[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: Young-Justice.jpg (502KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Young-Justice.jpg
502KB, 2000x1000px
Why do so many people seem to hate this show? In >>92425832 there were a bunch of posts about regretting even watching it in the first place, but very little explanation provided.
>>
The plot wasn't super great in the second season

It wasn't the same as the comic

/co/ likes to be contrarian
>>
>>92440386
The primary complaints revolve around several characters being rather one-note (superboy angst for instance) and the decrease in writing quality in season 2
>>
>>92440386
Half of it is pure contrarianism and shitposting.

The other half of it is the show being criticism regarding some of the decisions regarding the plot and writing.

Either way, it's one of the better DC cartoons and one of the ones from the 2010's.
>>
File: bbb_cast.jpg (91KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
bbb_cast.jpg
91KB, 660x371px
>>92440988
>Either way, it's one of the better DC cartoons and one of the ones from the 2010's.
Nope and NOPE
>>
It got overrated by the fans which caused backlash, but it's not as bad as /co/ tries to make it sound. If you listened to /co/ you'd think it was as bad as Johnny Test or something, but it's mostly ok.

Watching week to week was worse than marathoning it though.
>>
>>92440386
>Why do so many people seem to hate this show?
Because it wasn't good.
>>
>>92440386
ms Martian was insufferable
>>
The shippers can go die in a fire.
>>
Because it wasn't Justice League.
>>
>>92441246
Brave and the Bold was 2008.

I also said ONE OF.

Nice reading comprehension, though.
>>
File: 1479766037285.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479766037285.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
It wanted so badly to be another Justice League but didn't want to put forth the effort. Had some really bad character writing as well the plot also became hopelessly convoluted that they had to scale down on the cast yet still couldn't' develop most of them. Its not "bad" but I don't get the hype for it especially when there were much better DC shows airing at the same time.
>>92440452
>>92440988
/co/ was literally the most excited about YJ when they saw that Weisman was working on it given how good Spectacular Spiderman was. By that logic you can say that we hated Korra because we wanted to be contrarian and not because it was shit
>>
>>92441408
This isn't a Samurai Jack thread, anon.
>>
>>92441467
>Brave and the Bold was 2008.
And?
>I also said ONE OF.
Except it wasn't good period.
>>
>>92440386
well we did like it at the time.

but......y'know time has a way of making us think twice.

>it wasn't about the justice league
>it became a tumblr wank fest
>shipping to the max
>season 2 writing was on par with fan fiction tier crap
>barely any merchandise to make anyone satisfied
>i think the news of a gay character being shoehorned into season 3 is also getting some people into a tizzy and making them retroactively hating YJ
>the tie in comic was shit

They should just let it die
>>
>>92440452
>/co/ likes to be contrarian
This.
I NEVER listen to /co/'s opinion on anything as a determine factor of weather I should check something out because moreso then any other board everyone on here's default holding-pattern involves screechy contrarianism and whiny disgust with absolutely everything.
Enjoying comic books and liking nerdy stuff no longer makes you automatically a social outcast with an inflated sense of elitism in regards to his or her stupid hobby, but /co/ seems DETERMINED to keep these attitudes and tradition alive, and keep them alive over the DUMBEST shit too.

The only reason I even come here anymore are the storytimed by noble anons who struggle to keep this board from completely turning to the shittiest board of all, including /b/.
>>
>>92441581
You obviously don't remember how bad it was during the shows run
>>
>>92441614
>well we did like it at the time.
We were shitting on it from the first season because it had a lot of shitty elements in it.
>>
>>92440386
Half of the main characters were annoying ("HELLO MEGAN!", Superboy's endless angst, Robin making stupid wordplay), and the other half were kind of boring. And instead of developing them to make them less irritating to watch, they started shoving in more characters like Rocket, Zatanna, etc. Then in the second season, the cast doubles, but the main plot is still on a handful of characters, so we're left focusing on Jaime Reyes when there's a dozen more interesting people the show could be about.

