[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does it sting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 101

does it sting?
>>
>>92572462
Worst ending ever
>>
>>92572462
Yeah, it wasn't even emotional, No kiss, no farewell, no fucking effort.
>>
Did he at least get to tap that ass first?
>>
>>92572518
Unless he's one of those fuck only after marriage guys, then no,
>>
File: 2658582-1405890449975.gif (469KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
2658582-1405890449975.gif
469KB, 480x228px
>>92572462
>Nia: I love you Simon
>Nia Fades away
>Ashi: Jack, i'm disappearing because Aku is dead
>Ashi fades away
>>
>>92572462
>No Immortal God-Emperor Samurai Jack
>Shitty Gurren Lagan ending
>Cut the WACHA from the end of the episode

No, but it was a tragic waste of potential.
>>
Just glad to see jack fags get what they deserve. Flooding this board with
>OMG BEST SHOW EVA!!!!
to
>I'M LITERALLY SEETHING.
now atleast I could laugh at you butthurt fucks.
>>
Not in the way Genndy had hoped. Ashi disappearing during the wedding was just forced drama, there's no reason she should have lasted that long in the changed timeline.
>>
>>92572565

This. Least we still have star vs to look forward to
>>
Fuck all you autistic faggots. it was great. Got some real TTGL vibes from it. The second i saw they were gonna get married I knew this was gonna happen. I was just worried it was going to be a shitty deus ex ending where she comes back. Thank god Gendy isnt dumb!
>>
I didn't give a shit about her so no
>>
>>92572462
All I have to say is Tumblr wins again.
>>
>>92572597
>watching cuck vs
At least watch a good show like wakfu or steven universe faggot
>>
>>92572462
Never did.
I remembered a scene of Steven seagal movie where the exact thing happens and I laughed like crazy.
>>
>>92572638
>steven universe
faggot
>>
>>92572638
Tumblr trash detected.
>>
>>92572627
If being right about a show's ending being shit means you win, then I say tumblr deserves this one.
>>
>>92572462
literally was
>Do you think i am gonna let Jack be happy?
>LOLNO
Also the 2 loves of Jack were Aku and half Aku
The absolute madman
>>
Does what sting? An unoriginal ending for an underdeveloped character? Well at the very least, Jack's legacy will be forever tainted. He deserved a more well executed conclusion.
>>
>>92572462
Yeah it really fucking does. All the stuff he did doesn't matter. Everything. He could have skipped out to the past a bunch of times. This is the biggest gutpunch in a while for me. He doesn't even get happieness in the end.
>>
File: 1494741149642.jpg (33KB, 493x390px) Image search: [Google]
1494741149642.jpg
33KB, 493x390px
Ding Dong the Witch is dead
>>
File: jashi 2.jpg (52KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
jashi 2.jpg
52KB, 1200x675px
>>92572462
>No farewell of any sort
>No anguished final declaration of love
>No promise of happiness for Jack or Ashi
>No children to take up the mantle, should Aku return
>All those experiences
>All the pain, the friends, the enemies, the good and the wicked
>All of it gone with the woman he loved
>All of it in a handful of leftover minutes

tl;dr yes
>>
>>92572462
fucking yes damnnit....damn....
>>
>>92572595
This is my biggest gripe. While they were preparing for the ceremony I was too busy thinking "Nice paradox, faggot" to feel anything when Ashi fell like she should have outside Aku's tower. Still a very sad ending, but that's less because of the way they presented it and more because I empathize with Jack.
>>
>>92572462
...did they literally ripoff TTGL?
>>
Something must have happened after the first three episodes were written.

The difference in tone/pacing/focus and so much more is completely different.
>>
>>92572714
Almost. In TTGL they knew she was going to fade from existance so they rushed the ceremony. Here, no one has a clue about how time works so her passing surprises everyone.
>>
>>92572462
>Implying Jack can't just find another woman to fall in love with.
Spot the underage.
>>
I'm fine with her fading away, but it should have happened as soon as Aku was killed. She and Jack should have had an emotional goodbye then and there instead of having weeks or months together off screen then vanishing randomly as she walks down the aisle.

Fucking kill yourself Genndy
>>
Yes, perfect ending, you all are whiny bitches.
>>
File: 1430013611067.jpg (12KB, 318x236px) Image search: [Google]
1430013611067.jpg
12KB, 318x236px
I'm just not satisfied on how little effort and emotion he put into their final moment. I would've been okay with Ashi dying if she didn't go out that way.
I'm already upset on how much focus and pacing their relationship took only for it to go nowhere. But at least it's implied their love lives on in Jack. But I would've preferred there'd be no romance in the first place if Genndy was just going to throw it out the window via ripping off TTGL in the process.
>>
>>92572740
>implying people you love are that disposable
Spot the edgelord.
>>
>>92572462
she should have died when Jack killed aku
>>
He should have stayed in the future, call me a butthurt head cannon faggot but that's the fucking truth. Retcon endings always suck.
>>
>>92572462
Yes. It felt tacked on to make the ending bittersweet. If they were going to do this, they should have had her just stay in the future, it would have been bittersweet, but not heart crushingly cruel.
>>
>>92572740
It's not just about Jack, she deserved better.
>>
>>92572740
This is a fairy tale kind of story, anonymous, so I don't know. The whole first love is true love' thing is in effect.
>>
>>92572745
This.
Wedding sequence was stupid.
>>
>>92572780
Agreed
>>
>>92572745
I would liked a fast forward through several times of they being together and then, fifty years later she vanishes and Time is rewritten showing ashi being replaced by the little girl of the first seasons, and jack don't having any memory of his adventures on the future or Ashi
>>
>>92572615
>Got some real TTGL vibes from it.

You mean it straight up copied it. Genndy is a hack.
>>
>>92572786
>The whole first love is true love' thing is in effect
Also dosen't that nearly only happen in Disney Films?
>>
>>92572745

How else would he rip on Gurren Lagann if she died right away?
>>
>>92572827
It's pretty rare, but I've known a handful of geriatrics who were 'first love is the only love' geriatrics. Disney doesn't even use it much in their stories these days.
>>
>>92572462
Ashi getting erased? Not really.
The ending's crappy ideas and bad pacing? Yeah, it kinda stings.
>>
>within a few minutes they go from finally getting to the past to a wedding
>Ashi gets obliterated suddenly

I did cry, but only from laughing so hard. Literally one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. I was laughing hard all the way up to the end and the part with the ladybug only made it even better.
>>
>>92572638
I watch them all, where is your god now
>>
>>92572870
>geriatrics
Ageist scum, check your privilege, you bigot!
>>
It's comically bad.
>>
>>92572462
No. I was glad she died. The ending was still trash though.
>>
File: IMG_20170521_051021.jpg (92KB, 914x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170521_051021.jpg
92KB, 914x960px
>>92572462

Will Jack's autistic brother get a spin-off series?
>>
File: Samureddit Jackoff.jpg (154KB, 1313x712px) Image search: [Google]
Samureddit Jackoff.jpg
154KB, 1313x712px
>>92572565
When this whole thing was announced, I told people "You will hate it"

And I was right, as always

GET RECKD, YOU KEKOLDS!
>>
File: oh no.webm (315KB, 1440x776px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.webm
315KB, 1440x776px
>>92572462
I miss him more than ashi t b h
>>
File: 1495126865331.png (116KB, 299x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495126865331.png
116KB, 299x316px
After this garbage even a happy ending would've been better. don't play bait-and-switch like that, that's just awful writing, and the pacing was awful as well.
>>
>>92572565
>>OMG BEST SHOW EVA!!!!
I was aware and kept trying to say both I liked the show but that it also wasn't perfection and that Ashi was shit, but I kept getting scapegoated. Now what I've been saying since this season started is obvious to most and that's pretty great. I hate that the shaggyfag shit made me seem like him but I'm glad I was right in the end anyway so fuck it
>>
>>92572695
>wanting so many cliches for Jack
>everyone he has ever met knew and supported him in defeating Aku
>everyone that Jack mattered to that had a significant fighting force appeared in the end
>Scotsman shared one last insult albeit about a girl
>blaming Genndy not AS for only allowing the 10 episodes
>MUH GUARDIAN, MUH SPARTAN KING MU PORTAL

Fact is JACK GOT BACK that's all the show ever was mixed with beautiful scenery and fight choreography of which the former is what we got in the ending. Jack didn't need to kiss her to make it emotional. So many of you had it built up in yours heads that it HAD to be the guardian portal like you broke the damn enigma code but not everything goes to plan. Even the Guardian said so :Only one man id prophesied to defeat me, and you aren't him" Take the MST3K approach and just relax man.
>>
Why didn't Jack just Marry Aku at the end instead?
>>
>>92572462
It was kind of lame.
>>
>>92572818
This could actually been better.

>jack and Ashi get married have children and grand children
>50 years later, when Ashi and jack are with their grandsons
>their grandsons and Ashi get replaced by others, the time had catches up to the exact amount of time jack was on the future.
>one of the grandchildren of jack tells him if he is ok
>jack answers: age its playing tricks on my memories
>the kids go with the elderly lady(it's actually the little girl from jack's flashbacks)
>then a ladybug flies to jack and he smile.
>credits start rolling.
Fin.
>>
>she disappears days or more after aku is defeated
>not immediately after
She couldn't fuck off any sooner?
>>
File: ashi felt.png (220KB, 592x319px) Image search: [Google]
ashi felt.png
220KB, 592x319px
At first I thought that Aku will jump out of her
>>
>>92573103
>Gets Married to Ashi
>Aku pops out
FOOLISH SAMURAI, NOW WE ARE WEDDED HA HA HA HA HA!
>>
>>92573020
This. It wasn't even given enough time to breathe to even be an effective bait and switch. The whole thing was over in the span of maybe 2 minutes, and Ashi literally had to have her last words be exposition about why she's disappearing. That was unintentionally kind of funny. Almost like those cheesy copypasta love stories teenage girls would share on facebook.
>>
>>92572780
She was a construct. She wasn't even real.
>>
>>92573127
Would have been a more interesting ending
>>
>>92572462
They just had to pull a TTGL ending. Oh my god why.
>>
Reminder that this man is single-handedly responsible for the CalArts plague destroying animation
>>
File: Jack_tired.png (923KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_tired.png
923KB, 1920x1080px
>>92572462
I'm more upset that all of Jacks personal struggles built up in the first three episodes became reduced to a shitty cliché romance. Ashi was a mistake.
>>
>>92572992
Hating something after it defies your expectations is a given. The true test is waiting to see how people feel when the dust is settled.
>>
>>92573156
ashi is just a social
construct
>>
>>92573188
>tfw Genndy rewatches TTGL and decided to say "fuck it" and straight out copy it for the ending
>>
>>92573216
Ashy was a blight on the entire series, way worse a monster than Aku ever was
>>
>>92572462
Even if Jack and Ashi lived happily ever after, people would still bitch and moan because their all a bunch of fucking hipsters.
>>
Ending would've been better if Jack had to stay in the future. Fucking with time paradoxes and rushing something like Ashi's death was dumb as fuck. Aku could've easily died the moment Jack got his sword to protect everyone and stopped any time travel bullshit from happening. Jack has already shown he would rather save the people in front of him than jump into the past and it's not like living in the future post-Aku with all of his new friends would be bad.
>>
>>92573216
CalArts was a mistake
>>
>>92572462
I wish this happened weeks ago.
>>
>>92572462
Not really.
The moment Ashi returned with him it was obvious she was fucked.
Any way it's not like Jack isn't young and doesn't have time to find a new person to love. It's not like they were soulmates.
Fuck I bet you that qt3.14 from his childhood is still available. And he has his family to comfort him.
>>
>>92573188
The principle idea is that in order to defeat Aku, a sacrifice needed to be made. In this case, the choice is clear:

