[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 63

File: owlturd.jpg (165KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
owlturd.jpg
165KB, 1200x1200px
Is he right /co/?
>>
His nose is a triangle, so no.
>>
depends on the story.

sometimes hard work wins, sometimes talent wins.

worse if 'destiny says so' happens.

though with hard work, you know they have a work ethic.
>>
>>92524735

No, talent is a multiplier of hard work. There are probably things you are talented at that you have never tried and never will.

He is right about what it feels like when you see someone effortlessly surpass you though.
>>
In a way yes,he is absolutely right,

BUT HES WRONG IF HE THINKS POINTING THAT OUT WILL FIX ANYTHING
>>
>>92524735
Luck trumps all
>>
>>92524735
no. Talent is vastly overrated, in most cases a talented person is someone who is more willing to work hard at something.

The artist who made that comic is probably just butthurt that other artists are better than him
>>
>>92524735
>Ignoring the giant mountain next to them that is luck

No matter how you get there, skill isn't enough to be the best.
>>
You'd think that hard work would have allowed him to draw better. Maybe write an actual punchline or two.
>>
Replace "Talent" with "Connections" and it's pretty accurate.
Your wife being a producer >>>>> being a talented director.
>>
>>92524813
I kinda figured that hard work is a multiplier of talent.
>>
>>92524822
this guy.

lord i hate how he could just master stuff he's seen once or twice.

feels more of an ass-pull rather than talent.
>>
>>92524735
Yes, it is true that people are naturally talented at certain things, while others are not. However, feeling vindictive or spiteful towards a naturally talented individual is pathetic, especially when the person holding resentment is awful in what they're doing.

DeviantArt is the perfect example of this, as it is a cesspool of mediocrity for the most part, where people who haven't improved their drawing skills in years still find a way to hold contempt for individuals who have stepped up from being novices. Hard work is completely irrelevant if their is no proper result, the same way talents can be wasted by an individual who doesn't pursue his natural gifts.
>>
File: Bush.jpg (47KB, 442x396px) Image search: [Google]
Bush.jpg
47KB, 442x396px
>>92524825
Connections/Nepotism trumps everything, including Luck.
>>
>>92524735
talent = did it for fun as a child/did something else that honed functions used in the "talented" skill
the "talented" individual in this comic doodled on his worksheets in class as a child and so starts on the same level as the webcomic artist who's had to diligently work their way up to casual child tier
>>
>>92524894
But connections/nepotism are the results of luck.
>>
>>92524894
Connections/Nepotism IS luck
>>
>>92524839
Mah man.
>>
>>92524945
not necessarily, you can get connections through talent or hard work. Hell, ask any law student, they actually get taught in law school on how to make connections
>>
>>92524835
True, true.
>>
>>92524850
Pretty much. Sometimes I wonder if fate exists and that means I was never meant to be a cartoonist for not being born in the right place.
>>
No, not really
everyone starts on the same level, some just climb higher and faster than others.
the human brain is neat like that
>>
>>92524839
wow not cool
>>
>>92524735
No one is born with the ability to draw amazing art you fucking hack.
You don't start good, you get good. Maybe the different is that they have more affinity for learning than you.
>>
>>92524894
I got my current job by fucking my former boss.
>>
>>92524839
The race qouta, much like the wage gap is a myth.
Just a scapegoat white losers came up with to justify them not getting that job at some company.
>>
>>92524735
Artistic talent isn't real. You only git gud by practicing endlessly.
>>
>>92525078
t. person who never worked HR
>>
>>92525078
Ex hr manager here.
The race quota is very real, painfully so.
>>
Can someone photoshop him to be black and skill to say white privilege?
>>
>>92524735
No. Its his perception of another without an examination of their efforts. Talent can only get you so far. It takes concentrated effort, also known as HARD WORK, for a talented individual to get where they are because simply having talent does not magical grant an individual the ability to know how to direct it. There are occasions of it where its just handed to them, in cases like nepotism and inheritance, but this comic comes off more as sour grapes than anything else. A refusal to see the hard work of others due to it making their own hard work feel less 'special'.
>>
>>92525078
I'm a minority and even aware enough to know it's true.
>>
>>92524852

a*b=c
b*a=c

Regardless, you're never going to get anywhere unless both a and b are integers larger than 0.
>>
>>92524945
>>92524947
Connections and Nepotism are fully realized by ass-kissing, not "luck".
It doesn't matter if your Dad owns the corporation, if he hates your guts and likes your older sister better. You have to know people AND cultivate a positive relationship with them.

Once you are in tight with the people in charge, you can be an unlucky, talentless motherfucker all you want.

Seriously, that's how it works.
>>
>>92524787
Guy could have talent and still have a lost of common sense and no responsibility.

This page matters little without everything else playing a role into talent and hard work.
>>
>>92524735
Partly. As much as people may try to deny it, some people have an easier time learning a certain skill than others.

I'm about to finish my physics degree. Math and physics come very naturally to me, so I was able to get a very high GPA with minimal effort. I have classmates who've worked their asses off and have just been getting by. On the other hand, there are things that I really struggle with that seem to come naturally to other people. For example, lately I've been trying to learn how to draw, but no matter how much I practice and study, I haven't been seeing much improvement.

Personally, I suspect that people who say everything comes down to hard work and hard work alone haven't tried to learn a whole lot of different skills. The more things you try, the more you'll find you're better suited to some things than others (unless you're one of those amazingly gifted people who seem to be good at everything, but they aren't too common).
>>
Yeah but what happens when that same fucker with talent puts in hard work, and you know doesn't spend his days writing shitty webcomics about how unfair life is and instead draws shit like inverted cacti on cats?
>>
>>92524931
I came into this thread to post this.
>>
>>92525106
You're confusing technical aptitude with actual talent, which is real. Some people are born with better cognitive spatial awareness, color sensitivity, and visual design sensibilities. Those are what would be considered "talents" in art. Then there are those that need to work their asses off to match the natural abilities ("talents") that others have. I knew more than a few people in art school that worked 10 times harder than I did (or ever had prior) and they still came up short. Easily thousands of hours more than I put in, but I came out ahead. It's just genetics lottery at a certain point.

tldr: hard work is vegeta, talent is goku
>>
>>92525120
>>92525156
>>92525194
*leans into mic*
Wrong
Affirmative Action is worthless for minorities. Ironically it benefits white women the most.
>>
>>92525277
>*leans into mic*
opinion discarded
>>
He's absolutely right. Painfully so.

His skill had taken him to the point of a competent artist. Other characters talent provides him that ability without effort.

But talented guy hasn't progressed at all. He's stagnant. Because talent is so easy squandered. And that's more painful than anything.
>>
File: 1494478987017.png (437KB, 969x541px) Image search: [Google]
1494478987017.png
437KB, 969x541px
>>92525062
>>92525106
Why are you all assuming he's talking about drawing though?
He doesn't say "art skill" he just says achieving a skill, this could be any number of things
And some people are just naturally better at certain things than others even if they've hardly practiced before
>>
File: c64.jpg (91KB, 429x297px) Image search: [Google]
c64.jpg
91KB, 429x297px
>>92525194
>Get a job
>possibly take someone's position
>don't get a job
>add to the unemployment rate
>>
>>92525364
Ducks don't have that many hands.

Wait, they don't even have hands at all!
>>
>>92524735
Talent is a advantage, but not one as big as people like to think, the thing is that people are more prone to working hard at something they ARE talented in and putting in just as much effort or more so then your "untalented" hard worker.

Talent in fiction is almost always portrayed as a "I WIN FLAWLESSLY WITHOUT TRYING" thing, but in reality that is basically always supplemented by hard work as well. being talented does not mean a person didn't have 10000 failures of their own to temper it with.
>>
>>92524735
>how dare someone be better than me at something than me
>It must because they have an unfair advantage
>Not because I'm a lazy fuck who cranks out the same shit day after day instead of always striving to be better.

Very, very little in life comes down to raw talent.
>>
>>92525364
Race shouldn't even be mentioned on applications at all.
>>
>>92525343

>SU

For some reason now I watch that image with Jasper in Hardwork and Stevonnie in talent/fusion
>>
>>92524735
I hope he's not talking about art.
Cause I've never seen any example of him trying to push his boundary beyond line art and block coloring.
Talent in representational art is a god damn fucking meme.
>>
>>92524735
Sergey Korolev: "The life of a designer is no parade of victories; there are innumerably more failures. But they must not stop us".

In most cases, the "talented" individual is just someone who started early and had enough gumption to not be discouraged by their initial lack of skill.
>>
File: 1481178193458.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481178193458.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>92525326
>owltard
>competent artist
it's also hilarious that you imply he hasn't stagnated when these amateurish feelsbadman comics are all he does
And to assume you know the exact conditions of the talented guy (which I might inform you is an inaccurate depiction of the situation) shows you're projecting HARD over there
>>
>>92524735
it can, really, but it's not really an unfair magical cloud. It's just that some people are better at some aspect of the craft, like understanding shape and space, or colors, or simply having a better eye/hand coordination. Thing is people have different forte and weaknesses so the person who needed hard work for something probably can do something the other "talented" person can't do for shit.
But we are talking in the scenario of 2 people with genuine desire to learn. On the internet when you read "hard work" it often means "I watche a 5 minute youtube video why am I not sakimichan"
>>
File: Persistence.jpg (90KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Persistence.jpg
90KB, 850x400px
>>92524735
>>
>>92525476
>In most cases
Granted. But I will say that in my case, I was always better than other kids, even outside of my age, and it was natural talent. When I was 4 I drew birds nests in (crude) overhead perspective. That's something that most kids can't grasp until they're at least 10, and it's far too young to be explained by hard work. So natural no-effort talent is 100% real, but it's rare.
>>
>>92525051
Nice pant skills.
>>
>>92525326
Oh that's a nice catch anon and very true

So as the hard working artist has been getting better at art the talented one hasn't been moving up at all
>>
File: 1495139480898.jpg (22KB, 511x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495139480898.jpg
22KB, 511x340px
Skill is just learning what to do and how to not fuck up, learned through trial and error. Learning how to make a kind of stroke, how to size your stuff for print or digital, how to avoid line tangents, those are a result of skill and have nothing to do with some kind of innate thing you should be proud of. It's just common sense.

