[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well that was pretty good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 83

File: Samurai_Jack_season_5.png (151KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai_Jack_season_5.png
151KB, 280x280px
Well that was pretty good.
>>
>>92574196
>The first 3 episodes were literal bait for edgy manchildren
Was Genndy secretly genius?
>>
>>92574234

First 2 episodes and first half of third are the best part of this show.

Rest is incredibly rushed, laughable story with retarded romance forced in and worst ending ever.

> Jack: Ashi what's wrong?
> Ashi: Time Paradox LOL *poofs*

It was fucking laughable. I couldn't even feel sad.
>>
>>92574196
Yes.
>>
>>92574196
No.
>>
>>92574196
Maybe.
>>
File: 1495351526869.png (308KB, 688x602px) Image search: [Google]
1495351526869.png
308KB, 688x602px
>>92574196
It was alright, the time paradox thing at the end was stupid.
>>
>>92574309

Isn't it odd that she died like weeks after Aku? Shouldn't she gave been screaming in pain as Jack killed Aku?
>>
>>92574196
>for the first 3 episodes.
>>
File: swiggity-swooty-gif[1].gif (381KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
swiggity-swooty-gif[1].gif
381KB, 350x263px
>>92574407
>>
>>92574309

This.

Gendry is a fucking hack.
>>
Legit cringed at the line

>Ashi, you have Aku's powers!

She kind of is a fanfiction cliche you guys
>>
>>92574428
In lots of stories with time travel, time takes a sort of 'meta-time' to catch up with itself. Sometimes it's only seconds or minutes, but it's rare that the timeline cleans itself up instantly. That wouldn't allow for heart-wrenching goodbyes and whatnot
>>
It had flaws, that's for sure. But in the end, it was amazing. I loved it, despite its shortcomings, and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. I still don't know if I would have preferred a 2 hour long movie, but for what we got I am immensely satisfied.
>>
>>92574196
I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE ENDING

It was perfect except how Ashi disappeared. I always believe that time traveling removes you from your original timeline so you can't get paradoxed, but whatever you don't have to play by my rules. WHY WAS THERE SUCH A HUGE TIME GAP BETWEEN AKU DYING AND ASHI DISAPPEARING? It is L I T E R A L L Y as if Ashi only disappears because only then at that point thought about it and thinking about it causes it to happen.

She should have disappeared right as Aku died for it to make any sense. But I know WHY they did it, they wanted it to be super fucking sad to have her die on their wedding day.

WELL THERE WAS AN EASIER WAY TO DO IT

When Ashi is preparing for the wedding show her coughing and getting sickly, then when she falls over she instead says "Aku's power was the only thing keeping me alive" and then instead of disappearing she flakes away as burned ash just like Aku does. Literally the EXACT same emotional moment, but now it actually makes sense. Precedence for it too given that Aku was able to control her by proxy, just say that they were secretly always linked.

Other than that it was fine. Just pretend it ended with Ashi smiling and walking up to Jack, just smash cut to credits right there and then it's fine.
>>
>>92574482

fag
>>
>>92574468
Well, she is his daughter and had been shapeshifting during the entire episode. It was pretty obvious she had them.
>>
>>92574309
>best part of the show is 3 episodes that are completely different than the original series
>>
>>92574475
Really? Every single time travel story either uses the parallel timelines thing or changes happen really quickly. I've actually never seen a story where timeline changes take like a days or weeks to catch up.
>>
>>92574527
>>92574475

*Every single time travel story I've seen, I wanted to ask for examples of the contrary. My brain's bad today.
>>
File: disgusted doggo.png (19KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted doggo.png
19KB, 189x189px
>>92574196
>a female character solely made to be the male main character's waifu
>gets OP superpowers proceeds to be as competent as the main character and villain
>essentially becomes the plot device/McGuffin of the story
>has an overdramatic tragic end during a wedding for drama

Literally fan-fiction tier writing,
>>
>>92574527
If I'm not mistaken, Back to the Future is like this.
... When it's convienient for the script, that is, BttF is a bit inconsistent with its rules. But there are times when things start disappearing slowly after an alteration is done instead of instantly being wiped out.

Also, there is the possibility Ashi survived long because of her own Aku powers and only died when completely exhausted. Aku has time powers after all.
>>
>>92574574
>Also, there is the possibility Ashi survived long because of her own Aku powers and only died when completely exhausted. Aku has time powers after all.

That's EXACTLY my point in my other post

THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT

THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS HER AKU POWERS KEEPING HER TOGETHER AND AT THAT MOMENT IT RAN OUT

Because now it looks like she only disappears because she thinks about it and that's fucking stupid.
>>
You guys remember that samurai jack was just a monster of the week show that kept contriving reasons why jack couldn't go back to the past. It wasn't known for its tightly woven narrative.
>>
>>92574491
I hate when shows pick and choose which time travel rules to follow.
>>
>>92574516
Yes. I wish they hadn't been made so I wouldn't be expecting that kind of excellence from the rest of the season.
>>
>>92574482
Pretty much the same. I've seen many shows/movies with (painful) flaws however I choose to acknowledge but not be bitter about it. Instead I'd mostly like to focus on what was really good. Like in Jack's case: the music, backgrounds and scenery, most of the individual characters and standalone episodes.
>>
File: nia's death.png (844KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nia's death.png
844KB, 1280x720px
>>92574491
I have a problem with the wedding scene as well, but I'd like the opposite. They get married and then she fades away on the altar.

And I agree they should have snuck in a line about how Aku's power was keeping her from fading, or, if that's how time works in this, how she would disappear a while after the change.

But neither of those are a major problem for me.
>>
File: 1493525630260.png (250KB, 1011x577px) Image search: [Google]
1493525630260.png
250KB, 1011x577px
>pretty good
That last episode was a goddamn mess.

>Pacing issues
>Power of love shit
>Entire series, all those characters and adventures, undone because loltimetravel
>Ashi gets wiped out after being forced on the audience for the entire season
>Don't even get to see a glimpse of the future Jack created
A fucking mess. In fact, its the culmination of all the little problems that had been piling up throughout the rest of the season.

What a fucking shit. At least Scotsman and Mecha Samurai were good.
>>
>>92574428
Jack killing Aku should technically make it impossible for him to kill Aku the way he did

since there is no more Aku, then Ashi can't be born....thus she is stopping to exist.

However, No furniture ashi, no time portal for jack to go back to the past
>>
>>92574690
Fuck, I miss Sudoku Jack so goddamn much now.
>>
The only problem with the time travel is that Ashi shouldn't have gone to the past with Jack.
>>
>>92574629
The first 3 episodes were damn near masterpieces, series went to shit as soon as Ashi opened her mouth. There was nothing like the first 3 episodes after that.
>>
File: WsyLwRO.jpg (486KB, 1520x3000px) Image search: [Google]
WsyLwRO.jpg
486KB, 1520x3000px
Was this updated for the final episode?
>>
>>92574728
We don't even get a goodbye to anyone, bitch just pops open a portal and away they go, then she dies.
>>
>>92574754
How can you die if you never existed in the first place.
>>
>>92574693
Exactly, it would've been fine if they played the "removed from original timeline card" or made up another reason for Ashi dying. But the fact that they explicitly make it about a time paradox means that the events as they happened shouldn't work. They decided to pick and choose with time travel rules.

They could've easily avoided the problem by making up another reason but they wanted to seem SOOOO smart and insert some time travel shit in the ending without thinking about the problems it causes. I hate that the most, problems that arise that could've easily been avoided without changing anything. Change Ashi's one line from "lol time paradox" to "lol Aku's power kept me alive" and you avoid this problem entirely.
>>
>>92574619
Not really, it was clear she was weakining since they defeated Aku. There's that scene where she falls but reassures Jack she's fine. Then during her walk her eyes/expression also looked very tired.
That already shows it was a gradual process of weakining since Aku died.
This show never explained things in much detail anyway, and I don't really think this in particular needs to be explained beyond what was shown.
>>
File: War_assets.jpg (145KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
War_assets.jpg
145KB, 1000x562px
What was Jack's War Assets by the end?
>>
File: 1495360326723.png (3MB, 1062x3148px) Image search: [Google]
1495360326723.png
3MB, 1062x3148px
>>92574750
>>
File: frankie.jpg (92KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
frankie.jpg
92KB, 768x1024px
>>92574196
It was shit. Ignore the Genndy dick riders. Only half of the show was decent.
>>
>>92574690
you're right, Jack shouldn't have gone back to the past
>>
>>92574682
I liked Yoko in a suit.
>>
Better ending should have had everything be normal, Jack is training Ashi and she accidentally cuts herself with a sword.

As they leave to go tend to the wound, the camera pans down to the droplets of blood on the ground, and they turn black and start to move.

>[muffled Aku laughing in the background]
>>
>>92574778
All they really needed to do was change Ashi's one single line of dialogue to be something NOT about time travel and it would be less stupid looking. Because her one explanation line is "I just realized time paradox!" it makes it look like she died because she THOUGHT about the time paradox.

Just change that one line to something else. They didn't need to explain a fucking thing just don't make that one line so stupid and nonsensical since it causes a time paradox with how Jack defeats Aku anyway.
>>
File: fdsffdsf.jpg (57KB, 222x274px) Image search: [Google]
fdsffdsf.jpg
57KB, 222x274px
>>92574784
That last picture makes the episode look better than it actually was.
>>
Why does everyone in this thread keeps insisting time travel can only work one way and everything else besides the version they like of it is wrong?
I mean you do know there's a gorillion of different time travel rules in different works, right?
>>
File: 1458337925418.jpg (26KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1458337925418.jpg
26KB, 552x594px
>>92574784
Thanks, anon
>>
>>92574196
Was shit. At least it ended.
>>
>>92574196
That last episode though, that was the cheesiest fuckingbthing ive ever seen and i loved every second of it.

Theres nothing like good old fashioned cheesy action cartoons.
>>
>>92574816
>it makes it look like she died because she THOUGHT about the time paradox.
To you, "it's because she thought about it" didn't ever cross my mind.
Maybe you're just retarded anon.
>>
>>92574196
Same. It was mostly good, but the finale needed to be double length. Also, that tea gag took too long.
>>
>>92574818
But it's good.

>>92574822
Trying to find any flaw with the ending.
>>
File: 1461778265985.jpg (24KB, 335x327px) Image search: [Google]
1461778265985.jpg
24KB, 335x327px
>>92574784
It's beautiful. Should have sent a poet.
>>
Probability of the same team doing another project (hopefully a new ip)?
>>
>>92574196
welp it's TTGL all over again. Fuck this. Out of all the choices on how to end they went with the worst one.
>>
>>92574863
I liked it but it was rushed, Jack doesn't even get to say goodbye to anyone and may have just made them nonexistent with the time travel rules they set up.
>>
>>92574196
The middle of the season was the weakest part, but yeah overall it was good.

Now I'm just siting back and having a laugh at how /co/ can't accept anything not being either utter irredemably shit or a flawless masterpiece.
>>
>>92574859
Or maybe you are because you don't think things through. Either she had the realization as she was dying which then makes it look like the realization killed her, or she had some idea beforehand which makes it weird why she didn't say anything about it. It comes off as really weird that the time paradox waited that long to afflict the change to her existence but not any events that she had done, and it bothers me that that weird feeling could've been avoided even by rephrasing her last words.