Option A: Go back in time to Defeat Aku, sacrificing the Aku-Controlled Timeline and all its inhabitants, and relegate them to a state of Never-Were

Option B: Sacrifice the Peoples of the Past, ensuring that Aku would at least get the period of time during Samurai Jack's Absence to reck havok.

Here, option A was chosen and compounded with the fact that as awful as Aku's Future was, it was not without it's own good aspects. The fact that Ashi got taken away simply made it personal now for Samurai Jack, so he was fucked the moment he fell in love with her.
>>
>>92573052
>wanting so many cliches for Jack

Did you fucking SEE that last episode? One more cliche in there wouldn't have even been noticed.
>>
>>92573188
I could see this happening from a mile away. I didn't want it tho.
>>
>>92572462
http://www.strawpoll.me/13011295
>>
>>92573249
4chan is generally plagued by a combination of two mindsets
>It is popular, therefore it sucks
>It is not popular, therefore it can not be good
>>
>>92573251
How do we stop them?
>>
>>92573282
Option B would've made a way better ending and it was what Genndy seemed to be building up to.
>>
>>92573295
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13011295
the only time when being a cuck is the right choice
>>
>oh i have akus powers
>*bzuup*
>oh aku is dead
>woosh
Yeah, maybe if they didn't waste so much time in the season they could have done this better. The final fight and Aku Killing scene was a pretty big disappointment too

Tbh what I'm mostly looking forward to is people trying to dissect what the fuck went wrong over there. Was it Gendy's fault? Did some corp. execs fuck it over? Did they blow all of their money and effort in the first three episodes?
>>
>>92573302
exterminate the entire human race, asside for those who have not discovered animation yet
thus animation can get a clean start
>>
>>92573282
Surprisingly, no choice was ever made by Jack. The instant Ashi realizes she can use the time travel Aku was bragging about, she does it and just grabs Jack and goes. I suppose she spared him a moral dilemma that probably would have been a horrible dagger in his gut if it had all been up to him.
>>
>>92573336
Maybe, hear me out, Samurai Jack was never good to begin with
Maybe Ganndy Tartakovsky was never good to begin with
Maybe 1990s/2000s Cartoon Network was always garbage, and you are only now realizing it
>>
>>92572462
I think sending him back to the past was worse than anything else, if Ashi disappears because lol paradox then Jack would never have come back to the past in the first place.

So congratz they messed up time travel worse than DB Super.

This really needed to be a 2 part episode.

I think it would have been better if Jack came to terms with the fact that you can't fix the past, he made great new friends in the future and he would have avenged his family by destroying Aku in the future.
>>
>>92573302
Give Johnny K. complete control over all animation in the world

Johnny K. is our only hope
>>
>>92572694
maggie died a few years ago
>>
>>92573345
Fuck I did not even realize this, and it's consistent with his character so far.

Assuming They Beat Aku before Ashi opens a portal to the past, Samurai Jack would have been been in a moral dilemma, one that he might not be able to possibly resolve(though all indications from the previous 4 seasons is that he would have taken up the offer) if he sat down and thought about it long and hard.
>>
Episode was going well but everything after they went back to the past was extremely rushed and underwhelming.
Ending made no sense. If Ashi was never there to begin with then Jack would have never had a way to go back into the past. Either keep things consistent of "paradoxes can exist" or kill both Jack and Ashi so they can be in the afterlife with the Scotsman and everyone else like Jack's family.
Very poorly thought out ending that I fail to see much happiness in Jack for, he's back in his own time but what did he gain? Memories that never happened and loneliness.

Should have just let them be together but make Ashi lose her powers and be a normal human.
>>
>Ashi cant break free
>Jack is forced to kill her
>by doing so opens up a portal in time and he jumps through
Would that have been a better ending?
>>
>>92573384
>giving control to a one hit wonder
>>
>>92572462
>does it sting?
well it basically ended with Ashi calling Jack a foolish samurai shortly after she pulled time portal out of her arse
also all the character I was personally interested in were dropped out to bring in bunch of random gooks

I haven't been so dissapointed with an ending since ME3
>>
>*Jack is about to deliver the final blow to aku's essence as Ashi looks on
>Jack the essence gave me Aku's power.... I could open a portal... you could save them.
>Jack hesitates, and turns back. He sees Ashi, surrounded by all the friends he's gained over the years.
>jack's inner doubts whisper into his ear
>purpose
>forgotten your purpose
>Yes I have.
>Jack plunges the sword into the black goo, and destroys aku once, and for all.
>Jack sheathes his sword
>wajack.
Nobody would have complained.
>>
>>92573366
But I'm rewatching the whole series, currently up to 4, and I'm enjoying it like I used to
>>
>>92573366
Get out of my head, Charles.
>>
>>92573069
stick to Disney my man, seems more your speed
>>
>>92573407
Johnny K. was the one to predict the CalArts plague to come
We could have prevented this, if we only listened

Johnny K. was humanity's last hope
>>
>>92572462
Hell no

I am glad, finally ashi is dead
>>
>>92573432
uh-huh and he made one good cartoon, well half of one good cartoon, well one season of a good cartoon and that's it.
>>
>>92573401
I'm guessing one of Jack's surviving, science-minded friends would have pointed out to Jack that if he did go back and slay Aku, it'd doom Ashi, and that would lead Jack to slowly realize that NO ONE he had EVER met would have a life as he knew it. Perhaps they'd be better off, perhaps never exist, but they wouldn't be the same. And Ashi never would be.

At the same time, he has his duty to his father and people, and to all the people that howled and suffered under Aku's evil. If he CAN undo that MUSTN'T he?

It's literally not a question Jack can answer. 'Which innocent is more deserving of life.'
>>
>>92573425
it is called being a nostalgia fag

You would think Barney the Dinosaur is good if you watched it as a child
>>
>>92572627
tumblr lost, their girl is dead
>>
>>92573447
I demand a Samurai Jack themed train dilemma picture on my desk by 8 am tomorrow.
>>
>>92573428
It's hard to think while stoned and not in your mother language.
>>
Ashi would still exist but as a normal girl. Her mother was still a person and she would have had another father. At most she should have been able to go into the first portal but as soon as Aku was destroyed then she should have lost all her powers.
Not faded away entirely. Otherwise how many other people could be say "Would not exist if not for Aku" because his death somehow meant those peoples parents never met? Practically erasing the entire future and a good part/all of its inhabitants.
>>
>>92573446
name five more animators that warned us about the CalArts plague
>>
>Innocence is innocence, lesser, greater, middling - makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary, the definition blurred. If I'm to choose between one innocence and another, I'd rather not choose at all.
>ashi is stunned
>the entire united army of peoples jack has saved starts clapping.
>>
>>92573446
Much more than any of these CalArts faggots like Tartakovsky ever did
>>
>>92572462
I think it would've been better if Ashi only sent Jack into the past and he died with Aku due to being a never aging paradox. Then the final moments could've been past Jack never sent into the future living out his life and never knowing anything about his loved ones from the future.
>>
>All these despicable Jashi haters.
>Genndy failed us and this series with the finale.
>I just want Jack to have a good victory and some pussy.

Damn us all to hell.
>>
File: smiling blue due.png (224KB, 700x349px) Image search: [Google]
smiling blue due.png
224KB, 700x349px
>>92573447
My dumb as hell personal Fan Theory is that the Time Portal the Guardian was Protecting was for Jack, but not for the current jack.

It's look was different from any other time portal seen so far in the series. So, my hypothesis is the following: The Guardian's Time Portal was meant for a Jack that returned to the past and defeated Aku to return to the Aku-Future Timeline to defeat Aku.

If we look at King Jack, he's not wearing any new tech, just a crown, a red cloak and that's it. So my hypothesis states that after Jack beats Past-Aku, he spends X number of years wandering, doing good until finding the time portal that gives him the chance to return to the future and beat Aku.

This would give him a nice moral out. But Samurai Jack was never about getting a Good Ending.
>>
>>92573314
Option B would have been a horrific ending. Bravo Genndy for not listening to the majority (and possibly the comics - can someone confirm?) on this.
>>
>>92572462
Gurran laganns ending stinged, this was rushed and everyone saw it coming.
>>
>>92573568
Shit taste
>>
>>92573566
If Aku was never there to destroy the time portals, and the portals can exist without Aku, then the Guardian still lives and watches his portal. Jack can go back, stop himself from killing Aku so quickly, seal him away instead, and then Ashi will continue to live.
>>
what really stung is that jack didn't even fight Aku
>>
A better ending could have been

>Jack defeats future Aku
>Jack spends x amount of years undoing the evil of Aku's world
>Jack defeating Aku allows him to age regularly since traveling through time with Aku's magic had unintended consequence.
>Jack experienced and aged encounters Guardian
>Guardian smiles and says something along the lines of "Your back, lets see if you can beat me this time."
>Jack unsheathes sword
>WATCHA
>>
8/10 for the overall season, 4/10 for the ending episode.
As a series it's all still a masterpiece of animation and choreography which managed to also successfully go from episodic into drama.

