[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just gonna leave this here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 16

File: Rebirth.jpg (249KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth.jpg
249KB, 1600x900px
I'm just gonna leave this here.
>>
File: 35.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>92530499
MUH DIVERSITY
>>
File: 1492103518160.jpg (57KB, 491x410px) Image search: [Google]
1492103518160.jpg
57KB, 491x410px
>>92530499
>littering
1 day in an iso-cube, creep.
>>
>Marvel, "We're totally gonna change things so all our old readers flock back to us! xd"
They proceed to keep all of their incompetent staff and have two of every character. When will they learn?!
>>
Ah yes, when I think of classic Marvel I think of Moon Girl and Riri.
>>
>>92530626
give me the quick run down
>>
Who the fuck is in the top right corner?
>>
>>92531063
Moon Girl
>>
>>92530499
>only one deadpool.
I was promised two of everyone.
Dropped.
>>
>>92530626
this desu
>>
I really get the feeling they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. That's not going to go well.
>>
>>92531151
how would you like that Mexican dude from Spooder-Man/Deadpoop that looked like Deadpool?
>>
>>92531006
this desu desu
>>
>>92531151
>yfw surprise appearance by Gwenpool
>>
>>92531031
The head of character development and content for Marvel, thinks that all white male characters should be replaced with POC/women/trans etc because a comic book character is more than its personal identity, it is its power set and design and name. those are the really important things. and those things spur all the minorities to run out and buy comics and become new customers.

as you can see, her plan failed. but marvel will continue down this road because she is a mid-30s, single muslim sjw, so they can't fire her or dress her down.

she also supports awful human beings that she's fully aware want sharia law in america, and thinks white people wont exist in the future because they'll be bred out of existence through race mixing and nonwhites having more kids.
>>
>>92531197
I think it could work if it was an actual shake up, but it isn't. It's still the same shitty writers on the same shitty books with the same shitty to non-existent editorial.

It's all so fucking pointless.
>>
>>92530499
>IT'S LIKE DC, BUT OURS IS BETTER.
Nobody gonna comment on this? First time I've seen such a direct diss.
>>
>>92531448
except its a shop
>>
>>92531532
Oh, really? Any cool merchandise? I'd like a coat like Star-Lord's.
>>
File: get_with_the_times_grandpa.png (8KB, 812x732px) Image search: [Google]
get_with_the_times_grandpa.png
8KB, 812x732px
>>92531567
although I too would like his coat
>>
>>92531567
kys
>>
>>92531640
>>92531647
The irony.
>>
Jesus I didn't even catch the shoop. I just legit can't see past the fact that they're trying to do their version of Rebirth in the shittiest way possible.

How badly is this going to screw them over, because I don't see this working out at all. Secret Empire isn't doing well for a Marvel event, DC is practically holding the Top 10 with 8 other comics, and the only thing that Marvel has out right now that's above the 100,000's is what, Spider-Man?
>>
>>92531676
There's Star Wars, if that counts
>>
>>92531729
You know it doesn't.

I'm honestly wondering if that's going to be the big announcement they're planning, some crossover with the Star Wars comics that has, for some goddamn reason, Moon Girl and Chewwie teaming up or Princess Leia and Carol complaining about being stronk wimmin.
>>
>>92531783
I'd be really surprised to learn the Disney isn't watching SW closer than the rest of the line. I don't think they'd let it happen, really.
>>
>>92530499
>>Let's remake your favorite heroes but this time just throw darts at a random gender and race board
>>
>>92530626
Claremont introduced entire diverse legacy TEAMS of whos TWICE and made it work.

I really think it all comes down to quality control. You can pick up any Marvel comic published from 66-92 or so and have a very high chance that even if it was not a masterpiece, it wouldn't absolutely suck. The writers were largely solid. Editorial insisted on a three act structure and characters with depth. Art direction made sure that inkers made up for the short comings of pencillers and so on.
Compare what Leifield and Lee did at Marvel to what they did right after if you want to see the difference quality control can make.
>>
>>92530499
>Captain America is black
>Iron Man is black
>Spider-Man is black
>Thor is a woman
>Wolvernine is a woman
>Ms. Marvel is Muslim
>Hulk is Asian

Gee, thanks Marvel, just as I remembered them!
>>
Nothing will change at Marvel til the Staff is cleared out and fully replaced with much better writers. And even that's doubtful with how Gentrified New York's been under Democratic Rule.
>>
>>92530626
>still dedicating half the pic to some rando's hot opinions
>>
>>92532182

a rando who she still retweets to this day, fully aware of that rando's beliefs.
>>
>>92530499
>Dyke Captain Marvel
>Deadpool
>Black Iron Man
>The Hulk
>Mexico Girl
>Evil Captain America
>Spider-Man
>Black, female, little girl Moon Man
>Female Wolverine
>Black Spider-Man
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Captain America
>Female Thor
>Squirrel Girl
>Meme Star Lord
>The Thing
>Black Captain America
>Muslim Captain Marvel
>...Different Hulk?