The crux of it comes down to, anyone with half a brain can tell they only did things this way because they wanted to have this one sad scene. That's lazy, lazy in how blatant they did things to set up this one emotional moment. And if they wanted to have this emotional moment then fine but I'm just saying there was a better way to go about it that would've taken no more effort.
>>
>>92574910
What?
>>
File: Esidisi.jpg (71KB, 680x794px) Image search: [Google]
Esidisi.jpg
71KB, 680x794px
>92574863
You're either being retarded for (You)s or your IQ level is that of a pigeon shit.
>>
>>92574986
>the newfag hates SJ and loves JoJo
Surprising.
>>
>>92574969
Except she was getting weaker before she says it. You're ignoring that.

Also if you would be ok with it had she worded things slightly differently, then we are just arguing over semantics.
I'm not disagreeing they could have made things more clear, but I don't get how someone can be this mad about it.
>>
It was meh
Not worth the hype.
>>
>>92574969
> they only did things this way because they wanted to have this one sad scene. That's lazy, lazy in how blatant they did things to set up this one emotional moment.
You mean the writers did a particular setup because they wanted a particular scene as payoff? Outrageous!
>>
>>92574784
I'm so glad I got to see this completed. Whatever anon was responsible for this, he or she has my eternal gratefulness.
>>
File: 1490577161224.png (428KB, 656x712px) Image search: [Google]
1490577161224.png
428KB, 656x712px
Overall? I'd give the Season 8/10. It's not perfect, or what most people wanted/expected necessarily, and half the season's episodes had rushed final scenes so that the middle of the episode could let its animation/setpiece boner go full-force, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it.

3 > 2=1 > 9>=10 > 7>=8 > 6 > 4>=5, and I wouldn't call any of them bad episodes on the whole, but 4 and 5 were close to being mediocre if not for a couple saving graces.

I'm glad it happened, I'm glad it's over, I'm glad I saw it (and watched it with some friends), but I won't pretend it stuck the landing perfectly.

>>92574784
Fucking beautiful. Saved.
>>92574910
Genndy said he's already talking with [as]. I would hope an original project gets hype regardless of thoughts about SJS5; it would be an entirely different undertaking, likely more episodic and with WAY less baggage on how to do things than the finale of a 15+ year old beloved series.
>>
>>92575050
In a totally unnatural way

Stephen King put it best when he said he creates characters, and where they end up isn't dictated or forced by him
>>
>>92574750
>>92574784
other than the last 3 minutes episode xcix was incredibly boring and felt like a waste. It doesn't deserve that reaction.
>>
File: image.png (848KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
848KB, 1334x750px
>>92574196
I'm convinced something happened after episode three that made the pacing go to shit.
>>
>>92575072
I don't think it felt that unnatural. It could be done better but I didn't find it particularly poorly done either. But each to their own I guess.
>>
3/10

Only the first 3 episodes showed promise. Rest was just waifu baiting and time paradox bullshit.
>>
>>92575130
Ashi didnt die
>>
>>92574768
Your logic is sound, however you fail to understand just because something is logical doesn't mean it isn't fucking horseshit.
>>
File: IMG_2778.png (329KB, 603x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2778.png
329KB, 603x459px
>>92574196
IT WAS FUCKING SHIT KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT
>>
File: 1495346820061.jpg (3MB, 3975x3055px) Image search: [Google]
1495346820061.jpg
3MB, 3975x3055px
>The comic actually had a better ending
Jack realizing he can't change the past and instead saving the future. But because the comic did this already, we got an ending where everyone throughout the series is erased from existance, ignoring the fact that if Ashi was never born, he wouldn't have been to go back to the past.
>>
>>92575029
I'm this mad because of how easily they could've avoided the problem with no effort. It's like that video of lots of mildly annoying things happening. They could have made things more clear by changing one line of dialogue, that's just frustrating to think about. It's poor writing and poor pacing is what it is.

>>92575050
There's a good way to write a situation with the desired outcome, and a bad way

Say I want a character to die protecting another character

Good way
>"I'll shoot you with my gun!"
>"I'll push you out of the way, but in the process I got shot and am now bleeding to death!"

bad way
>"I'll shoot you with my gun that fires very slow energy bullets!"
>"Instead of pushing you out of the way I'm just gonna stand in front of you for what looks like a solid ten seconds and not make any attempt to move you out of the way or deflect the energy bullet"

>>92575132
It's not the worst example but I'm not gonna let it slide just because it's not the worst I've seen.
>>
File: AkuReadsTheScript.png (2MB, 1619x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AkuReadsTheScript.png
2MB, 1619x1080px
>>92574196

It should have ended with either both of them dying, or Jack coming to terms with the fact he'll never return to the past.

If they were going to pull the time-paradox bullshit, Ashi should have disappeared almost instantly, and Jack should have aged 50 years and passed as a result.

Or he could have accepted the situation that he would never return to the past, and after defeating Aku, lived out the rest of his immortal life with his Aku-Powered immortal Waifu as guardians of the new world, gradually undoing Aku's influence.
>>
It was fine. The final episode needed a Venture Bros style 45 minute special on the ending to flesh it out slightly more. But Gendy was going for a Kurasawa homage ending and damned if he wasn't going to pull it off (Seven Samurai in particular). It just felt rushed, which made people confused to the final message (Jack won the battle with Aku. But it was phyric for him since he lost his true love. But their sacrifice was for the betterment world)
>>
>>92575216
those people would want to be erased from existence if it stopped aku. Jack had to get back to the past, any other ending would just be an edgy cop-out. No wonder they saved that ending for a comic book.
>>
>>92575225
Oh shit can you imagine

They kill Aku and all the warriors of the past come to congratulate them. Suddenly Ashi keels over and starts fading while Jack suddenly ages 50 years in an instant. They're both dying but they're dying together and they hold each others hands as they go, and then you end with the same shot but two gravestones placed next to each other.

Bam. Twice as emotional, less confusing contradiction.
>>
>>92575130
Is that even a question? It was Ashi, Ashi as a character basically fucked the rest of the season.
>>
>>92574196
Watching it a second time made me realize how good it really was. It was a lot to take in the first time around and I understand where people are coming from. I'm sure in time this all will be cleared up in a few months.
>>
>>92575222
Calm down autismo.
>>
>>92575267
>edgy
This word has lost all meaning.
>>
>>92574309
It's almost as if she REALIZED she can't exist and then BAMN reality hit her.

Makes sense in cartoon logic
>>
>>92575268
What a horrific ending, in a way that's even worse than the futurefag one. So glad you're not Genndy.
>>
>>92575029
>Except she was getting weaker before she says it. You're ignoring that.
There's the one line that's instead explained away as "I felt him leave me" which sets up the Aku juice explanation better. Then she looks pretty damn peachy when she's preparing for her wedding, her only display of discomfort is seconds before she falls over where she looks troubled like she's thinking about something and not feeling sick.
>>
>>92574781
I thought I was the only one feeling mass effect on this
>>
>>92575306
that's because some words are used to convey a feeling, like "nice" and "fun". They don't have objective definitions but that doesn't make them meaningless.
>>
File: 1491831375928.jpg (220KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491831375928.jpg
220KB, 600x800px
Anyone got a mega for latest ep?
>>
>>92575304
You literally can't stop me
because I'm right and your only defense is "it's a cartoon mane don't think about it too hard"
>>
>go into a story about time travel
>expect there to be no paradoxes

What were you expecting? Time travel never makes any sense, unless you're talking about parallel universes. Name one (1) example of a time travel story without any possible paradoxes.
>>
>>92575362
https://mega.nz/#!dy4CGLjY!_Zw7RiPg3TnLE-45YFNoU6MiiVzjIqvCJuiyjeuKqA4
>>
>>92574784
nice
>>
>>92575399
I was expecting parallel universes because as you said, time paradoxes don't happen when you pull a DBZ Trunks thing and just say "fuck it they're not in their original timeline anymore"
>>
>>92575399
Dragonball Z had a pretty succinct and simple-to-chart time travel story, which is pretty weird since a lot of stuff about DBZ is vague and hard to explain; I suppose it falls into the multiverse theory exception, though.

That's just me playing Devil's Advocate, though, I agree.
>>
>>92575225
All of those are horrifying.
>So glad you're not Genndy.
>>
File: 1402519671396.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402519671396.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>92574196

This has probably pointed out few dozens of times already, but...

IS REALLY CEASING TO EXIST THAT MUCH BETTER FROM AKU'S INFERNAL WORLD?

It isn't just Ashi, but billions upon billions worth of lives that came into the world of Aku's creation, many of whom Jack tried to help.
All of that has been erased in an instant.

And all due to "Hey, Ashi! You randomly have all of Aku's powers!" twist.
>>
>>92575424
If there were parallel universes, Jack's struggle still would have been pointless because Aku would still exist in the original future timeline and Jack just left
>>
>>92575432
Here's my payment of one (You).

Now explain why they're horrifying.
>>
>>92575424
>>92575429
DBZ time travel is anything but simple.
I mean, the concept itself is, but there's so many timelines it becomes a clusterfuck.

Also, if Samurai Jack decided to go with multiple timelines, that would mean Jack doesn't succeed in "undoing the future that is Aku", rendering the whole thing pointless.
It also would mean the future he spent most of the series in and considers his fault for not defeating Aku wasn't really his future.
>>
File: 1495161149578.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495161149578.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
Ashi and Jack should had their moment in the time portal. She could of said bye and shared their feelings as she dissapeared. Then Jack could have emerged from the portal screaming.
>>
you know something shat the bed when the fanbase has to resort to "I think it was breddy gud" instead of actually praising it.
>>
File: 1495345433877.png (300KB, 781x691px) Image search: [Google]
1495345433877.png
300KB, 781x691px
>>92575459
>FROM AKU'S INFERNAL WORLD?
And lets keep in mind that it was heavily implied that Aku had lost a lot of his grasp on power over the course of the 50 years that Jack had been wandering about.

So things were already looking up for the future, even if Aku was still alive. And then *poof*, it all ceases to exist.

Fuck time travel.
>>
>>92575476
There's a simple charted explanation of DBZ's time travel. You can cover every variation in like 4-5 different timelines, with only 3 (main timeline, Future Trunks timeline, Cell kills Trunks and takes his time machine timeline) being all that important.

Also I agree. Multiverse theory wouldn't work at all with what Jack was built on.
>>
>>92575459
>randomly have all of Aku's powers
SHE IS LITERALLY THE SPAWN OF AKU, if we followed your logic then jack shouldn't be able to use the sword too because he's the son of the one who created aku
>>
>>92575459
>ceasing to exist
jack went to the past to kill aku so that all of those people wouldn't have to suffer under aku's bullshit in the future
>>
>>92575461
>>92575476
I was thinking more along the lines of "Ashi was removed from her original timeline so any changes wouldn't effect her because she's no longer connected to it"

and then she dies because "but she IS connected to Aku's power and without Aku she slowly dies"

Because having the answer be time paradox, and having the paradox be timed in such a way without any prior reasoning (having her fall down doesn't count when it's explained as "I felt him leave me" and then she looks perfectly fine preparing for the wedding), it felt too contrived. Too lazily written.
>>
>>92575475
Because all of those scenarios involve Jack dying and/or not getting back to the past. How fucking depressing, not just for him, and not even just for the audience, but for everyone who suffered Aku.
>>
>>92574196
>introduce a character whose only purpose is to die so that the main character can be sad
>waste half of the episodes on filler romance bullshit
>because a story about "man vs monster" really needs some cliched romance
>oh and steal shit from some animu, because that is trendy with cartoonists nowadays
>pretty good
nah
>>
>>92575459
At the very least the people that showed to fight with Jack were ok with it, since Aku made it clear Jack's goal was going to the past and undoing the future.