A true achievement that unfortunately got a rushed ending but was also lucky to get an ending in the first place.
>>
>>92573670
this ending we got was garbage
I can't believe Genndy thought this was a good idea
>>
>>92573127
>WACHA

I'd have been OK with this
>>
> without Aku, I wouldn't exist
By that logic, Jack should have been warped back to the future then because the only reason he got back and killed Aku was because she existed. It's a paradox unless there is an alternate timeline created, meaning that Ashi would continue to exist and not just vanish as a result.

Time travel plots are stupid.
>>
>>92573616
>seal him
>seal the evil that is aku
>he won't get out, i promise
>>
>>92573616
yay :)

i feel better now

Jack having to live the rest of his life with Ashi as a memory makes me want to kms
>>
>>92572462
that the entire series devolved into a really bad fanfiction?

yes
>>
File: Pure Poetry.png (49KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
Pure Poetry.png
49KB, 903x713px
>Jack: I don't want you to become just a memory

Becomes a memory.
>>
File: Pendleton_Ward.jpg (134KB, 699x886px) Image search: [Google]
Pendleton_Ward.jpg
134KB, 699x886px
>>92573213
not him?
>>
>>92573156
this, she was just a plot device like asami
>>
>>92573775
>Time travel plots are stupid
They are only stupid when the creators don't understand time is not linear, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>92573775
>Time travel plots are stupid.
eh, in this case they were unavoidable.
This series was built on time travel from the start.
Usually they are bolten on and the series turns into a clusterfuck.
>>
>>92573877
>yfw fucking Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys had a better use of time travel and a more satisfying ending in two episodes than fucking Samurai Jack, a show built around time travel, did
>>
File: 「FALLING LEAVES」.png (318KB, 773x461px) Image search: [Google]
「FALLING LEAVES」.png
318KB, 773x461px
>Alternate Timelines are a thing
>Ashi seriously could've stayed alive
>lol nah, just make her disappear in the middle of the wedding. Bittersweet ending lol.

By the fucking logic they used to get rid of Ashi, Jack should've disappeared too, or at least had all memories erased. If it wasn't for Aku, he wouldn't have been sent to the future, and everything in the future wouldn't have happened.
>>
File: 1490579146610.png (340KB, 858x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490579146610.png
340KB, 858x360px
>yfw Jack will probably never love again, especially after all he's been thru
>this was the first time his love wasn't Aku, and even then, it technically was
>>
>>92573888
Time traveling into the future is generally fine. It's when you start traveling into the past where things get screwy. Fuck I think just letting time be linear dealing with the whole Big Bounce theory would've been a lot better than the shit we got with time being linear except when it isn't.
>>
File: jacko.png (66KB, 458x351px) Image search: [Google]
jacko.png
66KB, 458x351px
So is Jack immortal and will live forever?
>>
>>92573568
>majority
>the polls show the opposite
>Also implying the majority is always right
>>
File: Simon_and_Nia_wedding.jpg (60KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_and_Nia_wedding.jpg
60KB, 465x600px
>>92572462
Genndy is a literal fucking hack. It feels like he did the whole dumb romance thing just so he could pull of TTGL ending. If you want a bittersweet ending, don't leave out the sweet part.
>>
>>92572627
not really, plenty of them are mad because a female character was "fridged" and used for "manpain"
I personally am mad because Jack completely erased the timeline basically killing every single character we come to now throughout the series and it wasn't even brought up.
>>
>>92572462
Meh. I feel nothing. I will probably be disappointed in a few days though.
>>
>>92573959
nah brah

Jack is just on his way to the Guardian portal

he can stop himself killing Aku and leave him in the sword imprisoned for 1000 years.

Let some other schmuck deal with him, the sword is magic and indestructible after all ;)
>>
>>92573919
>By the fucking logic they used to get rid of Ashi, Jack should've disappeared too, or at least had all memories erased. If it wasn't for Aku, he wouldn't have been sent to the future, and everything in the future wouldn't have happened.
Anon that's wrong, jack getting sent to the future happens before he got back he didn't prevent that. He would have lost memories of ashi, and she wouldn't have been there to send him to the past

SO it's broken just not for some of the reasons you listed.
>>
>jack goes out to fight aku after meeting very elderly parents
>comes back and meets young parents
what did genndy mean by this?

someone make a "dermatologists HATE him" image using the old slave emperor from episode 1 and the one from the finale
>>
>>92572558
>I just realised that this is from Gurren Laggan and I have been spoiled
>>
>>92573249
>hipsters
Are we back to 2011, back to the past?
Watcha?
>>
>>92573919
no because there is a jack that took his place into the future, it's a matter exchange thing

both jacks where the same amount of matter, ashi had too much matter and was actually displaced from the timeline making her feeling she was dying and because of the slow and painful disintegration of her molecules she thought it was because of aku, but was because of her going along with jack, resulting in:

a) going even further to the past giving origin to the black goo the gods fought in space

b) a slow, natural teleportation, Ashi felt she was dying because of entire organs disappearing she was being teleported to the alternate timeline till she was
either reassembled and woke up or ended in a gory mess in front of everyone
>>
>>92573069
Like your ending, to be honest
>>
Can somebody post the comparison picture?
>>
File: 1428140335630.jpg (112KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428140335630.jpg
112KB, 700x480px
>>92572462
Actually, that moment felt great.
>>
>>92574059
>Also implying the majority is always right
>Bravo Genndy for not listening to the majority
what did he mean by this
>>
File: wedding 8.png (240KB, 848x470px) Image search: [Google]
wedding 8.png
240KB, 848x470px
>>92573103
>>92573127
FOOLISH SAMURAI!!! I got you with the love trick again!
>>
>>92573521
Underrated post.
>>
>>92573052
>blaming Genndy not AS for only allowing the 10 episodes

But it -was- Genndy who said he's been planning to end it in 10 episodes. He wasn't forced by anyone.
>>
>>92573188
At least TTGL actually makes you feel something.
>>
AKU IS A MADMAN!

HE ACTUALLY DID IT TWICE, EVEN FROM THE GRAVE!
>>
File: Sam Jack.jpg (50KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Jack.jpg
50KB, 625x352px
No matter what you all say, I loved that last episode from the beggining to the end. It was amazingly perfect and I will defend it. It wasn't flawless, but it was what we could get in a 20-minute episode.

It was way better than the happy ending I thought it was gonna be. I was expecting Jack to grow old instantly, tho.
>>
File: What10.jpg (5KB, 251x233px) Image search: [Google]
What10.jpg
5KB, 251x233px
>>92572462
>Jack and Ashi return to the past
>Jack kills Aku
>Ashi is still alive
>Minimum of three days pass
>Now for some reason Ashi can no longer exist
>It's just coincidentally at the same time as their wedding

How was this good, exactly?
>>
File: 1494398487853.jpg (123KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494398487853.jpg
123KB, 614x768px
You know, anyone with basic video editing skills could splice up the ending and change it completely, so jarring, rushed and out of place it was. Hell, do an edit on the last few frames as well and you are done.
>>
>>92574339

If Aishi cannot exist, then who can remember her or care?
>>
>>92572559
>Shitty Gurren Lagan ending
my thoughts exactly
>MC marries his waifu who has an evil father and developed crazy powers at the end
>but then she disappears
>MC goes to wander the world eternaly (assuming Jack still doesn't age)
>>
>>92574329
This, I loved it.

After all these years we finally get the ending to the show.

>Aku is actually killed >He does go back to the past and save the world

What more could you want.
>>
>>92574422
He should age normally now. He only stopped because Aku ERADICATED all the time portals.
>>
>>92573670
How would you this.
>Ashi still disappears Yoda style.
>Lady bug scene still happens
But then
>Jack has a bittersweet farewell with his family
>Cut to Ashi waking up in the future
>She now lives in an apparment with her sisters
>They go to a museum trip
>The bus passes through the city showing the other characters living happy lives in this alternate timeline (the scotsman is alive, scaramouche is a guy playing in the street for money, X-9 is walking lulu in the park,the talking dog is the curator of the museum, etc)
>the centerpiece of the museum is a black obelisk
>All this time Ashi looks confused as if she feels something is missing
>the obelisk beggins to glow, two figures came out of it
>The guardian comes out smiling looking like he took a beating
>Jack follows him looking like king Jack from the guardian episode
>Ashi´s eyes grow and runs to Jack
>wacha
>>
>>92574120

It's been out for over ten years now, so you have no one to blame but yourself for this.
>>
>>92574287

Yeah, seething rage. Not exactly what you want.
>>
>>92572712
What if she fucking ran for it the moment they got in the past, silencing herself as best as she could so as Jack was killing Aku he didn't realize he was also killing Ashi?
>>
>>92573446
so much more good content than anyone ever did after him
>>
>>92574497
or just have aishi look at a portrait of king jack in museum assuming hes not immortal because this new aishi has no idea who he is but some great hero
>>
>>92572462
It stings because of how rushed it was. It could've really used a few more episodes. Oh well.
>>
File: 1495224898446.png (148KB, 415x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495224898446.png
148KB, 415x270px
>>92574470
No, I'm pretty sure it was said traveling through time caused him to stop aging. Time-traveling did that to him, not Aku, so even if Aku is dead, Jack's body should still be affected by the time travel - even more now that he traveled through time TWICE.

So he is double immortal, now.

>lose all your friends of the future and the love of your life
>you will never grow old and you'll lose your friends of the past and your family too

Jack's life is a fucking nightmare.
>>
could have easily doe it like tla
start the wedding, she gets up the stairs, pan up, "the end" and it would have been a great ending
>>
>>92574573
I'm sure getting pulled out of the time portal messed with his time flow and made him immortal.
He went back and everything became normal
He shouldn't be immortal now
>>
File: 1495256312908.jpg (270KB, 1500x1269px) Image search: [Google]
1495256312908.jpg
270KB, 1500x1269px
>>92572558

>Eastern writing is considered master craft because it's expected from the consumers to actually give it a thought about why something is happening
>Western writing: Spoon-feeds the consumers and if something isn't explained, they rage

my my, it wasn't like this in the past. amerifags sure are devolving at a steady pace
>>
>>92574566
I was thinking that she remembers the alternate timelime since she also traveled in time.
Or it could be like in Days of future past where wolverine wakes up in the future remembering the alternate timeline.
>>
File: 1493431132663.png (170KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493431132663.png
170KB, 750x900px
>>92572462
Yeah, it stung because of multiple reasons:

>Jack's friends from the future are never addressed again. Jack doesn't even thank them for their sacrifice and help, he doesn't even say goodbye, and doesn't even seem to realize they will stop existing as soon as he kills Aku in the past
>the village, the palace, and everyone's life in the past have to be rebuilt, the emperor and the queen are healthy again, the marriage is set, people and friends from every corner of the world are invited, Ashi has to meet Jack's parents: all this means at least several months, even YEARS, must have passed since their arrival from the future
>so why does Ashi disappear right before the marriage? Why didn't it occur to her and Jack sooner that she should be dead?
>Why does she still call him 'Jack'? Is he still using that name to honor the future, does his parents call him like that now?

