[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which ending was worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 26

File: Gravity_Falls_logo.png (91KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity_Falls_logo.png
91KB, 300x172px
Which ending was worse?
>>
for me, pic related
>>
>>92590531
Jack ending made me grumpy
Falls ending made me mad asf
>>
>>92591357
Why was that?
>>
Both
>>
File: 1493073374722.gif (3MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1493073374722.gif
3MB, 300x228px
>>92590531
NONE!

I WAS HAPPY AND HAD A GOOD TIME WITH BOTH, EVEN IF THEY WERE 8/10, INSTEAD OF 10/10! I'M GLAD TO HAVE WATCHED!
>>
>>92590531
Gravity Falls.
Most of the Problems that I had with the Samurai Jack finale could be blamed on the Season only being allowed 10 episodes. The only thing I really have a problem with is the Butchering of the Grandfather Paradox to have Ashi fade away. I felt like that was just shoving in a bittersweet ending where none was needed.

Gravity falls' ending infuriated me. It amplified everything that made Mabel mildly annoying into being unbearable, it Had characters regress and fall into exhibiting flaws that they should have over come already, like Pacifica's cattiness or Dipper's stupid crush, and it failed to Develop Wendy's character in any meaningful way despite her getting a shitton of screen time. These had nothing to do with time limits but with Hirsch having a poor work ethic and too much fixation on his sister stand-in and his super-kewl redheaded waifu.
>>
Korra.
>>
>>92593865
Why?
>>
>>92593828
This
>>
>>92594156
Kuvira did nothing wrong.
(And forced lesbianism for Tumblr appeal.)
>>
>>92593865
Seconded Korra had the most awful ending in recent animation.
>>
>>92593865
I would argue against this, simply on the grounds that it's ended came with the fact that it was over and there would be no more of that shit.
>>
Samurai Jack didn't have Mabel, so there's that.
>>
Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
Gravity Falls didn't kill off every character the viewers cared about
Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less

I think the answer is clear
>>
>>92597575
Gravity Falls?
>>
File: Reboottitlecard.gif (47KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
Reboottitlecard.gif
47KB, 420x315px
>>
>>92597575
>Gravity Falls didn't kill off every character the viewers cared about
Time Baby was my whole world!
>>
>>92597575
But none of this happened on anything that OP mentioned?
>>
>>92597575
>Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
True, but it had Mabel, who is a hundred times worse.
>Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Gravity Falls is pretty much wasted potential: the show when it comes to plotlines. They didn't even tie all of the loose ends.
>Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
It had plenty of unfunny Alex Hirsch humor, however.
Yeah, instead they fucked up Stan's well written sacrifice by making him regain his memories 5 seconds later. Also the ending felt so unbelievably happy it was jarring, there were no major consequences which reduces the impact of Weirdmageddon a lot. Mabel even got to keep her pig, for fuck's sake.
>Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less
Only because what we got felt unsatisfying.

I'm not defending Samurai Jack either, but you're giving the hack manlet too much credit.
>>
>>92598265
>Mabel, who is a hundred times worse.
How so

>Mabel even got to keep her pig, for fuck's sake.

What's wrong with that?
>>
If Ashi vanished for 2 minutes and then came back with no explanation at all, if the guardian had been teased in the intro or made cameos in every episode just to be pushed aside, then it would be comparable.

>>92593828

This
>>92597575
Mabel is worse than Ashi by an incredibly long margin. If Ashi was like Mabel she would have cried to Jack in order to stay in the future with him.
>>
File: ALEX ISNT GAY YOU STUPID GOYIM.png (455KB, 598x681px) Image search: [Google]
ALEX ISNT GAY YOU STUPID GOYIM.png
455KB, 598x681px
>>92597575
>Gravity Falls didn't shoehorn in a fanfic-tier Mary sue OC for the final season.
Ford.
>Gravity Falls felt rushed, but it tied up plotholes/plotlines and gave a complete ending
Things like the ayys were barely touched upon, the key President Tuscupes gave the twins ended up being nothing, how and why Blendin got taken over by Bill didn't make a difference, how the future of Gravity Falls is more decadent than Aku's future never explained, etc.
>Gravity Falls didn't have lolsofunny penis jokes because why not?
Instead you got shit like "Hey... listen..." or that impact font meme joke with Grunkle Stan toward the end as Alex reached creative bankruptcy and the Brothers Chaps moved on to other projects.
No they just moved crucial ones into the background (Soos, Wendy, Pacifica) while spamming inconsequential ones (Grenda, the gay cops).
>Gravity falls left you wanting more Gravity falls, not less
Ehh... maybe... but you're comparing a series that ended abruptly over two seasons to one that ended abruptly after meandering for five.
>>
>>92598401
>How so
She never has to face the consequences for her actions and always gets her way, Weirdmageddon Part II is a major example of this and that episode pretty much killed the show. It doesn't help that Dipper always get shat on even when he doesn't deserve it (Roadside Attraction).
>>
>>92598479
>the key President Tuscupes gave the twins ended up being nothing
I still don't get how they couldn't just work that in for a 5 second scene. It just needs a lock and Dipper to reach into his pocket and happen to have it on him. They even foreshadowed it being meaningful when they did the brain scan thing.
>>
>>92598566
Do the words "mystery hack" mean nothing to you?
>>
>>92598580
Sounds like a nickname /co/ would come up with for Alex
>>
Why is it that shows like Samurai Jack and Gravity Falls have a main character whose real name we do not know, but they only mention that the name they go by is not their real name in a single episode and if you didn't watch that episode you wouldn't even know the name they go by wasn't there real name and then they never actually reveal it?

I know Dipper's real name was revealed in a book (Mason) and it's widely agreed that Jack's real name should be Mako, but come on those are two mysteries that should have been answered in both shows!
>>
>>92598613

Genndy doesn't like names. When he was asked about the emperor's name he just said "emperor". The emperor even refers to his wife as "mother" in episode I.
>>
File: IMG_2651.png (130KB, 920x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2651.png
130KB, 920x670px
>>92598401
>How so?
Don't mind me, just droppin a little old cap here.
>>
>>92598653
Also, the apocalypse and thus the entire series finale arc happened directly because of her actions, and the show just brushes that off like it's no big deal
>>
>>92598751
Because it wasn't just her actions

Jesus Christ, did you people even watch GF? Many mistakes had to happen in order for the apocalypse to take place, not just from Mabel.

