[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Diana the most unlikable DC character in recent history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17

File: Kill them, Clark. Kill them all..png (857KB, 1273x538px) Image search: [Google]
Kill them, Clark. Kill them all..png
857KB, 1273x538px
Why is Diana the most unlikable DC character in recent history?
>>
She isn't at all.
She was unlikable in that 1 issue of Justice League were she attacked & seuxally degraded Hal & when she grabbed Orion's balls & threatened to crush them but it's been a good few years since then & she is been plenty likable since.
>>
>>92521475
Hal please
>>
>>92521398
No, only unlikable in the Injustice universe. Even if you agree that Supes was right, she is just a manipulative bitch.
>>
>>92521398
Bad writing due to lack of research. If you want to see Diana acting in character, go read her book, since this weird not-Xena/Lady Macbeth shit doesn't happen there.
>>
>>92521475
>when she grabbed Orion's balls & threatened to crush them
How was she unlikeable there? If there was anybody unlikeable there, it was Orion, and that made him turn around and be a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>92521647
You can litterally burn in the darkest depths of fucking hell if you think...
> 1.) Anyone who is willing to threaten another person with the worst crime a human can commit against another is respect worthy.
> 2.) If you think threatening to commit the worst crime a human can commit against another is a reasonable reaction to any kind of verbal disrespect (especially one as mother fucking subjective as "flirting")
> 3.) If you think flirting is disrespectful.

Now the ass slap was disrespectful & she should have punched him right then not let it go & fucking sadistically & cruelly kissed him & sneak threatened him WITH THE WORST CRIME A HUMAN CAN COMMIT AGAINST ANOTHER YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT.

You are scum of the fucking earth.
>>
Because she reminds you of all the nice girls you knew would talk too you but you were too beta to talk to them OP. It's ok child, just let the tears flow hot and wild.
>>
>>92522627
>injustice Diana
>Nice
>>
>>92522704
If you meant Injustice Diana you should have said Injustice Diana but no you said recent history which is rather vague and can include a number of incarnations of her. Might I suggest you try to familiarize yourself with basic human interaction by leaving the basement it can do wonders for your mental state and I'm sure mom and dad would like the house to themselves.
>>
She was sacrificed in DC's attempt to make Superman popular with the kids.
>>
>>92521932
Jesus H. Christ, calm down, cheesecakefag. Have a Snickers.
>>
>>92521572
This.

Gettin' real tired of this shit.
>>
>>92521475
>you will never be this butthurt about the New 52

Injustice Wonder Woman is the cuntest of them all
>>
>>92523232
Ain't it just tedious? And what I don't get is, well, why? What's the point of trying to push the idea of her being an asshole? Cause if they think this is at all interesting or compelling, they're sorely mistaken. All this does is make casuals wary of her, and makes fans royally pissed off.
>>
File: Diana stab Harley.png (1MB, 1258x537px) Image search: [Google]
Diana stab Harley.png
1MB, 1258x537px
>>92523483
It funny because this happens as well
>>
So superman can fight darkseid but cannot fight Zeus?
That doesn't make any sense if darkseid is suppose to be a god to gods.
>>
File: laughing troopers.jpg (36KB, 625x367px) Image search: [Google]
laughing troopers.jpg
36KB, 625x367px
>>92523083
>have a snickers
>>
>>92522627
>>92522836

Lol wtf are you smoking? Nice bait.
>>
File: 1489485221053.jpg (858KB, 2368x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1489485221053.jpg
858KB, 2368x1676px
>>92523483
Wonder Woman and her fans are just fucking cursed.
>>
>>92523483

>And what I don't get is, well, why? What's the point of trying to push the idea of her being an asshole?

You make Superman look manly and powerful when you show bad ass crazy warrior Wonder Woman being so devoted and submissive to him. Superman becomes the perfect self-insert character since he's such a regular nice dude and even then he's the only one who can dominate this proud and head-strong woman who then becomes totally his. It also makes Superman look nicer because he's pretty much taming a villain in the making.
>>
>>92523615
I don't even get how Zeus is still around. Isn't he an Old God, as in the guys who fucking died?
>>
>>92523782
That story was fucking awful and people self insert as Batman in Miller stories.
>>
>>92523823
That was Kirby's intention, but they were retconned into being another alien pantheon
>>
>>92521398
Only when she's with Superman.
>>
>>92523782
But Miller made every DC woman not Robin a slutty slut
>>
File: 1495053525256.gif (4MB, 396x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495053525256.gif
4MB, 396x300px
>>92523672
>>
Casuals play a video game and think they know everything about a character and it represents their entire history. Fuck off.
>>
>>92523853
>>92523904

Yeah, but there's Kingdom Come as well, and Distant Fires, and Red Son, and New Frontier, and Jonhs' JL, and Soule/Tomasi's SM/WW....

