[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been a crazy ride hasn't it /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

>The First Three Episodes
>The Rick Roll April Fools Day Prank
>/co/'s reaction to it
>Jack and Ashi getting closer while /co/ ponders on it
>Jack and Ashi Kiss
>/co/ is broken to the tune of Dean Martin
>Aku kills Sammy Davis bot
>Turns Ashi into a shadow creature
>Takes Jack's sword again

And the grand finale to it all is tomorrow.

Are you ready to see this end /co/?
>>
>>92520991
I don't really care anymore
>>
>>92520991
seriously crazy ride
>first few episodes "what the fuck, are they starting NEW plot threads instead of tying up the old ones? what's taking so long? we don't have much time left!!"
>middle episodes "oh fuck, this show is taking some fun liberties. and ashi is hot and this is great"
and now.. it's almost over.. and there is NO time to satisfactorily finish
>>
>>92522738
With 10 episodes given, there never was enough time.
>>
>>92522754
maybe. I think you could have condensed the first 3 into 1. The tone and mood and all that shit were nice, but... necessary? no

also, and i hate to say this because it applies to my beloved thundercats, but...
when the studio gives you X episodes, you write for X episodes. Tcats director was like "We know nobody gets a 2nd season anymore, so we wrote accordingly" ... then we got a goddamn bad-end cliffhanger. he LIED. and it's not as if that show didnt have some filler they could have yanked. not that I'd really want that, it had roughly the right pace.. just.. ugh. your responsibility as a purveyor of entertainment is to work with your boss, even if it means compromising your artistic vision.
it's like with action figures where some shit turns out to be too expensive to make, but they dont find a cheaper way to do it, they just remove the thing.. but that's the whole point of the figure.
>>
>>92522801
I wouldn't condense the first three eps into less than two. You need to shove in Ashi's backstory, get across Jack's and Aku's depression, establish the daughters as a credible threat, get Jack emotionally rebalanced and somehow fit Scaramouche in there too. And considering how well all that was done already I would hesitate to change anything at all. It's everything after that was done poorly. Many of the conflicts after were needless. The orc army, the prisoner ship, tiger assassins, etc. Even Scotsman army and the episode of callbacks were of tenous worth; it at depends on if Scotsman's ghostliness ends up at all useful in ep10. Honda was a cool idea but ultimately he didn't really do anything. The self contained quality of every ep past three also hurt their ability to keep things flowing like they were before.
>>
>>92520991
Im honestly hoping for a positive tearjerker aka Jack and Ashi get married and have kids a la NaruHina style
>>
>>92523366
I really don't get it. Do you guys honestly think Jashi is a well developed relationship or is it purely surviving on giggle-squee cuteness factor?
>>
>>92523307
yeah that's it, I'd cut out scaramouche. fuck that ass-sack. also the scotsman scene was fucking nothing if it's never going to lead to anything, so yeah.. you're right.
>>
>>92523366
Pipe dream at best
>>
>>92523455
i have no idea. i'm happy to see a man and a woman in love, but i really didnt see any buildup or chemistry whatsoever. fucking link and zelda have more chemistry than those two.
>>
>>92523502
I understand that a lot of Nintendo games have poor story-telling, like Zelda constantly trying to save the princess, but I wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>92523455
I don't give a fuck if I'm labled a Jashifag. Personally, I've seen enough grim shit irl to make a sane person an hero. To finally see someone like Jack go from rock bottom to back on top is refreshing and to hope for a positive ending is only normal. If this still pisses you off, all I have to say in that regard is Fuck You, Deal With It.
>>
>>92523455
Its super cute. Question: How many times has /co/ rewatched the episodes so far? I got a couple of viewings in of episode 7 8 and 9. gonna marathon the whole thing before the finale.
>>
>>92523586
I've been watching key parts of each episode for quite a while now
>>
>>92523469
Scaramouche is needed to give Aku incentive to leave his fortress. If you remove scaramouche you have to remove the Aku depression subplot, and then you have to explain why he hasn't just killed swordless Jack.
>>
>>92523586
I rewatched the first five, with the first being the most, but I lost interest as the quality of the season decline
>>
>>92523586
Hey, is the chat gonna be ready for tomorrow's marathon?
>>
>>92523556
That's all well and good, but do you think Jashi is actually a well developed relationship?
>>
>>92520991
>first three episodes are great
>then it becomes less sublte and quiet
>/co/ sucks its dick because an episode made people on the internet mad

10 years from now people will realize how everything post episode 3 was
>>
>>92523487
I'm callin that shit now.
>>
NEED A DISPENSER HERE!!!
>>
File: SluppyEdgy.png (93KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
SluppyEdgy.png
93KB, 500x557px
>>92523556
>Personally, I've seen enough grim shit irl to make a sane person an hero
>>
>>92523556
So you only like it because your life is too sad dee eccs and someone in a cartoon is happy eccs dee?
Pathetic.
>>
>>92520991
I'm gonna miss this show. One issue is that 10 episodes were not enough for this show, but I still enjoyed it.

