover.jpg (315KB, 1187x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Preacher_3_cover.jpg
315KB, 1187x1920px
>>92605628
God tier casting there
>>
Absolute shite.
>>
>>92605628
>they gave him his glasses
welp might pick this up after all
>>
>>92605722
Shut the fuck up Jesse
>>
File: 1477430228202.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1477430228202.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>92605549
It quickly diverges from the comic and a lot of details are swapped around or outright changed. Cassidy is spot-fuckin'-on (haircolor aside of course) but Jess and Tulip are kind of their own characters; overall I still enjoyed it and am eagerly awaiting the second season.

>>92605767
Anon...
>>
>>92605549
This hasn't been cancelled yet? Huh.
>>
>>92605628
>Totally different shades
>concealing perfectly normal eyes
>Not even red hair
>"He's Inelligent, Nihilistic with a Wicked Sense of Humor like me" characterization
>>
>>92605549
I slogged through the first season, it convinced me not to watch the second.
>>
>>92605549
Utter shit.
>>
Comic is great, though the overall arc is unfocused and meandering despite being a blast to read.

The show is very different. Only in the penultimate episode did it feel anything like the comic book. I'm holding out hope that the second season onwards turns the whole thing into more of an american oddysey but im not holdong my breath.
>>
>>92605549
Imagine if the first season of Game of Thrones was about Jon, acting completely out of character, faffing about on another town similar but not exactly Winterfell, Roose Bolton is there for some reason, everyone but Jon (even Roose) dies at the end, and the show ends with the Starks finally leaving for King's Landing.

That's the Preacher tv show.

Jesse and Tulip behave the completely opposite way they do in the book, Cassidy is fun because of the actor, but other than being a bit nastier, is indistinguishable from his character from Misfits.

Arsefase is made into an attempted murderer (but he's nice now because he regrets it), and Odin Quincannon, though his character has more meat (pun intended) to him than in the comic, is there just to die at the end along with every other shitty new character they invented for the show.

So they waste a whole season to get Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy to start their road trip.

The Saint of Sinners is also there, and the sequences about his backstory and his time in Hell are good, but he also reaches the show having done NOTHING.

If you haven't read the comic and don't intend to, it may be an alright show. The actors for Cassidy and Odin are the best part of it and almost make the show, but the actors for Jesse, Tulip (who is somehow an Oscar winner, even), Arseface and everyone else are SHIT.
>>
I enjoyed the show having not read the comics. I think that will change though when i get around to reading them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.