[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>They could save this show by....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 76

File: Steven_Shield_WD.png (45KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Shield_WD.png
45KB, 270x270px
>They could save this show by....
>>
>>92504859
Cutting relationship andhave every one, including crybabby universe, start fighting in badass fights that DON'T look like shit.
>>
>>92504859
Giving him some actual fucking shoes
>>
>>92504859
Carrying over an idea that looked pretty good from the last time this thread was made.

>Make a competent human organization dedicated to the protection of Earth. Have them respect the Crystals Gems and the efforts they have made to protect humanity through the years, but still be wary of them becuase they have their own interests at heart and disagree with the Gems on their methods (particularly trying to hide Xenotech and bringing a young boy with them instead of letting him grow up normally). Make them more pragmatic about eliminating Gem threats and capable of doing so, so that Steven's efforts to befriend everyone comes across more so as a beneficent gesture rather than a plea for mercy made by a weaker force that has no hope of conventional victory.
>>
>>92504859
Making the other half of episodes good, beach city only has two people I like, Greg, and Connie. All other residents are boringly written backround characters who should never get their own episode but somehow always do.
>>
>>92504919
This would be pretty good and makes the humans look more competent to boot
>>
>>92504859
Brutally and mercilessless killing the original Crystal Gems. Then, Peeidot and Lapis will have a reason to get out of the meme barn, and the traumatic experience will Hopefully cause Steven to toughen up and stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>92504859
killing all its main characters and starting over
>>
>>92504881
>implying Korean animators are able to fix that
>>
Sticking to a regular schedule.
>>
>>92504859
by killing off the fandom who latched on post-Jailbreak

Seriously, I don't want to hear any more discussion about how progressive or how "it's really not as progressive as you thought at first" arguments.

Let me go back to the quieter times when people would generally dismiss the show because the main character was an annoying fatass. At least then I could just ignore them since they would never participate in discussion. Watching fans teeter back and forth between dropping the show or embracing their stockholm's syndrome is such a headache in itself.

I feel bad for the AT fans who had to deal with this shit since, what, post-Breezy? Every fucking thread would be like "where did the fandom go? I can't believe this show declined so hard."
>>
>>92505439
Korean animators worked on shit like Samurai Jack, and that came out fine.

It comes down to the artists on SU's staff and how they lay out their storyboards. If they do a shit job at it and give their animators shitty directions, then the quality of the final product will obviously suffer.
>>
>>92504859
cancelling it
>>
>>92504919

I don't think that Sugar would ever do something that interesting, but we can dream...

In addition to implementation the suggestion above, I'd improve SU by:

> Removing Songs (They're cringe-worthy, and a massive, unnecessary waste of time given that an episode only lasts 11 minutes)

> Extend episode length to 20 minutes

> Establish concrete goals for the protagonist(s) which create a sense of progression when acomplished

> When establishing antagonists make them actually threatening to the protagonist(s)

> Shift to more a serious, somber atmosphere (gives the world weight, contrasts with comedic/emotional/light-hearted moments making them more striking)

> Vastly reduce the number of comedic/emotional/light-hearted scenes (Less is more)

> Stop making references to other media, or at least make it much more subtle/infrequent (It isn't good. It won't age well. STOP.)

> Move away from SoL/comedy back toward action adventure (Explore a gem ruin with a side characters, fight interesting monsters, fuck around with Artifacts

> Have conflict occur that is more dire than a spat between Lars and Sadie

That's everything that comes to mind, but if you're short on time it can be roughly summarized as: "DO NOT MAKE STEVEN UNIVERSE!"
>>
>>92504859
me
>>
Cancel it. the animation is fucking garbage, the songs are cringy, the voices are cringy, the story is garbage, and the fanbase are a bunch of fucking losers. stop. It's not good. Never was
>>
>>92505888
so turn into the generic boy's show totally geared to selling merchandise.

Like GI Joe or Transformers.

Or maybe just switch to your awful shounen anime teenage boys and manchildren love to forever jerk off to
>>
File: 1494513628538s.jpg (2KB, 125x92px)
1494513628538s.jpg
2KB, 125x92px
>>92504859

Have a more grounded focus on the gimmick that brought most people to the show in the first place and differentiates it from other shows;

Namely the gems.

An occasional focus on townies is fine but when you think about it they never really had too much of an importance on the overall plot of the story other than to make us 'care about earth'.

Also I'm tired of hearing that this show doesn't have filler. It does. Filler can be very nice as a break better important stuff and as a way to flesh out characters, but when it gets redundant it becomes irritating.
>>
>>92506230

That's not exactly what I was envisioning, although either of those things would be a marked improvement over what SU is now...
>>
>>92506406
Not at all.
>>
>>92505916
Ow, the edge.
>>
>>92504919
I like this idea, actually. This concept would make for a good reboot/remake of the series.
>>
File: IMG_2635.jpg (56KB, 425x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2635.jpg
56KB, 425x395px
>>92506432
>Thinking Steven Universe now has anything worthy of Merit to it and wouldn't be beaten by 80's kids shows
Holy Shit Taste Batman!
>>
>>92506461
>implying 30 minute toy commercials have any merits
Holy shit taste Reagan.
>>
File: IMG_1859.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1859.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>92506471
>Implying 30 minute Toy commercials with action, urgency, organized plot, and a modicum of Human storytelling aren't better then "Lesbian Rocks talk about fee-fees while uninteresting Normies pretend they're important"
>>
>>92506519
>>Implying 30 minute Toy commercials with action, urgency, organized plot, and a modicum of Human storytelling
Oh shit, we've officially hit rose tinted glasses territory
>>
>>92506519
>80's fags actually believe this.
>>
>>92506540
Compared to Filler Universe, they're practically Chock full of it.
>>
>>92506519
Way to out yourself as a literal man child anon.
>>
>>92506567
You have to be +18 to post here.
I can tell because this is something an underage would post on YouTube.
>>
>>92504859
Killing Steven and reducing the crying
>>
>it's another "How do we fix this show?" thread
>most of it is edge lord answers (kill this character because I don't like him)
>there's one decent answer that's quickly ignored
>basically devolves into shitposting
As usual for /co/.
>>
>>92506576
>>92506559
>>92506540
>y-y-you're just a nostalgic man child!
Nigga I didn't watch 80's cartoons till I was 15 and i found them to be a bit underwhelming.
My point wasn't that 80's cartoons are god, but that Steven Universe is that shit.
>>
>>92506662
Which one is the decent one?
>>
>>92506673
>>y-y-you're just a nostalgic man child!
You haven't really proved anyone wrong.
>>
>>92506686
This one.
>>92504919
And mind you, that was from a different thread.
>>
>>92506673
>My point wasn't that 80's cartoons are god, but that Steven Universe is that shit.
Not that guy but this is wrong by the sheer fact that SU is made by people actually wanting to be there rather than jaded middle aged business men wanting a quick buck.
>>
>>92506471
Nigga one of the best animated movies of all time is a toy commercial.

And the first CG movie and with one of the best trilogies of all time literally stars toys that you can now buy for your kids.

The fuck you going on about as if it's impossible to find a balance between merchandising and quality?
>>
>>92506747
>Nigga one of the best animated movies of all time is a toy commercial.
Did you actually watch the movie?
>>
>>92504859
...killing off Lars.
>>
>>92506713

That comment got three replies over the course of the thread (not counting yours) so I'm not sure that it's accurate to say that it was ignored...

Additionally all of the people who replied spoke well of that suggestion, myself included...
>>
>>92506747
>And the first CG movie and with one of the best trilogies of all time literally stars toys that you can now buy for your kids.
>that you can now buy for your kids
It's like you don't know the meaning behind "merchandise driven".
>>
>>92506747
>The fuck you going on about as if it's impossible to find a balance between merchandising and quality?
I never said that.
But your stupid if you think 80s cartoons match up to any of the examples you listed.
>>
>>92506662
>kill this character because I don't like him
You're right we need more episodes about Peridorito acting silly for the lulz and Lapis being depressed because fuck the story right?
>>
>>92506790
That's why I added the "trilogy" part, because that was certainly driven by their decision to make money.
>>
>>92506783
1. It's three comments out of 41 and counting. And this was early in the thread; now people are shitposting about merchandise driven.
2. Of course it's well spoken; it's the pearl in the sea of crap that is this thread.
>>
>>92506444
There wasn't any edge autist. The show is bad. Get over it
>>
>>92506824
But not by merchandise; Cars is Pixar's merchandise cow.
>>
>>92506866
>using autist out of nowhere
Summer can't end fast enough.
>>
>>92506824
And because of that, we got Cars 2 and Monster's University.

It works both ways.
>>
>>92506890
I know. Then you'll have to go back to school it'll be great
>>
>>92506949
And you'll have to repeat middle school.
How sad.
>>
>>92506817
Because going full Millar and killing people is totally deep and mature and is good for the story, right?
>>
>>92504919
Adding that would require an overhaul of a multitude of things that have been established so far.

That's reboot material, not desperate addition to the show to try and fix it material.
>>
>>92507009
Better than dragging the plot through the mud because of a few characters
>>
>>92506519

> tired monster of the day setup>clonflict>resolution cliche with zero real variation, every episode of nearly every western 80s animated show in existence

modicum of human storytelling alright

> "Lesbian Rocks talk about fee-fees while uninteresting Normies pretend they're important"

You do realise how blatant it is that you probably haven't seen a single episode of the show and are basing this on the maymay that it's an SJW show because "tumblr likes it", right

This is what I hate the most about 2010's++ 4chan to date: what seems like more than half the people here are contrarian millenials who only ever communicate with buzzwords like "edgy", "cringy", "SJW" and such or rephrase those slightly and are by now incapalbe of being constructive, because thinking using silly little meme labels is easier than applying logic and doesn't require any personal integrity or attention span whatsoever

At this point even reddit manages to be more interesting, at least it gives you a multitude of options to skip all the garbage
>>
>>92504859
Having a completely irredeemable villain
>>
>>92507054
To be honest, this could be inserted right after the Arrival of Jasper's ship, and it would fit pretty well.
>>
this show is fucking pathetic. anyone who watches it is brony tier.
>>
>>92507143
I think we might be heading into that direction.
>>
>>92507054

Yup...

Actually, fuck it, don't do a reboot. It'd probably be better to just invent an entirely different IP with a similar core premise...

