[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come /co/ hates King's Batman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (277KB, 655x1008px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 655x1008px
How come /co/ hates King's Batman?
>>
>>92466736
Batman and Swamp Thing was very good
>>
But I don't
>>
>>92466736
They liked I am Gotham then they got triggered by Bruce contemplating suicide as a kid because how dare Batgod act realistically.
>>
>>92466736
I love it. Duke and Gotham Girl are cool additions. And us Batman-Catwoman shippers finally getting our due.
>>
>>92466736
First 2 arcs are shit, it only got good with rooftops.
>>
>>92466736
It's pretty good. I'm not a fan of BatmanxCatwoman but that's just me
>>
It's hated cause so far it's pretty normal down the middle of the road. It's not doing any controversial or changing mythos. It's playing it safe and that's why they hate it. Compare this to Snyder's run and it was like a bunch of autistic going ape shit calling everything edgy. It gave them something to rage about, and unfortenly people are so petty that they'd rather talk about stuff that triggers them. Kings run? They really don't have anything to complain about so they hate. I personally think it's kind of boring but I am enjoying the focus being on the Batman universe instead of Snyder's run where everyone jobs to batgod. Snyder's run was wayyy to much like Morrison's run. Same themes at least, and I found that boring.
>>
>>92466736
Filthy fagget signed a DC exclusive.
>>
It was overhyped, not necessarily a bad run but not great, and definitely not something I'm willing to buy twice a month.
>>
>>92466736
After reading Vision and Sheriff of Babylon I was hoping for something more, but it's pretty mediocre, not necessarily bad but not worth following imo. Though I still have yet to get it off my pull list for weeks because I keep forgetting too.
>>
When Batman plan is to get his ass beat down and his back broken, shit was weak. King is interested in writing character studies which is ok if done like rooftops and today's issue. When the fucking plot is stupid the character study doesn't stand up with the bullshit.
>>
>>92466736
When he debuted he was met with backlash so he changed and started pandering more, explaining to his audience more and then as he got better reviews and more attention, a lot of people thought his repetition was cool so he saw that and decided to once again "give the people what they want". Nobody addressed his flaws in his older comics so however fixed them and then he also saw that dumbing his writing down got him more fans. His run has also been kind of safe with nothing too crazy happening but on the other hand, when he first teased that Catwoman might be a mass murderer he was again met with rage.
>>
>>92467481
That was admittedly really stupid.

What if Bane was just like "You know what? You've weaseled out of my grasp every time, so I'm just gonna shoot in the head"
>>
>>92467610
Plus Batman resetting his back was damn stupid even stupider than Dark Knight Rises of beating you in the back lets hope that fixes it. Then goes on a gauntlet with dozens of mooks like is nothing.
>>
>>92466736
The Catwoman clit sucking is too much. She can take on bane yet all three robins job to bane off screen.
>>
>>92467133
How wrong can one man get?
>>
>>92466736
>King writes Marvel book
>OMG BEST WRITER EVER
>King writes DC books
>OMG WORST WRITER EVER
Brand loyalty, OP. It's a hell of a drug.
>>
>>92467359
Vision had a definite end and Batman has stronger editorial control as opposed to Sheriff. What did you expect?
>>
>>92467818
But /co/ loves Omega Men, Grayson, and Sheriff of Babylon
>>
>>92466736
>/co/ is a mindhive
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>92467781
They don't have much value beyond the setup they provide for I Am Bane. Writing there is tropey and shit.
>>
>>92467901
>wanting the impossible to happen
Why is /co/ so stupid?
>>
>>92467837
Idk I don't read that many capeshit ongoings and I was hoping that King might do something more along the lines of good ol' fashioned detective work a la Sheriff of Babylon. And while I enjoyed the psycho pirate, Gotham and stuff, as I got into it things were happening in other tie in comics and I couldn't be bothered to pick up all the batcomics coming out to get the full picture of things, so I got turned off. Reminded me of why I us usually just stick to Image and the such. Basically just disappointment brought about from naivety, I suppose.
>>
>>92466736
I feel its getting stronger with each arc
>>
>>92466736
/co/ hates King because bandwagon

I hate King because his Batman has literally been "Words: The Comic." Plus, his Batman is very jarring coming off of Snyder's run, but that's just a matter of taste. I don't Hate King tho. His Vision run was 10/10. And he did amazing with his Green Lantern Darkside Wars one shot which embodied everything great about the universe's best GL. I just think he should write another character.
>>
His Batman run is great, and anyone who doesn't like it is a fag or a contrarian.

In one year we've seen Batman get his own Suicide Squad, pound Catwoman's puss on the roof, crossover with the Flash/Watchmen, swap jokes with Swamp Thing, and eat Batburgers with the boys. And to top it all off we got to see Alfred run around in a Batsuit.
>>
>>92467818
Spotted the company wars fag, neck yourself
>>
>>92468806
>good ol' fashioned detective work
well there was today's issue at least
>>
>>92466736
Because its mostly Marvel fags who are so open about it.
>>
>>92467837
>Longer ongoing can't have a definitive ending
Nigger, you stupid?
>>
>>92466736
Neo-Bendis Speak
>>
Just like Snyder, he tried to duplicate Morrison's epicness, rather than play to his own strength.
>>
>>92471098
no, he's definitely playing to his strengths and doing more of a character study of Batman rather than a Morrisonian massive mythos bound to the very fabric of fiction and reality.
>>
>>92471288
I am Gotham was about Batman and his epic toys. The next arc was about Batman fighting an entire army. Even Morrison went into deconstructing Batman.
>>
>>92471445
so do you actually read the words or do you just like looking at the pretty pictures
>>
>>92467610
To be fair King's version of Bane is ruled by his compulsions.