Talent is when you're observant enough to avoid a lot of mistakes of a novice, but you're still going to make a lot of mistakes that need to be corrected.

That's it, that's literally it. It's why they try and drill it into your head to draw what you see, not what you want, because being observant is all you need to be a "talented" artist, and all that really means is you're putting in the same amount of work but faster. Not better, faster.

There's no get out of jail free card for art, you're going to have to work in the salt mines of experimental educational drafting wether you want to or not. The people who complain about talent are sore losers.
>>
>>92524735

does this dude have a therapist?
>>
penis
>>
>>92524735
Not if he believes he does hard work. That is the most lazy, no effort, weak willed, slothful art style I've ever seen. And I've read a couple other comics made with stick figures or captioned photos.

XKCD puts more hard work in their art than this guy can even concieve of doing. DM of the Rings puts more hard work in a single page than this guy has done in all his career.
>>
>>92525449
>Jasper born a naturally perfect super quartz and never had to work toward being as strong as she is

Ya okay that makes sense?

And I guess all the training Steven and Connie have been shown to do themselves dont matter
>>
File: art is hard don't do it.jpg (1MB, 2905x3986px) Image search: [Google]
art is hard don't do it.jpg
1MB, 2905x3986px
>>
>>92525277
>*leans into mic*
Stop.
>>
File: tumblr_o1zpk4s2BN1u8vay0o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1zpk4s2BN1u8vay0o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>92524830
>>377472421
>he fell for the hard work meme

HAHAHAHAHAHA

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/08/practice-does-not-make-perfect-elite-sprinters-destroy-10-year-rule-myth-that-athletes-made-not-born/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2328337/Practice-NOT-make-perfect-Innate-talent-whats-required-greatness-areas-games-music.html
>>
>>92524735

I fucking loathe this guy's comics. Please tell me I'm not the only one.
>>
>>92526241
woke af
>>
>>92526359
>dailymail
So we just shitposting now?
>>
>>92526439
Not an argument
Here, have another source about the same expert if some link triggers you so much

http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2013/practice-makes-perfect-not-so-much/

And here's Hambrick's publications
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Zach_Hambrick/publications
>>
>>92526359

The edge cases, yes. The guys and gals who are literally the best out of 7 billion people, need to be born with ungodly ability.

For every other fuck that ended up being born crawling on this rock, it's mostly work.
>>
>>92526381
Why should I give you the satisfaction? What right do you have to have your suspicions confirmed or denied?
>>
File: 1439217880276.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1439217880276.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>92524735
Holy fuck this mindset pisses me off. Not only is he playing the victim by having to put hard work to achieve a skill yet he's also discrediting another person's hard work as just lucky talent they were born with when he should know damn well how hard is it really is after putting so much time into it.
>>
>>92525424
It probably isn't in most countries. Like it probably isn't in Asia because you can tell someone isn't chinese/japanese/laocean by just looking at the name, then they will fuck you over for being black in an asian world.
>>
>>92524735
And connections matter 200 times more than both.
Big whoop.
>>
>>92526944

I got the satisfaction myself by googling owlturd + 4chan /co/ and reading the numerous threads shitting all over this horrible comic
>>
>>92526944
OHMYGODKILL pls
>>
>have moderate talent at writing, go nowhere with it
>work really hard to get college degree but it's useless for getting a job
>get the job I have now because best friend from high school gave a recommendation to head of HR of his company for me
Connections > all, in my personal experience
>>
File: 1440354703574.jpg (65KB, 640x661px) Image search: [Google]
1440354703574.jpg
65KB, 640x661px
>>92526568
>Not an argument
>implying that pointing out using unreliable sources isn't an argument
Now THAT isn't an argument.
>>
>>92524735
Talent is about 10%, maybe 20% of the skill. But considering all he draws are shitty doodles, he's pretty much right about his level being the same as some talented but completely untrained artist.
>>
>>92524735
Nope. He should make it two pillars of work for equal work, one being much higher due to a higher talent factor.
Skill=Talent x Work
Succesd=(Luck x 2Connections) + Skill
>>
>>92527073
so the key to life is to be really social (hard to do for autistic shy people with social anxiety and problems, but just put enough hard work into it lol) and have enough "skills" (not hard work in that context) to back it up, along with nepotism? huh

I saw this picture posted on /v/ already and posted about my experiences in that thread. Hell I'm the only one at my job in my area (not office or first shit workers) who doesn't hang out with the others, they are all friends. also yes ive tried to hang out with them but lets just say I'm not a redneck hunting type person, also they said they don't really want to despite a couple of them being into comics and video games
>>
>>92527076
I already gave you new sources. Stop bitching faggot
>>
>>92527163
I'm not social at all though. I made no friends in college, which is why I didn't have any opportunities come along til a friend from high school hooked me up. And he only got that job cause he was in their internship program that he got recommended into by one of his professors. Just a chain of people getting into the place thanks to connections.
>>
>>92524931
>>92525163
>>92525476
>>92525645
These.
>>
>>92526359
>>92526568
Want to be THE BEST THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN?

Innate talent + that natural talent happens to be in something you enjoy + mental strength/work ethic to continually strive to improve and stay at the top of your game.

Williams sisters/Michael Phelps/Michelangelo/Jeff Dean are all uniquely talented people, but they didn't become the best without a ton of effort.

In my line of work (engineering), drive-to-succeed matters a hell of a lot, and I see a lot of talented-but-lazy people get kicked to the curb. Some of them shape up and get back in the game, but it's hard to catch up when your career is 5-10 years behind.
>>
>>92525645
Talent is also inborn traits that just make you better at whatever you're trying to do. For being a painter or artist in general hand-eye coordination and spatial reasoning are things some people are just better at from birth. Some people just have an intuitive grasp of color theory, they can just "tell" some colors go better together than others. Other people have to study the color wheel and think about their pallet. The talented person just paints based on instinct. That's a definite leg up.

Obviously nobody is born a master, not even Mozart, but inborn skill does exist.
>>
>>92527073
Yeah, not going to disagree with this - every job I've gotten, it's because of personal connections. I did cool work, stood out from the crowd, met cool people, and they knew who to call when they needed Stuff to Get Done.

>>92527163
Let's be frank, if I was 5-10 years younger, I'd probably be "diagnosed" with autism. I'm a shy dude with social anxiety issues. But aside from getting that first job, I've never had any trouble finding work. Once you have your foot in the door (that's the hardest part), good work generally speaks for itself.

It's not about nepotism, it's about wanting the best probability of the best outcome. If you need some to do Z, who are you going to hire? A random resume off your company's job website that claims to be good at Z, or the person you worked with last year who you KNOW is really good at Z?
>>
>>92524735
Spamming this cancerous pretentious shit on containment boards like this one and you're bound to get some (you)s. Talent, and Hard-work go hand in hand. The picture just proves that the faggot self insert is just not as adapt as the later. Seeing as no one is the same, nor equal in skill, and/or natural talent.
>>
>>92526359
Alex Toth started out like shit but he kept working at it 'till he was one of the best in the field and kept aging like wine and surpassing himself over and over again.
>>
>>92524735
Capitalistfags will tell you this guy's an idiot.
In reality, they're just sociopaths who want to watch the world burn. And ironically blame powerless socialists for their failures.
>>
>>92524735
Eh. He's sort of wrong honestly. Maybe.

Dudes an artist so I guess that's where his viewpoint comes from but I love MMA and that's a sport where you tend to see a lot of the intersection of hardwork and talent and the story that tends to be told is that someone who is talented is liable to beat the untalented but hardworking a lot, until they don't.

Talent can really only take you so far. There is typically a point of diminishing returns and it mostly tends to be when the basics you really had no need for come back to bite you in the ass in when you're exhausted or the other guy outtoughs.

But that's direct competition so meh.
>>
>>92525163
No, you are wrong to believe everybody works hard to get results. It's just an easy way to dismiss your own failure. The permanent "I could if I really wanted to". truth is, it doesn't work.
>>
>>92527425
Redistributing wealth implies power.
>>
>>92524735
Regarding real life? Not exactly.

In real life talent determines your ceiling. In every competitive activity you'll sooner or later discover the level progressing beyond which merely with lots practice is impossible, no matter how hard you practice.