That way to have more freedom with where you go with the story, and you don't have to worry (as much) about the unsavory parts of SU's fanbase transitioning over to your project...
>>
>>92506390
Dumbass. It's not filler because it was building up for the alien invasion. An audience feels more for victims if they have gotten to know them.

>>92505888
Fuck edgelords. The lighthearted parts make the darker parts all the more powerful.
>>
>>92507198
It'd be like Mother 4 without the backlash.
>>
>>92507143

I'm assuming White Diamond is going to be exactly that, there has to be a reason why she hasn't even been mentioned yet this late into the show - I like to think she will probably be the one true big bad.

Considering how everything is being set up at this point, I think it will turn out that Rose didn't actually shatter PD (no duh), but WD corrupted her by mistake (she's most likely the one with corruption powers), something probably only Rose and YD had known and both kept secret for their own purposes. You know, especially considering it's been specifically foreshadowed that Rose had secrets that she kept "even from Pearl".

She's literally going to be the allegory for dictatorship and nuclear warfare, feel free to screencap this.
>>
File: IMG_1771.gif (1MB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1771.gif
1MB, 223x200px
>>92507134
Bitch I watched the damn thing past the Jasper's ship arc, expecting a story about a by learning to grow up and control his powers and fight for the good of Mankind. What I got was a bunch of dysfunctional Xenos, showing how incompetent and unqualified they are to be parents, and a young boy dicking around an ocean side hamlets, with one in a blue moon there being an episode about escalating tensions and leading up to the big finale. I was so happy when Jasper's ship arrived. I was like "Finnaly, shit's gonna happen and the stakes are gonna rise. But then as soon as that happened, what were the next couple episodes? The Mail man wanting to bone on of the Lesbian space Rocks, and Steven Going for a Joyride in Peridot's pod, back when she was actually somewhat threatening and intimidating. What a fucking let down.
>>
>>92507249
>YD had known and both kept secret for their own purposes.
If this was true, there wouldn't have been a Clutster and no show, actually. The plot only really started with Peridot, who was sent to Earth to check on the Cluster.
>>
>>92506390
>Paople say this show has no filling
I've seen up to the jailbreak and is mostly filling, there is rarely any character development and even less plot advancement. I dunno how this show gathered fans with only the first season.
>>
The wod filler has truly lost its meaning.
>>
File: 1491534274648.jpg (9KB, 189x173px)
1491534274648.jpg
9KB, 189x173px
>>92504859
Kill Garnet, or rather Sapphire. With her murder the stakes will be raised, the tone would shift, focus would be forced onto it, and Ruby would either develop as a character or go mad with grief, forcing another CG to be lost.
>>
>>92504859
Actually enforcing quality control and Sugar taking an active leadership role
>>
File: 1493941816785.png (109KB, 416x382px) Image search: [Google]
1493941816785.png
109KB, 416x382px
>>92507204
>An audience feels more for victims if they have gotten to know them.
>Victims

Do you really expect them to kill anyone off in this show?

If anything, building characters up just to kill them off or be canon fodder is a sign of bad writing.
>>
>>92507376
I never said they were going to kill them. Someone being abducted is not a victim now?
>>
I just want the show from the pilot. Great art style that compliments Rebecca's organic approach, the gems are from Earth rather than space and aren't subject to a bunch of tired "what are these strange human things of which you speak? we're aliens" jokes, Steven's still cheery but recognizes an asshole when he's talking to one, and fewer pseudo-science explanations for magic. Maybe new gems are introduced as they uncorrupt more monsters, and sometimes those gems just hate them.
>>
>>92507396
Sounds like a good concept. I would watch it but I like the show as it is now too.
>>
>>92507157
It wouldn't have. Like I've said before in previous threads, for there to be a defensive organization that actually makes sense it would require then to have some kind of orbital defensive grid, all homeworld has to do is toss a giant rock at earth and kill all life, we'd have to go before the roaming eye popped up.

>>92507198
I'm fine with that, kids need a good action show and there aren't really that many in the way of cartoons.
>>
Referring to aliens as Xenos in regular conversation is peak autism.
>>
>>92507316

Well, when we don't have any wods to fill it with...
>>
>>92507395

My point of building a character up just so that they can be taken away still stands. If anything the whole abduction thing reduces them to a macguffin to get back rather than something that has a purpose in out of itself.

It's kinda hard to feel bad about abuduction when everything will just return to the status quo. Again there is no real sense of danger because you know for a fact that despite them being taken away and studied by aliens that they'll be fine an episode or two later.
>>
>>92507522
I was hoping for something more large scale as a result of Steven's recklessness. Except it's all contained in Beach City and is manageable by the CGS numbers.

Serious repurcussions could add some drama.
>>
>>92507396

I actually prefer the gems as aliens, I just wish they kept the magic aspect. We started out talking about magic, and that gradually got phased out.

Anyway, my suggestions to save the show would be:

> Allow episodes to be told from the viewpoints of other characters. It's neat that the show is seen almost entirely from Steven's viewpoint, but it can be a
> as mentioned above, a human organization dedicated to fighting gems. Even if it's just in the background for the most part, makes humans look far more competent, opens up new plot avenues.
> Take an opportunity to flesh out Earth's alternate history
> No meme barn; Lapis and Peridot, any future redeemed gems actually become Crystal Gems and go on missions
> Tighter focus on Steven and the Gems, Connie and Greg
> Townies relegated to background characters, as they always should have been
> more monster of the week episodes to supplement breather episodes
> Steven matures, grows older, becomes at least a bit more masculine
>>
>>92507466
I spelled wrong, smarty pants.
>>
>>92507717
>Townies relegated to background characters, as they always should have been
I will always disagree with this. Steven is allowed to have a normal life, damnit.
>>
>>92507717
Lapis still doesn't want to be a Crystal Gem. That's why she is in the barn.

And I guess there is not much space for Peridot in the Temple. Unless they build her one and that may take time. I also think Peridot got used to live there, so she wouldn't want to leave the barn.
>>
File: 1494828140547.jpg (103KB, 801x643px) Image search: [Google]
1494828140547.jpg
103KB, 801x643px
>>92507850
>Peridot is a competent engineer/technician
>doesn't use her to help build better technology for future gem encounters and to better understand their technology
>hangs out in a meme farm all the time and puts trash together

WHAT IS THIS SHIT
>>
>>92507916
Because you need materials for that and Peridot finds everything on Earth to be obsolete.

Also, let's admit it here. Gem technology is half-magic so you can't build stuff with things from Earth.
>>
>>92507796

OOOH
AH
DANCE IN SMARTY PANTS
OOOH
AH
DANCE IN SMARTY PANTS
>>
>>92507989
Didn't they build a drill that went to the center of the earth from trash?
>>
>>92507204
>Fuck edgelords. The lighthearted parts make the darker parts all the more powerful.

Nigga that's not how it works. Grim Darkness makes Acts of Kindness and Heroism shine Brighter in Comparison, but A world of Light does not make the Darkness any Darker. If anything, it undercuts it as you know that the Darkness will never accomplish any thing meaningful in such a bright happy environment.
>>
>>92507809

Steven isn't a real person Anon. There is no life for Steven to have...

> Townies relegated to background characters, as they always should have been

On the subject of townies, I don't think they should be relegated to props in the background. I'd like it if the majority of the time a townie or two found themselves involved in Steven's adventures instead of Steven wandering around town, trying to solve mundane problems and generally watching paint dry...

Basically, just develop characters by/while having something interesting happen that they need to deal with...
>>
>>92504859
Making Pearl perpetually barefoot.
>>
>>92507809
>>92508077

Perhaps I worded it wrong. I don't think we need to throw out the townies altogether. I'm fine with a few townie episodes now and again. It's just that sometimes you get the feeling we spend more time on Lars and Sadie than the Crystal Gems, and I don't particularly care for that.

>>92508098

This guy has a good idea.

Also, make Lapiven canon
>>
>>92504859
Ok first of all make this the final season, you can save the show by turning it around now because people are sick of it
Now that we established that no more town shit, we have Steven and Lars bond a little now but after that the only humans in the show are Greg and Connie
Petridot and lapis fuck off from the show for a while, I don't care what you do with them, there is no way to make them seem cool and no way of getting rid of them naturally so rip that band aid, it will hurt a bit but then it will feel so much better
Plot, plot plot
Move the show to homeworld or something for a while, not like the zoo, have the rest of the season take place there
>>
>>92508025
Yes, and Peridot complained all the way. Also, it was an emergency. Peridot has no urgency to start trying to build technology with shit now.
>>
>>92508147

Christ, when was the last time there was a episode with Steven and the Gems going on an adventure, or developing their respective characters by interacting with one another?
>>
>>92508241

Now she make retarded performance art, and watches soap operas...

Does going from competent to semi-competent, to irrelevant count as a character arc?
>>
>>92508147
Lately my problem is more the episodes where Steven has 90% of the dialogue for one reason or another like onion gang/lion 4/storm in the room...

If the whole show is from his perspective, then the entire show is his "arc", he shouldn't need solo episodes in addition to that
>>
>>92508232

> No way to make them seem cool

That would be ridiculously easy to do. One's a mechanical genius with magnetism and the other has near-complete control over water. They've been so fucked by bad writing that people have all but discounted them ever actually doing anything.

>>92508256

My point exactly. I miss missions. I miss the monsters. I miss the exotic locales. I miss the escapades the gems got themselves into.
>>
>>92504859

make my waifu the main character
>>
>>92508297
Relax, anon. Maybe she and Pearl will build something to go rescuse Steven.
>>
>>92508355
*rescue
>>
File: 195342698542.png (294KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
195342698542.png
294KB, 392x714px
Why couldn't Peridot's personality throughout the entire series been like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JRfLemdeo
>>
>>92508355

I'm completely relaxed, mate.

Eating some banana bread in my boxers while discussing stupid shit with anons on the Internet...

I don't think it is physically possible to get any more relaxed...
>>
File: without this.png (143KB, 641x323px) Image search: [Google]
without this.png
143KB, 641x323px
>>92504859

if Steven Universe were a show without this
>>
>>92507809
normal lives are not fucking interesting and the crew as proven again and again that they can't write entertaining SoL
>>
File: without this2.png (176KB, 635x301px) Image search: [Google]
without this2.png
176KB, 635x301px
>>92508472
or this
>>
File: without this 3.png (162KB, 637x302px) Image search: [Google]
without this 3.png
162KB, 637x302px
>>92508503
or this
>>
File: without this 4.png (273KB, 1095x325px) Image search: [Google]
without this 4.png
273KB, 1095x325px
>>92508524
and without that
>>
keeping "steven bomb" levels of quality throughout the entire season

the episodes between bombs keep getting more and more mediocre, but the bombs are still fucking amazing
>>
>>92508503
>>92508549
Are you suggesting to get rid of Ronaldo and Lapis? Shit taste.