Quite the roster. I wonder how people would feel if this was the line up for MVCI.
>>
>>92531392
well she has a point about the last one. The white race is dying off aka white genocide. Birthrates are falling dramatically and we get outbreeded by muslims asians blacks and hispanics.
>>
Quick, how are they gonna taint the Fantastic Four with tumblr politics? We all know they're coming back.
>>
>>92532049

one of the main editors of the 80s-mid 90s, wrote the actual handbook (encyclopedia) to the marvel universe for fuck sake, and knew canon backwards and forwards, no one knows or cares about canon today. which means since nothing matters you can write the shittiest stories possible with no oversight.

people to read good stories with interesting characters,not stories and characters that SOLELY exist to push a political agenda.
>>
>>92532298
Invisible Woman is an illegal Mexican and uses her abilities to stay hidden on our side of the border

Human Torch is a woman who gets hotter and combusts the more mad or emotional she is

Mister Fantastic is now the movie reboot version

The Thing wasn't a rock man at all, actually was just a big muslim man with bad acne
>>
File: Fantastic Four (1961) 333-13.jpg (165KB, 429x639px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four (1961) 333-13.jpg
165KB, 429x639px
>>92530499
Marvel will never have a Rebirth so long as they stay stuck in a timeless never-aging rut where changes don't stick and actions are meaningless.
Not an endorsing the current lineup tho; a lot of those characters were created/promoted in full knowledge that they wouldn't last, and are pretty shitty because of it. Purge the problem, change the environment, detox the writers, THEN start experimenting with permanence.

Excelsior means keep moving forward. Not stand in place for 50 years.
>>
>>92532369
Girl Thing and Johnny married to Crystal are examples of progression gone very wrong, anon.
>>
>>92532430
Marrying Alicia I mean it's so horrible I couldn't even think it
>>
>>92532298
You keep it simple but constant everywhere, just believable enough if it was merely one of these things, but knowing Marvel all of these will happen at once:

Invisible Woman will not only become they undisputed team leader, she will have been revealed the real scientist behind a lot of Reed's work.

Valeria will become a full member and they push Human Torch off to keep the number at four. Young girls need representation too!

Wizard becomes an open he-man woman-hater pervert, think like DC's Dr. Light.

Thing will be educated constantly on how to properly talk to women and young people, and be insistent on everyone accommodating Alicia Masters.
>>
>>92532366
perfect
>>
File: tumblr_oovb3dDIeH1r9u466o1_1280.jpg (458KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oovb3dDIeH1r9u466o1_1280.jpg
458KB, 1080x1920px
Step up your game.

And yeah, there is not a single face in this crowd that excites me.
>>
>>92532474
>ghost rider is there
>but robbie isn't
>fucking mar-vell is there
What is Marvel doing
>>
>>92532474
Was this an attempt to make a friendly MAGA phrase?
>>
>>92531783

Would Cpt. Rex and Steve get along?
>>
>>92532504
I call this Marvel eating its own tail. Ever since the Marvel movies, specifically Avengers, Marvel just focused on those characters. Fan favorites, usually joke characters, got popular like Squirrel Girl. So the character roster shrank, but the crossovers had to be so constant that it stopped feeling like individual franchises.

Which brings me to my next point, Marvel stopped taking risk with new characters, so they just make characters replace legacies. So instead of doing the sensible thing and retiring characters who lost their charms, they put each franchise on life support, acting like the MCU will always need an Iron Man, etc.

Long story short, people only focus on popular characters and imitating the movies.
>>
>>92532298
Marvel will most likely bring back the sexual tension between Sue and Black Panther.
>>
>>92532590
its from something back in the 80's or 70's
>>
>>92531676
Spider-Man titles are Marvel's highest selling title that's not an event or #1. They sell in the mid-60,000.

>>92531729
Star Wars hasn't really been above 100,000 in a while now.
>>
>>92532590
More like I'm confused why the picture I use isn't posted more often because it's more atrocious.

Though serious question, Marvel hasn't been giving any comic book news this mouth outside issue 10 of Secret Empire. Like, no title announcements, no legacy teases...nothing.
>>
They really should trim the fat a lot
It's absolutely important for kids and teens to see themselves represented, because like it or not these guys are role models, but Black Panther isn't big enough to carry three ongoings at once. Batman and Superman only have two each, so at a point you have to wonder who is in charge of these decisions

I get that comics should be comical in nature but at a certain point all the snarky badass female characters start to all sound the same, or maybe I'm a misogynist, who knows.