Ford deserves a lot more shit than he gets.
>>
>>92598825
The show acknowledged Ford's faults, though, unlike Mabel
>>
The more I think about Samurai Jack's ending, the more I like it.
Whenever I remember Gravity Falls' ending I feel nothing but dread and regret for wasting my time with the show.
>>
>>92598825
Ford's fuck-ups were acknowledged as fuck-ups and he more than paid his dues.
Hirsch Had to bring Blendin into the equation because he couldn't dare to let Mabel make a deal with the devil of her own volition, and she got hang out in her own personal dreamland playground for it. It's not just the fact that Mabel fucked up, but that the Show itself will bend over backwards just to make her look like the perfect little girl.
>>
>>92598825
Sure, it wasn't just her actions, but she was the most direct cause of Bill getting his hands on the rift, it happened because of flaws she had that went unaddressed, and it feels weird to have what feels like such a big major scene only to never bring it up again after it happens
>>
>>92593865
This.
>>
did you faggots want a twenty minute sequence of dipper berating mabel for her mistakes so you can watch her cry? would that make it a better show?
>>
>>92598924

>Gives Bill an actual reason to put her in a paradise bubble instead of killing her, assuming he's bound by official deals
>Makes it far harder to cheap out on Mabel not being called out or feeling guilty, thus learning her lesson and growing as a person
>Doesn't bring Blendin in the fuck out of nowhere with zero explanation only to discard him again right away.
>Wouldn't be out of character considering Mabel's impulsiveness and overall lack of brightness
>Adds a neat thematic thing of ever Pines family member shaking hands with Bill at some point in the series.

Holy shit, Mabel willingly making a deal would've been so much better.
>>
>>92599055
Yes and yes.
>>
>>92593828
>>92598475
You know, anons call Ashi a Mary sue for being a competent, plot relevant female character, but I think the most recent example of mary sues in cartoons are probably Wendy and Mabel. The first one is only defined by being "cool and badass and pretty", everyone loves her, has basically no flaws other than a joke-off handed mention of being "super stressed 24/7" and had no real developement. Mabel may have had flaws, but the show bends backwards in order to not acknowledge them and still portray her as some perfect, quirky, to pure for this world kid in spite of her selfishness. Her mistakes are glossed over, she gets everything she wants, and stagnates everyone around her.
>>
>>92599198
This.
>>
>>92595375
Ah.
>>
>>92598613
I guess it would've been neat if Mabel had called her brother by his real name during a dramatic/emotional moment
>>
>>92598905
Gravity Falls is one of those shows that you dislike the more you think about it. At least, that's what it's like for me.
>>
>>92598599
That's because that's what that is
>>
>>92599572
Seconded. I liked the finale when it came out, in spite of its flaws. But some characters were really unbearable and Alex really stopped caring about things. Even then, I still enjoy watching it ocassionally. It wasn't a bad show, it just had flaws.
>>92599675
Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things that you could find in the credits or a book or the bill cipher reddit.
>>
>>92599711
>Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things that you could find in the credits or a book or the bill cipher reddit.

It might also have been that. I can't quite remember.
>>
File: 1444506806340.png (679KB, 651x684px) Image search: [Google]
1444506806340.png
679KB, 651x684px
>>92599711
>Oh, thought it was one of those bonus things

Well, the letter S falls off the Mystery Shack sign in the show, so it's also an Easter egg of sorts.
>>
>>92599840
Oh.
>>
>>92590531
Jack ending was good, only spergs hate it
Gravity Falls was not good
>>
>>92590531
Gravity Falls
>>
>>92600122
You're also a sperg if you don't hate the rest of the season, though (episodes 1-3 obviously excepted).
>>
>>92597575
People wanted more Gravity Falls because at the rate it was going it was pretty clear that the show wasn't going to be able to neatly tie together the many plotlines and mysteries it had AND give certain characters the development they sorely needed. Nobody wanted GF in the sense that it stayed in line with the latter half of Season 2.
>>
>>92599070
This, plus we wouldn't have had that "it could be anybody, nobody is safe" fakeout, only for it to be some throwaway character we all know is bill from the minute he steps on screen.
>>
>>92600317
They teased that it could even be Mcgucket, Pacifica, Soos, or Wendy. Seems like a wasted opportunity
>>
File: y2.jpg (9KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
y2.jpg
9KB, 261x193px
>>92590531
>ITT: /co/ still triggered that Pinecest didn't happen
>/co/ stills hates Mabel because she wouldn't fuck her brother
>/co/ still hates Alex for not having Mabel and Dipper fuck

Let it go.
>>
>>92600413
That's not what this is about and I think you know that.
>>
>>92600341
It could have been any close friend, who only shows minor changes in their behavior, never explicitly telling us that something isn't quite right but just hinting at it. The reveal could have been shocking, Bill has been watching them, there is nobody he can't get to.

Instead it was some nobody he rode in on once.

>>92600413
Learn to write hacklet.
>>
>>92600287
>if you aren't hopelessly critical and anti-fun then you're a sperg!

That's the opposite of what a sperg is, sperg
>>
>>92600449
no u

sperg
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mo0s46Z7Tw1qz4rgp.jpg (85KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mo0s46Z7Tw1qz4rgp.jpg
85KB, 500x394px
>>92600440
Sure it's not...
>>
File: 1460422414692.jpg (44KB, 665x586px) Image search: [Google]
1460422414692.jpg
44KB, 665x586px
>>92600413
>wanting more Pinecest when the finale was 100% codependency status quo already