Maybe they were willing to do anything to free the world of Aku (even if they would not be a part of the new world). Maybe being erased altogether was better than living in a future of literal hell. Maybe they didn't think things through.
>>
>>92575526
>How fucking depressing
So is the real one. Everyone he helped throughout the series was wiped from existence.
>>
>>92575216
Paradoxes are not necessarily impossible.
>>
>>92575526
I actually resent the notion that Aku was all evil, all the peaceful aliens got to live on Earth only because Aku invited them, without him they'll never have a home.
>>
File: 1495352875629.png (125KB, 360x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495352875629.png
125KB, 360x474px
>third of the the episodes are "Hey remember this part from the other seasons, yeah so do we"
>Ignore this completely
What fucking gives?
>>
>>92575558
It is a price they chose to pay themselves. They knew what he was trying to do.

It's poignant, but not depressing.
>>
File: iktnens4z2oy.jpg (112KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
iktnens4z2oy.jpg
112KB, 1189x890px
>>92575587
Fuck wrong image.
>>
The first 3 eps was literally the same fakout they pulled with bioshocks burial at sea
>>
>>92575526
The current ending erases pretty much everyone Jack ever knew, since without Aku's rule over the centuries it's unlikely most of those people will ever be born.
Though to be fair most of them probably died when Aku made rain needles. Only the Spartans and Scotsman's family inside the crater were shown resisting it.
>>
>>92574196
Fuck that ending.That ending was just forcing bittersweet, real subtle bittersweet would have been Jack knowing that for know into forever they will have to continue the cycle of a young boy being raised for no other reason than to fight Aku. He could have kept Ashi, as no matter what Aku will eventually win and Ashi eventually will be created.
>>
>>92575459
>Randomly

Aku literally brought all of his substance to her. No reason for her not to have Aku's powers.
>>92575498
>Why aren't the fans saying it was flawless?

I know it would make things easier for you, but honestly it could have made a couple things better.
>>
Meanwhile, in the comics ending.
>>92575216
>>92575587
>>92575599
>>
>>92575502
>And lets keep in mind that it was heavily implied that Aku had lost a lot of his grasp on power over the course of the 50 years that Jack had been wandering about.
When? Aku was bored because he had conquered Earth and had reach across a few solar systems or so; he had peaked in his control and was complacent. The only positive for the oppressed peoples of Aku are that Jack had given some of them hope and that Aku wasn't personally fucking people up.

Episode 5 in particular shows that shit still sucks on Earth under Aku. Jack shows Ashi the forest destroyed just as a statement, the horrors that Aku's system allows (like that alien who implied he was going to fucking massacre that peaceful village as soon as he came to Earth). Plus, that army attacking Aku with Scotsman's clan was attacking for a reason: shit still sucks and they're trying to end it.

I think it kinda sucks that all those people Jack helped no longer were, but I get what they did: Jack's hangups about all the people he's helped being memories becomes the realization that those memories are better than never having met them at all. Like a lot of the season, it was a bit rushed in getting across, but I get it, and I think it's alright.
>>
>>92575502
>So things were already looking up for the future

They all died in the final battle with exception of the scotsman's daughters and maybe the spartans.
>>
>>92575635
Oh, didn't know there were comics. Carry on then.
>>
>>92575615
That's not bittersweet, that's horrific.
Bittersweet is what we got, and I deeply thank Genndy for not giving in to the types of freaks that frequent /co/.
>>
File: 1492919811930.jpg (45KB, 498x943px) Image search: [Google]
1492919811930.jpg
45KB, 498x943px
>>92575216
>Jack focusing on the future rather than being hung up on the past.
Shit, I really need to read this comic. That's all I fucking wanted.
>>
>>92575587
>>92575599
Yeah that was a bit disappointing, especially after they acknowledged the guardian last episode.

Would be cool if it ended with old King Jack finding the guardian's portal in the past, fighting (maybe even winning in one swing or something to show how strong he grew), and then going into the portal to see what the Aku-less future looks like.

But they would need an extra episode or a longer episode to do that, and I can't really think of anything else they could have done with this old jack will fight the guardian thing.
>>
Isn't it funny that Ashi just waited to the very last moment to disappear at the wedding?

Or that Jack didn't realise that could happen until the very end?
>>
>>92575680
At least it would follow the established canon. It's really fucking annoying that GEnndy wants to have all these fanservice SHOTS, but he just abandons the plot of the old show.
>>
>>92575615
This would work desu, the Present is now Jack's, but the future is forever Aku.
>>
>>92575255
fuc
>>
Literally a forced bittersweet ending, like years of fighting and mental scars weren't enough for Jack.
>>
>>92575733
I think it's just she was trying to live as long as she could but eventually ran out of power.
Though if they were going for a "she dies during the wedding" thing they should do it like this >>92574682
>>
>>92575681
>being hung up on the past
Not like Jack's goal is in the opening or anything, including the new season 5 one...
>>
>>92575781
And look how fucking well that turned out.
>>
>>92574196
Yep.
>>
File: 1483294401833.jpg (62KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1483294401833.jpg
62KB, 396x691px
Am i the only one who thinks the final episode was like x3 faster? Like,they wanted to quickly end the series?
>>
>>92575161
Don't forget 9, that was actually good too.
>>
File: 14849169105222.png (88KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
14849169105222.png
88KB, 5000x5000px
My one complaint is the "you've got Aku's powers" bit.

First of all, that shit is peak fanfiction. At least it's somewhat justified but it still leaves a bad taste.

On the somewhat justified part, I mean that Aku has used his essence to create or posses countless warriors and not one of them could reproduce all of Aku's power without being a full Aku copy, which Ashi wasn't because she's only a human infussed with a goblet amount of Aku essence. The power of love shit that put Ashi back in team Jack only made it all worse, since if we accept that she literally became Aku, then his domination would be absolute because that'd be several steps above simple possession.

Finally, even if accepting that Ashi somehow became a mini Aku, them being equal in power was bullshit and makes the fanfiction feel stronger. This could have been solved easily by making Ashi struggle much more just to survive Aku's assault, and using the portal just as they're about to get destroyed for a perfect pottery with the very first episode.

>>92575733

I'll eat my hat if that wasn't Aku perfectly timing it right before death so she would die at the perfect moment.

Even in death, Aku fucks with Jack's love life.
>>
>>92575836
Certainly looks like something that could be stretched out into a three-parter.

>Not bookending the series with a three-parter

What a wasted opportunity.
>>
So,what was Jack's real name after all?
>>
>>92575836
It was

They tried to do too much

I feel sad now
>>
>>92574196
So how did the show end?
>>
>>92575823
He retconned untold suffering for the entire planet. I'd say that's pretty successful.
>>
>>92575836
Bad pacing forced them to rush the ending. Cutting some shit to have the ending of episode 9 happen at the end of episode 8, or having one more episode would fix it.
>end of ep8: Aku captures Jack
>ep9: everyone comes to help Jack, Ashi regains control, end of episode is her declaring Aku won't hurt Jack
>ep10: more time for the final fight and showing the world without Aku
>>
File: Jashi Meme Comic.jpg (71KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Jashi Meme Comic.jpg
71KB, 540x405px
>>92574196
>people kept thinking that Jashi would happen because Samurai Jack is based on Genndy's childhood fantasies of going on post-apocalyptic adventures with his crush
>Jashi does happen
>then again, what everyone casually glanced over was the fact that Genndy never actually got together with that crush who Ashi is ostensibly based on
>then the finale happens

K-k-Kino!
>>
>>92575959
He also retconned everything the viewer invested themselves in throughout 5 seasons.

I'd say that's pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>92574196
WORST.ENDING.EVER
>>
>>92575781
A lot of stories have the character's motives change as the story progresses. An ending where Jack realizes that the past cannot be changed but he can change the future would have been more meaningful than what we got.
>>
>>92575957
Jack fugs Ashi and they make 6 white children to secure their nation's future.
>>
>>92575069
It's a he
>>
JACK NEVER FOUGHT AKU

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT
>>
>>92575934
Mai Sun
>>
File: 367941.png (354KB, 1017x765px) Image search: [Google]
367941.png
354KB, 1017x765px
>>92574196
>ashi's last word were "I'm dying because you killed aku"
>Aku's name was the last thing on her lips
>they didn't even kiss during wedding
>it will forever be in Jack's memory
Aku still cucked foolish samurai in the end
>>
>>92575987
>watch a show where the whole point is getting back to the past
>guy gets back to the past
>WHY DID HE GET BACK TO THE PAST
>>
>>92576015
It would have been a severe case of Fridge Horror. Think about how much past suffering would not have been prevented.
>>
>>92575957
Retirement and a digustingly large litter of kids
>>
>futurefags: b-but its metaphorical
>jashifags: t-the romance was well written
eat shit
>>
File: 1392202969032.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1392202969032.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>92575957
Jack and Ashi marry and live happily ever after.
>>
>>92576015
>An ending where Jack realizes that the past cannot be changed but he can change the future
The worst part is that it felt like this is what they were going for the entire time, what with Jack emphasizing several times that there were no more portals, and that his past was nothing but a memory now.

And then made Ashi into Aku Lite.
>>
File: 1460651971324.jpg (31KB, 415x230px) Image search: [Google]
1460651971324.jpg
31KB, 415x230px
>>92575510
>so that all of those people wouldn't have to suffer under aku's bullshit in the future

Nearly every being we have seen in that future have either evolved from Earth's biosphere under Aku's influence or were brought to this world as refugees.

It would be like helping Americans of today by retroactively sinking every colonist ship that historically landed on America's shores.
>>
>>92574784
Where's the mecha samurai?
>when it starts punching Aku in the face
That felt satisfying
>>
>>92576078
Not even Aku Lite, considering her power MATCHED his for no explainable reason
>>
>>92576078
>The worst part is that it felt like this is what they were going for the entire time
I completely agree, but unlike you that's what I was TERRIFIED of heading into this finale. Thank you so much for not giving in, Genndy.
>>
>>92574309
It didn't give you time to be sad. That was the problem.
>>
How did Ashi know how far back to send Jack?
>>
>>92576034
>lady bug flies back to jack
>lands on his shoulder
>crawls up to his ear
>whispers
>"foolish samurai"
>>
>>92576041
>Think about how much past suffering would not have been prevented.
That's how life works. You can't undo the past.
>>
>>92575836
A majority of Season 5's problems would be fixed if the season was as long as Seasons 1-4 (13 episodes). 3 extra episodes would've given them time to flesh out:
>The romance between Jack & Ashi so it has more weight to it
>The state of the world after 50 years, not just Jack & Aku
>More scenes to show what Scotsman, Scaramouche, and the Priestess were doing
>Jack's inner search for his sword
>The final battle and resolution

I really don't have a problem with the story they told, but Genndy seemed more focused on getting those key visuals out there than giving the story beats the time they needed. They probably had to work within a budget, though, so I won't blame him entirely.
>>
File: 1494186652970.png (288KB, 699x614px) Image search: [Google]
1494186652970.png
288KB, 699x614px
If Aku can transform into anything, why didn't he just transform into subatomic particles to escape Jack?
>>
File: marriage.png (673KB, 645x642px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.png
673KB, 645x642px
Genndy is a Gurren Lagann fan

'nuff said
>>
>>92576144
lordgenome was not a bad guy
>>
With all the bullshit that finale pulled I'm starting to think either Aku killed Jack or Jack committed sodoku two episodes ago and it's all just a death hallucination.
>>
File: 1470023848702.jpg (71KB, 478x524px) Image search: [Google]
1470023848702.jpg
71KB, 478x524px
>>92574196
>the journey is finally over
Feels great to finally see some closure.
>>
>>92576144
the calarts crowd are all Gainax fags
>>
>>92576138
kek,

> goes inside jack
> aku becomes huge again
> tearing jack apart

that would be anti climactic tho
>>
>>92576144
So instead of doing something original he just ripped of a jap cartoon?
>>
>>92574196
And the moral of this story is "Waiting until marriage to fuck is stupid."
>>
>>92576144
The friends I watch Toonami with were all freaking out with me when we saw the parallels hitting.