However, it's not all bad. Invincible Iron Man is pretty good and totally inoffensive at worst if you give it a chance. There are other ongoings that I would cut way sooner. Nick Fury is two issues in and it's boring as dick. Titles like America and Moon Girl at least get reactions, the worst thing for a writer is to have absolutely zero impact
>>
>>92532703
>Spider-Man titles are Marvel's highest selling title that's not an event or #1. They sell in the mid-60,000.
That low. Spidey should be doing Batman numbers 90k or 100k.
>>
>>92532724
>It's absolutely important for kids and teens to see themselves represented
Explain why.
>>
>>92532727
Well you have Slott writing Soidey like he was Tony Stark, and still jerking off Doc Ock as if he is the greatest thing ever. It's no wonder sales are slipping.
>>
>>92532644
60's, anon.
I could shit on you and call you casual or whatever, but instead, I envy you for all the great fucking comics you have yet to read.
>>
>>92532724
I think the problem is that none of these characters feel unique anymore. Instead of defining them through franchises, supporting casts, themes, tone, etc, they define it as "This character will run into another popular character by issue 3". Like, why is Quentin Quire, an X-Kid, in Thor currently? Why is Angel so important in X-23's Wolverine? Why are all the black heroes just appearing in all the other black hero books? If you make your ideas more unique and not have every other similar book imitate the same idea, it would be special.

Also, please stop having the GOTG constantly break out of jail. It's so, so tired at this point.
>>
>>92532783
assassinate Slott when?
>>
>>92530499
I think that image sums it up.
Not one of thos characters is at all interesting to me anymore save Peter Parker (and maybe Cho Hulk), and his expression says everything.

As a former Marvelfag, fuck Marvel. Fuck their shitty characters, their shitty events and, most of all, their shitty, pandering, egotistical writers.

What good DC books can I read?
>>
>>92532805
I only read Spider-Man from then
>>
File: sadthor.jpg (25KB, 274x256px) Image search: [Google]
sadthor.jpg
25KB, 274x256px
>>92530499
Guys Why is Thor so sad?
>>
>>92532754
People want to see people who resemble them succeed because it suggest that they themselves can succeed

it's fine that superman isn't black or that spider-man isn't asian but there should also be role models for black and asian members of those communities, give them a fucking break. For the longest time the only Asian comic heroes were fucking Shang-Chi and Psylocke, who doesn't count for obvious reasons. there doesn't need to be a world where some mexican kid wishes he was white because batman is white, instead he could wish to be Blue Beetle or something
>>
>>92532724
I totally agree that teens and blacks want heroes to look up to.
Dc has two teams of teenage heroes and a history of Black characters. What does Marvel do? Sperg out and replace all their legacy characters with kids and minorities.
>>
>>92532843
>What good DC books can I read?
New Super-Man. Aquaman. Green Arrow. Omega Men. Doom Patrol. The new Wild Storm by Ellis.
>>
>>92532867
>there doesn't need to be a world where some mexican kid wishes he was white because batman is white
That mexican kid is fucking retarded. You can wish to be Batman and not be a white male. My sister used to dress up as Batman when we were kids
>>
File: image.png (56KB, 297x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56KB, 297x195px
>>92532845
You're okay, anon.
Thor is good/great from 121 to 179.
FF 1-102 also.
Lee/Kirby/steranko cap too.
>>
>>92532865
They're all making angry or really tired looking faces, which does say a lot
>>
Oh look, another company wars thread, as if we don't already have enough of this shit on this board
>>
>>92530499
Why is the Rock Hulk the only FF dude here

Maker, Doom and Human Torch are all still dicking around, right?
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>92532865
>Thor
That's Odinson, anon.
>>
>>92532898
thanks for the suggestions anon
>>
>Marvel Strikes again
>Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DC
>>
>>92532867
Just so you know, there's a black superman in continuity AND an asian one AND a woman one.
>>
>>92532366
Why the hell did they destroy The Thing? He's my favorite character next to Spidey because of how similar the personalities are. Both fall down and get back up, but Ben has to deal with being a hideous rock man who gets cucked by Johnny. Fucker is the idol of millions, but has been thrown away. I think it's mainly due to people writing him like an idiot jock instead of Reed's best friend. Like how Reed helped him become a pilot and engineer. I love Jewish football playing astronaut rockman, but no one uses him right. Fuck Bendis, too. That prick needs to stop kissing ass with all his Jew love.
>>
>>92532935
i don't understand why Thor is a title

like if Odin abdicates the throne does he become Odin Odinson? It's not like Odin is a titles given to sons of Bor
>>
>>92532928
>Maker, Doom and Human Torch are all still dicking around, right?
Thing is Bendis' pet because he's Jewish. These other characters you listed are all straight white males who are less important than Moon Girl, Riri and Miles. Guess who created two of them?
>>
The problem with Marvel is that they have been separated from the MCU and instead of treading their own path are just waiting to see how the next films will dictate their stories. Like how Thanos is popping up everywhere, Marvel doesn't know the end results of Infinity Wars/Avengers 4 so they are stalling, trying to gage which characters will be break outs.

Like, if a Thunderbolts movie was to come out? Bendis would be announced as the "All New Thunderbolts" writer. If the Beyonder is the next Thanos? You bet your ass they'll hype him up as the biggest new threat! All the series they know they should invest in, they don't know what to do with them! Captain Marvel has been rutterless for so long that it needs to wait for the film to really define her book. The GOTG books have been mimicking the first film so much that all the spinoff books end up being the exact same book! Jailbreak after jailbreak! You can see that Marvel wasn't prepared for GOTG 2 because they only took away Baby Groot and not say trying to put Mantis back in the comics. They relied so much on the first film, they just changed Peter's origins with the movie Yondu and made Peter's Walkman an absolute staple of the character. OOPS!