And yeah, season 2 was dumb. Twenty character arcs, and only a third of them get any decent development. A plot about the Reach that never becomes as entertaining as an Alien Invasion plot would promise. The Light going too far up in their ass regarding their masterplan that they seemed less like Xanatos and more like Naraku. It was so poorly handled, and when I found out YJ was cancelled, I just gave a resigned "meh".
>>
>>92441716
yeh, but the vocal minority who loved the show drowned out that voice.

i know, i was there

remember, those YJ threads with links to the episode and streams
>>
Before Young Justice, I loved every Weisman show without question. But YJ taught me something off about his writing. For someone all too used to short-lived shows, he loves to plan out the long game. YJ had so many episodes like the one with Infinity Man and the one with Static that were clearly meant to sow the seeds for an arc a season from now, but come off as bewildering by themselves. Weisman doesn't seem to know how to pace a character arc. I remember reading his plans for Gargoyles, and Demona's arc was supposed to develop over several spinoffs, with what we actually got in the show being just the first chapter out of many. That's fucking ludicrous. Weisman's great at a lot of things, but he has no idea how to end a story, especially for someone so used to 2-season shows.
>>
>>92441774
>I hacked the sensors
>>
It was kind of mediocre, I have no idea why people love it honestly. The writing is very weak. DESU, I really don't like DC animated shows/movies I guess, I thought Assault on Arkham was a bad movie with terrible writing, and don't get me started on the Killing Joke
>>
>>92441559
There's always a subset of /co/ that will be contrarian and that subset will grow proportionally to how popular a show or book becomes in other places.
>>
>>92440386
It isn't flawless, but it's better than /co/ seems to think.
The second season kinda drops the ball, but it's still an above average TV show that you can watch without feeling your intelligence insulted (although it won't challenge it either).
>>
>>92440386
They're retarded hipsters. A good cartoon comes along in a sea of shit, and no instead of applauding the effort, they call it shit for not being perfect. Most opinions on here are baseless and excessively contrarion.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Drax.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>92442071
>but it's still an above average TV show that you can watch without feeling your intelligence insulted
>>
>>92441676
I rewatched it recently and it really wasn't. Superboy and Ms. Martian were annoying, but at least they didn't hijack the plot and their relationship was a slow burn, instead of being rushed in a single episode.

Everyone else was fine. Again, most of the show's romantic relationships were featured, but downplayed. The show never lost focus on the overall plot and had plenty of nonromantic relationships and dynamics to balance it out.
>>
File: 1486233118021.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1486233118021.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>92442149
>but at least they didn't hijack the plot and their relationship was a slow burn
Second season is literally The Ms. Martian show featuring Blue Beetle

>Everyone else was fine. Again, most of the show's romantic relationships were featured, but downplayed.
My favorite moment in the show was in the first season finale where everyone kiss their love interest and Aqualad randomly kisses Rocket because black people.
>>
>>92442149
>instead of being rushed in a single episode.
Except it was. I love how nobody brings up the fact that she FUCKING BRAINWASHED HIM INTO LOVING HER WHILE GOING AWOL AND ABANDONING THEIR LEADER.
>>
>>92441957
To be fair, the spinoff idea was mostly mandated by Eisner, who wanted to compete with Marvel's animated universe in the 90's.

Yeah, his long-game planning can be frustrating, but I'll take it over writing by the seat of their pants like Legend of Korra or even the DCAU had at times.
>>
>>92442231
>Second season is literally The Ms. Martian show featuring Blue Beetle

I was talking about romantic relationships. Ms. Martian's plot was about more than just her angst with Superboy.

>>92442277
Ms. Martian and Superboy were attracted to each other in the first few episodes of the season. They didn't become a couple until the prison episode, about 11 episodes later.

>I love how nobody brings up the fact that she FUCKING BRAINWASHED HIM INTO LOVING HER WHILE GOING AWOL AND ABANDONING THEIR LEADER.

Nice fanfiction.
>>
>>92442325
>Ms. Martian and Superboy were attracted to each other in the first few episodes of the season.
Cool horseshit bro
>>
>>92441662
It's too late. We have dumbfucks posting on /co/ about how comics are irrelevant during their console war shitposts.
>>
>>92442360
>Ms. Martian and Superboy were attracted to each other in the first few episodes of the season.

Did you miss her literally blushing and changing her shirt to his when they first met? Or Superboy complementing her during the Santa Prisca mission?
>>
>>92442325
>I was talking about romantic relationships. Ms. Martian's plot was about more than just her angst with Superboy.
No its not considering the turning point is her talking to Superboy again
>>
>>92442130
>Posts a GOTG maymay
Those movies are on the same level as YJ dude.
>>
>>92442385
Yes it was a one-sided crush on MM part because Superboy was too busy having daddy issues. The desert episode is the only time he recuperates the gesture BECAUSE HE WAS BRAINWASHED
>>
>>92442389
>No its not considering the turning point is her talking to Superboy again

The turning point was her mindblasting Aqualad, realizing he was on their side, and seeing that her methods were reckless and foolish. Her coming to talk to Superboy afterwards was a result of that development.
>>
>>92440386
>X is the best ever! It's SOOOO good!
>people point out obvious glaring flaws with a show
>Don't listen to /co/! They're just contrarians!