Speak for yourself. I just wanted Bill to go out as an awesome dream demon with top quality mind games instead of as a generic schoolyard bully, and for Mabel to grow up and respect Dipper's individuality.
>>
>>92600504
Why is the artist so popular here?
>>
>>92600994
guess
>>
>>92590531
Samurai Jack. 13 fucking years for that shitshow.
>>
>>92593828
Kek. What a whiny little bitch. GF ending was comfy af and you're just an autist
>>
>>92597575
This. People's main salt from GF's ending could be summed up like this: we wanted more. I'd say it's better to leave you wanting more than wanting less
>>
Jack got the big battle right but had an unsatisfying conclusion that goes against everything. Gravity Falls had a retarded final battle they thought was so badass, but the actual way they defeat Bill and resolve everything was nice. The only end salt was restoring his memory so easily.
>>
>>92590531
Both endings were sincere efforts by imperfect but hard working and talented creators. Whine all you want, shit your diapers all day long screaming about your headcanons, but I'm grateful for both these artists and their work. But by all means, stay triggered!
>>
>>92601425
We get it Alex, you don't need to keep posting here
>>
>>92601466
So mean buzzwords in one post
>>
>>92601496
So many* is what I meant to type
>>
>>92601496
Alex is used to twitter so buzzwords are all he can type.
>>
>>92599198
I don't feel that badly about Wendy, because she was basically a background character for the first half of the show. She was just there to give Dipper a romantic interest to idolize, so making her ultra-competent and beloved by everyone kinda makes sense for that role. However, once they started including her in more of the main story, they should've taken the time to round out her character more than "I'm always stressed out, 24/7!".

Mabel, on the other hand, is an absolute Mary Sue.
>>
>>92601621
Why's she a sue?
>>
What was the best GF ship and why was it secretly Mabill you baka gaijin desu?

What was the best Samurai Jack ship and why was it anything but Jashi ?
>>
>>92601654
Everybody loves Mabel, and those who don't eventually come around due to her lovable shenanigans, or are punished for not coming around. Throughout the series Dipper sacrifices things that would make him happy for Mabel's sake. Then, in the finale when Dipper tells Mabel to leave her fantasy world, she chews him out, and makes him out to be the bad guy. Hell, she fucking had a "Cool Dipper" replacement for him, and was perfectly fine without him. Until she so graciously decides to sacrifice her fake wonderland to save the world from the apocalypse, which she released and bears no guilt or consequences for, and we're supposed to feel good about her overcoming the temptations she was perfectly fine to revel in.

She's super competent in everything she tries (usually with a cute, unique twist to make her special), and only fails when the mean people don't like her Cuteness. She is an absolute one note character, that's only there for "RANDOM XD" humor; which for a side character would be fine, but as the co-main character of the story, is boring, predictable and lazy. Several times in the series, it's clear that Mabel cares more about Dipper as her twin than as her brother or an individual, and she's never shown to grow out of that.
>>
>>92601827

That's not what Mary Sue means. Let's never use that word again.

Ford is closer to Mary Sue. I see what people mean about Ashi but Ashi's not a Sue just badly written.
>>
File: 239.jpg (110KB, 446x304px) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
110KB, 446x304px
>>92601848
>>
>>92598653
whoah, saved
>>
File: 2baMan.png (169KB, 368x632px) Image search: [Google]
2baMan.png
169KB, 368x632px
>>92599055
absolutely
>>
>>92598195
Time Baby is immortal. He'll reform in time.
>>
>>92601466
I actually agree with this. Although you are being needlessly prickly, m8. But it's true. I'm glad that these shows both exist. But /co/ is a place for /co/mplaining, not a place for /co/mpliments. Always has been always will be. We are more entertained by /co/nflict than /co/operation. So expect people to have /co/mpletely aggressive absurd meltdowns over stuff that's actually mostly pretty good. That's our /co/mmunity, /co/mrade.
>>
File: Laughing sluts.png (484KB, 928x774px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing sluts.png
484KB, 928x774px
>>92598653
Absolutely cringeworthy. I forgot how badly some of the users on this very board would self-insert into Dipper. The "internet history" joke probably hit home dead center with some of you.
>>
>>92593647
>Any of those endings being anything but 6/10

Wow if I ignore all the shit aspects of the show any show I watch is really good!!!
>>
>>92600994
They're really good at capturing the authentic tone of the characters.
>>
Things I've noticed lately is that anything the hivemind dislikes is actually pretty great.

While the stuff that /co/ universally approves of is always shit.
>>
The Mist
>>
>>92602340
Maybe you just have terrible taste.
>>
>>92590531
Gravity Falls had an alternate ending?
>>
File: Youfuckingfaggot.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Youfuckingfaggot.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>92600413
>>
>>92590531
Gravity Falls had a happy ending, so I'll take that over bittersweet nonsense
>>
>>92602245
>cringeworthy.
You have to go back.
>>
>>92590531

Neither. They are both great and if you don't believe in self-discovery through companionship then you're probably a friendless virgin.
>>
>>92602267
>examining a cartoon like it's a science project
You sad strange little man.
>>
File: IMG_6079.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6079.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>Gravity Falls had a bad ending because I wanted each character to be punished for actions the characters got over but I didn't
>>
>>92603184
>Gravity Falls had a good ending because I liked the show and that means it can't be flawed
>>
The whole reason Mabel gets away with shit is because Hirsch never got as far as fucking his twin sister, but it was real close to happening and she suddenly cut him off. He doesn't get to have her in his life anymore. She's moved on but he still Pines for her.

Hirsch punishes Dipper because Alex is punishing himself for fucking it up, but he made Mabel insufferable and a piece of shit because deep down he feels like his twin sister led him on and dumped him like garbage when it was convenient, and now Hirsch is stuck wanting to fuck his twin and be with her but wanting to hate her and call her out on her shit, and he can't decide what he wants more.
>>
>>92603265
Nah man, Alex is Mabel.
An emotionally stunted, self indulgent mess. Fantasizing about his childhood and lashing out at his sister for doing what Dipper should have done, moving on.
>>
>>92603230

Yeah, sorry that I enjoyed the show without keeping grudging tallies of offenses each character should be punished for. A lot of the anger I see about the Gravity Falls finale seems to revolve around the idea that a Dipper shouldn't have to cope with the people he cares about, that instead of moving on after the day is saved he should turn around and scold the people he chose to protect for being imperfect, and that Dipper should be more concerned with catching people doing the wrong thing than he is with making sure he's doing what's right. Even though you pepper the last season with mental black demerits because the story wasn't Mabel's Bildungsroman, none of that disrupts or ruins the cryptic Twin Peaks psychoapocalypse that was executed fantastically in cartoon.