Which brings us to the legacies. Now, Marvel doesn't know how the movies will handle things like Iron Man dying, Cap dying, etc, so what's the next best idea? LEGACIES! Get ahead of the films by predicting who will take over the next line of the character! Unfortunately this shows the lack of creativity at Marvel. Instead of going forward with new ideas, it's just "Another Spider-Man" or "Another Iron Man". And because Marvel played the diversity card, they fucked themselves over. You can't undo the diversity card without offending people which is why Marvel's short term profits finally caught up to them.

The movies fucked up Marvel royally.
>>
>>92532984
I know that, my point wasn't that they don't exist, it's that they should exist if they're done well.

Characters like Ironheart are fine, you can see she's trying and growing and she makes no intent to replace Tony Stark. It's kind of thrust upon her and she's trying to deal with it. It differs from ms. marvel because there's no high school bullshit angle that we have to slog through.

I haven't read anything about Moon Girl but Black Panther and The Crew is weird and pandering, and this is coming from a black guy. It at least made sense when Sam Wilson was talking about the police state or whatever but the King of Wakanda should not give a single shit when he withholds the cure for cancer for political gain

Also Black Superman is moot since that was multiverse nonsense, unless you mean Steel and i don't even remember seeing him since that Doomsday nonsense
>>
>>92532865
Because Marvel shaved off his epic beard
>>
>>92532612
So what happens when RDJ eventually says he's made enough hundreds of millions and doesn't do Iron Man anymore? It's not like the movies are gonna' bother with RiRi.
>>
>>92532474
>Top billing the Inhumans
Oh dear
>>
>>92530499
Yeah, like Moon Girl deserves to be in that damn lineup. Then again, most of the characters there are shit
>>
>>92533103
>Characters like Ironheart are fine
Oh god I'm done reading this.

I guess it's "fine" in your world to perfectly duplicate the Miles Morales formula over and over again.
>>
>>92532867
Its people like you who forced all those "Kid sidekicks" back in the day.
Who as a kid wanted ti be Superboy? No one, they all wanted to be SuperMAN, it doesn't work
>>
>>92533206
This, but at least some of those sidekicks gathered a following. Oh, and black people dont give a fuck what race the character is as long as they are interesting. They still think Batman is cool as fuck, and dont give a damn about Duke.
>>
>>92533126
Then have Iron Man die off. The thing that irritates me ever since the MCU was made was that people always act like Iron Man, Cap and Thor have defined Marvel. We have had so many characters come and go. Hell, in the 90's, Wolverine, Punisher and Spider-Man defined Marvel.

Just let Iron Man stay dead. Move on with the new faces defining the MCU. Black Panther has all the technical prowess to cover Iron Man's tracks. You don't need to be defined by the current roster. Just let Iron man's death be a big moment, then move onwards.
>>
>>92533193
The problem is, we're introduced as this character as replacements first, personalities second. And Marvel has a TERRIBLE habit of think "Smarter = personality"
>>
>>92533193
The only Spider-Titles I read or have read recently are Amazing, & Deadpool, and 2099. I don't have an opinion on Miles and the only things I know about him are from Wikipedia

>>92533206
But she isn't a sidekick
You could argue that adding her is redundant because War Machine was a fine black Iron Man until they killed him off, which is true, but it's not like they're just going to undo it. Maybe in a year or so they'll bring him back but until then I think she's fine. So far her only male supporting cast is Tony's AI so I guess you could make a case for misandry there if you wanted
>>
>>92532867
Or they could wish to be Batman cause they dont have to be pigeonholed by their race?

Like, why are starting to pretend you cant empathise with people of different races

>Kids dont have to wish their white to be Superman anymore
No one has ever thought this
>>
>>92532867
>People want to see people who resemble them succeed because it suggest that they themselves can succeed
Barack Obama's role model was a white kid from Queens named Peter Parker. People who rely on identity politics are shit.
>>
>>92533280
Its not an issue of sidekicks, its an issue with the stupid assumption that only x can like x
Only black teen girls will lool up to black teen girls, gotta have on in there
Have we got any teen asians yet? How about teen muslims? We gotta cover all bases or no one will read our comics!!
>>
>>92532724

representation doesn't change anything

>obama, black man, with all the evil racists out to get him, stays in office 8 years

>blacks excel at a multitude of sports, many multimillionaires, many icons, beat back all those white oppressors

>blacks excel at music, create a multitude of different genres, many multimillionaires, many icons, beat back all those white oppressors

>gang crime, black on black crime, black teen pregnancy rates, black single parents, and inner city poverty rates are among the worst they've ever been.

blacks have been shown to be a success in a variety of fields and yet this shit still goes on.