Hard work determines whether you actually reach that ceiling, or waste your talent. Talent only allows to skip on hard work if you're not interested in reaching your actual ceiling and content to be only above mediocrity. Speaking of drawing, given that the thread was started by an example of such, some people are just naturally talented to the point that dribblings they make for fun during boring college lections or whatever can give them a little bit of Internet fame. But you can bet your ass that those same people would be forced to work their asses off (whether to improve their quality, or to keep content of the same quality flowing with regularity and not just when inspiration strikes them), were they to decide to earn their living by drawing.
>>
does this shithead really think that talent makes you magically be at a certain skill level by default?

what a lazy idiot, it's funny how nobody told me I was just sooo talented until I worked hard enough to be good
>>
>>92527009
They aren't in France but according to some study or other someone with an ethnic name has to send out 4 times as many resumés.
>>
Depends on what said skill is. If it's art then your skill is tied to time invested and discipline. "Talent" doesn't have much of anything to do when learning art.
>>
>>92527526
This, but people actually believe "talented" artists can draw well from the get go somehow. I showed a guy who kept insisting he could never learn to draw because he's not magically talented like me some of my really early scribbles and he was genuinely surprised I used to suck.

That or they're just trying to excuse wanting to avoid years and years of hard work by claiming it's just unachievable for them.
>>
>>92527466
My point exactly.
If socialists had actual power, they'd be redistributing the wealth. Instead all we get is autistic screeching (not unjustified, mind you).
>>
>>92527605
>If socialists had actual power, they'd be redistributing the wealth.

Socialists do have all the actual power, and the modern Western society engages in wealth redistribution on the level beyond which there is only "literally everything belongs to the dictator and his goons".
>>
>>92527586

>That or they're just trying to excuse wanting to avoid years and years of hard work by claiming it's just unachievable for them.

I think it mostly boils down to this. Most people don't want to invest all that time into these kinds of things. Not to talk ill of them, I just think as adults we're alot more prone to feeling failure and looking at your own horrible first drawings would put them off alot. As children you don't really give a shit about if you're gonna fail at it because you're just drawing shit and having fun with it.

Of course it's just like any other kind of skill out there. You don't just become the world greatest athlete overnight. It takes years and years of dedication to that kinda shit. Really it just comes down to making people understand that this sort of thing does take alot of time to get at but very rewarding nonetheless if they follow through with it. Personally I blame the media for all those overnight success stories they keep going on about how some kid got his lucky break without realizing he had to put in all that hard work before that moment.
>>
>>92527640
For art specifically I blame people not being told how long it takes to be good at drawing so they give up after drawing from loomis for a few weeks and not progressing much, /ic/ is full of them.
>>
>>92527315
It is nepotism though, it just doesn't necessarily detract from your talent.
>>
>>92527635
Which is obviously why the US has no welfare system for most people.

Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>92524735
>More talented and capable at art than so many other people
>Still has the nerve to complain about it

Motherfucker i've wanted nothing more than to be able to make art my entire life but i have jack shit talent in anything to even start off from.
>>
>>92527890
you always start from 0 you dolt, there's literally nothing stopping you from getting better unless you're missing a hand or something
>>
Does this guy ever actually make jokes or does he just redraw common web comic jokes with a cute style
>>
>>92527890
HARD
WORK

>>92524735
There's no such thing as talent! Talent is just hard work you can't see.

Fucking work at it, for years even, if you want to make good art, jackass. There's no cutting corners, there's no short cuts, there's no tricks or skips or fucking easy ways. HARD FUCKING WORK.
>>
He's just a grade A retard. It's common among smart people to hide the hard work as to appear more impressive(see Baldassare Castiglione). Most people you see in top positions are talented of course, but also put a shitload of work into it. They just hide it.
>>
File: 1466276440946.png (341KB, 749x650px) Image search: [Google]
1466276440946.png
341KB, 749x650px
>>92524735
there will always be someone who's better at you in something.

but your failure doesn't come from their superiority, it's letting it effect you to the point where i hampers your ability to keep growing.
>>
File: 1492905616795.png (257KB, 800x892px) Image search: [Google]
1492905616795.png
257KB, 800x892px
>>92524735
>>
File: chuck-close-lyle.jpg (265KB, 615x370px) Image search: [Google]
chuck-close-lyle.jpg
265KB, 615x370px
>>92528015

>unless you're missing a hand or something

nope. that's not even an excuse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Close

>Close delivered his speech and then made his way across the street to Beth Israel Medical Center where he suffered a seizure which left him paralyzed from the neck down. The cause was diagnosed as a spinal artery collapse.
>For months, Close was in rehab strengthening his muscles with physical therapy; he soon had slight movement in his arms and could walk, yet only for a few steps. He has relied on a wheelchair ever since.
>However, Close continued to paint with a brush strapped onto his wrist with tape, creating large portraits in low-resolution grid squares created by an assistant.

So get to work.
>>
Talent is a pitiful word people use when they don't see the work others have put into their art. To stagnate as an artist is to die. To work at art is to improve, it's change, it's forever changing, evolving even. Art is life. Stagnation is death. To allow your art to stagnate is worse than death, even. Drawing the same thing and never improving, sitting in your comfort zone for 10 years, 20 years, a life time, that's not hard work no matter how hard you think you try. no matter how much effort you put into drawing the same thing a million times a day for 50 years. Improving your art, making it better, that's hard work.

A man who draws an orange in a windowsill everyday for his entire lifetime, may become the master of his craft. But if he looks around him and sees new artists drawing men and women and apples in doorways. Does he have the right to say they have talent and that's why they draw better than he does? No. Evolution and change is art. Art improves with hard work. Talent is a myth. Talent is just someone who's working to improve better than you are, it's understandable to be angry, but don't fall prey to the trap of thinking it's talent and that you'll never reach their levels or that they took the easy road. They didn't. They worked hard just like you, let other artists light a fire in your belly. Improve, evolve, change, bring life to your world. This is art. Hard work is art. Fuck everything.
>>
File: 1488104476602.jpg (60KB, 607x498px) Image search: [Google]
1488104476602.jpg
60KB, 607x498px
>>92528170
>he's fast
>not "hayai"
>>
talent, or a 'natural affinity', is just hard work put in earlier. Maybe you were praised at a very young age for your art, and so you've kept it in mind throughout your childhood. When you begin to pursue it properly later in life you pick things up faster than most, and people will say you were 'born with it', when, in actuality, you just were just raised in a more artistically inclined environment. Technically, you started much earlier than those other people, so the hard work you've put in is still there, it was just absorbed unconciously.
>>
>>92527009
>It probably isn't in most countries
I know it is in the US and it's retarded
>>
>>92524894
in your pics case, id say Trump trumped nepotism last year
>>
>>92525277
>white women
they are the biggest minority, ergo they get the most help
>>
File: 1464721877214.jpg (114KB, 540x563px) Image search: [Google]
1464721877214.jpg
114KB, 540x563px
>>92528083
>There's no such thing as talent! Talent is just hard work you can't see.
fucking this
>>
>>92525277
>using action asterisks
>>
>>92528497
>not using them
>>
>>92526359
>Daily Mail
On a side note that gif is the most Jewish Drake has ever looked
>>
>>92524735
notice how talent is a cloud? That's because it's not real. What it actually is luck
>>
>>92524894
Luck is what allowed life to evolve in such a harsh universe
>>
>>92525531
Didn't this guy help ruin the economy?
>>
>>92524850
The chinese communist party in a nutshell
>>
>>92528859
Dunno about China but the USSR had like infinitely less nepotism than the West, generally speaking.
(Government positions were obviously exceptions.)
Source: people who actually lived in both places
>>
>>92524735
>>
>>92525212
Most people in business have a certain ethics where they loathe outright nepotism and cronyism, but still want to see their friends and family succeed, so they'll give them a nudge or open a door for them but it's that person's responsibility to make the effort and work hard otherwise they're on their own.
>>
No. He's lazy. And he has no idea how hard people work on their art. He looks at art like a part time job and half-asses it. But these "talented" artists spend 80 hours a week working improving their art. They spend triple digit hours on a single piece. They don't bother asking "if I were more naturally talented would this be easier?" because they're too busy improving their work.
>>
>>92528935
>most people in business outright loath nepotism, but they like their friends and family so they practice it anyway
That's what you said. And it's true.

Access is everything. Nepotism is privileged access, not making excuses for bad work. That would just be incompetent management.
>>
>>92528886
Are you serious, retarderino? In communism EVERYTHING is a government position. And Russia, no matter which time your talking about, is positively infamous for its oligarchic class system.

Neither history nor international politics is not so stupid to put value in the first-hand experience of someone who must have been five years old when they left Russia and neither am I.
>>
>>92529008
Hey dipshit, my entire extended family is from all around the USSR, so you can fuck off with your BS. (Then again, what can I expect from someone who thinks "everything" was a government position there?)
>And Russia, no matter which time your talking about, is positively infamous for its oligarchic class system.
EXCEPT during the Soviet period. That's why people are still pissed off about the collapse, even if Western propaganda has thus far been successful at staving off another revolution.
>>
Talen is something that barely makes a difference, sure if you're born into a prodigy child like Mozart and shit you might have been born with the luck of "talent", but most people use the talent excuse because they don't want to work hard and actually improve.
This mostly applies when it comes to art and music, they don't realize that the good("talented") have worked hard and for a very long time to obtain that level of skill and the author is obviously one of the people that think "talent" can magically make you good at anything without and hard work.
>>
It's not your ability but how you use it
>>
>>92529100
People work hard on stuff because they KNOW they're talented and want to do well in that area.
If you're not talented in something you shouldn't waste time on it, ESPECIALLY if you're not rich.
>>
Since he's obviously talking about his art (why do artists like to complain about their skill?), he's right and wrong, I've seen talented amazing artists never put in the hours or really want it and fail hard and get stuck working shitty jobs, and I've seen piss poor artists put in their time and give it everything they have and never give up and become very successful
>>
>>92529108
It's all relative, compared to the masters there is nothing you're talented at and you will dissapear into obscurity no matter what field you pick.
>>
>>92524735
Yes, things are easier for Goku; he get's a magic flying cloud and your ass has to run like Krillin, but if you keep running you might just end up with Android 18 .
>>
>>92529135
The thing is, the economy is so saturated (in all fields) that you have to be one of the best to get by. Just being "good" isn't enough, unless of course it's just a hobby and you have income on the side.
>>
>>92528939
He's not even an artist, he just draws stupid oh so relatable comics
he's nothing but an entertainer
>>
>>92527073
I cannot argue with connections but I have seen 10 people given the same opportunity via those connections and only 4 could hack it. Small sample size but regardless of what gets you there most cases will require at least a maintenance level worth of work.