>>92508488
That's just your opinion. I liked the "townies" episodes and only hated them because of LatAm CN repeating them ad infinitum.
>>
>>92508472
>dissing Poil

had it not been for the laws of this land i wouldve slaughtered you
>>
>>92508630
we can keep both
but have Ronaldo have to do more with theories like when he talks about the Diamond authority at the end of that on episode

and please not have people Sympathize with Lapis after she's caused trouble herself. she's certainly an anti-hero
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (82KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
82KB, 540x303px
>>92508657
>couldn't see the obvious drawing front and center
>>
>>92508701
Welp, I will agree with that.
>>
>>92504859

Killing Connie
>>
Put Greg Weisman in charge.
>>
>>92508851
No.
>>
File: no!.png (610KB, 1110x550px) Image search: [Google]
no!.png
610KB, 1110x550px
>>92508657
>>92508736
>>92508472

this gimmick is really unnecessary, especially in the more serious episode it was featured in. it makes Garnet look completely out of character
>cuz lol I only can picture muhself
>>
File: Leak.jpg (72KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
Leak.jpg
72KB, 498x498px
>>92508851

Conning Killie
>>
File: 1494784050501.png (211KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494784050501.png
211KB, 540x540px
Make Lapiven canon.
>>
File: 1487456172363.png (454KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
1487456172363.png
454KB, 800x565px
>>92509225
Keep the love pure no lewdness between these pure gems please.
>>
>>92506971
Lol fuckin loser
>>
File: bestship_by_farleysweet-d9doz3x.png (607KB, 663x1022px) Image search: [Google]
bestship_by_farleysweet-d9doz3x.png
607KB, 663x1022px
>>92504859
It's too late to save it, so just make everything that doomed it worse.

>>92509225
>>
>>92504859
I want more fucking adventure episodes. I'm part of the minority that likes town episodes, but I do agree they give us way too many of them.
>>
>>92509396
Nice comeback.
>>
>>92508915
Still amazed but the autism that one scene generated.
>>
File: 1494978464890.png (885KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494978464890.png
885KB, 1050x1500px
>>92509441
Well it seems are wish is finally being granted with Steven on Homeworld finally.
>>
File: 1489036540134.jpg (4KB, 208x210px)
1489036540134.jpg
4KB, 208x210px
>>92509479
What do you expect from this autism driving board?
>Make a throw away joke that will get a light chuckle out of the audience.
>/co/ shrieks like autistic children over a dumb joke in a kids cartoon.

Why am I on this fucking board again?
>>
>>92509680

It didn't warrant the mass autism outbreak it generated but it wasn't a funny joke by any measure
>>
>>92509760
I did say light chuckle.
>>
>>92507272
>Bitch I watched the damn thing past the Jasper's ship arc
And there lies your problem.
You're just a Jailbreak bandwagoner.
>>
>>92509617
I don't know if that counts. What I want is to see more of earth, like in the moon spiral episode, or giant woman, just cool places that have cool things in them. I don't know, maybe the homeworld arc will do it for me after all.
>>
>>92507272
>WAHHHH, why can't this cartoon cater to me?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (41KB, 274x326px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
41KB, 274x326px
why is /sug/ posting everywhere but /trash/?
>>
File: 1487465945336.gif (3MB, 299x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487465945336.gif
3MB, 299x200px
>>92509858
I love Jailbreak as much as the next prick but the amount of faggot bandwagoner's it brought to this show is painful its even worse since jailbreak is not and never has been the best episode of SU.
Its the most overrated episode of SU and I hate the people it brought to this fandome.
>>
File: IMG_5993.jpg (48KB, 640x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5993.jpg
48KB, 640x538px
>>92509307

Purity and lewdness are not mutually exclusive
>>
File: 1481863778886.png (970KB, 843x705px) Image search: [Google]
1481863778886.png
970KB, 843x705px
>>92510045
Why can't you let there love be pure anon? we must not pervert pure things.
>>
Releasing episodes on a weekly schedule
>>
>>92509885
>w-w-well t-t-that's because it's not to y-your tastes.
>T-that's y-y-your problem brah
I geuss it is my Problem that I don't have Shit tastes. How will I ever live with that
>>92509858
>You're just a Jailbreak bandwagoner
Bitch I was watching from the beginning and got off after Jailbreak ended and everything just ended up going back to the same shit.
>>
>>92510175
>doing the stutter to disprove my point
Is that your only way to argue or do you just have Tourette's?
>>
>>92510175
>w-w-well t-t-that's because it's not to y-your tastes.
>T-that's y-y-your problem brah

Not him but I can tell your a fat 12 year old.
Fucking summer.
>>
>>92510175
>I geuss it is my Problem that I don't have Shit tastes.
You legitimately think 80s cartoons are good; you've already proven that you have shit taste.
Also
>geuss
>>
File: IMG_5872.jpg (209KB, 1938x1111px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5872.jpg
209KB, 1938x1111px
>>92510139

But there's nothing purer than sweet, happy sex between lovers
>>
>>92510224
>Not him but I can tell your a fat 12 year old.
Hailing 80s action cartoons as good storytelling didn't tip you off?
>>
>>92506444
Ow, SU sucks
>>
>>92510296
Lot of underage today.
>>
File: WhereDoYouThinkWeAre.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
WhereDoYouThinkWeAre.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>92510139

>>
File: 1484933767239.png (588KB, 1280x1682px) Image search: [Google]
1484933767239.png
588KB, 1280x1682px
>>92510256
That's gross anon stop it.
>>
Less filler, or at least "contributive" filler; like it doesn't relate to the main story at all, but the episodes could at least change something, like maybe we get a new understanding of a minor character. Room for Ruby would have been a bit better if Lapis hadn't been so obvious about her suspicions, like maybe she would say something to Peridot, and Peridot would say "yeah, it is kind of suspicious," and then they go to the other gems and ask about them adjusting and what not, we learn more about the characters. Lapis doesn't look like a jackass then, and you don't feel like the episode wasted your time to get rid of a spaceship.

3 gems and a baby would have been amazing if instead of retelling a story to the 5 people who already knew it, they told the story to Lapis, Peridot, Uncle Andy, and Connie (can't remember if she was there), people and gems who haven't seen any of the past should learn about it WITH the audience and deepen the connections between the characters in the show and the people watching. Now our new friends learn something about each other, grows, and the audience feels like they were part of that growth.
>>
You know your action show is shit when fucking Family Guy has better fight scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4WGQmWcrbs
>>
>>92510212
It's that your argument isn't even an arguement and not worth giving any serious consideration
>>
>>92504859
>A decent schedule
>Not making the episodes 10 minutes long or alternatively not wasting the majority of the episodes on uninteresting bullshit
>Getting to the fucking point (not keeping plot points lingering forever
>Making the human characters even remotely entertaining
>Having the gems interact with the humans
>Having character model sheets and sticking to them
>>
>>92510420
>Implying SU is an action show
>implying that's a good fight scene
>>
>>92510224
>>92510237
>You legitimately think 80s cartoons are good; you've already proven that you have shit taste.
See
>>92506673
>>
>>92505004
I like learning more about the background characters. It's better than them just being there and doing nothing. Like if we hadn't made connections with these characters, there would be no motivation to help them at any time whatsoever. Being helpful to make the hero look good makes them selfish, but you really get the feel that Steven cares about his friends and isn't doing it because he HAS to do it.
>>
>>92510440
And yet, you still find my points interesting enough to respond.
>>
File: IMG_5955.jpg (76KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5955.jpg
76KB, 422x750px
>>92510415

I will not, you know it's right
>>
>>92510480
That proves nothing.
>>
>>92510511
I find your inability to come up with an actual excuse for why the show being shit is okay amusing.
>>
>>92510468
Point one is beyond the Crew's control.
Point six is a lost cause.

The rest are subjective but I agree nevertheless.
>>
>>92510547
When did I ever imply you mongoloid?
What I find amusing is that you're willing to say that 80s cartoons are good in any sense of the word.
>>
>>92510582
New episode when?
>>
>>92510547
Interloper here. I don't think it's shit. I really like it. I suppose it all boils down to personal taste, but when you binge watch the series all at once it makes a better story than waiting 2 and 3 weeks at a time between episodes.
You haven't really given a reason for why you think it's shit, aside from it being a newer show.
I think it's really sucky to shit on new things just because they're new.
>>
>>92510649
Next new episode is supposed to be May 31
>>
>>92506471
30 years of Gundam certainly seem to indicate that.
>>
>>92504859
stop making garnet a mary sue
>>
>>92504859
Uncle Grandpa joining the main cast.
>>
>>92510673
See >>92507272
>>
>>92510649
>>92510694
It's a four part special that airs on May 29th.
You can find the first part on the app.
>>
>>92510749
I don't really think she's a mary sue, I think she's just not involved in tough tasks anymore. It's kind of like they keep calling the same person to open a pickle jar and they do it each time and then someone says "quit making them a mary sue" because they can open a pickle jar.

They haven't had someone able to challenge her skill level since Jasper, but she might stop being a "mary sue" if they get stronger enemies to fight.

Another thing would be separating Ruby and Sapphire again. I need that sweet, sweet heartache.
>>
>>92510864

'Being able to open the Pickle Jar' in this analogy equates to the power to predict and consequentially circumvent any problem or conflict that pops up, unless the plot demands otherwise of course...
>>
>>92511105
She can only see the chances, she can't see exactly what will happen. It's like if you toss a dice, you know it will land on 1,2,3,4,5, or 6c but you don't know which one for sure.
>>
>>92507143
Why are people so damn obsessed with wanting this? I don't understand what is so wrong with humanized villains and redemption arcs. Why are you even watching this show? Irredeemable doesn't fit the theme.
>>
>>92511165

> She can only see the chances, she can't see exactly what will happen...

> ... she can't see exactly what will happen...