Seriously, the terrible pacing kind of ruined this. They needed more time to better flesh this out and make it truly tearjerking. I'm mad that Jack doesn't seem to give a shit about his friends from the future too, he's not the kind of person who just saw them as disposable.

He should have stayed in the future, anyway
>>
>>92574600
You could do it right now, simply roll credits after the beginning of the wedding scene, after all the shots of smiles and faces are had.
>>
>>92574573
shouldn't ashi be double immortal too (time travel + part aku)?
>>
>>92572736
in TTGL only Simon and Nia knew she was going to disappear

also they had an explanation for why Nia lasted so long after the anti-spiral was defeated

here theres no explanation for why ashi died during the ceremony, it was just made so to get a cheap emotional response
>>
File: LoveAshi.png (537KB, 1194x679px) Image search: [Google]
LoveAshi.png
537KB, 1194x679px
"I love you!"

>What did he mean by this, /co/?
>>
>>92574808
TL note: "I love you!" means AI YO
>>
File: 1492553702279.jpg (160KB, 997x782px) Image search: [Google]
1492553702279.jpg
160KB, 997x782px
>>92572615
It was shit and you know it. Stop defending that retard Genndy
>>
File: 1482367719583.png (366KB, 2136x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1482367719583.png
366KB, 2136x1900px
>>92574808
Its a love conquers all and lets also rip off a Japanese cartoon ending.
>>
>>92573521
too bad most of them were all killed in the spikes
>>
>>92572462
this ending only sucks because it's literally the exact same as TTGL
>>
WEB-DL FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>92574922
>he doesn't know the download link
kek
>>
File: shrug.jpg (10KB, 251x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
10KB, 251x200px
If you wanna keep this ending, do it like this.

>Ashi grabs Jack and opens the portal before anyone can think about it, as happened.
>Jack slays Aku in the past
>brief moment of exultation as the pair leave Aku's collapses citadel
>Ashi falls
>she can feel herself fading, and says as much as Jack rushes to her - we don't need to explain if it's time paradox or Aku being dead, doesn't particularly matter
>Jack cradles her, guilt warring with panic, maybe pleads with her not to go or to live, don't oversell it
>Ashi comforts him, thanks him for saving her life, thanks him for loving her, and asks him for a farewell kiss
>Jack goes to comply, but
>she's gone
>lingering shot of Jack alone in Aku's wasteland as the sun comes out

>A brief montage of Jack returning home
>But what is initially joyous becomes confusing and then somber
>show signs of the kingdom being rebuilt, but Jack keeps to himself
>Wood carvings of friends to the future in his room? Empty spot for Ashi. He can't bring himself to fill that one.

>cut to the tree scene as it happened
>show a somewhat more sombre Jack still rallying as he looks out on the live and world that has been saved without Aku
>this is a world Ashi would have loved
>fin
>>
>>92574984
Pretty sure he means a 1080p rip, not madrid's.
>>
>>92574984
>plebbing so hard you'll settle for TV rips
lel
>>
File: d96.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>92574997
This would have been perfect.
>>
File: aku.gif (835KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aku.gif
835KB, 500x375px
I was happy Jack returned to the past (as he should have) but didn't like that Ashi came along. She should've died right away but I'm glad she died anyway. It's like Genndy heard our complaints about Ashi and decided to give us this one final thing, and for that I'm thankful. Genndy might not have taken the best route to the ending, but the end result (back in the past, no aku, no ashi) I am very content with.
>>
is there a WEB-DL link out yet?
>>
>>92572462
But why exactly did the time stream just catch up right then and there? Like why not the second they killed Aku?
>>
>>92574997
This
This is literally the most perfect ending the show could have ever wanted
>>
>>92574497
Kind of reminds me of JoJo

That would have been more satisfying than what we got.
>>
File: 1465364162864.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1465364162864.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>92572462
>>
>>92575112
>>92575056
I mean, if you want to stay bittersweet. Personally, I was hoping for a happy ending for a couple of heroes.
>>
>>92572462
This is fucked up.
>>
File: 1494329048585.jpg (94KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1494329048585.jpg
94KB, 872x685px
>literally nothing mattered at all: the series
This is what kills the series for me. Not a single thing after the first episode had any point or meaning what so ever at the end.
>>
File: 1491707321582.jpg (166KB, 1280x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1491707321582.jpg
166KB, 1280x1442px
>Ashi, you can make a time portal!
>YUP, let's go
>so long, suckers. your lives meant nothing. I'll remember you all in therapy
>>
>>92575301
All Jack says is "Ashi! You have Aku's powers!" I think he was just happy she could fight back against Aku. Ashi's the one who thought of the time travel solution, and Jack even looks surprised when she does it. Don't think he expected it.
>>
>>92575282
jack helped everyone in the future so that they would eventually get the courage to stand up to aku and help him get back to the future, which is what happened in the finale. If you had watched season 1 to 4 instead of starting at season 5 because everyone else on /co/ was watching it you would have understood this.
>>
>Jack pretty much killed every single person he helped in the future

ok...
>>
>>92575442
No, worse than killed. If he killed them they would at least enjoy the afterlife.

He literally wiped them off from existence.
>>
>>92575455
Jack is worse than Aku.
>>
>>92574997
i like it
they must have been out of their minds to kill of ashi at such a random time
how'd they fuck it up so bad after working on it for all this time?
>>
>>92575505
I dunno. I can't think why Genndy would do that for a cheap emotional yank of the chain. It hasn't really been in his, Jack's, or this season's style or just go 'fuck you, feel this.'
>>
>>92575301
>therapy

I'm pretty sure feudal japan didn't tolerate anything that needed therapy
>>
>>92573405
Better ending
>Ashi breaks free
>sends only Jack back in time because if she can send herself back in time then couldn't Aku send himself back in time to follow them?
>Ashi still "dies" but we don't have a stupid time paradox ending instead
>>
>>92572565
Mah underrated nigga. This was a shitty ass season after episode 3 and only 9 was a saving grace because of Squidmouche and Aku.

Basically Aku saved this season from being a complete trainwreck because he was such a great villain. These dumbfucks should be mourning his death over some bitch you can't care for even with maximum effort.
>>
>>92572462
I could not give a single shit, ashi was such a forced thing and honestly a pretty empty character. Honestly for a second I almost laughed at how comically bad it was.
>>
>>92572462
Honestly I burst out laughing. Several people called it.
>>
>>92572500
You consumerist American pig is unable to comprehend the way great Eastern born people craft scenes. If Jack spewed out an over-dramatic 'NNNNNNOOOOOOO' that would be ridiculous and ruin everything.
>>
File: ЭДЖИ.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
ЭДЖИ.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
>>92575696
>>
>>92575473
>>92575455
>>92575442
Even Hitlers like

>At least Das Juden are in Heaven, commandant Jack
>>
>>92572500
>it wasn't even emotional
I am saying this seriously
You might have problems with empathy and social cues.
>>
>>92573216
What would happen if Jack never fell down the cliff?
>>
>>92572462
Damn it. This was Western Animation's chance to be a little less gay.
>>
>>92574692
gurren lagan explained that shit long bfore the wedding, everyone knows Nia is going to disappear

genndy didnt explained jack shit before shes gone her disappearance is gonna confuse lots peopel if she only say lol i love u k sorry bout the wedding
>>
>>92576401
What would happen if Jack died in the river?
>>
>>92572462
>Mako died for this
>>
>>92576050
>thinking its about Ashi at all.

Its a fucking plot device you fuck. I felt so bad for Jack. It has nothing to do with her. The man struggle for 50+ years to get back and almost went insane and the only thing he won Ashi and friends are gone.
>>
File: Ashi The End.png (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi The End.png
2MB, 1280x1280px
>>92576717
Perhaps the greatest sin of all.

Also, how the fuck is everyone I knew and loved got blinked out of existence to kill one person "bittersweet?" Someone buy Genndy a dictionary.
>>
>>92576634
>genndy didnt explained jack shit before shes gone
I found it funny that Ashi had to literally exposition away her disappearance while it was happening.
>>
>>92576822
>Also, how the fuck is everyone I knew and loved got blinked out of existence to kill one person "bittersweet?"
You mean Aku? He's not a "person", he's a primordial darkness given form by Japanese magic. I think Genndy meant it was bittersweet in that Jack accomplished his goal from the whole series, and went back to the past to Kill Aku. He was able to "undo the future that is Aku", but so many things we loved were part of that future.
>>
>>92576351
Admit it

It was forced to be emotional just for the "dying at the wedding" cliché

Very poorly writed imo.
>>
...Aku was right...Kack will always be alone.
>>
>>92572462
Finally, a worse love story than Twilight
>>
File: Ashi Ass.png (482KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi Ass.png
482KB, 1080x1920px
>>92576902
Erasing a shitton of people is still something I would expect from Dr Who and about as evil and sick as you can get. The only sweet we get from this bittersweet is that hopefully the man can no longer molest this poor series.
>>
>>92572638
>SU over star

No anon, you're the faggot
>>
>>92577046
>Erasing a shitton of people is still something I would expect from Dr Who and about as evil and sick as you can get.
What part of "now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku" did you not get all this time?
>>
>>92574779
>nia lasted because she willed it
>implying ashi couldnt have done the same thing

Maybe if ashi continued to deny her connections to aku she could have lasted longer. It seems thats what it was because she swooned a first time after his defeat if im not mistaken and then a second time at the wedding.
>>
File: 005.jpg (1MB, 2096x3044px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
1MB, 2096x3044px
>>92572565
>>OMG BEST SHOW EVA!!!!
you know it bro
>>
File: I did kill him.png (505KB, 784x633px) Image search: [Google]
I did kill him.png
505KB, 784x633px
Well whaddya know.