I say this coming from the perspective of often being the connection for my peers.
>>
>>92524735
I was molded in the English language since i was 4. So far i won about 30-40 English competitions/olympiads. There are lot of kids trying their hardest, but i best them since i perfected English at like 15,and now im realizing as i am learning german, how hard it is to not have a given base/talent.
>>
>>92529409
You're assuming that those same people don't have other connections they can just keep using and coasting on those almost indefinitely.
>>
>>92529466
>I was molded in the English language since i was 4.
Doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>92524735
Hate this guy's comics, they are all pretty much the same
>>
>>92529535
That is not what I am assuming. Read the post again. If a connection gets you there I argue some level of work is required for retention. Moving on to a new opprutinity via a new connection, or coasting as you called it, has nothing to do with posistion retention as conceived in my post.
>>
>>92529638
What I'm saying is that these people often don't give a shit about said retention. They'll stick around for as long as they can be tolerated at one position and then just move on to the next like it's nothing.
>>
>>92524735
Talent may give a head start but the hard work required to catch up and surpass that talent is incredibly minimal. This is something teenagers in high school complain about.
>>
Talent will, at best, give you a moderate head start when first developing a skill. Nobody is born into the top tier of any art or science.
>>
>>92529682
That is fine if that is what you are saying, i was just not making the assumptions you claimed.
>>
>>92529598

They're fucking awful. I know it makes sense that they're popular, but I still hate that they are. They're fucking shit and and author will never realize this. He'll live in deluded self-satisfaction that he's making an amazing comic.
>>
>>92529542
>his English textbooks were covered in mold
>>
>>92524735
Talent just means you pick up on certain concepts or adapt pretty easily. There's still a gap where hard work needs to do its job. Like building diligence, work ethic or making an established portfolio.

Then there's the part where a talented artist has some flaws that are so glaring, it brings down the work. So there's that.
>>
>>92524735
agree with this to a point
i know 2 people
the first has a small amount of talent but a but load of drive, he wants to be a comic book artist and everything he does is work towards that he even moved to america to achieve his dream. i have nothing but respect for him because of his resolve and i wish i had the same

the second person is a very talent artist but but fuck is he lazy, he is a single child so his parents have given him everything which might be one reason he is the way he is. he doesn't have a job he did go to uni for a while but, i have envy his talent but cant stand that he doesn't have the drive to use it to further him self as a artist.

the first friend is a best friend i dont talk to him much since he moved but because of his hard work he has a stead work

the other friend lives with his parents i dont talk to him but once in a while see him he hasn't changed one but
talent is a factor yes but drive and hard work will always win out
>>
>>92524735
As someone learning How to draw, i think he is wrong. Some people look at what i can do now and think i could always do it, because now i make It look easy. What they can't see is how much time It took to get here.
>>
>>92529466
>You think English is your ally? You merely adopted the English. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see German until I was already a man
Also reminder that sensible languages do not have "spelling bees" because they don't have absolutely retarded pronounciations in the first place
>>
>>92529844
The first will continue to get better and the second is only as good as he is because he has so much free time to spend on doing what he enjoys doing, but without the drive to go further than his comfort zone he can only get so far.

I used to have more drive for drawing but a career in graphic design has kind of left me too tired for it lately. I took plenty of drawing classes and practiced enough that I can draw something I've never drawn before without much trouble, but it won't be that good. It would come off as natural skill but all the hard work that got me that skill was a long time ago and is very rusty.

The guy who drew the op is an idiot. He's an asshole for suggesting that the reason people are better than him and make their art look effortless is because they are just talented and didn't have to work as hard as him. Bullshit. They had to work their asses off to get to the point of making it look that easy.
>>
File: average webcomic.jpg (116KB, 846x580px) Image search: [Google]
average webcomic.jpg
116KB, 846x580px
>>92524735
>>
>>92529968
With drawings like that, you an make everything look bad.
>>
>>92528543
That was "Hoover".
>>
File: 1494227067450.jpg (66KB, 554x429px) Image search: [Google]
1494227067450.jpg
66KB, 554x429px
>>92524735
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
>>92524735
This whole line of thinking is such a waste of time. So people are better than him at something? That's good for them. Im sure he has some level of skill to be proud of. Maybe he should try applying it towards something other than four panel life-punching-face comics for Facebook.
>>
File: 1i6NQJk.jpg (42KB, 471x363px) Image search: [Google]
1i6NQJk.jpg
42KB, 471x363px
Listen to Bob Ross.
>>
>>92526241
>All the pillars are on a cloud of talent except his

Seems about right.
>>
>>92524838
>The joke not being funny means it's not there
When will this retarded meme end?
>>
>>92529774
That's more like it.
>>92529915
Language is pronunciation, not spelling. The written form is the one that's supposed to adapt.
>>
File: 1495249995702.jpg (229KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495249995702.jpg
229KB, 1200x1200px
I fixed it.
>>
>>92524735
Yes and no. Talent tends to be the spark that creates a reason to work hard on something; if your finding a skill you've never worked on to be fun AND you show an adept understanding where others would have gotten confused, what reason DON'T you have to pursue that skill or career further?
That being said, unless you're an autistic savant who can write a masterpiece or solve the mysteries of the universe, talent serves as the spark, it doesn't mean you instantly know everything about a topic. That idea can differ from skill to skill, but then (as an example, being a writer) the other guy could just be lucky, or could have a decent understanding of currently popular topics that would be an instant hit (50 shades sells like candy to single-mothers, and if I recall right Sarah Scribbles makes books that are literally about her complaining about adult life, which sell like candy to SJWs and Neet teenagers)
I kinda wish Owlturd would stop being so depressing, life has its fair moments of shittiness but from all the comics I've seen posted here by him, he just really likes latching onto shitty moments rather than the good ones.
>>
File: 2165468.gif (1MB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
2165468.gif
1MB, 320x235px
>>92525051
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 218x290px
Talent at best probably only exists in sports, and even then its not a magical level of granted skill but more like the rate at which you improve
>>
File: HP.png (494KB, 811x716px) Image search: [Google]
HP.png
494KB, 811x716px
>>92528083

Fucking wrong. I have know people in college who play video games all day long, barely pay attention in class, and procrastinate until the last minute for homework and projects.
Easy. Fucking. A.

I know people who study their ass off, are hyper-focused in class, and work their ass off on homework and projects.
Barely got a fucking B.
>>
>>92530627
> I have know people in college who SAYS they play video games all day long, barely pay attention in class, and say they procrastinate until the last minute for homework and projects.
Fixed that for 'ya
It's the same shit with people saying they can eat how much they want without gaining any weight, and "everytime" you hang out with them they easy soooo much. But in reality they barely eat anything and the times you see them eat so much is actually just a rarity and it's probably the only thing they eat throughout the whole day.
>>
File: 1485051324246.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1485051324246.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>92526359
You posted the exact same thing in the thread about this comic on /v/ yesterday. You're linking the daily fucking mail.
>>
File: 1490492914322.jpg (31KB, 324x489px) Image search: [Google]
1490492914322.jpg
31KB, 324x489px
Talent is the thing you need to be able to become world-class at something. Everything below that, you can still reach with hard work (obvious physical or genetic limitations aside).
>>
File: 1494544157087.jpg (15KB, 295x209px) Image search: [Google]
1494544157087.jpg
15KB, 295x209px
What you guys are conflating is skill in art and being monetarily successful. Talent is the default you are at, where hard work is the practice to get there. The best way to describe it is to use music.

You practice all day to get to the level you're at, and you reach a decent level. You don't have a natural feel for where notes go, but you gain practice to play great. You cannot create your own songs quickly, and maybe you don't try to because it's a near futile effort. You can play cover songs to near perfection, with your stylistic flair thrown in.

Meanwhile your buddy who is more talented than you take less to reach a higher skill level, and can wank out solos and other songs at the drop of the hat. while the sound of his playing is less polished than yours, he is the one making music, soloing over something just created, and therefore being a better showman. I'd even say this guy is less skilled but more talented, as his playing ability is lower than the baseline, my own. Your boy at owlturd is upset that people can just walk in the door of art and be naturally better (read: talented) than someone like him who put in the effort (Read: hard work) to reach that same level. It's not a great feeling, and any artist who's felt it understands the difference between being skilled, and talented.
>>
>>92530755
Not the guy you were replying to, but that's not quite right. I know because I am the person who barely puts any effort in and still gets easy A's while a lot of my classmates who are much more disciplined and organized and still struggle to get by. It would be really douchey of me to say to my diligent, hard-working classmates, "If you want to get on my level, you just have to start working as hard as I do." I know it annoys me when I'm struggling with something new and more experienced people tell me I'm just not trying hard enough. It's patronizing at best and belittling at worst.

