[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 17

File: Rwby_manga_ad.jpg (712KB, 1500x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Rwby_manga_ad.jpg
712KB, 1500x1081px
So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?
>>
>>92452189
everyone but /trash/
>>
>>92452189
I'm afraid I'm stuck on this ride. Maybe it'll get better, maybe it won't. Who knows? It doesn't matter anyways. Not to the man born without a choice.
>>
>>92452189
Stuck until it ends
>>
I dropped all of RT except Funhaus
>>
>>92452189
I dropped RWBY after finishing the first season. Wasn't very good and I dunno why I even bothered watching that entire season.
>>
>>92452189
what's RWBY stand for?
>>
>>92453208
>what's RWBY stand for?
Basically Team Ruby, comprised of Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long

RWBY is pronounced 'Ruby' or whatever.
>>
>>92452189
>So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?
The mods.

>>92452203
>everyone but /trash/
More like everyone who still likes it moved there.
>>
File: 1491408349104.jpg (103KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1491408349104.jpg
103KB, 500x715px
>>92452189

Can't drop what you didn't pick up.

I respect the people behind the project; fully producing an independent animated web series is no joke, let alone for that thing to actually be as successful as this. But man...this show is just hot garbage.

All the characters are just flat, boring cliches. The writing is so bad it feels like a fanfic of an actual series. The animation is stilted and unconvincing, and the VAs couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. I have a bunch of friends who are into it, and I've tried to enjoy it under the mindset of it just being cheesy pseudoshonen fun, but...bleaugh.
>>
>>92452189
>at this point?
You mean, like after the conclusion of Volume 4? That honestly seems like a weird place to drop it. I figured that most people who dropped it did so early on in the first few episodes and everyone who has kept up with it are either trapped in the ride or don't want to get off.
>>
>>92454531
Volume 4 was so shitty that it made me drop the show. And I managed to sit though vol 1&2 and leave wanting more.
>>
>>92454609
...Really? Nothing struck me as particularly horrible about Volume 4. In fact I even genuinely liked some of it.
>>
>>92452189
For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone picked it up in the first place.
>>
>>92454858
Its nothing offensive and has a Saturday morning cartoon charm.
>>
>>92454858
The Red Trailer.

After that I stayed because it was a nice little dumb show with cool weapons and fight scenes. The whole thing had a weird campy charm to it, which was helped by the fact that by that time it was just the small passion project of a nerd and his friends. It was nothing big or serious, just some dumb fun. There was a weird sense of purity to it then.
>>
File: spong.png (56KB, 192x154px) Image search: [Google]
spong.png
56KB, 192x154px
If you didn't drop it during the first two seasons, you have no excuse to drop it now.
>>
>>92452189
so i never saw it someone explain why its bad now?
>>
DROPPED it? People WATCHED it to begin with?
>>
>>92455012
This, plus the world it's created has a crapton of potential. I'm mainly sticking around to see how they expand it. The setting is what's mainly holding me in.

>>92455461
Biggest complaints I've seen leveled against it is the overall writing/pacing of the show. They only release 12 episodes a year, and the episodes are only about 12-15 minutes long if you don't count the finales. This leaves them with not a whole lot of time to really get the plot going and deal with the metric crapton of characters they've introduced to the series. I admit it does have a serious "tell don't show" problem that i'm not sure that they can even resolve fully at this point due to the cost of production and managing the staff/expense needed to make this show now.

So you have a show that's been going on for several years and only in the last year and a half has really started to majorly advance the plot in some direction, which has pissed folks off in the process along with the general lack of lore/information that has been presented in the show proper so far.
>>
>>92452189
Edgelords that felt betrayed because Vol. 4 didn't went grimdark.

Personally, I'm glad it didn't. Vol. 3 was depressing enough. Eager to check out Vol. 5.
>>
>>92455552
Aye, volume 4 was at least a decent lore-dump and "set up" volume, hope it pays off in volume 5.
>>
>>92455475
I know you're trying to be witty about how terrible it is, but there's no denying that RWBY is a very popular online series, so the jab kinda falls flat. It consistently gets millions of views on YouTube, ranging anywhere from 2-9 million. The Red Trailer itself got over 12. And this is just from YouTube, so it's not counting the Japanese dub or the viewership on the RT website.

Is it good? Very debatable. Is it watched? Not as debatable.
>>
>>92454354
Pretty much my views on it to.
>>
>>92452189
Dropped after Monty died and RT decided to shit on his corpse instead of letting him rest peacefully.

Only watched for the Monty-fight scenes and the cool weaps, then I saw a trailer for whateverfucking season and it looked like the most boring nonsense in the multiverse so I never picked it back up.

RIP Monty, tho
>>
What happened to the generals?
>>
>>92455552
Yes V4 not going grimdark was what made it blow

It wasn't the fact that we were spread across 6 separate plots, being team RWBY, Oscar and Oz, and Salem, which it absolutely failed to do so coherently and fucked characters over in the process.
>>
>>92458857
They're in /trash/ until V5 starts back up.
>>
I think people just watch it as a train wreck, or at least that's what I'm doing.