Also yes the ending was good because I liked it.
>>
Say whatever you want about Jack's ending, at least when they made a sacrifice they had to balls to carry it through all the way.
>>
>>92603452
>Also yes the ending was good because I liked it.
You have to be 18 or older to post here.
>>
>>92603452
Are you a sociopath?
>>
>>92603509
Not him, but if one "likes something" it is therefore good, according to them. That's how it works.
>>
>>92603528
>That's how it works.
No, it doesn't, it means they like it.
>>
>>92603568
And why do you think they liked it?
>>
>>92603623
Because they have shit taste.
>>
>>92603623
From the posts I gather Anon is likely complacent, emotional, and willfully ignorant of the definition of character development.
>>
>>92603509
>>92603521

Are you guys seriously so weak-willed that a personal expression of enjoyment comes to you as an erasure of your opinion, and sociopathy? You cowards won't even defend or explain yourselves, instead you fallaciously pretend that my simple expression is an attempt to seal down universal truth, while repeating 'family cartoon not good yes bad' as if it's a God-given axiom. No doubt you cal Mabel a sociopath as well, simply for having an ego and not hating herself for it.

So I'll boil it down to a workable question for you. Is your frustration with the Gravity Falls finale fixated on whether Mabel is punished for her actions or not, and how does destroy the value of a finale about the stopping of a psycho-scientific apocalypse?
>>
>>92603696
You genuinely believe that something can't have any flaws simply because you like it everyone else is objectively wrong.
You're either a child, sociopath, or both.
>>
>>92603716
You believe that's what he believes. He hasn't said that's what he believes. You're projecting.
>>
I liked the ending of Jack a lot, actually. After a second viewing it got better, like all the episodes have for some reason. I was amazed by how much they managed to put into the second half of the episode. There were a few moments that were rushed, that I admit. While it was effective for awe, I wish Jack returning to the past had been a bit more impacting. Jack breaking Ashi out of her mind control, while I believe made sense with what's already been established in the series, was also a bit too quick for my taste. But still, I am satisfied by the ending and I welcome the sadness it brought me because that was the intent and because it's been a while since I've emoted like this for a show I enjoy. I might have shit taste in your eyes, but I still enjoyed it and I'm glad I did.
>>
>>92603740
See
>>92603452

And learn reading comprehension you stupid nigger.
>>
>>92603716

I never said it had no flaws. Never ever. You're talking to yourself. I said the people who don't like the ending because Mabel didn't suffer enough are irritated grudge-keeping cartoon hall minitors who are out of touch with the show's basic themes of understanding and forgiveness.

You and the other poster are the only ones who think the word 'good' means 'literally flawless and beyond reproach'.
>>
>>92603696
>Are you guys seriously so weak-willed that a personal expression of enjoyment comes to you as an erasure of your opinion
>he says as he cries out the injustice of anyone daring to disagree with his opinion, demanding an explanation
Just for your clarity, it was a lazy, incomplete conclusion with no consequences, where nobody learned anything and nobody grows as a character, all wrapped up with cheap emotional bait.
My reasons aren't "I hate it because it's bad" because I'm not an imbecile like you.
>>
>>92603740
Dumbass you say it in your post.
>>92603773
You're splitting hairs.
>>
>>92603768
>Was good=Doesn't have any flaws
k'
>>
>>92603768

If 'good' means 'perfect' then why do we have the word 'perfect'? if anything less than perfect can't be 'good' then not very much must be good for you. I'll skip calling you an autist but I'll imply you are one with this sentence anyways.
>>
>>92603777

It was a show about reconciling the tragic and mysterious disagreement of two older brothers in a way that brings them back together and passes on that reconciliation to the new generation, to keep them from tragically breaking up like the old generation.

Stan and Ford broke up because they couldn't forgive and support eachother. Mabel and Dipper stay as a family and bring back together Stan and Ford because they are able to forgive and support eachother. That's what they learned, trust and togetherness, and those two things defeat the baddie in the end, as each character miraculously saves eachother's lives instead of fighting over petty shit and failing.

>>92603778
Splitting hairs? I would wager there's more than a hair between 'good' and 'perfect'. If you're going to sit there and tell me I'm saying something I didn't say just so you can argue with me then I ask you do it alone because apparently I don't need to be here for you to fight you own ideas.
>>
>>92603773
>show's basic themes of understanding and forgiveness.

That's not even close to what the theme is about. It's never been about forgiving and Understanding. They Don't beat Gideon through Forgiveness, they don't stop bill through "understanding".

It's supposed to be a journey of growth, the transition of the twins from Childhood to adulthood; a story about growing up. That's why every episode had some moral of the week at the end. The problem is that Mabel never grew as a person, she started as an annoying adolescent girl, and ended as a snot nosed, clingy, emotionally-blackmailing brat.
>>
>>92603889
Yeah yeah whatever you say drungo
>>
>>92603889
>It was a show about a subplot that only appeared halfway through the second season and didn't receive nearly enough screen time and development to warrant a place as an important plot.
Top Kek.
>>
>>92603889
This whole post is just complete hogwash.
Lucky for me this guy >>92603928 already typed out why.
I'll just add that "forgiveness and support" is not character growth because that's all Dipper and Mabel ever did for each other. Whether they should have or not. It's just the status quo.
>>
>>92603893
And you don't think understanding and togetherness isn't a sign of maturity?stan and Ford are both consistently characterized as immature enough not to stay together. Mabel did get overlooked in the finale but that doesn't destroy the finale or mean the finale wasn't plastered with themes of maturity and forgiveness, and it certainly doesn't mean that the rest of the finale's content was broken. Mabel increasingly became a secondary character on the show with season 2 and the finale didn't revolve around her. It's imperfect and I understand discontent but if you couldn't enjoy the episode because you were waiting for Mabel to get served then I insist you're fixated on punishment more than forgiveness, since everything worked out in the end anyways.

>>92603915
Apparently not, since you'll put words into my mouth anyways
>>
>>92604065
>you'll put words into my mouth anyways
>keep pushing this punish mabel narrative that he brought up in the first place
>>
>>92604065
>And you don't think understanding and togetherness isn't a sign of maturity?
Not in this instant it isn't. The only one showing any maturity Is Dipper, putting aside his dreams, ambitions, and annoyance to appease his Sister. That's not growth, that's just burying the problem and trying to return to the status Quo.