Pretty sure that is absolutely incorrect...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HI_GREifFQ

She describes the probability of an event occurring as well as the event itself...
>>
>>92511730
She said in that one where he gets on the roof that there was a small chance that he wouldn't freak out but he did anyway
>>
>>92504859
At this point they need to cut the shit and move forward with the plot and start tying up ends. They've been stringing us along for years now and almost nothing big or game-changing has happened. Everything is reversed to the status quo.

Start getting Homeworld understanding that Earth isn't going to blow up. Start having Steven figure out how to cure corrupted gems in preparation for all this. Just fucking tell us what happened with Rose and Pink Diamond, give us the rest of the gems' backstory with Rose, flesh out Lapis and quit with the mystery, bring Jasper back, deal with Bismuth.

It's time to get a move on. That's how you save the show. I'm not optimistic enough to think that this upcoming arc will do that, but who knows. Maybe that'll be the starting point.
>>
>>92504919
That idea is really generic.
>>
>>92511724

Because Steven is the polar opposite of the omnipotent, nigh-indestructible action hero that blows up all the bad guys. He finds source of conflict, releases his 'Steven pheromones' so as to ease the process of befriending it, sings a song or goes on a little moralizing tirade, and then conflict is resolved.

He has done this with literally every confrontation, at this point It's thoroughly exasperating and asinine. At least with mega-rad action dude, I'd get to see some shit explode...
>>
Make Steven look and sound his actual age. Have less of Steven and Connie acting like kids (I'm not against it, but sometime they act so childish that it is off-putting). Stop making Steven look like a gullible idiot (Onion Gang for example).

Remove Garnet's Future Vision. There are so many plot holes created by her future vision.
>>
File: IMG_5918.jpg (315KB, 1000x857px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5918.jpg
315KB, 1000x857px
It appears the Lapiven pro-sex camp has won out

Three cheers for sweet Lapis/Steven sexytimes
>>
>>92511885

How did it manage to get at that guys tongue? I mean, surely that has to be one of the hardest places to land a bite...

Was this guy french kissing the zombie or something?
>>
>>92511923
So because you want this show to be edgy bullshit with SPLOSIONS and not what it is. Shocking. Stop watching, then. We've seen the gems beat the shit out of plenty of people but that isn't what this show is about. It's about peace and understanding winning the day.
>>
Make Garnet's existence more about co-dependence rather than pure love (They literally started fusing after the accidental first time because they liked the feeling of it and became addicted to it. Whatever semblance of love that exists between Sapphire and Ruby came after becoming addicted to fusion).
>>
>>92512077
No, fucking stop. Garnet can be fixed by focusing on GARNET and her issues, not Ruby and Sapphire. Focus on her feelings about being forced to be a leader and hold the team together while Pearl and Amethyst selfishly fall apart. Focus on how she feels about Rose's absence. Talk more about her mixed feelings on the rebellion and her trauma from it, which were hinted at before as a contrast to Pearl's literal Rose-colored glasses.

The co-dependency meme is retarded and unnecessary.
>>
>>92511955
>Have less of Steven and Connie acting like kids (I'm not against it, but sometime they act so childish that it is off-putting).
So you want kids to stop acting like kids?
>>
>>92511834
It's also effective at generating a non-evil foil to the Crystal Gems, giving Steven's actions to befriend his foes some weight and meaning, and also provides an alternative to that failing.

Good ideas aren't always the ones never tried before.
>>
File: cuarzorosa.jpg (24KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
cuarzorosa.jpg
24KB, 349x400px
Not making every fucking character a hurt selfish cunt.

Simple.
>>
>>92504859
Honestly? Get rid of steven. That kid is a constant disappointment. I'd much rather watch the show from Connie's point of view working with the gems. Having the focus of the show more on the conflict between the crystal and homeworld gems and less on the personal and character development of a little child WHO DOES NOT AGE OR CHANGE

Seriously, last straw for me was when he was too busy freaking out to fuse with Connie. He's such an annoying fucking spaz.
>>
Since when is there a co-dependency meme? Everyone treats Garnet as a "perfect being of love" or some shit when her existence is really a pathetic one.
>>
>>92512244
So you're upset that a character has flaws?
>>
>>92512244
>personal and character development of a little child WHO DOES NOT AGE OR CHANGE

never thought of that before, it's canon that the kid is an eternal childhood and hasn't change at all physically or mentally since he was seven and he's supposed to be in high school
why make your character so static when you want to focus so much on his development in the writing?
>>
>>92512073

> So because you want this show to be edgy bullshit with SPLOSIONS and not what it is.

You'll notice I never actually said any of that, or even implied it really. Both scenarios I described are immensely ~boring~ from a story-telling perspective because the audience has already knows everything that is going to happen. Your choices are: watch the equivalent of keys being jangled in your face, or watch a bunch of people standing around and a conversation which you have already heard before...
>>
>>92512270
A character with Too many flaws that are never overcome is just as bad as a flawless one. It's why some many people Here hate Korra, she never got better or learned from her mistakes, she just got worse.
>>
>>92512270
the guy basically has a mental disorder. Connie was literally begging Steven to fuse with her so they could fight Topaz and he's just crying

seriously that wasn't just a freak out, that was a legitimate depersonalization episode. Connie is begging him to fuse and he doesn't even register her there, he's just lost in his meltdown
>>
>>92512291
He's never going to blow up a bunch of gems or kill someone. Time to get over it.
>>
I want them to actually be more mature after being heavily involved with this homeworld and gem stuff. I'm not asking for mini adults here, but I just don't want them to act like they are much, much younger than they actually are. It's primarily Steven that has this problem.
>>
File: 8974396739637.gif (1020KB, 298x236px) Image search: [Google]
8974396739637.gif
1020KB, 298x236px
>>92512324
>Korra only responds to Asami with the letters, only lets her communicate with her
>hides from literally everyone and doesn't let anyone reach out to her
>tfw told Asami, "You're the only one who was there for me."

She's so fucking stupid. And that was the last fucking episode. It's like all the acts people did to risk their life for her meant nothing. Not to mention Tenzin. He put up with so much of her shit.
>>
>>92512244
>>92512286
>>92512324
Technically, Steven has come a long way in terms of character development. Compare Steven now to him from episode 1; hangs up aside, he is more aware of the situation at hand, actively tries to help instead of just fix the messes he caused, is over all more compassionate and understanding, etc.

What I'm thinking is that they want to save up a grown up Steven for a latter episode, symbolizing his character arc has come to complete close.
>>
>>92511792
this
>>
>>92512356

That, isn't even pertinent to what I just said...

Are you these just pre-prepared responses that you're copying out of a word document or something?

Come on, I feel no fire in your heart Anon...
>>
>>92512330
Have you seen what this kid has gone through?
This was just a delayed reaction at the worst possible time.
>>
>>92504859
Cancelling it.
>>
>>92512324
The problem here is that people can't decide if Steven's flaw is that he's a Mary Sue who's always right or a protagonist too broken to work.
>>
>>92512390
Why are you posting gore?
>>
>>92512530

Trying to goad the Mods into nuking the thread?
>>
>>92512170
I'm not against using cliche ideas if used well, it just needs to be done well. A military organization around fighting gems is completely different from what the show is about. It would just be another, "military thinks they know what is best, but they are actually wrong and should listen to the experts/aliens."
>>
>>92512117
>Since when is there a co-dependency meme? Everyone treats Garnet as a "perfect being of love" or some shit when her existence is really a pathetic one.
>>
>>92512634
I don't know why the text is green. Please ignore the text color
>>
>>92512443
The problem is that they have written themselves into a corner by saying his mental age reflects his physical age. It's canon that he hasn't developed or learned from anything in the show. If anything he's literally shrinking. So he's regressing.
>>92512498
Steven hasn't gone through that much compared to other protagonists. And he's had a pretty coddled life.
>>
>>92504919
>he thinks turning the show into stereotypical capeshit dreck is "fixing" it
>>
>>92505004
The townie episodes exist so they can continue stretching the show over more episodes without killing the budget or moving the plot forward too fast
If you took away all the townie episodes then Steven Universe wouldn't be able to fit into 8 seasons you know
>>
>>92512571

> It would just be another, "military thinks they know what is best, but they are actually wrong and should listen to the experts/aliens."

But what if it wasn't though?

What if it was set up as:

Steven: "Your way of doing things is all wrong. Let me show you misguided saps the true way."

*Steven's plan goes tits up, CG's get wrecked, Military saves their asses from the fire."

Steven: "Maybe my way isn't a universal cure-all. Maybe I have more to learn."
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nk0b78iKt31r5wa25.png (133KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nk0b78iKt31r5wa25.png
133KB, 500x284px
>>92512678
I don't get why that matter.
>Oh this other guy in a completely different series has gone through worse
That means nothing.
Steven is still scarred by the shit that keeps happening to him and has a fuck ton of weight on his shoulders.
>>
>>92512800
>"Maybe my way isn't a universal cure-all. Maybe I have more to learn."
Steven has gone to homeworld and is somehow going to escape from their planet and somehow not going to lead the galactic empire back to earth to glass the planet. So as much as I would like that to happen, he's going to deus ex his way out of everything
>>
>>92506519
>>92506461
>>92506406

I dare you to rewatch any American kids' show from the 80s.

You would quickly realize what a huge nostalgiababby you are and how absolutely weak, unfunny, infantile and poorly animated those shows were. All of them. Yes, even Ducktales - its merits came from what little carried over from the comics, but it's groanworthy to watch today - just a bunch of poorly animated generic action and some heavy handed moral exposition at the end.
>>
>>92512856
>Steven has gone to homeworld and is somehow going to escape from their planet and somehow not going to lead the galactic empire back to earth to glass the planet
Source?
>>
File: 1481849618602.jpg (505KB, 1152x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1481849618602.jpg
505KB, 1152x1465px
>>92512027
Steven and Lapis's love is pure and your nasty fan art wont ruin there purity
>>
>>92512848

But he isn't though...