I'm glad the show is finally coming to a close, and it was so fun seeing /co/ go berserk every episode. SO many fucking replies in the stickies.
>>
>>92523680
Hard to be well-developed with 10 22 min episodes. But Ashi is a cool character and CUTE! Its a rushed relationship sure, but not unbelievable.
>>
>>92523680
As a matter of fact i do. If one was able to pick up on the subtle signs that started in episode 4 they could see that after 50 years of pain and suffering Jack needed not a friend but someone who could bring hope, optimism, and happiness back to his life. He found that in Ashi: an individual who is his antithesis yet has a curiosity about the real world and who questioned her toxic indoctrination after realizing that the person who she trained to kill isn't the monster she was raised to believe.
>>
>>92523556
This is my problem right here. Apparently the only reason people like the decline in quality in season 5 is because it made tumblurinas mad and because they are happy a fictional character is happy regardless of how bad the writing for the character arriving at that emotional state was.

What happens a year from now, when no one remembers tumblr got mad about something? What if you are a happy person with a healthy social life who doesn't need artificial second-hand happiness from a cartoon to function?

Also, Jashifag
>>
>>92523791
So it survives on gigglesquee cuteness. Okay.
Personally I would've been more okay with it if they got romantic as an episode 10 conclusion. Doing it before downplays Jack's altruistic tendencies and makes Ashi too dependent on the pairing for her own characterization
>>
>>92523851
>If one was able to pick up on the subtle signs

When will this meme stop? You can bend all the "signs" to make it seem like the show was building up to anything. Both of Jack and Ashi's past and personalities are irrelevant because none come into play with their relationship. They are just characters who suddenly leave behind all their traumatic past and act as if they didn't suffer 20+ years of isolation just before kissing.
>>
>>92523751
At least i wasn't the one shitposting outrage during episode 8
>>
File: IMG_0916.jpg (58KB, 540x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0916.jpg
58KB, 540x584px
>>92523961
No, I'm sure you were the one defending bad writing because your life is too sad to form your own happiness so you gotta validate your crutch of a show.
>>
>>92523851
But why does he need to fuck her to be happy?
>Ashi: an individual who is his antithesis
Scotsman is his antithesis. Loud where he is quiet, brash where he is disciplined, huge where he is slim; they are blatantly and obviously opposites, far more than Jack and Ashi. Her upbringing parallels Jack's, but they aren't really opposites to nearly the same degree. Really Ashi doesn't have enough characterization to be anyone's antithesis.
>>
>>92520991
>/co/ finally had a date with /ck/ and ruined it by having a rage fit
>>
>>92523586
re.. watch?
>>92523696
it picked up considerably after the first 3, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>92523779
>coming to a close
what if it doesnt though? i cant imagine how it would in 22 minutes.
>>
>>92524173
genndy confirmed this is the finale season
>>
>>92523877
>What if you are a happy person with a healthy social life who doesn't need artificial second-hand happiness from a cartoon to function?
then I'm probably brain-dead and watching sports or something. if you can be happy in this world, you aren't paying attention
>>92523927
in fairness it makes sense on ashi's end. she is severely emotionally stunted from her upbringing. whereas Jack didn't exactly get a childhood either, and he's spent 50 years as a fuckup. seriously what was the point of that revelation? it makes no sense and it makes things.. just.. sad.
>>
>>92524178
that doesnt mean it's getting a proper ending though. not automatically. not a satisfying one.
if it's just jack saving ashi and them kissing and aku going CURRRSE YOU SAMURAI and buggering off, i mean, that isnt an ending. and that is what we're set up for right now. because if you do anything else, then you've 180'd the ashi thing too quickly. and if you do more than one anything-else, you've done THAT too quickly.
>>
>>92523586
I think I've rewatched each episode at least 6 times.
>>
>>92524223
he has said it's going to bring the series to a close and that it will have a bittersweet ending.
>>
>>92524197
>in fairness it makes sense on ashi's end. she is severely emotionally stunted from her upbringing.
If anything that makes the whole relationship seem even more inappropriate. Now Jack's just fucking a crazy chick because she's literally addicted to the first dick she saw.
>>
>>92523696
Season 5 did not dip in quality, it just went a direction.