My overall point is that everyone develops skills at different rates, and what comes naturally to one person might be difficult for someone else. That's no reason for anybody not to put effort into what they're doing, but it's something people should bear in mind. It's weird to me that so many people don't accept that idea.
>>
>>92531358
I like how people try to argue that talent is existent because some people can get easy A's without any hard work.
Memorization does not equal talent or bullshitting a long thesis.

Could you please explain to me just how it's "talent" that you get easy A? Just what talent are you talking about, easy memorization, being able to bullshit stuff? I really want to know
>>
FUCK no

talent doesnt mean shit if you cant harness it, which takes hard work.

talent just means that hard work is going to pay off more for someone than someone who has no talent

a person with talent can go further but starts at the same place

why is this guy such a faggot with these comics
>>
>>92531429
1) I'm studying physics, which is less about memorization and more about taking basic principles and using them to problem solve. That's honestly one of the things that appeals to me about it. I'm bad at memorization.

2) If memorization/bullshitting/whatever I'm doing isn't a skill in your opinion, why are so many of my classmates having a hard time with it?
>>
>>92531527
You still didn't answer the question, just what is your "talent" which makes you so much better at "studying" which your classmates are having suuuch a hard time with as you say?
>>
>>92531674
I did answer your question. The main skill required in my field of study is taking a small set of core principles and using them to solve physical problems. I naturally seem to be pretty good at doing that. Now answer my question, mate. In what way is that not a skill?
>>
>>92531777
So you're just doing what's expected out of you that you learned, just how is that a talent when you need to learn it?
That's kind of saying like I have a talent because I have an "easy" time filling out a form which say:"Fill out this box and not this one".
The stuff you're talented at is just something everyone has to learn about and everyone can, you're not talented just because you know the capital of every country, that's knowledge.

You're confusing knowledge with talent.
>>
>>92528083
That's such blatant bullshit that you'd have to be retarded to believe it. "Oh, no-one is born beautiful, you just have to practice!"
>>
>it's a talent vs hard work episode
https://youtu.be/-ciFTP_KRy4
>>
>>92531865
>I don't understand the difference between memorization and problem solving
Sounds like you're just butthurt because you have no talent yourself.
>>
>>92531922
Not him but memorization is a big part of problem-solving.
>>
>>92531922
You sure showed me there anon. I guess you're really talented in making good arguments also.
>>
File: qvicqtY.png (445KB, 619x2046px) Image search: [Google]
qvicqtY.png
445KB, 619x2046px
>>
>>92531865
>So you're just doing what's expected out of you that you learned, just how is that a talent when you need to learn it?
That applies to literally anything a person could learn, from solving physics problems to playing an instrument. My point is, I seem to have an easier time learning the information and developing the skills required in my field than some other people do (and I'm going to stand by my statement that problem solving is a skill).

Also, I feel like we're working off different definitions of "skill" and "talent". Unless we can both clearly state what we mean, I don't think this discussion is going to go anywhere.
>>
>>92531949
Memorization alone won't get you far if you study STEM past high school.
>>
>>92531995
Of course not. That's why I said memorization is a big PART of problem solving. You won't be able to solve shit if you're not memorizing shit.
>>
>>92524735
Definitely.
>>
>>92524735

Talent gives you a boost but hard work beats talet every single time.

I hate this fucker, all he does is whine about """relateable""" shit.
>>
>>92524735
He's right but you gotta play the cards you're given
>>
>>92529992
Pretty sure it was a combination of both, senpai.
>>
>>92524735
No, because he is dismissing the work that a talented person did to achieve the same result, pretending like it "doesn't count" for some reason.
>>
>>92524813
I'm certain there's a lot of people wandering around in a modern city who are really REALLY talented at basket-weaving

sadly basket weaving isnt a talent that modern cities reward very much.
>>
Just remember that the true moral of the tortoise and the hare was that hard work beats lazy talent. Of course, if the talent works hard, hard work will usually be a step behind. So really it could go either way.
>>
>>92533720
I think in this context he is using simple situations like sports ability or mathematical ability. In both, in-born talent hugely dictates how far you will go. Sure there are the occaisional people who just stick to it and learn every aspect of math/the sport the old fashion way. But that isnt why sports teams pay large amounts of money to their talent scouts, and its not why big-name colleges pay large grants to strongly mathematically inclined people.
Talent is rare, if you were talented in something that you could market you probably found it by the time you turned 25 at the latest.
>>
>>92524735
I don't think so. The whole thing of "you can do anything if you have talent" is a myth. Talent is a plus but ultimately you HAVE to work hard, there's no magic ticket to the top.
>>
>>92533827
People aren't born with mathematical ability. You know why makes people good at math? What makes them able to easily multiply numbers together in their head? Practice. Practice, and generally some interest in doing so. Pretty much all the mathematical "geniuses" you saw in school were likely kids who had parents teaching them math at home, making it more engaging and more practical than reading it all out of an old school book. They were good at math simply because they'd put in dozens or hundreds of hours by that point.

Sports teams are a slightly different situation, mainly because they are picking the top talent out of a large pool of (usually) adults. In that case, the people they pick are usually going to be genetically gifted in their upper limits - that is, people who can obtain the physical muscle mass or the endurance and stamina that other people simply could not achieve. But none of those people got to that point just based on "inate talent" or anything like that. They spent all their time working out and being physically active, in order to reach the level of activity needed to get to that physical point. So yes, there is one in-born aspects that allow them to be picked to top sports teams which most people would never have the chance to reach. But it is not some fantasy cloud of "talent" which allows the person to reach that point without any work.

People bitching about others with talent tend to ignore that, even with talking about talented people, a lot of work and devotion was invested to reach their level.
>>
>>92525051
I can't tell if this is making fun of the problematic alt-right or the degenerate left.

I think it might be both, which is nice to see.
>>
>>92530116
bob was taken from us too soon, maybe if he still existed shitty internet artists wouldn't exists. he was the kind of people that if you ever go back in time you totally have to save them to change the future
>>
>>92530270
this is good
>>
>>92528518
>>92531139

t. retards

See >>92526568
>>
>>92534015
wow struck a nerve much?

multiplication tables are not a judgement of talent. Doing fucking calculus in your head after one lesson is a judgement of talent. They dont issue free rides to the best colleges because you can do multiplication in your head.
>>
>>92533821
And in this economy, being "a step behind" means being homeless. That's why hardworkfags are not only delusional but fucking dangerous to society.
>>
>>92524735
>work 8 years and longer on art skills
>can't even draw a fucking circle
>want to give up
>can't give up
>drawing is fun to me
>sometimes skill is everything combined
>hard work, talent, luck and a good teacher
>>
>>92535906
Name one person who managed to do calculus in their head after sitting through just one lesson of it.
>>
>>92536014
>can't even draw a fucking circle
did you not fucking watch spongebob?
>>
>>92536472
yeah i struggle at the second step
>>
>>92536337
me
not even joking here

too bad i fail at actual important shit like statistics
>>
>>92524735
Yeah and I bet he defines talent as 'anything that someone makes look easy'. Salty bastard.
>>
>>92531908
Mozart's father had trained him to play since he was four. It's not a good argument.
>>
>>92536518
>me
>not even joking here
Okay, cool.

So can you integrate the formula x^3+4, from 0 to 10? In your head, of course.
>>
>>92536693
Not him, but I think that's 2540. But that's not a very challenging question, because if you know how to integrate simple functions, asking someone to do a specific integral just comes down to arithmetic. Math isn't about being able to do things in your head. It's about being able to wrap your head around and apply certain concepts.
>>
>>92524735
No, regardless of talent you will never achieve anything without hard work
Also a lot of people that get called talented secretly break their backs working in secret to achieve the skill but let everyone else believe there is something magic about them.
>>
He worked hard to get to the point he's at now?
>>
>>92536590
Salieri Started training at a young age too.
>>
>>92524735
No, Adachi is never right
>>
>>92536868
The other Anon was the one who claimed that doing calculus in your head after one lesson was a measure of talent. I just gave them a relatively simple problem to work out in their head, to see if they really could do it.

I'd argue that being able to understand and apply new concepts is an aspect of intelligence, not talent. At least, not how most people talk about the topic. The comic in OP isn't talking about the difficulty in learning or applying new knowledge. It is comparing an established set of skills with somebody who has "talent" at the same level, which is a false comparison. Even if the talented person was quickly able to grasp how the skills applied to the task, they would still need to learn those skills and learn how to apply them successfully: an application of hard work for the talented person, as well.
>>
>>92533821
The hare didn't even have to work hard. He just needed to work and he would have easily won.
>>
>>92536693
That's extremely easy. You must be a complete brainlet
>>
>>92536590
>people bring up the nature vs nuture argument every time this discussion happens
>everyone forgets that people's brains develop the most in early childhood, when they have very little control over their lives specifically because they can't be expected to make good decisions
This is why talent exists.
People can't really control what they learn in those first ten years, but those are also the most important years for learning.
>>
>>92536337
Sir Isaac Newton? The man who invented calculus
>>
File: trollfeedingdumbasses.gif (5KB, 437x275px) Image search: [Google]
trollfeedingdumbasses.gif
5KB, 437x275px
>>92537145
>it is comparing an established set of skills with somebody who has "talent" at the same level, which is a false comparison.
Exactly. Everyone in this thread got triggered and are sperging out like the autists they are
/thread
>>
>>92538174
Wait does this mean i'm the troll
or that i give trolls their precious (you)'s?
>>
You have to have been practicing since 5 to have cartoon talent tho
>>
>>92538200
yes anon.
you was phone.
>>
File: sydney_rhetoric.png (543KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sydney_rhetoric.png
543KB, 1200x1200px
>>92530270
>>
File: don't_emulate_this.png (497KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
don't_emulate_this.png
497KB, 1200x1200px
>>92539160
>>
>>92538062
Though it should be emphasized that it's even worse than that, as some people are *born* with enhanced brain capabilities in one or more areas.
>>
>>92524735
Random fucking chance is king.