I DID win, foolish samurai.
>>
File: vwpLE0nE.png (351KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
vwpLE0nE.png
351KB, 512x512px
>>92573849
he helped set it in and brought the new wave
>>
File: 1493707112393.jpg (369KB, 3204x1546px) Image search: [Google]
1493707112393.jpg
369KB, 3204x1546px
I waited so long only to watch fan fiction.
>>
What makes it stings is the fact that there was no last words of love. There were no words spoken.
>>
>>92572462
Call me edgy or whatever, but the show did such an awful job of getting me to care about Ashi that in the moment I sorta just laughed and said "good".

Seriously, the I love you was the worst shit ever. Even beyond the whole romance being unnecessary to begin with, the two had only known each other for, like, a week tops. Bad writing, bad pacing, simple as that. I genuinely don't understand how someone could have enjoyed that ending. I was shocked at how bad it was.
>>
>>92577370
People used to get married after knowing each other for two weeks all the time.

Considering Jack was basically a beta perma virgin in aku's future its logical he would become attached to a female companion so quickly like he has done before.
>>
All of the proposed endings in this thread as just as bad if not worse than the one we got

/co/ is fucking autistic
>>
>>92572462
It feels good. Best ending
>>
>>92577424
It would have been better if jack didn't go back.

He should have just killed aku in the future and stayed. We, the audience, are more connected to the future than the past anyways and care more about the characters that are now gone.
>>
>>92572638
>steven universe

mcfucking kill yourself
>>
>>92577419
That explanation does nothing to make it feel more convincing or less forced to me the viewer though, so it's not worth much.
>>
>>92575455
They were there supporting him, Aku even brings this up
>>
>>92572991
A foolish Samurai Buck, wielding a magic fundoshi, steps forth to fuck everything up.
>>
>>92577370
Weeks or months. You don't cover the ground they did in 4-9 in a week, especially not if you're using your feet or the occasional animal.
>>
File: 3.jpg (219KB, 1132x1698px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
219KB, 1132x1698px
What we really needed is final epilogue showing the new, better future with all of Jack's friends gathered at a statue for him.

They don't know each other, and never knew him, but have the strangest feeling of familiarity.
>>
>>92573420
>We would've seen GhostJack again

FUCK MAN I WANT THIS ENDING
>>
File: aku sad.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
aku sad.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>92572462
It hurts... It wasn't supposed to give me such unwanted feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF_tn-VBt3U
>>
>>92577471
That's bullshit, listen to what other futurefags are saying, and let go of the past so you can build a better future
>>
>>92574833
>>92574870
>shit cartoon fans have shit taste
Go fig, you tumblr rejects.
>>
File: Fuck Your Food.gif (498KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Your Food.gif
498KB, 500x281px
>>92577541
>steps forth to fuck everything up
Jack beat him to it.
>>
File: RM.png (2MB, 1747x1089px) Image search: [Google]
RM.png
2MB, 1747x1089px
>>92572462

>Doesn't feel so good, does it?

No it doesn't. It hurts.
>>
>>92574808
What is love?
>>
You fuckers wanna know the real kicker.
>Jack cant age due to time fuckery that happened to him.
>Jack will now literally outlive everybody he ever loved and continue living into the future and beyond.
>Never being able to die.
>And revert back to suicidal Jack.
>>
>>92573545
>>92577727
>Ashi sends Jack back
>Jack defeats Aku in the past
>Jack remains immortal, lives as a wandering hero for eternity
>Spiritual incarnation or some bullshit has a non-Aku Ashi born in a peaceful future
>Fate has her and Jack meet again
>>
>>92577751
>He just has to live for a thousand years in order to meet her again.
>Implying Jack wouldn't have lost his mind by year 500 and become some kind of nightmare fuel.
>>
>>92577727
Pretty sure he was only immortal in the future because he wasn't supposed to be there. The idea that Jack is gonna be some lonely immortal who will lose his remaining loved ones and never see any of them again is downright hideous.
>>
>>92574997
I have them church choir shit singing on my head midway reading... Damn I can actually bring myself to like the episode more if it ended like this instead of the TTGL route.
>>
>>92577727
Kinda like Cain
>>
Jack should've instantly aged 50 years and died while Ashi was disappearing. No happy ending for either.
>>
>>92577795
Jack would probably have a pretty chill time just doing whatever in a world that would at worst have some minor bad guys popping up every now and then, nowhere close to the cosmic evil that Aku caused to fester.
Ashi's mom would still be a massive evil thundercunt, and Jack would have to break Ashi's conditioning again.
>>
File: 1495371398704.png (251KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
1495371398704.png
251KB, 600x405px
You faggots would have bitched and moaned no matter what happened.
>>
File: 1420625537264.jpg (228KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1420625537264.jpg
228KB, 1024x1024px
>rewatch the guardian episode because it's been years since I saw it
>mfw thinking about what we got compared to what we could have gotten

Why the fuck did they drop this plotline with nothing but an off-screen death to explain why? It was a setup for a way better ending than the one they went with and they just ignored it.

It's like they were bowling with the lane guards up and the ramp down where all they have to do is push the ball to get a strike, and they somehow manage to throw it backwards and murder the guy working at the shoe counter instead.
>>
>>92577491
All I'm saying is that is a consistent character trait in jack to be attached to females quickly and that blowing up in his face later.
>>
>>92572462
Not at all. It kind of just happened and I sat there just wondering if that was it. I'm sure plenty of people already compared it to the TTGL ending, but that ending stung because Simon and Nia's relationship was something that was built on through multiple episodes. Not to mention even though she disappears at the end, both of them are content and happy. In SJ, I didn't give a flying fuck about Jack and Ashi's "romance". So when this happened I couldn't care less other than how underwhelming it was to see Samurai Jack end like this.
>>
>>92577943
>ending was different than what literally everybody expected
>this is a bad thing
>>
Biggest disappointment of 2017 for me

>>92577939
Yeah, but we have a legitimate reason to now
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (71KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
71KB, 639x595px
>>92572462
>Ashi had a hard life
>Scotsman, the doggos, the archers
>Da Samurai

None of them exist anymore.
>>
>>92572462
Yes, and Genndy is a hack for this abomination he calls an 'ending'.
>>
>>92572638
Leave you trash
>>
>>92572462
Literal plagiarism

See me after class /10
>>
>>92572638
>good show
>steven universe

Well memed friendo
>>
>>92576351
No, it was poorly directed. A lot of people have drawn comparison to the TTGL scene, which is also rushed, but it had the forethought to put in a proper goodbye.
>>
>>92575282
Let me guess, you always pressed mute during the intro, right?
>>
>>92577990
It was fine. Jack returned to the past and undid the future that was Aku but his love died. If he didn't return to the past everyone would bitch and if Ashi didn't die everyone would've bitched that her still existing made no sense or that she was a mary-sue.
>>
>>92572462

Blatant rip-off of Gurren's Lagann ending which was pulled off way better;

>Elaborate final battle
>Actual build-up
>Sense of accomplishment despite everything
>Message about how great humans are
>>
>>92572462
Did anyone else enjoy the last scene at least?

I felt that it represented how Jack lost the one thing that gave him hope in his time of darkness but the lady bug showed that it all still happened and the hope that Ashi brought will stay with him always. That scene on its own was really beautiful, I just wish it didn't feel like it happened so fast, as if we went from A to C. Though the scene itself was a solid send off to the themes built up this season and to the series as a whole in my opinion.
>>
>>92577936
>Bad guys popping up from time to time.
>Jack would literally have to live through multiple wars, two world wars, holocausts, genocides, numerous dark things that Aku did himself.
>Implying he would not lose his mind with madness over the world he saved and become the death of human race/generic anime shit like everything else.
>>
>>92574293
if you count the comics he did it three times
>>
>>92572565
>>92572992
People like you are why there is so much suffering in this world.
>>
File: 1468865797107.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1468865797107.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>92576293
Not him, but that's not quite it. Instead of Ashi disappearing as soon as Aku is killed, years pass by first. They rebuild their entire kingdom from ashes and all of Jack's mentors travel from around the globe to see the wedding. Then suddenly at the wedding, Ashi collapses. The amount of time that passed and the tone in her voice made it come off as "Jack, I just remembered, I should be dead." As if the effects of Aku being killed only took effect because Ashi thought about it too hard.
>>
>>92578157
Yeah, especially because I'm into poetry unironically. See >>92566589 The world is full of beauty so Jack's journey wasn't pointless, in spite /co/ opinion
>>
File: wasted.png (272KB, 764x625px) Image search: [Google]
wasted.png
272KB, 764x625px
>>92572462
What did you expect? A hug and a kiss?
>>
File: 54c[1].jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
54c[1].jpg
31KB, 600x400px
>>92578504
>>
>>92573366
There are no good cartoons and there never will be.
>>
File: IMG_5421.jpg (121KB, 884x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5421.jpg
121KB, 884x961px
>>
>>92576351
I was more confused like "that's it?"
>>
>>92574106
Their diet got better.
>>
>>92576413

it succeeded imho

the haters here are just a vocal minority
>>
File: Strange_friend.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Strange_friend.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
WHO THE FUCK WAS THIS?
>>
>>92578504
but he DID get a hug and a kiss...
>>
>>92574692
Are you joking? Have you seen this board? If not everything is explained people here will sit at their computers and cry.

Also Gurren Laggan explained what had happened literally a line after this scene occurred.
>>
>>92572998
>at first I was like
>but then i
>>
>>92578745
The purple haired girl.
>>
>>92578629
Reverse image searching led me to the uncensored version which was far better than I was hoping for.
>>
>>92576988
Who the fuck is kack?
>>
>>92578745
The street urchin who stole Jack's clothes?
>>
>>92575282
Yes it did. You just watched an episode where every character Jack ever saved came back to rescue him. If it wasn't for those episodes of Jack helping them in the past, they wouldn't have done shit for him.
>>
>>92578745
A crouching imukandi?