>It's imperfect and I understand discontent but if you couldn't enjoy the episode because you were waiting for Mabel to get served
That isn't what I wanted when I watched the damn thing. I would have been Happy with Mabel admiteeig that she was wrong, that she had been a horrible Selfish Little Girl, and that she was sorry for causein the apocalypse. Something, ANYTHING, that point to Mabel having learned something or at least acknowledging wrongdoing. Instead I got Dipper capitulating to Mabel's selfishness, and the Show using him as a Scapegoat for her mistakes. That's when I started hating Mabel.
>>
>>92603928

>the final arc wasn't the finale arc because it only took up an entire quarter of the show, twins sticking together through the apocalypse doesn't count because theymre friends anyways (forgetting when they aren't) and helping your elderly caretaker and his brother to let go of their decades-old grudge to save the world has nothing to do with growing up.
>>
>>92604250
>moving the goalposts makes me right
Fuck off Alex.
>>
>>92604225

>putting aside his dreams, ambitions, and annoyance to appease his Sister.
You mean when the anti-hero, causer of the initial incident, and summoner of a Gnostic Satan, asked him to leave his family which isn't holding him back so they can lead a needlessly isolated life of science, mirroring the initial decision that anti-hero had made which began his spiraling into clueless demon summoning and self-imprisonment?
>>
>>92604250
>the final arc wasn't the finale arc because it only took up an entire quarter of the show,
Implying this plot even took up a quarter of the show. The only non-main-plot episode where this got any amount of development was the Dungeons and Dragons one.

>twins sticking together through the apocalypse doesn't count because theymre friends anyways (forgetting when they aren't)
The only Moral there was "it's easier to just give in and humor people when they're acting annoying."

>helping your elderly caretaker and his brother to let go of their decades-old grudge to save the world has nothing to do with growing up.
It actually doesn't. It is not in any way intrinsic or indicative of growing up.
>>
>>92604334
>this is forgiveness and support
The other Anon was right, you sound like a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>92604334
>Ford fucked up, therefore Dipper's want to go study with him is stupid.
Mind you, I'm actually glad he didn't do the whole apprentice ship thing, that 's been done enough already in junior fiction novels.

But the point isn't that What Diper wants is better than what Mabel wants. It's that Mabel has no right to demand her Brother continually sacrifice for her and her inabilty to grow up. Mabel has to learn to cope with being her own individual person who isn't joined at the hip with Dipper. Dipper capitulating because of his Sister's insecurity is not only incredibly unsatisfying, but a really shitty Moral to teach.
>>
>>92604365
>the only moral there was "it's easier to just give in and humor people when they're acting annoying"
No, the moral is that even though we're imperfect and cause problems for eachother, if we can't forgive eachother for that then we'll be missing a person for the community demon-banishing ritual and we will all die like the crude matter we are.

>being more mature than your elders isn't mature
Seriously? They were smarter than the people who caused the problem, enough to solve it and prevent it in the future. They absolutely outgrew the problem Stan and Ford had.
>>
>>92604435
I understand if people reject this theme, but Gravity Falls says that if families don't stick together then people lose humility and won't admit to their own flaws.
>>
>>92604462
This.

It's so fucking stupid, it's like people didn't even watched the final episodes of GF. Mabel wasn't blackmailing Dipper to be with her, and Dipper was the one that choose to stay together, because they love each other.
>>
>>92604462
>No, the moral is that even though we're imperfect and cause problems for eachother, if we can't forgive eachother for that then we'll be missing a person for the community demon-banishing ritual and we will all die like the crude matter we are.
So the Moral is, "humor the immature one because the Dues Ex Machina requires her presence." Great Moral

>They solved the a problem better than the people who had caused it
Again, thanks to the Deus Ex Machina banishment wheel.

>The absolutely outgrew the problem Stan and Ford had.
Fucking how?! Dipper's still going to want to live his own life eventually, and Mabel still hasn't learned a goddamn thing about letting go of things and not getting her way. All they've done is push the problem down to resurface at a later date.
>>
>>92590531
Samurai Jack.

In addition to my qualms about the pacing, structure and lack of payoff of the episode's rescue-battle, in the end none of Jack's heroic choices mattered by virtue of there being a single timeline. This is why everyone thought it was always going to be a multiverse style of timetravel, because it makes all the characters we've seen and all the weight we've given them pointless and it negatees the sacrifice of Jack's constant abandoning of time portals to save random dudes. It's a huge plothole.
>>
>>92604541
not him, but do you know what Ex Machina is?

>Mabel still hasn't learned a goddamn thing about letting go of things

She literally gave up her heaven to help people solve the Apocalipse.
>>
>>92604626
>She literally gave up her heaven to help people solve the Apocalipse.
She literally chose her heaven over helping her friends and family survive the apocalypse until they showed up and was reluctant to do so even then.
>>
>>92604687
1 - She didn't knew what was happening outside of the bubble.

2 - it's understable to be reluctant
>>
>>92604626
>not him, but do you know what Ex Machina is?
Aside from showing the wheel cryptically every now and then, when were we actually show that this would have any story relevance before weirdmageddon, let alone just be the magic solution out of nowhere to the hopeless situation?

>She literally gave up her heaven to help people solve the Apocalypse.
Only because Dipper gave in and promised her something she thought was better. She didn't learn to give up anything, she just traded one thing for another. It was bargaining, not acceptance.
>>
>>92604541

Togetherness and affection for our fellow humans is what keeps the material world together. I we as a community can't have the decency to all stand in the same place and agree we all should live (which Stan and Ford literally couldn't do for decades of their life) then life isn't worth preserving.

We have no reason to believe that Mabel will literally never allow Dipper to leave her side, and you're forgetting that Dipper chose to stay because loves his sister enough that he won't throw away their childhood (which is the best thing in the world to him) away just to follow pursuit of

Ford is a fool and a self-deceiver by the way. Due to his ego he assumed he had total control over science and mysticism at all times, that everything he knew came only from himself (when all of his knowledge is received, and was specifically delivered into him by an ethereal universe destroyer for the express purpose of grooming an unwitting summoner to bring him into his world to destroy it), and that his family was weakness and not strength. Ford's selfish pursuits caused the apocalypse, and Dippers selfless pursuit saved the world.