That direction could have been any direction, and whatever direction that was would have spawned some degree of vocal backlash. Why? Because we all expect something a little different. You might want Jack to end this way, but I want it to end that way, then that other guy wants it to go this way, and that other guy wants it to end this really weird way, and for each of these guys there's a few hundred others at the LEAST ready to back them up and a few thousand others who have similar expectations but with just enough of a slight difference to make them gun at each other's throats.

The first three episodes were universally praised for two reasons: 1) Nothing was developed much, we just had the premise. The premise was okay, but it's kinda hard to form a solid opinion from just that; hence the universal acceptance. 2) Genndy obviously wanted to space most real story development towards the end, so the first three episodes fully engaged in the classic atmosphere and lack of dialogue that people so fondly remember the series for.

Once Genndy kicked the story into gear, there was no stopping polarization, because Jack was not really narrative heavy in the first place. The Ashi romance is definitely bizarre, but I'd bet my fucking nuts that there's no direction Genndy could've gone that would've been "good". Too much had to change in Jack's fundamental nature to allow this finale to transpire. Sorry.
>>
>>92520991
>>Takes Jack's sword again
It's funny because Aku finally realized that he could just do that instead of the other retarded shit he's been doing.
>>
File: SudokuJack.jpg (102KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
SudokuJack.jpg
102KB, 600x471px
>>92524197
>then I'm probably brain-dead and watching sports or something. if you can be happy in this world, you aren't paying attention
There's a solution for your woes friend
>>
>>92524337
He took the sword once before and tried to kill Jack with it
Another time he just straight up tried to take it and destroy it
Neither tie ended well for him
>>
>>92524372
I know.
>>
>>92524259
>the first three episodes fully engaged in the classic atmosphere and lack of dialogue that people so fondly remember the series for.
Honestly the atmosphere and dialogue were pretty far off from original Jack imo. Things were much more grim and serious, and even the action was more ramped up than before. ep4 is where I'd say classic Jack shines through the most. Then things just get disjointed from there, with callbacks and more subplots and an increasingly episodic format despite getting closer to the ultimate conclusion
>>
i was 6 when samurai jack first debued and it was ,in a way, my first exposure to art. now 16 years later it's ending and i dont know how to feel. i probably wont know how to feel untill a week after it's done

thankfully i have another ancient show coming back from the dead for one last season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7d0Lm_31BE
>>
File: charilizard.jpg (13KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
charilizard.jpg
13KB, 251x251px
>>92524453
it was also a serial. we knew it was coming to an end so we were more than happy to be told a story.
the show kept it's trademark feel though
not every episode but a lot of them followed this and perfected it. i felt it especialy in the worm episode
a good number of the original episodes were:
>little bit of worldbiulding
the market and jack's head turning into a fish
>little bit of action
cats
>lots of story to convince you the fighting is righteous
desert and ship
>lots of fighting
the prisoner/worms
>enough story to give the good end
kiss
>WACHAH

which brings me to another thing
yfw the final whachah?
>>
>>92524585
Kissing isn't a story anon
>>
>>92524247
>addicted to the first dick she saw
Well Jack is pretty cool. Not like she made a bad choice.
>>
File: shrug.png (2KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
2KB, 142x138px
>>92524585
I never thought the series needed a final season anyway
I would kill children to see a Symbionic Titan finale though
>>
>>92524618
the sexual tension breaks and the dynamic of the character's interactions change resulting in the entire first half of the next episode. both "good"characters result in "good end"
it's as much story as jack giving back the crystals
or the fairy aliens leaving
or the blue dude deciding jack was destined to use the portal and put him on the bird
or the scientist admiting he din't have a time machine and feeding jack
or any of the times aku flew away

it doesnt have to be much, just enough to tell the watcher that the story ended well, unless it's a two parter

>>92524734
it's not the finale it needed it's the finale it deserved
it just feels empty if jack doesn't resolve his quest., like he would have been traveling for eternety
>>
>>92523455
It had little time to be developed, but it works. Jack and Ashi are really similar in some aspects and complementary in others. There's good reason for each of them to fall in love with the other. It was foreshadowed. And finally, it is genuinely heartwarming and satisfactory to see Jack find happiness. Plus, their interactions range from hilarious to awkwardly cute.
>>
>>92520991
Yeah, and I'm ready for the parade of butthurt people over the finale. The MUH PACING people who can't handle a concise story and want everything padded out and nothing left implied.

The Ashi haters bitching about creating a new character for Jack to explore his more vulnerable side with.

The people who go apeshit over Scaramouche in general playing comedy relief, the people who don't watch a show to watch a show, but to share how they think they're better writers than anyone involved in making it.

The people livid that Jack didn't have a mentor-student or father-daughter relationship.