Skill / talent just put you in a better position to get lucky.
>>
>>92539407
FUCKING EMUS
>>
>>92524735
>boo hoo i have bad genes and wasn't raised right!!!
ha
>>
>>92524735
No

Talent can help you advance faster but you still need to put in the work to learn and progress, and a lot of the time people just don't get how much work and effort and practice "talented" people have put into honing their craft over the years.
>>
File: Lossturd.png (577KB, 1322x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lossturd.png
577KB, 1322x1200px
>>92530270
I fixed it better
>>
>>92524850
>tfw this little retarded shitbag I know got a job over this kid with perfect grades just because his dad is the union boss.
>>
>>92524735
Having the ability to work hard and be patient is talent in itself.
>>
File: tumblr_ok8ovhWISM1sbnvmro1_1280.png (459KB, 1280x973px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok8ovhWISM1sbnvmro1_1280.png
459KB, 1280x973px
>>
File: tumblr_olbsahUVkl1sbnvmro1_1280.png (312KB, 1280x973px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olbsahUVkl1sbnvmro1_1280.png
312KB, 1280x973px
There's a whole series of these by Tonci Zonjic, one of the best comic artists working right now IMO.
>>
File: tumblr_oe4cbrTpy21sbnvmro1_1280.png (344KB, 1280x973px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe4cbrTpy21sbnvmro1_1280.png
344KB, 1280x973px
>>
>>92540045
>>92540022
>>92539997
Fuck you fatty. I'm going to have self defeating attitude which sucks the joy from my passion and there's nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>92539797
They put in the hard work because they KNOW they can get the results. Most people cannot, no matter how hard they try.
>>
File: tumblr_ohczrp65YD1sbnvmro1_1280.png (335KB, 1280x973px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohczrp65YD1sbnvmro1_1280.png
335KB, 1280x973px
>>
File: literally every owlturd comic.jpg (123KB, 829x600px) Image search: [Google]
literally every owlturd comic.jpg
123KB, 829x600px
>>92524735
>>
>>92540131
(I know man, I wish I could always be on the good track but I feel like shit at least 50% of the time)
>>
>>92540185
3rd time this exact same picture has been posted already
>>
>>92540135
Not really

A lot of people who are good at art, for example, start putting in work very young, and keep putting in work over the years.

Like sure yes some people have more talent in a field than others - but a lot of people still downplay the insane amount of practice and disciplined conscious intent on improving the "talented" people have put in. Like I see a lot of people legit having the nerve to whine they've worked hard on drawing for at least weeks now and still suck, clearly they have no talent - whereas I used to draw a lot daily and sucked for years till I eventually got decent.

It's kind of arrogant actually, that they think they should be near- instantly great at something or else they give up.

But yeah people just ignore time and effort. It's like people who've been overweight couch potatoes all their lives claiming they don't have the genes to do sorts because look, these people who are naturally thin run and jog so easily (after years of running every day) whereas this person has gone on walks for at least two weeks and STILL isn't as thin or agile
>>
>>92540784
Dude, nobody "ignores" the time and effort. People aren't that stupid - they figure it's pointless to try when there are other things to do right now, things that will actually get results. Stop these memes.
>>
File: 1495257080966.jpg (370KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495257080966.jpg
370KB, 1200x1200px
>>92524735
>>
>>92540846
>they figure it's pointless to try
Right, exactly. They don't even try and justify it to themselves with bullshit feel-good excuses like "I don't have the natural talent" or "those other people KNEW they were great all along, which is why they kept practicing" or whatever.

It's the same tier as "it's pointless for me to try to control my weight or exercise, my genetics dictate my natural weight and I can never be fit and thin as easily as the naturally thin people so I won't even really try, I went on a diet for a week and it didn't work so"

Nothing wrong with choosing not to spend your time on thing x, everyone uses their time as they see fit. But hiding behind muh genetics and natural talent is a bit pitiful.
>>
>>92541043
Except you continue to ignore one simple fact in spreading your ideology: THEY ARE CORRECT.
>>
>>92524735
Yes, talent sets your starting point. Hard work/skill affects how high you go.
>>
>>92541093
I don't know if this will be my undoing but my need to keep making art and trying to communicate something is stronger than my resignation to having no talent. Of course as an artist I fantasize that one day I'll be as good as Milt Kahl but I know that won't happen. What should I do then, quit? That's just silly.
>>
>>92541402
>What should I do then, quit? That's just silly.
It's only silly if you have another source of income.
>>
>>92524735
Nope, if anything talent cloud guy should be higher than hard work guy.
>>
>>92541434
Struggle is part of life and we focus to find solution to problems.
>>
>>92525051
gibs?
>>
>>92541093
Nah
They're not ready to put in the effort, which is fair; it's a helluva lot of work for just getting good at a hobby.

But they don't want to admit to themselves they choose to not pursue their "dream" because it's too much effort and they're tired after work every day, so they invent up stuff like oh I don't have the genetics to be x like those other folk, so it's pointless for me to even try
>>
>>92524735
No because actually talented people are a rarity. A majority of the time, that other person is highly adaptable rather than talented. Everyone with an average intelligence is adaptable, but one has experience that in some way helps the others things they do and others don't. A person who focused solely on art their entire life wouldn't be as good as someone who has a multitude of other experiences/skills assisting in their art focus. It's why you can have someone jump into a new field and excel more than veterans, because his past experiences helped him. It's all about changing your strategy and not becoming complacent with the norm. Challenge is what leads to growth, not practice
>>
File: 23423423432423424234.jpg (122KB, 827x600px) Image search: [Google]
23423423432423424234.jpg
122KB, 827x600px
>>
>>92531984
This made me laugh for like a minute straight.
>>
>>92541578
Unless you're one of the millions of Americans who don't and wind up homeless.
>>
File: Jack_ma_meme.jpg (31KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_ma_meme.jpg
31KB, 600x400px
Remember.
>>
>>92542735
Oh hey, I go to his website for outfit references.
>>
File: 12223123123343324234324.jpg (122KB, 830x600px) Image search: [Google]
12223123123343324234324.jpg
122KB, 830x600px
>>
>>92524735
but the art is terrible and has no effort put in...
>>
>>92544527
>>but the art is terrible
>>terrible
>2017
>not knowing what [appeal] means in art
>>
>>92530270
I don't understand the hatred for rich people.
>>
>>92544833
They're better at life than me, so I automatically hate them.
>>
>>92524735

Talent doesn't mean jackshit if it's never honed in on, used properly or improved. Talent can go nowhere for a lot of reasons. But what allows talent to be useful is if you put in some hard work to it.
>>
Why not just watch ping-pong the animation
>>
>>92544946
>Mommy and Daddy had money and that makes me arbitrarily better than you
>>
>>92545126
But it's true. My hatred is completely justified.
>>
>>92534015
>people aren't born with mathematical ability
lol, just fucking lol. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>92545126
Yeah, their life is probably better if they're rich.
>>
>>92545574
Exactly. If you're born into a rich family it's impossible for you to fail. You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>92545608
>it's impossible for you to fail
Not everyone who starts out rich stays rich. Poor people don't always stay poor.
>>
>>92544833
You're pretty fucking dumb then.
>>
>>92545668
Explain why then.
>>
>>92545126
Yes, me having more money means I am better than you in every way. Do not fight me.
>>
>>92545608
Worse even is if you're a Senator's kid.
>>
>>92524735
Yes.

Hard work is a meme.

Do what your talents are, even if you dislike it
>>
File: Found a small loan.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Found a small loan.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>92524825
Trump lucks all
>>
>>92545714
Simple. A majority of the wealthy game the system in order to get more money, often to the detriment of the less wealthy.
>>
>>92559847
>majority of the wealthy
How do you know its the majority?
>>
>>92524735
This is just making excuses he's trivializing the hard work of others and calling it talent to make up for the inferiority he feels for not having worked as hard as them.
>>
>>92526359
Physical ability plays no role in art though.
Yeah people can be born bigger or with a greater potential for something not that that matters if they don't nurture that potential, but the comic in the OP is about drawing, there is no way of being genetically predisposed to being an artist it's just skill and practice.
>>
>>92567697
If anything, it trivializes *actual* hard work not to recognize that many if not most people who get ahead in life are just exceedingly lucky, period.
>>
>>92524735
This seems to suggest that talent can't/doesn't come from hard work. Fuck this autistic self-loathing faggot. I hate Owlturd with a passion
>>
>>92559847
>A majority of the wealthy game the system in order to get more money
1:How many would you say, what percentage?
2:Why are you not gaming the system then?
>>
>>92567830
Well luck plays a part, the idea that everyone that does better then you didn't have to put in any work is moronic and says more about your lack of willingness to put in hard work than any absence on their part.
>>
>>92531874
>no one is born tall or built
>>
>>92526241
Caracalla really needs a chunk of "Fratricide" in his pillar.
>>
File: 1490248454849smol.jpg (33KB, 399x389px) Image search: [Google]
1490248454849smol.jpg
33KB, 399x389px
>>92524735
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TALENT PRIVELEGE!