It really doesn't fucking matter; Jacks been running around so much it could be anyone.
>>
>>92578629
Uncensored where?
>>
>>92577584
This. Honestly the only thing I would have really preferred out of the episode, aside from a few other minor things.
>>
>>92572462
Imagine being Jack in this scene and having to be all "Damn, Ashi, you so fucking nonexistent."
>>
>>92578504
Yes
>>
>>92575455
>He literally wiped them off from existence.
Hey, at least they don't have to deal with fucked up future anymore.
>>
File: 31434.jpg (61KB, 1200x904px) Image search: [Google]
31434.jpg
61KB, 1200x904px
Why couldn't Jack just have a happy ending? Why did paradoxes and time erasures have to be a thing? Why couldn't he and Ashi go back to the future after their wedding to kill future Aku and save their friends and then help rebuild future earth?
>>
File: SO MAD.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
SO MAD.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>92577623
>Being this mad
>Just accept the fact it was shit bro
>>
File: Hi my name is Brak.png (384KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hi my name is Brak.png
384KB, 1280x720px
>>92578745
its obvious
>>
>>92578745
...Wait, yeah who was that?!
>>
>>92572462
>Here lies Jack.
>He never scored.
>He was a FOOLISH SAMURAI!
>>
>>92578950
>greentexting the statement
You're still a faggot tho
>>
>>92572462
No, I'm glad waifufags got BTFO.
>>
>the final battle between Samurai Jack and Aku isn't a long cool fight
>it's a 1 minutes fight where Jack stomps on Aku
I'M MAD
>>
>>92578745
TWEET THAT MOTHER FUCKER!
>>
>>92575696
>all these waifufags crying over the poorly developed, forced female MC whose only purpose was to die for dramatic tension
>no one cares that Aku just got killed off in a heartbeat after having all of his screen time sucked away to go to Ashi

Faggots, all of you. Mako doesn't deserve this.
>>
>>92578629
>>92578629
>>92578629
FUCKING SOURCE
>>
File: zorak on the left.png (900KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zorak on the left.png
900KB, 1280x720px
>>92578952
hmmm
>>
>>92579029
Aku was never a match for Jack, especially his past self.

That's kind of the whole point of the show.
>>
File: No, actually.gif (128KB, 610x324px) Image search: [Google]
No, actually.gif
128KB, 610x324px
>>92572462
>>
>>92579090
BUT THE OTHER FIGHTS WERE ENTERTAINING
THIS WAS NOT
>>
File: 1456004262157.gif (1MB, 400x221px) Image search: [Google]
1456004262157.gif
1MB, 400x221px
>>92574997
whoa! Pretty guod!
>>
>>92579090
The point of the show was a samurai from the past fighting things in the magical future with aliens with cool fights
>>
File: 1469554504159.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1469554504159.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>92577623
>Blatantly copies TTGL ending
>Warhammer 40k levels of retcon
>gets called out on it
"t-t-tumblr shit taste!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>92578981
kek says the guy that's still seething with tard rage. It sucked cuck, get over it.
>>
>>92579119
The other fights against his stronger, future self. Where his injured past self can't compare.

It's almost like Aku sent him into the future for a reason.
>>
The future people lived terrible lives under Aku and the world was filled with evil aliens and robots. It was better that Jack went back in time and prevented it all.
>>
>>92578929
This. So tired of the bittersweet meme.
>>
I would've liked if there was some word on what happened to everybody in the future. It's not even clear whether any of them still exist
>>
>>92579186
How do you suck a cuck?
>>
File: 1495346729058.jpg (414KB, 1365x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495346729058.jpg
414KB, 1365x767px
In the end, Shaggyfag was right
>>
>>92574997
Very good, much more like Kill la Kill
>>
File: dust in the wind.jpg (314KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dust in the wind.jpg
314KB, 1600x1200px
>>92578929
Life doesn't have happy endings
>>
>>92579033
does genndy even have a twitter?
>>
>>92577623
Lol, get a load of this fucking faggot
>>
>>92578157
The last episode having the exact same story beats but stretched out to 1 hour/40 minutes would have brought it up from a 5/10 to a 8/10. The pacing really really killed what Genndy was going for.
>>
Anyone else laugh their ass off when they setup a wedding that would've taken weeks to perform and at the altar she realizes she can't exist and just NOPES out of existence?
>>
>>92578745
Considering Moltar was in the previous episode and Zorak had a cameo earlier in that episode, it was clearly Brak.
>>
>/co/mblr hates this show.

This only makes me like it even more.
>>
>>92577701
bb dont hert me
>>
>>92579369
Then where was Space Ghost?
>>
>>92572991
Pretty sure that's his uncle.
>>
>>92579365
>months
You mean years. They completely rebuilt the destroyed city as well.
>>
>>92572462
no, cuz ashi's dead, BUT THE PORN WILL LIVE FOREVER
especially the loli smut
>>
File: The Magician and Sortiara.jpg (3MB, 1920x1459px) Image search: [Google]
The Magician and Sortiara.jpg
3MB, 1920x1459px
>>92572462
This is why you never get close to dark waifus
>>
>>92579290
Nihilistic faggot. That's what cartoons are for.
>>
>>92579365
>NOPES out
erasing time takes TIME bro
>>
>>92579290
Only if you're an /r9k/autist
>>
>>92579202
That's like saying we should erase Africa because most of the people living their have shitty lives.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (21KB, 700x281px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
21KB, 700x281px
>>92578504
No bully pls
>>
>>92579581
yes..just like that
>>
>>92578745
Fuck, I forgot about that! They never answered this
>>
Gurren Lagann ending makese sense because the whole story in TTGL is allowing death to make way for future generations. It's a show about evolution and doing your best for the future. That's why Nia has to die and why Simon becomes a hobo.

Samurai Jack ending makes sense because... I guess they didn't know what to do with Ashi.
>>
>>92578504
I WANT SUMT, LOADS AND LOADS OF SMUT!!!
>>
WHERE IS MUH WEB-DL?!
>>
File: Wut+anime_2d11e3_5848371.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wut+anime_2d11e3_5848371.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Best of both worlds
faggots eternally btfo because jack is straight
waifufags eternally btfo because she disappeared RIGHT AT THE WEDDING
Holy fuck genndy really pulled through for me
>>
File: jack never scored.png (374KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
jack never scored.png
374KB, 1275x1650px
As much as I liked the idea of Jashi, I found myself laughing my ass off at this ending. Mostly because I knew the reaction /co/ and Tumblr were gonna have but also because Aku is a master cockblocked

Even in death, he made sure Jack could never get the pussy.

Also, hold on a fucking minute, is Jack still immortal?
>>
so.....
jack is now an immortal warrior with basically tons of experience with things beyond imagination?
>>
>>92579693
You make a good point I guess. Still, I wanted to see Jack happy.
>>
Jack finds a way to bring Ashi back and nobody can tell me otherwise!
She even had Aku's powers so she could open portal across timelines so they can visit either the future or Jack's family/time. Maybe even discover some new adventures together.
>>
How do you make a grave, for someone who never existed?
Everything Ashi ever were just a piece of Jack's memory.
>>
>>92579722
>Also, hold on a fucking minute, is Jack still immortal?

Probably not, since he's back where he's "supposed" to be. I can't imagine Genndy being so incredibly cruel as to make Jack alone and immortal. Then again, I didn't expect Genndy to have Ashi kill herself by giving Jack his pas back.
>>
File: gf.jpg (34KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
34KB, 500x368px
>>92579722
Jack is likely fucked and immortal, assuming of course going back in time undid the effects of time travel, but come to think of it, was a 50 year timeskip really necessary?
>>
>>92579736
E N D L E S S

S U F F E R I N G
>>
>>92579693
>because jack is straight
When the fuck he wasn't straight? His childhood flashbacks showed him kissing some girl, he fell for girlaku few times and shit
>>
>>92578745
It was someone from the Ultrarobots episode
>>
>>92579722
he scored...but his efforts were.."erased"
>i 'm almost seeing a Robot chicken joke about that, involving a contraceptive pill
>>
>>92579722
>he made sure Jack could never get the pussy.
He is world saviour hero from reach family, he can swim in pussies if he wants to
>>
I feel like the end could have been better but it accomplished what it needed to accomplish. Jack got back to the past, and Aku was destroyed. The thing with Ashi dying, yeah it was cheap and rushed, but it was a means of severing all his ties to a future that no longer exists. They only had ten episodes to tell a story and they did the best they could, plus any other ending would still leave people butt hurt.
>>
>>92579771
The 50 year gap was a really cool plot device, but it fell by the way side, rather than becoming part of the narrative.

If it were me, I'dve kept Jashi, but it would be a subplot rather than a mainplot.
>>
What if Ashi only stopped existing because she thought about how it didn't make sense that she still exists?
>>
File: DAJgJZ1XsAU6jh2.jpg (33KB, 475x395px) Image search: [Google]
DAJgJZ1XsAU6jh2.jpg
33KB, 475x395px
>>92579787
Literally go on tumblr the day of jashi confirmed and look at the asshurt caused by jack fucking a chick
Literally btfoed because he wasn't a faggot
>>
>>92579830
>if he WANTS to

Exactly
>>
>>92579888
>this shit ending doesn't make sen
>oh shit
>poof
>>
>>92579858
>means of severing all his ties to a future that no longer existjack could do some pretty things like the tech and advanced knowledge
for me he's bassically the god of his world and time
>>
>>92579914
I'm reminded of that spongebob episode

>But at least we have fire!
>Hey if we're underwater, how can we have a-
>*fire goes out*
>>
>>92579888
>>92579914
Schroedinger's Descartes
>>
>>92579908
I could never see Jack gay, even if he was, he would just live a righteous life and not fucking any butts.
>>
>>92579908
I mean it doesn't make sense. Where was the slightest hint that implied he was a fag? I can get fags who say "hurr durr cap is gay for baki" since he does seems faggy overprotective of him but there is nothing like that with jack
>>
>>92579991
*bucky
>>
>>92579979
depending on the type of culture his Japan had, he could totally be gay. A bunch of samurai were gay as fuck back in the day.
>>
>>92579979
Tumblr doesn't care. To them, every character ever has to be gay/trans/mentally ill because reasons.

It's the most insulting thing to gay people I've ever seen, really.
>>
>>92579991
>Where was the slightest hint that implied he was a fag?
sickness doesn't need reasons
>>
>>92580019
>tumblr
are you fucking serious? 4chan does the same fucking thing with chicks and dudes as well when it comes to them being gay or not. Hell, I remember everyone trying to push those two chicks from frozen together so hard. Look at the fucking voltron thread.
>>
>>92580104
yes, but 4chan does it in a funny way
>>
>>92580143
oh bullshit, it's the same fucking way. we even do the same "is this dude autistic" as well
>>
>>92580104
4chan is more
>Hey lol, what if this dude was gay? Wouldn't that be funny/cool?