The nitpicking ain't gonna end when the show does cause people here can't watch shows for what they are, but for what they are not.
>>
>>92525103
My only hope for the finale is Ashi is freed from Aku's control and everything works out for Ashi and Jack. I would hate to see her character thrown away.
>>
>>92524618
How about Jack acting on the romantic feelings he'd had for several episodes and then regretting doing so because he'd rather put Ashi's safety over his own happiness and he'd rather her be alive and somewhere else than murdered by Aku like everyone else he's everyone cared for. Cause that's what we got.
>>
>>92525346
I really want to see it work out for Jack and Ashi. They are perfect for each other in every possible way.
>>
>>92525216
>The MUH PACING people who can't handle a concise story and want everything padded out and nothing left implied.
But the issue with the pacing is the padding. There's a bunch of nothing important happening while the main plotlines are left unaddressed to pop up at the last minute
>>
>>92520991
Tbh nothing significant has happened and when anything even moderately important happens /co/ freaks out. If the finally isn't god-tier then this show is kill.
>>
>>92525346
And all of that can be accomplished without romance, especially if the character in question is an altruistic kind of guy that cares deeply for the well-being of everyone he meets. Someone like, I dunno...Jack.
>>
>>92525603
The only plotline left that matters is killing Aku and whether Jack will go home or if it's even possible for him to do it at this point.

That's it. The rest is personal development for the characters and Jack's mental state matters because it's going to impact his decision.

That "padding" is character development. Jack having tender feelings, Jack being an emotional wreck, Jack being lonely. It matters.
>>
>>92525646
A platonic relationship isn't the same as a romantic one and you know it. Jack is way more emotionally invested in Ashi than anyone else he's ever met in the future.
>>
>>92523502
Which Link and Zelda is the question though?
>>
File: jack is back.jpg (39KB, 688x378px) Image search: [Google]
jack is back.jpg
39KB, 688x378px
It's not like I am mad at Jack having a positive turn to his story but damn did I like 'Nam Jack. The visions, the voices, the bike, the horseman, the white wolf, killing Ashi's sisters like it was fucking wednesday for him, it was fucking cool af. Shame its gone really.
>>
File: Screenshot (648).png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (648).png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is Jack and the Swamp Creature the closest Jack ever got to beating Aku? Not getting to the past, but fighting him.

Also, is this supposed to be a nigger? Same ep.
>>
>>92525714
He has sacrificed several chances to get back for complete strangers. He lost one chance because he couldn't bear the idea of some monks getting beaten to death on his account. He lost another to free a trapped fairy he'd never see again.

Implying he needs to want to get his dick wet to have any emotional investment in someone is not accurate to his character, and implying a friendship can't be as deep as a romance is not accurate to either concept.

Even then, a romance could've worked had they more time, but they don't so it was a poor direction to go.

>>92525819
I think he should've at least kept the beard. Though I do appreciate that he's still talking to himself even after getting the sword back
>>
>>92525844
He almost vanquished him after the graveyard fight in Jack and the Zombies
>>
>>92520991
I'll try, I'm a bit torn up on a recent death of an artist.
>>
>>92525876
He's not emotionally invested in those strangers. He saves them, he leaves. With Ashi, he feels different. The romance highlights the difference. No romance is ever needed in fiction, but it serves a purpose.
>>
>>92524585
Episode 9 was the final WHACHAH

Episode 10 will end with either a silent fade to black, or a fade to black filled with Aku's victorious laughter.
>>
>>92526040
He's emotionally invested in everyone he meets, because he's just a nice guy
>>
>>92526200
The difference is he loves Ashi. He even tells his bearded self in the reflection "this has never happened to me before". He told Ashi he lost everything he ever "loved" to Aku, they became "just a memory" and he didn't want Ashi to end up the same way.
>>
>>92520991
Nothing ever ends OP.
>>
>>92526316
Yeah, and I'm saying that's a shitty direction to go
>>
File: samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg (2MB, 4850x1940px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg
2MB, 4850x1940px
>>92520991
How will the final episode pit up against the rest of the season?

Episode 9 was 4th, it couldn't crack the first 3 episodes.
>>
>>92526200
Yeah, and he feels much more strongly about Ashi than random person he helps and leaves without a second thought and never thinks of them again.
>>
>>92523547
Zelda is the princess.
>>
>>92520991
All good things must come to an end /co/..
>>
With how popular this series is and how it's always drawing the most view weekly on Adult Swim, how come there wasn't another season announced so the series can be properly fleshed out?

Seems sorta dumb, given all the money opportunities.
>>
>>92527461
You people are idiots
>>
File: oie_transparent(3).png (55KB, 316x290px) Image search: [Google]
oie_transparent(3).png
55KB, 316x290px
>>92524585
post yfw "in memory of mako" appears
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.