[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Han Solo and Yondu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5922.jpg (23KB, 352x306px)
IMG_5922.jpg
23KB, 352x306px
Between these two outlaw space dads, who had the better death scene?
>>
>>92502280
One saved their son. The other didnt.
>>
>>92502371

Han Solo btfo
>>
Hans death was very quickly brushed over for the sake of a light sabre duel and the emotional impact felt unfairly distributed because there's virtually - with one or two lines of exceptions -no dialogue after the death. Liea hugs a grieving Ray, and Luke looks remorseful. It wasn't a death that felt like it had real impact on the characters beyond the superficial. But Han's death itself was tense. We saw it coming, there was that sense of "oh no... oh god...wait, maybe he will be oka-OH FUCK." The first time I saw it,

With Yondu, the impact hit hard. Not just for Peter, but Rocket. His little monologue about how for all yondu's flaws, his team, his family stuck by him... it shows solid development. And Quill seeming at peace with his parentage, having avenged his father and honoured his dad - he felt less like a damaged little boy lost in space after that moment.

I give it to Yondu, because his death had emotional weight explored from different angles, between the Ravegers, Peter and Rocket.

and I just got $2.39 deposited into my account from Disney! Worth it!
>>
>>92502660
>and I just got $2.39 deposited into my account from Disney! Worth it!
Both are owned by Disney anon...
>>
>>92502677
Everything is owned by Disney.
>>
>>92502677
>>92502719
Including us all
>>
>>92502280
YONDU DIES??!!
>>
>>92502935
I love our lord and savior Micky Mouse AKA Cheezus Christ
>>
>>92502280
Yondu is a newer character and had to really tug on the viewers' heartstrings to have an impact. The fact that it did says something about his scene. He also died saving the universe and sacrifices himself for his son.
Han Solo's death is quick and relies solely on the viewers' preexisting connection with the character. The fact that he died around characters with no emotional significance to him is a bad point to. The scene could be much better if Luke or Leia were there instead of some teenagers he's known for 15 minutes. I'd say give his death some meaning too, but those are the biggest parts.
>>
>>92502371
Nice.
>>
>>92503627
>If Luke or Leia were there
If Luke was there either Han wouldn't have died or Luke would've had another brush with the Dark Side and Kylo Ren might not have survived either.
>>
>>92503627
>The scene could be much better if Luke or Leia were there instead of some teenagers he's known for 15 minutes.
For how much has Luke known Obi Wan when he died exactly?,,
>>
>>92505316
>For how much has Luke known Obi Wan when he died exactly?
Wasn't he that old neighbor that was friends with his uncle and aunt?
>>
>>92502660
Yeah, everything said here. I think the problem with Han's death is that it felt like a checkmark instead of an actual death, like they needed to find an out for each of the original Star Wars' cast. Yondu's death felt earn and felt like it had an impact. And the amazing thing is, it made us feel sad for a guy who did do some awful things and was extremely minor in the first film. That's really a damn good feat.

"I've done a lot of bad in my life, just give me this"

It all landed so damn well. This and Logan really delivered on the funeral endings.
>>
>>92503627
I had a co-worker who never saw the original trilogy ask me why everyone was so attached to Han Rei was her favorite character because she was self-efficient
>>
>>92503502
Mickey never seemed especially fond of cheese.
>>
>>92503627

To be fair, I am sure that seeing a person die right before your eyes who you see as a friend and you're powerless to stop it would fuck anyone up.

Though, Chewie's reaction was all I needed. people say how it would be more meaningful for Luke or Leia to witness it first-hand, but it was Chewie who saw it happen. Dude went berserk.
>>
File: Damn It.png (300KB, 599x702px) Image search: [Google]
Damn It.png
300KB, 599x702px
>Han will never get to bond with new guy and become his new dad because muh death drama
>>
mary poppins
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.