Tumblr is more
>This character IS gay NO MATTER WHAT and if you disagree you are (put whatever bullshit "-ist" here)
>>
>>92579991
Wanna know what is the argument that Tumblr uses to say that Jack is gay? Ta-da!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOeo_zHTWB4
>>
thirteen years have passed, but... I do not age. Time has lost its effect on me.
Yet, the suffering continues. Season Five's grasp chokes the past, present... and future generations. Hope is lost.

Got to get back — back to the kino... Samurai Jack
>>
>>92576351
it was shit and even shittier because it was worse than the TTGL version
>>
>>92572559
Dude Gurren Lagann had a great ending, Gendy just pulled down his pants and took a big shit on paper and called it an ending
>>
>>92579212
>>92579290
The autism is strong with these anons
>>
File: 03a.png (184KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
03a.png
184KB, 540x338px
>>92572638
>steven universe
I liked this show back during season 1-3. season 4 onward is just a trainwreck tho, all pacing and character development is forgotten until convenient. You get a week of "muh plot" then a bunch of townie bullshit filled with mediocre characters.
peri is still a qt tho not gonna
>>
>>92572462
No. It hurts too much to be just a sting.
>>
>>92576351
It was shit version of TTGL so the only thing I thought watching the ending was "Oh fuck, they are not seriously going to rip-of... they actually did"
And Ashi's last words being "I'm dying because aku is ded lol" make it absurd whether you watched ttgl or not
>>
What the fuck happened to Demongo
>>
File: PBZYwWV.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
PBZYwWV.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>92572462
>TFW PIC RELATED
>>
File: 1484590574032.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1484590574032.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
Ashi could have stayed in the future to help fight Aku instead of dooming all of Jack's friends to death
>>
>>92580726
Funny thing you posted that pic, because judging from Jack's reaction he didn't know shit
Seriously, why the fuck she didn't tell it to him in advance? It seemed like a legit betrayal to me
>>
>>92580791
I don't think she knew she was gonna zero-sum out of existence until it started physically happening.
>>
>>92580791
Someone suggested it didn't happen until Ashi realized it, but then you wonder why she's thinking about Aku at her wedding.

Alternatively she was constantly fighting it but was hoping in vain she could hold it off forever until it was too late.
>>
>>92577424
I really doubt they're any worse than "ASHI, YOU HAVE AKU'S POWERS!"
Stop sucking Genndy's cock.
>>
>>92580892
I doubt it. She was in pain immediately after Aku's death and told Jack why she was fading, like she already knew that would happen.
>>
So...

Should I watch Gurren Laggan?
>>
>>92580726
>get all dressed up for your dear friends' wedding
>even bought them a new blender
>bride fucking dies at the altar
>groom knew about it and promptly fucks off to become a wandering hobo
>there isn't a reception

Anyway, requesting Simon and Jack chilling together fondly remembering their waifus.
>>
>>92581013
Absolutely
>>
>>92580783
that's because they actually put in the time to create a good relationship and good character development instead of sticking to ten fucking episodes.
>>
Is there a 1080p mega yet?
>>
>>92580981
Could be she didn't want Jack to think he'd unintentionally murdered her, if that was the case. Can't see him handling that well.

>>92580957
I mean, she might be thinking "this is too good to be true," and then her mind wanders to the fact that technically, it IS too good to be true.

Your second point's not implausible, I suppose. Might tie in with >>92580981 's opinion that Ashi knew she was approaching an existential failure.
>>
>>92581013
Ye
>>
>>92580104
That's called /co/mblr anon
>>
File: 1488966389311.gif (3MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488966389311.gif
3MB, 267x200px
>>92572462
>Jack had no problem undoing the reality of all those people/lifeforms he saved and who in turn risked their shit to save him for Aku
>>
>>92580016
I tried to find information about this but couldn't.
Just some isolated cases.
>>
>>92581233
it doesn't help that a bunch of the stuff was destroyed when westerners came over
>>
>>92581055
>Could be she didn't want Jack to think he'd unintentionally murdered her, if that was the case. Can't see him handling that well.
Yeah, because it's so much better to suddenly die at your wedding, dump info on him and then leave him all alone instead of telling him about it in advance, going through with it together and telling him it's not really his fault
Why could possibly go wrong? It's not like she saw Jack being suicidal before... oh wait, she fucking did and barely managed to stop him from killing himself
>>
>>92581205
Jack didn't know that would happen.
>>
>>92580791
>Funny thing you posted that pic, because judging from Jack's reaction he didn't know shit
I was talking more about us, anon. The picture is to show that we should have known some shit was going to happen since Gennedy already said the ending to SJ was going to be bittersweet.
>>
>>92581271
I didn't say it was the right choice, only that if it WAS a choice I can see a certain logic for why she made it.
>>
File: 1489463163482.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489463163482.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Best character in the series never existed
>>
>>92581333
In an Aku-less future, he's X-9's wisecracking sidekick at his private detective agency.
>>
Im fine with cliches like "the girl dies by saving ghe world" (directly or indirectly), but God, she explaining that shit was terrible. Such a poorly written use of the concept
>>
File: Aya.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aya.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Aya > Nia > Ashi
>>
>>92572462
It was rushed
>>
>>92580752
I hope you realize how stupid that is.
Even if she stayed in the future and even if they managed to kill aku in the future it would all be undone by jack killing aku in the past.
>>
File: 1482856234443.jpg (23KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1482856234443.jpg
23KB, 406x364px
>>92581273
Then why did they travel back in time and not just kill Aku then and there? Nah fuck that. That ending was ass and the whole season was a flat 7/10
>>
>>92581396
But he wouldn't though.
>>
>>92581440
>Then why did they travel back in time and not just kill Aku then and there?

I don't think there was thought behind it, just Ashi realizing she could give Jack what he wanted AND stop Aku and just immediately doing it.
>>
>>92581290
Maybe, but it seemed really cruel and out-of-character for Ashi to just keep Jack in the shadows and let him suffer alone like that
>>
>>92581440
Why didn't Jack kill Aku when he had the chance all those times in the previous seasons? Because Aku would always find a way to escape, all that help he got in the future couldn't do shit to Aku.
Better go back to to a point where you know Aku was severely weakened and finish him then and there.
>>
I fucken someone shows this Gainax so they can sue the fuck out of Gendy for deliberately ripping off their work. I don't give a shit about the shitty characters but I hate it when animators rip-off work and call it their beautiful, satisfying ending, my Ass. This why you don't trust Russians.
>>
>>92581558
She was just trying to protect him, I guess. Easy way to hurt someone.
>>
>>92572462
Not really, I have no reason to care about the female characters or their relationship.
>>
>>92572462
This was supposed to be the big dramatic emotional moment in the finale but it mostly just made me confused about how she lived so long after killing Aku. Genndy really could have done a much better job with this.
>>
File: 1485604425994.png (97KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1485604425994.png
97KB, 320x287px
>>92581566
>Why didn't Jack kill Aku when he had the chance all those times in the previous seasons?
>literally gained a sidekick who matches every of Aku's powers
They could've mopped the floor with him then and there, anon.
Seriously, it would've have been a way better ending if they just gave him a generic happy ever after and then maybe some postcredit scene showing Ashi coughing up some black Aku mucus or something like that.

>>92581551
>I don't think there was thought behind it
yea there's no doubt there
>>
>>92573366
Eh, that's a cute hypothesis. But it's wrong.
>>
I thought it was a good ending. A little rushed but, im sure even if he had the time for 3 more episodes it would have ended the same.

Bittersweet.
>>
>>92581728
Matching Aku doesn't mean she can kill him.
Only the sword could harm aku.
>>92581680
>about how she lived so long after killing Aku
Maybe the Aku in her was slowly dissolving.
>>
The ending makes no sense theme wise.
1. The entire series except for the first 3 of this season were happy and lighthearted. Even episode 9 has aku being hilarious. A bittersweet ending sticks out way too much.
2. The entire season 5 was shaped like a "hero learns to leave past behind and his failures and start fighting for the future". The entire fucking season.
>But muh intro
Yeah, no intro or pilot ever got reversed by a plot twist, right?
>>
File: kill yourself klaus.gif (751KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself klaus.gif
751KB, 500x281px
>>92577623
Haha every board is shitting on this ending.

>I'm a special snowflake and my opinion is the only correct one, while the majority is wrong
>>
>>92581933
>people actually thought he wouldnt get back to the past

I want off this board.
>>
>>92581013
At least with Gurren Laggan the bullshit ending is made up for by the rest of the show being so good
With SJ, not so much
>>
>>92572595
she should dissapear just when jack kills aku,
>>
>>92581933
>The entire season 5 was shaped like a "hero learns to leave past behind and his failures and start fighting for the future"

are you fucking retarded?
one of the BIGGEST plot points was how Jack was losing hope and felt GUILTY for letting his family and kingdom suffer and die. never once did Jack make any sort of implication that he wanted to stay in the future, I mean he fucking tried to abandon Ashi for that very reason; he knew that if they fell in love he would be conflicted and he made a deliberate decision to choose saving the past over her.

its fine to have an opinion, but its like you didn't even watch the damn show.
>>
File: angry red face.png (666KB, 1862x1920px) Image search: [Google]
angry red face.png
666KB, 1862x1920px
FUCK

Everything, the whole journey of the 5 seasons, Jack trying to undo Aku's evil and save his ancestors, completely sidelined and undermined by a shitty, shoe-horned romance. FUCK OFF.
>>
File: shaggyfag wins.png (1MB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
shaggyfag wins.png
1MB, 750x937px
>In canon, everything Ashi and Jashi never actually existed

We live in a world where Shaggyfag won, that's kind of depressing
>>
>>92574106
yeah I was thinking Jack's dad bounced back from decades of slavery real quick
>>
>>92574329
>It was amazingly perfect and I will defend it.
>It wasn't flawless

Even your own post defending it is meaningless nonsense.
>>
Having Ashi be, presumably, Aku's daughter was stupid.
I could get if the priestess drank Aku's fluid and then bedded a guy to get pregnant, and then the resulting children were influenced by Aku. Ashi would still exist then since she had two human parents (That still opens up other paradoxes then)
But to have have Aku's liquid be able to impregnate people makes little sense. We've seen how Aku's matter can corrupt people like Jack but it didn't make him start spawning things.

