[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes down to it, is Brainiac less or more evil than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

When it comes down to it, is Brainiac less or more evil than the Joker? I just find that comparison funny because he calls the Joker a cancer in Injustice interactions.
>>
>>92518698
The Joker is needlessly cruel, insane murderer. Brainiac does more "evil", but he is less malicious.
>>
Braniac kills worlds, Joker kills people.
Braniac takes no pleasure in mudering worlds as far as I know.
Joker, on the other hand, absolutely takes pleasure in the peoplr that he kills.

So really, it's dependent on which you think is more important: intention or effect.
>>
>>92518793
evil with a purpose rather than evil for evil's sake?
>>
>>92518698
By actions only, Brainiac is technically a greater evil. However, the Joker disgusts him because Joker's mayhem is not fueled by logic.
>>
>>92518885
More or less.

His "purpose" is really selfish, it doesn't at all justify what he does. But it doesn't mean he takes pleasure slaughtering civilizations. He kinda doesn't care for them. His interest is very cold. If billions of people have to die to satisfy his goal, so be it.
>>
>>92518698
Did he get his pants?
>>
>>92518698
Well, the Joker IS cancer, yes.
>>
>>92518885
Brainiac is basically a fedora tipper.

Everything he does is for a greater purpose. He doesn't see individual lives as holding value. He looks at things only on a grand scale. He believes he's serving an essential role by preserving cultures.
>>
>>92518698
Brainiac was a force of good in Injustice continuity. He was doing his best to put everyone out of their misery.
>>
How did Brainiac 5 beat Brainiac if Brainiac is meant to be the most intelligent being in all of time and existence including his decendents?
>>
>>92520181
>how can anyone defeat a nerd in a fistfight if the nerd is smarter than them?
>>
>>92518698
Comparing Joker and Brainiac is like comparing a serial killer to an atomic bomb. One is a more personal, in-your-face, and fully-aware brand of evil. The other is a cold, amoral, and almost Lovecraftian brand of evil.
>>
>>92520181
They are both 12th level intellects. Brainiac 2 is the retard (merely 10th level intellect).
>>
>>92520711

I thought Brainiac 1 was supposed to have reached an uncalculatable intellect?
>>
>>92521028
Not sure where you read that.
>>
>>92521028
I think it was some speculation regarding Convergence but I don't think it really played out
>>
>>92520711

What's Lex's for comparison? The DCAU had him say he was overqualified when told about the 12th level intellect requirement to traverse the source wall?

Conversely, a chart I read once said Jol-el was like an 8th while earth collectively was a 7th.
>>
>>92518826
virtueism vs consequentialism
rape vs murder
the greatest gladiator match in the history of the world
>>
>>92520041
>Everything he does is for a greater purpose

That sounds more religious than fedora
>>
The Joker only kills when it's funny.

Brain-freak kills all the time.
>>
>>92521396
this shit is dumb
>>
>>92521396
honestly only the Brainiacs are really consistent
>>
>>92520711
>Brainiac 2 is the retard (merely 10th level intellect).
I truly love that Vril is supposed to be the dumb one.

>>92520181
Eh, Querl's dealt with worse, frankly. Also, Vril Sr. doesn't have a swanky force field belt that lets him tank damage like it's nothing.
>>
>>92521890
t. Batfag
>>
So the plot of Injustice 3 is going to be about the Legion of Super-Heroes fixing the fucked timeline by beating the shit out of everyone in the Injustice universe, yeah?

I just want to see this clusterfuck setting burned to the ground.

And hey, this would be the first iteration to explain why there aren't any superheroes or villains in the future. The Legion rounded them all up and stuffed them in the depths of some prison planet.
>>
Brainiac did nothing wrong.
The Injustice Earth deserves to be blown up. There's no fixing that shitshow. Even Dr Fate was told that
>>
>>92522300
>I truly love that Vril is supposed to be the dumb one.

