[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dredd Mega City One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-05-19-07-40-52.jpg (509KB, 1080x1257px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-19-07-40-52.jpg
509KB, 1080x1257px
Awesome.
>>
>>92492953
It's not a second Dredd movie like we need and deserve, but I'd buy cable again just to support that show if I had to.
>>
>>92492953
Good enough.
>>
Karl Urban retweeted the MegaCity One announcement. I'd be more surprised if he somehow wasn't part of it.

That said; I'm glad the promo image looks about as colorful as the comic. Urban's movie was pretty damn good, but lacked the futuristic and goofy atmosphere 2000 A.D. is known for. In that aspect I prefer Stallone's Judge Dredd.

What stories would you guys like to see in the upcoming show?
>Judge Giant
>Fatties being detained
>Judge Calvin
>The man who got sent to the cubes for having three jobs
>The Angel Gang
>Judge Death / The Dark Judges
>Gameshow host killing other gameshow hosts
>That candy maker arc

Shit would be so cash
>>
>>92493278
>That said; I'm glad the promo image looks about as colorful as the comic. Urban's movie was pretty damn good, but lacked the futuristic and goofy atmosphere 2000 A.D. is known for. In that aspect I prefer Stallone's Judge Dredd.

Oh no. Half the reason it was great easy because of the atmosphere, and nothing should be compared to Stallone's dredd as if it wasn't shit.

Then again I'm not a real fan so this is probably more for comic fans than movie casuals like me.
>>
>>92493320
Stallone's Dredd had two really big problems in my eyes. They tried to cram in too much shit for one movie, and they kept taking his helmet off.

I love Stallone as Dredd though and would be tickled if they somehow got him to agree to play Fargo for an episode.
>>
>>92493278
I want some Dirty Frank
>>
Where should I start with dredd?
>>
>>92493278
>The Angel Gang
100%, they already did a perfect live action Mean Machine once
>>
>>92492953
>"could" return
>show without a network yet

Would be nice, but this is hardly worth getting excited over at this point.
>>
File: mercedk-03-140[1].jpg (343KB, 1200x1663px) Image search: [Google]
mercedk-03-140[1].jpg
343KB, 1200x1663px
>>92493278
How crazy do you think they will make Mega-City one?
>>
>>92493278
Judge Cal as a slow burn season long arc.
>>
>>92493681
From the official 2000AD channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25g5EbLzpI
>>
>>92493320
>and nothing should be compared to Stallone's dredd as if it wasn't shit.
The costume department had their hearts in the right place, set pieces looked fantastic, and the score was top notch.

The movie's biggest flaws were in its writing and casting. Starting the first "Judge Dredd" movie off on a story about an inner power struggle between Judges was a very poor choice, especially when most Americans have never even read 2000 A.D. You have to build up to something as dramatic as Dredd being framed and his title stripped as a Judge.

Jurgen Prochnow and Armand Assante were also the worst possible choices for their respective rolls. They have no charisma on screen, so Stallone had to carry the movie and Rob Schnider on his back. It's not like he wasn't completely unfit for the roll, but between his iconic helmet never having screen time and him basically doing fuckall before the final fight, he was completely undermined from being at least worth a good laugh past the first ten minutes.

But to the movie's credit like >>92493703 says, it had a great Mean Machine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.