The ending just feels like some poorly thought out fanfic where tragedy happens because the author wants it to but doesn't want to be bothered with consistency.
>>
>>92581988
>all time portals are kill
>entire season goes on about accepting the past, learning from and uniting all the communities he saved against Aku
>"look jack im aku too now lol"
>"lol cool. TO THE PAST!"
stuuuuupiiiiiid

>>92582049
This too. If they're gonna go with a conclusion where he actually does go back in time and kill Aku, then at least have a proper fucking reuniting scene with his father and and what not. Buuut noooooo
>Were getting MARIEEEDD
Fan-fuckin-tastic
>>
>>92573213
If you listened to his interview he said he's not happy with the current state of the animation industry at all so if he even is responsible for it I think even he regrets it.
>>
>>92582048
He even had HIS OWN CONSCIENCE tell him "I won't spend eternity in this forsaken time".
>>
>>92582214
>entire season goes on about accepting the past, learning from and uniting all the communities he saved against Aku

They wanted him to get to the past you fucking mong. pay attention. He killed pas aku. which killed puture aku. so if you want to play like that, he did save them.
>>
Population growth being what it is, there's a good chance there were more people alive in Aku's future than Jack's past. And Jack had spent 50 years getting them, if not out from under Aku's thumb, at least not so miserable that they couldn't hope for better lives (and, at times, fight for them).

And then Jack went "lol you're not real people" and wiped them all out because he decided the people in the past mattered more.

...And I would actually have been okay with that if the show had even had him wrestle with it for a moment, but no, it's only addressed in terms of "Jack's sad because his waifu is gone". Massacred and entire timeline and his only second-thought was that he missed a chance to get his dick wet.

Shit ending.
>>
>>92582337
>And then Jack went "lol you're not real people" and wiped them all out because he decided the people in the past mattered more.

He had a chance to go home and he took it.

Its the whole premise of the show. He sacrificed and helped enough people to get there.

How the fuck would he know what happens to that future. How do you know, its never shown or explained.
>>
File: 1424307362735.jpg (21KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1424307362735.jpg
21KB, 230x219px
>>92573127
>WACHA

>cucked by Aku for the third time

That would have been unironicly 11/10 for me
>>
>>92572648
Better than Teenage Drama: the show.

Literally the only reason any of you like it is because you either want to fuck star or marco
>>
>>92573302
Force California to seceded from the Union then have the reincarnation of Sherman deal with them
>>
>>92572462
It only stung when TTGL did it first.
>>
File: samurai ass-pull.jpg (232KB, 853x1440px) Image search: [Google]
samurai ass-pull.jpg
232KB, 853x1440px
>yfw
>>
File: 1494402235425.png (2MB, 1286x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1494402235425.png
2MB, 1286x1875px
>>92582527
>mfw ending
>>
File: 1489495863193.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489495863193.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>92582527
>>
>>92582516
well hooray for you i have a wound that opened up because of this
>>
>>92579029
Jack fucking rekts aku every time they fight
Watch the original series m8
>>
>>92579119
WE ALL NOW HOW THIS IS GOING TO GO YOUR GOING TO SWING YOUR SWORD AND ILL FLY AWAY SAYING ILL BE BACK

Dude are you serious. they literally put that in the show to prove the point he wasnt a match.

WATCH THE SHOW BEFORE TALKING ABOUT IT
>>
>>92582337
>And I would actually have been okay with that if the show had even had him wrestle with it for a moment
I am more and more convinced that genndy isnt a good writter, just a good director (and even that was screwed in the later half) and outright never thought about timetravel implications at all.
>>
>>92582527
watching this
>"wtf if she has aku's powers why not rip a portal in time"
>"ASHI you have aku's powers!" "Oh right!"
Well fuck you got me.
>>
>>92582714
>they do something obvious and people here think its bad writing.

Kek
>>
>>92582337
this is genuinely the most aku's dick thing I've read on this website
>>
>>92572462
no
>>
>>92577370
>Call me edgy or whatever, but the show did such an awful job of getting me to care about Ashi that in the moment I sorta just laughed and said "good".

this, me and my gf fucking cheered and laughed when she faded away, partly because of how much we hated Jashi and partly because it was such an obvious TTGL ripoff.
>>
File: 1475689540329.png (308KB, 494x456px) Image search: [Google]
1475689540329.png
308KB, 494x456px
>>92575301
>so long, suckers. your lives meant nothing. I'll remember you all in therapy

god I really want to hear Phil Lamarr voice this
>>
>>92582760
I don't know what that means but nothing in that post was wrong.
>>
>>92574692
>He says whilst posting an eastern masterpiece
>>
>>92582829
>my opinion is fact

This is why i dont go on co.
>>
>>92582868
Please continue to not go here.
>>
>>92582887
and please continue thinking your opinions are fact, it really reflects your intelligence.
>>
>>92582932
I literally didn't do anything other than disagree with you, and you're flipping out like a child. Actually I didn't even disagree with you because I don't know what the fuck you were trying to convey with your mangled failure of a post, I just expressed my agreement with someone else's post. If you can't handle communicating with other human beings then get the fuck off the internet.
>>
File: kamidot.png (640KB, 1280x1211px) Image search: [Google]
kamidot.png
640KB, 1280x1211px
>>92572648
>>92572653
>>92577147
>>92577490
>>92578023
>>92578044

>all this denial

i cant wait to see your stupid faces once SU pulls a much better ending than SJ
>>
Ashi shitters on damage control

Your waifu is dead
>>
>>92582983
>disagree with an opinion
>call your opinion fact
>i didnt do anything

again, really activates my almonds
>>
>>92577370
I just... god man, I didn't even hate the last episode. I liked a good majority of it, but the ending hinged on you actually feeling something for Jack and Ashi's relationship and there just wasn't enough time given for me to care.
>>
>>92579029
Because past jack had already fought aku, IT WAS THE FIRST FUCKING THING THEY'VE SHOWED ON THAT EPISODE. Future Jack going back to that point and finishes what past jack did.
>>
>>92583119
>there just wasn't enough time given
gee

almost as if we didnt get the episode amount genndy wanted.
>>
>>92582527
I actually liked that scene. That was some quick thinking on their part.
>>
>>92579693
I'm glad I wasn't the only one laughing at both of them
>>
>>92579029
>there weasnt some le mad epin battle of the fates

Your the reason micheal bay exists.
>>
File: 1456580473191.jpg (82KB, 319x541px) Image search: [Google]
1456580473191.jpg
82KB, 319x541px
>>92583025
>Ruining TTGL with Tumblr Universe trash
>>
>>92578157
Yeah, I've grown to like it. I love the soundtrack with the ominous female voice that plays in the background too.
>>
>>92572462
Alright, once I heard about Samurai Jack being revived for a new season (but WITH BLOOD xDD) I immediately decided to sever all interest in it because I had a serious feeling it was going to be edgelord wank shit or somehow completely miss what was enjoyable about the original series in some way. I even, somehow, managed to dodge the 1488 threads a day about it on /co/.

Did they seriously introduce a girlfriend character and then completely ripoff the ending of TTGL? I'm not misreading the posts and reactions in this thread? This actually fucking happened?

You poor sons of bitches.
>>
>>92578504
What I did not expect was for Ashi to literally exposition herself to death. What I did expect? Anything else.
>>
>>92583344
Go back to church, retard.
>>
File: IMG_2459.jpg (59KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2459.jpg
59KB, 500x454px
>>92583344
Yeah, feelsbadman. Ashi was 50/50 for me but I just wanted Jack to get a happy ending after all these years.

Now I'm just hoping for some short special or something where they fulfill the Guardian's portal-vision and he gets to live in a happy noblebright future. Special or no, I'll have an autismdream that's what happens
>>
>>92582337
I'd rather not exist than be a slave
>>
>>92578220

Fucking this. It felt sloppy as fuck.
>>
>>92579401
>it's 'this board is one, ubiquitous person' again

Anon, lots of people on here didn't 'hate' it. For me personally? I liked Season 5 a lot. I just didn't think it had a compelling ending and that ultimately it was a flawed product that suffered from pacing issues.
>>
>>92572462
The only thing that could make this ending worse is if it ripped off from a medicore anime called gurren lagann oh wait
>>
>>92583344
Literally. Two episodes from the finale of the whole show, then DUDE KISSY KISSY LMAO, out of nowhere.
>>
File: IMG_8894.jpg (28KB, 575x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8894.jpg
28KB, 575x568px
>>92572638
>Steven Universe
>>
>>92577623
>>92578981
>>92572615
Man these Jack fags are in denial. Fucking faggots.
>>
>>92583344
>didnt watch the season
>still complains.

/co/ has the dumbest fucking people.
>>
>>92581829
If it had more episodes, maybe I would've actually cared about the same ending.
>>
>>92574692
goddamn, that's the most luscious bait I've seen all month

anon, you do realize it's the east that does the 'useless character only to explain everything even goddamn emotions' as well as the arenacommentator autism?

easterners have wretchedly terrible writing in almost all cases
there are at least -some - good western writers
>>
Quick everyone! The finale of Evangelion was so reviled that Anno made The End of Evangelion, where Shinji masturbates on Asuka, just to shut everyone up. Maybe if we autist so hard Jack and Ashi can get the same quality movie treatment!
>>
Episode 10 is where the writers realized they hit a dead end with Ashi's character and she literally cannot exist in any good ending

Adult Swim "you don't get a rewrite. Release it"

This got 06'd
>>
>>92584152
or get this.

They didnt have enough episodes.
>>
>>92584172
no amount of episodes would change the endgame where Ashi could not physically be involved with the action of Jack going back to the past

it really seems like the writers found this out way too late, because the script for episode 10 acknowledges the paradox but just lets it sit there without making any attempt to clarify or fix it, leaving the viewers extremely confused in the final 180 seconds of samurai jack

ultimately, this robs us of satisfaction. We are now confused, we are no longer satisfied the series is over. This only raises more questions that will never be answered. And it's all because they didn't fix the script
>>
>>92578220
Glad I'm not the only one to point that out, and I loved the ending
>>
>>92584261
>we

speak for yourself.
>>
>>92572500
Life isn't like that, anon. There's no final kiss, no farewell, they're just gone
>>
>>92583780
Lower thy sword, mein good white knight, it's not a complaint. I'm literally just asking if I have an accurate understanding of what happened in the series, and offering my condolences to the people who actually cared about the new season.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.