[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should it get a reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Should it get a reboot?
>>
File: Imagine_some funny filename.png (167KB, 421x445px) Image search: [Google]
Imagine_some funny filename.png
167KB, 421x445px
>>92481246
No unless you want a show with a new, shitty artstyle and flash animation
>>
>>92481246
western production, eastern production or eastern production funded by western money (think WEP paying to make new golion episodes)?
>>
>>92481246
I'd rather have the Police sequel they had planned but yeah, keep the writing on point and the animation a bit better and we might have something here.
>>
/a/
>>
>>92481591
/lgbt/
>>
>>92481246

Samurai Pizza Cats was only memorable because it was a parody dub. The writers didn't know Japanese and just made up the dialogue as they watched the raw footage and guessed at the story. That's what made it unique.

Actual Japanese version was bland and boring to watch.

A reboot wouldn't be able to recapture the charm of the original series and would have to appeal beyond furry fap bait or whatever.
>>
>>92481350
I could imagine it working well with cgi, like that Sonic show.

>>92481774
This is a good point. Unless Japan wants to remake it and the dub team purposely improvise, you're probably not going to get the same result. Best bet would be to write it in that style.

Funny thought. What if the Japanese dub has to improv to make it serious like their version.
>>
File: s-l300[1].jpg (45KB, 263x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300[1].jpg
45KB, 263x300px
Do you think they could remake this without making the cast a bunch of teenagers?
>>
>>92481774

/thread
>>
No. Find some other forgotten trash series and do a dub for that.
>>
File: jerry-and-george.jpg (33KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
jerry-and-george.jpg
33KB, 500x355px
>>92481774
>would have to appeal beyond furry fap bait
>>
File: 1416371550099.jpg (247KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1416371550099.jpg
247KB, 560x560px
>>92481246
>those doppel lewds
>>
>>92482668
No, and especially not now where every kid and their dog will inevitable laugh at them for being a bunch of Iron Man wannabees.
>>
File: the_surge_gameplay[1].jpg (34KB, 570x344px) Image search: [Google]
the_surge_gameplay[1].jpg
34KB, 570x344px
>>92485679
Depends how they design the suits, I think. Full body armor like the G.I.Joe movie would be silly but a skeleton frame might help it stand out.

Their whole thing wasn't the suits but the crap that clips onto them anyway.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.