[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dread Thredd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_7707.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7707.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Man the future is fucking weird.

Any word from Karl Urban on that tv show?
Doesn't he have a Facebook or a twitter or SOMETHING?
>>
>>92532812

Last thing you want to do is sell hype when gears of development just get rolling, technically they're still in that contract/idea stage so really saying anything could tank it.
>>
>>92532812
>Emoji

Ok. You got my attention.
>>
>Dread
>>
>>92532812
How topical. This sure won't look dated in ten years. No sir.
>>
File: Dredd 3D - Brushie 01.gif (2MB, 245x347px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd 3D - Brushie 01.gif
2MB, 245x347px
>>92532812
No word from Urban yet. The most he's done is retweet the announcement. But yeah, he and Kingsley are pretty close and they had a lot of talks last year, so odds are that if the planets align and he's not super busy, he might be onboard. But it's all very much in the air right now.
>>
>>92532812
That's from the American IDW series rather than the British 2000AD / Megazine proper, isn't it? I have not heard anything good about it.
>>
File: Judge Dredd - Predator 02.jpg (41KB, 300x462px) Image search: [Google]
Judge Dredd - Predator 02.jpg
41KB, 300x462px
>>92537373
Yeah, it's from the latest Aliens vs Predator vs Dredd mini. It's written by John Layman and boy you can tell he hasn't read a lot of Dredd before. Art's pretty decent anyway, has a nice Cam Kennedy feel to it at times, but the rest feels like a waste. Especially since it follows its own continuity instead of sticking to the main one where Dredd has already fought both Aliens AND Predator.
>>
>>92534490
I don't think you understand the point of an ongoing comic series like Dredd if you think "dated" is something it has to worry about. It doesn't matter if it's "dated" 10 years from now, because 10 years from now, there'll still be new Dredd comics being released. Ongoing serialized and episodic comics allow for "living in the moment" because they're being released for the people at that time.

They want you to buy the NEW issues. Not to go digging through longboxes to track down the old issues. The "classics" get collected editions, sure, but your average Dredd comic is relegated to the weekly issue of 2000 AD and that's about it.
>>
>tfw new Cursed Earth Koburn and DEVLIN WAUGH announced in the Megazine
>tfw Koburn pretty much a fresh start; Devlin following on from the last story (which was pretty much the only decent story outside the big ones)
>tfw by this new guy everyone makes a big deal over but you think his future shocks are pretty goddamn lame
Why couldn't you have given me Devlin by KEK-W Tharg, I'm nervous now.
>>
File: judge dredd top ten crimes (2).jpg (122KB, 899x592px) Image search: [Google]
judge dredd top ten crimes (2).jpg
122KB, 899x592px
>>92537539
Don't suppose you've got an email or something you mind sharing, Judge?

>>92538246
Is Devlin following from the Radlands of Ji story, the Fangland one or the one with whatshisface, the Brit-Cit Judge with a skull for a head?
>>
File: 2000AD - Devlin Waugh Faith.jpg (1MB, 1696x2318px) Image search: [Google]
2000AD - Devlin Waugh Faith.jpg
1MB, 1696x2318px
>>92538246
The irish fellow, Rory McRorysomething? Oh dear. I knew about Koburn but this is the first time I hear about Waugh. Let's hope he doesn't fuck things up. Writing Waugh is a really tough balancing act.
>>
>>92538343
No e-mail, but if you need anything you can find me on my tumblr: judgeanon.tumblr.com.
>>
>>92538343
The very last one, where his mother is writing her memoirs and he's thinking about finding Freddie.

>>92538344
Yeah. IDK, the dude gets a great rep even from very established comics creators but I just don't see anything in his Future Shocks; they all feel pretty rehashed. He's got some Dredd coming up too, so I guess you'll see more of his personal style there.

I actually thought he was the guy behind Gunheadz and was kinda optimistic on that but from checking it that was T.C. Eglington.
>>
>>92535698
I like to think he stayed in character during the whole production
>>
>>92537373
>I have not heard anything good about it.

Never read any of the JMS stuff, but I like the current runs Mega-City Zero/Blessed Earth, they're very much their own thing.

Also the Mega City 2 mini was good
>>
>>92535698
>Kingsley
Ben Kingsley?
>>
>>92541056
Nah, Jason Kingsley, one of the two heads of Rebellion, owners of 2000AD.
>>
File: 1477976554192.jpg (947KB, 938x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1477976554192.jpg
947KB, 938x1250px
Who'd play Anderson if they can't get Thirlby back?
>>
>>92541501
Lily Labeau.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.