[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the 5th season is almost over, what do you think of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: samurai-jack_0.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-jack_0.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
Now that the 5th season is almost over, what do you think of this series as a whole?

I feel like it's one of the best action cartoons of all time, almost up to part with steven universe. The way the story is told as well as the unique artstyle make it stand out from your average action show, also aku is one of the most entertaining villains in fiction
>>
>>92469217
>almost up to part with steven universe
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 0/8
>>
>this are the ashifags
>>
>>92469217
>Steven Universe
>Action cartoon
My almonds are activating on their own
>>
>>92469242
>>92469282
Even if you are not a big fan of townie episodes you can't deny that when it comes to action scenes, steven universe is unmatched
>>
>>92469217
The show was one of the best action cartoons, season 5 has been very sparse on good action scenes barring the first three episodes.
Seasons 3 and 4 were much better overall.
>>
>>92469299
Dude, just stop. Please. You're only embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>92469217
Steven Universe is cancer.
>>
>>92469299
Not really, they rarely have action scenes and when they do they range from alright to bad like the rest of the shows animation and writing in general.
>>
File: garnet.gif (1MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
garnet.gif
1MB, 400x224px
>>92469397
>>
>>92469299
We need an uprising against the shitposting, stop just laying down and taking it for fear of accusations of "taking the bait". Take back this board for the sake of good faith discussions and content!
>>
>>92469299
you're right, no other show has action scenes as awful as SU
>>
File: 1489892421414.gif (766KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1489892421414.gif
766KB, 500x384px
To seriously answer OP's question and not argue over the bait, I'd say Samurai Jack is one of the most competent action cartoons period, laudable for superior voice work, excellent and varied music, and a bevy of beautiful scenery and risky art choices to keep the very basic formula fresh and interesting. The comedy was excellent and can still provoke a laugh from me to this day. In terms of weaknesses, the self-contained nature bites it some; many episodes lose impact because all episodes need to stand on their own. This isn't really too bad. Jack also lacks recurring antagonists, and while 'new town, new problems' is Samurai Jack's thing, a Demongo-tier recurring flunkie for Aku would have spiced things up, I think. Overall, Samurai Jack is consistently good, if anything improving as the seasons went on, and has only a handful of episodes that are just bad.

Jack himself is an understated but likeable character, and you easily sympathize and root for him. Aku does something very difficult, being both a credible (and sometimes intimidating) antagonist while also being hilarious. The various mook-tier bounty hunters and monsters are often very memorable, whether they're as ineffectual as the Pig Sheriff or as deadly as the Minions of Set.

Cartoons like Jack should unironically be looked at as an example of how to 'do it right,' especially in action cartoons.

Genndy, release the fucking soundtrack!
>>
File: jashi 4.gif (2MB, 540x216px) Image search: [Google]
jashi 4.gif
2MB, 540x216px
>>92469776
>>
File: 1491819370232.gif (2MB, 480x327px) Image search: [Google]
1491819370232.gif
2MB, 480x327px
Well time to start filtering for anything to do with SU, that'll leave 4 threads for me to post in. I really wish all this shitposting and baiting would fuck off and the mods get off their asses.
>>
>>92469877
MAKE /CO/ GRATE AGAIN
>>92469914
*wheeze*
>>
>>92469299
Why are you here
>>
>>92469299
You probably haven't watched too much cartoons and aren't even awate that anime exists. Otherwise you would choose your words more wisely
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.