a person isn't suddenly going to change behavior because they have a superhero with their own skin color just like they didn't change with role model athletes, musicians, or the most powerful man in the world.
>>
>>92533126
>RDJ eventually says he's made enough hundreds of millions
That won't happen. As long as Marvel Studios pays him enough money, he'll keep being Tony Stark. It's like he said around Iron Man 2, even when he gets too old for the role, they can just CGI him.
>>
File: 1485980342940.jpg (135KB, 492x533px) Image search: [Google]
1485980342940.jpg
135KB, 492x533px
>>92533297
I don't think I am explaining myself correctly. We are in agreement that pandering is bad. i'm just saying that new characters in of themselves is not pandering, or else New Superman, /co/'s favorite comic, would be pandering, Jessica Cruz, /co/'s second favorite GL, would be pandering. Just that new diverse characters is good for recognition. It's nice for minorities when people in their communities are recognized. Legacy characters over all are not pandering, or else characters like Spider-Man 2099 would be despised.

My larger point is that a lot of the disgust is misplaced. I don't care for new Wasp or anything, it's just kind of unintuitive to just wish the character away instead of just wanting better stories. Like, Unstoppable Wasp is bad because she hammers you over the head with girl power. She tells but doesn't show. Ironheart's supporting cast is female but it's less overt about female empowerment, they're just girls and they're trying to solve problems.

>>92533328
And barack obama, in turn, is some black kid's role model. Does that make sense? He can also be some white kid's role model but white people already knew that whites could be successful politicians. That is the main difference. No one older than 12 thinks they can actually be the Incredible hulk, they just want to imagine themselves as important or noteworthy

I don't think these are controversial opinions
>>
>>92533499
>blacks have been shown to be a success in a variety of fields and yet this shit still goes on.
You're acting like white people don't pull just as shitty stuff.
>>
>>92531031
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYGR9xMVtPQ

We're not a fever dream, they are! You have to listen to us! We can't help you unless you listen to us!
>>
>>92533603
You're right, but that really doesn't change his point. Representation does absolutely nothing for anyone other than satisfy their feelings.
>>
>>92533680
So why should we satisfy white males all the time?
>>
>>92533603

black men commit 50% of all violent crime (robbery, murder, rape) in the united states, yet are only 7% of the population.
>>
>>92530626
If Marvel allows this woman to work there why did they fire Ardian Syaf? Seems like they have a lot in common, only he has some talent.
>>
>>92533707
Because, as Marvel has proven to all of us, anyone outside of white males mostly dont buy comics, even if you pander exclusively to them.
>>
>>92533772
Because that's her twitter, she can express her opinions on her twitter. Syaf straight up inserted his political stuff into the comic without getting approval from the company he works for.
>>
>>92533707

because they are the people that buy the product.

its always been a capitalistic thing.

american movies used to feature mainly white casts, because those were the people who could afford to see disposable entertainment on a weekly basis. once hollywood found out hispanics, blacks, and asians were going more often, then they decided to make a larger amount of movies mixed.

comic books featured mainly white casts because the parents of white kids could afford to buy disposable entertainment for them, those white kids grew up to white men who still read comics now. hispanics, blacks, and asian parents still see comics as being unnecessary, overpriced crap so thats why there aren't very many POC/sjw comics, and why when POC/sjw comics come out, their sales tank. There are no customers for them.
>>
>>92533529
Comic book readers identify with well written characters and traits, not skin color you fucking idiot
>>
>>92533743
That's entirely untrue and you know that.
>>
>>92533975
then why did they make all those iron man comics when iron man is a garbage person
>>
>>92534136

>According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.

>According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery. Black youths were overrepresented in all offense categories except DUI, liquor laws and drunkenness.

the 16% is to make it look better. males commit far more crimes than females. the black male youth % is 7% to the black female youth 9%.

According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites. Robberies with white victims and black offenders were more than 12 times more common than the reverse.

A 2004 National Crime Victimization Survey report which analyzed carjacking over 10 years found that carjacking victims identified 56% of offenders as black, 21% as white, and 16% as Native American or Asian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

7% of the population commits 50%+ of the violent crime in the ENTIRE population of the United States.
>>
>>92534398
>Thread about bitching about comics turns into /pol/ insisting blacks don't deserve anything

really makes you think
>>
>>92534398

Shit do I honestly have to school dumbnuts on how ignoring a fuck ton of parameters and context of the statistics to take said statistics and use them to prop up your preconceived notions is stupid on /co/ of all places ? Fuck this shit and let me bitch about Marvel sucking ass in peace
>>
>>92532865
He saw his whiny shirtless hobo gimp future and Disney princess wannabe replacement.
>>
File: 509690978.jpg (38KB, 407x612px) Image search: [Google]
509690978.jpg
38KB, 407x612px
>>92530626
>>92531031
>>92531392
>>92531161
>>92532049
>>92533772
believe in Ms Marvel, you evil cisgender nazis
also buy her books
>>
>>92534421

>That's entirely untrue and you know that.

if they or (you) had'nt posted that, i could've left it alone.

i don't like being called a liar.