Everything about the actual show is so awful. The character's personality, the writing, and visuals/animation. Even the music after the trailers is evanescence tier.
Also if you unironically have a waifu from that show, you're a fag.
>>
>>92452189
I mean I know it's garbage. I still watch it though. I don't even know why.
>>
>>92458992
This. People who say Volume 4 was "good" are stupid. It was just as bad as the other volumes. Visual quality doesn't make up for shitty writing.
>>
>>92455552
>>92455594
GTFO Miles
>>
>>92455661
Actually, current RWBY only reaches barely 2 million after a few months. It's not like it breaks 2 million in a week
>>
Go back to your containment board >>>/trash/
>>
>>92459157
It's not a general.
>>
>ever picking it up to begin with
if ever there was a property to pick out the utterly tasteless mongs, it's this
I don't even need to go into why as >>92454354 has done it perfectly
>>
>>92452794

This. I might tune in for the Extra Life Stream (and be totally lost because I don't recognize anybody or anything they reference), but I haven't paid attention to RT outside of Funhaus in years. They haven't exactly been producing quality content lately.
>>
Volume 4 broke a lot of people. Even the subreddit was negative over it. The fans are well aware of its quality issues. I think it comes down to the weapons and world.
>>
I picked it up for the weapons and fight scenes and stayed for the characters and the setting. I really just want to know if any main chars are going to die this season.
>>
I stopped half way through vol 4. If shit actually happens in vol 5 I'll catch back up. I feel like they went the wrong direction with Jaune. Especially since he's supposed to be the leader and strategist and his solution for beating the Golem Grimm was to "hit it harder". I think they should've stretched out vol 3 into two volumes.
>>
I watched it for best boy Roman Torchwick, but now I'm just watching to see how it ends with Neo, probably will drop it after, cant say for certain, its kind of like waiting to see a train crash.
>>
Beyond the shit writing, shit acting, and shit animation, one of the biggest downfalls the show has is its structure.

Three "volumes" make a "season," and it's clear that a set of volumes is supposed to be watched together, since the first two volumes of a season act as setup for the third. The problem is that you only get one volume, which is a set of twelve 10-15 minute episodes, per year. Because of this, each volume has to also stand on its own as a single thing, so each one is going to have some final confrontation to build up to. It makes much more sense structure-wise to view the three volume sets together, but they don't air that way.

It's a messy, broken system that just makes Miles and Kerry's amateurish writing and directorial skills that much more apparent.
>>
>>92459296
The Pyrrah and Cinder fight was horribly choreographed, was that under Miles and Kerry's direction? Cause for a volume where shit goes down, it was an awful way to end it on.
>>
>>92459347
It was likely under MKs direction seeing as Monty wanted the edgy ending where Jaune accidentally ends up killing Pyrrha

cant remember what fights Monty worked on specifically, I do know he worked on Roman and Neo vs Ruby
>>
>>92459387
You see, The fight they went with was the world class fighter with Magneto's powers vs evil girl with fire/Fall Maiden powers. It should have been cool as fuck. But it was just shit. At least if Jaune killed Pyrrah, it would make sense that the amateur ruined it for Pyrrah.
>>
>>92459072
>Vol 4 is just as bad as the other volumes
Then why it gets special flak? You guys are overreacting or you just forgot what show you were watching.
>>
>Drop the ball massively with Volume 4 in terms of story after all the hype that was Volume 3
>Chibi takes away so many tense/important moments and also lessens the impact later moments in the real show will have (Ruby and Yang being separated for the first time in their life/not seeing each other in forever means nothing to the audience since they've seen them mess around together for what will be close to 50 episodes of Chibi by the time V5 airs, not to mention dead characters like Pyrrha and Penny)
>Multiple characters somehow regress in terms of design after the upgrade to an actual animation program (seriously, what the fuck was with Yang and Nora's models?)

It frustrates me.
>>
>>92459247
Vol. 4 saved the show for me. I was ready to drop it if the edgefest of Vol. 3 finale continued but fortunately it wasn't the case and I found again enjoyment in watching hijinks with team JNRR and a much needed mourning before moving on.
>>
>>92459387

In the V3 finale or in general?

Because I know he pushed for Penny fighting with her weapons way back at the end of V1 despite M&K protesting, which kind of lessened the impact of both the reveal that she's an android and her fighting during the tournament.
>>
>>92459541
>a much needed mourning before moving on

Literally almost no mourning happened. One scene of Jaune watching a video and a random scene of "Ooooh whaaa we lost Pyrrha oh and that ginger one whatshername" in the second to last episode doesn't count.

Yang got over her troubles offscreen. Weiss just sort of went to Atlas and then left. Blake continued to be coddled and treated as not doing anything wrong for whatever reason. Ruby went back to not doing shit.
>>
>>92459555
I don't mind knowing that Penny was an android before hand. If they saved all thise reveals for right when she died, it would come off as a Shamalamadingdong tier twist.
>>
>>92459486
Different anon here

I wouldnt say it's as bad as the other volumes, I'd say it's more like Volume 2 if Volume 2 was slower, boring, and less coherent
>>
>>92459555
Nah, the Penny V1 thing was that Miles didn't want her to be "stupid overpowered", which Shane got butthurt about since someone dared speak against dear Monty, so they had her destroy like 4 airships at once and didn't tell Miles they'd animated it until he sat down to watch the finale to record commentary.
>>
>>92459521
Why is CHIBI an issue? Is not the first comedy spin off with death characters popping up. It's way to relax and play with canon-unlikely scenarios as also a bit of service for fans of small or deceased characters that wish to see more of them.
>>
>>92459574
>Actual mourning doesn't count as mourning
Okay.
>>
>>92454354
Best post.
>>
I hate the glossy look everyones outfit has in Maya, nothing looks like cloth, it's all too stiff, the anti-upskirt tech that used to look like frills on a skirt now look like fucking diapers
>>
>>92459619
It's pandering to a nauseating degree. I agree that it's a good way to have non-canon interactions to appease fans that bitch about everything, but it just feels really cheap to me.

