[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HAD THE BETTER DEATH, EAT IT AKUFAGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: Bill_cipher.png (69KB, 512x682px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_cipher.png
69KB, 512x682px
I HAD THE BETTER DEATH, EAT IT AKUFAGS
>>
>>92602750
Neither had a good death. Both were ultra-simplified and ultimately not very satisfying as the death of the "main antagonist" of either series.
>>
>>92602770
Aku was always going to go out like a wimp though. Once Jack got back to the past, Aku was too weakened to do anything but die pathetically.

Aku died as he was always going to. Calling his death "not very satisfying" just shows that you never watche the original run of SJ. Aku died as he lived: like a cowering bitch.
>>
>>92602750
>both can't be disappointing
>>
>>92602770

Aku's death was fitting for the character
>>
>>92602802
>>92602828
I'm not saying the way Aku was killed didn't make sense, but that doesn't mean it wasn't satisfying.
>Ashi breaks free from Aku's grasp with ~THE POWER OF LOVE~
>But she still has his powers for some reason
>And he can't use them for some reason
>Ashi somehow knows how to make the time portal and the exact moment when/where to send Jack back
>When Aku realizes that he ultimately caused his own downfall and wasted all of his time and permanently boned himself, he just makes a frown at the camera
>Jack goes back
>"WHAT YOURE BACK?"
>Dead
It all felt very by-the-books, it wasn't dramatic in the slightest. It felt like Jack cheated; Ashi shouldn't have had those powers at all, and having literally "the power of love" be the solution is the most cliche conclusion possible.

It's like Bill's death; the scene itself was good and neat, but everything leading up to it and everything after was shitty.
>Bill acts like a big angry idiot all of a sudden for the sake of being able to write a way to kill him off
>He doesn't notice the twins switching roles despite the fact that he's essentially omnipresent
>Gets killed off by the mind wipe
>Not one minute later Stan gains his memories back by looking at a book
>but Bill is presumably still dead and everyone's happy yaaaay
They both took the easy, simplest way out. Even the fact that Ashi existed long enough to go through the whole wedding is a stretch; why did she decide to un-exist the moment the wedding was over? Not to mention they could've used all that time to, at the very least, show some sort of time-lapse of Jack living to see the future he created by destroying Aku, then seeing everyone he helped finally be free and happy; at least that would give some true closure and make it feel less like Jack wasted his time and un-created everything that exists in the future.
>>
>Bill
>dead

Pick one.
>>
>>92602881
This has nothing to do with Aku's death.
>And he can't use them for some reason
Aku still had his powers, what makes you think he didn't?
Were you hoping that Aku would try to 'chase' Jack back to the past?
Because that would have been very contrived.

>Jack goes back
>"WHAT YOURE BACK?"
>Dead
Literally how it was always going to happen. We knew this from day one. The entire point was to kill Aku when he was weak. This would logically lead to a curb stomp battle. In fact most fights between Jack and Aku are very one sided in Jacks favor. Aku has always ran from Jack,

>It wasn't dramatic in the slightest
Akus death was never meant to be dramatic. The journey to the past was what was supposed to be dramatic.

From what your saying though I can see what your really disappointed with. Ashi. And, yeah, I get it. She took a little away from the experiance of getting Jack to the past but she had nothing to do with Jack finally ending Aku.

If anything, Ashi's involvment is ironic. Aku spent 50 years destroying Time Portals and then he inadvertantly creates one; Aku sent Jack to the future and Aku, threw Ashi, sends Jack to the past.

>Even the fact that Ashi existed long enough to go through the whole wedding is a stretch
See this is what I mean. You're talking about the ending to SJ. Not Aku's death. If you want to complain about the events leading up to the end of SJ or Ashi's flaws as both a character and a plot device, thats fine. But don't pretend it had any bearing on Aku's death.

Samurai Jack's ending had it's flaws but Aku's death at Jack's blade was exactly as it was supposed to be.
Allowing us to see what we've always wanted to see. Jack killing Aku once and for all. No last minute escape, no tricks.

Even with Gravity Falls your complaining more about the events around the death then the death itself.
>>
File: Yung_venuz.png (205KB, 851x851px) Image search: [Google]
Yung_venuz.png
205KB, 851x851px
>liking the inferior triangle
>not liking the based gun god
>>
>>92603065
>This has nothing to do with Aku's death.
Except for the fact that it's the sole way that Jack was able to get to the past and become capable of defeating Aku.
>What makes you think he didn't?
Sorry, I should've been more clear; I meant that Aku suddenly couldn't control Ashi (because of ~THE POWER OF LOVE~ even though Aku's control over Ashi was physical).
I didn't think that Jack would get back to the past any other way than through Ashi; that much was blindingly obvious, ever since it was clear that Ashi had Aku's darkness inside her. My point is moreso that this entire plot involving Ashi is stupid as hell.
>We knew this from day one.
I know that, but it's not dramatically interesting for Aku to simply die instantly with no emphasis on the moment or much action; not to mention that Aku has tried harder than just scooting away to escape Jack before.
>But being dramatic doesn't matter!
Obviously it does if they're willing to bend the laws of reality to keep Ashi alive long enough for them to set up the entire wedding, go through the whole ceremony, then just have her die once it's over for the sake of slapping some drama on.
>Aku's death was never meant to be dramatic
He's the antagonist of the entire series. The whole show is about their rivalry. It's simply poor writing to just rush his death like it doesn't mean anything, especially just to make room for more Ashi shit.