I don't know if it'd be better if it was intentional or if he happened to make something almost identical.
>>
>>92574196
They should have gone through the portal, holding hands, then when Jack lands he immediately goes in for the kill on Aku, and theres a great fight scene.

Then he turns around, "Its finally over Ashi." No reply
"Ashi?"
She's gone, and was never there from the moment they exited the time portal. It would have that same bittersweet note, and you could have a whole episode of Jack being congratulated on his victory, but not being able to savor it.

Also, side note, Jack's dad was a bent over white haired old man by this point in the opening
>>
>>92574234
>>92574309
The setting and tone for the first 3 episodes was the best in the series. I really wish they had 13 episodes or 2 seasons to do it. Jack marauding with no sword fucking shit up with beard could have been great. Then last season you go into the Ashi plot exclusively for 8 episodes and then head towards the end and split the last episode into 2-3. That would be the best choice I think. I enjoyed all the points of this season just wish it was spread out and every elaborated on.
>>
>>92576038
Then what was the point of giving Jack something to care about in the future?
Previous seasons were more episodic, so it wasn't so important, but season 5 was all about Jack discovering how he gave everyone he met hope, how they treat him as a friend and savior, he met a woman and they fell in love with each other.

At the very end, the moment Ashi learned she has Aku's powers, she should have tell Jack that she can open a portal in time, just to have Jack look at the battlefield, at all the people who gathered there to help him, and decide he can't abandon the future. It would show all his growth. Either Ashi would still die after Aku's demise or not is up to discussion, but Jack surrounded by friends and rebuilding the world would be much more heartwarming ending.
>>
HE

DIDN'T

FIGHT

AKU
>>
File: quatrekljsdf_by_Anti_Spiral_Nia.png (452KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
quatrekljsdf_by_Anti_Spiral_Nia.png
452KB, 900x506px
>>92576144
And TTGL did it better.

>>92576154
She was Genome's daughter, but was made of Anti-Spiral stuff. Same with Ashi being the priestess' daughter, but being made of Aku stuff.
>>
>>92576119
Pretty sure there aren't random time portals lying around in real life either.
>>
>>92576199
>Jack lands he immediately goes in for the kill on Aku, and theres a great fight scene.
When Jack is sent to the future, Aku is on his last legs and was one good blow away from being defeated for good. The ENTIRE series built up to the catharsis of Jack returning to that EXACT moment and finishing the job.

I agree Ashi disappearing sooner would've made more sense, but Jack blowing Aku the fuck out right after a recreation of the first episode was the right move.
>>
If Aku killed everyone before the time bullshit, maybe this ending wouldn't be so damn retarded. I mean at least it would make sense for Jack to go to the past.
>>
>>92576206
>Then what was the point of giving Jack something to care about in the future?
To achieve the exact effect you're talking about IN THE PAST. Jack still has those memories.
>>
>>92576154
Neither was Aku.
>>
>>92576238
durrr
>>
>>92576134
I feel the same.
Though apparently Genndy was the one to ask for 10 episodes, so it's more that he fucked up in planning stages and thought that would be enough than having to work with what the channel gave him.
Channel gave him what he asked for, but he asked for too little.
>>
>>92576226
Wha, sorry, I overstated great fight scene, I just meant what was in the show, that was fine.
>>
>>92575399
Ghost trick comes to mind.
>>
Anyone else think that it might been easier to accept the ending if genndy went a step further and EVERYONE besides jack and ashi died in the arrow rain? It makes leaving the future easier.
>>
>Erased the entire future timeline
This should have been the bittersweet moment. People like the Scotsman will likely never exist because of what Jack did but he never gives a fuck and instead can't wait to fuck his disappearing waifu.
>>
>>92576231
THIS. Jack's final realization is that memories are not a bad thing. People gone from his life aren't scars in his mind, they're precious and cannot be taken from him, no matter what.
>>
>>92576261
That would have felt kind of cheap too killing everyone at the last minute. No matter how you cut it, they just needed more episodes to tell the story well.
>>
>>92575399
A well written closed loop is good and paradox free.
>>
It was great until the time travelling part

>Ashi you've got Aku's powers
lol ok, I can let you get away with that but

>They match Aku's own powers
This makes no sense

>The final battle with Aku is dull
>Just a lame explosion
>Lol u killed Aku so I'm gonna die a few weeks later at our wedding

Other than that it was acceptable, but I'd have prefered a non-time travel ending where Jack destroys Aku and realises that he doesn't need to go to the past in order to save the future, because he has already done it.
>>
>>92576110
>Jack is sad and alone drinking in a tavern
>Hears AHAHAHAHAHA
>PTSD triggers
>>
>>92576110
underrated
>>
>>92576282
Yeah. Despite the fact that she show's pace sped up exponentially towards the end, the thing the ending was was solid. Its just, it would have had more emotional umph if it had had more time to breathe. Its kind of funny though, the day after Jack is concluded Twin Peaks starts
>>
>>92576212
It still doesn't make sense. Nia was literally anti-spiral energy in form of a human, so it's okay. But wasn't Aku just Ashi's father? He didn't create her from nothing, he gave his seed to her mother. You don't die just because your father dies. Even if she she was half-aku half-human, shouldn't her human half remain? Especially since it was stronger than Aku part coz she managed to subdue it in the end
>>
>>92576315
>muh metaphor
eat shit futurefag
>>
>>92576345
Her mother only birthed her and her sisters for the sole purpose of serving Aku.

Without Aku, there's no reason for them to exist.
>>
>>92576229
Well he killed most of them at least. They showed the cientist inside the robo-samurai and the sea people on the birds getting killed, but I don't think there's a reason to think anyone ouside of the Scotsman barrier to not have met the same fate.
Most if not all of the ravers and archers were also killed off by that point.
>>
>>92576355
>Go to the past
>Kill Aku
>Future doesn't change he just created a new timeline
This is what a proper time travel ending would've been, and you know it's shit
That's why we got a "muh power of love" turd
>>
>>92576184
basically yes. I was actually enjoying the finale, then Ashi had to go and directly rip off Nia.
>>
>>92576375
jashifags are still butthurt i guess
>>
>>92576315
>he doesn't need to go to the past in order to save the future, because he has already done it.
And leave his family and friends to be tortured by Aku for thousand years?
There were no good endings to this mess desu senpai. Maybe only 2 parallel time lines with Jack killing Aku in both of them
>>
>>92576315
he doesn't want to save the future. he wants to go home
>>
File: LittleKingJohn.png (163KB, 413x451px) Image search: [Google]
LittleKingJohn.png
163KB, 413x451px
>>92576315
>Ashi you've got Aku's powers
>They match Aku's own powers

This part right here felt like a train going off its rails.

At this point every other character, spectral Scotsman included, ceased to be present even as a background.

Whole thing really felt like Genndy at this point was galloping towards any form of conclusion.
>>
>>92576386
>This is what a proper time travel ending would've been
thats even worse than what we got
>>
Wait who was that shadow in the bushes that talked to Ashi?
>>
>>92576085

American colonists = Aku's goons

You know it's true.
>>
>>92576397
>And leave his family and friends to be tortured by Aku for thousand years?
They were already tortured and dead as fuck, there was nothing he could do, time travelling doesn't work like that

>>92576398
He just missed his family

>>92576424
But it's how actual time travel works
>>
>>92576138
Aku is the ultimate evil, not the ultimate sage
>>
File: Aku Fades Away.jpg (242KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Aku Fades Away.jpg
242KB, 1600x800px
Time for feels.
>>
>>92576417
It deserved to an hour. AS making shitty decisions as usual.
>>
>>92576463
Rest in peace brave warrior.
>>
>>92576444
>But it's how actual time travel works
not in this series
in this series there's just 1 timeline
>>
>>92576363
That's time paradox bullshit. I could accept "she died because she was literally part of Aku" but not "she wasn't born". If she wasn't born she wouldn't teleport Jack and the whole Aku killing wouldn't happen
>>
The ending makes no sense theme wise.
1. The entire series except for the first 3 of this season were happy and lighthearted. Even episode 9 has aku being hilarious. A bittersweet ending sticks out way too much.
2. The entire season 5 was shaped like a "hero learns to leave past behind and his failures and start fighting for the future". The entire fucking season.
>But muh intro
Yeah, no intro or pilot ever got reversed by a plot twist, right?
>>
File: IMG_7022.jpg (183KB, 1242x1238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7022.jpg
183KB, 1242x1238px
>They tried for the Gurren Lagann ending
>>
File: IMG_2741.jpg (25KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2741.jpg
25KB, 218x290px
>>92574627
As oposed to the real ones?
>>
>>92576444
>They were already tortured and dead as fuck
Emm what? They seemed pretty alive and non-tortured at the wedding. By jumping back he erased their torture future
>>
>>92574196
The ending was complete shit.

If Ashi never existed then how did Jack get to the past to kill Past Aku to make Ashi never exist which mean the future doenst exist so Future Jack doesnt ever go back to past........

Gennedy is a hack confirmed.
>>
>>92576345
>>92576363
She was born in the future that is Aku, with the requirement that Aku controls Earth for thousands of years before he gives the Priestess his seed.

Jack killing Aku in the past literally stops Ashi from happening.
>>
>>92576444
>But it's how actual time travel works
Except it's not. You know people can come up with whatever rule they want for time travel in fiction right?
Have you legit never seen anything that didn't use multiple universes.

If you want to talk about how "actual" time travel works, it's not even possible to travel into the past. Time only goes in one direction and the closest you can get to travel to the future is being fast enough to screw with relativity.
>>
File: le_sad_merchant.png (70KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
le_sad_merchant.png
70KB, 350x200px
>>92576463

This feels like a thousand of individual Shoahs were crawling through my veins.
>>
>>92574196
no it wasn't
>>
File: Scaramouche And Aku Dance.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Scaramouche And Aku Dance.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>92576463
>>92576470
https://twitter.com/AkuOfficialAcct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU

I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULDN'T CRY.
>>
>>92576509
>>92576514
>Time only goes one way
Then Jack going to the past is just not possible
Therefore the ending is stupid, even with your logic
>>
File: 1494430444478.png (288KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494430444478.png
288KB, 623x527px
>>92576110
Even if I'd love for this to happen I don't think it would work, it just implies his endless struggule.
You're probably just joking, forgive me I'm autistic.
>>
File: General_Specific-Private_Public.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
General_Specific-Private_Public.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>92576511

This is what including time travel into your storylines comes with.