Like I kinda said in the post, stuff like "NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED! EVER!" when they introduced Chibi-Pyrrha was eye-rolling worthy in my opinion. It feels like giving the baby its bottle, and also was a fucking whiplash to be introduced to this spin-off after they took a more serious turn in the show.

>Here's the true tone of RWBY, and what the show will be more like going forward
>btw here's a CGDCT spin off immediately after we introduce this tone shift
>>
>>92459541
sad that ruby never really got to mourn penny
>>
RWBY season 4 was a complete shit show. The fights were disappointing, especially the nuckelavee for all they hyped it up. The dialogue is super cliche and the romance between Ren and Nora feels like some shitty fan-fiction. They somehow managed to make Blake even worse and turned Sun into a buttmonkey for her sake. And the pacing, oh god the breakneck pace is the worse offender. Most of Yang's development is skipped, Wesis just kinds of wanders around doing nothing for the entire season.

Ruby's team is the worse offender. No breaks or team building/character developments other then the first ep. Just forced facefirst into plot, plot and more plot events. Isn't the series supposed to be similar to a JRPG? Where's the adventure? Show them running around, fighting grimm, interacting with the various villages they find, the world they live in, how they get along with each other over so many months together, the minor challenges and obstacles they face on the road and how life is on Remnant.

You know, worldbuilding shit. Instead, we get like 10 mins of that in the first ep, then destroyed village after destroyed village with blatant foreshowing and major plot dumps with no breaks until they end up in mistral.

Like holy shit, where's the world building? Where's the adventure and character interaction/development? Where's the villages? Where is my grimm infested wilderness? Can you believe that they were in the most heavily grimm infested place in the show so far and they only managed to fight grimm twice in the entire season, with the two grimm between solo boss fights.
>>
>>92459639
>two minor/unimportant scenes counts

Hey look I can geentext as well!

The loss of Pyrrha didn't weigh nearly as heavy as it should have on these characters. Ruby saw two close friends die right in front of her, and as far she knows her sister is still dead inside and missing an arm. Her character barely changed, if at all. Yang had her sister "abandon" her not too long after her teammate/possible love interest do the same after she lost an arm trying to protect her. She was back to joking and messing around the moment she was reintroduced, only having one or two moments of "Oh yeah, I'm meant to have some development" before instantly brushing it aside. Jaune lost his partner who he only realised his feelings for/her feelings for him when it was too late.

Nora and Rem somehow got the most character development and showed the most baggage, and that only happened when something new was introduced that Volume.
>>
>>92459673
Penny was forgotten about the second Ruby saved Pyrrha inside the stadium. Her charatcer and death was nothing more than a plot device to cause shit to go down.

She was mentioned only twice since then (once by Yang and once by Jaune, never by Ruby), and even then she wasn't the focus of the conversation and was treated as an afterthought.
>>
>>92459673
>show about Team RWBY
>titular character Ruby loses one of her best friends
>show focuses on Jaune's feelings for Pyrrha instead
Good show MK.
>>
>>92452794
>Burnie going off on a tangent on the latset RT Podcast about "offensive humour"
>When his flagship shows two most popular characters were a guy who "wasn't" gay and someone who "wasn't" retarded

Why must the good die?
>>
>>92459653
The models looked questionable, and I don't think they have the shading down right. Some of it looks weird
>>
>>92459925
The eyes seemed really weird to me. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

Only a few models, like Qrow and Blake for example, looked much better in Maya. Whilst others, like Yang, Weiss, Papa Schnee (although in V3 he wasn't actually a model) and Ironwood, seemed to regress massively.

I mean, remember the eyebrows on Mercury?
>>
People watched for reasons other than spanking it to Blake and Yang?
>>
>>92460122
>Spanking it to Blake and Yang

Spanking it to Weiss tbqhwymgm
>>
>>92459842
It's hard watching them bend to the "progressive" mindset. You can tell Gus and Gavin don't give a shit. Even Michael is getting soft.
>>
>>92460122

95% of the people who give a shit about the show are only in it for the waifus, who are such flat and basic character archetypes (the naive and innocent kid, the rich bitch with a heart of gold, the outgoing blonde bombshell, the brooding loner, etc.) that writing fanfiction/smut fiction without going "out of character" is super easy.
>>
>>92460420
I liked how Gavins reasoning for toning down the jokes when he's "on-air" equated to nothing more than "I can't be arsed to deal with the moaning".

I bet the AH office was/is just filled with a shit load of "offensive" humour when the cameras aren't around, especially back in the old-old office with Geoff and Ray being there.
>>
>>92460462
Certain parts, I'm sure.
AH definitely, whenever Mica isn't around to not be funny. Everyone in the Bungalow is probably always walking on eggshells though, so as to not offend some snowflake who works in there.
>>
>>92460536
Depends.