Warrior WW being submissive to the BKC is a recurring thing.
>>
>>92523561
She deserves it though. Helped kill a few million people.
>>
>>92522985
This makes me MAD
>>
File: depressed Batman.jpg (165KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
depressed Batman.jpg
165KB, 500x551px
>>92523982
The sad thing is I now see people saying how much they like "Bad bitch" Wonder Woman, in youtube comment sections. Injustice really needs to fuck off with these type of portrayals. It was okay at first(because beggars can't be choosers) but now it has overstayed it's welcome. Just go back to Good vs Bad and fuck making heroes like Superman and Wonder Woman assholes.
>>
>>92521398
Her hatred for necks.
>>
>>92521398
Well, she's a woman, that alone is pretty damning.
>>
>>92521398
Harley Quinn
>>
>>92523615
If he can fight Zeus, than Shazam is just bitch boy to Superman
>>
>>92528219

Shazam is Superman's bitch boy in the games, though.
>>
File: 1494680036194.png (38KB, 969x482px) Image search: [Google]
1494680036194.png
38KB, 969x482px
Reminder that Injustice had a realistically-written WW
>>
>>92528255
Kek virgin
>>
After the new movie gets sour reviews she'll be sub-Carol Danvers tier. Sad since Wonder Woman had so much potential, but ultimately they had no idea what to do with her.
>>
>>92521398
Because they write her asa feminist.
>>
File: cardy206 (1).jpg (374KB, 1005x858px) Image search: [Google]
cardy206 (1).jpg
374KB, 1005x858px
never question comics its not reality.
>>
>>92521398
>Why is Diana the most unlikable DC character in recent history?
I'm pretty sure that it's Damian Wayne who is the most unlikable.
>>
File: 1493262768992.png (2MB, 977x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493262768992.png
2MB, 977x1920px
>>92521398
good. the WW movie will degrade her further since DC cant live action to save their life.
soon she'll go back to be the busty sex icon poppin 10 year old boners like she was created for
the more people realize femisit ww sucks the sooner shell be back to her ol self
>>
>>92529053
You know absolutely nothing about Wonder Woman and you post irrelevant images. BEGONE.
>>
File: 1297493338919.png (47KB, 211x290px) Image search: [Google]
1297493338919.png
47KB, 211x290px
>>92529063
prove me wrong
>>
File: Hal-12.png (213KB, 360x328px) Image search: [Google]
Hal-12.png
213KB, 360x328px
>>92529071
I don't need to. Your post does.
>>
>>92529043
>I'm pretty sure that it's Damian Wayne who is the most unlikable.
Guys love damian ...Batman most unlikable character in the game.
>>
Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>92529043
>I'm pretty sure that it's Damian Wayne who is the most unlikable.
Nope,Harley Quinn and Batgod.
>>
Batman is like the bella swan from twilight. at least the male superhero version of bella swan. mary sues are usually deemed at poorly written characters

this is what a mary sue is

So, there’s this girl or guy. he or she is tragically orphaned and richer than anyone on the planet. Every guy or girl she meets falls in love with her or him, but in between torrid romances she or he rejects them all because she or he dedicated to what is Pure and Good.
>>
File: 3455165_4_o.jpg (314KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3455165_4_o.jpg
314KB, 1000x1500px
>>92529083
typical defeatist answer.
go be beta somewhere else
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>92529083
How is that even possible? Golden Age Hal truly was an idiot.
>>
The Injustice story has always been leaning towards Batman being the good guy, and I actually find it kinda disappointing when you could have had both sides straddling sufficiently grey area's to make them both seem both right, wrong, good and evil. And sadly Injustice 2 follows the original idea of simply making Batman right and Superman wrong.
>>
>>92521398
Is she the daughter of Zeus in this universe? That would explain a lot.
>>
>>92521475
>attacked & seuxally degraded Hal
How did she do this? Sexual degradation is kind of my thing
>>
>>92529182

>So, there’s this girl or guy. he or she is tragically orphaned and richer than anyone on the planet. Every guy or girl she meets falls in love with her or him, but in between torrid romances she or he rejects them all because she or he dedicated to what is Pure and Good.

