[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 5

File: DC-DHC_Aliens.jpg (115KB, 480x738px) Image search: [Google]
DC-DHC_Aliens.jpg
115KB, 480x738px
So now that Covenant has removed Aliens, 3 and Resurrection from the canon, are Alien comics going to go in their own direction?
>>
>>92479553
It hasn't though? David's probably going to invent the queen to more easily mass produce eggs at some point within the next two, yes two, movies, and then is likely going to die for plot reasons. Covenant does not decanonize the queen, but does make it not something developed by the engineers.
>>
Oh boyyyy....

That REALLY makes it seem like I don't need to see 'Covenant'.

>The Destroying Angels FTW
>>
god, covenant was so mediocre
>>
>>92479614
Same thing could be said about Aliens.
Sure it's fun, but it would be dishonest of me to say it's anywhere near as good as the original.
>>
>>92479673
Yeah, the original with a shitty xenomorph costume. :^)
>>
>>92479981
Fuck that bad graphics movie.
>>
>>92479673
Do you know why /tv/ get so butt hurt when someone like Aliens
>>
>>92479612
>>92479614
Maybe worse than Prometheus. Wonder if Ridley Scott forgot how to make good movies.

>>92479673
Hey, at least it manages to be fun with a decent ending.
>>
>>92480107
>Hey, at least it manages to be fun with a decent ending
Too bad 3 shat all over it in the opening credits.
>>
>>92479553
>Batman vs Alien
This looks interesting, is it good?
>>
>>92480159
>Too bad 3 shat all over it in the opening credits.
3 was good nonetheless.
>>
>>92480159
Reminds me pretty much every Mortal Kombat game.
>>
Um, I'm pretty sure the prequel stuff is canon
>>
Wtf! does it remove aliens,
i haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>92479553
How did it remove Aliens?
>>
>>92479553
>So now that Covenant has removed Aliens
Riddley scott is such massive faggot, jesus christ
>>
>>92480320
>>92480306
>>92480259

>falling for the aliens is good meme
>>
>>92480107
>Wonder if Ridley Scott forgot how to make good movies

I would had thought that Prometheus would had made it clear that Ridley has caught the Lucas disease.
>>
>>92480343
Aliens WAS good, it provided the sequel escalation that was needed, instead od making the same shit again.

It's up there with terminator 2 and empire strikes back
>>
>>92480368
>It's up there with terminator 2 and empire strikes back

In top 3 unneeded and overrated sequels perhaps.
>>
>>92479553
calling it now Darkhorse will simply make it out like David has "invented" but in reality the Engineers discovered that shit XXXXX amount of years before and their shit getting unleased it was lead to a ban on the fuckers in the first place.

Preds just wouldn't stop letting em loose to hunt and they keep spreading
>>
>>92480107
>Maybe worse than Prometheus. Wonder if Ridley Scott forgot how to make good movies.

George Lucas Syndrome most likely.
>>
>>92480343
It's the only installment of the franchise I give a fuck about. Also, it's really fun to see the butthurt flowing over Convenant.
>>
>>92480107
problem is Ridley goes "NOT MUH ALIENS" about everything thats been added to the series.

He's seriously had autistic like fits over shit like
>xenos take some of the basic shit from its host IE dog leads to 4 legged xeno, pred leads to predalien
>Alien queen
>Aliens and predators existing in the same canon and seriously does autisticly hate the comics/games/movies
Even rumor floating around that he personally helped kill Blomkimps idea for a new Aliens movie simply because it had unique ideas to it
>>
>>92480407
>It's the only installment of the franchise I give a fuck about.
>>
>>92480445
>Even rumor floating around that he personally helped kill Blomkimps idea for a new Aliens movie simply because it had unique ideas to it

Oh no, what a tragedy. The director of Chappie isn't directing an Alien movie.
>>
>Alien
>Generic slasher movie, except with a space monster instead of a guy with a mask and a knife

>Aliens
>Vietnam, the movie

Believe it or not, Aliens actually probably has way more in common with Predator than it does with Alien.
>>
>>92480689
>Alien
>Generic slasher movie, except with a space monster instead of a guy with a mask and a knife
>Aliens
>Vietnam, the movie

I... never actually looked at them this way. Wow.
>>
>>92480689
>Vietnam, the movie
Riiiiiight
*tip*
>>
>>92480403
Shit, I just realized Covenant retcons the Alien vs Predator movie something fierce, too.