Barb on the Internet-Box podcast showed how much of a disgusting animal that girl is. And people like Becca and Jon are hardly known for their PC qualities.
>>
>>92460536
Wan't Mica one of those people who thinks money doesn't equal privelage or something like that? I never watched whatever podcast that got everyone up in arms about her.
>>
>>92460573
Babs is kind of borderline at this point. She stopped that drunk story from the last podcast dead just to point out that "HEY MAYBE HE'S BI AND THEREFORE INCAPABLE OF FAULT"
Regardless, I dread the day that Funhaus starts to censor themselves.

>>92460613
I want to say she got drunk on a stream and tried to validate being bi as a legitimate sexuality.
>>
>>92460456
>writing fanfiction/smut fiction without going "out of character" is super easy
I see this as part of the charm tbqh. This show is relatable in it's amateur writting quality. I guess this would be insulting to aspiring professional writers but it's fun that the show is simple enough for to assumptions of the average fan to actually be plausible.
>>
>>92460644
I can see Funhaus splitting off if RT tries to censor them (not that I think they would).

Although I'd bet it's part of why the "Let's Play Family" shit flopped, since people like Funhaus and Cow Chop are the compete opposite of eggshell walking and wouldn't mesh with a potentially more restricted environment.

I mean, look at the OTS that Cow Chop and Funhaus did a couple of weeks back.
>>
>>92460122
Why would anyone care about the shitty main characters? Your taste is garbage boco.
>>
>>92459467
Pyrrha would've won had it not been for the dragon.
>>
File: Problems solved.jpg (51KB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
Problems solved.jpg
51KB, 303x307px
>>92460613
>It's a "Matt, Trevor, and Mica" episode
>>
AH will die if they go they PC route. People like the raunchy humor and Michael rage. I think secretly Burnie doesn't give a shit. He's just trying to look cool.
>>
>>92460830
I love Pyrrha and miss her but what the dragon had to do with anything? Pyrrha put up a great fight but Cinder simply had to wait till Pyrrha's stamina wears down and outlast her with her humongous Maiden Power. Pyrrha lost because she was human.
>>
>>92460934
Michael's a dad now.
He's getting buff and giving motivational speeches on Instagram. The end has begun.
>>
I dropped rwby when I heard the voice acting in the trailers for it
>>
>>92459732
The time skip was a mistake. But I think that had to do with people throwing a fit over the bully arc.
>>
It's so odd that people consider RWBY to be an anime. Is it because of the art style?
>>
>>92460749
Yeah, the Cow Chop people specifically left the Creatures because of company policy making them more family friendly/restriction of creativity. I can't see RT doing the same considering how many views they get vs the Creatures now.
>>
>>92460934
Burnie totally doesn't give a fuck. I think he's A) doing it for Ashley, and B) trying to please the outrage demographic that gets pissy over everything (even if they're a minority, and most people don't give a shit)
>>
>>92452189
>picking up RWBY at all
That was your first mistake OP
>>
>>92460855
>It's a Matt, Geoff, Gus, Joel, Burnie and Gus episode
>>
>>92460980
The fit over the bully arc was fully justified.

Fuck off attemoting to make it mire of a episodic series and fuck off attempting it with characters no one at the time gave a shit about that weren't advertised/promoted to the audience at all.

Especially when they're as starved for time as V1 was.
>>
>>92460613

She's Levarr Burton's daughter. She's never wanted a day in her fucking life. Who does she think she is to talk about "privilege?"
>>
>>92461553
Isn't she like a freshman in college?
>>
>>92461283
Muh advertised characters. Should Carolina get screen time or Wash? Their not the reds or the blues.
>>
>>92460980

The time skip could have worked had it not been so long. It being six-eight months causes a whole bunch of narrative problems that just do not add up. It should have been a few weeks at most.
>>
>>92461553
>Instant job when she leaves college that she only got because the people who hired her liked the show her dad was on from 20 years ago
>fail completely at job she was bought in for
>instead of letting her go, you move her to another department where she can't cause damage

Such a hard life this wealthy, 23 year old, good looking girl has had...
>>
>>92461685
>>fail completely at job she was bought in for
wait, what?
>>
>>92461596
Carolina, nah. She's shit and only exists because Kathleen is an idiot.

Wash was advertised though, and introduced in a spin off first. And it was made clear that Reconstruction would be presented differently to BGC. No misleading happened.
>>
>>92461685

But she's BLACK and BISEXUAL and a WOMAN so she's oppressed! Don't you know how this works, you sexist, homophobic, racist fucking white male shitlord?
>>
File: 1427173009994.png (73KB, 565x619px) Image search: [Google]
1427173009994.png
73KB, 565x619px
>>
>>92461706
She was supposed to help push RT/AH's streaming into being a regular/profitable avenue and be semi-regular in videos like Lindsay, Trevor and Matt, but was awful at doing that.

So they moved her over to The Know.
>>
>>92454354
My thoughts exactly. I want to like it when I consider all of the work that goes into it.
>>
>>92461797
Goddammit, I love Gavin. He gives zero fucks
>>
>>92461797
Gavin was literally raised on RvB/Geoff & Griffon humour.

