[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No one said "monkey"....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: monkey team.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
monkey team.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
After posting in that other thread, I decided this needed the spotlight. You'd think with such a hokey premise and a cheesy theme song it'd be just some random animu-inspired kid's fluff right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUsFLVjobug

This show really had no right being as entertaining as it was. I remember first watching th earlier episodes From the surprisingly dark imagery (that only got darker and darker as the show progressed) to a great villain in The Skeleton King and a very impressive voice cast with Mark Hamill (as the aformentioned Skeleton King) Greg Cipes, Kevin Michael Richardson, Tom Kenny, Kari Wahlgren, Clancy Brown, Corey Feldman, Ashley Johnson, James Hong, and Hynden Walch, this show was way more than just a hokey premise.

If you wanna check it out for yourself the whole series is up on YouTube (though not in the greatest quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-UKcuWcOJM&list=PLs-SPkb0a877BeHyywrJf4gFE9QQ-WBoE
>>
>>92531583
this show was pretty great all around, memorable even.

this show could be actually considered half anime considering half the staff is japanese, and i think the english and japanese dubs would be released about the same time. wish they made that movie thou.
>>
>>92531583
It was better than it had any right to be. I'm surprised it didn't do better.
>>
>>92531583
better than Gym Partner
>>
>>92531583
>>92533623
This was a show that looked phoned-in at a glance, but then if you actually watch it it starts to feel like there's some heart behind it. I will say S1 felt by the numbers, but around S2 things improved a lot.
>>
>>92531583
Is there any fiction where skeletons are the good guys
>>
The episode where the skeleton king comes to earth and merges with some sort of fucking huge worm then flies off into space, with Antauri "dying" and shiro becoming feral fucked me up as as a kid, because I thought that was the end of the series

Then maybe six months later they started showing an episode of the next season already halfway through and I was confused as to how Shiro was back and why Antauri was white now
>>
>>92533915
Skeleton Warriors I guess
>>
This series definitively needs more attention. The sound design might be cheap, but the atmosphere is top-notch.
Felt great when season 2 gutted the status quo hard too.

Bit of trivia, the maker of CN's Teen Titans also worked on this.
>>
>>92531583
Yeah, it was a thing. I could watch it if it didn't have an cliffhanger ending an actually have season 5.
>>
>>92534900
That's what they said about SJ...
>>
I never really got a chance to watch it
seeing how back then my parents canceled cable right before it came on the air
but I did remember seeing previews of it and was hyped about it
>>
I remember this show was on Jetix, and always aired in some really late hours.
I didn't like it at the beginning because the whole premise just sounded too stupid to me. But after watching couple episodes I've sucked in plot. Love plot twists like what's the past of Monkey's creator, Alchemist.
Also
>That episode with Shiro successfully wooing two anime waifus
>They're shapeshifters, and their normal look is just a snoutlike blob
>>
>>92533882
>This was a show that looked phoned-in at a glance
I blame this entirely on the title.
>>
>>92531583
This show is actually extremely good. A shame its forgotten.
>>
It pisses me off how it ended in a cliffhanger
>>
File: xbVnXRKQSzw.jpg (7KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
xbVnXRKQSzw.jpg
7KB, 188x188px
>builds a portal into the dimension of unspeakable evil
>assumes the portal is impenetrable without actually testing it
>lets his pets run around his lab freely and screw with lab equipment
>turns the portal on it front of his pets just to impress his friend
>is surprised when a monkey screws with the portal and everything goes to shit
The entire series could have been prevented by Alchemist not being a goddamn idiot
>>
>>92535423
Most of the cartoons on Jetix were really good and all of them were underrated. The only Jetix cartoon that gets recognized on /co/ is WITCH(which was also good) and that's because of waifus.
>>
File: tumblr_nb5q85qj3O1tkjcb8o1_500.png (214KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb5q85qj3O1tkjcb8o1_500.png
214KB, 480x320px
>>92531583
>be me
>huge fan of the show
>loved season one
>ends on a cliffhanger
>season 2 starting soon
>fast forward to my girlfriend's birthday
>first episode of season 2 was starting that day
>no reruns for a long time
>tfw when you stay alone in the living room, watching the show, while everyone is having fun at the party

I was 10, so, in retrospect, it was a good decision.
>>
Can't forgive the studio, for leaving the creators of the show on a damn cliffhanger...
>>
>>92531583
>whole series uploaded to YouTube

I enjoyed it whenever I caught an episode on Jetix, but the delayed lip-syncing to mimic poor anime dubs of yesterday ended up getting on my nerves.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.