>>92480445
And then fucks up in the last 2 movies.
Which movies did he actually direct, again?

>Aliens and predators existing in the same canon
Watching Covenant, I realized Predator acknowledges Aliens, but never the other way around. He shouldn't be so upset about it.
>>
File: hqdefault~01.jpg (22KB, 355x322px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault~01.jpg
22KB, 355x322px
>>92480385
>unneeded and overrated sequels
>judgement day and empire strikes back
>>
>>92480788
>judgement day

What did it add?
Nothing.
>>
>>92480445
>Even rumor floating around that he personally helped kill Blomkimps idea for a new Aliens movie simply because it had unique ideas to it
Still mad over that, his gritty style could had been great in this franchise
>>
>>92480800
A small detail called stopping judgement day and saving humanity
>>
>>92480810
>Blomkamp
>great
He had one good movie, one boring, and one shitastic one.
>>
>>92480772

How is it not? It is, and so is Predator.

Vietnam was a war in which the Americans went in, thinking they were badasses, and they were going to wipe up the problem and go home at the end of the day.

They ended up facing a nearly invisible enemy on its own turf, using lots of weird tactics, psychological tactics, and they were just overwhelmed by something that they thought was going to be easy and routine.

That's exactly how Aliens is. Its a group of no-nonsense badasses who go in thinking its going to be a routine mission but get overwhelmed by an almost literally unseen enemy, and it turns out they were totally unprepared and ill-equipped.

With Predator, it is almost a literal 1:1 of the Vietnam War.
>>
>>92480822
>stopping judgement day
Oh so taking a good movie and then overriding it's memorable ending?

You're right, how necessary.
>>
>>92480776
>Shit, I just realized Covenant retcons the Alien vs Predator movie something fierce, too.
Don't pretend that isn't a good thing.

IMO Alien: Covenant is the first good Alien movie in 30 years (since Aliens). While there's this strange beauty in parts of Alien 3 it ultimately fails, and while Alien Resurrection is fun in parts in also fails. Alien: Covenant was a solid Alien movie. Not as good as Alien, but on par with Aliens when one bars out their "iconic" views.

Also, why is this being discussed on /co/? Someone should storytime Batman vs Aliens cause that's fucking great!
>>
I never even thought the AvP movies were supposed to really be considered canon anyway.

Just figured they were kind of their own thing.
>>
>>92480897
people treated them like canon since they liked the idea of the extended A+P universe
>>
>>92479981

You brand yourself a philistine.

>>92480169

...The first one is pretty OK. The second one...

Have you ever had... well, one day I was really ill, I picked up some bug, I was in and out of the toilet all day. Then, it got really bad and I threw up even as I was shitting. I cleaned it up as much as possible, then got back into bad, and when my mother - who was a saint - came over to help me and had a gander in the bathroom, the smell very nearly made her toss her cookies herself.

That's about the level we're talking about.
>>
>>92480343

It's subjective, of course. I thought 'Aliens' was a very effective movie and a worthy successor to 'Alien' - perhaps the only movie in the franchise that measures up.
>>
>>92480169
Not really, the first Batman vs Predator probably is the best out of Predator and Alien crossovers with DC.
>>
>>92481058
>You brand yourself a philistine.
Anyway we know you started to love the first one with exaggeration and MUH PHILOSOPHY intellectual masturbation excuse, just to play the fucking contrarians because the sequel is popular too.
>>
>>92480897

Everything involving Predators after the first movie basically plays like Youtube fan films with a bigger budget. Pred 2, Predators, AVP, all of them can be junked with no sweat.

And they aren't all bad, some of them are pretty fun. But they aren't movies, they're monster mashes made by fanboys who want to rub one out to Predators fighting in different scenarios.
>>
>>92479553
>So now that Covenant has removed Aliens, 3 and Resurrection

God I hate fucking retcons.
>>
>>92480343
Holy shit, contrarians are such fucking faggots. We get it, you hate everything popular and you have the greatest hipster shit tastes of anyone.
>>
>>92481274
How is it contrarian to say Alien was a great movie?
>>
>>92481285
It's not a excuse to says the sequel is complete shit.
see the difference:
>I prefers the first Alien to the second one.
>ALIENS IS FUCKING SHIT! THE FIRST ONE WAS A LOOOOOOOOT BETTER !!!! YEAH IT WAS 2DEEP AND PHILOSOPHICAL!!! THE SEQUEL WAS SHIT! ITS LIKE RAMBO ITS FUCKING SHIT
>>
So is Covenant worth seeing? Everything from the aliens universe has been shit recently, and I'm worried of getting another steaming pile of shit like Prometheus. Just the trailer having so much unnecessary AI turned me off the movie a lot.