Being politically correct isn't on his radar, as much as he might claim when a camera is in front of him.
>>
>>92461803
She probably won't stick on the know, given how insufferable she is
>>
>>92460797

Cuz they're hot?
>>
>>92461852
What about Burnie?
>>
>>92461797
>based as fuck
>>
The only reason Mica says class isn't a real privilege is because she knows she'd trump everyone in that regard, and being black wouldn't matter as much, because money gives you tons of privileges, connections, and opportunities, despite your skin shade
>>
>>92461906

Burnie doesn't give a shit as long as he keeps making money. He starts giving a shit when he stops making as much money.
>>
>>92461878
Is the Know even still going?
>>
>>92461958
When did she say that?
>>
Anyone have any hope for Lazer Team 2?
The first one was pretty decent, considering.
>>
Nigga I never started ruby
>>
watched episode one, after oum died i basically lost all hope for the project
>>
>>>/trash/
>>
>>92460420
>>92460462
AH is full of best boys

Geoff is bestest boy
>>
I don't bother with RT beyond RvB anymore.
>>
>>92459607
How do people hear about this kind of stuff? Interviews?
>>
I mean the series are still trash but the speculation when it's actually airing is vastly entertaining, also can't let /ourboy/ Oscar down
>>
V5 is gonna be make or break for me.
V3 had a lot of momentum which V4 lost almost completly.
V4's animation problems could be blamed on the new software, weird writing and direction on uncertainty of post Monty.
At this point if V5 isn't noticably better than V4, then I'm droping it.
>>
File: C9digIKVoAAH6P6.jpg (74KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
C9digIKVoAAH6P6.jpg
74KB, 600x800px
>>
>>92465540
Miles literally said it during the commentary for V1 and maybe 2, but I think Monty made a few jokes about it on panels.
>>
>>92452189
Season 4 was a let down, nothing but filler that I could have lived with out, but except for Nora I liked all the new designs.
>>
>>92458992
>we were spread across 6 separate plots
This, I only kept watching because I had absolutely nothing going on. But now, man, hopefully the way it ended was an indication that all those plots were going to collide and we'd get the whole team back together. They should've made the season longer.
>>
>>92467250
Well next volume already has some promising improvements, such as a majority of the characters in a single location, being Mistral.

We know Ruby, Yang and Weiss are there and probably Blake not long after, Oscar and Oz are there too, so the switching over from one character to another wont be too hard for them to map out, and once they inevitably all meet up again it'll be back to normal.

It would be such an improvement though if they just made the volumes a few episodes longer
>>
>>92467366
>It would be such an improvement though if they just made the volumes a few episodes longer
That and longer seasons. I don't get how their production team works.
>>
>>92467451
Back at V2 they were basicly throwing around whoever of the A-team animators wasn't occupied at the moment at what they deemed most inmportant at that moment, which is basicly why ep11 of V2 looked and was animated way better than ep12, despite being finalle.
>>
>>92467872
Fucking hell, are they that bad?
>>
>>92468330
Kinda. They are supposed to be better now, but at that point Monty and Shane were their best assets, so they just threw them at what was deemed a priority (read RvB).
>>
>>92458857
/trash/
>>
>>92468424
Yup and now their gone. So the best hope is that Dillion comes back.
>>
>>92454354
Best post.

RWBY was trash from the beginning. The only people that got into it were waifufag losers that need the stupid bullied out of them.
>>
>>92452189

Definitely the creator.
>>
>>92452591
>Not to the man born without a choice
hi /hsg/ maybe Lucy won't pull the football away this time
>>
>>92454354
>it feels like a fanfic of an actual series
It is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Eater_(manga)#Anime
>>
>>92455964
>Dropped after Monty died and RT decided to shit on his corpse instead of letting him rest peacefully.

Also RT was content to look the other way while he was alive regarding the models being stolen MMD models whose licenses specifically forbade being repurposed for commercial use. Monty and Shane were masters at converting MMD rigs to Poser but people were already starting to post the evidence. This is about half of why RT switched to Maya and had artists rebuild the characters from scratch.
>>
>>92471928
So other than magic school what else does RWBY have in common with Soul eater?
>>
>>92454354
If it's so bad, why do the Japanese love it so much? It got its own dub with famous VAs.
>>
Haven't even watched anything related to RT in years now with the exception of Cow Chop. Even then CC are just a PG-13 version of Filthy Frank.

It's kind of jarring to see RT turning into this corporate monster after more then a decade making dumb Halo machinimas. I dropped RVB and tried watching RWBY before realizing it was hot garbage, but damn if I don't respect the original RT members.
>>
>>92471928
>>92472061
>Magic school series number 43567

All anime is just fanfics with names changed. The Japanese collective imagination is inbred as fuck.

>>92472110
>They started making Halo fanfiction
>Now they make Soul Eater fanfiction

I thought people were supposed to get better at writing the more they do it?
>>
>>92472110
>corporate monster after more then a decade making dumb Halo machinimas
Read Shane's account of how they treated him the minute Monty achieved room temperature some time. They wanted to steal this from them as soon as it was possible to do so.
>>92472185
>I thought people were supposed to get better at writing the more they do it?
Have you ever heard of Ken Penders?
>>
>>92472185
So nothing else then?
>>
>>92458857
Mods moved them to /trash/ since they stopped caring about the series and no longer had an excuse to play favorites hahahahhah HA
>>
>>92472185
>The Japanese collective imagination is inbred as fuck
I in particular like OH NO GIANT THINGS ARE ATTACKING US FOR MYSTERIOUS REASONS and PROXY MONSTER BATTLE
>>
>>92472238
>Nothing else then?

