[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you drop Family Guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: peteruniverse.jpg (161KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
peteruniverse.jpg
161KB, 1280x960px
When did you drop Family Guy?
>>
>>92540347
Season 6
>>
>>92540347
Hard to say, i just occasionally binge watch some reandom episodes on TV

They are meh
>>
>>92540347
When they went HD. They were already bad, but at that point it was completely irredeemable.
>>
I think right after it got picked back up by Fox. To this day, I'm not sure if I like those early seasons because they're genuinely good, or just because Adult Swim used to air them a lot.
>>
>>92540347
When I turned 16
>>
>>92540347
The first commercial that ran during The Simpsons
>>
>>92540347
Still better and more consistent than SU's artstyle.
>>
>>92540347
When it returned and gags went on much longer than the punchline. The first 3 seasons had rapidfire timing aka what Monty Python referred to as "Drop the cow" where as soon as you completed one gag you went on to the next. Post-cancellation, you had a lot of awkward pauses and "well that's embarrassing" garbage which did nothing except pad out the episode length.

So pretty much the beginning of season 4, I guess.
>>
>>92540504
SU's artstyle sucks, but the last episode of Family Guy I watched was so fucking stiff. Not a single character moved any of their body parts except their mouths.
>>
Why when I drop it when I can watch it rerun for hours on Adult Swim, along with the other great Seth Macfarlane shows?
>>
>>92540347
some time during high school. I remember watching it every Sunday during my 6th- 8th grades.

I think specifically was that episode where Meg got sick of the jokes and went on a rant with her each of her family members, which made Lois cry and admit how horrible of a mother she was. It was just a weird shift in tone that I really didn't like from this sort of show. I enjoyed the occasional sappy moments like in the Brian and Stewie episodes, but the writing just felt very off in this particular episode.
>>
>>92540347
The show at some point got really mean and they seem to think now that being mean is a good replacement for comedy Wich is not
I have no problems with mean shows, I like it's always Sunny in Philadelphia but that show is funny and we aren't expected to believe that the characters have an on and off switch for morality either
I remember early in the show post cancelation were Peter was already being written as a retarded and it was good, the problem isn't the characters but the way they are written, Brian is the one that was hurt the most
Also they stopped referencing movies Wich is a terrible idea, the Simpsons borrowed tons from popular movies back when it was the greatest show in the world
>>
>>92540539
They also constantly do this weird thing after almost every joke where one of the characters spells out the joke in a monotone way, as if that's funny in and of itself.
>>
>>92540604
>The show at some point got really mean and they seem to think now that being mean is a good replacement for comedy Wich is not

That would really explain a lot of internet funny people who used to be funny (or at least tolerable) but now aren't.
>>
>>92540604
>Wich
Stop that.
>>
Years ago, I don't even remember.

I don't even watch episodes that have the big shit like Brian being Dead or Quagmire talking shit to him.

I look that up on youtube once, agree to the voices in my head that it's still shit (and that the hookers need another good stabbing) and then go back to watching American Dad.
>>
>>92540347
As soon I realized how much better American dad is.
>>
Post-revival.

I was really only watching it because it was on Adult Swim, and I ended up cutting my cable not long after. Haven't seen an episode since, beyond the occasional clip.
>>
>>92540638
I remember an episode where Peter was in grade school, and he made that "hurts donut" joke everybody makes by the time they're 10. Which would be lame by itself, but then they had these two kids react to it and explain the joke. I didn't get that. Were they going for anti-humor, or just using a stupid joke as an excuse to stretch the episode longer?
>>
File: tumblr_njd33hx2Vg1sume0oo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njd33hx2Vg1sume0oo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>92540504
>implying

FRAMES

PER

SECOND
>>
When I went on ToonZone over a decade ago (yeah, forgive me), the Family Guy threads there were always full of these uptight, serious people who were mentally stuck in the 80s and hated every modern cartoon that wasn't Family Guy. They always gave stern lectures to people who ever said that the newest episode was disappointing, and they were all the biggest buzzkills I had known at that time.
>>
Brenda Q.
>>
>>92540347
I didn't though. Show's been getting better again.
>>
The first time they released a DVD collection that was half a season rather than the entire one.

I even got rid of my old pre-revival DVDs.
>>
>>92541386
how?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.