It makes for infinite plotholes.
>>
That ending had no emotion to it. Ashi being actually Aku's daughter was lame. Would have been cool to see a bored Aku just give in and let Jack travel back to the past.
>>
how about this:

the scene is after Ashi vanishes and Jack is wandering the countryside:
- he sits down and deeply meditates, eventually going before the 3 gods that gave him back the sword in an earlier episode
- he pleads his case to allow Ashi to live, noting her being instrumental in Aku's defeat
- the 3 gods look and each other and nod in agreement, then bow their heads to Jack
- there is a brilliant flash of light and when Jack opens his eyes, he is back in the countryside, and Ashi is sitting next to him, looking at him smiling and holding his hand
>>
File: 1211480613164.png (3MB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1211480613164.png
3MB, 994x1528px
>>They didn't do the ending you really wanted because the comic already did it
>>
Which are the 10-15 most important episodes to watch before seeing season 5?
Obvious ones:
The Beginning
The Birth of Evil 1&2
Jack and the Scotsman
Jack and the Travelling Creatures
>>
>>92576586
You're worse at this than Genndy.
>>
Can someone explain how time travel works in the afterlife?

Like if you die and your soul is in the afterlife does that means you will be warped back your body is someone undos your death?
>>
>>92576381
The thing is as long as there were multiple guys left, the time jump would still be retarded.

I mean they had to make Jack a fucking simpleton just so 'mah bittersweet ending' could happen.
>>
>>92576553
>reading comprehension
>>
>>92576586
no happy endings allowed
>>
>>92576553
I think everyone agree it's retarded as fuck
>>
>>92576619
>Can someone explain how time travel works in the afterlife?
Fucking hell lads. Time travel isn't real and works however the fuck the writer wants it to.
>>
>>92576463
Best villain hands down. RIP Shogun of Sorrow.
>>
>>92576613
I'd argue see every single episode that was referenced or had characters from it show up.
Anything dealing with Jack and Aku's pasts as well.
>>
>>92576670
I'm putting together a list for a friend who hasn't seen the show in a decade and I don't want to overwhelm them. When I tried I came up with like 22 episodes.
>>
>>92576629
Even if Aku killed everyone in the battlefield, there's still people in the world, so if that's what's bothering you, even if they did kill everyone Jack going back still wouldn't satisfy you.
>>
>>92576280

This, how much damage did jack just do by erasing the entire future
>>
>>92576689
22 episodes isn't that many, does this faggot wants to watch the show or not?
>>
>>92576649
Time travel to the future is very possible anon, all you need to do is sit in an enclosed space of dilated time then walk out after a few seconds and BAM you are 300 years into the future from that spot you were in.

Time travel to the past however seems only possible for subatomic particles wait wut.
>>
>>92576619
Its not like the rules are set on stone, but in my visions, unless strongly implied people are fated to be born (instead of births being random like in real life), souls dont exist before birth. All souls in the future got erased to make place for the souls of the people who will be born in the new timeline.

It sucks.
>>
>>92574491
It would NOT save the same purpose that way.

Ashi disapearing shows us that all of Jacks other friends never existed either ;^)
>>
>>92576280
My one real disappointment with this episode. There should have been some acknowledgement of Jack's friends being gone with the undone future, not just of Ashi.
>>
Does the concept of time even apply to the afterlife?

Why would God want someone to be able to undo the things he set?

If time doesnt exist in the afterlife does that means everyone who dies ends up there at the same time despite the vast physical temporal gap.

Like a dude from 3000 B.C and 2008 A.D end up in heaven at the same time meaning everyone who will die will pop there are the same time right?

How does reincarnation fit into this as well?

Did Jack reality warp the Gods of the Future as well when he undo Aku's Future?
>>
>>92576661
I'm so dissapointed he didn't get to say some cool shit while he died. Like admiting he found a worthy opponent or in general complimenting Samurai, or some snarky thing not just a "No, wait" or whatever not memorable thing he said. It was so dull.
>>
>>92574682
>they have a wedding night
>ashi strips down
>jack strips down
>jack just about to sheathe his katana for the first time in 50 years
>suddenly ashi disappears
A much more bittersweet ending than we got
>>
File: 378.jpg (39KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
378.jpg
39KB, 500x309px
>>92576110
>>
>>92576759
>what are time loops
If anything the whole show was bittersweet. Those people whom he saved were pushing him to undo the future, There didn't need to be any acknowledgment because they all accepted it. Not every little detail needs an explanation that's what subtlety is for and you clearly don't understand it
>>
>>92576716
It's almost 12 hours including season 5 and I don't want to waste their time with below-average episodes like Jack Under the Sea or The Woolies and the Chritchellites.
>>
>>92574784
>removing Rick and Morty
Sticking your head in the sand doesn't mean it didnt happen.
>>
>>92576778
The samurai jack gods dont seen omnipotent creators, but rather fitting the "just really strong aliens" idea.

The lava monster ended up in valhalla. Im not sure if it implies eternal souls or not. I think it dont.
>>
Never been so disappointed before.

Shit just went downhill when Ashi went on a trip down character throwback lane. After that every episode felt rushed and the general tonal shift took a massive U turn. Like it started off with a mature theme, Jack has aged like the people who watched it but it didn't last very long.
>>
>>92576696
Yeah that's the true but you can't have a special attachment to people you never meant. I mean they were his closest friends and fan favorites while he didn't even hesitate in killing Aku.

Of course any one would be pissed when someone you appreciate is deleted without a simple goodbye.
>>
>>92575225
>and Jack should have aged 50 years and passed as a result.

Jack returned to his native timeline, so why would it age him up?
>>
File: 1489447026443.png (707KB, 1108x1010px) Image search: [Google]
1489447026443.png
707KB, 1108x1010px
>>92576782
Why would Aku EVER do that? The entire story is built on him being a huge coward and sending Jack into the future.

His reaction of "You're back already?" when it's been 50+ years for Jack and 15+ years in real life was perfect, IMO.
>>
>>92575836
Absolutely not. The pacing of that episode was dogshit, and it made the scene where Ashi shot a time portal that much worse.
>>
>>92576804
I understand the people fighting with Jack were fighting yo undo the future fully knowing they would be undone as well.

However still would have liked some subtle nod from Jack in the end about he being sad about his companions as well, not being perfectly happy with everything until his waifu disappears.
There was nothing alluding to that.
>>
>>92575283

This, the worst character ever made. Only to die in the end
>>
>>92575459
>Hey, Ashi! You randomly have all of Aku's powers
How was it random?
>>
>>92575225
Except his age wouldn't have caught up. He STOPPED aging when the time portals were destroyed. As soon as he went back to his own time he would just continue to age as normal.
>>
>Aku can chase Jack through a time portal in the episode where he loses his sword
>Doesnt do it in the final episode
This was fast paced "lets get it over with" bullshit.
>>
Does anyone have the 1080p mega?
>>
Ashi deserved better.

;_;7
>>
>>92576110
OK, that honestly would have saved the episode, and made the terrible pacing worth it.
>>
>>92576950
That was a stationary portal. It was open in general. Ashi built a portal around her and Jack that immediately sent them to the past before Aku had time to react.

There's things to complain about that actually are problems, don't make up more that aren't.
>>
File: winner is.gif (701KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
winner is.gif
701KB, 375x304px
>>92576110
>>92576316
Shit that would've been amazing.
>>
i feel empty
>>
>>92576936
He stopped aging because of the first time travel, not because the portals were destroyed. Time travel having phisiology altering effects is a common trope.
>>
>Ashi

More like

>A shit

Amirite guise?
>>
Ashi using time portal is asspull.
>>
>>92576782
He was such a great villain in every regard right down to mastering cuckery. There will never be anyone like him again but at least he made this shit last season bearable.
>>
>>92574196
>Jack gets back to the past
>Ashifags BTFO
I just feel said that Scotsman probably got erased
>>
>>92576915
The ladybug did. In the moment he thought of it all especially Ashi and realized it was ok, not perfect for him but Jack isn't any modicum of selfish and we got that small smile to allude to it.

I can see where you're coming from though and I understand the gripes and criticisms. I didn't think about how it would all end and enjoyed the ride however there was enough left unsaid that would have been nice to know.
>>
>>92576935
Not him, but now that I think about it, why wouldn't Ashi's mother know that Ashi would have Aku's powers, and train her to use those powers? And why wouldn't she say that Aku was her dad? And why wouldn't she just skip the ninja bullshit and just teach her to laser beam Jack in the face?
>>
>>92576950
Try watching the fucking episode. The portal close before Aku's hand reached it.
>>
>>92576181
there were always a million ways he could fuck up jack, it's just the rule of all godlike evil beings that they have to have shit tier creativity and problem solving skills so the hero can have some sort of advantage over them
>>
>>92577042
It was Aku that infused her with those powers in the previous episode.
>>
>>92576759
Yeah, I wish there was a final hand-wave or salute to the Scotsman at the very least.
>>
>>92577042
Aku's powers were only awakened by Aku. The only hole in your post that has merit is her not knowing Aku is her father.
>>
>>92577042
How the fuck would she do that if she can't do those things herself?
>>
>>92576613
Jack and the Traveling Creatures was retconned like shit so you can scratch that out.
>>
>>92576206
>but season 5 was all about Jack discovering how he gave everyone he met hope, how they treat him as a friend and savior, he met a woman and they fell in love with each other.

And how they were all willing to sacrifice everything for Jack to achieve his goals. You saw how bad Aku fucked up everyone besides the spartans and the daughters.
>>
>>92577069
That still leaves at least one question unanswered, why would her mother not tell her about Aku being kind of her dad?
>>
>>92574309
Ashi's death should've been "My life is connected to Aku" or something. Could explain her slowly dying when Aku's gone.

That, or Aku can't truly die without her gone, she's part of him.
>>
>>92576975
>Before Aku had time to react
He watched them do it like 10 feet in front of him. The whole "You Have Aku's powers" exchange was like 3 seconds, and Aku could have jumped them in that time easily. He could have chased after them into the portal or even shot his own fucking portal. For him to sit there and just go "Oh No" is bad writing and totally out of character.
>>92577052
Aku stood there and said "Oh No" and watched it close. Also lets not sit here and imply Aku isnt fast enough to chase after them into a portal or smart enough to shoot his own.

It was terrible writing which totally ignores the fact that Aku both has dealt with Jack getting into a portal and has the ability to shoot his own portals.
>>
>>92577077
>The portal light surround Ash and Jack
>In a split-screen slow scene, Jack's confusion turns into surprise as he realizes what's gonna happen, while the Scotsman's ghost smiles and nods
>they fall through the portal and the rest of the episode proceeds as it did.
>>
>>92577080

Ok. I guess I confused her being awakened with her just being controlled by Aku. I mean if she has some super strength before being controlled by Aku, I just assumed she might've been able to get more powers by herself, whatever

>>92577078

Don't be a dick
>>
>>92577124
I dont think any of the characters stopped to think the real implications of jack undoing the future. It is not even death, it is being erased. Jack probably dont think on the subject too, to him ashi is just dead, not undone.
>>
>>92577124
Don't bother

These fags are going to keep staying mad because their head cannon didn't come true. Guaranteed the pacing was godawful, Iam just glad Jack finally got home so we can wrap this hsit up.
>>
>>92577235
>Aku stood there and said "Oh No" and watched it close
You got the order wrong. The portal closes, Aku's hand slams the ground. Only them he goes "oh no".

>Also lets not sit here and imply Aku isnt fast enough to chase after them into a portal or smart enough to shoot his own.
True, that is a valid criticism.
>>
>>92576992

She wasn't bad by herself but it was fucking obnoxious how hard they were trying to put her front and center.
>>
Horrible ending I would rather it end at episode 9 instead of shit piece of shit.
>>
>>92577250
He also could have realized the implications only after Ashi disappeared. After all, if she can't exist without Aku, neither can the future he once knew.
>>
>>92577235
>Also lets not sit here and imply Aku isnt fast enough to chase after them into a portal or smart enough to shoot his own.