>>92481331
Thanks for explaining it to the retard for me.
>>
>>92481331
>YEAH IT WAS 2DEEP AND PHILOSOPHICAL!!!
Way to put words in my mouth.

How about trying to debate without resorting to strawmanning?
>>
>>92481382
It's not a strawman, Alien 1 hard defenders use this kind of shit to overrates the movie.
>>
>>92481410
I just like it cause it's a fucking good horror movie.
>>
>>92481365
at least Prometheus was better than Predators
>>
>>92481365

>So is Covenant worth seeing?

It's a slightly less bad version of Prometheus. Even without Damon Lindelof there Ridley can't mesh the philosophical ideas with his horror movie instincts at all.

>>92481429

>at least Prometheus was better than Predators

At least Predators knew it was a B-movie and executed its own vision. Prometheus was 2 hours of Lindelof explaining his Alien fan theories to the audience in a skin of a crappy 80's slasher movie.
>>
I'm just waiting for the RedLetterMedia video.
>>
>>92481460
>It's a slightly less bad version of Prometheus. Even without Damon Lindelof there Ridley can't mesh the philosophical ideas with his horror movie instincts at all.

Damn. I want to see it, but I don't want to just be disappointed again...
>>
>>92481509

>Damn. I want to see it, but I don't want to just be disappointed again...

If you're going to watch it see it on a big screen, for all his faults Ridley knows how to make a cinematic production and there's some juicy effects work with the violence that you can appreciate on a big screen.
>>
>>92479981
>>92480012
Yeah, what an uninspired piece of cinema garbage.
>>
They should (re)make Alien vs Predator
>>
>>92480048
This is a thing?
>>
>>92481365
>So is Covenant worth seeing?
not at all, it's the death of the mystery and the lamest set up ever.
the visuals are ok and then XENOMORPH CARTOONS JUMPING AROUND!
>>
>>92481578
>not at all, it's the death of the mystery and the lamest set up ever.

Not that guy, but, what? Do they flat out state what the Xenos are, and how they're made, or whatever?
>>
>>92481603
Yes.
>>
>>92481603
ok...
yes
>>
File: BvA.jpg (886KB, 1024x1551px) Image search: [Google]
BvA.jpg
886KB, 1024x1551px
>>92481195

I was talking about 'Batman vs.Aliens', anon.

Permit me to illustrate.
>>
>>92481603

They're created because David has gone full Dr. Moreau and has started experimenting on people with his mad science bullshit, eventually creating the Xenos so he can find The Meaning Of Life
>>
>>92481556
>wanting another avp movie
>when it will inevitably take a place in modern day setting and be aimed towards teenage demographic

Just accept that there will never be good AvP media outside of handful of comics and couple video games.
>>
File: howaboutno.jpg (58KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
howaboutno.jpg
58KB, 326x326px
>>92481622
>that second picture
>>
>>92480445
>>92480556
>>92480776
I simply refuse to believe this is real, because while it's very plausibly and likely that it's true, the full capacity of adult and talented human males to act absolutely retarded and throw high-functioning "Chris-chan" fits puts a downer on my day.

Never underestimate the full weaponized autism of some people.
>>
>>92481578
>>92481603
Oh fuck me, I'm not seeing it then. It can have all the nice visuals it wants, but I refuse to watch the death of such a beloved universe due to the retards in control of it.
>>
>>92481644
>but I refuse to watch the death of such a beloved universe due to the retards in control of it

Dude, Alien Resurrection exists
>>
>>92480831
That's an interesting take on the movie. Never connected it to Vietnam, never thought to. The producers just wanted to make a movie about the ultimate hunter hunting Earth's greatest quarry. Interesting to parallel it with Vietnam invincibility complex (though I'm not sure that was ever a thing, but then again I'm not aware of any first-hand accounts of early troop deployment in the 1960s).
>>
>>92481230

It doesn't retcon anything, what the fuck are you guys on about
>>
>>92481634

That is actually laughably retarded.
>>
>>92481701
How so?
It's a natural extension of David's whole arc in Prometheus.
>>
>>92481644