>Thread about bitching about comics turns into /pol/ insisting blacks don't deserve anything

>really makes you think

and why do you deserve anything? indians, arabs, asians, all come to america and in one or 2 generations reach the middle class to the upper middle class.

aren't white people just as racist towards them? they have different skin color and different hair to?

and why do they succeed when you can't?

there is nothing holding black people back other than black people, but you're all apathetic, and think whitey is out to get you. and all you do is complain, protest, and riot about a boogeyman that doesn't exist.

little black kids die every other week where i live, and its all your fault. not the white man. not the cop that pulled you over. not some authority figure. 93% of the time when a black is killed, the perp was another black.
>>
>>92534501
>parameters and context

i don't like empirical evidence and hard facts that come from the FBI, they hurt my feels, REEEEEE!!!!!!
>>
>>92534722
>if I double-space it makes my post look bigger and more threatening to predators!
>>
>>92533103
Steel was a main character in the superwoman book, last I checked.
>>
>>92534588
Am I too drunk or is she kind of hot ? That would explain the phony as fuck title she holds in the company
>>
>>92534769
Faggot that shit is what matters the most in statistics. But you don't really care about stats do you ?
>>
>>92533529
Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, generally the problem is in how these characters are presented as opposed to who they are. Of course, plenty of people recognize this on /co/, it's why there are comments about this movement not changing the writers or editorial staff in order to improve the comics.
>>
>>92532843
What DC characters do you like and what kind of stories do you like? Also, have you considered Valiant? I find it to be like what Marvel is at it's best (connected but seperate, lower tier powers).
>>
>>92535131
Yes, she fucks Alonso, that's why she's there, maybe Bendis too
>>
>>92535332
What I saw of valiant reminded me of 90's X-treme and weapon X wank. Everything was government agencies, guns, tacticool and splash pages of shootan.
>>
>>92535438
Well, there are a lot of secret societies and tacticool, but the secret society stuff is mostly in Archer & Armstrong, the tacticool stuff in Ninjak (and X-O Manowar to an extent). But there is some definite 90s influence, considering the characters were from the 90s originally. Were you looking at the modern stuff or the originals?
>>
>>92535569
Mostly going off of the RPG book and what I saw when the local store used to sell valiant like 5 years ago.
>>
>>92535607
I can see why that could put you off. I like Valiant and I was almost convinced otherwise by that cover alone. The characters themselves aren't actually particularly tacticool, despite appearances. At least the ones I've read I can't speak for Ninjak.
>>
>>92530626
You sad fucking idiot. Grow up
>>
>>92533126
Of course they won't do Riri.

They would do Lila Rhodes before they do Riri.

Feige is not going to give that fat fuck fester a single cent, that 's why he's trolling him with Ned and why they're ignoring everything he's ever done.

Only Maria Hill is there and that's because she got there when Perlmutter was still involved with the MCU and even then Hill hasn't been relevant since AoU.
>>
>>92535172

Doesn't matter if black people are poorer/less educated, bottom line is they commit more crime. The reason why they commit more crimes doesn't matter, they just do, context doesn't matter
>>
>>92530499
Who the fuck is Suzie Carmichael in the top right?
>>
>>92530499
I always hate the Kirby circlejerk.

Not because I don't love Kirby's art, but because being so fucking unoriginal as to intentionally ape his iconic imagery in a halfassed way is so disrespectful and boring.
>>
>>92539200
I believe another Anon summarized it best by comparing DC's tribute to Kirby to Marvel's tribute.

DC has THE KAMANDI CHALLENGE, BUG!: THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER, MISTER MIRACLE, and other comics coming out.
Marvel has variant covers planned.
>>
>>92532474
Man even all the characters on that poster look depressed to be there.
>>
>>92536096
I really do appreciate that they refuse to compensate Bendis.
>>
>>92532474
Is that 1970s/1990s Ghost Rider?
>>
>>92532474
wtf is Thanos doing there along the heroes?
>>
>>92540149
Same reason Venom and Magneto are up there.
>>
>>92534588
Did she demand Kamala to resemble her?
>>
>>92532894
Fucking this
>>
>>92541094
>resemble
Is a self insertion, she is the autor, you should know that
>>
>>92541169
I never really cared for Ms Marvel and thought G. Willow Wilson was THE creator.
>>
>>92532612
>I call this Marvel eating its own tail.