I mean, he is when the plot calls for him to bring it up, but outside of that he seems to just forget all the heavy shit. His personality doesn't seem to have changed or matured to any significant degree...
>>
>>92506747
This, the majority of other kid shows are made with merchandising in mind but that doesn't mean the quality of the show needs to be poor. Look at the Sonic Boom cartoon, it's been one of the best written shows on right now and it was supposed to sell the Boom games.
>>
>>92512956
>I mean, he is when the plot calls for him to bring it up, but outside of that he seems to just forget all the heavy shit.
Gee, it's almost like he hides his troubles behind a smile.
>>
>>92512848
>Steven is still scarred by the shit that keeps happening to him and has a fuck ton of weight on his shoulders.
The point is that the ratio of his reaction to what has happened is tilted in the favor of him being hyper emotional.
>>92512901
I mean isn't that the assumption? He has to escape Homeworld, there is no way for him to convince them to let him go. If he does not only will it be a new low in the writing since the cluster episode where Steven saves the day with his magical powers of empathy and talking, but it will also end the story.
If he manages to get off of Homeworld and get back to earth without resolving the conflict of the Diamonds wanting to grind him into dust and end the crystal gems for the civil war and the death of their sister, well they know where he lives.
I mean unless they try to hide in earth, which I don't expect because 95% of every episode is in beach city, but they could just glass the planet.

There's no way for them to write themselves out of this corner without more bad writing.
>>
>>92512678
>>92512956
Did you ignore the examples I gave you?
>>
>>92512634
The meme is trying to say the co-dependency thing is relevant or a good story. It's just Sapphirefags hoping Garnet will defuse for good one day.
>>
>>92513040
>If he does not only will it be a new low in the writing since the cluster episode where Steven saves the day with his magical powers of empathy and talking,
What did people want to happen in that arc?
>>
>>92513051
We're not the same posters what examples?
>>92513081
Something besides Steven stopping the cluster from exploding by telling the millions shattered and mentally tortured gems that they aren't alone, all at once, and that saves them?
>>
>>92513081
more than a 5 minute resolution, I'm sure.
>>
>>92513040
It just sounds like you're being preemptively negative.
>>
>>92513105
>Something besides Steven stopping the cluster from exploding by telling the millions shattered and mentally tortured gems that they aren't alone, all at once, and that saves them?
I'm open to suggestions.
>>92513107
It's an 11 minute show. It's the fate of all CN shows.
>>
File: IMG_3814.png (143KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3814.png
143KB, 480x360px
>>
>>92513070

I was going to mention this earlier

Garnet's been debased as a character enough as is, and not only do you continue to have the faction of idiots that openly want Ruby and Sapphire to permanently separate for one reason or another (though thankfully that has gone down a lot in the years since Jail Break), but then you also have the idiots who insist "Garnet is an unhealthy relationship, they need to defuse".

I just wish we had more of Garnet as a character. I'm fine with her being a fusion, I'm fine with her being the sage relationship guru, but I wish that wasn't all she was anymore
>>
>>92513025

You aren't meant to hide a character's emotional progress 'behind a smile' from the audience Anon...

That's like planning out a novel, but only actually writing the introduction and the conclusion, completely omitting the build-up and the climax...
>>
>>92512244
He was freaking out when he was fighting Topaz because he couldn't deal with not being able to save someone again. Go watch the episode with the butterflies.
>>
>>92513210
>You aren't meant to hide a character's emotional progress 'behind a smile' from the audience Anon...
Emotional progress =/= showing angst all the time.
There are people irl who have gone through horrible scenarios but still go through days smiling and laughing.
>>
>>92512524
There's no way he's a mary sue have you seen all the things he's fucked up?
>>
>>92513259
That's what I try to tell people.
The term is dead.
>>
>>92512800
This sounds a lot like Generator Rex (if you haven't watched it, it's basically what you've described).
>>
>>92513203
This. I'm tired of people saying Garnet can never be explored as her own character and so she should just split. She can, and I listed some ways above. All it takes is Sugar being willing to do it.
>>
>>92513081
I really liked that episode. Even if it was a deus ex machina, it was done very well. We discovered these gem fragments still have small pieces of themselves, and care for the Earth. When they met their leader (Rose's gem) they were relighted with their desire to save the Earth
>>
>>92513249

> Emotional progress =/= showing angst all the time.

I agree, but on that same note Emotion progress does not equal 'going through horrible scenarios but still go through days smiling and laughing'. Particularly, if you aren't going to indicate that that is what is happening to your audience.

Audience: "Why is the protagonist so relaxed and carefree? Did he actually just forget that ominous shit YD said about getting more humans for the Zoo earlier? Is this just a facade and he is secretly freaking out? Who is the facade for? Did the writers just not give a shit? I just don't know, it isn't ~clear~."
>>
>>92513417
Not that guy but you seem to be going off some autistic tangent.
Nobody would think that, especially SU's target audience.
>>
>>92513417
>Audience:
You mean neckbeards on 4chan.
>>
>>92513481
How trapped in your bubble are you to think you're the only one who watches the show?
>>
File: C62YxuwU8AA_6t6.jpg (82KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C62YxuwU8AA_6t6.jpg
82KB, 1200x675px
>>92513111
Not that anon, but what do you expect would happen? There really isn't a lot of ways out of the diamond's clutches without a deus ex machina.

>>92513040

What I anticipate happening is that Steven will find some other group of rebels who want to follow Rose that have been living on HW in secret in order to undermine the monarchy. They then help him get off the planet etc etc

Honestly that does make a lot of sense when you have a lot of gapping holes in the story that can be filled in with more rebels who can

1) Keep HW at bay for a while
2) Provide a method of government when/if the diamonds get axed
3) Have information about a lot of other gem lore secrets
4) Know the ins and outs of home world and have the technology to get him back
5) Explain why few other rebellions ever existed…since technically they would exist but are covert
6) Can provide an army to help support earth etc etc
>>
>>92513481

Yes essentially...

Neckbeards and thirty-year-old wizards...
>>
File: 1493861299208.png (579KB, 1022x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493861299208.png
579KB, 1022x768px
Why not run down the characters on an individual basis?

How do you fix

>Steven
>Pearl
>Amethyst
>Garnet
>Peridot
>Lapis
>Jasper
>The Diamonds
>The townies
>>
>>92513510
>How trapped in your bubble are you to think you're the only one who watches the show?
That wasn't what I was implying at all but keep jumping to conclusions.
>>
File: LpBo4qD.png (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LpBo4qD.png
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>92513417
What kind of show do you people want?
SU at its core is trying to be light fun and full of positivity.
Yet all of you seem to want nothing but angst and dark shit in this series.
I know SU has dark stuff but if it was nothing but dark stuff all the time it would be stale and not fun.
How could the show be any fun if Steven was down and depressed about everything all the time? get a grip this isn't some gritty dark drama.
>>
>>92513520
>Not that anon, but what do you expect would happen? There really isn't a lot of ways out of the diamond's clutches without a deus ex machina.
I really can't think of anything.
I want to wait until the episodes come out to make my decision.
>>
>>92513541
People have already answered this.
>>
>>92513520
I hope so but Sugar couldn't even introduce Peridot and Lapis without having them fall into irrelevance. I've pretty much given up on the concept of recruiting more gems into the Crystal Gems
>>92513556
The problem is that Steven Universe bounced between heavily plot driven episodes with conflict and really, really bad slice of life episodes.
>>
>>92513590
define people
>>
>>92505439
Koreans anime most Japanese anime.
>>
>>92513556

Anon: "Emotional progress =/= showing angst all the time."

Me: "I agree."

Anon: "All of you seem to want nothing but angst and dark shit in this series!"

Literally talking to a brick wall...
>>
>>92513616
Basically people in this thread.
>>
>>92513642
I wasn't the poster dumbass.
>>
File: 1384663111775.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1384663111775.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
>>92513556
>the light hearted episodes happen to be bad
>the darker episodes happen to be good

It's only natural for people to want more of what they perceive as good.
4chan, at least, you're going to find that not a whole lot of people want "steven hangs out of humans, featuring guest appearances from his lesbian family"
>>
>>92513417
Yep, writers seem incapable of showing progress. They only show the emotional/character development when someone is having a meltdown and freaking out with tears pouring down their eyes.

I mean this happens all the fucking time. Even in the last Lion episode Steven was crying again. Pearl was crying in the last episode when Steven left.
>>
>>92513642
Not either of those anons but what the fuck is with the ellipses?
It feels like that autstic bitch from FE Fates is in this thread.
>>
>>92513689
The SoL is literally the worst part of this show, mostly because of getting the town people involved, so yeah of course people want the plot episodes.

Which they seem to have fucked up too by bringing a townie on the plot episode
>>
>>92513689
It really shows that people want dark for the sake of dark, rather than for quality.
Look at the SJ threads.
>>
>>92513681

Okay, that's nice.

But I was referring to how this chap (>>92513556) was complaining that I was advocating for angst while linking a post where I literally said the opposite...
>>
>>92513693
What do you propose?
Characters having a heart to heart about their feelings?
Oh wait...
>>
>>92513715

> ... what the fuck is with the ellipses?

Emulating my hero...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40
>>
>>92513754
Then what exactly do you want?
As that poster said, SU is about balancing the light and the dark, with a mostly positive outlook on life.
Also
>>92513715
>>
>>92513790
>Emulating my hero...
That's autistic.
I know that term has been used to death but shit like this isn't even done by underage who visit these threads.
>>
>>92513601
Well considering the series is probably coming to a close within the next 2 seasons there probably won't be enough time for them to be dragged down into irrelevancy.

But at the same time that does emphasize what a waste of time some of this 'character building' has been.

Honestly the anon here >>92511792 said it best. The writers are the slow burning type but that causes a lot of problems in information and development.
>>
>>92504859
Replacing its liberal writers with leftist ones.
>>
>>92513812

I just want to argue with people over the Internet while drinking tea...

Also for the glass to be half empty instead of half full...

What do you want Anon?
>>
>>92513812
>>92513772
>>92513556
>>92513130
>>92513081
>what do you want?
>>92513865
Yep, if there is only two seasons left then they just need to start wrapping it up. It's really sad because it in no way feels like we have had five seasons. They wasted so much fucking time on bullshit.

I really wish Jasper had been there until the end. Taking her out early was such a waste.
>>
>>92513835

Oh yeah, no question...