LET'S ALL BE HARRISON BERGERON!
>>
>>92541945
'Gibs me dat'. Welfare.
>>
File: 1491469829774.png (30KB, 160x299px) Image search: [Google]
1491469829774.png
30KB, 160x299px
>>92524735
No fucking way.
I'm not what you can call talented. I worked on my art for years, but i'm still not that good. So I might start to bitch the same way as he does.
But when i look at my peers, at people i look up to and that are the same age, or even younger than me.. Those people work HARD. They do in a year what I would in two, or even three. The amount of effort and dedication they put in working is crazy. Those people DESERVES their skill.

Only some faggot appealing to normies would say otherwise. And the fact that an "artist", so someone that shoudl know better artist than him and saw them work has the gall to say this is infuriating. What a lazy fucking piece of shit.

Now, let's get back to work maybe.
>>
>>92530627
>>92530755

This is real weird about this because I've worked myself to the bone as a model student for 3 years and gotten A's until this last semester when I dropped the ball on just about everything. Turned in uncompleted or late assignments, didn't bother with homework, didn't study for tests, etc. Because of this, I thought I was gonna end up with straight C's since thats where my raw grade was sitting at, but I pulled out with a 3.6 for the semester, 3 A- and 2 B+, and its giving me anxiety because now I'm wondering if I'm a fraud and if this supposedly highly ranked school isn't as academically rigorous as they claim. these are not reassuring thoughts going into my senior year.
>>
>>92568229
>It's everybody else's fault but mine
If you are working as hard as you claim and seeing no change you either doing it wrong or not working as hard as you think.
That isn't to say that everyone that works hard is going to be a millionaire or whatever but say if you're working at mcdonalds for twenty years you have seriously fucked up somewhere in life.
>>
>>92568491
Your ideology has already destroyed America and it will destroy the world if unchecked. Have fun with your minuscule reduction in taxes though, I'm sure it will do you a lot of good if and when that happens
>>
File: Erasmus-lecture-3.jpg (541KB, 1641x1869px) Image search: [Google]
Erasmus-lecture-3.jpg
541KB, 1641x1869px
>>92524735
i hate this cunt and his shitty comics

fuck "relatable" comics. WOW you're a lazy manchild dullard whose parents didn't beat them enough, thanks for letting me know, yeah your insecurities sure are interesting pal. eat a dick.
>>
This isn't even a joke

Just a fucking observation

WHERE'S THE JOKE FUCKLEY
>>
>>92568573
>Have fun with your minuscule reduction in taxes though
lolwut?
What are you even talking about anymore?
>>
>>92568622
Your ideology.
>>
>>92568685
And what is that?
Because all I said is that if you downplay the success of everyone other than yourself to being pure luck with no hard work on their part at all then you are insecure and possibly lazy.
>>
>>92568612
stop projecting anon
>>
>>92524813
Why the fuck hasnt this thread been concluded after the third reply
>>
>>92568945
Yup, that's the one.
>>
>>92569373
And what is wrong with that?
>>
>>92525364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmgHAT7IdDQ
>>
>>92569521
Your exaggerations aside, you're shitting upon people you don't even know simply for failing at something through no fault of their own.
>>
>>92568491
>That isn't to say that everyone that works hard is going to be a millionaire or whatever but say if you're working at mcdonalds for twenty years you have seriously fucked up somewhere in life.
Do you not realize there aren't remotely enough high-quality jobs for the whole population?
>>
File: 1488436809813.png (43KB, 706x669px) Image search: [Google]
1488436809813.png
43KB, 706x669px
>>92569623
>no fault of their own.
>>
>>92542608
That's pretty much my only concern, I don't really care that much about comparing myself to others

you only need a public that likes your stuff, that's why Owlturd makes money
>>
>>92571367
Of course, if you're not American you're really screwed, because there basically isn't a market for this type of stuff in the vast majority of countries.
>>
>>92571801
Yeah, I'm not American
>>
>>92569679
There are more jobs than just high quality and minimum wage though
just because you don't have a high quality one does not force you to work at mcdonalds
>>
>>92572088
Not in this economy, no. Are you a time traveller?
>>
File: RAGE.png (708KB, 543x576px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
708KB, 543x576px
>>92524735
Why the fuck is this retard complaining? His lack of """"talent"""" got him adequate internet fame for making 4 panel comics that take 10 minutes to throw together in Photoshop whereas there's people better on him all over Deviantart, Tumblr and even fucking /ic/ who just weren't smart enough or probably just didn't want to lower themselves to churn out material for this garbage medium to capitalise on the shitty "adulting is le HARD XD" imgur webcomic trend, I see generic Steven Universe OCs drawn by 14 year olds better than this faggot's work, I see all those photorealistic ass pictures of dragons and video game ogres all over Deviantart better than this faggot's work; they all get ignored for not being as """'original""" or stylistically recognisable as him and for not whinging about their first world problems in lazy webcomics and he has the nerve to bitch about people getting further than him in life because of their talent/lack of hard work. Fuck this guy.
>>
>>92572124
Are you blind, mute retarded quadruple amputee?
Try looking
>>
>>92524735
Re's right in that talent is a head start but if you're still at the point where a talented person can start where you've worked up to you ain't shit, get back to the grind.
>>
>>92572124
The jobs exist, you just don't want to do them.
>>
File: 1495215367602.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495215367602.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>92530270
>Preach how the wealthy are all evil
>Become wealthy

Well anon you better give it all back if you don't want to be evil
>>
>>92524735
>le artist: time to do something productive
>brain with the word anxiety written on it: not today
>le artist crying in bed
quality content, never gets old
>>
>>92525217
>Mozart
>>
>>92574060
Who are you even talking about? No one in this thread is going to become wealthy, including you.
>>
>>92529078
>Hey dipshit, my entire extended family is from all around the USSR, so you can fuck off with your BS. (Then again, what can I expect from someone who thinks "everything" was a government position there?)
You have to go back

>EXCEPT during the Soviet period.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofim_Lysenko

Yeah that's because in the USSR ideological fanaticism replaced nepotism.

Russians when will they learn.
>>
>>92528886
China is like the Russian Federation on steroids.

Anyway I don't think it's smart to say that "Russia had infinitely less nepotism than the west" it's a pretty vacuous statement, if your father was important you would be privileged. Not as much as in western society but western society allows fathers an income they can spend on their legacy. In the USSR what mattered most was your aligence to the Revolution, or to Stalin, or to whoevers coat tails you were riding, which is just ideological nepotism and it's just as bad. For other positions though, at the lowest levels knowing a guy did count for something. I think you guys are giving nepotism too much credit though. It really will only get you so started you have to be able to live up to whatever it is yourself.
>>
>>92545668
Alex Hirsch?
>>
>>92574284
>You have to go back
Unfortunately for you, shitposting anon, I'm not American.
>Yeah that's because in the USSR ideological fanaticism replaced nepotism.
Which was an excellent trade, all things considered.
>>
Why does admitting the inherent inequality between men make so many people on this board so butthurt?
>>
>>92576851
Go away /pol/
>>
File: 1495257080966.jpg (294KB, 1160x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1495257080966.jpg
294KB, 1160x1448px
>>92524735
I'd say it's more like this.
>>
File: 1481025648901.jpg (67KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481025648901.jpg
67KB, 528x960px
>>92577195
How is it /pol/ to point out no one, not one single person ever has gotten an a lot in life that was actually equal to any other?
>>
I know a lot of talented people who are lazy as shit or simple don't give a shit about their talent and never got anywhere.

Talent is only useful if you also work hard but working hard leads to talent.
>>
>>92526359

>Taking advice from jewish media.
>Wonders why he hasn't improved at anything.
>>
>>92527100
10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain and
100% reason to remember the name
>>
>>92567802
You do realize that there are other components to a person such as the brain that dictate people's innate abilities, right?

>>92541043
What's more pitiful being a person who denigrates and insults people for things they have no control over, insisting that they choose to suffer rather than admit it might be something out of their hands.

>>92534015
>People aren't born with mathematical ability
You are an idiot. Maths ability is strongly correlated with genes and fairly heritable as well as being related to development in certain areas of the brain due to a mixture of genetics and pre-natal conditions.
>>
>>92576851
It's been Western society's boner since the 90s. Like many other things it's a good principle (you should work hard and be determined to achieve your goals) that's been taken to extremes.

Although I'm guilty of it, I know it's a stupid line of thought to apply to art because art is clearly not objective. You can only measure technical skill in art but that's never been the end goal, it's just a tool. Only a person with no taste and emotion would pick his favorite paintings on the sole basis of technical skill, and what's technical skill anyway? You can do more with photobashing and 3D renders today than any old masters could do with observation and study, and in a fraction of the time.