That would have created one fuckhuge paradox, so Aku might have not been able to in the first place.
>>
>>92574196
My only real problems with the ending were
Aku's death being really fast, and Ashi's time paradox shit.
>>
>>92576019
are you assuming its gender?
>>
File: Time Portals vs Samurai Quack.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Time Portals vs Samurai Quack.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>92574196
I liked the fact that Ashi was the one that sent Jack back to the past.

You might ask yourself, well, why did he give up all those other chances to return to the past to save so-and-so if he was just going to go back in the end anyway and undo the peril at hand and all those involved? And the answer was, as Samurai Quack jested, doing so would have made Jack look like a jerk. For the younger viewers, it would make him seem heroic, for the older ones, they'd have the nagging understanding that Jack was going to erase all these colorful characters and settings they'd grown attached to.

Ashi deciding, unprompted, to send Jack to the past to defeat Aku is thus made poignant because she's someone from the future that will be erased if he does succeed. It's both a reward to the Samurai for all the good that he'd done and a sign of approval from the denizens of this dystopic tomorrow; they're fine with this oblivion so that a potentially better world can come about.

It's not perfect; it's not a very democratic tactic for Ashi to employ as we're not given a moment for the assembled resistance to likewise tell Jack that they're fine with how his victory may erase them all (Scotsman assuring him that he and his daughters are too tough NOT to occur would have been swell) or a moment where the dark future fades into a bright one ala Justice League's Hereafter. Old hat, I know, but Samurai Jack has always been about the charm of anachronisms and tweaked cliches.

But you have to give the writers props for finding a meaningful way to circumvent that conundrum of getting Jack to the past without making him look like a reality-wrecking putz.
>>
>>92577332
Jack always curbstomps Aku easily though.
And the past Aku was already near death, only the final blow was needed. That's why he threw Jack into the future, it was out of desperation.
>>
>the token love interest dies
>this gets like 5 minutes

>the scotsman gets erased from existence
>this is not even acknowledged
Gendy is a hack.
>>
>>92577276
Youre right about the order, but its still some bullshit. He was literally standing right in front of them.
He watches Ashi grab the sword, shoot a time portal and fly away. It makes zero sense for Ashi to be moving faster than Aku with HIS shapeshifting powers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WseragB1Ghw

This whole scene is just cringeworthy.
>>
>>92577381
Underrated post of the day.
>>
>>92577332
>Aku's death being really fast

What did you expected, though? Jack has already fight him like 10 times in the series, not to mentioned Aku was already defeated when Jack traveled to the past
>>
>>92577391
I'm not upset that killing Aku was easy, but Jack just chased him around while Aku said nothing. I was expecting some dialogue rather than "YOU'RE BACK?"

Oh well, maybe Aku not going out with a bang was the right move.
>>
>>92577094
If you don't watch it it'll leave you confused about the references in episode 9 though, especially Jack's statement.
>>
>>92577144
She probably did call them daughters of Aku or something, but with Aku being a god figure would you take that literally and consider the possible implications?
>>
What would Mako think of this ending?
>>
>>92576782
Aku is just a rat. He died scurrying, as he should.
>>
>>92577144
Seriously? They were literally called daughters of aku.
>>
>>92577449
From Aku's perspective, the Samurai he just sent to the future came back a second later and started wailing on him. It was no time for jest, just to try escaping as fast as he could.
>>
File: ay.jpg (147KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ay.jpg
147KB, 640x360px
>>92577239
There you go.
>>
>>92575355

At least Genndy was smart enough to steal from Gurren Lagann. That idiot Casey Hudson couldn't even do that right.
>>
File: Farewell Ashi.jpg (101KB, 658x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Farewell Ashi.jpg
101KB, 658x1080px
>>92577478
He'd find it amusing that the only reason Ashi was able to UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU was because he himself unlocked her demonic powers.
>>
>>92577478
I don't know Mako how Mako would take it, honestly. I feel like the did Aku's character a disservice by not giving him a nice final battle with Jack, but I feel like Mako personally would have been cool with it and thought it was hilarious that the show had all this build up and just decided to end with asspulls.
>>
>>92577476
> but with Aku being a god figure would you take that literally and consider the possible implications?

Why not? I'm not even bothered by this, but if Jack knew what Ashi was before the ending of episode 9, it could've added something interesting to their dynamic, and even the romance. Instead, it's a failed "reveal" that most people either called or were like "wait, she's LITERALLY the daughter of Aku?"
>>
>>92576184
Time paradox endings/plot points aren't exclusive to Gurren Laggann.
>>
File: samurai01.jpg (155KB, 1024x1131px) Image search: [Google]
samurai01.jpg
155KB, 1024x1131px
>>92574196
You know?
They could be leaving it open for season 6.
Like. somehow, despite Aku's death, Ashi comes back to life in the deep future and Jack goes to the future to raise baby Ashi to become a good girl...
...only to then have Ashi become the new Aku and is super evil like him.
>>
>>92577523
Then why was it treated like a fucking reveal in episode 9??
>>
Are you fucking retarded? What sort of shit taste do you have to possess to think that this finale was anything other than a massive failure?

Please, tell me what I'm missing:

What made this rushed, forced ending good?
>>
>>92577499
>Aku is just a rat
No.
>>
>>92577631
>season 6
kek
>>
>>92574196
what if ashi was using the last remanents of aku´s powers to stay with jack for a little longer
also the timeline thing, it appears to be the same as back to the future, remember the whole biff tannen almanac thing
>>
>>92577546
Aku inevitably played himself. It was such a fitting end for him
>>
>>92577648
Because Gennedy cant write, and its a good thing all of his shows never get proper endings. Symbonic Titan should be kept in the grave if this is the kind of ending we'd have to look forward to.
>>
>>92577381

This lad gets it.

Also its implied that Jack lets go of his past to look forward to the future. The ladybug represents all he lived in the future (now his past, including Ashi of course) and instead of keeping or adoring it he lets it go away with a wide smile. Letting it go as he leaves the viewer behind to look forward to a brighter future (the last scene).
>>
>>92577649
Jack finally returned to the past and saved the whole world.
>>
>>92577713
That doesn't fucking matter if everything surrounding those events sucked ass.

Seriously, what the fuck?
>completely uninvolved with the battle against Aku
>uses muh power of love to free Ashi
>ASHI THROWS OPEN A FUCKING TIME PORTAL WITHIN 2 SECONDS OF DISCOVERING HER POWERS

It was so

SO

FUCKING BAD
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-21-10h40m23s449.png (640KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-21-10h40m23s449.png
640KB, 1280x738px
>>92577711
Pic related
>>
>>92577619
They were a cult. It's like going to church and when priest starts talking about everyone gathered being god's children you would go "holy shit I'm god's son? what are my powers?"

I don't think revealing that early would change anything.
>>
File: 4673898934.gif (994KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
4673898934.gif
994KB, 257x194px
>>92577381
>but Samurai Jack has always been about the charm of anachronisms and tweaked cliches.
>But you have to give the writers props for finding a meaningful way to circumvent that conundrum of getting Jack to the past without making him look like a reality-wrecking putz.
>>
File: dfsf.png (366KB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
dfsf.png
366KB, 700x376px
Can anyone tell me why my attempts to make a thread to discuss this moment keep getting deleted?
>>
>>92577738

hard to do a lot when you're trying to get the one thing that will actually kill him while being chased by a possessed half-demon.
>>
>>92577788
LONG AGO
>>
>>92577796
It's a lot less satisfying from a narrative standpoint. The story's structure basically demands a final throwdown
>>
>>92577805
IN A DISTANT LAND
>>
>>92574234
>ripping off Gurren Lagann
Was Genndy a hack all along?
>>
>>92577805
This shit was fucking hype.

I love seeing /co/ predictions come true.
>>
>>92577788
Why the fuck did they have the new intro play at the start and then this one a little bit later? Why not just have a cold opening that goes into this?
>>
>>92577815
also hard to do when you only have 10 episodes to set everything up and end the series
>>
>>92574693
>no time portal for jack to go back to the past
except for literally every single one aku would have destroyed
>>
>>92577885
Not at all. Devote two episodes at the end to the final battle. Delete Ashi from the story.

Everything gets better.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-05-21-09h46m21s382.png (225KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-21-09h46m21s382.png
225KB, 720x542px
>>92577738

The whole time he is trying to get to his sword, the only thing that can do a thing against him (pic related)

>uses muh power of love to free Ashi
The power of love and friendship to defeat an Aku possessing your body was canon before

>ASHI THROWS OPEN A FUCKING TIME PORTAL WITHIN 2 SECONDS OF DISCOVERING HER POWERS
>>92577381
>>
>>92577762
>not asking what your powers are in Church
>not realizing that they literally explain what your powers are in Genesis
Revealing that early would have made the plot more interesting
>>
>>92574196
Yes, yes it was.

Could have been nice with we had a extra scene with Jack having Ashi's reincarnation as a daughter.
>>
>>92577762
That's a false equivalence, because at least in Samurai Jack we know that Aku exists.

Honestly I thought it would play out like I thought the season was going to play out, with Aku being in hiding or something for so long that he becomes mythic and is doubted to exist, and the daughters of Aku are just fanatics. But no one really doubts Aku exists, and Aku comes to their ritual.

I've watched the season, so I'm tired of people on here acting like they knew that Ashi was literally Aku's daughter the whole time. I get that they were called the daughters of Aku, but again, I just thought they were some fanatic cult that wanted to kill Jack to please Aku, who was in hiding for so long he basically became a mythic storybook demon of sorts.
>>
>>92577461
Does a meaningless reference really manner especially after this colossal travesty? Only a great fight is what your gonna get with the episode only for disappointment in the future.
>>
>>92577968
>Jack having Ashi's reincarnation as a daughter.
So he could fuck her later?
I like the way you think
>>
>>92577968
>Could have been nice with we had a extra scene with Jack having Ashi's reincarnation as a daughter.
You sound like the kind of person who might be interested in a manga called Usagi Drop.
>>
If going through a portal makes you a time aberration, Ashi should have survived.

That being said, the shoes needed 3 more episodes. One to explain what actually happened to the Guardian, one to extend the final battle, and another for the epilogue.
>>
>>92577986
They literally had a satanic ritual type birth shown in the first episode in front of an altar of Aku. I always thought she was literally Aku's daughter.

In fact the only thing that surprised me was that Aku did not actually have sex, and instead dropped some of his essence into a bowl. I thought he would have gotten bored during the 50 year span and built a harem or something. Since he's the fucking dark emperor of a world drowned in sin, it would be more surprising if they were not his actual daughters.
>>
File: 1486796500842.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486796500842.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>92574196

>ladybugs represent messages between lovers in japan
>aku was originally a tree
>ashi, daughter of aku could be the tree in the last scene
>jack accepts what happened and realizes he really did save the world
>what ashi wouldve wanted

bitter yeah, rushed yeah, but I'm content with the ending. Last few seconds had my misty-eyed desu senpai
>>
>>92578032
>tfw I unironically liked that ending
>>
>>92576425
BRAVO GENNDY
>>
The ending could've been easily fixed for me if they did an epilogue like some other anon said once
Jack goes back, kills/seals Aku, Ashi dies, the same
Then we go a bunch of years into the future, show the Scotsman, the dogs, woolies, robots, some antagonists too who are alive now... as much of them as possible all living happy lives on a future without Aku, not knowing it was all thanks to Jack, who still unable to die has become sort of a legend defending people from whatever evil there may be from the shadows
or something cheesy like that, if you're gonna go cheese you should go full cheese
>>
>>92577788
do you know how many god damn threads there are at the moment?
>>
>>92578279
not enough
>>
>>92578085
>One to explain what actually happened to the Guardian
Aku killed him and destroyed his time portal, what's there to explain?
>>
>>92574784
god do i hate these things
>>
>>92577942
You didn't protect it from being shit storytelling. Just because it happened in a certain way doesn't necessitate it being good.

