[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which are the most forgettable storylines and events?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: Gothtopia.jpg (341KB, 900x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Gothtopia.jpg
341KB, 900x1371px
Which are the most forgettable storylines and events?
>>
I don't remember.
>>
>>92600398
i think the biggest sin of gothopia was that it left no change in the status quo whatsoever when it should've.
>>
>>92600398
Man Maximum Security was a crossover no one ever brings even to mock it. It's not bad but people don't even register it.
>>
>>92600398

Fuck what was that event about again? I actually read it and don't remember
>>
>>92600665
mind control/hallucinations and shit, at the end catwoman confesses to batman but he turns her down
>>
File: asdfdasfff.jpg (42KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
asdfdasfff.jpg
42KB, 500x458px
>>92600689
forgot to add picture
>>
File: 1673023-superman__1987__205a.jpg (139KB, 833x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1673023-superman__1987__205a.jpg
139KB, 833x1280px
>>92600398
For a jim lee arc, For Tomorrow was pretty fucking forgettable. I doubt anybody in DC even knows it exists
>>
Futures' End.
Monsters Unleashed
Convergence (main book)
>>
>>92600773
It's okay Batman-senpai! Gotham is safe with YOU protecting it!
>>
>>92600773
Batman deserves to be alone.
>>
>>92601567
he most certainly does. and if batman #686 was any indication, he'll die alone as well.
>>
File: file.png (495KB, 465x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
495KB, 465x634px
>>92600773
>not posting the best panel
>>
>>92601323

Azzarello just isn't the same kind of writer as Jeph Loeb. A better one, generally, but just not as flashy and able to draw attention.
so For Tomorrow was supposed to be Jim Lee doing his follow up to Batman: Hush and it just didn't catch.

the worst part, to me, is that because of how little fanfare For Tomorrow received, we never got Lee doing his 12 issue run on Wonder Woman.
>>
>>92601632
>12 issue jim lee ww
was that confirmed? now I'm curious on how that would've turned out
>>
>>92600398
>>92600614

its because Layman was leaving DC.

shit except for one of his villains popping up in the Forever Evil Arkham series, nothing of Layman's Detective Comics run has ever been mentioned again.
>>
>>92601625
oh bruce, casually dropping I'm sorry like that means even you don't believe any of the shit you just said
>>
File: Superman_Vol_3_7_Textless.jpg (110KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Vol_3_7_Textless.jpg
110KB, 400x600px
>>92600398
it was probably Manhattan saying fuck this shit and snapping his fingers though
>>
>>92601655

I don't know if there were ever anything concrete (like a writer on board and story developed), but it was definitely a plan for Lee to do a WW run just to complete the trinity
>>
>>92601698
hmm, i remember 2005 being infinite crisis period for the entire year, maybe they were busy and ultimately it got canned. Just my guess.
>>
>>92601734

possible.
also Wonder Woman being confined to a single book unlike Bats and Superman doesn't help either.
>>
>>92600398
>events
All of them, I guess. They're all such a mess of shit that at one point you stop caring enough to remember.
>>
>>92601323
http://www.factualopinion.com/the_factual_opinion/2009/04/off-the-shelf-brian-azzarello-and-his-comics-about-killing-people.html

Superman: For Tomorrow
Art by Jim Lee, Scott Williams & Alex Sinclair
Originally Serialized in Superman #204-215
Published by DC Comics, 2004-05

>"There aren't white hats and black hats. I think that's a creation of storytellers and it's something I don't agree with...It's boring. If the heroes are flawless there is no story. And if the villains are completely evil then they're boring too."
>-Brian Azzarello

>Some of what follows originally appeared at comiXology.

>Jim Lee's epic-selling turn on the Batman comic series Hush is one of those comics that DC would like to find some way to publish fourteen of, every single month. While the story had—well, let's put it nicely and say "not a lot"—going on, Jim Lee's art on it was a definitive example of why he's the current model for super-hero art. That's not to say that he's the best ever, or that he's even the best artist currently working, but it is to say that what Jim Lee does with super-heroes in Hush is what the majority of super-hero artists strive to do, and it's what a large majority of readers are willing to buy. The way he drew Batman…oh, mama, that is "the way" most people want Batman to look. So when he made the decision to follow a year on Batman with a corresponding year on Superman, DC Comics and the people who buy DC Comics couldn't have been happier. But instead of going with one of the standard Superman scribes, DC made what has to be their most outré decision regarding the character since he turned Electric Blue: they hired Brian Azzarello, who had never hid his personal lack of enthusiasm for the super-hero field.
>>
>>92601801
>When it was all said and done, what they produced was a "gritty" Superman: a tough, cold and cynical take on a Superman who told Batman that he "didn't like him," threatened to dismantle the planet Earth itself if it didn't back off, a Superman who, and this is the one that always got me chuckling, picked a cancer-ridden priest as his confessor because the priest's impending death was more likely to keep the confession safe than, well, the concept of trust. (Or justice, American way, so on.)
>>
>>92601814