Extraordinarily autistic...
>>
>>92513892
A world where people don't bitch about the little things in cartoons.
This is not that world.
>>
For all we know it's actually Shatner and he's here to fuck with us
>>
>>92504859
EXTERMINATUS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Calling out the gems like the xenos the are.
Badass humans.
>>
>>92513915
is "..." the new call sign for autism?
>>
>>92513975
>new
>>
...adding /ss/ and /ll/.
>>
>>92513975
You tell me.
>>
>>92513975

It has been for a while
>>
>>92514019
What the hell does that shit even stand for?
>>
>>92514049
Shotacon and lolicon
>>
>>92514049

straight shota (grown woman on underage boy) and lesbian loli (grown woman on underage girl)
>>
>>92514068
No
>>92514072
Oh yes
>>
>>92514068
>>92514072
yikes lmao
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.png (277KB, 462x768px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.png
277KB, 462x768px
>>92514049
how new are you?
asking that on /co/ is like asking what "wtf" and "1488" means
>>
>>92514095
I knew it was pedophile shit and wasn't going to look it up. Notice how I asked what it stands for, not what it means.
>>
File: 1480627111568.png (193KB, 641x650px) Image search: [Google]
1480627111568.png
193KB, 641x650px
>>92514205
Well you know now.
>>
>>92508340
>mfw I found out the pole spins
>>
>>92514238

Oh, the pizza girls are helping Peedee pick up his fries after he dropped them on his lap...

How nice of them...
>>
File: leg.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
leg.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
>>92504919
>>92505888
I'm with these guys. SU has a lot of neat ideas, but it suffers from the core things it's trying to do. I'm not saying go full dark fanfic with it, but the characters and their actions need a lot more weight to be really interesting.
>>
>>92514238

Kiki is the best Pizza Girl

Jenny is less attractive and probably a whore
>>
They could save the show with just one move.
Make Steven grow the fuck up and stop whining all the goddamned time.
>>
>>92514438
Given the circumstances, I think Steven deserves some room to "whine".
Besides, it's a step forward from the Spongebob analogue he was before.
>>
Who here wants the show to end, when it eventually does, with a great big theatrically released movie to wrap everything up?
>>
>>92514438
He rarely whines.
He's a happy go lucky shit most of the time.
>>
>>92514467
It's annoying. Who wants to watch an annoying character? He needs to get a goddamned grip. He's seen enough shit that he should know how to handle himself without constantly going "whaaaaaaaaa?"
>>
>>92514379
Changing the story to be some generic action video game won't more weight to them or make it interesting.
>>
>>92514515
Again, he's just a kid.
A kid should not have gone most of the stuff he's gone through.
This thread is so schizophrenic.
>>
>>92514488
It's mostly that 9 year olds voice that gets annoying.
I had that kind of voice. My mother said it pierces through solid walls and grates on your nerves.
They should deepen his voice a bit. Age him a little.
>>
File: rogal i disagree.jpg (37KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
rogal i disagree.jpg
37KB, 626x258px
>>92514535
>>
>>92514594
You are free to do so.
>>
>>92514564

I truly hope he does mature, both physically and mentally. He's done some of the latter already, and I'd like for that to reflect on the former.

> Taller
> Deeper voice
> Lean out a little bit
Etc.

On the topic of his voice, I do prefer his current voice to the one he started out with, though again, I would like it if he would actually sound a bit more like a teenager.
>>
File: EMPRA.jpg (46KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
EMPRA.jpg
46KB, 623x414px
>>92514594
>>
>>92514624
I know this isn't /v/, but aren't you supposed to call me a cuckniggerfaggot now or something?
>>
>>92514564
SU and Kingdom Hearts show the side effects of using real boys in voice acting.
>>
File: rogal dorn no.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
rogal dorn no.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>92514641
>>
>>92514656
Not unless you really want me to.
>>
>>92514629
Exactly, make him a young teenager. He deserves that much. He and connie should age together. Also, age all the other teens in the show. Have them growing up too.
How many years has passed in the show since it began? They don't say, but with all the action and time inbetween, it's gotta be a few years.
>>
File: YOU BETRAYED THE EMPRA.png (341KB, 638x343px) Image search: [Google]
YOU BETRAYED THE EMPRA.png
341KB, 638x343px
>>92514675
>>
File: IMG_7181.jpg (368KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7181.jpg
368KB, 640x960px
Growth
>>
>>92514694
It's been two.
Besides, the others are in their late teens, so they've already done their growing.
>>
>>92514049
Straight shota and lesbian lolita. Look them up! Make sure it's in a very public place with lots of traffic.
>>
>>92514694
He's 14 he's already a young teenager. But he's also half immortal so it would make sense for him not to have a growth spurt until he's 80 or something
See, he has fleshy bits, but there are bits of him that are only light, by gem logic.
>>
>>92514728
conflict isn't growth
growing from a conflict is growth
and steven literally doesn't grow.
It's a plot point that he never grows, never develops, neve improves as a person

and that's how we get his friend begging him to work with him as a team the way they have trained and he's too busy crying to help her
>>92514733
>the others are in their late teens, so they've already done their growing.
please don't tell me you are serious and you think you are "done with growing" in your lates teens
>>
File: welldoyou.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
welldoyou.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>92514692
One of us has to get the last word before the thread times out, that's how we dictate who's opinion is wrong here, right?

I have to admit, a lot of the SoL stuff the guys I quoted were talking about I did like, but it gets old after a while, y'know? I haven't actually seen SU in a while now, but when I was watching it, it felt like it had a good balance of action and progression, and slower episodes to build character, but from what I've heard of the newer stuff, it seems like it's all but favoring the latter, now. I don't really want it to be a generic video game plot, I want it to be a good one. You see what I mean?

The last episode I remember was the one where it was revealed that Garnet was a fusion and there was a giant hand space ship that was gonna blow up the planet or something, I kinda don't remember.
>>
>>92514824
mixed up my pronounces, was referencing him being too emotional unstable to actually fuse with connie while they were fighting for their lives

I mean fuck a tree falls on Steven and he just forgets he has super strength until Connie is absorbed and then he shrugs it off. Steven's biggest weakness is that he has the literal mind and body of a 7 year old
>>
>>92514824
With the growth I meant the show evolving from silly things like ice cream to dealing with serious things, like avoiding murdering a lot of people by murdering one person.
>>
>>92514859
A tree didn't fall on him, he got stuck in a log. One end was bigger than the other. One of the marks of true strength is knowing how to use it responsibly, and not tearing up landscapes just because you can. His powers are also based on emotion, so he couldn't use his super strength until he was worried about Connie and the others.
>>
>>92514733
I always figured Sadie to be a mature 16yo while sour cream and gang to be H.S. graduates.

Even so, I wish Steven would sound more like a 14yo than a 9yo. Not necessarily act like one, but sound like one. Kinda like how Danny Phantom actually sounded like a teenager.
>>
>>92515010
Yeah makes sense
>>
>>92512244
>get rid of the titular character
what should the show be called then
>>
File: 1477611081307.jpg (123KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477611081307.jpg
123KB, 419x480px
>>92514950
>A tree didn't fall on him, he got stuck in a log. One end was bigger than the other.

please tell me this is a joke and steven's fat ass didn't get him stuck in a fucking log
also kek that his strength requires an emotional outburst so it's basically retard strength
>>92515010
I wish he acted older than Connie like the HS student he is instead of the 7 year old

and yeah its 7 not 9
>>92515089
Connie and Gems
>>
File: 1488212348333.jpg (638KB, 1714x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1488212348333.jpg
638KB, 1714x4096px
>>92514019
Oh now your talking my language.
>>
>>92513885
then it'd just be King of the Hill with magic
>>
>>92515123
No shit its a joke.
Why does /co/ get all pissy about a joke?
>>
File: 1479343225009.png (124KB, 375x409px) Image search: [Google]
1479343225009.png
124KB, 375x409px
>>92514950
>he got stuck in a log
steven's greatest weakness, being a fat piece of shit
>>
>>92514728
He fought a giant centipede monster to save his allies from burning acid death, which was pretty rad.
>>
File: IMG_5896.jpg (129KB, 761x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5896.jpg
129KB, 761x752px
>>92512902

We aren't enemies, anon. We both know that Lapiven is the OTP.

I'm just trying to show you that their love is pure, and that extends to the love they make.
>>
>>92514095
I recall seeing somewhere that liberal arts professors actually tell their students to come here.
>>92515181
...and you speak mine, with Lapis thirsting for Steven's Murdercock Jr.
>>
>>92515237
>centipede monster almost bites his head off
>autistic gems casually mention that they are sorry and will get them out of the house
>steven goes full retard and says that it's okay they can stay he doesn't mind
>gem monsters spits acid that barely misses Steven and eats a hole through the floor
Pottery
>>
>>92514728
>>92514868

Okay..

Top image is from Gem Glow (S1 Ep 1

Bottom image is from Bismuth (S3 Ep 20-21)

Onion gang (S4 Ep7): Steven spazzes out constantly, but especially when the kids pretend that one of their friends died in a box car accident...

Room for Ruby (S4 Ep20): For some reason Steven unquestioningly trusts an enemy operative because she seemed nice...
>>
BEACH SUMMER FUCK BUDDIES

WHOOOOO
WHOOOOO
>>
>>92515198

Propane is basically magic already though...
>>
File: 1486760725687.png (177KB, 1044x712px) Image search: [Google]
1486760725687.png
177KB, 1044x712px
>>92515433
So pure...yet...so lewd.
>>
>>92515431
Your point is...? I had a nap and forgot what we were talking about.
>>
>>92504859
deleting the fan base.
>>
>>92504919
HFY is cancer.
>>
2 words: TIME JUMP. i can't believe we're entering the fifth season and steven is still a little baby dude, especially with how big shonen is as an influence.
>>
>>92517051
it's called time skip

i agree an older Steven would be more interesting, but only after the Homeworld arc ends
>>
>>92507717
I'd be down for an Anime Sequel which incorporates these changes with a few exceptions.
>>
>>92504859
Letting Steven grow up.
>>
File: please be patient.jpg (31KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
please be patient.jpg
31KB, 600x608px
>>92508736

you know you couldve used a normal picture of aquamemerine

just saying
>>
Steven suffers from the same shit that Shinji did from Evangelion. Emotional baggage that never seems to go away. Steven keeps getting into conflicts, but never grows from them as a experience.
>>
>>92515198
I don't know what you mean.