It's not the death of anything, it's a pretty good movie actually desu
>>
>>92481681

oh boy i didn't know resurrection was a prequel!
and that it had a borg designing the aliens! and then making out with himself

but yeah both are bad, one existing and being shitty doesn't meant you should watch a shittier movie.
>>
>>92481717
Way to miss the point.
>>
>>92481701

It's actually pretty well done, David's a really well written character and his motivation isn't half as bad as hateposters make it sound.
>>
File: a drunkard.png (143KB, 263x251px) Image search: [Google]
a drunkard.png
143KB, 263x251px
>>92481634
Who wanted such a dumb thing to exist?
>>
>>92481742
A Luciferian tale about androids?
People with taste, clearly.
>>
>>92481701
ME AM PLAY GOD
>>
>>92481726
I don't think the motivations are bad i think what happens due to those motivations are bad.
>>
>>92481701
>>92481742
There's a kernel of an interesting idea in the David arc of you look at it from a macro level.

The idea of a machine trying to find meaning in himself through meeting his father only to be soundly rejected to to human hubris(mirroring Weyland's obsession with the Engineers ultimately coming to nothing, ie, our creators are warmongering assholes who hate us) and eventually moving onto finding meaning by becoming a creator himself, becoming a father to something "better" then humanity and rejecting his original creators fully is great in theory. Both Prometheus films are about the creation of life, a kind of repeating cycle of hubris and disappointment.

In execution, Lindelof cannot tell a story and Ridley is an insane old man who can't tell the difference between a good or bad screenplay anymore.
>>
>>92481783

It's not though, the movie is pretty good, and it makes sense that he'd create something like an alien.

They never made sense as purely a bioweapon, since they're not as eficient as just using a biochemical gas or a weaponized virus, but as a "perfect lifeform" constructed by a murdering Android with a creator complex it makes some kind of sense.
>>
Walter >>>>> Bishop
>>
>>92481803
>In execution, Lindelof cannot tell a story and Ridley is an insane old man who can't tell the difference between a good or bad screenplay anymore.

this.

movie's garbo with potential prometheus 2.0

once again flying to close to the sun.
>>
>>92481829

>movie's garbo with potential prometheus 2.0

What exactly makes it garbage? What about it was badly executed? You guys keep memeing the idea that it's a good idea with bad execution, but it seemed like a pretty well made horror film to me.
>>
>>92481855

> You guys keep memeing the idea that it's a good idea with bad execution, but it seemed like a pretty well made horror film to me.

Because the characters are all 80's slasher movie idiots and the dialogue is dreadful, especially when anyone starts talking about religion. Shaw is the single worst sci-fi protagonist of the past 15 years and that comes entirely from Lindelof's hack writing.

>inb4 what about Covenant

The characters are equally as stupid, but Katherine Waterson's lead is upgraded from "all-time terrible" to merely "supremely generic."

Clearly Ridley needs Walter Hill to come back and do some major rewrites on these scripts, because outside of David not a single character from either film matches the characters from Alien.
>>
>>92481855
Cause the characters were boring, the horror wasn't horrific at all, the shock value of seeing the alien its lost in the meh cgi, and david's tale was one to cement the idea that scott's the only one who truly understands the aliens losing all the mystery.

If somehow it worked for you, cool, but its just good looking garbage for me.
>>
>>92481701
>>92481742
You guys are mouth drooling retards if you actually believe him. This is a /tv/ meme
>>
>>92481382
I dont recall you trying to be very well reasoned.
>>
>>92482091
I don't recall arguing Alien on a philosophical basis.
>>
Covenant hasn't removed Alien 3 and Resurrection. Hell even Preds are in canon with the Alien timeline. hey just wont come out and say it publicly. As it stands (for the Alien series), Fox currently considers Prometheus, the Alien films, Alien: Isolation, the initial Titan trilogy, The Rage Wars, Aliens: Defiance, Aliens: Dead Orbit, Fire and Stone and Life and Death canon. Their view had been that anything going forward would be canon. How that stands with Covenant's apparent intention behind the origins of the Alien, I don't know.
>>
>>92482442

If that's true, you practically make everything canon again anyway just by degrees of separation.
>>
>>92480831
People don't realize how needlessly hindered troops were, or the crushing hopelessness of their commanding officers and generals.
They knew firsthand how pointless the conflict was simply by interacting with the Vietnam government and the puppets the US wanted. It was a hotbed of corruption that actually made DC look noble in comparison.

They begged the top brass to pull out for YEARS, knowing the new gov would be inevitably unmanageable, to no avail.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.