The problem that Ford and Stan weren't able to draw with in their youth is that they are good for eachother and make eachother great. Stan felt he was thrown by the wayside by his family and brother, not considered by them an ingredient in Ford's brilliant life, so he sabotaged Ford's project, in a rage. Ford then went out to triple-down on his wounded isolationism, and without family and support his selfish pursuit led him to cluelessly damn the world just so he could be or feel smarter than others.

It's bad to throw away life or lose faith in humanity because they've inconvenienced you. It's the type of behavior that makes a world destroying mad scientist, in fact.
>>
>>92604727
>She didn't knew what was happening outside of the bubble.
She didn't even care to try and find out.

>it's understable to be reluctant
Understandable? Maybe. But not Excusable.
>>
>>92604737

>Dipper convinces Mabel that life, love and family are more important than illusion and imaginary friends, and she agreed and moved forward with
that.

What a selfish cunt! She should have killed everyone and lived in a fantasy world, that would have proved she want selfish.

Do you realize that everyone including Dipper got everything they wanted at the end?
>>
>>92604759
>...he won't throw away their childhood (which is the best thing in the world to him) away just to follow pursuit of isolated study

Correction
>>
Both shows had good endings but I have a problem with Samurai Jack's ending.

It wouldn't have made sense for Jack not to get back to the past because that was the whole point of the series but I had a problem with how things were handled when he got back.
>>
>>92604759
>We have no reason to believe that Mabel will literally never allow Dipper to leave her side

She literally refused to leave her dream bubble and help fix the mess she started until Dipper promised to stay with her after the summer.

>and you're forgetting that Dipper chose to stay because loves his sister enough that he won't throw away their childhood (which is the best thing in the world to him) away just to follow pursuit of
Pussywhipped boyfriends and People in abusive relationships often do hold feelings of affections for their others. That doesn't make it an okay relationship though.
>>
>>92604822
>Dipper convinces Mabel that life, love and family are more important than illusion and imaginary friends, and she agreed and moved forward with that

The fact that she, the emotional empathetic twin, had to be convinced of that at all shows a lot of selfishness on her part.
>>
>>92604958

She's not the more empathetic twin, Dipper is. Dipper matures more than Mabel in the second season, and in the last episode Dipper has the maturity to protect and be a steadfast object of faith for her sister, in a moment where she literally wanted to forsake life, he had the strength to pull her back. This is a sign of maturity, he takes on a responsibility and capability of protecting the weak. It's meaningful and significant and indicative of growth of both sides, Mable herself has to be mature in order to make the decision she does. Just because Dipper helps her doesn't mean it doesn't count.

>>92604918
>choosing to spend one childhood summer with your twin sister instead of going to summer camp is an abusive relationship
It's three months man, three months you never get back.
>>
>>92600317
>>92600341
"Don't trust anyone" phrase also would have more meaning in overall
>>
I honestly think it would have worked better if Mabel's bubble was a time loop, not her as a self indulgent god.

>Dipper wakes up in bed. He's greeted by Mabel who is doing something goofy. He's overjoyed to see her but...wasn't the town destroyed? They entered a bubble to rescue her. Mabel laughs it off, saying the town is fine and Dipper has been taking his work with Ford too seriously.
>They go about their day in the Shack, Soos and Wendy showing up for work. They reveal they too woke up in bed just fine and assume for all the stuff they've seen a shared dream isn't too out there.
>The day is pretty much perfect and the twins go to sleep...but when they wake up, Dipper slowly realises it's the exact same day. Mabel ignores him and the towns folk subtly reveal demonic forms trying to silence Dipper, like the constructs in the episode.
>Eventually the failure to silence Dipper has revealed the town as a nightmare sham, with the fake residents being held back by Wendy and Soos. The only way out is for Mabel to completely lose faith in the fake world, Dipper pleading with her to come to her senses.
>Mabel finally snaps, crying about how she didn't want to lose this perfect summer because everything will change afterwards. She made a deal with Bill because she feared losing the happiness she had, including her brother.
>Dipper responds he can't promise he'll always be right next to her but he'll always be her brother, just like she'll always be his sister. They get to write that future and the first step is facing reality to stop Bill.
>Mabel realises Dipper is right, wipes her eyes and they have an awkward sibling hug. "HEY, TRIANGLE! Deal's off." The bubble pops, dropping the four a few feet back down into the wrecked town.
>Mabel thanks them for saving her and apologises for being foolish. Dipper tells her not to worry, reminding her she's reigned him in too when he needed it. The group heads off to the Shack, episode ends as official.
>>
>>92604462
The thing is, Dipper doesn't forgive Mabel for her part in Weirdmageddon, because he never once learns what really happened
>>
>>92604626
See, it wasn't something she gave up so much as something she had to be rescued from. It was a prison that, knowing Bill, may well have been slowly killing or assimilating her.
>>
>Mabel freaks out over the possibility of her brother abandoning her by staying in Gravity Falls
>immediately proceeds to abandon him during the apocalypse, even going so far as to replace him
>>
One thing that bothered me about Weirdmageddon was that the first half is almost entirely dedicated to finding and rescuing Mabel because she's oh so important, only for her to barely do anything in the second half
>>
File: not dead.png (401KB, 514x730px) Image search: [Google]
not dead.png
401KB, 514x730px
This. This ending was best.
>>
>>92605522
What do you mean?
>>
>>92601827
Huh, I see your pojnt.
>>
>>92603773
>>92604462
>>92604065

Well, if forgiveness is really such a big theme, why not include a scene where Mabel breaks down crying with guilt over causing Weirdmageddon, but Dipper comforts and forgives her? That would've at least been more satisfying than what we got
>>
>>92605636
Eh, maybe that could work
>>
>>92598479
Pacifica was never crucial
>>
>>92606444

It's not a show about humiliation and breakdown, it's a show about sticking together because you care, and not blowing up or reducing to tears just because you or someone didn't do something perfect,
>>
>>92607107
>It's not a show about humiliation

That sure happens to Dipper a lot, though
>>
>>92601827

But Mable WAS being a wrong count when she wanted to give up real life and live with fantasy Dipper. She was wrong and was selfishly ending the world. Dipper talks her ou of it by spelling out the moral of the show, which she agrees with then changes her mind and does the right thing. The scene was a miniature arc where Mabel realized real Dipper was more important than a fake one, and the show treated her and her snotty explanation as wrong and world-destroying. Just because Dipper had to show humility to show her that doesn't mean he got wrecked and she didn't. Quite the opposite, Dipper helped her out of selfishness by being selfless himself.