Have you read a book in your life? Ever sat down and thought about what makes a narrative good?

The first few episodes of the season were incredible. They set this brooding, melancholic tone surrounding a stoic wanderer who's lost his way.

Then the series does this retarded 180 into a bad romance subplot that blots out the remainder of the story.

It was shit.
>>
File: oh....jpg (7KB, 213x180px) Image search: [Google]
oh....jpg
7KB, 213x180px
>>92578149
Least what you said made me feel a bit better about this. Still just a bit bummed out though.
>>
>>92576110
Only if they used an old sound bit of Mako saying it.
>>
>>92576144
I want to watch Gurren Lagann, should I watch the whole anime series or just do the movies that apparently tell the same story but cut out the filler?
>>
>>92574196
Here's how it could've been much better, possibly perfection.
>>
Why 10

Why not 12 or 13

Why ttgl. Welp. He deserved a happy ending.

No good deed goes unpunished
>>
>>92578572
Watch the movies. The show was solid, but what made it fun was watching it live with everyone else here on 4chan in 07.
If you really enjoyed the movies, double back and watch the show since you might enjoy the extra content.
>>
File: Blos.png (49KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Blos.png
49KB, 500x377px
>>92578586
Interesting...
Not saying the cannon ending was garbo but this is a lot better imo.
>>
>>92578572
I think both are good. You can start with series and if you think it's too slow or something watch movies. Though I don't remember there being many fillers, 2-3 eps max and even they had some major stuff like Rossuie's village that got skipped in movies
>>
>>92574516
I've been saying this for weeks now, but I'll say it again. Samurai Jack's original run is highly inconsistent in quality. I don't think the first three episodes of season 5 are completely different from the best that the first four seasons had to offer, but they are Samurai Jack as you remember it rather than Samurai Jack as it was.

The rest of the season 5 episodes are the latter, only the crop of episodes is a less eclectic bag of nice set pieces since they have to tell one continuous story. Even the episode that could have had a fun Alien motif going for it was just a Scooby-Doo monster chase. It feels so bizarre that the first three, almost four, episodes tell this perfectly paced little arc that ends in Ashi deciding to not kill Jack, but the rest is a rushed mess. Four didn't quite stick the landing with the contrived lady bug flashback that should have been placed in episode 1, or the start of episode 4 at the very least.

Art direction is still as good as ever though.
>>
>>92578703
The canon ending was garbo tier honestly.
>>
>>92578586
>possibly perfection
>never shows him going back in time

No.
>>
>>92574196
It was played too safe.
>>
>>92578900
Story of my life
>>
File: 1336431517499.jpg (29KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1336431517499.jpg
29KB, 291x317px
>>92574516

>The best part of the show is the part with strong pacing and lays the foundation of the season's message of regaining hope that you've lost

You can cry grimdark all you want, but that was the entire point. It set up an arc of Jack returning to his former glory and finding his way back to the past on his own merit or making a future worth living in by destroying Aku in the future once and for all.

Nobody was expecting the second half of the season to take a detour to focus on Ashi and her falling in love with Jack and her being the one to snap him out of his funk when she was a literally who two episodes prior.

Shit got moving way too fast and never slowed down. Parts of the original got retconned because they stopped the writers from telling the generic ass love story they wanted to tell and kept the focus split evenly between an iconic character that people waited over a decade to see in action again and some bitch he met last week.
>>
>>92578888
Everyone agrees that the past is the least interesting part about Samurai Jack, his quest to going back to it is the real meat of the show. It's better strongly implied that he successfully went back to the past instead of showing him defeat Aku twice.
>>
>>92578951
>Shit got moving way too fast and never slowed down.

This. The original seasons had a sense of urgency balanced with a sense of pacing. The finale had nothing of the sort past the first three. Once Ashi's introduced the treadmill's upped from around 3.5 to 10. It just never stops. Shit keeps getting thrown into the plot then taken out minutes later. The final epic battle of Jack vs. Aku takes all of 8 minutes to resolve, and over half of that is just Aku's minions vs Jack's minions. Within a few minutes Ashi's evil, then not, then Jack's back in the past, then Aku's dead. Fucking 16 years and 5 seasons of pacing and buildup fully resolved in around 3 minutes, 4 if you're pushing it.
>>
>>92578586
Instead of the shitty Jackathon, add another episode more as epilogue in the past. Jack returns to the moment he was sent back and strikes the final blow, he releases the emperor, they wait for the empress to arrive back to the city, reunites with his childhood love, gets crowned emperor, and we see the death of his father or Jack on his deathbed for the bittersweet moment.
>>
Anyone have this last scene in better quality?
>>
It was great all the way through.

fuck the contrarians
>>
>>92579057
Genndy pls go
>>
>>92578572
Watch the series, the movies are more geared towards people who already watched it and don't want to rewatch the whole thing.
As with many compilation movies pacing is all over the place, you don't get as attached to characters and so on. The first movie also has almost no new scenes, the second one does have a lot of original content worth checking out, but still the series is the best first experience.
>>
>>92579057
This.
>>
>>92574690
nearly every complaint I see about the show is "pacing" but I didn't see any problem with it, can't be balls to the wall action every second there's gotta be some downtime. felt more like classic jack in that regard anyways
>>
>>92579057
people are lucky they even got a sequel, let alone one thats actually as good as this
not saying its removed from criticism, but people need to take into account that this show was a dead childrens for 13 years and attempted to come back with a major tonal and narrative shift
>>
I didn't mind ashi but I guess /co/ was right. She's the reason the last 3 episodes blew.

I guess the reason why I'm disspointted is that it seemed like the first half of the season was setting up a theme of moving on. All the past people coming to help jack just because of how good of a guy he was, him selflessly throwing away going to the past multiple times just to help people was all rendered moot.
>>
>going back and watching those first three episodes
>thinking now about what could have been if it kept that level of quality

i want to die that we were left with such a shit show lads
>>
>>92578141
>They literally had a satanic ritual type birth shown in the first episode in front of an altar of Aku. I always thought she was literally Aku's daughter.

Not every satanic ritual ends up like Rosemary's Baby, anon.
>>
>>92579109
>can't be balls to the wall action every second there's gotta be some downtime

Except there is no downtime, that's the exact problem. The show starts mad sprinting through everything and refuses to slow down.
>>
I just wish Jack dealt with Aku in the future and bid his comrades farewell before going to the past.
>>
>>92579109
>can't be balls to the wall action every second there's gotta be some downtime.
You dumbass, you don't even know what people mean by pacing. Everything goes on WAY TOO FUCKING FAST. This is most evident in the episode where Jack knocks out the blue children, everything is packed with action, one second later IT'S TIME, and everything is grimdark again.

I admit, i liked that bit precisely because of how striking it is, but this is not the only moment, the rest of the series is full of snap changes in direction every minute.
>>
>>92574491
It should have been that they get marrried, then she disappears on the alter like >>92574682
said, but no one is sad because everyone already knew it was going to happen, just like the audience. Jack then goes to the cherry blossom and stands there as the music plays, he's smiling and the lady bug scene still happens, but he doesn't let it fly away. Then WACHA and credits

bam, wheres my paycheck?
>>
>>92579181
but like half the show was just jack chilling or comedy relief
>>
also ashi should have died and jack should have taken the scottman up on his offer.
>>
I liked all of it, but Ashi's death was so ridiculous that it kind of ruined the season at the last moment.
It was like Wily Coyote running out over a cliff and not falling until he looks down, like the laws of spacetime just didn't apply to her until she realized they should.

Also reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide bit about god, which made it feel really, really humorous instead of sad.

>"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
>"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves that You exist, and so therefore, by Your own arguments, You don't. QED"
>"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
>>
File: 1462500567042.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462500567042.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IllSfxDXNvg

Ahh Thank you Gendy
>>
>>92577631
>season 6
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92574693
He didn't age, so technically his form was stuck from the point he was flung into the future. He may slowly forget everything about his quest as he re settles into his timeline.
>>
>>92578279
There are 0 about the original opening.
>>
Someone called it, that Ashi was going to get AKu's powers and be the only thing able to hurt him and shit. It was so obvious I didn't think it was going to happen, really sad it did. Hacky writing.
>>
File: 14027398997292.jpg (452KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
14027398997292.jpg
452KB, 1365x767px
>>92574196
Greatly entertaining on both the screen and this board.
I only they could've compressed Ashi's screen time throughout the season to make room for an hour lenght finale were the multitudinary interesting scenes shown in it actually get to get a hold on you by the use of SJ's classic passing, though.
>>
File: IMG_0353.gif (494KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.gif
494KB, 450x253px
Still get chills from this. Carpenter Brut track absolutely sells it.
https://youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w
>>
>>92577861
Because that would actually improve the pacing.
>>
File: 0.jpg (42KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
42KB, 300x222px
>>92579260
What the fuck with that "wtf jack is straight". When the fuck he was a faggot?
>>
test
>>
The fact that manchildren will forever be butt-blasted makes the ending even better.
>>
>>92579471
sorry, you are still banned
>>
Since this is the only thread with any kind of positivity about the show in the catalog right now...

Any chance someone could post some mega links for the last three episodes? I've been busy as hell with uni work and dumb fuckers keep posting spoilery shit in OPs.
>>
File: 1493064397402.jpg (33KB, 476x358px) Image search: [Google]
1493064397402.jpg
33KB, 476x358px
>>92579260
>Aku's laugh in the background
>>
I was expecting them to go with the whole "the last bit of Aku is in me so I gotta sudoku myself with the sword" ending with Ashi, which I think would've worked better.