You are describing Superman.
>>
>>92529831
I shouldn't, but I laugh.
>>
>>92530353
Superman isn't rich and he dates and gets married in multiple stories. Name one Batman is evil story, dude is perfect and incorruptible. Even in the Justice Lords story he was the least evil of all of them and even helped JL Batman out.
>>
It's been said many a time but Diana is just not a concept that works in her chosen genre and medium. She can't actually redeem anyone with compassion as is her core message because villains are gonna remain villains.

So all she has left after that is "proud warrior chick" and that's easily turned into "holier than thou turbocunt" under anything but the best writers.
>>
>>92531162

Superman is the world most powerful, important, popular, respected and beloved hero. All the male heroes look up to him and all the female heroines have the hots for him. Superman have dates around. He dates much more than Batman, who without Catwoman would be sexless.

>Name one Batman is evil story

Batman & Dracula Trilogy.

>dude is perfect and incorruptible

Batman is disliked and mistrusted by the majority of the superhero community. Even when he's doing something heroic everyone is shit-talking him and waiting for him to reveal some nefarious scheme that he has brewing behind everyone's back.
>>
>>92530353
>You are describing Superman.
Superman is poor.
>>
>>92531264
>Batman is disliked and mistrusted by the majority of the superhero community. Even when he's doing something heroic everyone is shit-talking him and waiting for him to reveal some nefarious scheme that he has brewing behind everyone's back.
Yes, they distrust him only to make him the underdog so his accomplishment of saving the day is more impressive and cool for the kids such as yourself. Batman is a Mary Sue more than Superman could ever be.

Superman has to uphold this sort of image of himself as the best boy for people to look up to him, he works for that admiration of character. Batman is a turbo cunt, a piece of shit to all his friends, a schemer, a madman, but everyone stops whatever they're doing and listens to whatever he says when he so much as has "A plan" All the young heroes look up to him because he's edgy and Superman is a lame-o, How many newbies want to impress the Bat? Even recently Simon Bazz sucked the batcock and he had literally no reason to.

Batman is a fucking sert shit character.
>>
>>92521398
>Man of Steel comes out soon
>Here comes a game that makes Superman an asshole
>Wonder Woman comes out soon
>Here comes a game that makes WW an even bigger thundercunt that before
Does Boon secretly hate everything in the DCEU except for Batman?
>>
>>92531405

So the guy who has the entire world slobbing on his cock is a DINDU and the one that is mistrusted even by his closest friends is a self-insert?
>>
>>92531506
You don't understand the super cool badboy archetype do you?
>>
>>92531506
And yet despite that distrust everyone slobbers Batcock every day anyway. Superman has to be a cool guy to get that adoration, Batman just has to be an edgy fucklord. Which one is more serty?

Man it would be awesome if I could be an autistic asshole and still have friends and admirers just like my hero batman.
>>
>>92521398
Because writers read "feminist" in her wikipedia intro and assume that means "asshole".

Same reason she sucked in the early Justice League cartoon. Same reason Black Canary sucked in that 90s JLA year one comic, "Canary's a girl right? Probably means she's pissed off at all times no question."
>>
>>92521398
her fans say Dami and sups are bad in the game
https://twitter.com/LucasRemoussin/status/865671841154727936
Diana gets a tumblr free pass because she is a girl-

She's fault that superman got bad.
>>
>>92531682
She was the worst by a country mile.
>>
I hope my superman gets his own game and is a hero.He deserves his own game..
>>
Just keep her away from Superman and she's fine. Her being tied to Superman is a plague that turns WW into a shitty cunt bitch. Pretty simple really.
>>
>>92521398
Netherrealm really doesn't seem to like her for some reason.
>>
Wonder Woman , Batman,,Harley Quinn-
Gettin real tired of this shit.
>>
>>92521398
>Recent History
>When he just means Injustice 2

OP calm the fuck down, she's fine in her book.
>>
Because misogyny
>>
>>92531968
She was shit in new52 until recently
She was shit in the Injustice comic series
She was shit in Injustice 1
She been shit for 6 years or so? That's a lot.
>>
>>92521398
Why couldn't they just have the regular good universe versions of the characters again? Why? Especially when they're focusing so much on the multiverse.