Even from a career POV the only thing that being extremely skilled can ensure is that people might want you to teach them and you can sell them tutorials. There's no guarantee that your incredibly well rendered shlock will find a buyer. Meanwhile Owlturd makes a living with stick figures.
>>
>>92574193

He's probably American. Most Americans think that they'll become millionaires someday.
>>
>>92578006

>It's been Western society's boner since the 90s.

how old are you anon?
>>
>>92530066
Umm source on img, nice double dubs btw.
>>
>>92578620
Not him, but earlier enlightenment equality ideals were more about natural rights afforded to every man in equal measure regardless of their other differences, in contrast to the difference-blind "egalitarianism" of today which to some level obstinately rejects the idea that there are any differences.
>>
>>92578292
>Millionaire=wealthy

Kek
>>
>>92578824
Shh, let him dream anon. Let him dream.
>>
File: 1436704514234.jpg (124KB, 757x408px) Image search: [Google]
1436704514234.jpg
124KB, 757x408px
My only real talent is not having any. Most people don't know what kind of special hell it is having no aptitude for anything you've ever wanted to do. It's like having a barren field for a soul, where nothing nourishing can flourish and grow and you are left starving. Pining for something, anything, to fill the constant need inside you to be good at something. To have something to call your own.
>>
>>92577372
>da joos

Kill yourself
>>
File: 1493942105609.png (10KB, 604x608px) Image search: [Google]
1493942105609.png
10KB, 604x608px
>>92528909
>name is actually owlturd so you can't make fun of it by putting in some scatological reference
clever fucking ginger
>>
>>92524735
hard work beats talent in the long run, but when you're in your 20's it feels like that time will never come. Social media is partly to blame, everyone tries to be like a living highlight reel.
>>
File: heh heh heh.jpg (503KB, 1400x1433px) Image search: [Google]
heh heh heh.jpg
503KB, 1400x1433px
>>92524735
Someone should edit that and have the cloud say "Being a White-Cis-Hetero"
>>
>>92580858
>Hard work beats talent
Yeah, and hard work + talent beats just hard work. The whole "slow but steady wins the race" discounts the fact that someone with talent can and probably will work just as hard as you.
>>
>>92525277
because there are more white women then there are minorities you fucking idoit
>>
>>92577210
is the skill cap real? you can always improve a technical or mecanical skill with research, practice and hard work.
>>
>>92524735
I really hate this artist.
It's 70% jealousy, mind you, but the other 30% is the fact his comics aren't original or funny. Yet people can't stop sharing them.
>>
>>92581146
That makes no sense you double fucking idiot.
>>
>>92524735
no talent is a lie

>>92524850
this
>>
>>92581187
Learning about it is one thing, but putting it into practice is another. Sometimes you're going to run into some sort of limiter, one or more abilities for which a low natural aptitude bottlenecks everything else and brings progress to a screeching halt.

It's not an exact analog, but a good personal example of this would be playing competitive video games. I would put a thousand hours of deliberate practice in, but I'd basically have no real gains after putting in a couple hundred hours. Personally I think this is because I have impaired motor control and bad reflexes. I believe similar stuff could happen in art too, perhaps not the reflexes part, but someone might just not have a proper spatial sense or a lack of visual imagination (both things affect people I know personally) and could forever be stuck trying to learn some thing like proper perspective without ever being able to grasp it at the level that they need to progress to the next level of mastery. Brute force can only go so far, at some level you do have to have a knack for it. Admittedly usually that knack isn't a really high level of ability, but for some people that's an insurmountable cliff.

To say it more clearly talent to me is basically a big combination of different internal affinities and abilities, all of which add or subtract from each other till you get someone's skill-cap. How good they can get once they put in the work and all that. Some people get really good stats that add together to having "a talent" for whatever they are doing where as other people get crappy rolls.
>>
>>92576851
>>92577195
>>92577266
>>92578006
>>92578620
>>92578744
What the actual fuck? Has everyone lost it?
/pol/ would say everyone is capable of the same shit, they just don't work hard enough.
SJWs would say everyone is NOT capable of the same shit, that's why we need welfare.
>>
>>92581800
/pol/ would also say that different races are differently abled.

So basically /pol/ is a bunch of hypocrite cunts, nothing new about that.
>>
>>92581861
Of course, SJWs would say that white men don't deserve support because they're already privileged.

The hypocrisy goes both ways.
>>
>>92524735
The idea is correct but it's not accurate.
>>
>>92581861
Where's the hypocrisy in such a statement?
>>
>>92582188
You're not very bright, are you?
>>
>Discussion about skill, hard work and talent
>Turns within a handful of post into a trainwreck of political shitflinging
Why are white people so insecure?
>>
>>92524735
>Hard Work stands atop a pillar
>Talent floats on a cloud.
>Dumb luck rockets past both on a jetpack screaming WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
>>
>>92524735
he's playing on people's common sentiments and insecurities, but that doesn't mean you should give up just because other people are better. There will always be someone more privileged and talented than you, but I don't think people live long enough to ever find out where they actually stand on the totem pole.
>>
File: Monopole.jpg (39KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Monopole.jpg
39KB, 800x600px
>>92539820
Y- you bastard.
>>
Work smart not hard, that's all. Sometimes the toughest road is the stupidiest one.
>>
>>92580858
>everyone tries to be like a living highlight reel
that's the most perfect definition of it I've ever seen
>>
>>92581129
Also someone who's talented will have more doors open, more supportive parents, and so on. It's a real advantage but again, your only options are either giving up on something you want to do or sucking it up and doing your best
>>
>>92583506
Giving up is usually the best option, sadly.
Source: life experience from someone who's tried way too many things and failed so much it hurts.
>>
>>92583428
Work as the situation calls for it: when you find an elegant solution to your problem, use it, but realistically the "Smart" and "Easy" way is often the "Lazy" and "Incomplete" way.

Also: it really does take a lot of bashing your head against the walls of life to figure out where you can actually work smarter.
>>
>>92583506
Dunno about more supportive parents... Marshal Mathers' mother doesn't sound terribly supportive, and he was enormously talented... hell, the only reason he's famous is because Dr. Dre bothered to listen to a tape of the runner-up in a rap competition.
>>
>>92524735
no.
Talent is just hard work you didn't realise you did when you were younger.
>>
>>92583891
You realize that if work is easy enough you don't even realize you are doing it, it doesn't really count as "hard work", right?
>>
>All these people saying that talent doesn't matter because talent alone doesn't determine success
Not everyone cares about commercial success you know. Some of us just want talent only for our own satisfaction and not as a get rich quick scheme or a career.
>>
>>92524835
You forgot money
>>
File: Age 7.jpg (94KB, 428x597px) Image search: [Google]
Age 7.jpg
94KB, 428x597px
Here is a myth
In America, if you work very hard, with enough determination and persistence, you can become anything you want
>>
>>92524735
Yes and no. Some people have talent and some people don't. But you need both hard work and talent to get gud.
>>
File: fe73d89c2961047d94ca0fb9dde2fb55.jpg (811KB, 1019x701px) Image search: [Google]
fe73d89c2961047d94ca0fb9dde2fb55.jpg
811KB, 1019x701px
>>92586231
Here is another myth:
No matter how hard you work,
no matter how much you persist,
you'll never become what you want.

At some point, each of us chooses which myth we believe in. Ever since he could pick up a crayon, all Nelson Alexander Ross ever wanted to do was draw super heroes and make comics. So did a lot of other kids. But most of them either soon drifted to other fantasies, or just grew up altogether. Alex Ross never did. This is his story, and it's a simple one: Once upon a time a lonely little boy in Lubbock, Texas, turned to comic book heroes for friendship. And they did what they do best - they rescued him. But then, after a decade and a half of hard work and intense study, something amazing happened.

He returned the favor.

owlturd can go fuck itselff
>>
>>92586231
>>92586275

>tfw you don't even have a thing you want to become

what then?
>>
>>92524735
To a degree.
This was drawn by a 8 year old, but that's an extreme case.
But you get the idea
>>
>>92586343
Keep experimenting with new things until you find something that clicks
>>
>>92524850
WHO YOU BLOW
why 90% of females under 30 are in the industry.
>>
>>92586465
and 20 years later he created the worlds worst webcomic, homestuck
>>
File: copy.png (126KB, 504x340px) Image search: [Google]
copy.png
126KB, 504x340px
>>92586465
You know, this might actually be an argument against talent, if you consider savants to be the ultimate incarnation of it. Savants have insane memory and can copy things very accurately. They're rarely interested in getting better. They also have so many handicaps from having to do the very same thing repeatedly over and over that they only make it as artists on the basis that they're autistic savants.

The kid who made those horse drawings lost her "talent" as her brain developed its language-related regions. Her process didn't involve construction or any other method but straight up copy of already existing pictures.

Even that autistic guy who flies over cities and draws every building accurately from memory is incapable of building up perspective. If you ask that guy to draw the same thing from another angle, he can't.

People like Kim Jung Gi, instead, have been working HARD all their life to get to the level they're at, and they display control and mastery over their skills. THAT's what makes you an artist. The man applies perspective and basic construction (there are interviews where he shows his mental process) but he's done the process so much and so well that he can do it in his head. The autistic savant's raw talent - even when it's cultivated by everyone around them - really pales in comparison to KJG for one simple reason: hard work. Being willing to explore one's work method, studying the whys and hows, and everything else related to the learning process. Let a savant do his thing with unlimited paper and pencil and they'll stay at square one, if they don't get worse.
>>
File: IMG_1927.jpg (57KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1927.jpg
57KB, 600x460px
>>92542735
Looking at this guy's story, he saw an opportunity and took it. Limited amount of those going around. He wouldn't get anywhere trying what he did today. the window of opportunity there would have long since been closed.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.