?
>>
>>92472185
To be fair, an original idea doesn't translate into having no imagination, nor does it make the idea bad. It's more so the execution that matters.
>>
>>92472542
Also, not all anime involved magic schools. Even the ones that do can be good.
>>
>>92472508
>>92472185
Are you genuinely saying Western imaginations are way more widespread?
Like really?
>>
>>92472508
Japan is a collectivist culture. It's very telling that Western genres like "space opera" or "crime fiction" or "superhero" have more variety than entire demographics of media in Japan.

Shonen is a genre with its own conventions and tropes and cliches. Wrap your head around that.
>>
>>92472564
The fact you felt the need to follow your post with this shows that there's a big, big problem in the Japanese imagination.

>>92472576
That is exactly what I'm saying. Fight me.
>>
>>92472609
Don't need to.
Any sense of superiority in imagination is usually pure ignorance of what they enjoy is generic by other context.
>>
>>92472576
Yes they are..
>>
>>92472609
>there's a big, big problem in the Japanese imagination.
You can tell this because I'm criticizing you for making broad blanket statements? That doesn't make any sense.

You're just going off of a grain of popular shows instead of thinking for a second about what you're actually saying. There's like two shows about "magic schools" going on in Japan, you'd know this if you actually looked shit up.
>>
>>92472763
I said fight me Anon not tap out.
>>
>>92472806
>the west has a bigger imagination
i agree dude, family guy is so imaginative. it has TALKING DOGS
>>
>>92472863
That you felt the need to add a second post saying "oh by the way not all anime is about magic schools" is sad. That you right now inform me that there "Are like, two shows about magic schools going on in Japan" is sad.

It's all very, very sad. That's the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>92472902
Muh family guy. Talk to me when Goku is as recognizable Micky mouse.
>>
>>92472867
>I said fight me, don't tap out
You're the one completely avoiding the fact I called you an naive manchild who can't actually comprehend things fairly.
>>
>>92472902
I agree sempai. I wish these baka gaijin would wake up and understand the subtle literary flourishes of the magical pedobait genre.
>>
>>92472935
>>92472963
Did you forget that Miyazaki's films are a thing? Oh wait, that doesn't fit into your narrative. My bad.
>>
>>92472935
Pikachu.
>>
>>92472953
>Can't comprehend things fairly

Childhoods End + Archie = Evangelion

Starship Troopers + Star Trek= Gundam

Bewitched +Wonder Woman+ an unhealthy fixation on little girls= Magical Girls

>>92472993
Yes, the movies with all the depth of a Hallmark greeting card pining for a pre-industrial arcadia that never existed while owing their very existence to industrial methods are so, so deep. Fucking 10/10.
>>
>>92472993
Neat. Ask the average joe about Miyazaki.
>>92473015
Prove that pikachu is more popular than Mickey.
>>
>>92453999
yeah man everyone one but /trash/
>>
Don't know what happened to this thread to have a bunch of pseudo-intellectual losers arguing about who's creative animation dick is bigger. If you unironically think that anime or Western cartoons can only be this one thing or this other thing in terms of imagination, you're an idiot.

As for RWBY, it started dropping off after the attack on the school. It felt like they were killing off and shifting the plot WAY too fast, especially in the season finales. It's like they realized that essentially no plot progression has happened over 3 years and needed shit to change now. It was rushed. At least the animation got better.
>>
The show suffers from absolutely terrible writing.

if they had competent writers who knew what the fuck they are doing then it would be decent.
>>
I'll be sticking around, hope they fix some issues V4 models had, the giant heads, awkward torsos and arms, maybe fix the lighting and outlining a bit so that characters chins dont disappear when looking forward, and just work on the grimm fights
>>
>>92473088
>Archie + Childhood's End
>Starship Troopers + Star Trek= Gundam
>Bewitched + Wonder Woman + Little Girls
I don't just think you watched those anime.
I think you never watched any of shows to begin with.
You'd be 10% right at least if you said Macross/Robotech instead of Gundam.
>>92473121
By what standard?
Popularity? Range of demographics? Relevance? (Because Mickey isn't gonna win that last one for sure)
>>
>show is called RWBY
>Ruby never gets focus
>>
>>92459271
Of course they won't

They didn't even follow through with killing Qrow
>>
>>92473257
Sure but then you'd have to pay those professional writers more. Leaving less money to go towards production. Also who would you bring in Bendis or the guys from Korra?
>>
>>92473299
>instead all the focus shifts to fucking Jaune the obvious self insert character.

Bad writing
>>
>>92473310
Qrows probably gonna die, but if you honestly expected anyone to die in V4 then you played yourself.
>>
Isnt this an anime?
>>
>>92473511
aren't you?
>>
>>92452189
i'm not sure how you could stand to watch it in the first place
>>
>>92473536
pretty easy with the early episodes being so short
>>
>>92473577
Vol.1 and 2 are like what a hour and half each?
>>
>>92472234
>Shanes account

Oh please. Guy held Monty on a fucking pedestal and wanted to fuck both him and his wife, and was stubborn to a stupid degree in regards to the production.

His disgust when Kerry decided they needed to start storyboarding was fucking hilarious.
>>
File: neo 2.png (200KB, 506x440px) Image search: [Google]
neo 2.png
200KB, 506x440px
My waifu is so marked for death next season I can feel it.
>>
If there's anything nice I can say about RWBY it's that at least Bendis isn't writing it.
>>
>>92473675
Either V5 or V6, yeah she's gonna die
>>
Vol 3 was the peak. It felt like they were finally starting to get at least a little handle on things.

