[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your ideal villains /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

File: villain chart t.jpg (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
villain chart t.jpg
3MB, 2550x3300px
What are your ideal villains /co/?
>>
Comedic, sympathetic , pathetic, childish villain protagonist
These guys, right?
>>
Childish villain is pretty great in my opinion,not /co/ but Shigaraki from bnha is a great example of a childish villain done well
>>
I like villain protagonists, but I feel like there's only so many ways you can do it. They all feel the same-ish to me, but they're still entertaining at least.
>>
btw you can use this template for your own villains if you want.
>>
File: Ppg_mojojojo_174x252.png (14KB, 174x252px) Image search: [Google]
Ppg_mojojojo_174x252.png
14KB, 174x252px
>>92474740
Villains who know they are evil
Villains who can be funny but still remain threatening
Villains who can hold a conversation with the protagonist without trying to kill them
Villains who have interests outside of their villainy
Villains who get a win every now and then
Villains who work as a character without the protagonist
Villains with a striking, memorable design

Pic related is the perfect villain
>>
>>92474740
All of them, it depends on the story that the villain is part of. But all of them can be great, but likewise all of them can be terrible.
>>
File: 1494895448922.jpg (247KB, 1327x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1494895448922.jpg
247KB, 1327x2048px
How about all of them?
>>
>>92475103
What was his end game anyway?
It can't be monkey Utopia since that failed in the movie, so what the fuck does he even wants?
>>
>>92475103
I mean has he ever been truly threatening aside from the movie?
Also I gotta watch that shit again, it's really underrated.
>>
File: 1452933016382.png (431KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1452933016382.png
431KB, 640x478px
>>92474976
Thanks senpai
>>
>>92475749
Didn't he basically made world peace in the anniversary episode? Although I'm not sure if that's canon.
>>
File: Titan stops a rider kick.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Titan stops a rider kick.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>92475805
Titan was a cool guy.
>>
>>92475103
So a lot of The Flash's rogue gallery
>>
>>92474740
I like villains that are funny, charming, and/or likable but still totally villainous.

I also like sympathetic, tragic villains who either die sad deaths or are redeemed.
>>
>>92474740
All of them can be good, if used well, and if they're well written. The archetype doesn't matter. There are good and bad instances of all of them.
>>
File: skullmaster.jpg (6KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
skullmaster.jpg
6KB, 259x195px
https://youtu.be/SekvpIsaOgY
>>
I like almost of them, but I lean toward comedic villains.

I also only like "serious villains" if they have style... I guess that makes them fall more into the "magnificent bastard" category though, doesn't it?

On the subject of the Joker and "Crazy", I fucking hate Joker when "Crazy" is what people focus on instead of "Clown"

When he's a crime lord with a flair for comedy who uses over the top cartoonish methods to commit his crimes and is obsessed with outsmarting the Bat, he's a good character.

When he's a serial killer who just does ghastly things with no rhyme or reason, no cartoonish methods, and all he can talk about his "muh madness" "Everyone's like me" "The world is craaayyyzeee" he's a total bore.
>>
Comically inept villains can be fun, and they can be interesting if they later become a serious threat
>>
Erudite anarchists with a dark sense of comedy.
>>
File: doom.png (3MB, 790x912px) Image search: [Google]
doom.png
3MB, 790x912px
>>92474740
You forgot the 13th kind.
DOOM
>>
>>92474740
Niggers.
>>
>>92474740
>joker
>crazy
you need to leave
>>
>>92476424
Doesnt he enter in the "villain who thinks is right" category AND the "villain with a purpose" one
>>
>>92476424
DOOM is Serious, Comedic but still threatening, a magnificent bastard, sympathetic, thinks he's right, AND a Villain Protagonist
>>
>>92476501
Honestly, he can be in like half of em.
>>
>>92476481

Can you elaborate.

Because depending on what you say next I may or may not agree with you.
>>
>>92474740
The butthurt biased mod who banned steven universe generals because
>muh hiatus
but didn't banned Star vs threads for the same reason and issued me a warning for pointing out how much of an hypocrite he is
>>
Recently read New God's. I fuckin love Darkseid as a villain and feel like few do him justice anymore.
>>
>>92476547
>Inb4 'user was banned for this post'
>>
>>92476424

He really is up there
>>
>>92476547
SU is a shit cartoon anyway anon don't worry about it
>>
File: Daniel the Maniel.gif (2MB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel the Maniel.gif
2MB, 500x245px
He is everything at once: https://youtu.be/vQcOt2OQEfs
>>
>>92476547
No generals during a hiatus has been the mods policy for a long time
>>
File: thedoof.gif (913KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
thedoof.gif
913KB, 500x283px
Doofenshmirtz is
>comedic
>pathetic
>sympathetic
>gleefully evil
>childish
Literally perfect
>>
>>92476481
TAS Joker alternated between sane and insane depending on the story in question.

>Joker's Favor: Begs for his life when Charlie threatens him with a bomb.
>Mask of the Phantasm: Beats Andrea with hunk of bologna while she's trying to kill him instead of stabbing her.
>>
File: 1440013741713.jpg (63KB, 550x418px) Image search: [Google]
1440013741713.jpg
63KB, 550x418px
>>92479735
Joker only pretends to be insane because he knows Batman is solely into crazy guys and it's the only way Batman-senpai will notice him.
>>
>>92474740
pretty based list OP
>>
Heroes of the opposing story.
>>
File: hyperkriisi tii.jpg (2MB, 1440x2534px) Image search: [Google]
hyperkriisi tii.jpg
2MB, 1440x2534px
>>92476578
It's kind of weird how Darkseid has human eyes in most of good portrayals and glowing energy eyes when he's "generic space tyrant"
>>
>>92474740
>implying the Joker isn't a comedic but still threatening villain

Aside from that, I'm more interested in a well done villain than an archetype. I've seen great villains that range from evil for the sake of being wantonly evil, to the tragic villain with a cause like Nox. My favorites are funny but still dangerous villains.
>>
>>92474894
Why do you think there's only a few ways to do them?
>>
>>92474740

A chillin' villain
>>
I don't know what to call it, but I like it when the protagonist of one story becomes the villain of another related story.
Only example I really have is a video game series called Ogre Battle. Any comics/cartoons like this?
>>
>>92476037
>When he's a serial killer who just does ghastly things with no rhyme or reason, no cartoonish methods, and all he can talk about his "muh madness" "Everyone's like me" "The world is craaayyyzeee" he's a total bore.

But Heath Ledgers Joker is second only the the Joker I'm BtaS.
>>
File: C.png (4KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
C.png
4KB, 612x612px
My ideal villain is a character that's acting believably and is at odds with the protagonist. For example in Deadwood, Al Swearengen can be either the protagonist or a villain depending on how you look at the story. Cy Tolliver is a far more evil bastard but he's still just looking for his own interests in a believable way. Francis Wolcott is probably schizophrenic to some degree so he's a believable villain too. Steve Fields is a racist drunk and he's believable too. George Hearst is probably a sociopath and he, too, is believable.

So basically instead of flattening down characters into stereotypes like OP, a villain needs to be a believable character first, and then all his evil actions develop from his character in a believable way, which is the best way.
>>
>>92481495
They all sound kind of boring honestly. Too relatable and understandable for villains. That's nice occasionally, but if every dude has a "good" reason for villainy I find it a big turn off.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.