I get the feeling people don't like that the show tasks Dipper to act with adult humility to make things right. Dipper is highly venerated and celebrated with th finale as the most correct character.
>>
>>92590531
Samurai Jack was slightly disappointing. Gravity Falls was very disappointing
>>
>>92593828
/thread.
>>92601466
You are aware you can discuss the faults of something while still enjoying them as a whole right?
>>
File: t.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>this fucking thread
>all this projection

Look I know Mabel is a stand in for your girlfriend or sister or other family member you have issues with but it's a fucking kiddie cartoon and you're all seeing a fuckton of shit that just does not exist.

Fuck I had problems with the ending too, the Stan and Ford subplot was criminally underdeveloped for something we're suddenly supposed to care about, the prophecy shit was kind of half assed and disappointing, Bill was OP so he had to do dumb fucking shit so a goofball family had any chance of beating him and the stupid shit was annoying. But all this intense family psychodrama shit. Wew lad.

The real problem was the show was supposed to be 3 seasons and was shoehorned into 2 most likely so it had a rushed 2B that's didn't flesh out everything. And I even think the Mabel breaks the rift thing should have come up like Ford fucking up came up because it was a very emotional scene that just dissapeared like it never happened and a missed chance for Mabel character growth. But all the anger and projection I don't get.
>>
>>92607473
This. It was an imperfect show stunted by being rushed, but for all this Mabel whining all I hear is some kid trying to talk himself out of learning a lesson by complaining to his mom that his sister has gotten away with it before. When I successfully save the world and talk my sister back Ito joint reality instead of destroying it, the last thing I would do is complain that I tasked myself with saving the world but she didn't.
>>
>>92607612

Talk my sister back into reality instead of destroying it
>>
File: IMG_2394.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>92607473
>All I can do is accuse people who disagree with me of "Projection" while simultaneously making excuses for Hirsch's shit work ethic.
Get out and take your shitty buzzwords with you. If you can't understand such a simple concept as people disliking Mabel for being a shit after multiple threads like this where it's explained in detail then you never will, because it's obvious you don't want to understand.
>>
>>92607473
>I don't like this character. here's why
>oh you must be projecting haha
Do you ever actually go outside? Even actual psychology students don't spew out that word as much as some dumb nerd on 4chan.
>>
>>92607638

>Hey now listen here mister, myself and some other anons have been repeating ourselves on this subject for a whole year now, and each time we repeat ourselves we get truer and truer, at this point there shouldn't be one last person who doesn't agree with some shit about how pissy I was last year at a cartoon, that I've been spamming.
>So just take it! Agree with me! Shut up! No I don't have an 'argument', I just can't have you saying something that isn't a repetition of what I've already settled on!

Doing the right thing means forgiving other people who can't.
>>
>>92607722

It may not be you but someone or some people in this thread are raging at Mabel for not getting as hard a time as Dipper does, and are frustrated at what they perceive to be persecution even though Dipper is the hero of the story and wins the day.
>>
>>92607722

Not everyone is but there's no doubt a lot of people here are hardcore projecting about this. We've even had a couple feels threads where anons outright talked about how they are literally projecting w/ sibling drama or similar things they went through. You can dislike a character without projecting but for this specific thing in this specific place a lot of people are projecting yes.
>>
>>92607845
>I literally cannot understand other Anon's viewpoints on this issue despite them having been explained.
>This must be an indicator that their position is untenable and not that I either lack basic comprehension skills or have no wish to understand someone else's point of view
It's one thing to not agree, but to not even understand and immediately dismiss it as projection reflects poorly on you.
>>
>>92608314

I can understand discontent but there are real people here who rage at Mabel with all the anger of a jealous little brother as if she 'got away with' 'being a selfish and bad person', when in reality she realized she was wrong and capitulated to the hero's righteous will to save the world.

I certainly understand having problems with it or disliking it. I even understand why you'd be one of the manchildren who sperg about it like daddy took away your toy, though once those get angry enough they expose their belief that it's more important who gets a lecture from mommy than it is who saves the fucking world.

She simply did not turn out to be the hero in the second half of the story. Dipper is the hero, so he hears some grief about accountability, chooses to take on the self-responsibility, and in doing so pulls his world-destroying sister out of delusion and saves the fucking planet.

NONE of the characters are as rational or caring as Dipper. They are all consistently shown to be regular, human egos, and their temporary grievances with Dipper are normal expressions, not child-crushing attacks meant to destroy his character. Admitting to accountability is a good thing and is something expected of a hero, and Mabel is a sweet childish little girl who eventually realizes her brother is caring and doing the right thing for them.

So yes, I get it. It makes perfect sense if you wanted Mabel to have a hero arc and you were disappointed you didn't get it, and that she wasn't really treated as a main and accountable character in the final arcs. I also 'get' how people in this thread and every thread since before the show ended can so blatantly demand Mabel receive an equal amount of humiliation and shame in order to 'make it fair for Dipper', like a petulant child who tattles on all his peers as soon as he gets caught because he can't handle being in a worse spot than his peers, or suffering for their behalf for an episode.
>>
Also notable how the character who saves the world is the one who never blames anyone, and all the people who cause it blame others and the main character as often as they can.
>>
>>92608828
>when in reality she realized she was wrong and capitulated to the hero's righteous will to save the world.
Again, she didn't realize anything. She didn't leave the Bubble because she was convinced she was wrong, she left because her brother practically got on his knees and begged her and admitted she was right.

> I even understand why you'd be one of the manchildren who sperg about it like daddy took away your toy, though once those get angry enough they expose their belief that it's more important who gets a lecture from mommy than it is who saves the fucking world.
>wanting characters to learn through the consequences of their actions like literally everyone, real and fictional, means you obviously associate Mabel with the sibling who gets away with everything.
Now look who's projecting.