>You're talking about the ending, not Aku's death
There's more to the death of a character than the exact scene in which it takes place. For example, Bill's death scene was neat, but it's immediately undone by the fact that all consequences are made moot. Just because a death "makes sense" doesn't make it satisfying or interesting to the viewer.

Even if we're just talking about Aku's death alone and nothing else, the best I can say about it is that it, "makes sense". It's not interesting, it's not exciting, it's not satisfying; it just is what it is. Nothing more.
>>
File: Darkseid_battered.png (87KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid_battered.png
87KB, 444x250px
"Ha, loser."
I know it was undone in JLU, but it was a badass death scene. Wish it sticked.
>>
>>92602802
I think a lot of people wanted Jack to have a big fight with Aku and beat him in the future before returning to the past to destroy him there easily. Instead of that we got Ashi parrying a few attacks from him and then portaling them both out of there.
>>
>>92602750
Future Aku died worse. It took months in the past for the bad future to disappear, and even if Aku was wiped out without much time to process the events, every moment of that timeline was destroyed, every second Aku existed in that timeline was erased, the very thing he dreaded but only realized was happening once Ashi went back.

I do wonder why Aku didn't go back in time too to stop them. At that point there was nothing to lose.
>>
File: 346366.jpg (8KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
346366.jpg
8KB, 200x267px
>>92602750
>Aku dead
>Bill cypher dead

Yet Discord not only alive but getting laid iwth mane heroines.
>>
>>92603173
>Except for the fact that it's the sole way that Jack was able to get to the past
Again your complaining about how Jack got to the past. Not Aku's death.
>plot involving Ashi is stupid as hell
Take it to an Ashi complaint thread
>it's not dramatically interesting for Aku to simply die instantly with no emphasis on the moment or much action
Aku's death was never going to be action packed. We got the action while Jack was in the future. Once Jack got to the past it was only a matter of putting down a weakend Aku.
>not to mention that Aku has tried harder than just scooting away to escape Jack before
He did try hard though. He sent Jack to the future, it didn't work. So he tried to run, that didn't work either.
>But being dramatic doesn't matter!
Because everything has to be dramatic all the time forever?
>Obviously it does if they're willing to bend the laws of reality to keep Ashi alive long enough for them to set up the entire wedding, go through the whole ceremony, then just have her die once it's over for the sake of slapping some drama on
Nothing to do with Aku's death. Take it to an Ashi complaint thread.
>It's simply poor writing to just rush his death like it doesn't mean anything
There was nothing to take slowly though. Aku wasn't the main character. His death was only the end of Jacks story.
>There's more to the death of a character than the exact scene in which it takes place.
No. There really isn't. If you want to talk about endings thats fine but death scenes are not the same as endings.
>It's not interesting, it's not exciting, it's not satisfying; it just is what it is. Nothing more.
Aku's death was NEVER going to be anything other then what it was; Aku's end.
Maybe you didn't get your fix of "FOOLISH SAMURAI"s but speaking as someone who grew up watching SJ it was damn satisfying to see Aku finally dead instead of seeing Jack getting cucked again by Aku running away screaming "We'll meet again, FOOLISH SAMURAI"
>>
>>92602881
>>Ashi breaks free from Aku's grasp with ~THE POWER OF LOVE~
Been done before in the Aku Infection. It all boiled down to the same concept, the exception was that Jack was alone and had to look deep within himself to find the love to break him out. Ashi had Jack right there to assure her of his love for her.
>>Ashi somehow knows how to make the time portal and the exact moment when/where to send Jack back
Aku had given a whole presentation explaining the how everything worked out in his first encounter with Jack. The time portal, the moment when he cast it; she just had to think about it and do it. It's not like Aku needed too much time to get a hold of his powers; right after being born he was already destroying cities.
>>
>>92603124
>Half of all YV fanart includes inferior triangle
>>
>>92603124
>>92604196

What is this DeviantArt-tier shit that you are showing me?
>>
>>92604441
Nuclear Throne
>>
>>92602750
No he didn't.
>>
>>92603190
His second "death" with Luthor was perfect though.
>>
File: 1452714201220.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452714201220.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>92602750
>aku: killed to shreds by an immortal time traveling samurai wielding a God forged sword
>yellow triangle guy with tall fedora: one punched to death by local octagenarian man.
>>
>>92606854
>be a trillion years old, probably knowing the ins and outs of every trick physically possible
>get tricked by two 60 year old men pulling the old twin switcheroo
>>
>>92602881

Thats how jack overcame his corruption

There is a precident

Cause aku awakend herr powers

What dont you get
>>
File: 1447033008994.png (706KB, 1349x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1447033008994.png
706KB, 1349x1049px
>>92606899
only being one punched by arthur would be more pathetic
>>
>>92606993
Hey, Arthur's got a mean right hook
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.