Or at least if erasing Aku erased her, it should've happened when, you know, Aku died. Not a few months later at a randomly tragic moment.
>>
>>92579483
jack is a gud boi

he dindu nuffin wrong

he saved us all, and no good deed goes unpunished. it was literally not worth it for him.
>>
>>92579170
Why wouldnt this one have? We know Aku is a real thing in the show, he has eyes everywhere, and they had an altar and there was a birth.
Theres no reason to believe the dark overlord didnt decide to mess around for fun in his down time.
>>
>>92579483
What's the definition of manchild to you?
>>
>>92574196
>>92574784
Ending was 11/10
Season was 9/10
THE FUCKING RIDE WITH /co/, NOW THAT WAS A FUCKING 9001/10
BY FAR THE BEST PART
>>
>Scotsman introduces all his daughters, saying they're his pride and joy
>He helps fight Aku for Jack
>Jack goes back in time and deletes both the Scotsman and his daughters

Thanks, Genndy. That was worth 10 years.
>>
>>92574196
>Well that was pretty good.

no it wasn't. it was poorly flung together dog shit at paper on a wall and you, being the ignorant and gay retard that you are, lapped it all up like a good little faggot.
>>
>>92575225
>Jack coming to terms with the fact he'll never return to the past.
I'm glad you'll never write anything of worth.
>>
>>92578586

This isnt perfection

This is just changin Ashi for the Scotsman so that you dont get butthurt of their romance and guardian dying
>>
File: 1365328431133.jpg (72KB, 230x238px) Image search: [Google]
1365328431133.jpg
72KB, 230x238px
>>92579260
At least we got some of the toppest keks ever.
>>
>>92579572
This. None of you contrarian cucks can change that.
>>
>>92579583
>>Jack goes back in time and deletes both the Scotsman and his daughters

[citation needed]
>>
File: victory_noogy_by_kikoli.jpg (104KB, 900x660px) Image search: [Google]
victory_noogy_by_kikoli.jpg
104KB, 900x660px
we will never get to see Jack get a victory noogie from the Sctosman.
>>
>>92579572
Scotsman and his family are from an ancient and possibly inbred clan of magical scots. Chances are Aku or no Aku, they will still exist in the future because not that much in their homeland seemed affected by it.
>>
>>92578572
The show.
>>
>>92579783
>[citation needed]

i don't think you can post a 'pulled it out of my ass' picture on a blue board.
>>
>>92579805
Meant for >>92579583
>>
>>92579783
Jack undid the future that is Aku, the Scotsman will still probably exist in an Akuless future but he won't be the same.
>>
>scotsman dies and says they need to build a bigger army
>procedes to do nothing for the rest of the season and just shows up when another army has already attacked
And why the fuck were the only murders for aishi's sisters, I thought there was supposed to be more blood
>>
>>92574234
It was actually really weird because series was promoted as mature hokuto no ken tier but then started to be childish again
>>
>>92579997
>>92580038
You got tricked.
>>
>>92574196
Can SJ threads finally be purged now that the series is over?
>>
Satisfied only because it was Ashi that made the decision to go back to the past, and not Jack.

Had Jack asked Ashi to go back to the beginning to stop Aku, then that would have been a slap in the face to almost every single plot from the first seasons, usually involving Jack giving up opportunities to do the same thing in order to save innocents.
>>
File: sj_rage.webm (2MB, 734x502px) Image search: [Google]
sj_rage.webm
2MB, 734x502px
>>92574196
No, it was awful after episode 3.
>>
Why does everyone want the ending to this show to have so many layers to it? You cant just accept a regular ending where good beats evil at the cost of something that the hero has?
>>
>>92578641
>>92578767
>>92579086
>>92579819
Sub or dub?
>>
>>92580311
Dud.
>>
>>92580311
I never watched the dub so I have no idea if it's actually good or not.
All I can say is that the voice talent they got for the Japanese version is pretty good.
>>
>>92580248
I am fine with the ending conceptually. Jack returns to the past, beats Aku, and Ashi dies as a consequence. Jack saves the world but loses his love. Classic pyrrhic victory.

What bothered me was the execution. Ashi's death was comical rather than tragic because it was so abrupt and made no sense. It spoils things at the last second and leaves you with a taste of "Huh????" in your mouth rather than a satisfying ending.
>>
>>92577449
Jack was beyond hesitating this time around.
>>
File: Samurai Jack bike.png (942KB, 1200x648px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Jack bike.png
942KB, 1200x648px
>>92574516
I really miss that armor and bike.
>>
>>92574690
>>Power of love shit
Yeah what was up with that, seriously
>>
>>92577738
>YOU HAVE AKUS POWERS
>She knows Aku can make time portals at will
>The entire reason they are there is to kill aku
Makes sense to me
>>
>>92580440
I missed the messy hairdo and the beard the most.
>>
>>92580497
>she just mastered time-traveling in seconds and managed to teleport them precisely in the needed time and place on first try
Nah, it's shit
>>
>>92580573
I think it was fine. Wanting complexity in a kids cartoon is asking too much.
>>
>>92577631
When does season 6 air?
>>
>>92580641
>IT'S FOR KIDS
>IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE RETARDED
Nah, it's just shit
>>
>>92580670
Jack...
>>
>>92580641
>people are shitposting
>lmao you don't have any real complaints

>people have actual complains and criticism
>lmao it's just a cartoon

fuck this place, seriously
>>
File: farnsworth.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
farnsworth.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>92574629
I didn't hate the season as much as some people here but fuck those first three episodes were levels above the rest. I'll never get my hopes up again.
>>
>>92577621
Gurren Laggann had nothing to do with time travel.
>>
>>92579572
>this is what plebs actually believe
Jesus Christ.

It was a 3/10 at best
>>
File: 1446938439025.jpg (39KB, 578x472px) Image search: [Google]
1446938439025.jpg
39KB, 578x472px
>ending is so bad everyone is just making up their own version of the ending and dismissing genndy's retarded shit
>>
>>92580874
this. If the last 7 kept that momentum we would have had a truly amazing ending.
>>
>>92578586
>Before letting Flora become leader of the warrio king army
What's the point if he's still going to go to the past and erase them from existence.
>>
>>92580987
It's hard not too honestly. It's not even that Ashi died is that it took years for her to not exist and if that paradox takes her Jack should be sent back to the future as well because it was future Aku's powers that return him to the past.
>>
>>92580311
Sub.
>>
>>92574309
>>92574428
desu I kind of liked it. At first I was expecting the paradox to happen, and when it didn't I just thought, "He's not really dead, is he?" That confirmed it, I think it was needed so that no ambiguous 'Did Aku really die' shit would come after. It's all over. for good.
>>
>>92580311
Sub. And series isn't that long. Worth it imo.
>>
>>92578586
This is the same plot except changing Ashi out for Scotsman.

also I'm glad the guardian died.
>>
Kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWSfhVKiZrM&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>92579572
agreed
>>
File: 1493332299024.jpg (112KB, 666x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1493332299024.jpg
112KB, 666x1468px
>>92574407
THICCCCC
>>
File: e2c.jpg (69KB, 600x908px) Image search: [Google]
e2c.jpg
69KB, 600x908px
>>92577381
I see your fancy words and appreciate a man with a wide vocabulary. Unfortunately I disagree with you. Jack still looks like a putz. It was his choice to erase the future as much as it was Ashi's. The show took no time to establish the stance the people of the future had on being erased, and Ashi only heard of the past world Jack lived in a small number of days ago, and heard it from Jack! One of the most bias people she could have heard it from! What gives her the right to speak for the people of the future?

The show spent so long getting us to fall in love with this "dystopia" that the goal of the main character, to go back in the past and essentially destroy the future, becomes dissonant from what we, the audience, have learned from the world Gennedy created.

The future is great! Aku doesn't even seem that bad. We, as the audience, question why the ending we got is even a good ending. The real ending we should have gotten to justify the entity of the series up until that point would be for Jack to let go of the past and stay in the future.

Gennedy is working with an adult audience now. When adults see a character destroy a reality the audience has come to love for the sake a reality that we only saw in snipits of backstory, it's going to feel unsatisfying, no matter how much a character introduced eight episodes ago tries to justify it.

The obvious solution to this would have been to make the future dull, boring and miserable, but that wouldn't be very fun to watch would it? So we're left with an ending that goes against everything we learnt from the series up until that point.
>>
>>92574309
Oh look, the /co/ echo chamber is here.
>>
>>92580311
Even though I normally sick to subs, the dub of TTGL is actually pretty good.
>>
>>92581751
>The future is great! Aku doesn't even seem that bad.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>92580874
> I'll never get my hopes up again.
That is good. There is no reason to expect anything but disappointment for life. This way, when something decent actually happens, it's all the more sweeter.
>>
>>92574784
>No thick ass

Maybe wub wub dub version will correct it.
>>
>>92582134
I do it all the time, especially with sports. But this was different, I couldn't help but get excited. That fucking crypt scene.
>>
>you have aku's power ?!
>i do !!!!?????

>five actual minutes later a portal is opened and aku is defeated

what the hell how are people not rioting right now.
>>
So the real question that I haven't seen answered is where's the art for the black girl's gigantic ass
>>
File: 1425108056371.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425108056371.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>92574196
Yep. I hope CN/[as] continue financing 10 episodes miniseries because it's literally the only good things they ever produce nowadays.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS DEMONGO
>>
>>92582373
No thanks, I'd really rather they learn to move past their 'every male protagonist under the age of 18 is Dipper Pines in mannerisms and many times the exact same voice' phase western animation has been going through for several years now.
>>
>>92581751
>The future is great! Aku doesn't even seem that bad.
Go to bed Aku
>>
Better ending:

Jack slays Aku in the future, lies out his life as king with Ashi and his comrades, then when he's old and Ashi is dead, he faces the Guardian, goes back in time and kills Aku.
>>
>>92574407
>Yellow eyes.

What did Genndy mean by this?
>>
>>92581969
The future the audience viewed was a good one. It was troubled, but it was a good one with good people trying their hardest to make good with what they had. And Aku never went full out Satan mode. He wasn't raping and pillaging and impregnating women left and right making daughters of Aku. Instead of killing people, he made them build statues. Aku really was more of a sadistic joker than an full blown evil dick.

So its sad to see the people that lived in that world gone. It'd be different if they lived in some sort of Matrix like hellhole, but that wasn't what they lived in.
>>
>>92577653
>what is the graveyard episode.
>>
>>92575072
>Stephen King natural

Stephen King is a hack he wrote himself into his self-acclaimed magnum opus
>>
>>92574196
Felt like some teenager's edgy fanfic from beginning to end. Had legitimately one good ep the whole season, the rest was poorly paced. Either being too slow, or too fast. Padded out the ass. Would have been better as a movie overall.
>>
>>92580440
>>92580561
I missed both. He looked radical as fuck.
>>
>>92574196
>>92574196
>>92574196
>>92574196
>>92574196
>All this wait for him to steal the ending of TTGL, something he's a known fan of
>The ending that even the writer of TTGL said he wanted to go back and change but hasn't been allowed to since he doesn't own it

It was good until the end.
>>
>>92584355
That doesn't make you a hack, anon. Especially when he didn't appear in it for years and years. It's like you just read something online and think he was the main character or something. What made Dark Tower series bad was the ending. Which when he thought of it in 70s/80s it was rarer, but awful and terribly overdone in todays times. He's even going back to fix it with the Dark Tower movie which is the good end of the loop.
>>
File: 1495280712923.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495280712923.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>92574196
Why didn't Aku just fuck off like how he always does? Why didn't he keep the sword with him instead of hanging it in a place where Jack could get it? Why didn't he destroy the sword? Why didn't he instantly kill everyone off like how he did with the Scotman's army? Why didn't he do anything about Jack being free from being chained to the wall? Why didn't Aku try to prevent Ashi from getting the sword? The final episode doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>92574516
The first three episodes were different but good. Everything after that was like some sort of failed attempt at mixing the original series with the aforementioned episodes and ended up a shitshow.
>>
>>92574196
I wished that right at the end, after the ladybug flies away and the sky opens up, the camera would pan up and all of jack's friends were in the sky. Kinda like that when he fought that lava monster.
>>
>>92579668
>if you're not a delusional fanboy you're a contrarian
SJfags sure love the word contrarian when they like something that others recognize is not so good.
>>
>>92575399
Somebody hasn't watched Primer
>>
File: 1491081981531.png (84KB, 409x525px) Image search: [Google]
1491081981531.png
84KB, 409x525px
>>92574552
Fuck you're right

She's...

A Mary Sue.

And the worst part is, we never got to see qt emoji aliens again.
>>
>>92574781
Jack obviously didn't do enough multiplayer to get the readiness up.
>>
>>92574196
Never once had a scene of him standing in the rain drenched in blood with a beard and ragged hair.

Disappoint.
>>
>>92574552
Nigga that's Gurren Lagaan 101. And when it's done well and not rushed and uneventful, it's actually good writing.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.