> It's not to say that what Azzarello and Lee did was a bad comic—in my own personal opinion, its general weirdness and overall gloom makes it far preferable to read than the histrionic nonsense that was the Hush storyline—but what they did was produce a Superman that's probably more of an honest meditation on the character's actual "super-powers" then anything else, and it makes for an uncomfortable book to read. It's a comic that portrays a character who seems completely distant from everything and everyone around him, a man whose incredible abilities has so isolated him from his one-note "peers" that it's impossible for him to even engage in a frank discussion. It's a Superman who creates an entire world in his spare time, and then decides to make himself forget the act on a whim, only so that his carelessness can be exploited by a forgotten villain, with catastrophic results. It's a character that, as Azzarello writes him, has moved and grown beyond whatever "values" and "ideals" might have been inserted in him as a youth and now keeps his own council to the point where his behavior is inscrutable even to those who know him best. In the comic, when Superman finally happens upon his wife, what serves as the most romantic portion of the book is also its most frightening—because as much as Superman seems to love Lois Lane, his behavior is more that of a child with his favorite toy, and he doesn't show any ambition to deal with the consequences of his behavior until he's satisfied his own carnal desires. When you witness Clark's joy at discovering Lois, the next thought is "Man, what would he have done if she were dead?" What For Tomorrow is, more than it is a "Superman" comic, is a story about a creature who looks and sounds human, but has such an inhuman amount of power that one doesn't feel inspired by him, or attracted to him—one feels frightened by him.
>>
>>92601829
>It's easy enough to make Batman gritty and dark, just as it's easy enough to make Spider-man a gutless whining nerd. The thing about Superman is that you can't really do anything realistic with him, or he gets…well, wonky. If one starts to mess around with the idea that he's got a human personality, or that he's like you or me but can fly, then one has to address the fact that he isn't like you or me and that it is completely absurd and immature to believe that a few years on a farm in Kansas with a couple of stereotypes and cornfields are going to instill an alien creature with godlike powers with some kind of rock-solid American values that will guide him throughout the rest of his life. Unfortunately, that isn't the comic that Azzarello and Lee made--what they made instead was something that pointed in that direction, but tripped and fell on the follow-through. Of course, considering the direction that For Tomorrow is heading--that's probably for the best.
>>
>>92601801
Speaking of Hush, HUSH.

Why is on every recommended list, I don't know.
>>
>>92601861
It's basically Jim Lee's art plus it covers the bases of what a casual would expect from a Batman story. I mean it's not good, but it's not even the worst thing Loeb wrote.
>>
>>92601801
hush sucked
>>
>>92601861

like 70% Lee's art, and 30% because its a good overview of what the Batman cast is like, but without having to read 70 years of DC books to get to know them.

Loeb might not be a great story writer, but he gets characters pretty well.
>>
>>92601861
Because its what anyone wanting to get into batman universe should start with along with stuff like year one. It has pretty much all his allies and enemies and introduces most of them. It's also a very simple story with jim lee before his art started to decline.
>>
>>92601909
lees art hasn't changed since the 90s. its sucked then and it still sucks now
>>
>>92600398
Does anyone remember Batquake? It was from the 90s and Wizard used to hype it but no one ever talks about it.
>>
>>92602000
Was this a nickname for Cataclysm?
>>
>>92601323
This is the run where Equus came from, right? He's not the most interesting supervillain around but I kinda like him.
>>
>>92601975

ok?
I'm not sure what your opinion is supposed to do here, but thanks for sharing
>>
>>92601861

Because it's fun, easy to read, easy on the eyes, doesn't require too much from a new reader, has a lot of bang in very little time, etc...it's a great introductory comic.
>>
>>92600773
That's just Batman being a autist and denying his feelings. King made it clear where he and Catwoman stand. She's his forever waifu. <3
>>
>>92601625
>>92600773

How does anybody write Catwoman so wrong? This is so bad...man the first 5 years or so of New 52 were awful for her, like nobody could writer her properly.
>>
>>92601323
Is there any Superman run not forgettable?
>>
>>92603376
>under the red sun
>all-star
>up up and away
>death of
>final battle (them steel bondages though)
>for the man who has everything

for good or for bad, he has many memorable arcs
>>
>>92603195

Isn't that how she's being written now? Begging for Batman's attention and all that?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.