I would have actually preordered the game if you had several different Earth versions of each character to pick from. I would have played the shit out of Sunshine Superman.
>>
>>92532077
>Two involving Injustice
>One refers to early Nu52 JLA where she and Superbro were both written like chads.

If the movie makes her into a turbocunt (and it might for all I know) you would actually have a point. But unless that happens you're just being salty that the fighting game marketed towards casuals is sucking Batman's bat-dick at the expense of anyone not in his supporting cast which has been happening for decades now.
>>
>>92523905
Errrrrrrrr
>>
>>92532136
>Batman at fault for wonder Cunt
Yeah, let's forget all the comics of WW being shit because of Superman. I swear Bathaters are so retarded. WW is garbage in Injustice because they wanted to pair her with Superman and they have to make Wonder Woman shit so Superman won't look bad.
>>
>>92532312
>and they have to make Wonder Woman shit so Superman won't look bad.
Literally what. The whole purpose of Injustice is to make Superman look bad.
>>
>>92532312
She wouldn't have been near as bad if she didn't have to be evil and she's only evil because they wanted a world where Batman was the only good guy and everyone else was evil.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 931x1346px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 931x1346px
>>92531569

Nobody slobbers on Batman's dick. Even his family hates and distrusts him. Go read Detective Comics. It's a shitting parede on Batman. Everyone question him or beat the shit out of him.

The only ones that seem to give respect are Alfred and Superman.

Superman has all the powers in the world and nobody can defeat him, Superman's the nicest guy in the world and all the other heroes turned into envious cunts when next to him, Superman has all the charm and all the women love him. Dude's pure self-insert.
>>
>>92531427
Yes.
>>
>>92532136

She is shit in the DTV animated movies, she's shit in the recent Justice League Action cartoon, she's in the Injustice games, she's shit in the Injustice comics, she's shit in the Frank Miller's DKR Elseworlds series, she was shit in Johns' JL and Soule/Tomasi's SM/WW, she was shit in most of the cross-over events...

I can go on, but ever since Infinite Crisis, aside from Simone's stuffs, Wonder Woman has been shit.
>>
>>92532372
And the evil cunt gf pushed him too far making Superman seem more sympathetic and WW look even more shit in comparison.
>>92532375
>where Batman was the only good guy
Who are Black Canary, green arrow, batgirl, zatanna? They didn't want Batman to be the good guy to make the others look like shit they wanted Humans vs Gods. You know the whole "god among men" shit that's in the fucking title. Injustice 2 just pick up from what 1 set up. You have to be delusional as fuck to think it was Batman's fault for WW being shit in injustice 1/2 when writers have been making her shit because of Superman for last 20 + years.
>>
>>92532372

Injustice 2 goes out of its way to make Superman sympathetic, actually. Regime Superman was an absolute monster in the first game because there was good universe Superman to counter-balance, but in this new one since you only have the Regime Superman they went out of their way to make him sorta redeemable. That's why there was so much emphasizes on Wonder Woman corrupting him.

>>92532375

She's bad to explain why Superman's bad, not why Batman's good, otherwise she be a redeemed hero like Green Lantern and the Flash, but then if Superman was the only one who stayed bad that would look bad on him, so they made her worse and implied she was the reason Superman was so bad. That scene with her against Scarecrow was for Superman's benefit.
>>
>>92521398
I like the injustice version of her. She is crazy and knows what she wants. She is not condescending or smug like her main version
>>
>>92531586
>implying WW is feminist
>>
>>92533200

>She is not condescending or smug like her main version

But... she is. She is condescending and smug, and a liar and a schemer to boot. Remember, in this game her and Black Adam lied to Supergirl.
>>
>>92523782
self guys like low maintenance strong girls. crazy WW would be too much for them so it would be a turn off for anyone but total cucks who think acting like the 60s housewife shows their enlightenment
>>
>>92533277

Superman, though, is the ultimate loser's self insert.