Then Monty died and it all went to shit. It will probably never reach those levels again.
>>
>>92473750
Bendis? The writer?
>>
File: 20170420_233454.png (530KB, 720x1044px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_233454.png
530KB, 720x1044px
>>92473675
>He thinks she'll even appear in the show ever again

But yeah considering they killed Roman off "because he no longer served the plot", Neo is definitely gonna die almost immediately if she appears again.
>>
>>92473781
already confirmed that she'll be back.
>>
>>92473792
Well enjoy her getting accidentally pushed off a cliff or something stupid.

Or killed by Neptune.
>>
File: shrug.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>92473820
Already expecting her to die so
>>
File: 1490341314246.jpg (55KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1490341314246.jpg
55KB, 400x303px
>>92473820
>neptune
>>
>>92473820
it's probably gonna be connected to Ruby somehow, what with her being the last person who saw Roman, and seeing as Neo never saw him get eaten by the grimm she could easily assume that Ruby killed him.
>>
>>92473866
If there's one thing I can appreciate Chibi for, it's that it acts as an outlet for Kerry to write his fanfiction about being BFF's with Michael without ruining the real show.
>>
>>92473936
I'm betting Ruby will go the entire series without killing someone. They'll claim it's "To show her purity" or some shit.
>>
Why doesn't Ruby just kill Cinder?
>>
>>92474012
Why doesn't Ozpin just rape Salem?
>>
>>92474012
well she thought cinder was just a student before the fall and when she got to the tower she was so overwhelmed that SilverEyes knocked her out and turned Cinder into half crispy bacon
>>
>>92473770
Yeah the guy who fucked over Halo. Ask the halo general how they feel about the guy.
>>
>>92472576
>Are you genuinely saying Western imaginations are way more widespread?
I'm saying that anime (not manga) represents repetitious lowest common denominator themes reinforced by an economic model where investor pools generally won't touch original concepts unless the production team's already well known and able to sell a project.

Magical girls, fujobait sports shows, moeshit """comedies""", thinly disguised xenophobia, proxy battles, and the like get funded over and over because the investors expect otaku to pay for vastly overpriced DVDs/BDs of them later on and recoup the money.
>>
>>92452189
I dropped it when it went full DBZ at the end of the second or third season, Pyrrha died, and Ruby went full-on SSJ chosen one nonsense.

I just wanted fun adventures at my monster hunting school. I didn't want DBZ. I didn't want stupid shit about worldwide rebellions and politics. I certainly didn't want another damn story about chosen ones and being the ultimate good/evil.

I just wanted my dumb-as-rocks protagonist on monster hunting adventures.

When rwbyg went away, I realized that the only reason I watched it up until that point was because I enjoyed those threads.
>>
>>92473624
>Guy held Monty on a fucking pedestal and wanted to fuck both him and his wife, and was stubborn to a stupid degree in regards to the production

You have zero argument from me on any of that but RT did fuck him over.
>>
>>92460420
I love Gus and Gavin. If it weren't for shlomo guys I would probably have quit watching anything even remotely related to RT.
>>
>>92474117
>the guy who fucked over Halo
Please provide details, I need the schadenfreude
>>
>>92474178
>When rwbyg went away
rwbyg still exists, mods put the general in /trash/ until the next volume starts up
>>
File: 1473645928649.jpg (172KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1473645928649.jpg
172KB, 740x740px
>>92474127
>sweeping generalizations shat out as facts
Oh boy I wonder who's behind thi-
>thinly disguised xenophobia
>>
>>92474256
Oh, I know. I'm certainly not going to /trash/ to read it, though.
>>
>>92474117
>The Benis fucked over Halo

wait
back up, how?
>>
>>92474117
Bendis? He's the guy who fucked over Halo?
>>
>>92472077
Japan also likes SAO and Bleach.
>>
>>92474266
calm your tits, I'm talking about what money men believe sells, not the creative range of an entire people.

>>92474303 >>92474117
Clearly the oversight was not making Master Chief a large black man.
> favors side characters no one else gives a shit about
That's our Benis!
>>
>>92474390
Yes, Brian Michael Bendis.
>>
>>92474206
I think he's talking about Brian Reed.

Brian Reed is responsible for the Halo 4 Terminals (okay), Spartan Ops (shit), Initiation (shit), The Next 72 Hours (shit), and Halo 5 (shit).

He essentially wrote the worst stories in the halo franchise and for some reason was one of the head narrative writers for 343. He's responsible for "killing off" the Didact, Sarah fucking Palmer, Hitler Cortana, etc.
>>
>>92474428
Huh, never knew he wrote Uprising.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>92474127
You're not incorrect anon. However, I feel it is somewhat disingenuous for you to suggest that the watering down of creative effort into something more easily digested by a dedicated fanbase, or mass market audience, is a practice more common in Anime when such a thing is also very prevalent in most other forms of media.