I think it's just gotten more blatant during the Alonso era. Heroes vs Heroes! More Heroes vs Heroes! More Heroes vs Heroes! You liked Spider-Gwen? Well here's Gwen variants! You liked Gwen variants? Here's Gwenpool! Here's Gwensters unleashed! You liked Miles? Well here's more replacement heroes! You liked Superior Spider-Man? Well here's more heroes turning into villains! Here's more villains turning into heroes! You liked Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe? Well here's another Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe!
>>
>>92541384
>G. Willow Wilson
Creators
Sana Amanat, Stephen Wacker, G. Willow Wilson
from marvel wiki thing
>>
>>92541440
> IT WORKED BEFORE WHY ISN'T IT WORKING NOW
>>
>>92536096
Is there any indication whatsoever that Marvel pays any writer for characters who appear in movies because I'd remember Waid mentioning this if it were true (he did a blog entry about his contributions to Man of Murder).
>>
>>92539306
>comparing DC's tribute to Kirby to Marvel's tribute

DC: Kamandi Challenge, Bug!, Mister Miracle, multiple one-shot tributes
Marvel: "Let's make Captain America a Nazi."
>>
>>92541440
>You liked Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe? Well here's another Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe!
Now that one straight up baffles me. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if Deadpool ends up not killing Kamala, Miles, America, etc. Hell, I expect Tumblr to be filled with "Look at this disgusting work Cullen Bunn has made. I bet those nazis are so happy to see Miles Morales/Kamala Khan/America Chaez dead"
>>
>>92542826
>multiple one-shot tributes
Oh, right, I forgot about that.

>"Let's make Captain America a Nazi."
I also forgot about this.
Hell, I think anything from the past five years counts as a mark against them in terms of how they treat Kirby's legacy.
>>
>>92541440
>Well here's more heroes turning into villains! Here's more villains turning into heroes!

why does this keep happening

what does doc ock identify sexually as now? what's happening?
>>
>>92532140
Someone mentioned on here yesterday something I never really realised, DC Comics moving to LA meant that they were able to cull a ton of their dead-weight in terms of poor editors, writers and staff. Marvel need something like that, just a straight up cull.
It will suck for some people because people losing their jobs is a shitty thing(no matter what you think of their work) but it would likely strengthen their output significantly.
>>
File: invisibles omnibus.jpg (553KB, 2937x2203px) Image search: [Google]
invisibles omnibus.jpg
553KB, 2937x2203px
>>92542826
>>92539306
Don't forget that Mr. Miracle, Challengers of the Unknown, Super Powers and The Demon are all getting fresh trades and Fourth World is getting an Invisibles-sized omnibus.
It's a good time to be a Kirby fan at DC.
>>
>>92535408
Ya got some proof of that, or are you just being a dickbag?
>>
>>92545125
>>92535408
Yeah, he's full of shit. Eating pork is haram.
>>
Carol Cap and Thor look dead inside. I don't blame them
>>
>>92548845
You could give every single one of those heads the same thought bubble where they think to themselves, "Wow, I could really be anywhere else but here right now."

Like, when DC Rebirth had its cover artwork revealed, it wasn't just decapitated heroes glaring at the reader. It was heroes reaching out towards a mysterious and unknown object. It was action. It was active. Here, you have nothing to draw interest.
>>
>>92531729
>>92531676

Marvel has nothing that isn't an event and a variant inflated #1 over 100k. Spider-man only sells in the 60k region
>>
>>92532298
>Johnny is a gay playboy now
>Ben was black before becoming The Thing
>Reed stays pretty much the same
>Sue is apparently as smart as Reed now
>>
>>92543572
>Marvel need something like that, just a straight up cull.
It's a top-down problem which means none of the people who need firing will be left behind.
>>
>>92533280
You do realize that the only reason that Riri was created was to cater to his two adopted black daughters and make them feel "empowered" by taking the helm of an already established name instead of making their own character instead of just a carbon copy with a vag.
>>
>>92565057
>to his two adopted black daughters
Bendis is married to a black woman. Which of them is incapable of making babies?
>>
>>92565512
"Of their three daughters, his oldest, Olivia,[47] is his biological daughter, while he and his wife adopted their two younger daughters, one of whom is African-American, and the other of whom is Ethiopian."

It's from wiki but still just as a quick reference.
>>
The only that they'll be a rebirth is for Marvel to fire all the SJWs working there.
>>
>>92532865
Because that gremlin with pom poms attached to its head is above him.
>>
>>92565905
Then they'll just accuse them of being "racists" "misogynists" "transphopic" "anti-lgbtqabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" or whatever buzzword that the media loves to eat and shove in our face. Marvel will cave into their demands without realizing that their threats are about as hollow as Carol Danvers
>>
#makemarvelgreatagain
>>
>>92561022
>And Frank is just like "nah, fuck this, I'm going to go be Galactus again"
>>
>>92532244
it honestly looks like it
>>
>>92565989
All they had to do was make her smarter than average for her age, not use her to diminish existing characters. It doesn't help that she's without any interesting characteristics or flaws: Molly Hayes is physically a fucking tank but personally a very convincing annoying tween girl with no filters. Gabby's cute but clearly unhinged and deadly. A number of the original New Mutants had emotional issues.