>Mabel is a sweet childish little girl
STOP! This cognitive dissonance shit is exactly why Mabel's actions are infuriating. You can have her act as selfish as you want and that's fine, but you can't expect people to swallow this drivel about how "she's such a sweet little girl" when she continually does awful things. If you're gonna have her act like a shit, at least don't try to tell us she's Shirley temple.

>I also 'get' how people in this thread and every thread since before the show ended can so blatantly demand Mabel receive an equal amount of humiliation and shame in order to 'make it fair for Dipper', like a petulant child who tattles on all his peers as soon as he gets caught because he can't handle being in a worse spot than his peers, or suffering for their behalf for an episode.
You know for someone who complains about projection, you sure do a lot of it yourself. Accusing people of acting like children or masking some hidden insecurity when they have grievences with how a character's portrayed is a pretty underhanded method of argument.
>>
File: 1437872460705.jpg (21KB, 143x305px) Image search: [Google]
1437872460705.jpg
21KB, 143x305px
>>92607473
>What's the REAL reason you hate Mabel, goobermeister? You claim its because she caused the apocalypse but is it something... more? Is it because you don't have your own cartoo- Oh that's it, isn't it?
>>
>>92600341
Soos would have been a great choice for that, in my opinion. He was comic relief a majority of the time so it would give him something important and plot-relevant to do.
>>
>>92611519
The people still fucking angry to this degree about Mabel not giving up Waddles so Dipper could try to cuck another guy out of his gf like an asshole really have issues.

The shit at the end was actually to the detriment of Mabel's character and the show's problem was that it lost interest in her and deprived her of a good arc. Escape from Reality wasn't a good conclusion of the two main characters' arc for a lot of people. And notice how two episodes from the end of the series is the conclusion of Dipper's arc, too. The end focus is ALL on Ford and Stan and since a lot of people didn't give much of a fuck about Ford who had just shown up and 2B had barely anything about their relationship having the finale hinge on it and just kind of dropping Dipper and Mabel who we'd been following for the entire show since the beginning and who got so much screen time was kind of shitty. After the bubble shit they don't do shit and might as well not even be in it for all their actions contribute that episode was it for them.
>>
>>92612904
>when the strawman you built was actually right
>>
File: JUST.jpg (16KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
16KB, 300x400px
>>92611519
>30 years have passed, but I'm still a manlet...
>Deadlines have lost their effect on me...
>Yet the hiatus continues...
>Drumpf's grasp chokes the country, the world, the internet...
>Hillary lost...
>Gotta get back, back to the drawing board, Samurai Hack
>>
>>92607473
>tfw no gf who screws up so badly she almost destroys the whole world and no one cares because they're all used to her screwing up so much
>>
>>92590531
More like, "Which ending is more hated by 4Chan?"
>>
>>92593828
/thread
>>
>>92613978
Both
>>
>people trying this hard to defend shitty writing
>>
>>92612904
Heh.
>>
the GF ending was a fucking disaster, some arcs and mysteries either had terrible resolutions or none at all

in comparison SJ's ending was tame, tough it certainly wasnt worth 13 years

>>92593865
Korra had an awful final scene, but the ending itself wasnt that bad
>>
>>92616989
I agree
>>
>>92605636

I like this suggestion a lot. I know Groundhog Day-type plots are cliched nowadays, but hell, Alex and crew borrowed plenty of ideas anyway. A timeloop with a slow breakdown sounds far more interesting than squandering what should have been the deuteragonist's most crucial episode on a heap of ye old '80s references.

>>92611669

That second paragraph sums up most of my issues with Weirdmageddon perfectly. Mabel is used as little more than prop to show off Dipper's development and suffers as a result, and the show blows its most important emotional load in the penultimate episode.

Maybe if Stan and Ford had more interaction and Ford had more development (like a season's worth), their conflict upstaging Dipper and Mabel would have been better. But with the amount of episodes we got, I wish the reconciliations had been reversed in order, with the Stans making peace to help Dipper and Mabel reunite.
>>
File: IMG_20170522_191916.jpg (184KB, 1000x1249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170522_191916.jpg
184KB, 1000x1249px
>DiMartino failed
>Alex failed
>Genndy failed
>Rebecca will most likely fail as well
Leave the state of Western Animation to me.
>>
>>92619479
But her show is a wacky western take on a Japanese genre.
>>
>>92602579
Yes, which could only be unlocked by purchasing all the gf episodes, according to hirsch it's considered the true ending.
>>
File: 1489632906206.jpg (230KB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
1489632906206.jpg
230KB, 1280x961px
>>92619479
>>Rebecca will most likely fail as well

that depends, if its a normal episode it will most likely be mediocre

however if it airs during a bomb or its an special its guaranteed to be amazing

Star has absolutely no chance of doing it better if that happens
>>
>>92622204
Eh, I prefer Star vs. all-around, personally
>>
>>92619479
>implying based Adventure Time won't swoop in with the suprise best ending of the century
>>
>>92625406

At this point, not even the best ending ever will pardon how hard AT dropped the ball while getting there. I hope it'll end on a high note, though.
>>
>>92623975
i still need to catch up

i watched the first season only, it wasnt bad but it didnt hook me
>>
File: IMG_1821.jpg (28KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1821.jpg
28KB, 219x230px
>>92613249
>>92613299
Kek
>>
>>92590531
Gravity falls suffers from a lazy writer. He rushed it.
>>
>>92590531
Samurai Jack. Even though Gravity Falls' ending was flawed from a character writing perspective, it was still entertaining in it's own right. Samurai Jack's was 50% nothing-going-on.
>>
>>92590531
Steven Universe because it isn't going to end, it will just keep meandering with zero growth for Steven and every "threat" they encounter is immediately pacified
>>
>>92600317
>>92600341
should have been Stanley. He rips off the eye patch and reveals a yellow eye, next deal they make is Stanley's redemption
>>
>>92622204
>however if it airs during a bomb or its an special its guaranteed to be amazing
Well I guess it's a good think CN doesn't air anything that isn't part of a bomb.
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.