I hate the new userbase.
>>
>>92440386
because I rather have Avengers: EMH season 3 than Young Justice season 3.
>>
>>92442816
It's hard to accept that ALL modern cartoons are trash, without exception. People naturally push back against blanket notions like that, especially when it implies something depressing.
>>
>>92442084
>Sea of shit
>It's contemporaries were Sym-Bionic Titan, Tron Uprising, Motorcity,Brave and the Bold, Green Lantern TAS, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, G.I.Joe renegades and Mystery Incorporated.
All far better shows. Really the only big action shows that managed to be better than are Korra And Thundercats and both those shows managed to drop more balls than puberty.
>>
>>92442977
You just reminded me that I never finished Tron, thanks Anon
>>
>>92442977
>Sym-Bionic Titan
too short to be good
>Tron Uprising
who
>Motorcity
literal dogshit
>Brave and the Bold
and they say TT is too immature
>Green Lantern TAS
worse than YJ even
>Earth's Mightiest Heroes
kek
>G.I.Joe renegades
top kek
>Mystery Incorporated
SD shows can't be good by definition
>>
>>92440386
I like my Titans like I like my women:

With more Dick.
>>
>>92444788
Hey fuck you buddy, Motorcity was the shit.
>>
If they have another time skip between season 2 and 3, will the show's name be changed to "Early Middle Age Justice"?
>>
>>92445437
We don't know yet, all we know is that season 3 will be called Young Justice: Outsiders.
>>
>>92445416
No, it was just shit.
>>
It wasn't that great. the very end doesn't make up for it
>>
>>92444788
I love YJ, but you are just dumb.
>>
Everyone ITT ignoring the great parts of the show

>Aqualad
>Dick was well-utilized as the tech guy
>Artemis/Cheshire/Sportsmaster family interactions were great
>Wally/Artemis was decent
>Tons of Dr. Fate love and mystic DC in general
>Bane wasn't a mindless monster
>Ms Martian kind of going off the deep end in S2
>Superboy/Ms M relationship ending because it was too immature
that last one was perfect. it's like the writers knew they wrote it wrong and it was doomed to fail.

hopefully they keep them apart.
>>
>>92445623
Dick retires from YJ at the end of S2.

Does he start The Outsiders as the grown-up version of "The Team"?
>>
>>92442821
After how it was murdered in S2, I can't see why you'd want Avengers S3.
>>
>>92449055
Ironically, both YJ and EMH had horrible replacements: Avengers Assemble and TTG!
>>
>>92440386
godawful writing
annoying characters
annoying characters fully meant to be annoying on purpose
annoying characters that stay annoying even when former fans ask to tone it down
annoying character that become even more annoying because creator felt angry at fans and banned them on his forums and doubled down on what made them annoying to spite his own (nor -- former) fans
annoying characters
godawful, formulaic and awkward writing
annoying shipping of annoying characters
all according to keikaku blue-balling at the end of every single episode
godawful writing of characters with utmost priority put on shipping first -- characterisation second. That's why when every single girl is introduced -- a male character immediately calls dibs on her and that becomes the final shipping couple.
annoying characters
godawful writing with gigantic plot hole starting from episode 1 where NONE of the motivations of villains make not a lick of sense
>>
I remember when they made Amanda Waller a dumbass who had no idea how to run Belle Reve, and turned Black Adam into nothing more than a goon.
>>
>>92449368
The thing that annoyed me the most was how the deaths or betrayals that would have had actual resonance all turned out to be fake, and then shortly after another character is killed for real in a really anticlimactic way for no reason.
>>
>>92449923
Oh yeah, does anyone believe Wally died in the finale? No matter how many times Weisman says the Speed Force doesn't exist in YJ, he's gonna come back in the next season to nobody's surprise.
>>
File: TeenTitansLogo.jpg (13KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansLogo.jpg
13KB, 300x259px
>>92449368
Oh fuck, that's one serious vendetta you got there.