In his Clark Kent persona he's a nobody. His niceness and meek personality doesn't draw any attention. But there's another side to him, the Superman, who most people aren't aware of. When he rips his shirt and becomes Superman he shows his hidden confidence and charm making all the ladies fall for him and all the guys respect or envy him. He's also shown to be strong. Super strong.

So he's the ultimate self-insert for losers who wish they were chads and could dominate those strong and proud women that normally ignores them. Showing Superman dominating the fuck out of Wonder Woman, DC's top girl, specially when she's shown as this crazy proud and strong warrior who is completely taken by Superman's display of power and manliness is a super appealing idea.
>>
>>92533375
I think you missed my point. also Kent is not a nobody in all his versions and from that point of view batman is better self insert because he can ironically stand against those born with the privilege of power and often outsmarts everyone, he also has strange interests and does not have to be holsum like superman, anyone fapping to anime will have a hard time picturing themselves as superman
>>
>>92533487

Of course Kent is not a nobody, he's a Pulitzer winning reporter, but compared to Superman he's a nobody.

And Batman can't stand against those born with super-powers. He tries and struggle for it, but every time he's reminded that he's not as good as them either physically or morally. His plans for taking them down always end up in major failure as well.
>>
>>92533552
compared to Superman 99 % of the world are nobodies
>He tries and struggle for it, but every time he's reminded that he's not as good as them either physically or morally. His plans for taking them down always end up in major failure as well.
well that is the kind of mentality I usually see in teen books with a bullied protagonist who lives with his single mom or a grandparent. sometimes smug mental high ground is more important than results, saying "I fought for my stuff while that asshole had it all handed to him" is were the modern self inserting is at. oh you can bet your ass he will find his hidden destiny but that is phase 2
>>
>>92533620

If you're going to count that Superman's also filled with that kind of shit so you can sympathize with him. He's all about how different, lonely and burdened he is.
>>
>>92533667
most of it is by his choice and goes away once he comes out to the world, especially in settings were there is a martian manhunter(someone with real isolation and loneliness) and other superhuman and magical beings that not only let sups find his community but make his own "strangeness" seem insignificant. It only comes back out when he thinks too much about it or has to deal with total retards that call him a walking nuke
>>
>>92529053
Friendly reminder Ashi, that you are most likely going to Die in less than 12 hours.

You have no right to talk about WW's characterization.
>>
>>92533721

>most of it is by his choice and goes away once he comes out to the world

Nah, it never lets up. Not even with Martian Manhunter. The only times Superman think he found someone who's equal with him is when he's with Wonder Woman.

His otherness is all based on his iconography, not his alien nature. That's why he only feels complete when next to another iconic character.
>>
>>92521398
Harley Quinn exists so Diana can't be the most unlikable
>>
>>92533667
to elaborate, unlike spiderman superman was born with his power so he never had shit kicked out of him for real. until he started fighting superstrong shit or was depowerd by something, which undermines him as a "perfect" insert and is more like a story of a rich kid turning poor (for few months) or having to deal with other rich people. he is also haply adopted so his loss is felt less keenly and his burden is also his choice unlike characters who are saddled with responsibility of all of the red or green. YA protagonist boys rarely make personal choices (beyond the first step) so again not optimal for inserts
>>
>>92533826

>to elaborate, unlike spiderman superman was born with his power so he never had shit kicked out of him for real. until he started fighting superstrong shit or was depowerd by something

Ever since the 80's Superman developed his powers only as a teen. So he was still bullied. Then when his powers kicked in things became worse. He was bullies, but now he couldn't fight back. So this would make him feel useless and different.
>>
>>92533871
>He was bullies, but now he couldn't fight back.

That's so stupid though. All he'd have to do is bait them into punching him in the face so they'd break their hand. No one would ever mess with him after that. It's not like he'd have to throw a punch himself.
>>
>>92533898
I agree that its stupid. hell he could just tell his dad or make evidence to get them punished. I say don't overthink it because its unlikely that in all that bulling no one ever kicked him in the stomach and broke their foot.
hell bulling in shows is always comical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F1Fllstno
>>
>>92533898
>>92534001

The bullying in there is to show how alienated and frustrated Superman felt as a teen for being different and how the responsibility of being super already weighted heavily on him as a teen.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.