[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who did it worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: meme triangle.gif (906KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
meme triangle.gif
906KB, 350x256px
who did it worse?
>>
Gravity definetely did it worse. So many unanswered questions and the trainwreck that was Season 2B
>>
Who did worse what
>>
File: whoooo are u.png (70KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
whoooo are u.png
70KB, 500x242px
both.
>>
Of course Gravity Falls.

Jashifags are going to be insufferable for the next year.
>>
Don't even compare them. Samurai Jack had a definitive ending where the villain didn't shit himself in terms of effectiveness
>>
GF by far
>>
>>92554281
Damn that was bad. Samurai Jack was definitely worse.
>>
jack at least had a reasonably satisfying ending that was sorta rushed
>>
Jack by far

The episode overall was good but as soon as ashi pulled the "dude I have aku's power now lmao" shit and teleported them to the past like it was nothing, tt was like the entire series was thrown away at that moment
>>
>>92554281
Jack by a million, I mean holy shit.
>>
Samurai Jack. Gravity Falls was rushed, but not nearly as much as Samurai Jack. And while Aku remained a threat throughout the season instead of turning into a jibbering idiot near the ending,
>>
File: monkey.jpg (108KB, 1178x938px) Image search: [Google]
monkey.jpg
108KB, 1178x938px
>>92556239
this by far
>>
>>92556643
Bill Cipher's defeat was far more satisfying.
>>
Gravity Falls finale was basically shit from the start. It wasn't just a shit resolution but a shit episode overall
Jack at least had a good first half
>>
I've never seen Gravity Falls.
What anime does its ending rip off?
>>
Oh wow, the salt has already begun
>>
>>92556966
None. But the second half of Season 2 after an episode called 'Not What He Seems' as such a letdown.

It went from 10/10 to 0/10 in a span of 10 episodes
>>
>>92556966
ironically, also gurren lagann. The big mech part though. not the "oh noes they ded because they were part villain!"
>>
>>92556894
And then it was ruined when GS got his memory back. He should he stayed amnestic for the "sacrifice" to actually mean something.
>>
>>92554281

I always thought the Gravity Falls ending was pretty good. I guess that is because I didn't give a shit about all the hidden lore. I liked Samurai Jack's too, just because it forces so many weird questions and just how fucking hilarious it was.
>>
>>92554281
Jack.

Only good/decent episodes were the first 3.

Then it became "tolerable" with episodes 4-6.

Then went into "jumped the shark"/shit territory post episode 7.
>>
For Jack's ending to be as bad as GF, Ashi would have to disappear and then come back alive.
>>
>>92555854
>the villain didn't shit himself in terms of effectiveness

He did totally ignore Jack while he managed to break Ashi out of his grasp. He also stalled like a motherfucker trying to figure out the best way to kill him instead of just doing it. He ALSO totally failed to realize that Jack was without his sword the entire time.

That's not to speak of Scotsman as a ghost with his magic bagpipes that erase Aku's matter, Ashi breaking free only to realize she can do everything he can, having a damn wedding ceremony before they realize she shouldn't exist, etc.

Maybe I'll feel different after some time has past, but right now, frankly, they're about equal.
>>
>>92554281
Wait, people didnt like gravity falls ending? I mean, Stan getting his memories back was kinda lame but besides that it felt appropriate, not good, not bad, just appropriate.
>>
>>92555144
What fucking unanswered questions

It was laid out pretty clear in season 2B
>>
>>92554281
Jack's is less easily forgivable because of how pure kino the first 3 episodes are, and how 8/10 solid the rest of the season is, despite its flaws.

But objectively Gravity Falls. SJ was boring, but GF is a show that literally advertised itself on its mysteries and secrets, and the show completely failed to grab any interesting character developments or inner mysteries in its last few episodes, and with it left the enthusiasm that gave a real vitality to the show's writing, humor, and charm.
>>
>>92554281
gravity falls
at least aku was still cool
>>
>>92557122
agreed. Ironically it felt more real because it lasted longer, whereas in jack it's "oh noes, I'm paradox!" and then in less than a minute we go to sad mopey Jack to happy Jack because he's autistic and likes bugs
>>
>>92557490
The Aku stuff is 100% in character though and adds with everything we've seen of him this season with his relationship with Jack.

And the Scotsman crap is actually funny considering how in his very first appearance his whole ability to parry Jack's attacks makes absolutely no fucking sense, and it just keeps escalating from there.

Everything else is 100% true though. Still think Hirsh shit the bed way harder though.
>>
>>92557352
she did, she was the ladybug
>>
>>92556849
top right looks fine but they kept making it longer
>>
genndy
had 13 years
>>
Bill Cipher is better than Aku. Fuck the Jack fags
>>
File: 1290278807065.jpg (20KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1290278807065.jpg
20KB, 256x256px
They really should have split the final episode into two. First episode is killing Future Aku/Celebration party with all of Jack's friends and Ashi realizing she can time travel, second is them saying their goodbyes and actually going to the past. Everything that actually happened once they got to the past can remain the same for all I care, just don't shove it all into four minutes
>>
>>92557863
this desu.

How do you drop the ball so hard when you have literally 13 fucking years to plan it out.
>>
>>92554281
IMO the only reason Aku is considering a better villain is because
>muh jack
and nostalgia. Bill personally did much more throughout GF than Aku did in Jack. However, Aku's minions and stuff show just how awesome and commanding he really is. It's just when it comes down to it, his minions carry him.
>>
>Introduces the Cipher prophecy af the last minute
>It doesnt even work
>>
>>92554281
Gravity Falls died with Weirdmageddon part 2.
Samurai Jack died with Ashi having Aku's powers.
Samurai Jack lasted longer on the good side before it went to shit.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>We live in a timeline where Gravity Falls had an ending with better pacing than Samurai Jack
>Samurai fucking Jack
>A show that was once well known for masterfully taking its sweet time to tell a story
>And even then GF's ending still felt rushed
JUST
U
S
T
>>
Well, Samurai Jack had no equivalent to Mabel, so there's that
>>
Gravity Falls, of course
>>
>>92554281
Both had the same pretentious tug on heart strings ending theme, but Samurai Jack actually followed through on it's sacrifice. On the other hand, Genndy had 13 years to do it with far less censorship to fight. Jack will probably be remembered as the bigger disappointment.
>>
>>92568092
>Both had the same pretentious tug on heart strings ending theme

What do you mean?
>>
I wonder if Adventure Time's ending has any chance of not being disappointing
>>
Jack didn't pull the final punch with Ashi the way GF did with Stan's memories.
>>
>>92567030
Samurai Jack died at "ASHI, YOU'RE NAKED!!!!" Show turned into a bunch of bad anime romance cliches from that moment onward.
>>
>>92567452
Does Ashi count?
>>
>>92568246
>implying that's actually Stan
>implying Bill isn't possessing the decaying corpse of the twins' grunkle
>>
>>92554281
Jack, had 13 years to get it right and the only reason /co/ hated the Gravity Falls finale was that Mabel and Dipper didn't have sex like /co/ wanted
>>
>>92568689
>Mabel being erased from time, leaving Dipper an only child.
>>
>>92554281
GF
>>
File: Yung_venuz.png (205KB, 851x851px) Image search: [Google]
Yung_venuz.png
205KB, 851x851px
>>92554281
GF. Nuclear Throne has a vastly superior triangle.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.