This kid is defined by her skin color, terrible fucking hairdo and a pet.
>>
>>92535013
>get BTFO
>reply with [generic snarky comment #27]
Not that guy, but you sound like a tool.
>>
>>92535408
I'm not sure who she fucks but she somehow survived the post Disney buyout purge of editorial that literally laid off or chased out almost every single editor that had the word Assistant or Associate in front their job title. I had sevral friends in the building (including Non-whites, Jews and gay folks) most of them ended up at Valiant or in completely different fields. Somehow this thing keeps getting a promotion.
>>
>>92536124
The irony is there's more poor/less educated whites in the US, yet they commit much less of a percentage of crime per person.
>>
>>92532865
>Thor
>>
>>92532504
Nobody cares about Robbie, his book lasted what five issues? He's done son.
>>
>>92530499
>Only one mutant and they're a clone

you call this diversity? But The Thing being on there is cooll
>>
>>92530499
> Squirrel Girl, a joke character, is now one of their top female leads.

What a crock of shit.
>>
>>92532079
> White Captain America is a Nazi
> White male Thor is Unworthy
> White male Hulk is dead
>>
>>92532474
Is that Moonstone or classic Carol next to Ben?
>>
>>92532615
Reed and Thing will have to meekly accept being cucks.
>>
>>92532867
The problem is they make their black and Asian heroes so perfect they are un-relatable.

How are girls supposed to relate to characters who are "the best", "the greatest", and "perfect".
>>
>>92533065
The exception to that is Wanda.
>>
File: 1494375815567.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494375815567.png
265KB, 334x393px
>>92535013
>Can't refute his point
>shift to his spacing of sentences
>this damage control

Get buttblasted you faggot
>>
>>92570909
But Squirrel Girl is one of the pillars of Marvel according to the people on CBR!!!!
>>
>>92542780
They do, but not enough. Thanos's creator got more money for KGBeast alone in BvS than for all the appearances of Thanos.

http://www.cbr.com/starlin-has-made-more-money-off-dcs-kgbeast-than-marvels-thanos/
>>
>>92532474
>Still pushing Inhumans
>Gwen Deadpool
>Gwen Spider

At least there are X-Men. Still, no money to Marvel.
>>
File: 1489684237317.jpg (48KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1489684237317.jpg
48KB, 540x482px
>>92530499
>Carol
>Bendis' daughter's OC
>America "literally the worst new character since 2010" Chavez
>Shithuman King Blackbolt
>Moongirl
>Lara wearing her dead dad's mask
>Whor
>Meme-Lord
>Cho as the Hulk when he was a more interesting character before that

Too much trash to make it worth really caring about. Lara being the only mutnat is a huge red flag, too.
>>
>>92532298
Just use the copy pasta someone made for the shitty movie from a few years back.

>In this progressive, modern reimagining of the hateful and bigoted Fantastic Four franchise, you will witness the story of Reed Richards, a failed and pathetic beta male computer technician on the verge of losing his lovely wife Sue, a powerful strong woman who is CEO of her own television production company while moonlighting as a SWAT officer. One day, a handsome, brilliant Jewish tzaddik named Ben Grimm, called "The Thing" because no superlative is capable of capturing the breadth of his wisdom and humanity, happens upon poor beta Reed and in a fit of typical Jewish self-sacrificing generosity gives him access to the final secret of kabballah, the cosmic ray.

>Reed, being a hapless white male who can't tell his ass from his elbow, immediately creates a haphazard experiment to use cosmic rays to enslave Sue's CFO, the handsome, suave, charming, debonair, 300 IQ sophisticated yet soulful proud nubian Johnny Storm. As he prepares to set off the cosmic enslaver in the hotel room where he knows Sue is cucking him with Handsome Johnny, Ben, using his Jew powers of teleportation and foreknowledge, appears in the room and begs him to stop and accept his fate as a white male. Reed pigheadedly refuses and activates the cosmic ray generator and in the ensuing calamity all four parties develop powers. Ben gains the additional powers of the golem, Sue the ability to turn invisible to avoid the Male Gaze, Johnny Storm the power to ignite the passions in any womans loins with his negro charisma, and Reed Richards develops the ability to cause his white micropenis to retract fully inside his body.
>>
>>92532032
>Throw darts at a random gender board
I think a coin would work better
>>
>>92572384
More mutants here:
>>92532474
>>
>>92532615
Yes please, being a fan of that kind of narrative I can't wait to see begging to be seeded by the Panther in front of a weeping Reed.
And of course the eventual mixed race children of the biggest power couple of Marvel.
>>
>>92572577
So

>Heads: Male
>Tails: Female
>Edge: Trap
>>
>>92570948
hulk was green you humongous idiot
>>
>>92566528
Franklin was never Galactus, he was just a human who identified as Galactus.
>>92572979
Hulk was grey.
>>
>Implying the problem with Legacy will be its representation of minorities and other Ess-Jay-double-yew stuff

Look, DC has done the same thing before, but well. Marvel's problem is that their writers suck.

I'm sure an America comic wouldn't suck if a good writer took over, or that people would actually like Miles if he was given any sort of development by Bendis. Slott needs to retire from Spider-Man now, and Waid has to stop trying to appeal to an age group he can't identify with. Some writers, like North, are okay, but need some editorial to watch over them.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.