Take the current state of the comic or movie industry for example.
>>
>>92474428
>I'm talking about what money men believe sells
You're still talking out your ass is what you're doing. Simply regurgitating popular opinions you've heard thrown around here. Without a single fact or quote or anything substantial.
Certain genres sell well so they make more of those kinds of shows?
>moeshit """comedies"""
Like, you could say the same thing about cartoon animal comedies. They're not all the same because they have similar premises.
It's like I'm listening to my grandpa here it's hilarious. You have absolutely no idea and just want to look unique being contrarian.
>>
>>92474534
You're not wrong either.
>>
>>92453204
The first season is promising. The idea of dumb magic high school adventures is something most people can enjoy.
Then it starts trying to have a serious plot, and it's awful. I know Monty wanted it that way, but it was a bad direction for the series. It was taking something that was semi-unique in its presentation (not in writing, but just presentation) and trying to pit it against every other anime-trope filled work out there.
>>
Never been in one of these threads before. What got you guys into it in the first place? From what I saw the animation looked like some amateur newgrounds shit.
>>
>>92475106
Jumped in just before the start of V2, watched the trailers and V1 was pretty easy to consume

Obviously it's not a perfect show, really didnt care if the animation was so amateur, it was just something to watch for fun, I had time, might as well watch it

Characters are pretty basic, but there's enough characters to grab a favorite, the world its in and idea of it all is decently fun, at this point I'm mostly curious to see where its all going
>>
>>92462679
No it wasn't.
>>
>>92452189
You're a moron if you didn't drop it after the first few episodes.
>>
>>92474181

Shane fucked himself over by being as unprofessional as possible every step of the way. Not that RT are particularly professional either, but he was absolutely incapable of playing with others and thought Monty could do no wrong. (Monty did a lot of things wrong)
>>
>>92475760
you drop it after a few episodes into volume 1 and think your opinion matters to anyone who watched it all the way to volume 4
>>
>>92452189
As soon as Pyrrha died. She was best girl, and without her there was no reason to keep watching.
>>
File: bully.png (326KB, 797x448px) Image search: [Google]
bully.png
326KB, 797x448px
>>92475861
>She was best girl
>>
>>92475813
I saw the entire thing up to the end of volume 3. The entire thing is bad and doesn't get much better.
>>
>>92475878
volume 3 was a major improvement and fell apart when they did nothing with the hype it built into V4
>>
>>92475867
What happened to her head? Holy shit.
>>
File: 1491188964081.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491188964081.gif
2MB, 500x280px
>>92475978
this

they actually thought it was okay
>>
I don't get all the RWBY hate.

It has waifus AND gunfus.

How can you hate a show with gun-nunchuks?!

It's downright un-American.
>>
>>92475106
I got into it back when the red trailer was released. So good or bad I'm here to stay. I'm curious to see what becomes of it.
>>
>>92476085
probably because the concept isnt carried very well into the show itself

and some people just hate fun
>>
>>92476015
Every time I see something from this show it just looks worse and worse.

>>92476085
It's a poorly animated show that people treat as gold despite having some of the worst writing ever.

If it was just gunfus and gunchuks instead of another damn "You gotta save the world" plotline with ultimate power macguffins, then you would have a point .

The minute they set foot outside of the school is the moment that show really started to tank in a lot of ways. >>92475861 nailed it. Pyrrha dying was a microcosm of why the show really started to suck when the major plot elements were revealed. RT can't do serious because they have no writers and no actors who can do serious. You would think they would have learned that after they tanked RvB by trying to introduce serious and """real""" plotlines.
>>
>>92476183
>Every time I see something from this show it just looks worse and worse.
Animation for the most part is pretty decent in V4, there's just a few more glaring moments where its obvious they dont know what the fuck they're doing, like with that scene, the Sun and Blake vs. Water Grimm fight, and the Nuckelavee as a whole.
>>
>>92476085

Because it's animated like shit, and for every minute of awesome fight gunchuks we get, there's half an hour of dumb poorly-written bullshit.
>>
>>92460573
Any examples of Barb? Or is it constant? The podcast she runs now is okay but I've never listened to Internet Box.
>>
>>92476183
>>92476288
So what I'm hearing is high expectations and entitlement, and

>>92476166
>some people just hate fun

Got it.

It's a B tier podcast animation behind a paywall, you shouldn't expect In-N-Out when your eating McDonalds ya know?
>>
>>92476288
Anon this is RWBY we don't get half hours.
>>
>>92476523
>behind a paywall
it's free on youtube
>>
>>92476288
So like most shonen shows then?
>>
>>92476183
>they tanked RvB by trying to introduce serious and """real""" plotlines

What season/s are you talking about? I watched 1 through 8 (couldn't stomach the series after the writer switch), and as I recall the transition to more serious material was pretty gradual.
>>
I'm gonn watch the new season, but I am no longer hype.
>>
>>92476183
>Every time I see something from this show it just looks worse and worse.

this. I could fogive this if it was in a lighter series like it seemed to be in season 1, the animation gave it a goofy feel that fit the overall theme and plot. The moment they went serious was the downfall of this series. Animation, VA and writing is fine for a slap stick teenagers fighting monsters comedy/action show, but it doesn't work with a serious tone.
>>
A minor gripe I had is that if the group fought like they used to in vol 3 that horse Grimm or whatever it was called would have been dead in 2 minutes tops given how damn slow and unweildy it looked.

It feels like everyone for stupider as far as combat is concerned. Maybe done as an easy way to show off how much better Qrow is than everyone else, I don't know.
>>
>>92476085
Gunchucks died with Monty.
>>
>>92476300
Mostly just vulgar/gross/incredibly sexual.

A way to explain the difference would be this. On the RT podcast she admitted to "flicking it" like 11 times in one day. If she'd talked about it on Internet Box, she'd probably go into detail on all 11 times.
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.