[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Sonic Comic Reading Order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: E8MuqR7.jpg (282KB, 1320x1001px) Image search: [Google]
E8MuqR7.jpg
282KB, 1320x1001px
Now that the Sonic Comics are cancelled and no more will be made. What's the final reading order chart for the Sonic Comics?
>>
You only need a reading order for before the reboot. Everything else guides you pretty directly.
>>
File: Sonic Timeline 2.png (1MB, 1320x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Timeline 2.png
1MB, 1320x1001px
I got an updated version
>>
>>92509381
I dunno if it's a sign of how badly it was written in the Penders era, or that the maker of this list didn't want to go too deeply into the dark ages. Every plot arc gets divided up to 20-30 issue chunks, except for the dark ages. Was there really only two major plot arcs between 75 and 175?

That, and shouldn't the break happen at 160, when Penders got kicked off the book? Like 160 to 180 should be a section all it's own, called "Cleaning up Penders mess".
>>
>>92509381
Is this the last version we'll ever have though?

>>92510419
Isn't the "Cleaning up Penders Mess" the crossover that happened?
>>
>>92510728
You're thinking about the Super Genesis Wave that happened later. I'm talking about when Ian started working on the book and took about 20 issues to unfuck the retarded plotlines.
>>
>>92510910
Oh, I've read till Robotnik's Return so I have no idea what happened later on
Also, someone managed to unfuck that mess? Dang!!
>>
>>92511062
Yep, which is precisely why the Super Genesis Wave was so damn depressing. Ian managed to take Penders crapfest and make it worth reading. 180-250 was the fucking golden age of the comic.
>>
>>92511192

>1-180 crapfest
>180-250 Golden Age
How was 250 till the end?
>>
>>92511287
Decent. Ian kinda had to scramble to come up with something after everything got thrown in the trash, and it was kinda obvious at first. Then he settled in and created some interesting characters(Thunderbolt is top), and tried to do plotlines while getting editor-dictated cross-overs and events shoved in.

I didn't think it was as good as 180-250, but I'm sure many anons will disagree with me.
>>
>>92510728
>Is this the last version we'll ever have though?

Probably, the future isn't looking too bright for the comic.
>>
>>92511438
I'm in the shitshow now, so I'll have to hold up a bit more to reach the good things... Good to know.

>>92513117
F
>>
File: 1442254226040.png (59KB, 151x161px) Image search: [Google]
1442254226040.png
59KB, 151x161px
It feels really strange, to have it end on one hand after so long, on the other to see the conclusion of the long-running autism this whole series generated.
I liked it overall, but to have it just cut off like that with no serious sendoff or resolution...
>>
>>92509381
Is there a batch torrent with all or most of it?
>>
>>92513575
I fell sad that they didn't let the people working on it close everything up to have a nice package. Close plot holes, resolve storylines etc etc.
>>
>>92510419
>Was there really only two major plot arcs between 75 and 175?
There wasn't a plot for arcs to fall in.

Each designation on the list is a shift in status quo and direction. 75-125 is vapid filler, mostly. Eggman comes back in 75 and the Sonic Adventure happens, but the main story through most of this period is drafted soap opera style. There are no stories: every issue starts where the last ended, checks up on the subplots without progressing them, maybe adds one or two new developments, then ends with a plea for you to pick the book up again next time. So up until...say, 112 or so, there's just one endless main story that isn't even really an arc. Then Bollers tries to do the opposite to hush critics, calling himself Benny Lee and churning out inventory stories that are short, simple and vapid. The first thing to fucking matter for shit after SA1 is Sonic getting zapped into space, which is a short little excursion that doesn't merit its own subheading.

Meanwhile Ken churns out about four issues worth of content (being REAL generous there) over four years in the backups.

After Sonic gets back from space, pretty much every old loose end is thrown away and a new status quo and set of subplots is established, which is why it gets a new heading. Karl made a few little arcs, Ken does jack shit AGAIN aside from a few cleanup issues, there's a SHITLOAD of filler, and then Ian's first year is cleanup and a finale for all that junk, leading into a new status quo.

So no, there's no need for designations beyond what's there. It's about two "arcs" spread absurdly thin.
>>
>>92511287
>1-180
This is why I hate this fanbase's penchant for sweeping generalizations.

Most of 0-40 is good stuff, quality gag-adventure strips in the style of Atlas and Quality with modern techniques and writing. Some of Ian's better stories are in the 160-180 range, and there's little gems scattered around.
>>
So who is going to storytime everything?
>>
>>92513903
>There wasn't a plot for arcs to fall in.
Having read through those issues, I can understand.

>>92513974
1-30 anon, by 35 or so they were already headed into drama territory.
>>
>>92514429
I think when it's official over someone will do it :/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.