It's why he needed Psycho Pirate to beat his Venom addiction.
>>
>>92466736
>Every arc so far has had great potential and then just been kind of mediocre
>King's Batman dialogue is just really weird and clunky
>Crossover in the first 10 issues
It's not a bad run but it's probably King's weakest work. Also /co/ seems to be nostalgically remembering all the best aspects of the New 52 run while forgetting that there was plenty of shit in it too
>>
>>92469719
>pound Catwoman's puss on the roof

What number of issues?
>>
File: 1495049251016.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1495049251016.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
Was it kino?
>>
>>92471445
>deconstructing
That word doesn't mean what you think it means, my little pseudo intellectual Morrisonfag.
>>
>>92469719
None of those sound good.
>>
>>92466736
What is the fucking point of Gotham Girl? Seriously she's just a plot device
>>
>>92466847
>Likes Duke
>Likes Gotham Girl
>"ships" Batman and Catwoman, or any fictional characters
>>
File: 1416255720053.png (760KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1416255720053.png
760KB, 1280x715px
>mfw you realize Tom King is literally CIA

Seriously, look it up
>>
>>92472449
anon it's been years
>>
File: slowpoke_pokemon.jpg (27KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke_pokemon.jpg
27KB, 600x655px
>>92472449
>>
>>92471816

Maybe you should read it
>>
>>92471623
Yes. I hope we get more issues like this and Rooftops.
>>
>>92470703
I'm saying that an ongoing with no planned ending is going to be harder to pad than a 12 issue mini
>>
My biggest issue with his run is that it often seems directionless. I really enjoy King's work but this series doesn't seem to have a reason for being. That being said I am really excited for Mr. Miracle because it seems he has a plan for this.
>>
>>92471573
>best aspects of the New 52 run
Were there any besides Capullo's art?
>>
I hate that he kiss snyders ass...
That dami is not with his father it making me angry kings Batman has no time for dami the birthday But he has time to fuck catwoman
>>
>>92472449
> King is literally CIA
so he hate arabs ?
>>
>>92477563
Fuck off damifag
>>
>>92478059
king pls you sucks.
>>
>>92478059
Fuck off timfag.
>>
>>92466736
Gee, what problems could we have with a valor stealing pedophile faggot writing comics? Fuck you.
>>
>>92471785
He's right though. First half of Morrison's run was about literally deconstructing the idea of Batman. He broke down every trope of Batman. It's more deconstruction than shit like Miracleman and Squadron Supreme which people tout as deconstruction when they're just edgy and realistic.
>>
>>92467189
Batman is contemplating leaving the fucking mantle in the latest arc? Because his dad told him so? That sounds kinda controversial to me.
>>
>>92472388
you mad I have excellent tastes anon
>>
>>92471623
Ace looks so cute in that picture.
>>
After years of marvel, I don't enjoy excessively repetitive elements within single issues, especially dialogue.

The Bat/Cat pet names dehumanizes the Bruce/Selina interactions, which I'm not a fan of because while they have a primal sexual attraction, they've often seen that relationship as a chance or window to a normal life. The "playful" back and forth got old real fast.

Making Batman, Catwoman and Bane all desire death was a mistake. A lot of writers do batman as a broken child but I don't like versions that downplay his heroism and role as a champion among men.

Latest issue was great though.
>>
>>92480698
it really isn't. not when we've already seen Batman retire and or die again and again across every medium
>>
>>92481372
I just never fucking understood the Selina/Bruce thing. It's stupid as fuck for Batman to just have a soft spot for this one woman who is shamelessly a murderous criminal. I feel like the only justification ever given for the relationship from decades ago was "we both wear black masks and go out at night", and it's just kind of been grandfathered in.

I always cringe when it's made into a central theme of the story, and I always fucking hate it. Almost nothing makes me drop a batbook faster than Bruce+Selina. Can someone explain to me what the appeal is? Never mind the appeal, what the fuck is the reasoning? Why is it that a man who has proven to have almost unlimited willpower is brought to his knees by this flimsy-ass bitch of a character?

>>92481402
I dunno. We usually see him far in the future, after the fact. I can't recall any stories where he retires at the peak of his career, especially while all the rest of the JL is still active. To have him willingly give up being Batman to pursue his own happiness would be pretty fresh ground. Although it sounds like it would make for a boring book.
>>
>>92466736
Because we know for a fact that King can do better. Coming off of some of the best comics of the decade, King was looking like he was going to be the next Moore/Morrison/Gaiman-tier comic writing superstar. Then he gets put on arguably the biggest property in comics and he completely phones it in.

If this exact run was done by a different writer, I'd think it's was good. Nothing special, but a solid Batman run in-line with countless other mediocre to solid Batman runs. Forgettable, but serviceably entertaining. But coming from Tom King, and right after he got done with Omega Men, Grayson and Vision, this reads like phoned-in hack work that he's just churning out for an easy paycheck.

It's a waste of his time. It's a waste of our time.
>>
I liked the issue with Swamp Thing more than anything else.
Besides, i'd rather have a storyline with Batman and Bane beating the shit out of eachother than a bunch of issues about Batman and Joker been fags that conclude in nothing.
>>
>>92480829
So that's Ace? what happened to Titus?
I know King gave us Kiteman but will he also give us Bathound?
>>
>>92477563
to be fair Catwoman's one fine pussy to catch. meow But I too wish we had more of the real Boy Wonder.

I almost with Dick would pick up the mantel again so we could have some comfy batman and robin back.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.