[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hawkman or Hawkgirl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: Hawks.jpg (126KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hawks.jpg
126KB, 461x700px
Who do you prefer? Who's the better character? Who has the better stories?
>>
>>92558658
Hawkman in the streets, Hawkgirl in the sheets.
>>
>>92558802
>not the other way around
>>
Hawkman is of course a classic staple of the JLA AND JSA and neither feels right without him.

Every Hawk revamp has been centered around Hawkman.

I liked Hawkgirl in Johns' JSA, but of course a lot of people really hated her.

The only thing I can say poor Hawkgirl is good in is the fucking cartoon, where she does really get to shine.
>>
It goes Hawkman >= Hawkwoman > Hawkman > Hawkgirl > Hawkman >>>> Hawkgirl > Hawkgirl
>>
File: Hawkwoman 05.jpg (1MB, 1962x3058px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkwoman 05.jpg
1MB, 1962x3058px
>>92558658
To me it's:
Hawkworld Katar Hol = Hawkworld Shayera Thal > Silver Age Hawkwoman > Silver Age Hawkman > Everything else.

On an objective basis Hawkworld Katar Hol is probably the best character, but I love Shayera's personality too much.

I'm not a big fan of Johns' run, or indeed of most runs that try to run with the reincarnating lovers angle. Kendra always struck me as too lukewarm. I haven't read any Golden Age Hawks tho'.
>>
File: hawkman to the rescue.jpg (553KB, 1024x1508px) Image search: [Google]
hawkman to the rescue.jpg
553KB, 1024x1508px
>>92560558
>Hawkworld Katar Hol = Hawkworld Shayera Thal > Silver Age Hawkwoman > Silver Age Hawkman > Everything else.
This is my ranking too, I think. I fucking love Katar in general but he's so damn good in Hawkworld

I do like Carter and Johns' Hawkman but I love the Thanagarian Hawks the most and Hawkworld did it best

I didn't like Kendra under Johns but she grew on me with Graymiotti

Still, Shayera >>> Shiera = Kendra
>>
File: Hawkgirl Goes Home.png (3MB, 1092x924px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkgirl Goes Home.png
3MB, 1092x924px
>>92560867
Brofist. Thanagarian Hawks are my favorite too, and I find Katar's whole culture clash thing, trapped between a fascist society he has grown disillusioned with and a revolutionary free world that's far from perfect, struggling to decide which one is more worth fighting for, is to me one of the most compelling character arcs in DC comics. They mucked it up later in V3 but while it lasted I loved it dearly.

And yeah, Shayera in any of its incarnations is just way more interesting to me than any Hawkgirl. 'Though Kendra does have a 10/10 bod.
>>
File: Hawkman no helmet.jpg (18KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkman no helmet.jpg
18KB, 236x324px
If they did a rebirth of Hawkman do you think they'd go with Carter or Katar?

Personally i wouldn't actually mind if they just tried something new with him so it wouldn't have the snarl of his other origins in there.
>>
File: HawkmanandHawkGirl.png (524KB, 1249x892px) Image search: [Google]
HawkmanandHawkGirl.png
524KB, 1249x892px
>>92558658
For the JSA issues it probably should have just said "the Geoff Johns run on JSA".
>>
>>92558658
>Who has the better stories?
I don't think either of them has good solo stories. Everytime they've been split off has been garbage.
>>
could some nice anon post a mega for Hawkman comics, I always wanted to try reading Hawkman stuff
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.