I'm curious now, what do you think of Teen Titans?
>>
It's an average series that's overhyped. Plot was basically villains having keikakus and the heroes stopping their master plan in the season finale.

Also unbalanced focus. Superboy and Miss Martian were obviously the creators pets.
>>
>>92440386
A lot of people hate it, because a lot of people also like it.
>>
>>92452833
>le /co/ntrarian maymay
fuck off
>>
>>92449591
I don't think people got too mad about that because it was the same week that Nu52 gave us skinny Waller, so it was great seeing a proper Waller.

Also, she took no shit from the inmates, which is a more important characteristic.
>>
File: you ask nicely.jpg (181KB, 1078x1070px) Image search: [Google]
you ask nicely.jpg
181KB, 1078x1070px
>>92450490
im not that guy >>92449368
but Teen Titans 1000 times better that stupid YJ
>>
>>92442916
Yeah if only it could be good like Super Friends or X-Men.
>>
>>92449368
Imagine writing so much, yet saying absolutely nothing of worth at all.
>>
>>92442916
What's depressing is that I have to suck down the same global atmosphere as normiebook fucktards like you.
>>
>>92450246
It had better not be time travel.
>>
>>92453530
Nah, I'm talking about early 2000s cartoons for the most part. When cartoons reached their peak.
>>
>>92449368
>banned them on his forums
[citation needed]
also mind naming all these characters you're talking about?
>>
>>92440386
>Why do so many people seem to hate this show?
Because it ran alongside a whole bunch of other, better action shows at the time.
>>
>>92449923
This is one of my biggest gripes. You think you're watching character arcs and relationships change and the story progress. But instead everyone always loops right back to status quo even if it makes no goddamned fucking sense.
>"I'm sorry about getting angry about you mindraping me."
>>
>>92440386
Basically because it's a Teen Titans wannabe
>>
>>92455139
How?
>>
The first season wasn't great.
The characterizations boiled down largely to catch phrases, stereotypes, and informed attributes. And yes, some of that was intentional, like with M'Gan basing her identity on a TV show, but when it's telegraphed hard by the second episode the big pay off on it isn't great.
The antagonistic force played the Xanatos "Exactly as planned" thing entirely too much given how simplistic their plan was, to the point that at times it felt like Weisman was jerking himself off with how he could build cliffhangers.
The core premise introduced in the pilot of having the team be used for plausibile deniability missions falls flat when they're all still running around with the logos of their mentors. Am I really supposed to think Kid Flash, Superboy, A girl dressed in green that shoots arrows, and a Martian Chick have absolutely nothing to do with the Justice League?
Romantic subplots and high school stuff took the forefront a little too often for some people. It was especially egregious when you introduce characters like Zatanna and Rocket for no apparent reason other than to have them shipped with Robin and Aqualad respectively for a couple episodes, then they're off to the big leagues. And this would even be okay if not for how shallow it is; they beat you over the head with the fact that Wally and Artemis were destined for each other super hard.
And then rather than develop the characters or stories in real time, they did a two year time skip across seasons that skips over stuff like Death in the Family? That's pretty lame.

All that, and the fact that it got screwed SUPER HARD by the network making following it a pain in the ass , AND Justice League Unlimited was still relatively fresh in everyone's minds so it was a real tough act to follow.
>>
File: TeenTitansTogether.png (177KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansTogether.png
177KB, 500x348px
>>92455307
>AND Justice League Unlimited was still relatively fresh in everyone's minds so it was a real tough act to follow.
The original Justice League hardly prevented Teen Titans from being a massive success.
>>
>>92442149
>, but at least they didn't hijack the plot
I still remember the episode where M'Gan literally flies off and abandons the rest of the team, going off mission and leaving an injured Aqualad, because her brainwashed bae Connor was in trouble.

But yeah in retrospect I guess it was subtle. Barely there, really.
>>
>>92455332
That's because it was a different show.
I know it's not really thought of these days because we're comparing it to Teen Titans Go, but even the original Teen Titans compared to Justice League was generally lighter and sillier.

Whereas Young Justice played the "this is a dramatic action cartoon" card much harder, making it a closer comparison. That's the same reason I think why Brave and the Bold gets a pass some times; it was clearly trying to be something different rather than in the same vein as the highly praised DCAU.
>>
>>92455394
>That's the same reason I think why Brave and the Bold gets a pass some times
So which is better then: BATB or TT?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.