I mean leftist as in anarchists and communists and shit, so they don't pussy out with this love-conquers-all and useless townie bullshit and take the revolution aspects/anti-imperialism seriously.
>>
Remove Lars.
>>
File: 1443390700592.jpg (401KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1443390700592.jpg
401KB, 1280x1280px
Steven needs to shatter a Gem. Someone, so he can learn that not everyone is redeemable.
>>
>>92520775
He already fucking hates the shit out of Lars though, he acts like a huge dick to him recently too.
>>
>>92504859
canceling it
>>
>>92508630
Ronaldo has added nothing to this bad show, so yes getting rid of him would be an improvement.

Lapis is pretty irrelevant because the crew doesn't want to acknowledge the iffy relationship she has the the main three and Bismuth, and she never goes on missions. She's basically plot device; the character.
>>
By adding in a older brother character.
>>
File: earthforever.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
earthforever.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>92504859
continuing to ignore the opinions of its horrible fanbase on /co/, tumblr, and everywhere else.
>>
>>92520328
The show is pretty unique though in the fact that they made their protagonist unable to age or grow

That kind of seems like a really stupid way of crippling the plot
>>
see
>>92516699
>>
>>92520328
>Steven suffers from the same shit that Shinji did from Evangelion

wtf am I reading
>>
>>92520442

But that would be even more retarded, anon
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-05-11h54m58s122.png (192KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-05-11h54m58s122.png
192KB, 640x360px
>>92504859
Making it so the Bismuth episode never happened.

Seriously that episode is what kick started this SU hate circlejerk, before that the majority opinion was that it was great but after their precious double attempted murderer got put in temporary time out everyone started losing their shit.
The following season had a solid 17 out of 25 episodes that were great episodes but discussion has been reduced to nothing but "the entire series is bad/problematic/racist because of these few episodes" or "LOL UPROOTED" or complaining about "plot holes" that are just things that haven't been explained yet like Lions origin.
>>
File: 1489138056549.png (65KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1489138056549.png
65KB, 253x238px
>>92522028
Fuck you Bismuth was one of the best episodes of the series.
>>
>>92522028
the majority opinion is bad though. And I'm pretty sure no one on /co/ is mad at Bismuth because it's "problematic".
>>
File: moon.gif (132KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
moon.gif
132KB, 1100x1100px
>>92522069
>>92522028

the reason the majority of /co/ hates su is now is that they're idiots who thought it would be an episodic action show about the cgs solving problems and going on missions when it's actually a coming of age story about a particular empathetic young boy. They haven't dropped it because they complaining about cartoons they don't have to watch is apparently a hobby now.
>>
>>92522067
Dont get me wrong, i liked the episode too.
But thats when hating SU became the cool thing to do.
>>
>>92522028
That episode was one of the biggest examples of the writers not knowing what they wanted to do.

They made Bismuth the villain because she wanted to kill? In a revolution against an oppressive galactic empire with millions of lives on the line?

I mean how hard would it have been to have made bismuth's creation controversial or immoral? Like a WMD, something along the lines of torture, or making their own soldiers stronger but taking away their identity or making them monsters.

But just killing in a war? That's so lazy.
>>
File: 1494564088419.png (113KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1494564088419.png
113KB, 500x535px
>>92522338
I mean, Bismuth is supposed to be a direct foil to Rose in a lot of ways, and that's most driven home by the juxtaposition of her sword and the breaking point. Making it "just killing" is important because killing is the limit of how much you can claim to be having empathy for your enemy: the implication of Bismuth is that Rose couldn't allow Bismuth to deny homeworld gems their right to exist (their "gemnanity") the way they denied it of humans.

This is also the reason the episode is problematic, but best not to talk about that.
>>
File: 1489274267905.png (60KB, 332x241px) Image search: [Google]
1489274267905.png
60KB, 332x241px
>>92522338
Its killing that had no purpose when poofing works just fine and can win the war.
Bismuth just wanted to pointlessly kill gems she was bloodthirsty.
You can make the argument that The diamonds need to die but why random gems? when the whole point of the war is to break the gems free from there overlords not kill them.?
>>
>>92522422
>Its killing that had no purpose when poofing works just fine and can win the war.

Er, there's an obvious strategic advantage in stopping gems from being able to regenerate. That was the whole reason Bismuth thought it was necessary.
>>
>>92522472
Why? you can just poof them then bubble them then you can help turn them into a Crystal Gem afterwords.
Seems like the better idea then just killing them.
>>
>>92504859
The show is too bloated with too little plot to go around. Less pointless nonsense, more plot.
>>
>>92508851
HELL YEAH!!
>>
File: 1474996417448.jpg (612KB, 650x950px) Image search: [Google]
1474996417448.jpg
612KB, 650x950px
>>92505888
most of these i'm pretty chill with, but i do honestly really enjoy the songs, and some of them hold a lot of emotional weight, like "its over isn't it" and even small ones like "juice and jam"
without these i feel like SU would be losing something very special that it has going for it
>>
>>92522531
>Why? you can just poof them then bubble them then you can help turn them into a Crystal Gem afterwords.

Not on the middle of a battlefield. The gem war wasn't like the CG missions 5000 years later: there were hoardes of homeworld gems engaged in open combat with Rose's (presumably comparably sized) rebel army. Bubbling them in the middle of a battle when they're of that quantity isn't feasible.
>>
>>92522584
Beyond the immediate strategic benefit of preventing gems from regenerating, the Breaking Point would also pretty much put the fear of god into an army you were fighting who up until that point had no reason to consider the possibility of their death.
>>
>>92522584
But you can its easy as fuck.
All you have to do is poof them and the second here bubbled tap the gem and its telported to where ever you keep the captives.
On a battlefield it could be harder but it honestly seems more affricate then shattering them.
>>
>>92522616
>On a battlefield it could be harder but it honestly seems more affricate then shattering them.

Watch the Flashbacks in Ocean Gem and Bismuth - the CGs are fighting surrounded by multiple homeworld gems. I don't think 1) they're going to wait for you to bubble and send the enemy gem before attacking you, or 2) the CGs would even have the resources to send massive quantities of POWs to a secure location
>>
>>92522338
This also bothered me with the whole "Bismuth" thing. Sure, the argument COULD be made that Bis went too far and Rose put a stop to that, but this point is rendered moot just a few episodes later when it's revealed that Rose fucking killed the Gem equivalent of a high ranking government official. That's some massive psuedo narrative dissonance there, even after everyone keeps talking about how fucking perfect Rose was.

This is the episode that finally made me realize that they have no idea what to do with Rose. She's not a character, she's a plot device.
>>
>>92522531
>>92522472
>>92522422
>>92522417
Everyone also forgets that the weapon was the first prototype. Bismuth wanted to improve it and make unique types of killing ones for each gem. She wanted to outfit Rose's army with weapons that would far out class the weapons used by Homeworld. And like others have said I don't think we honestly need to discuss the advantage of killing the soldiers of the enemy during a war

Also also Rose lost the war and everyone but the main three and her died.

Also why did they keep Bismuth closed away for thousands of years? I mean if you don't experience when poofed and bubbled, aren't you basically dead?
>>
>>92522683
>That's some massive psuedo narrative dissonance there, even after everyone keeps talking about how fucking perfect Rose was.

That was...literally the whole point of Bismuth though, and Storm in The Room, and is basically what led Steven to his actions in I Am Mom. I'm not seeing how you got "they don't know what they're doing" out of this.
>>
File: ame.png (183KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
ame.png
183KB, 540x304px
>>92522647
Gems take time to reform, sure they could try to reform instantly but you'd just end up with an army of fetal alcohol syndrome gems.
>>
>>92522693
>Rose lost the war and everyone but the main three and her died.

Successfully saving the planet is not losing the war.

>Also why did they keep Bismuth closed away for thousands of years?

Rose was likely afraid that letting Bismuth out would result in one of two things: If she was still alive, mutiny, if she was gone, a restart of the rebellion.
>>
>>92522809
Saved is sort of subjective here
>>
>>92522683
Yes, Rose is a hypocrite.
What do you think Steven has been dealing with for the past season?
>>
>>92522793
>Gems take time to reform, sure they could try to reform instantly but you'd just end up with an army of fetal alcohol syndrome gems.

That's true, but the way I imagine these fights going is that the CGs move from objective to objective, leaving the field littered with HW gems, which then reform, so that they accomplish things strategically, but never gain an advantage in strength. This is where the Breaking Point would be essential.
>>
Post cute Lapis x Steven pics/fics/greentexts. Especially Yandere Lapis.
>>
>>92522726
They don't really know what to do with Rose Quartz, specifically. First she was some peace loving freedom fight and then she's a Gem Soldier and now she's some war criminal? Her character is changing to fit the story in such a slapdash way, that's it's baffling. The whole Bismuth thing makes it even worse when you consider
>They were in the middle of a war
>The diamonds were going to hollow out earth and blow it up for shits and giggles
>Rose knew this

Again, it could be argued that Bismuth probably just got too bloodthirsty and was killing gems left and right, but this comes to a head in the whole "My mom was a war criminal" revelation. It just doesn't really gel with anything we know so far. Shouldn't this have been known already? Shouldn't Steven have pieced this together? Why didn't Bismuth say anything? Why didn't JASPER fucking say anything before corrupting? Rose is a narrative blob that shapes and forms to whatever the story needs her to, she's like The Force in Star Wars: All purpose plot hole fix.
>>
>>92522693
The Diamonds believed the CG were wiped out completely and they just said fuck it to colonising Earth given its inhabited with nothing but corrupted gems, Rose knew that and knew Earth was safe because of that and releasing Bismuth would rekindle a fire that was best left extinguished.
>>
File: 1491293214179.png (240KB, 366x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491293214179.png
240KB, 366x400px
>>92522028
>>92522338
>>92522417
>>92522422
>>92522472
>>92522531
>>92522536
>>92522568
>>92522584
>>92522606
>>92522616
>>92522647
>>92522683
>>92522693
>>92522726
>>92522793
>>92522809

This is why I love Bismuth so much.
The episode brought out so much interesting discussion between who was in the right or wrong and showed how not everything was black and white.
>>
>>92522837
It took Pearl two whole weeks to reform properly, that may be exceptionally long but Lapis was also poofed during battle long enough to be captured by Homeworld.
>>
File: sulion.png (1023KB, 2189x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sulion.png
1023KB, 2189x1080px
>>92522867
>Her character is changing to fit the story in such a slapdash way, that's it's baffling.

