[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dr. Manhattan VS The Empty Hand VS Earth 4 Captain Atom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: jn9nxYe.jpg (2MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
jn9nxYe.jpg
2MB, 3975x3056px
Why do I feel like we're missing something?

Yeah, yeah...Dr. Manhattan is the bad guy...blah blah

But what happened to the other two?

Dr. Manhattan was crazy powerful in Watchmen. But altering and manipulating reality and timelines? That's something I would expect only something like The Empty Hand/Ultra to pull off.

And what happened to the Captain Atom of Earth 4. Did he really get a black hole to the brain or is he alive? Is the Watchmen universe going to replace Earth 4 or what?
>>
My theory is that Empty Hand is the real villain, representing editorially mandated reboots and relaunches.

Manhattan took ten years from the DCU to spare them from another reboot or Crisis.

Manhattan now offs anyone who gets too close to learning of the timeline alteration.

The payoff of all this will be the DCU rejecting the Empty Hand and embracing their full history.
>>
If the Charlton heroes(Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, Peacemaker, Question etc.) don't play an important part in the Rebirth finale vs Manhattan I'm gonna feel gypped
>>
>>92452136
>What about Empty Hand

He is behind all evil and destruction in the DC Universe. He is the receptive, stagnant force inside everyone that just wants to live vicariously through comic book adventures and get bored when the story is over. He is comics as a narcotic to shield from reality as opposed to comics as a creative idea-expanding force.

Only YOU can fight him. Are you fighting him?

>Captain Atom

The theory is that he was black holed into Final Crisis where he helped Superman save the multiverse.

>Dr. Manhattan's power boost

No one knows why he's suddenly so fucking powerful. We hope it's going to be something more than "lol he was always this powerful he just had to really try". That would suck ass.

A smart solution would be to say he's using Johnny Thunder's genie Thunderbolt as a power source. Thunderbolt as a 5 D imp really is powerful enough to pull off the stuff Dr. M has been doing.

>>92452308
I hope that it'll just be implied Empty Hand is behind it all. He works better as a distant force embodied through his agents than something that actually appears before characters.

I like it being implied he's the one behind Eternity being in chains over at Marvel.
>>
>>92452378

>>Not using comics and cartoons as escapes/shields from reality

That's a hell of a lot easier said than done. It's like forgetting that the internet is communication tool and not just a place to LURK MOAR.
>>
>>92452308
>>92452136
Manhattan seems to have a connection with the Gentry, thematically at least.
>>
>>92452820

Fuck me. I meant "remembering".

I need to get my dumb ass to bed. See ya.
>>
Gaiman's Prez is coming to save the day
>>
It is weird that no one brings him up it's like living in a house with a serial killer or in this cosmic cancer that represents horror beyond our comprehension
>>
>>92452923
thank god, someone needs to love around here. Poor guy is gonna need someone to save his wife though.
>>
>>92452977
He's the hole in things Anon. You can't get rid of him. You have to fill him. You have to overcome him.
>>
>>92453023
How can you beat existential abstract shit like that
>>
>>92452136
>expecting DC to ever touch a Grant Morrison subplot as written by Morrison
>wasting your time bothering about the Johns water downed rescript of Morrison's notes
>>
File: SORT YOURSELF OUT intensifies.png (357KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
SORT YOURSELF OUT intensifies.png
357KB, 590x350px
>>92453050
>How can you beat existential abstract shit like that

Gamble the stamp. Talk to people. Take risks. Create things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Qm8I2cCAE
>>
They aren't going to use Grant Morrison's shit. Stop with this roleplaying bullshit.
>>
>>92452136
I agree that Dr. Manhattan is a red herring. I've got a hunch, and it's an admittedly sloppy hunch, that he's being impersonated not just to draw attention way from the real villain, but to bring Dr. Manhattan out of hiding. Whether it's the Empty Hand or Earth-4 Captain Atom is beyond me, but that's the feeling I get.
>>
>>92452136
as much as I would love for DC to make their metaverse characters mesh and be more coherent, I'm not sure geoff will be willing to do it. I think he's still balancing between plot and accessibility to readers. Casuals might scratch their heads on the gentry, empty hand, allen adam etc.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.