[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Jack Pacing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: jack.jpg (23KB, 721x489px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
23KB, 721x489px
If he had been given more than 10 episodes to tell the story, about 99% of the problems would have been fixed.

>Pacing too fast
>Rushed character development
>Fast Scenery Change
>Plot Resolution found fairly quickly
>Jack himself changes too fast.
>etc.

I would have loved to see how Genndy would have told the story if he had had more than 10 damn episodes.

Oh well, all this potential wasted, enjoy your rick and morty, plebs.
>>
Jack never even fought Aku
>>
>>92574010
If Ashi wasn't added and took up 4 episodes dedicated to her then it wouldn't need more than 10.
>>
>>92574010
Would have also been fixed if Ashi just died
>>
10 episodes * about 22 minutes = 220 minutes = 3 hours 40 minutes. It should be possible to tell a story inside that time.
>>
>>92574175
Samurai jack has a style which requires slow pacing to make it work out well, just compare the first few episodes to the later ones, clearly Genndy wanted to do more but was restricted by time, thus making the plot feel rushed. Ideally they would have changed the story so it felt less rushed to fit the time constraints, but once a story is set up it would be hard to change and abridge it without losing a lot of good stuff.

A good comparison would be something like lord of the rings, imagine trying to fit all 3 movies into 3 hours and 40 minutes.
>>
I really hope they give us a extended version of the final episode in the DVD release
>>
>this shit again
Giving something more time is the EXACT OPPOSITE thing you want to do to something that has pacing issues.
>>
>>92574249
>comparing SJ to LotR
Genndyfag pls
>>
they didn't even need 10 epsiodes
all they needed to do is having ashi die along her sisters
>>
>>92574010
I was high watching this fucking season finale and I still cringed and managed to get disappointed.
>>
>>92574010
>tons of time spent on ashi instead of hooking up with all the warriors
>>
>>92574138
This desu. Ashi should have never been a main character. What was Genndy smoking, when he decided to add a another protagonist in the last 7 episodes of the entire fucking series when they barely have enough material to properly conclude Jacks story. It's no coincidence the pacing went to shit the moment she became a companion/love interest.
>>
>>92574926
I'm talking about the scale of the story, they're trying to wrap up 5 seasons of world building into an episode, tell me that's not similar.
>>
The episode amount was fine.

The pacing problem was stemmed from the focus on Ashi for 4 of the 10 of the episodes.
>>
>>92574010
I think it was alright, sure the forced relationship between Jack and Ashi was cringy as hell, but other than that, it was pure pleasure finally seeing Jack get to the past, atlast.
>>
Pacingfags are the worst

This story could not have the same pacing as original run Jack and told this kind of a story.
>>
>>92574010
is he rolling a ciggy?
>>
>>92578124
Maybe it should've told a different story then, because this story was garbage.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.