I really don't get where you're coming from dude. The increasing moral complexity of Rose as a character has been commensurate with the increasing immersion of Steven into the history of the gem war and the present state of Earth's relationship with HW as he ages and as shit happens that forces the CGs to reveal it. Steven first learns something less than idyllic about Rose's past in Bubbled, and Garnet's speech to him about it basically summarizes what you seem to be having trouble accepting: that someone can do things that are simultaneously good and bad.

Rose being a "war criminal" was thus revealed long before Bismuth, so I'm not sure why you're singling out this episode for it.
>>
>>92522987
Well this is all because Pearl is incredibly meticulous, where as someone like Amethyst would just say "Fuck it" and reform as whatever
>>
>>92522914
Yeah but the fan base is to dumb to understand that.
>>
File: 0b5dd98ce2c90c5765049c9a5e466e58.png (616KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
0b5dd98ce2c90c5765049c9a5e466e58.png
616KB, 1280x718px
>>92522987
>It took Pearl two whole weeks to reform properly

Regardless of how these battles actually went down, or why they didn't, I think from the evidence we have, we don't have any reason to think the gems did or even considered bubbling fallen homeworld gems. If that is the case, and poofed HW gems were recovered by HW or left on the battlefield, then the breaking point would provide a significant military advantage. Also, Bismuth's dialogue pretty clearly evinces that she designed it with broad strategic consequences in mind.
>>
to be honest, would anyone actually miss garnet?
How much money are they losing paying estelle?
>>
>>92523106
On the other hand, if the CGs were into taking prisoners, then the breaking point would still provide the strategic advantages of not needing resources to guard and secure those prisoners, and in demoralizing the enemy. I maintain that Bismuth thought it would provide substantial strategic advantage though.
>>
File: garnetjacket.png (545KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
garnetjacket.png
545KB, 1600x900px
>>92523154
a fucking lot. Garnet is best gem and Stronger Than You is one of the most popular SU songs ever.
>>
>>92522996
The moral grey area I understand. Rose was in a war and did quesionable things. What I don't get is why the war criminal plot was such a shock, or why it even needed to be there. It matters for Steven sure, but Steven already had that "I'm my mother's keeper" mentality for a long time already. The Bismuth episode is such an odd shift for me because Rose was also doing questionable things, but bubbled Bismuth for it?

Also, why didn't she tell the other CGs? Did she know they were gonna call her on her bullshit? And again, the pink diamond thing, why didn't anyone say anything about that?

My problem is that Rose's narrative just keeps changing because Crewniverse needs to up the stakes. It doesn't help that the Status Quo is God effect sometimes appears out of nowhere and we get bizarre SoL sequences in between character narratives that never really go anywhere, sort of the same problem AT has. I just don't buy that they had this War Criminal plot up and ready, it just read like they need to add a sense of urgency since the world stopped blowing up.

TL;DR it was out of left field and didn't naturally fit the overarching narrative
>>
>>92523106
You dont save the people you want to free by killing them Anon.
>>
>>92512117
>Talk more about her mixed feelings on the rebellion
I've seen people mention this before, but I don't remember it in the slightest. When was it hinted at?
>>
File: pearlbanner.gif (180KB, 540x422px) Image search: [Google]
pearlbanner.gif
180KB, 540x422px
>>92523201
OK, I guess I will do this one at a time.

>The Bismuth episode is such an odd shift for me because Rose was also doing questionable things, but bubbled Bismuth for it?

The shattering of PD is implied to be the end of the war, and occurs after she bubbled Bismuth. I'm sure in that moment, or the moments preceding it, Rose gave at least a thought to her own hypocrisy.

>Also, why didn't she tell the other CGs?
Probably because they'd demand Bismuth's freedom and wouldn't understand how serious Bismuth was.

>Did she know they were gonna call her on her bullshit?
She didn't tell them after the war likely because she couldn't live up to her guilt and for these reasons: >>92522809

>And again, the pink diamond thing, why didn't anyone say anything about that?

Nobody told Steven about it until the HW rubies revealed it to him because they didn't want to let him know that his mother killed someone; an understandable sentiment I'm sure you'll agree.

>My problem is that Rose's narrative just keeps changing because Crewniverse needs to up the stakes.

It actually hasn't changed once. Steven's knowledge of her character has increased, but none of those previous traits have been revealed as "lies" (beyond the beatific emotional associations Steven had of her).
>>
>>92523243
>You dont save the people you want to free by killing them Anon.

Well the whole point of the moral complexity of the Rebellion is how much the CGs cared about other gems: Lapis and Peridot outright all them traitors. The rebellion was to protect Earth, not to liberate gems throughout the universe (though the latter was Bismuth's ill-fated prerogative).
>>
>>92523201
>Rose's ideals for the CG
"We should not shatter Gems, it makes us no better than them"
>Bismuths ideals for the CG
"We should shatter any Gem that gets in our way"
>Rose gets in Bismuths way
>Bismuth tries to attack Rose
>Rose bubbles Bismuth
>Rose later confronts Pink Diamond and shatters her, possibly as a last resort or as an accident
>Rose:
"I have severely fucked up now, my ideas are still the same so lets never speak of this again"

Its not that hard to follow.
>>
>>92523396
like cmon guys this is the most obvious and foundational thematic conflict in the show, whats going on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQk59MiNp4
>>
>>92522914
All of them are in the wrong.
>>
File: badpearl.png (76KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
badpearl.png
76KB, 500x478px
>>92523396
One of the biggest differences between Bismuth and Rose is how they would have responded to being called traitors by HW: the former would probably welcome it, and the latter would probably pity her accuser.
>>
>>92523154

>>92523198
I'm with this nigger, Garnet's the best.
>>
>>92504859
have Steven come of the closet finally
>>
>>92523731
go back to /pol/
>>
>>92522028
I thought this was a wonderful episode. The fact that people are still clamoring for Bismuth to return means she had a really strong impact with the audience.
>>
>>92524447
She is then only gem with a passion outside of fusion. And she didn't do anything wrong. Hell her attacking Steven can be blamed on the side effects on her mental state after being bubbled away inside Lion for a few thousand years
>>
>>92524447
I didn't mean i hate it, i actually really liked it.
And it would be fine if it was just people wanting her back, but so many people are FURIOUS about what happened to Bismuth, and not just at what happened but at the SU crew them selves for doing it like they had committed a horrible crime or something.
>>
>>92524714
I don't think /co/ could handle an explanation of the reasoning behind why Bismuth is problematic, so I don't know what "people" you're referring to.
>>
>>92504859
Getting rid of Garnets future vision
>>
>>92522028
I thought Bismuth was done rather well. Tumblr likes to scream about her being presented as a villain and unsympathetic, but I didn't think that was ultimately the case at all and she was incredibly sympathetic. What is right or wrong during a war can be a hard thing to determine, and in this case Steven had to look out for the wellbeing of himself and his team right now and he didn't have answer enough to do anything but bubble Bismuth. I think Bismuth felt the same in the end too.

I get that it's frustrating to watch a character you like get stabbed and bubbled but people highly exaggerate how "badly" Bismuth was treated. I don't think she was even necessarily portrayed as in the wrong. She was antagonistic in her grief and anger but the crying scene and her compliments toward Steven before her poofing explained and made up for it.
>>
>>92522683
I think it's obvious as fuck that there's going to be some twist to the whole 'Rose shattered Pink Diamond' thing. If it was so clean cut, why all the mystery surrounding it?
>>
>>92523154
Fuck you. I want Garnet to have her own arc and Pearl to disappear and stop getting so much focus. Preferably she'd take Lapis with her.
>>
>>92513689
I miss when Steven was drawn like an actual 14 year old kid and not some fat retard midget with an oversized head
>>
>>92523355
She talks about how the war was hell in an early episode while Pearl goes on about "heroics" and "romance". During the episode with the mashed together gem shards, Ruby and Sapphire hint at questioning their place in Rose's rebellion since it ultimately led to that.

Garnet did not have a good time during the war.
>>
>>92504859
Not being leftist tumblr incarnate?
>>
>>92504859
Nuking and starting over.

If that's not an option, make the townie episodes them interacting with the gems.

>You will never see Peridot and Ronoldo out-autism one another
>You will never see Lapis and Lars bitch about everything and finding friendship in hating the same things
>>
>>92528019

But what kind of arc would work for Garnet? Pearl, Amethyst, and Peridot all started out as flawed fuck-ups with obvious room to improve, so it was easy to advance their characters. Garnet is already an 'ideal' relationship with a healthy personality.

Sure, you could split her up, but then it would be about Ruby and Sapphire instead. The other suggestions ITT (unhappiness with her leadership role, regret over her actions in the rebellion) are interesting but they'd need a third party as a catalyst. That would potentially put Pearl, Ame, or some other character back in the limelight alongside her.

Personally, I wish she'd had a full arc about mentoring a new or unstable fusion, but that's already been explored through her interactions with Stevonnie (and Peri to a certain extent, I guess).
>>
>>92514668
While AT shows how awesome it can be and it would be something truly memorable if poor Finn could actually grow past being a midget

SU needs to let Steven's VA talk normally because holy shit his screechy forced babified voice is hard to put up with sometimes
>>
File: he chose the path.png (230KB, 1068x710px) Image search: [Google]
he chose the path.png
230KB, 1068x710px
Ok, to all of you discussing the Bismuth discourse, the difference between poofing and shattering is supposed to be the difference between regular warfare and war crimes/brutality.

Remember, the CGs were ALREADY fighting. It's not like Rose didn't want to continue, it's that she didn't want to take that extra step forward.

Then of course there's the fact that Bismuth specifically created a singular weapon. Akin to the WMDs and chemicals that are constantly turned down by most governments.

Then of course there's the fact that shattering is inherently worse than death. Peridot explains just how much it sucks to be shattered here:

"There is no helping them. They're too broken. The beings who used to be in those shards are so shattered, they don't know who they are, or what's happening around them. They just seek out other gems, looking for the missing pieces of themselves. Trying to make themselves whole."

There's also the fact that the CGs are entirely made up of former HW gems. Dropping a nuke on those fighting for the class you are trying to overthrow is NOT going to inspire turnover.
>>
>>92528210
I remember Peedee in a season 1 episode talking about fireworks and saying he "likes the blue ones."

This made me think we were going to get a shared moment of pessimism between him and Lapis.
>>
>>92528390
Steven somehow sounds younger than when the show started. His voice is so raspy and high pitched now. You can hear his balls dropping but not quite getting there.
>>
>>92504859
Ending it.
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.