[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he saved them for no reason at all.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>
he couldn't go back yet because there were still more episodes
>>
Shut up.
>>
>>92573403
Everything he did was rendered utterly pointless the moment he went back in time.
Everyone he saved, ever good deed- pointless.
>>
>>92573520
kinda like real life
>>
>>92573689
People don't travel back to the past and render an entire time line non-existant in real life.
>>
>>92573712
what? you haven't yet?
>>
>>92573403
Evidently season 5 happens in different universe where the laws of time travel work different.
>>
>>92573712
>he doesn't know
>>
>>92573968
>evidently
Ecept the show has not established anything like that. That's literally fanfiction.
>>
>>92574058
>fanfiction
So season 5?
>>
>>92573403
He saved them because he's a good person, that's all the reason he needs, he's the Hero
>>
>>92574211
But then he erased them from existance, that's not what a good person does.
>>
>>92574230
Yeah it was pretty selfish to kill him in the past rather than the future just so he could get back to his own time. But tbf he wasn't expecting future people to stop existing. Jack doesn't really understand time travel in his universe it seems
>>
>>92573403
All this shit is just making me madder.
>>
>>92573403
>>92573520
>>92573712
>>92574230
>>92574298

That was his plan from the very beginning, why is everyone so upset?
>>
>>92573403
The subtext is obviously that he should have defeated Aku in the future AND then jumped into the past.
>>
>>92574191
What do you mean?
There is no season 5 of SJ hahahaha
>>
>>92574316
I think it's the fact that this makes it completely pointless all those times in the past he could have gone back, but refused in order to help people who won't exist if he travels back.
>>
>>92574316
>>92574324
there's no suggestion this is how time works in the SJ universe.
>>
>>92573520

There was no way for him to know that his quest would end the way it did, and even if he had, he would have saved them anyway because in the moment, it was the right thing to do. If he had killed Aku in the future, they would have been the ones to benefit from it. Having done so in the past, the inhabitants of some other timeline get to benefit instead, but in the end, the universe is a better place for every step he took on his journey.
>>
>>92574577
But he still left Aku alive there, so even if there were alternative timelines Aku would laugh how Jac and the sword are now gone
>>
>>92574730
Yeah but that's not THIS timeline
Don't you get how your own logic works against you?
There's also a timeline where Aku kills Jack, and then Ashi realizes her mistake and kills Aku.
The point is this is the ending we got. I think you guys are missing out on the part where he literally completed his mission and nothing else matters.
>>
>>92573403
They weren't even in the final episode, what gives?
>>
It's definitely funny that everyone's argument for "why doesn't jack just go to the past instead of saving people" was proven completely correct

every moral conflict was pointless and jack ws objectively wrong in it
>>
>>92576503
I figure aku eventually killed them.
>>
>>92576677
What doesn't make sense is if jack beat aku and went back then that version of jack should have been erased terminator style,
>>
>>92576677
>>92574346
Even as a kid, I thought it was stupid he saved future people rather than jumping in time portals to save them from that future. I don't know why people think it's dumb now, it was always dumb.
>>
>>92573403

MUH HONOR!
>>
That's what makes ashi's death so sad, Jack thought he saved everyone from the future including her, and she became the one and ultimate proof that he didn't.
>>
File: 1267849627632.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1267849627632.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
>b-but everyone got deleted from time

No, you retards, the deletion applies to Ashi and literally no one else because she's the only one that can't exist without Aku. Everyone else, Scotsman, Spartans, Dogs, Aliens, or Robots, was suffering because of Aku but they were not BORN because of him. In a future without Aku, those people will still be born unless Aku somehow directly caused their ancestors to have sex. They will be different, many will never have come to Earth, and some of the robots might have different specs, but the main difference is that they won't have suffered.

And since they all came to the final battle, it looks like they're pretty fucking okay with that.
>>
>>92580449
>what is the butterfly effect
>>
>>92580617
Too unpredictable to say anything for sure.
>>
>>92580449

You don't understand how the butterfly effect works, do you?
>>
>>92580747
Samurai Jack is unconfirmed to use it.
>>
>>92573403
>Jack refusing to be a monster and let people suffer was pointless
>Except that they all helped him - emotionally and physically - in his time of need
>Jack was able to escape and undue Aku's evil reign because of them
>no reason at all, except ensuring a brighter future
>>
>>92580449
A person is built from the experience they go through. Without it, they are indeed dead.
>>
>>92580805
... you don't "use" it. it just happens. like how if you through something in the air, it comes back down.
>>
>>92580449
Aku enslaved the Earth and brought aliens down to the surface. Without him being there, aliens likely won't come to Earth. Who's to say that people that were born will even exist now due to the circumstances being so radically different?
>>
>>92580875
And now they never suffered under Aku. They're different people, but they all chose to go through with it.

>>92580876
The butterfly effect is a theorized result of fictional time travel. There is no "law" about how it works, and its main idea is that it can't predicted. You can't say for absolute certain that no one would be born.
>>
>>92580991
>And now they never suffered under Aku. They're different people, but they all chose to go through with it.
kinda remind me of stone ocean ending. Universe changed but replace with things that are extremely similar to their previously existed counterparts.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.