[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how did this wrestler turned actor become one of the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So how did this wrestler turned actor become one of the best and funniest characters in his film and of the entire MCU?

I mean really, I thought that the big dumb meathead with family issues would wear thin but he was surprisingly good in the first one and by far the best thing in GOTG 2/
>>
by being himself, he's always been charismatic
>>
By the average cape movie fan having the IQ of a roasted potato and thinking the humor in these movies is actually good
>>
>>92578736
He was serious about the part and took extra acting lessons once he learned he got the part.
>>
File: edgy.png (220KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
220KB, 373x327px
>>92578910
>>
He shouldn't have won the Royal Rumble. That was complete bullshit.
>>
>>92578736
The part was written to fit the actor.

The lack of a dramatic angle in this movie (like Drax had in his confrontation with Ronan on Knowhere) and reuse of the loud laughing gag was essentially done to fit Bautista.

Ironically it was the increased jokes and decreased drama that he (initially) disliked about the GotG Vol. 2 script.
>>
>>92578736
He works as a good foil to the other personalities by being so blunt and obvious about everything.

I think GOTG2 used it just enough, though, because his "I AM POINTING OUT THE JOKE" bit could get tired if overused.
>>
>>92578901

I'm not a big wrestling guy, but I caught him in a few events, and the dude was just tall with an intense stare. He had almost no charisma.

>>92578955

This. The man seems to earnestly care and want to do his best. He's not bringing any ego into it. He knows he came from a profession where he didn't have the skills he needed, so he worked at it. Seems to have worked.

The real test will be Bladerunner of all things. I'm sure whatever roll he has in that will be different enough from Drax so we can tell if he has actually learned to act, or if he just lucked out that Drax fit whatever limited range he developed.
>>
>>92579111

I did like how subtly they played the idea that his blunt and totally wrong observations were actually a hidden truth thing.
>>
>>92579161
>I'm not a big wrestling guy

and that's where i stop paying attention to anything afterwards
>>
>>92579242
Dumbass.

BTW, not that anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.