[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was in the wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

He was in the wrong.
>>
no shit
>>
>>92485794
Wrong things for the right reason. This kind of question is something you'd see in an entry level philosophy course.
>>
>>92486369
Nope. Wrong for the wrong reasons. His plan would never work under any circumstances.
>>
Alan Moore combs dried period blood from his beard as we type
>>
>>92486419
It doesn't matter if it would have worked or not. His motivation was selfless and therefore it was for the right reason.
>>
>>92486419
The question isn't if his plan would have worked. That is entirely irrelevant to the question of his intentions. His intention was what amounts to a global scale trolley problem, and he chose to pull the lever, but what you're saying is that there's no guarantee that no one would be on the tracks later on.
>>
>>92486419
Elaborate
>>
Of course
This shit literally the point of the whole "Ozymandias" theme retard
>>
>>92486523
It only would have delayed Doomsday.

Sure, they would work together for a short period of time, but after less then a decade of no more alien sightings, they'd be at each other's throats again. This time it would be worse because they'd also be arguing over who'd get to have control of Earth's defenses.

Not to mention, most humans act irrationally when threatened.

>>92486489
>>92486520
Ah, my bad.
>>
>>92485794
He did what he did because Dr Manhattan was too autistic to stop him.
He was also too autistic to fix the nucler problem by himself on the first place.

Dr Manhattan pretends to not cares about humanity but accepted to works for the USA, came with the intention to stop Ozzy after changing of opinion noticing the come back of the status quo if he stopped him, for finally saying "I don't gaves a shit anyway, you're too complicated, i'm leaving for another galaxy".
the only explanation here are that he sees the future and what will happens next, that's why he did nothing, this is fucking stupid knowing he's not forced at all to obey at it and could changes it.
>>
We'll yeah, he was a grown man having wet fantasies about being a Egyptian pharaoh who killed everyone in New York and Everyone else who could've tied it to him
>>
>>92486489
>His motivation was selfless and therefore it was for the right reason.
So a serial killer who just wants to kill as many people as possible to solve overpopulation's motive would be selfless, and they'd be doing the wrong thing for the right reason?

Ozzy was a fucking mad man with a God complex.
>>
>>92486611
Time is an incredibly valuable resource to Veidt. Perhaps he can come up with a more permanent solution to the nuclear crisis in the years he delayed the war. He made a gigantic psychic alien in less time, who knows how much another one of his schemes could accomplish. Of course he might fail but from his perspective the certain survival of humanity is something worth putting his genius, and immense wealth towards.
>>
>>92486369
what question?
>>
>>92487321
The serial killer can not possibly have an effect on the over population, all of the death he caused would be for naught. Ozzy's deaths actually had a tangible effect, nuclear war was delayed for at least a few years.
>>
>>92487256
And then bragged about it to his old bar buddies.
>>
>>92487221

>the only explanation here are that he sees the future and what will happens next,

....yeah dude that's his thing.

>>92487403

>Perhaps he can come up with a more permanent solution to the nuclear crisis in the years he delayed the war. He made a gigantic psychic alien in less time, who knows how much another one of his schemes could accomplish.

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about Watchmen through the "Why hasn't Reed Richards cured cancer" lens. It's a nice take to consider
>>
>>92487819

>I don't think I've seen anyone talk about Watchmen through the "Why hasn't Reed Richards cured cancer" lens. It's a nice take to consider

i say this and it kinda goes to what
>>92487696
>>92487321
are saying with a serial killer. These kind of huge events are too much for one person to do. and the thing that makes Manhattan change his mind is the miracle of a single person. it's kind of a fuck you to the great man of history idea
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.