at least he's also the sexy one? could be worse
>>
>>92518698
Sure, Braniac has definitely killed way more people but he actually has a goal he wants to achieve through it, as warped as it may be. The Joker is just an insane serial killer.
>>
>>92521848
How? Science can basically become a religion and have people do fucked up things in its name too.
>>
Joker's fun, Brainiac isn't.
>>
>>92521396
Lex with the source wall was cited as being a "12-th" level intellect as it was said that only a 12th level could ever hope to get past it without going mad and merging with the wall which also brings up a point this brainiac was never mentioned as being 12th, Brainiac 5 has always been a 12th but every other Branch waivers from a 9-12 for some reason
>>
How many brainiacs are there?
>>
>>92522562
Pretty sure Darkseid will be the next big threat in Injustice 3
>>
File: Rdley sweat.png (31KB, 315x271px) Image search: [Google]
Rdley sweat.png
31KB, 315x271px
>>92518698
>more evil
Is Ridley more evil than Ganon or Bowser?!
>>
>>92525877
Can't be Zod?
Phantom Zone.
>>
>>92525859
In the main family line Brainiacs 1, 2, 3, and 5 have fairly significant appearances. 5 probably has the most appearances overall. A couple of others too though.
>>
>>92525983
Who's 4?
>>
>>92526004
Generally it's a parent of 5 but they don't show up much.
>>
>>92518698
What if the roles were reversed? Consider how many more would be pointlessly genocided if Joker had planet killing tech. Brainiac would just be a psychopath scientist like Mengele and get locked up in Arkham pretty easily.
>>
>>92518698
>When it comes down to it, is Brainiac less or more evil than the Joker?
That depends on your opinion on the subject of enslaving an entire planet, I guess.
>>
>>92525900
Ganon and Bowser never killed somebody's parents right in front of them.

I mean, it's hard to get more evil than that.
>>
>>92526250
killing a child in front of the parent is much worse than parents in front of the child
>>
File: Necksnap.gif (723KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
Necksnap.gif
723KB, 500x240px
>>92525900
Is Zant more evil than Meta Ridley?
>>
>>92525900
>killed a little girls parents
>eats their bodies
>makes said little girl watch
>leaves her for dead
Ridley is a monster in every sense of the word.

>>92525877
It'd be delusional to hope for a Great Darkness Saga thing, wouldn't it?
>>
>>92525859
13, as far as I'm aware. We know 1, 2, 3, two different version of 4, 5, technically two versions of 6, 8, and 13.
>>
File: LoboandVril.jpg (304KB, 750x916px) Image search: [Google]
LoboandVril.jpg
304KB, 750x916px
>>92522673
>>92522300
He's the savage idiot of the Braniacs and it totally works.
>>
Less. Brainiac is a bit of a dick, but he is serving a kind of a purpose instead of just killing for fun.
>>
File: 1284971055950.jpg (25KB, 481x348px) Image search: [Google]
1284971055950.jpg
25KB, 481x348px
>>92518793
>erraticates planets for selfish reasons
>less malicious
>>
>>92519128
Not yet......but one day.
>>
>>92518698
Didn't the lords of order say that he was bringing order?
>>
File: Blue_beetle_injustice_2_render_.png (167KB, 303x499px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_beetle_injustice_2_render_.png
167KB, 303x499px
He is such an adorable dork
>>
>>92518698
Brainiac is practically cosmic horror, and because of that, his "evil" isn't as easy to measure as it should be. It depends on whether or not you define evil by intent, effect or motivation in general. Brainiac obviously doesnt do what he does for a malicious purpose unlike the Joker, even if he commits more "evil" by pure numbers.
>>
>>92529339
Then again ill add to this that the Joker is insane and by default viable to human error whereas Brainiac is a calculating inhumane intellect that should have a moral compass strong enough to recognize his actions as unacceptable no matter if he has to power to do so
>>
>>92518698

An easy way to gauge the two is have them switch places. Put Joker on Brainiacs level and Brainiac on joker's and tell me which would be worse.
>>
>>92529146
funny they make the hispanic kid a wrestling fan
>>
>>92529088
If Joker had the capability he would eradicate planets for no reason.
>>
>>92529438
>Joker becomes a planet destroying idiot who does it all for the lulz. Makes stupid puns as he wipes out billions of lives at a time and jerks off to the screams of the people just before they're vaporized.
>Brainiac becomes a mob boss who plays it close to the vest and seeks to control the city through figure head politicians all for the sake of order and control

Hmm...
>>
>>92521396

Wasn't there a comic where Luthor teams up with other super-geniuses against Supes just to be laughed at because he doesn't measure up to their intellects?
>>
>>92531340
>Braniac is Cobblepot
>>
>>92532030
The difference is that Penguin doesn't do it for the sake of order and control, he does it because he's greedy and because he wants to feel powerful (and because he feels he's good at it).
>>
>>92521396
Power levels were a mistake.
>>
>>92530912
whats funny about that?
>>
in terms of scale, yeah
>>
>>92518826
He does take pleasure in destroying worlds, he says so himself in the game. Something about knowledge being more valuable when it's rarer
>>
>>92518698
Brainiac is not Evil.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.